PDA

View Full Version : Villanova @ Delaware

Gangtackle11
November 11th, 2018, 03:50 AM
Villanova 4-6 (1-6) @ Delaware 7-3 (5-2)

12 Noon

Can Delaware finally grab a win in the Battle of Blue Game or will Villanova again knock off the Blue Hens?

Gangtackle11
November 11th, 2018, 05:34 AM
Villanova appears to be dead on arrival coming to New-ark. A listless effort yesterday against W&M proved that the Richmond win was nothing more than a dead cat bounce.

This game has much of the same ramifications for Delaware as last season’s game although at 7-3 they look to have secured a playoff spot. Can they put away the clawless Cats this Saturday or will the Blue Chicks lay another egg against the basketball school?

Is Mark Ferrante & staff fighting for their coaching spots? 2 sub -.500 seasons may not get Ferrante fired, but the seat is getting a little warm heading into ‘19. A win here will help ease the pain a little bit again.

Nova has won 11 of the last 12 played. Will the dominance continue? xpeacex

caribbeanhen
November 11th, 2018, 06:18 AM
GT, despite the listless effort yesterday, you know Villanova will look like a playoff team as soon as they enter the town limits of Newark

I look for a low scoring game, Delaware offense is a 74 Ford Pinto right now, a clunker..... hard to say if most of the blame lies with the coaching or just lack of playmakers, probably a bit both. The way things are shaking out in FCS it's probably not a must win for the Hens, but I think we should just go out and win it and leave no doubt! We want to be 8-3 going into the playoffs.

The Defense is a Senior laden team that has never beat Nova nor played a playoff game, I think these boys are going to get her done on Saturday

Adderley, Brown, Adewusi, Bell, Reeder, Jones, Kitchen, Ware, are all senior starters on Defense who will look to atone for last years embarrasing and heartbreaking loss ......

It's time to break the curse and send your Head Coach packing.... that is really what you want right?

Ivytalk
November 11th, 2018, 06:59 AM
What caribbeanhen said.

MR. CHICKEN
November 11th, 2018, 07:12 AM
......BILL & MARE....SNOT-KNOCKED....DUH 'CATS...........YER ROUNDBALL TEAM.....IS IN DUH NBA............MAIN-LINE......B/COMIN'.......DESOLATION BLVD........xnodxxrotatehxxnodx........BROCCO!

Sitting Bull
November 11th, 2018, 07:39 AM
Not sure I would say listless, I just didn't think the Cats looked all that good as their season has shown. They showed life, W&M just showed more and I think a bit more talent.

Still, they seem to give Delaware fits.

MR. CHICKEN
November 11th, 2018, 07:44 AM
Not sure I would say listless, I just didn't think the Cats looked all that good as their season has shown. They showed life, W&M just showed more and I think a bit more talent.

.........NOT DIS TIME CHIEF............REEDER'S......BEEN SAVIN' UP....SOME HITS...FO' HIS FINAL CAA..SEASON....BOW-OUT..............AWK!

Gangtackle11
November 11th, 2018, 08:25 AM
.........NOT DIS TIME CHIEF............REEDER'S......BEEN SAVIN' UP....SOME HITS...FO' HIS FINAL CAA..SEASON....BOW-OUT..............AWK!

DEATH, TAXES, & NOVA BEATS BLEW CHUNKS (ERR CHICKS).... FORGETABOUTIT!!

jmu007
November 11th, 2018, 08:33 AM
Villanova 4-6 (1-6) @ Delaware 7-3 (5-2)

12 Noon

Can Delaware finally grab a win in the Battle of Blue Game or will Villanova again knock off the Blue Hens?

Took the Wildcats in the CAA Pick'em this week. Don't let me down.

Gangtackle11
November 11th, 2018, 08:34 AM

Ive watched them all season. No disrespect to the College of Bill & the Mrs., but Nova is a team that has played poor if not listless (call it whatever u like).

2 bad interceptions & a key fumble (actually 2 fumbles) isn’t getting it done. The offense was taking its sweet time in the 2nd half. I thought we may have read the scoreboard wrong & thought they were up 24-7 taking valuable time off the clock waiting for plays to come in. Not to mention they had zero timeouts going into the 4th quarter. The defense was ok at best, but giving up that TD before the half was ridiculous. 2 of your 3 TDs has no defenders around the play at all. WTH?

I didn’t see the talent difference you are talking about. Nova actually dominated the stat sheet except turnovers & penalties. Those are most important & a direct indication to the problems Nova continues to show.

On our best day this is a win. We just haven’t had any of those in awhile. Congrats again. See ya in W-burg next season with your new coach xpeacex

Gangtackle11
November 11th, 2018, 08:54 AM
GT, despite the listless effort yesterday, you know Villanova will look like a playoff team as soon as they enter the town limits of Newark

I look for a low scoring game, Delaware offense is a 74 Ford Pinto right now, a clunker..... hard to say if most of the blame lies with the coaching or just lack of playmakers, probably a bit both. The way things are shaking out in FCS it's probably not a must win for the Hens, but I think we should just go out and win it and leave no doubt! We want to be 8-3 going into the playoffs.

The Defense is a Senior laden team that has never beat Nova nor played a playoff game, I think these boys are going to get her done on Saturday

Adderley, Brown, Adewusi, Bell, Reeder, Jones, Kitchen, Ware, are all senior starters on Defense who will look to atone for last years embarrasing and heartbreaking loss ......

It's time to break the curse and send your Head Coach packing.... that is really what you want right?

I’m not sure I want Ferrante fired. I think after a 5-6 season & now either 4-7/5-6 season that you can’t stay status quo. That may mean staff shakeup. We get highly ranked recruits most seasons. Every team has injuries so I’m tired of that excuse.

I have zero say. I’ll leave that up to those close to the situation. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
November 11th, 2018, 09:40 AM
I’m not sure I want Ferrante fired. I think after a 5-6 season & now either 4-7/5-6 season that you can’t stay status quo. That may mean staff shakeup. We get highly ranked recruits most seasons. Every team has injuries so I’m tired of that excuse.

I have zero say. I’ll leave that up to those close to the situation. xpeacex

just tell me Talley will come back in off the golf course and tuck your boys into bed just once this week, anything to beat good old Delaware.....

In all seriousness, Talley was going to be tough to replace and has not been yet

CHIP72
November 11th, 2018, 09:48 AM
When you look at the football facilities Villanova has, the fact the program plays in the shadows of its basketball program to a degree arguably unmatched by ANY Division I (DI-A or DI-AA) football team in the country, AND the fact Villanova plays in a pro sports-dominated market (and in college sports, historically a basketball-dominated market), it is absolutely amazing what Andy Talley accomplished in his three decade tenure at Villanova. Whoever replaced him was going to have big shoes to fill, and so far Mark Ferrante has not been able to fill them, excluding the Wildcats' games against Temple and Delaware. If VU can't beat the Blue Hens on Saturday 11/17, Ferrante will deservedly be feeling the heat. IMO, I'd give him one more season regardless what Villanova does against Delaware, but the Wildcats have fallen off significantly in the last two seasons and that's a reflection on Ferrante (and a positive one on Talley).

MR. CHICKEN
November 11th, 2018, 09:54 AM
When you look at the football facilities Villanova has, the fact the program plays in the shadows of its basketball program to a degree arguably unmatched by ANY Division I (DI-A or DI-AA) football team in the country, AND the fact Villanova plays in a pro sports-dominated market (and in college sports, historically a basketball-dominated market), it is absolutely amazing what Andy Talley accomplished in his three decade tenure at Villanova. Whoever replaced him was going to have big shoes to fill, and so far Mark Ferrante has not been able to fill them, excluding the Wildcats' games against Temple and Delaware. If VU can't beat the Blue Hens on Saturday 11/17, Ferrante will deservedly be feeling the heat. IMO, I'd give him one more season regardless what Villanova does against Delaware, but the Wildcats have fallen off significantly in the last two seasons and that's a reflection on Ferrante (and a positive one on Talley).

....IN MAH OPINE.......'NOVA NEEDS UH...STRENGTH/CONDITIONIN' EXPERT........JAR UH PILLS.............&.......UH KICKER........AWK!

....SOMEONE...SAID....TALLEY WAS SEEN ON RHODEY SIDELINE.......WHEN RAMS...STOLE ALL OURAH EGGS........................DOODLE-DOO!

caribbeanhen
November 11th, 2018, 10:01 AM
....IN MAH OPINE.......'NOVA NEEDS UH KICKER...&....STRENGTH/CONDITIONIN' EXPERT.......&...JAR UH PILLS..............AWK!

....SOMEONE...SAID....TALLEY WAS SEEN ON RHODEY SIDELINE.......WHEN RAMS...STOLE ALL OURAH EGGS........................DOODLE-DOO!

Mr C, help me out on this one, are you saying that Talley was on the Rhode Island sidelines on opening night? that it just some mean voodoo, might have to cut the head off the neighbors Chicken to excorcist the bad spirits leading into this one, buy you are safe Chicken man...

MR. CHICKEN
November 11th, 2018, 10:06 AM
Mr C, help me out on this one, are you saying that Talley was on the Rhode Island sidelines on opening night? that it just some mean voodoo, might have to cut the head off the neighbors Chicken to excorcist the bad spirits leading into this one, buy you are safe Chicken man...

....TRUE DAT.........CAIN'T 'MEMBER IFIN' GOHENS/AGS......POSTER OFFERED IT UP..........AWK!

.....PROLLY KILLIN' TIME.....TIL......'NOVA/TEMPLE......DAT WEEKEND......BRAWK!

Sitting Bull
November 11th, 2018, 10:36 AM
Call it whatever you like I guess, it's an L for Nova and a well earned win for W&M.

On the Tribe side, our 3rd string QB I thought played a good game overall and the defense looked pretty solid for a young group. They have gelled very well since the Tech and JMU games.

Tribe leads the series now 18-15-1. Next year in Williamsburg finally and a decent crowd. I think we have played three straight now at Villanova.

MR. CHICKEN
November 11th, 2018, 10:49 AM
Call it whatever you like I guess, it's an L for Nova and a well earned win for W&M.

On the Tribe side, our 3rd string QB I thought played a good game overall and the defense looked pretty solid for a young group. They have gelled very well since the Tech and JMU games.

Tribe leads the series now 18-15-1. Next year in Williamsburg finally and a decent crowd. I think we have played three straight now at Villanova.

......GANGTACKLE......CAN PICK UP.......SOME POTTERY......AN'.....PHEASANT POT-PIE........AWK!

Gangtackle11
November 11th, 2018, 01:31 PM
....IN MAH OPINE.......'NOVA NEEDS UH...STRENGTH/CONDITIONIN' EXPERT........JAR UH PILLS.............&.......UH KICKER........AWK!

Makes sense that he may have been there. Rhody HC Jim Fleming was Nova DC in late 90s. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
November 11th, 2018, 01:34 PM

Not disparaging your win. I just know that Nova team isn’t playing like the one that rolled out in the Linc to start the season. The team isn’t short on talent, but they sure seem lost most Saturday’s lately. That’s all I was expressing. xpeacex

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2018, 01:39 PM
Not disparaging your win. I just know that Nova team isn’t playing like the one that rolled out in the Linc to start the season. The team isn’t short on talent, but they sure seem lost most Saturday’s lately. That’s all I was expressing. xpeacex

And neither is Temple. Just like last year we've improved considerably since the start of the year while 'Nova has been stagnant. Bednarczyk literally played the game of his life in that one. He was throwing on the run accurately and making good decision. Easily the best game I ever saw him play. 'Nova hasn't had a truly topshelf QB since Whitney.

Gangtackle11
November 11th, 2018, 01:43 PM

It will be interesting to see what the AD does here. He was brand new @ Nova when the Talley timeline to the sidelines was created. He’s from USC and I‘m sure has more than a few contacts that may want this job. Villanova academic standards makes it hard to take “any” recruit or FBS dropout, but it’s a brand name that is built on academics, networking, & pretty good FCS football. The right guy could & would take the Cats back to where Talley had us all accustomed to in his tenure. Ferrante deserves the chance, but to date his 2 seasons have been filled with lackluster & undisciplined football. Currently 9-12 overall & an embarrassing 4-11 CAA record.

You would think he gets 1 more chance, but changes look like they need to happen with this team. I give them a puncher’s chance beating Delaware. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
November 11th, 2018, 01:47 PM
And neither is Temple. Just like last year we've improved considerably since the start of the year while 'Nova has been stagnant. Bednarczyk literally played the game of his life in that one. He was throwing on the run accurately and making good decision. Easily the best game I ever saw him play. 'Nova hasn't had a truly topshelf QB since Whitney.

WOULD U LIKE TO RE-THINK THIS RIDICULOUS STATEMENT. xnodx

Does the Jerry Rice & Walter Payton award winning QB not qualify as top shelf?

A guy named John Robertson is the answer if u can’t remember back to 2011-15.

Hard to take your posts serious. xpeacex

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2018, 01:57 PM
WOULD U LIKE TO RE-THINK THIS RIDICULOUS STATEMENT. xnodx

Does the Jerry Rice & Walter Payton award winning QB not qualify as top shelf?

A guy named John Robertson is the answer if u can’t remember back to 2011-15.

Hard to take your posts serious. xpeacex

Not a ridiculous statement at all. Whitney was tough as hell and made great decisions. He willed that team to the semifinals in 2010! Robertson was pretty good but I wouldn't put him on Whitney, Gordon, Boden level. There's a certain level of intangibles those guys possessed. I can easily remember 'Nova football back to the early 90's, including the 1991 team that I believe reached #1, and at the very least#2.

Gangtackle11
November 11th, 2018, 01:59 PM
Not a ridiculous statement at all. Whitney was tough as hell and made great decisions. He willed that team to the semifinals in 2010! Robertson was pretty good but I wouldn't put him on Whitney, Gordon, Boden level. There's a certain level of intangibles those guys possessed. I can easily remember 'Nova football back to the early 90's, including the 1991 team that I believe reached #1, and at the very least#2.

I go back a lot further, but not to recognize Robertson is ridiculous. I’ll leave it there. xpeacex

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 11th, 2018, 02:08 PM
I go back a lot further, but not to recognize Robertson is ridiculous. I’ll leave it there. xpeacex

Robertson was a helluva a duel threat QB and his awards can't be ignored. Briscoe is a two time Payton Award winner and I wouldn't come close to mentioning him with a the All-Time great FCS/1-AA QB's. Wasn't Robertson also hurt for the 2014 playoffs? Not his fault obviously but it was a crappy way to end the year. I just don't have a signature Robertson moment in my mind. I can still picture Gordon's insane game against McNeese State in the '02 semifinals.

DFW HOYA
November 11th, 2018, 02:14 PM
When you look at the football facilities Villanova has, the fact the program plays in the shadows of its basketball program to a degree arguably unmatched by ANY Division I (DI-A or DI-AA) football team in the country, AND the fact Villanova plays in a pro sports-dominated market ...

Really?

Gangtackle11
November 11th, 2018, 04:10 PM
Robertson was a helluva a duel threat QB and his awards can't be ignored. Briscoe is a two time Payton Award winner and I wouldn't come close to mentioning him with a the All-Time great FCS/1-AA QB's. Wasn't Robertson also hurt for the 2014 playoffs? Not his fault obviously but it was a crappy way to end the year. I just don't have a signature Robertson moment in my mind. I can still picture Gordon's insane game against McNeese State in the '02 semifinals.

The playoff legacy is true. Beat Liberty in ‘14, but sustained a concussion that kept him out in SHSU loss the next Saturday. Lost at Stony Brook in ‘12. xpeacex

cx500d
November 11th, 2018, 04:43 PM
ROCCO .... HOPIN’ ...FER ... HURRICANE ...TA ... CANSILL....BRAWK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
November 11th, 2018, 08:48 PM
ROCCO .... HOPIN’ ...FER ... HURRICANE ...TA ... CANSILL....BRAWK

looks like we got a Rich Chicken Little in here....

CHIP72
November 11th, 2018, 10:43 PM
Really?

I thought you said Georgetown does not compete in football. xsmiley_wix

Besides, Georgetown hasn't been all that competitive in basketball the last few years either, unless you want to talk about the most highlight dunks against them in an NCAA Tournament game. :)

Ivytalk
November 12th, 2018, 06:59 AM
Mr. Chicken, are you bringin’ Miss Prissy or Henrietta this year, you ol’ two-timin’ Lothario?

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2018, 07:13 AM
Mr. Chicken, are you bringin’ Miss Prissy or Henrietta this year, you ol’ two-timin’ Lothario?

Just in case some of youse are not Ivy league material, I googled it ...... it must be the accent Mr chicken.....

Lothario is a male given name which came to suggest an unscrupulous seducer of women .....

MR. CHICKEN
November 12th, 2018, 07:23 AM
Just in case some of youse are not Ivy league material, I googled it ...... it must be the accent Mr chicken.....

Lothario is a male given name which came to suggest an unscrupulous seducer of women .....

.................http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29470&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29471&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29472&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29473&stc=1..........BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 12th, 2018, 07:38 AM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29474&stc=1.......OWN-LAH IVY....IN NEW-ARK.......IS POISON.......YER LOFTY ED.......WASTED ON......DUH BIG BIRD......RAISED IN DUH DREGS.......COCK-HOUND........HOW I'D PUT IT........AWK!

bluehenbillk
November 12th, 2018, 08:26 AM
Not the scenario I & probably many UD fans wanted but it is what it is. Delaware is the better team but Daddy has dominated the series of late and last year took it to UD on the Main Line in a mirror image game of this week. Hens offense is sputtering badly right now, don't know if the QB is 100% & the line hasn't protected him well the last 2 games.

Ivytalk
November 12th, 2018, 11:22 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29474&stc=1.......OWN-LAH IVY....IN NEW-ARK.......IS POISON.......YER LOFTY ED.......WASTED ON......DUH BIG BIRD......RAISED IN DUH DREGS.......COCK-HOUND........HOW I'D PUT IT........AWK!
Will you be sportin’ a raccoon coat? Yowzah!

- - - Updated - - -

Will you be sportin’ a raccoon coat? Yowzah!

aust42
November 12th, 2018, 11:54 AM
It will be interesting to see what kind of crowd shows up at Tubby Raymond Field. It's basically a playoff game so I would hope it's near capacity but the past few years attendance has been very disappointing.

vutomcat
November 12th, 2018, 02:13 PM

I was a huge Whitney fan, and if he doesn't get hurt they may have won two championships. Wow could he hit, his crack back blocks were something you only see from tight ends or fullbacks --- BUT

John Robertson was the best QB I ever saw at Nova - period. While he didn't have the strongest arm, all of the other attributes you could wish for in a QB, he embodied. Leadership, guts, accuracy, speed, elusiveness and he was like a pinball when he got hit bouncing all over and never going down. AND, when the game was close, they won. Would have loved to seen him go out to NDSU and play against the Bison the year of his concussion.

Just needed to respond to this one.

Derby City Duke
November 12th, 2018, 02:20 PM
As far as the Talley/Ferrante dynamic: you never want to be the guy who follows THE guy (See: Doug Decinces following Brooks Robinson at 3B for the O's).

You want to be the guy that FOLLOWS the guy who follows THE guy...

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2018, 02:21 PM
Villanova appears to be dead on arrival coming to New-ark. A listless effort yesterday against W&M proved that the Richmond win was nothing more than a dead cat bounce.

This game has much of the same ramifications for Delaware as last season’s game although at 7-3 they look to have secured a playoff spot. Can they put away the clawless Cats this Saturday or will the Blue Chicks lay another egg against the basketball school?

Is Mark Ferrante & staff fighting for their coaching spots? 2 sub -.500 seasons may not get Ferrante fired, but the seat is getting a little warm heading into ‘19. A win here will help ease the pain a little bit again.

Nova has won 11 of the last 12 played. Will the dominance continue? xpeacex

GT, As the resident Nova expert on here I ask...... what is ther Readers Digest version on what happened to the season after the Temple game? I had your boys in the top 10 after that showing,.... what went wrong and who got hurt?

Gangtackle11
November 12th, 2018, 04:00 PM
GT, As the resident Nova expert on here I ask...... what is ther Readers Digest version on what happened to the season after the Temple game? I had your boys in the top 10 after that showing,.... what went wrong and who got hurt?

Carrib,

Not sure what all the issues are looking from the outside, but I’ll try to give you & other UD fans some viewpoints:

1. Temple game - I can only think that the Owls didn’t take Nova seriously. They have since moved on from their starting QB, but he was a guy who took over the season before & led them to a bowl game. Nova took away their ground game & exposed their passing game that day.

2. We are 2-0 in the Patriot League - a weak Lehigh team & a really weak Bucknell team were no match as Nova rolled up 31-9 & 49-7 wins.

3. We were the 1st CAA team to see Flacco - Flacco exposed our vanilla defense with his acrobatic antics running & passing the ball.

4. Get up 21-0 at SB. Fumble 2nd half KO & SB is back in it. Lose our QB to boot. Lose 29-27

5. @Maine - battle of the backups. Both offenses were stuck in the mud. Maine kicks a 52 yard FG at the buzzer for a heart-breaking 13-10 loss in Orono.

6. Get shutout 37-0 & 34-0 at home vs. JMU & UNH. Embarrassing efforts & started to hear about team quitting on coaching staff from my friends closer toa the program.

7. Find a more apathetic CAA than the Cats in Richmond. Pick off 5 passes & return 2 to the House. Roll 45-21 for lone CAA win.

8. W&M at home on senior day affirms that Richmond game was a dead cat bouncing. W&M won the turnover margin 4-0 & Nova couldn’t overcome that even though they had a chance to tie innthe final minutes. 24-17 loser.

Key take aways:

1. Key injury to QB. Every team has injuries, but losing Bednarczyk left the Cats toothless vs. Maine, JMU, & UNH. (He played vs. UNH, but not even close to his performance before injury) Also have lost 2 best OL to injury & just recently got all- CAA TE back after missing most of the season.

2. Special teams are bad again. Kicker had 2 FGs all season until kicking 3 at Richmond. That has been a box of chocolates once again. JMU PR Amos was untouched on 2 Punt returns for TDs that broke open that game. Punter is solid & does a nice job on kick offs also.

3. Undisciplined football team. Offense is always getting called for silly drive stalling penalties. Team looks like a fire drill running players in & out. Rarely does this team have time outs when they need them.

4. Defense is ok, but that’s it. Not aggressive. Bend not break mentality. Have young talented d-backs, but have fallen off in the Home losses lately. The 3-man front is too light for CAA play. Blitz packages are picked up easily as it’s vanilla.

Injuries going into Delaware that I’m aware of:

QB is not 100% from where I watch. Played last week.

TE is back. Caught several balls.

I think we are down 1 if not both OT.

Our senior MLB was back against W&M. He missed a couple of games.

Thats about all I have noticed.

Hopefully, the sight of the Blew Chicks will bring the last ounce of effort from this team, but as much as I’d like to see that I’m not so sure.

We have lost tough games early that sent this team spiraling downwards. Be careful though they do have more talent than some CAA fans here think.
xpeacex

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2018, 04:35 PM
outstanding summary GT, just goes to show us that football teams can be tough to forecast

the CAA has been hard to predict this year so nothing will suprise me, especially after last years head scratcher..

I think we are in for another close thriller type of a game and it will not be a pretty one

but the Hens have had some good fortune at home this year, beating Towson and Elon

Talley is gone, Rocco is here, if it was ever time for a Hens win it would have to be this year

Gangtackle11
November 12th, 2018, 04:51 PM
outstanding summary GT, just goes to show us that football teams can be tough to forecast

the CAA has been hard to predict this year so nothing will suprise me, especially after last years head scratcher..

I think we are in for another close thriller type of a game and it will not be a pretty one

but the Hens have had some good fortune at home this year, beating Towson and Elon

Talley is gone, Rocco is here, if it was ever time for a Hens win it would have to be this year

All signs point to Delaware victory, but given the accounts I’ve read about your offensive struggles it probably will be a hard fought game unless our team has been out on Wall Street interviews this week. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
November 12th, 2018, 06:01 PM
Opening Line:

Delaware - 10 (37.5 total)

caribbeanhen
November 13th, 2018, 04:29 PM
All signs point to Delaware victory, but given the accounts I’ve read about your offensive struggles it probably will be a hard fought game unless our team has been out on Wall Street interviews this week. xpeacex

now we are getting somewhere GT, If one of your polished prepsters cold calls me you can bet he's going to wonder about his future on Wall St after Im done with him.....

CHIP72
November 13th, 2018, 04:35 PM
As far as the Talley/Ferrante dynamic: you never want to be the guy who follows THE guy (See: Doug Decinces following Brooks Robinson at 3B for the O's).

You want to be the guy that FOLLOWS the guy who follows THE guy...

Unless your name is James Franklin.

Gangtackle11
November 14th, 2018, 10:24 AM
My peeps tell me that Nova will be healthy with the exception of their starting OT. Team is excited to play their rival on Saturday.

Its been awhile since this team has put in a solid performance sans Richmond, but like I’ve written before that the sight of those Blew Chicks will have their juices flowing.

I’m looking forward to see this game. Nova will give Delaware fits if they are the team that started out in the Linc vs. Temple.

Big if. xpeacex

bluehenbillk
November 14th, 2018, 12:45 PM
I'm getting less confident every day as the week progresses. UD's offense does not look good at all right now. If UD is going to win I think their defense & special teams will have to make significant plays and carry more than their share to victory Saturday.

caribbeanhen
November 14th, 2018, 02:05 PM
I'm getting less confident every day as the week progresses. UD's offense does not look good at all right now. If UD is going to win I think their defense & special teams will have to make significant plays and carry more than their share to victory Saturday.

I 100% agree with all that, Hens should have Adderley returning Punts and KO's just for that reason, we might need a pick 6 from him as well...... on a positive note, Kehoe has played better and put up some good numbers at home, ..... All Hen fans are aware that Nova is a much better team than that sad record indicates especially with the krafty Lefty QB Healthy

MR. CHICKEN
November 14th, 2018, 02:39 PM
....DUH SCRAGGLAH 'CATS....ALWAYS CATCH US.....IN UH SNEAKY TRICK PLAY O' TWO..........OWN-LAH PLUS........DEY'RE TOE......DIDN'T MAKE TOO MANY FG'S....(5-6-7)....DIS YEAR.......BUT HAD 3 AGIN ARACHNIDS....&...EVEN DEN....HE CHOKED ON ONE..............HENS....MAY NEED SOME TRICKERATION....TOO!........AGREED....ADDERLEY.... NEEDS TA STEAL....FROM BEDNARCZYK....AN' HIS RUSTY RIFLE..........&.....TURN DUH REEDER POOCH LOOSE...........DUH MISERY VALLEY BOYZ....HAVE BEEN AWFUL QUIET......WHIFF DUH CHANCE O'....SIX-PACK...UH...CAA [email protected] DANCE.......BRAWK!

Gangtackle11
November 14th, 2018, 03:45 PM

Nah. The Tub & the Kardashians of DE give the Dirty Filthy Birds an air of confidence that will be tough to beat. xpeacex

- - - Updated - - -

Derby City Duke
November 14th, 2018, 08:46 PM
The power of the pee wall is difficult to overcome...but go 'Nova!

Ivytalk
November 14th, 2018, 10:36 PM
Nah. The Tub & the Kardashians of DE give the Dirty Filthy Birds an air of confidence that will be tough to beat. xpeacex

- - - Updated - - -
Kardashians? Where?xdontknowx

CHIP72
November 15th, 2018, 07:56 AM
The power of the pee wall is difficult to overcome...but go 'Nova!

That's a sexist comment. ;)

bluehenbillk
November 15th, 2018, 08:04 AM
First one to 14 wins.

Gangtackle11
November 15th, 2018, 04:25 PM
I’m interested to see if Nova comes to play or folds up the tent. The latter may have serious implications for the staff. xpeacex

cx500d
November 15th, 2018, 08:30 PM
Its gonna be brutal....Delaware is the horse:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-21-2015/2g-7OB.gif

caribbeanhen
November 16th, 2018, 07:25 AM
I’m interested to see if Nova comes to play or folds up the tent. The latter may have serious implications for the staff. xpeacex

Nova will be coming to play GT, Stop teasing will ya

Gangtackle11
November 16th, 2018, 08:01 AM
Nova will be coming to play GT, Stop teasing will ya

I hope you are right. I’ve watched them every week & sometimes it’s been hard to say they have. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
November 16th, 2018, 09:00 AM
See you tomorrow!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/novafootball/status/1063433778071248896

Gangtackle11
November 16th, 2018, 08:48 PM
https://vimeo.com/301308766

MacThor
November 17th, 2018, 12:19 PM
First one to 14 wins.

I guess you lose.

MacThor
November 17th, 2018, 12:29 PM
Wow - Villanova just gave Delaware new life with that running into the punter.

CHIP72
November 17th, 2018, 05:57 PM
If the Mark Ferrante-led Villanova teams could just schedule their two biggest rivals every week (Delaware and Temple), they'd be in great shape. (Shakes head in amazement.)

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 17th, 2018, 06:05 PM
I know the recent history between these two but this results shocked me! Congrats 'Nova!

If the Hens some how make the playoffs I hope they find their way to Hamilton NY in a couple of weeks.....

Gangtackle11
November 17th, 2018, 07:01 PM
If the Mark Ferrante-led Villanova teams could just schedule their two biggest rivals every week (Delaware and Temple), they'd be in great shape. (Shakes head in amazement.)

Yes. The rest of the season has been a crap sandwich for sure. I feel that this Nova team blew what could have been a special one. Good luck to all CAA teams in playoffs. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
November 17th, 2018, 07:50 PM
Yes. The rest of the season has been a crap sandwich for sure. I feel that this Nova team blew what could have been a special one. Good luck to all CAA teams in playoffs. xpeacex

thanks GT, I wish I could say I was suprsied by the outcome today but Im not.......this is a curse at this point, Your Boys looked like the playoff team today but Its looking like the Hens are going to be in

BisonBacker
November 17th, 2018, 10:08 PM
What is it with Delaware when they play Villanova? It's like Nova has the Delawares kyrptonite.

MR. CHICKEN
November 17th, 2018, 11:50 PM
......GANGTACKLE.......CONGRATS.......HENS LAID EGGS....'CAUSE......'CAT'S...PLAYED GREAT.......DIS WAS DUH 'NOVA....EVER-ONE EXPECTED.....PRE-SEASON.........BRAWK!

Go...gate
November 18th, 2018, 02:45 AM
I know the recent history between these two but this results shocked me! Congrats 'Nova!

If the Hens some how make the playoffs I hope they find their way to Hamilton NY in a couple of weeks.....

That would be a fun match-up.

Gangtackle11
November 18th, 2018, 06:20 AM
......GANGTACKLE.......CONGRATS.......HENS LAID EGGS....'CAUSE......'CAT'S...PLAYED GREAT.......DIS WAS DUH 'NOVA....EVER-ONE EXPECTED.....PRE-SEASON.........BRAWK!

THANKS MR. CHICKEN. NOVA SCREWED UP THIS SEASON. THEY HAD PLAYOFF TALENT WHEN THEY PLAYED MOTIVATED FOOTBALL. GL TODAY WITH THE SELECTION COMMITTEE. xpeacex

Ivytalk
November 18th, 2018, 06:24 AM
Dr. Phil should do a show with UD football players, Nova players, and a psychiatrist.

“They’re in our heads, Dr. Phil! Every freakin’ year!”

CHIP72
November 18th, 2018, 06:36 AM
THANKS MR. CHICKEN. NOVA SCREWED UP THIS SEASON. THEY HAD PLAYOFF TALENT WHEN THEY PLAYED MOTIVATED FOOTBALL. GL TODAY WITH THE SELECTION COMMITTEE. xpeacex

You have too many spelled out words there Gangtackle. ;) xlolx

Gangtackle11
November 18th, 2018, 06:57 AM
BTW.....#9 Kardashian had 4 tackles. 14 in 3 games vs. Nova.

I’m sure he’s as great as all you Blew Chick fans say, but I’ve yet to see anything that says he is special. #4 is the better Kardashian. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
November 18th, 2018, 07:18 AM
BTW.....#9 Kardashian had 4 tackles. 14 in 3 games vs. Nova.

I’m sure he’s as great as all you Blew Chick fans say, but I’ve yet to see anything that says he is special. #4 is the better Kardashian. xpeacex

#4 was playing hurt this year but he looked like he was feeling better yesterday, I might be able to arrange an autograph or a seflie with Colby if you want one GT.... xsmiley_wix

Gangtackle11
November 18th, 2018, 07:27 AM
#4 was playing hurt this year but he looked like he was feeling better yesterday, I might be able to arrange an autograph or a seflie with Colby if you want one GT....

Ill walk the Kardashian dog or pass.....xpeacex

Gangtackle11
November 18th, 2018, 10:10 AM
7 straight over Delaware. 12 of 13 since the game was named The Battle of the Blue.

Thank you seniors for your commitment to Nova football. Some ups & downs, but you never lost to Delaware!

Here is the final recap:

https://villanova.com/news/2018/11/17/football-tallies-seventh-straight-win-over-delaware.aspx

cx500d
November 18th, 2018, 03:04 PM
Its gonna be brutal....Delaware is the horse:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-21-2015/2g-7OB.gif

I hate being right all the time