PDA

View Full Version : 2018 SLC Pick'em: Weel 12

BEAR
November 10th, 2018, 10:28 PM
Games for this week: First two games are on Thursday Nov. 15. Last three are on Saturday Nov. 17

SLU at Nicholls
NWST at SFA
SHSU at HBU
UCA at ACU
Lamar at McNeese

Standings for the playoffs:

Nicholls 6-2, 7-3
IUW 6-2, 6-4

Incarnate Word has no game this week. Nicholls has to win an additional game just to keep a share of the conference title that IUW doesn't. That bugs the crap out of many fans. Nicholls has to do something more that IUW doesn't. That's not a fair playing field. The SLC continues to be run like a keystone cop organization.

My picks:
Nicholls
NWST
SHSU
ACU
Lamar

Hood
November 11th, 2018, 02:37 AM
You know, it sucks, "it is what it is" kind of situation, but that's how it goes right now. We can hoot and holler all we want about the current alignment and why it led to this situation, but I don't see wasting that energy right now when we got a football game to win.

The River Bell Classic has a special little place in my heart and I always look forward to it. If playing one more game means getting to play SELU and the right for the trophy, so be it.

bonarae
November 11th, 2018, 02:40 AM
Nicholls
NWST
SHSU
ACU
Lamar

TennBison
November 11th, 2018, 03:57 AM
My how the mighty have fallen. I would love to see the faces of those SHSU fans right now.

McCowboys
November 11th, 2018, 06:20 AM
My how the mighty have fallen. I would love to see the faces of those SHSU fans right now.

I have no love lost for the Bearkats, but this is not very classy of you to come to this thread and post this. I've never had any problems with Bison fans, but one day (maybe) when they slip, maybe I will come by and kick dirt on them when they are down.

TennBison
November 11th, 2018, 06:46 AM
I have no love lost for the Bearkats, but this is not very classy of you to come to this thread and post this. I've never had any problems with Bison fans, but one day (maybe) when they slip, maybe I will come by and kick dirt on them when they are down.
Oh, it is very classy. And if those SHSU fans can't take the heat, they can just leave. Especially those of them who always smack talked how they were going to steamroll teams in years past. They are getting beat by teams that they use to mock, they deserve what they are getting now.

McCowboys
November 11th, 2018, 06:59 AM
Oh, it is very classy. And if those SHSU fans can't take the heat, they can just leave. Especially those of them who always smack talked how they were going to steamroll teams in years past. They are getting beat by teams that they use to mock, they deserve what they are getting now.

Maybe you should rise above. Doing something you are criticizing their fans for is not classy no matter what you say.

Catatonic
November 11th, 2018, 07:19 AM
All these move ups and start ups have hurt the power rating of the SLC, they said. They need to get better and then we will get more teams in the playoffs, they said.

McNeese72
November 11th, 2018, 08:21 AM
SLU at Nicholls: NIcholls is just too strong for SLU and it is at home on senior night
NWST at SFA: If the Demons big WR's continue to push off like on the 2 point conversion without getting penalized, there is no way SFA will win.
SHSU at HBU: I think Sam is still too strong for HBU but who knows anymore.
UCA at ACU: All the Bear fans have gone hunting and the Bears are ready to hibernate.
Lamar at McNeese: Lamar is hot, McNeese is not and I expect a big letdown after this Saturday's lost. I hope they let a lot of young guys play.

Doc

Catatonic
November 11th, 2018, 08:26 AM
U
SLU at Nicholls: NIcholls is just too strong for SLU and it is at home on senior night
NWST at SFA: If the Demons big WR's continue to push off like on the 2 point conversion without getting penalized, there is no way SFA will win.
SHSU at HBU: I think Sam is still too strong for HBU but who knows anymore.
UCA at ACU: All the Bear fans have gone hunting and the Bears are ready to hibernate.
Lamar at McNeese: Lamar is hot, McNeese is not and I expect a big letdown after this Saturday's lost. I hope they let a lot of young guys play.

Doc

RE NWST, they certainly pushed off against our DB’s throughout the game.

TennBison
November 11th, 2018, 09:18 AM
Maybe you should rise above. Doing something you are criticizing their fans for is not classy no matter what you say.
Nope, I believe in an eye for an eye. And I am not doing the same thing those SHSU fans use to do.

Outsider1
November 11th, 2018, 10:29 AM
All these move ups and start ups have hurt the power rating of the SLC, they said. They need to get better and then we will get more teams in the playoffs, they said.

Exactly, the SLC actually gets better, gets deeper, and just the opposite. Yes some of the kings have slipped a little, but the rest of the conference has risen. Does reward only come when a couple of teams dominate a conference and everyone else sucks???

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, I believe in an eye for an eye. And I am not doing the same thing those SHSU fans use to do.

Go back to your hole.

katss07
November 11th, 2018, 11:22 AM
That’s fine, if you feel the need to take some time and come over to an SLC thread to bother us so be it. If this is something you’ve been waiting to do, I’m happy that you finally got to do it. Obviously I’m disappointed with how SHSU has played of late but I’m confident we’ll be back and proud to be a fan. I’ll still be here.

I don’t think this was very classy of you though. I certainly wouldn’t come kick dirt on the Bison fans if they were down because they’ve come off as a classy bunch. Maybe you’re the outlier?

Best of luck to your team in the playoffs.

Wildcat1997
November 11th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Nicholls
SFA
SHSU
ACU
Lamar

TennBison
November 11th, 2018, 01:56 PM
That’s fine, if you feel the need to take some time and come over to an SLC thread to bother us so be it. If this is something you’ve been waiting to do, I’m happy that you finally got to do it. Obviously I’m disappointed with how SHSU has played of late but I’m confident we’ll be back and proud to be a fan. I’ll still be here.

I don’t think this was very classy of you though. I certainly wouldn’t come kick dirt on the Bison fans if they were down because they’ve come off as a classy bunch. Maybe you’re the outlier?

Best of luck to your team in the playoffs.
Maybe I am, or maybe I am one of the guys who is willing to speak his mind and dish back out what those SHSU fans have tried to sell for the last 8 years. You will notice that those SHSU fans who loved to talk trash 24/7 in the past all the sudden can't be found now that the team is struggling. I am not trashing your team, I am trashing those smack talkers that now all the sudden can't be found.

Daytripper
November 11th, 2018, 05:19 PM

You are full of ****. Every fan base has their douchebags (Like TennBison) but dropping in on threads that have nothing to do with you simply to troll is weak. Especially considering that you have a lot to celebrate and boast about in your own threads. Go away.

Daytripper
November 11th, 2018, 05:22 PM
Maybe I am, or maybe I am one of the guys who is willing to speak his mind and dish back out what those SHSU fans have tried to sell for the last 8 years. You will notice that those SHSU fans who loved to talk trash 24/7 in the past all the sudden can't be found now that the team is struggling. I am not trashing your team, I am trashing those smack talkers that now all the sudden can't be found.

I agree that there were some smack talkers. And you think that you are some hero by being the first to call out bad SHSU fans on here? You must have been in a coma the last 8 years. You are no better than they are. Look in the mirror.

Daytripper
November 11th, 2018, 05:30 PM
SLU at Nicholl - Nicholls is one of the two best teams in SLC.
NWST at SFA - Demons are improving. SFA playing out the string.
SHSU at HBU - Bearkats are circling the drain.
UCA at ACU - ACU is on the verge of being top-tier SLC.
Lamar at McNeese - Right now Lamar and Nicholls are the best in SLC.

Outsider1
November 11th, 2018, 07:33 PM
A final wild week for the SLC.....

SLU at Nicholls- Nicholls will finish strong and hopefully represent us well in the playoffs.
NWST at SFA - The Demons finish their run on a high note.
SHSU at HBU - Sammy takes out their frustration on the poor Huskies....
UCA at ACU - Just rootin for our seniors to finish with an exclamation point.
Lamar at McNeese ​I'm pickin ya one last time for the year, get your revenge ;)

McNeese75
November 11th, 2018, 09:45 PM
SLU at Nicholls
NWST at SFA
SHSU at HBU
UCA at ACU
Lamar at McNeese

Katfan
November 12th, 2018, 04:56 PM
It’s been a disaster of a season but not too many teams could compete losing their starting Oline. Oh well it is what it is. We’ll be back soon.

McNeese72
November 13th, 2018, 09:15 AM
It’s been a disaster of a season but not too many teams could compete losing their starting Oline. Oh well it is what it is. We’ll be back soon.

Well, at least, you had an offensive line to start with to lose. ;)

Doc

Hood
November 13th, 2018, 11:00 AM
Do not sleep on SLU in Thibodaux. I'm not saying it's a fool's bet but it'll be closer than you think. The only game on the NSU schedule (besides NWST) that records can be thrown out for.

lionsrking2
November 13th, 2018, 12:09 PM
Do not sleep on SLU in Thibodaux. I'm not saying it's a fool's bet but it'll be closer than you think. The only game on the NSU schedule (besides NWST) that records can be thrown out for.

Looking forward to a fun night in Thibodaux. This is what rivalry games are supposed to be about. xnodx

Daytripper
November 13th, 2018, 12:21 PM
Looking forward to a fun night in Thibodaux. This is what rivalry games are supposed to be about. xnodx

I will just come by for the Gumbo in the parking lot....xnodxxdrunkyx

lionsrking2
November 13th, 2018, 03:04 PM
I will just come by for the Gumbo in the parking lot....xnodxxdrunkyx

You should do that no doubt, but the games are usually worth sticking around for as well. The last three games in this rivalry have literally come down to the final play. We "hate" each other in the friendly kinda way, which makes it fun, win or lose. Just wish we both had playoffs or a championship on the line in this one. xthumbsupx

BEAR
November 13th, 2018, 04:25 PM
You should do that no doubt, but the games are usually worth sticking around for as well. The last three games in this rivalry have literally come down to the final play. We "hate" each other in the friendly kinda way, which makes it fun, win or lose. Just wish we both had playoffs or a championship on the line in this one. xthumbsupx

I'll be watching this one. I know this is big for SLU fans to upset a Nicholls team this year, I'm actually pulling for Nicholls for two reasons: 1- UIW got away with playing only 10 games to win a conference championship and 2- Therefore if Nicholls wins UIW will likely be left out of the playoffs because Nicholls will hold the head to head advantage in getting the Autobid. I actually believe Lamar has played very strong and should get in before UIW. But I'm not on the committee. xlolx

lionsrking2
November 13th, 2018, 04:49 PM
I'll be watching this one. I know this is big for SLU fans to upset a Nicholls team this year, I'm actually pulling for Nicholls for two reasons: 1- UIW got away with playing only 10 games to win a conference championship and 2- Therefore if Nicholls wins UIW will likely be left out of the playoffs because Nicholls will hold the head to head advantage in getting the Autobid. I actually believe Lamar has played very strong and should get in before UIW. But I'm not on the committee. xlolx

I agree with you on Lamar. Obviously I'm biased and want to beat Nicholls, but the best path for the Southland to get two teams in the playoffs is for the Colonels to lose. They are in regardless I think. If Nicholls wins, then Lamar would have the next best chance (assuming they beat McNeese) followed by UIW, then fight it out between McNeese (if they beat Lamar) and ACU (if they beat UCA). I suppose some strange things can happen across the country and the SLC gets favorable help from the committee but I have a hard time seeing three teams in the playoffs this year. And wouldn't be surprised if it's only one.

Catatonic
November 13th, 2018, 05:14 PM

im not sure UIW had much to do with their schedule. That’s more on the gurus in the conference HQ.

you arent on the selection committee but your AD heads the committee and will have seen UIW, Lamarvand ACU in action. He should be able to make a pretty informed call about which team could best represent the conference.

BEAR
November 13th, 2018, 05:48 PM
im not sure UIW had much to do with their schedule. That’s more on the gurus in the conference HQ.

you arent on the selection committee but your AD heads the committee and will have seen UIW, Lamarvand ACU in action. He should be able to make a pretty informed call about which team could best represent the conference.

I know he can't vote for his own team but I don't have faith in him standing up to the SLC when it comes to voting for the best at large team to represent the conference. Teams with the best record aren't necessarily the best choices. UCA is proof of that. xlolx

UCABEARS75
November 13th, 2018, 07:20 PM
I know he can't vote for his own team but I don't have faith in him standing up to the SLC when it comes to voting for the best at large team to represent the conference. Teams with the best record aren't necessarily the best choices. UCA is proof of that. xlolx

???

What the heck or you rambling about?

- - - Updated - - -

Are

bwbear
November 14th, 2018, 01:54 PM
SLU at Nicholls
NWST at SFA
SHSU at HBU
UCA at ACU
Lamar at McNeese

Outsider1
November 14th, 2018, 01:57 PM
How many Bears are going to be coming out to the mesquite trees Saturday?? We hope you bring a bus or two.

BEAR
November 14th, 2018, 02:50 PM
How many Bears are going to be coming out to the mesquite trees Saturday?? We hope you bring a bus or two.

Aside from some of the players parents and a few fans...probably not many. It's this again this weekend:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/5d/91/a7/5d91a76a289ba0f3c9ebf6b8bc4b7d92--hunting-season-quotes-funny-hunting-quotes.jpg

Outsider1
November 14th, 2018, 03:30 PM
Aside from some of the players parents and a few fans...probably not many. It's this again this weekend:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/5d/91/a7/5d91a76a289ba0f3c9ebf6b8bc4b7d92--hunting-season-quotes-funny-hunting-quotes.jpg

Bummer, although understandable, was hoping more could make it.

BEAR
November 14th, 2018, 03:35 PM
Bummer, although understandable, was hoping more could make it.

xlolx Don't take it personally.

UCA home game against Lamar: 10,874 attendance.

Hunting season starts

UCA home game the very next week vs. IUW: 4457 attendance.

It ain't you. xlolx

Outsider1
November 14th, 2018, 03:39 PM
xlolx Don't take it personally.

UCA home game against Lamar: 10,874 attendance.

Hunting season starts

UCA home game the very next week vs. IUW: 4457 attendance.

It ain't you. xlolx

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29493&stc=1

McNeese75
November 14th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Probably have about the same attendance here this Saturday although it may be somewhat more in tune with duck hunting.

SpreadTheWord
November 14th, 2018, 03:45 PM
SLU at Nicholls (Only because I really, really want this to happen)
NWST at SFA
SHSU at HBU
UCA at ACU
Lamar at McNeese

Catatonic
November 14th, 2018, 03:53 PM
SLU at Nicholls.

NWST at SFA

SHSU at HBU

UCA at ACU

Lamar at McNeese

Daytripper
November 14th, 2018, 04:08 PM
SLU at Nicholls (Only because I really, really want this to happen)
NWST at SFA
SHSU at HBU
UCA at ACU
Lamar at McNeese

WELCOME to a UIW Cardinals fan! Stick around.. Most of us here are impressed with the direction of your program. Will be nice to have some insight from a fan.

McNeese75
November 14th, 2018, 04:10 PM
WELCOME to a UIW Cardinals fan! Stick around.. Most of us here are impressed with the direction of your program. Will be nice to have some insight from a fan.

Tell your friends!!!!

SpreadTheWord
November 14th, 2018, 04:21 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome! It's been one heck of a year for the Cardinals here in San Antonio. I know most of us were expecting an improvement over last season but I don't think anybody saw us having they type of success we've had so far...but hey, that's what makes FCS football so great. I look forward to participating from here on out. Good luck to all of your teams this week (especially Southeastern Louisiana)!

McNeese75
November 14th, 2018, 04:23 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome! It's been one heck of a year for the Cardinals here in San Antonio. I know most of us were expecting an improvement over last season but I don't think anybody saw us having they type of success we've had so far...but hey, that's what makes FCS football so great. I look forward to participating from here on out. Good luck to all of your teams this week (especially Southeastern Louisiana)!

Better give that head coach another raise xnodx You won't keep him long.

SpreadTheWord
November 14th, 2018, 04:23 PM
Tell your friends!!!!

Will do! I only wish I had discovered this site earlier in the year than just now. A lot of good stuff on here.

Outsider1
November 14th, 2018, 05:24 PM
Will do! I only wish I had discovered this site earlier in the year than just now. A lot of good stuff on here.

Welcome SpreadTheWord!

Outsider1
November 14th, 2018, 05:25 PM
Probably have about the same attendance here this Saturday although it may be somewhat more in tune with duck hunting.

Just go get the meat in the morning and cook it fresh for the tailgating xdrunkyx

katss07
November 14th, 2018, 05:28 PM
Welcome, SpreadTheWord! Love seeing a UIW fan on here as I thought it would never happen. What a season for your Cardinals. Congrats!

FormerPokeCenter
November 14th, 2018, 05:50 PM

When you wrestle in the mud with a pig, don't be surprised if people can't tell which is which...

SpreadTheWord
November 14th, 2018, 07:56 PM
Welcome SpreadTheWord!

Thank you, Outsider! I look forward to the UIW/ACU rivalry becoming one of the premier rivalries in the FCS in the near future.

SpreadTheWord
November 14th, 2018, 07:59 PM
Welcome, SpreadTheWord! Love seeing a UIW fan on here as I thought it would never happen. What a season for your Cardinals. Congrats!

Thank you, katss! It's definitely been a rough decade for the Cardinals so seeing this university enjoying some success on the field has been tremendous.

Outsider1
November 14th, 2018, 09:05 PM
Thank you, Outsider! I look forward to the UIW/ACU rivalry becoming one of the premier rivalries in the FCS in the near future.

I think there is some great potential there xthumbsupx

McNeese72
November 15th, 2018, 08:58 AM

Question here right now. What will have the highest attendance? The basktball game on Friday night with the opening of the new on campus arena or the football game Saturday. ;)

Doc

Daytripper
November 15th, 2018, 09:08 AM
Now we just need some fans from Lamar, NWST and HBU to show up.

centexguy
November 15th, 2018, 01:28 PM
Now we just need some fans from Lamar, NWST and HBU to show up.

Lamar fan here. Nobody was expecting Coach Shultz to turn the team around and figured he would put up 3 losing seasons and be fired. That's probably not the case anymore since this is a fairly young team. Two things happened IMHO that turned the season around.

First starting QB Colbert got hurt (SMU transfer) which allowed Jordan Hoy (Old Dominion transfer) to take over. The offense runs better under Hoy as he's a better passer than Colbert and he actually passes to the tight end for big plays.

Next the defense finally stepped up at mid season. LU gave up an average of 43 points a game in the first 3 conference games they lost. Now during the 5 game winning streak they are giving up less than 20 a game. After last year Schultz was committed to beefing up the defense and it took a little time to see the results.

Can Lamar make the playoffs? Probably not but it's fun to think about it.

Outsider1
November 15th, 2018, 02:05 PM
Good to see you too centexguy. It has been great seeing your streak take off.

SpreadTheWord
November 15th, 2018, 03:39 PM
Here's an article in today's San Antonio Express-News about UIW and how we got stuck with the 8 game conference schedule this year...

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/college_sports/local_colleges/amp/Incarnate-Word-on-brink-of-FCS-playoff-berth-13393373.php?__twitter_impression=true

BEAR
November 15th, 2018, 03:44 PM
Here's an article in today's San Antonio Express-News about UIW and how we got stuck with the 8 game conference schedule this year...

https://www.expressnews.com/sports/college_sports/local_colleges/amp/Incarnate-Word-on-brink-of-FCS-playoff-berth-13393373.php?__twitter_impression=true

Because of that 8 game conference schedule and only 10 games if Nicholls wins tonight it just may leave UIW out of the playoffs at large. But you've always got an Iowa State paycheck game to look foward to! xlolx

I do like this news though:

The Southland schedule is set for 2019 and 2020, with Houston Baptist set to play the eight-game slate. After that, Burnett said the league will switch to a balanced eight-game schedule for all teams in 2021-22.

SpreadTheWord
November 15th, 2018, 03:49 PM
Because of that 8 game conference schedule and only 10 games if Nicholls wins tonight it just may leave UIW out of the playoffs at large. But you've always got an Iowa State paycheck game to look foward to! xlolx

In hindsight, I think Wickstrom the AD may regret cancelling the game against North Alabama for a payday...but it is what it is and we can only sit back and watch and not worry about things that are out of our control. If we don't qualify for the playoffs, our young guys will still get a couple more weeks of practice and a game against a top quality opponent in Iowa State. Also, that $300,000 paycheck will go a long way towards enhancing the athletic facilities on campus.

BEAR
November 15th, 2018, 04:11 PM
In hindsight, I think Wickstrom the AD may regret cancelling the game against North Alabama for a payday...but it is what it is and we can only sit back and watch and not worry about things that are out of our control. If we don't qualify for the playoffs, our young guys will still get a couple more weeks of practice and a game against a top quality opponent in Iowa State. Also, that $300,000 paycheck will go a long way towards enhancing the athletic facilities on campus.

Yeah. That's the bottom line with the FCS playoff picture in my book. You may get in as an at large. That would be great for your school. But even if the SLC allowed one less game, I'm not sure the FCS committee will. I mean they left off McNeese last year at 9-2. I can't imagine a 6-4 team getting in. That would mean the whole FCS landscape is similar.

Hood
November 16th, 2018, 01:03 AM

Don't take sports advice from me when I've been drinking.

lionsrking2
November 16th, 2018, 01:45 AM
Don't take sports advice from me when I've been drinking.

Congrats Hood. Best of luck in the playoffs.!xthumbsupx

Daytripper
November 16th, 2018, 07:43 AM
Congratulations to Nicholls on their conference championship. Now, go make some noise in the playoffs.

https://geauxcolonels.com/news/2018/11/16/football-colonels-trounce-rival-southeastern-to-earn-southland-title.aspx?fbclid=IwAR2HVkDc4z-B3GXBdtxaQ-4_H3uMvovjBI1B-LeRhNTt21DimFty_5lh3I0

Outsider1
November 16th, 2018, 08:22 AM
Drinking or not, ya'll put together a heck of a game plan and executed it fearlessly. Good luck in the playoffs. I am still hoping both Nicholls and UIW are in and make good runs. Go represent the SLC well!!!

Hood
November 16th, 2018, 11:13 AM
After we beat Kansas in Week 1 I said for good karma I'd hold off talking trash about LSU, their (at the time I started) refusal to play instate FCS, and their "fans that didn't attend the school anyway" that I've been doing since I can remember.

Now the Colonels are conference champs and (little do LSU fans I'm always trolling know this because they're just week to week fans) we play LSU in 2020, I really have to behave.

As far as the rest of the Southland, I'll be happy for any fan base in the SLC that sees their team make it. But I also think the committee might do the chicken *ahem* thing of pairing them off in the opening round again. Hopefully everything shakes out that if we didn't get a bid for a home game, we're not traveling to some tundra.

Daytripper
November 16th, 2018, 11:40 AM
After we beat Kansas in Week 1 I said for good karma I'd hold off talking trash about LSU, their (at the time I started) refusal to play instate FCS, and their "fans that didn't attend the school anyway" that I've been doing since I can remember.

Now the Colonels are conference champs and (little do LSU fans I'm always trolling know this because they're just week to week fans) we play LSU in 2020, I really have to behave.

As far as the rest of the Southland, I'll be happy for any fan base in the SLC that sees their team make it. But I also think the committee might do the chicken *ahem* thing of pairing them off in the opening round again. Hopefully everything shakes out that if we didn't get a bid for a home game, we're not traveling to some tundra.

If you played a conference foe in the regular season, they can't schedule that same game in the first round.

Hood
November 16th, 2018, 03:42 PM
If you played a conference foe in the regular season, they can't schedule that same game in the first round.
Learning has occurred. Thanks Daytripper!

Serpentor
November 17th, 2018, 06:32 PM
Well the Bearkats end their season with a winning record, that's something at least.

Daytripper
November 17th, 2018, 06:36 PM
Well the Bearkats end their season with a winning record, that's something at least.

Yep. And I'm happy for Nicholls. They have been the most consistent Southland team this season. I think Lamar and UIW are on the bubble. One might make it.

BEAR
November 17th, 2018, 06:45 PM
My prediction:

Nicholls AQ- obviously.
Lamar ar large.
UIW collects paycheck from Iowa State

BEAR
November 17th, 2018, 08:48 PM
Heck of a catch by "Toe Tap" Jack Short...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29514&stc=1

McCowboys
November 18th, 2018, 09:16 AM
Congratulations to Nicholls, UIW, and Lamar on great seasons! Congratulations to the Demons for ending the season on a two-game winning streak and claiming Chief Caddo for the second year in a row.
Parity has come to the Southland Conference: http://www.espn.com/college-football/standings/_/view/fcs -- Four teams with 5-4 conference records and two teams with 4-5 conference records. I imagine SFA will have a new coaching staff next season and will improve quickly and be in the mix again before you know it.

Good luck to any and all SLC teams in the playoffs! #SouthlandStrong
Southland Conference

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2447.png&h=20&w=20 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2447/nicholls-colonels)Nicholls Colonels (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2447/nicholls-colonels)

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2916.png&h=20&w=20 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2916/incarnate-word-cardinals)Incarnate Word Cardinals (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2916/incarnate-word-cardinals)

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2320.png&h=20&w=20 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2320/lamar-cardinals)Lamar Cardinals (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2320/lamar-cardinals)

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2377.png&h=20&w=20 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2377/mcneese-cowboys)McNeese Cowboys (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2377/mcneese-cowboys)

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2000.png&h=20&w=20 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2000/abilene-christian-wildcats)Abilene Christian Wildcats (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2000/abilene-christian-wildcats)

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2110.png&h=20&w=20 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2110/central-arkansas-bears)Central Arkansas Bears (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2110/central-arkansas-bears)

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2534.png&h=20&w=20 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2534/sam-houston-state-bearkats)Sam Houston State Bearkats (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2534/sam-houston-state-bearkats)

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2545.png&h=20&w=20 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2545/southeastern-louisiana-lions)Southeastern Louisiana Lions (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2545/southeastern-louisiana-lions)

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2466.png&h=20&w=20 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2466/northwestern-state-demons)Northwestern State Demons (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2466/northwestern-state-demons)

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2617.png&h=20&w=20 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2617/stephen-f-austin-lumberjacks)Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2617/stephen-f-austin-lumberjacks)

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2277.png&h=20&w=20 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2277/houston-baptist-huskies)Houston Baptist Huskies (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2277/houston-baptist-huskies)

CONFERENCE
OVERALL

W-L
PF
PA
W-L
PF
PA
STRK

7-2
8-3
W4

6-2
6-4
W2

6-3
7-4
W6

5-4
6-5
L3

5-4
6-5
L1

5-4
6-5
W1

5-4
6-5
W1

4-5
4-7
L1

4-5
5-6
W2

2-7
2-8
L3

0-9
1-10
L10

Daytripper
November 18th, 2018, 09:34 AM
Congratulations to Nicholls, UIW, and Lamar on great seasons! Congratulations to the Demons for ending the season on a two-game winning streak and claiming Chief Caddo for the second year in a row.
Parity has come to the Southland Conference: http://www.espn.com/college-football/standings/_/view/fcs -- Four teams with 5-4 conference records and two teams with 4-5 conference records. I imagine SFA will have a new coaching staff next season and will improve quickly and be in the mix again before you know it.

Good luck to any and all SLC teams in the playoffs! #SouthlandStrong
Southland Conference

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2447.png&h=20&w=20 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2447/nicholls-colonels)Nicholls Colonels (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2447/nicholls-colonels)

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2916.png&h=20&w=20 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2916/incarnate-word-cardinals)Incarnate Word Cardinals (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2916/incarnate-word-cardinals)

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2320.png&h=20&w=20 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2320/lamar-cardinals)Lamar Cardinals (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2320/lamar-cardinals)

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2377.png&h=20&w=20 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2377/mcneese-cowboys)McNeese Cowboys (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2377/mcneese-cowboys)

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2000.png&h=20&w=20 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2000/abilene-christian-wildcats)Abilene Christian Wildcats (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2000/abilene-christian-wildcats)

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2110.png&h=20&w=20 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2110/central-arkansas-bears)Central Arkansas Bears (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2110/central-arkansas-bears)

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2534.png&h=20&w=20 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2534/sam-houston-state-bearkats)Sam Houston State Bearkats (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2534/sam-houston-state-bearkats)

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2545.png&h=20&w=20 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2545/southeastern-louisiana-lions)Southeastern Louisiana Lions (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2545/southeastern-louisiana-lions)

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2466.png&h=20&w=20 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2466/northwestern-state-demons)Northwestern State Demons (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2466/northwestern-state-demons)

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2617.png&h=20&w=20 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2617/stephen-f-austin-lumberjacks)Stephen F. Austin Lumberjacks (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2617/stephen-f-austin-lumberjacks)

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/teamlogos/ncaa/500/2277.png&h=20&w=20 (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2277/houston-baptist-huskies)Houston Baptist Huskies (http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2277/houston-baptist-huskies)

CONFERENCE
OVERALL

W-L
PF
PA
W-L
PF
PA
STRK

7-2
8-3
W4

6-2
6-4
W2

6-3
7-4
W6

5-4
6-5
L3

5-4
6-5
L1

5-4
6-5
W1

5-4
6-5
W1

4-5
4-7
L1

4-5
5-6
W2

2-7
2-8
L3

0-9
1-10
L10

Good thing for the conference is that it is not nearly as bottom-heavy as it has been in the past. And while we don't have an "elite" team this season, I think the overall strength of the conference in a lot better. Now, we just need our playoff representatives to show well in the upcoming weeks.

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Good thing for the conference is that it is not nearly as bottom-heavy as it has been in the past. And while we don't have an "elite" team this season, I think the overall strength of the conference in a lot better. Now, we just need our playoff representatives to show well in the upcoming weeks.I pray that our teams represent us well this year in the playoffs. We ARE a better conference!

Sent from my BLU_S1 using Tapatalk

McCowboys
November 18th, 2018, 11:03 AM
This is a link to the STATS poll: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?218485-STATS-Week-12-(Selection-Sunday)-Poll&p=2712914#post2712914 Whatever your opinion of this poll is, just consider how many SLC teams received votes. I don't think the AGS poll or this one are giving Nicholls enough credit.

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 11:31 AM
This is a link to the STATS poll: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?218485-STATS-Week-12-(Selection-Sunday)-Poll&p=2712914#post2712914 Whatever your opinion of this poll is, just consider how many SLC teams received votes. I don't think the AGS poll or this one are giving Nicholls enough credit.As good as the AGS polls are they aren't free of bias either. I think Nicholls is strong enough to go deep, but hope I don't get proven wrong. I think UIW can do more than Lamar as well, but they will need their defense to step up if they get the at-large.

McCowboys
November 18th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Three SLC teams made the field, and congratulations to them. However, that only makes the snub of the 9-2 Cowboys last years sting even more, especially with a 6-5 Northern Iowa being selected.

Outsider1
November 18th, 2018, 11:55 AM
Three SLC teams made the field, and congratulations to them. However, that only makes the snub of the 9-2 Cowboys last years sting even more, especially with a 6-5 Northern Iowa being selected.The fact we got 3 is great. I know the snub last year sucks. It really shouldn't have happened.

McNeese75
November 18th, 2018, 09:12 PM
The AGS poll participants will whine and scream that their poll (which I do participate in) is the best, the others are crap and should be ignored. The problem with the AGS poll is the dynasty team conferences generally make up most of the participants and voters. Missouri Valley and CAA now I would assume. Back in the day when it was Georgia Southern and App State dominating their fans were all over the board. That, IMO, is why the selection committee does not and probably will never consider the AGS poll the standard (no matter how good it is).

Best of luck to the Colonels, and both Cardinal teams.

lionsrking2
November 18th, 2018, 09:40 PM
Good thing for the conference is that it is not nearly as bottom-heavy as it has been in the past. And while we don't have an "elite" team this season, I think the overall strength of the conference in a lot better. Now, we just need our playoff representatives to show well in the upcoming weeks.

The Southland is middle heavy right now. Nicholls is the first two loss champion since at least 1995 ... that's as far back as I could find doing a quick search.