11. Richmond (3-7, 1-6 CAA)
12. Albany (2-8, 0-7 CAA)

New Hampshire @ Rhode Island - 12 PM - CAA.tv
#14 Elon @ #10 Maine - 12 PM - WVII; WPME; FOX College Sports
Villanova @ #13 Delaware - 12 PM - NBCS-Philadelphia; SNY; WRDE
Richmond @ William & Mary - 2 PM - YurView on Cox; CAA.tv
#8 James Madison @ #11 Towson - 2 PM - CollegeSportsLive; CBS Digital
#9 Stony Brook @ Albany - 3:30 PM - FOX Sports Go; FOX College Sports; CAA.tv

Maine is guaranteed at least a share of the CAA Championship, and clinches the AQ and outright title with a win
James Madison @ Towson winner will be Co-Champions if Elon wins
Delaware and Stony Brook can also be Co-Champions with a win AND if Elon wins

mainejeff
November 10th, 2018, 10:18 PM
CAA Standings:
1. #13 Maine (7-3, 6-1 CAA)
2. #10 James Madison (7-3, 5-2 CAA)
3. #8 Delaware (7-3, 5-2 CAA)
4. #15 Towson (7-3, 5-2 CAA)
5. #11 Stony Brook (7-3, 5-2 CAA)
6. #7 Elon (6-3, 4-2 CAA)
7. William & Mary (4-5, 3-3 CAA)
8. New Hampshire (4-6, 3-4 CAA)
9. Rhode Island (5-5, 3-4 CAA)
10. Villanova (4-6, 1-6 CAA)
11. Richmond (3-7, 1-6 CAA)
12. Albany (2-8, 0-7 CAA)

New Hampshire @ Rhode Island - 12 PM - CAA.tv
#7 Elon @ #13 Maine - 12 PM - WVII; WPME; FOX College Sports
Villanova @ #8 Delaware - 12 PM - NBCS-Philadelphia; SNY; WRDE
Richmond @ William & Mary - 2 PM - YurView on Cox; CAA.tv
#10 James Madison @ #15 Towson - 2 PM - CollegeSportsLive; CBS Digital
#11 Stony Brook @ Albany - 3:30 PM - FOX Sports Go; FOX College Sports; CAA.tv

Maine is guaranteed at least a share of the CAA Championship, and clinches the AQ and outright title with a win
James Madison @ Towson winner will be Co-Champions if Elon wins
Delaware and Stony Brook can also be Co-Champions with a win AND if Elon wins

Has a 1st place team in the CAA heading into the final week of the season ever had 5 other CAA teams ranked ahead of them? It could happen!

bonarae
November 11th, 2018, 02:39 AM
Rhody
Maine
Delaware
Richmond
JMU
Stony Brook

SBUFAN33
November 11th, 2018, 05:20 AM
New Hampshire
Elon
Delaware
William & Mary
JMU
Stony Brook

ccd494
November 11th, 2018, 07:17 AM
Has a 1st place team in the CAA heading into the final week of the season ever had 5 other CAA teams ranked ahead of them? It could happen!

Would this be an appropriate place for me to say that while I am thrilled with Maine's season thus far and excited for the playoffs, should Maine qualify or be selected:

1. I think Maine is fairly ranked, as the other 3-loss CAA teams have losses only to themselves, FBS teams, and North Dakota State, excepting JMU's loss to an improving UNH and Delaware's season opening 2 point loss at URI. Maine has two losses that don't fit in that category: Yale and W&M. Neither of those losses is awful, per se (I think W&M gets to .500). I don't vote in the AGS pole, but I'd probably rank the CAA teams right now 1. Stony Brook, 2. UD, 3. JMU, 4. Maine, 5. Towson, 6. Elon.

2. On a related note, I think Maine was lucky to dodge UD, SBU and JMU in the league. Not that Maine wouldn't and couldn't win those games, but of the six teams with three losses, Towson plays all 5 other teams, Elon 4, UD 3, JMU 3, Stony Brook 3. Maine only playing two of them is an edge.

3. Maine's play calling still terrifies me. They get weird inside the red zone (particularly inside the 5) instead of just running the ball. They are addicted to punting when between the other team's 30 and 40 (this, in my mind, cost them the W&M game).

Again, having said all that, I am really enjoying the ride this year. I don't think Maine is a top 5 team, I think 10-12 is appropriate, and I think skepticism over the two bad losses (even though one was with a backup QB) is fair. Maine can play with pretty much anyone, but Maine can also play down to pretty much anyone.

Ivytalk
November 11th, 2018, 07:18 AM
URI
Maine
Delaware (the jinx ends)
William and Mary (sends Jimmye into the sunset with a W)
JMU (but a Torson win is possible)
Stony Brook

mainejeff
November 11th, 2018, 08:00 AM
Would this be an appropriate place for me to say that while I am thrilled with Maine's season thus far and excited for the playoffs, should Maine qualify or be selected:

1. I think Maine is fairly ranked, as the other 3-loss CAA teams have losses only to themselves, FBS teams, and North Dakota State, excepting JMU's loss to an improving UNH and Delaware's season opening 2 point loss at URI. Maine has two losses that don't fit in that category: Yale and W&M. Neither of those losses is awful, per se (I think W&M gets to .500). I don't vote in the AGS pole, but I'd probably rank the CAA teams right now 1. Stony Brook, 2. UD, 3. JMU, 4. Maine, 5. Towson, 6. Elon.

2. On a related note, I think Maine was lucky to dodge UD, SBU and JMU in the league. Not that Maine wouldn't and couldn't win those games, but of the six teams with three losses, Towson plays all 5 other teams, Elon 4, UD 3, JMU 3, Stony Brook 3. Maine only playing two of them is an edge.

3. Maine's play calling still terrifies me. They get weird inside the red zone (particularly inside the 5) instead of just running the ball. They are addicted to punting when between the other team's 30 and 40 (this, in my mind, cost them the W&M game).

Again, having said all that, I am really enjoying the ride this year. I don't think Maine is a top 5 team, I think 10-12 is appropriate, and I think skepticism over the two bad losses (even though one was with a backup QB) is fair. Maine can play with pretty much anyone, but Maine can also play down to pretty much anyone.

That's a totally fair assessment although I don't think that Maine should be penalized for what turned into a favorable schedule from the scheduling gods. Before the season we all thought that their schedule was as tough as anyone in the country (7 road games, 2 FBS, UNH to begin the season). We all thought that UNH, Villanova and Elon would be the tough CAA games. URI and Towson surprised and replaced UNH & Nova as the better opponents. Anyway it will all work out....and the committee won't have the biases that permeate this site.

My picks:

UNH 35 URI 21
Maine 35 Elon 17
Delaware 20 Villanova 16
Richmond 23 W&M 18
Towson 45 JMU 42
Stony Brook 28 Albany 7

jmu007
November 11th, 2018, 08:04 AM
New Hampshire - Team is on a mission down the stretch. They'll give AGS plenty of reason to still makes jokes next Sunday morning until the bracket is shown and they aren't in it.

Elon - Because I want a 4th CAA title for JMU. Don't care if it's shared since we don't get to play Maine.

Villanova - I can't go against another year of GT jokes lol.

William & Mary - Jimmye goes out on top. They've really come on strong down the stretch.

James Madison - Homer Simpson

Stony Brook - Seawolves cement their playoff spot.

maine612
November 11th, 2018, 08:40 AM

Good assessment CCD. The play calling at times is mindboggling. There were times yesterday when they should have just run the ball and wound the clock down. That game took about 8 hours mostly because of incomplete passes. Also, you could make the argument that if Ferguson had been healthy all year, we could be a 1-loss team. We would have beat CMU with Ferguson IMO and the entire flow of the Yale game would have been different. That game was close throughout and they scored garbage points at the end. If Ferguson is there and we are moving the ball, its a completely different game. The W&M loss is what it is, but as you said we should have won that game. We are not a top 5 team, but you can imagine a scenario where we are 10-0 or 9-1 without too much trouble. Need Ferguson back this weekend to take care of Elon and earn a bye.

Go Maine!

kdinva
November 11th, 2018, 09:05 AM
New Hampshire 20 @ Rhode Island 28
Elon 17 @ Maine 28
Villanova 17 @ Delaware 31
Richmond 16 @ William & Mary 23 Coach Laycock goes out smiling
James Madison 31 @ Towson 28
Stony Brook 34 @ Albany 14

CenMEBlackBearFan
November 11th, 2018, 10:44 AM
Good assessment CCD. The play calling at times is mindboggling. There were times yesterday when they should have just run the ball and wound the clock down. That game took about 8 hours mostly because of incomplete passes. Also, you could make the argument that if Ferguson had been healthy all year, we could be a 1-loss team. We would have beat CMU with Ferguson IMO and the entire flow of the Yale game would have been different. That game was close throughout and they scored garbage points at the end. If Ferguson is there and we are moving the ball, its a completely different game. The W&M loss is what it is, but as you said we should have won that game. We are not a top 5 team, but you can imagine a scenario where we are 10-0 or 9-1 without too much trouble. Need Ferguson back this weekend to take care of Elon and earn a bye.

Go Maine!

Wow, all Maine fans seem to be in agreement with where our team is at this point. Nice to see MJ come back around and make a fair assessment that JMU should be rated above. Our defense is 2nd to none and the only game they played poorly was the Yale game. Having made the trip to the Bowl I will disagree with you as we we were never in that game. Yale went up two scores and never able to get any closer. It was a poor showing both offensively and defensively, to this day I can't tell you why we performed so poorly but we did nonetheless.
Have no idea if Ferguson can go or not this weekend if he doesn't and needs a week off I feel our defense can keep Elon in check and if Robinson plays like he did against Nova he and the offense can score enough to win this one but it will be close.

KPSUL
November 11th, 2018, 10:58 AM
games.

URI and Towson surprised and replaced UNH & Nova as the better opponents.

My picks:

UNH 35 URI 21

See a bit of a contradiction here ?

mainejeff
November 11th, 2018, 11:14 AM
See a bit of a contradiction here ?

At the time Maine played them.....and in general. Many probably expected UNH to be 8-3 and URI to be 3-8. I don't care either way. Maine beat both of you while Delaware lost to URI and JMU lost to UNH.

Which brings up my frustration.....many say that Maine has only 1 "good" win (Towson) and 2 bad losses (W&M & Yale) yet Delaware (loss to URI) and JMU (loss to UNH) don't have any "bad losses". Shouldn't Maine have 2 more "good wins" (URI and UNH) then???

By the way....it should be noted that W&M is above URI and UNH in the CAA standings.xpeacex

maine612
November 11th, 2018, 11:21 AM
At the time Maine played them.....and in general. Many probably expected UNH to be 8-3 and URI to be 3-8. I don't care either way. Maine beat both of you while Delaware lost to URI and JMU lost to UNH.

Which brings up my frustration.....many say that Maine has only 1 "good" win (Towson) and 2 bad losses (W&M & Yale) yet Delaware (loss to URI) and JMU (loss to UNH) don't have any "bad losses". Shouldn't Maine have 2 more "good wins" (URI and UNH) then???

By the way....it should be noted that W&M is above URI and UNH in the CAA standings.xpeacex

None of this matters. Beat Elon and grab a seed. Win games and advance.

mainejeff
November 11th, 2018, 11:23 AM
None of this matters. Beat Elon and grab a seed. Win games and advance.

Oh I know.....but I am still reading about Maine's "bad loss" to W&M......a team above URI (Delaware loss) and UNH (JMU loss) in the CAA standings.

jmu007
November 11th, 2018, 11:23 AM
Since we're comparing common opponents.... xcoffeex

UNH, Villanova, Richmond, W&M, URI

Considering your previous posts, I'll throw out UNH and W&M as worst loss by each side.

Villanova, Richmond, URI

37-0, 63-10, and 48-31

vs

13-10, 28-9, and 38-36

... Go Elon.

JMUNJ08
November 11th, 2018, 11:37 AM
The common opponents argument is tough for Maine vs. JMU as Maine got to play over 3/4 of the game without Knight in (easily seen now as 98% of the team offense) while JMU got a healthy Knight. Also, Nova was much better when Maine played them while JMU got them without their QB Benardzick and about to stink up the joint for the rest of the season in typical Nova way with 45 on IR.

maine612
November 11th, 2018, 12:40 PM
The common opponents argument is tough for Maine vs. JMU as Maine got to play over 3/4 of the game without Knight in (easily seen now as 98% of the team offense) while JMU got a healthy Knight. Also, Nova was much better when Maine played them while JMU got them without their QB Benardzick and about to stink up the joint for the rest of the season in typical Nova way with 45 on IR.

Maine knocked Knight out. That counts for something.

Gangtackle11
November 11th, 2018, 04:16 PM

Both JMU & Maine missed Nova QB Bednarczyk for the record. He’s a shell of what he was at season’s start. xpeacex

maine612
November 11th, 2018, 04:23 PM
https://caasports.com/news/2018/11/10/caa-football-rewind-nov-10.aspx

Good summary of league action from this weekend. Well, except for Maine and Richmond.

CenMEBlackBearFan
November 11th, 2018, 04:37 PM

Sorry but we totally dominated UNH 35-7 and I don't care if Knight played the whole game or not this is no way UNH was winning that game. Any UNH fan that witnessed that game would agree. UNH did nothing offensively in the first period and the lone TD came in the 4th. UNH had owned Maine previous to that game so we were playing to break that streak plus the death of their freshman player earlier in the month was still so fresh in their minds. I am not sure many FCS teams could have beaten Maine that night.
As far as the Nova game goes that was the battle of the backup QB's as both schools were just starting to figure out how to play with backup QB's.

KPSUL
November 11th, 2018, 04:52 PM
Maine knocked Knight out. That counts for something.

You don't win the conference tie-breaker based on how many QBs you "knock-out". Having said that, I was at the game and it is my humble opinion we weren't winning with or without Trevor Knight. Although he only played two full possessions without getting injured Maine was already dominating the game. I suppose UNH could have turned things around and played closer had Knight not been injured, but winning didn't seem to in the cards for the Wildcats that evening. Maine looked awesome that evening in all facets of the game. It's also a fact that UNH has improved a lot as the season has continued and now seems to be playing very competitive football.

So now that we have established that after 12 weeks could you guys shut up about it ? I'm trying to pull for my fellow Nothern New Englanders for the rest of the season - Act like winners, not want-a-bees.

TribePride52
November 11th, 2018, 05:27 PM
UNH
Maine (only rooting for Maine so WM gets tied for 6th)
Delaware
WM
Towson
Stony brook

GoBlueHens83
November 11th, 2018, 05:30 PM
New Hampshire @ Rhode Island
Elon @ Maine
Villanova @ Delaware
Richmond @ William & Mary
James Madison @ Towson
Stony Brook @ Albany

RootinFerDukes
November 11th, 2018, 05:39 PM
This is supposed to be a pick em thread. Can we please have commentary in the actual commentary thread? Thanks.

kdinva
November 12th, 2018, 08:36 AM
This is supposed to be a pick em thread. Can we please have commentary in the actual commentary thread? Thanks.

xthumbsupx

MR. CHICKEN
November 12th, 2018, 08:41 AM

.......UH...UMM......ROOTY TOOTY.....TAD TESTY............COOD IT BE....DUH DRIVE UP PAST...BALTIMO'......xdontknowx...........BRAWK!

knit35
November 12th, 2018, 08:57 AM
New Hampshire
Elon
Delaware
William & Mary
JMU
Stony Brook

KPSUL
November 12th, 2018, 08:58 AM

It won't happen this week. Maine will likely be 3rd among CAA teams in the Coaches and Stats, and could be 2nd in AGS, but more likely just barely 3rd. If you win vs Elon next weekend you'll end up 1st or 2nd, depending on what happens JMU vs Towson. Towson win = Maine #1; JMU win = JMU #1. I personally think that Maine should have been ranked a little higher most of the season, and if they are not at least the 3rd highest CAA team today, I'd have to agree with you that Maine is getting dissed.

hengeek
November 12th, 2018, 11:24 AM
New Hampshire
Maine
Delaware
William and Mary
Towson
Stony Brook

mainejeff
November 12th, 2018, 11:36 AM
I'm trying to pull for my fellow Nothern New Englanders for the rest of the season - Act like winners, not want-a-bees.

Hard to act like a winner when very few outside of Maine fans treat them like that. Maine fans feel like they've had to defend the team the entire season while other teams are dropping like flies. I sure hope that we play the Top 7 teams in the CAA next season!xrolleyesx

mainejeff
November 12th, 2018, 11:38 AM
It won't happen this week. Maine will likely be 3rd among CAA teams in the Coaches and Stats, and could be 2nd in AGS, but more likely just barely 3rd. If you win vs Elon next weekend you'll end up 1st or 2nd, depending on what happens JMU vs Towson. Towson win = Maine #1; JMU win = JMU #1. I personally think that Maine should have been ranked a little higher most of the season, and if they are not at least the 3rd highest CAA team today, I'd have to agree with you that Maine is getting dissed.

Maine is the 6th ranked CAA team in the Coaches Poll this week.

paward
November 12th, 2018, 01:03 PM
RI
Maine
Deleware
Spiders
Towson
Stony Brook

KPSUL
November 12th, 2018, 07:43 PM
Maine is the 6th ranked CAA team in the Coaches Poll this week.

So as I conceded, Maine is getting dissed by Coaches and also Stats ! xbowx However, I did predict the AGS poll results right on the money ! xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2018, 08:05 PM
Rhode Island
Maine
Delaware
William & Mary
Towson
Albany

bluehenbillk
November 13th, 2018, 08:26 AM
URI
Elon
UD
W&M
Towson
Stony

Little Stevie
November 14th, 2018, 06:30 PM
This is a huge game for Rhody

caribbeanhen
November 14th, 2018, 07:04 PM
This is a huge game for Rhody

how bad do they want to be over .500? besides Rhode would have a beef if a 6-5 Valley team got in ahead of them right....

melloware13
November 14th, 2018, 10:08 PM
- Both teams playing for pride, Wildcats continue roll over Rams and wonder where's their playoff invite
#14 Elon @ #10 Maine
- Not sure how many Phoenix have had to play in a field surrounded by snow, Black Bears thrive in conditions
Villanova @ #13 Delaware
- Hens have had this game circled since last year's Wildcat win allowed Marty to put his cats in the playoffs
- Tribe have pride on the line to end Laycock's career on a positive note, Spiders seem to have packed it in for the past month
#8 James Madison @ #11 Towson
- Tigers get home win to feel comfortable, leaving Dukes sweating out Saturday night
#9 Stony Brook @ Albany
- Can the Seawolves get a seed with enough style points here, Great Danes don't want to find out

melloware13
November 14th, 2018, 10:17 PM
Massey Predictions:
New Hampshire 24 @ Rhode Island 27
#14 Elon 17 @ #10 Maine 20
Villanova 13 @ #13 Delaware 23
Richmond 24 @ William & Mary 30
#8 James Madison 35 @ #11 Towson 34
#9 Stony Brook 31 @ Albany 10

melloware13
November 14th, 2018, 10:21 PM
Opening Point Spreads:
New Hampshire @ Rhode Island (-4) - O/U: 54 (URI 29, UNH 25)
#14 Elon @ #10 Maine (-7.5) - O/U: 41 (MAINE 24.25, ELON 16.75)
Villanova @ #13 Delaware (-10) - O/U: 37.5 (DEL 23.75, NOVA 13.75)
Richmond @ William & Mary (-7.5) - O/U: 54 (W&M 30.75, RICH 23.25)
#8 James Madison (-3) @ #11 Towson - O/U: 66.5 (JMU 34.75, TOW 31.75)
#9 Stony Brook (-18.5) @ Albany - O/U: 44.5 (SBU 31.5, ALB 13)

Gangtackle11
November 15th, 2018, 06:02 AM
UNH 17 @ Rhode Island 20
Elon 17 @ Maine 20
Villanova 20 @ Delaware 17
Richmond 17 @ W&M 20
JMU 17 @ Towson 20
Stony Brook 20 @ Albany 17

Last Week: 5-1 (Damn Nova) Season: 53-17

UNHWildcat18
November 15th, 2018, 06:32 AM
UNH
Maine
UD
W&M
Towson
SBU

MR. CHICKEN
November 15th, 2018, 07:08 AM
UNH 17 @ Rhode Island 20
Elon 17 @ Maine 20
Villanova 20 @ Delaware 17
Richmond 17 @ W&M 20
JMU 17 @ Towson 20
Stony Brook 20 @ Albany 17

Last Week: 5-1 (Damn Nova) Season: 53-17

.....20-17........FG SATURDAY.......HOPE ALL DUH KICKERS......BEEN PRACTICIN'..............AH KNOWS.....YERS.......AIN'T................BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 15th, 2018, 07:20 AM

.......DEN PICK...ROOTIE........PICK..........BROCCO!

....ps......THANKY FO' DUH COMMENTARY...DOUGH.......AWK!

Gangtackle11
November 15th, 2018, 08:09 AM
.....20-17........FG SATURDAY.......HOPE ALL DUH KICKERS......BEEN PRACTICIN'..............AH KNOWS.....YERS.......AIN'T................BRAWK!

Missed XP there Mr. Chicken.

SUPharmacist
November 15th, 2018, 10:33 AM
New Hampshire
Maine
Delaware
Richmond
Towson
Stony Brook

Sitting Bull
November 15th, 2018, 04:02 PM
Week 12 Picks!

Last Week: 6-0!!

URI 28, UNH 15
Rams close a solid season, finally knocking the Wildcats out of playoff consideration.

Elon 14, Maine 10
Nice season for the Bears - though fall short of a sole CAA crown.

Delaware 34, Villanova 21
Hens rebound from Stony Brook and plan for playoffs. Nova struggling to rebound in general, football and basketball, and plan for next year.

Tribe 42, UR 6
Tribe rolls. Laycock gets so bored in 2nd Half, he falls down asleep on sidelines. Game is stopped before a hushed crowd as players use smelling salts to wake him back up. W&M players douse huge barrel of Geritol on Jimmye just as the clock ticks off win 250 and he leaves waving to no one in general, jogging to wrong locker room.

Dukes 35, Towson 31
Flacco a marked man in this one. Following a big 1st Half, Dukes unload on Flacco in 2nd Half and mount comeback for win. Flacco sobs on sidelines as streamers bounce off his head.

UAlbany 35, Stony Brook 20
Seawolves forget this is an in-State rivalry and UAlbany really not that bad. Testaverde shreds SBU secondary.

Seriously, a fun season and what a mess trying to figure out who should be in the FCS playoffs. Special thanks and best wishes to Flacco, my favorite surprise player in 2018, and to Coach Laycock. He will be missed more than most at W&M think.

CenMEBlackBearFan
November 16th, 2018, 06:59 AM
Week 12 Picks!

Last Week: 6-0!!

URI 28, UNH 15
Rams close a solid season, finally knocking the Wildcats out of playoff consideration.

Elon 14, Maine 10
Nice season for the Bears - though fall short of a sole CAA crown.

Delaware 34, Villanova 21
Hens rebound from Stony Brook and plan for playoffs. Nova struggling to rebound in general, football and basketball, and plan for next year.

Tribe 42, UR 6
Tribe rolls. Laycock gets so bored in 2nd Half, he falls down asleep on sidelines. Game is stopped before a hushed crowd as players use smelling salts to wake him back up. W&M players douse huge barrel of Geritol on Jimmye just as the clock ticks off win 250 and he leaves waving to no one in general, jogging to wrong locker room.

Dukes 35, Towson 31
Flacco a marked man in this one. Following a big 1st Half, Dukes unload on Flacco in 2nd Half and mount comeback for win. Flacco sobs on sidelines as streamers bounce off his head.

UAlbany 35, Stony Brook 20
Seawolves forget this is an in-State rivalry and UAlbany really not that bad. Testaverde shreds SBU secondary.

Seriously, a fun season and what a mess trying to figure out who should be in the FCS playoffs. Special thanks and best wishes to Flacco, my favorite surprise player in 2018, and to Coach Laycock. He will be missed more than most at W&M think.

If u had picked Maine in the tough games you might be at the top of the leader boardxnodx

UNH
MAINE
DELAWARE
W&M
JMU
SBU

RootinFerDukes
November 16th, 2018, 08:28 AM
Man, everyone is on team Towson this year. The new CAA darling. What ever happened to B'ing and M'ing about Transfers in FCS? I guess the critics are silenced when they win and dominate.

RootinFerDukes
November 16th, 2018, 08:35 AM
New Hampshire @ Rhode Island - URI may have the better year on paper, but two teams heading in opposite directions and that momentum favors UNH.
#14 Elon @ #10 Maine - Elon could win, but it's "i'll believe it when I see it".
Villanova @ #13 Delaware - Will the dirty birds finally get by Nova? Gangtackle, who you got?
#8 James Madison @ #11 Towson - Disregard my previous post. I have to not be a homer and admit that Flacco is likely going to have his way with our defensive backfield. I hope I'm wrong and we can force some Towson mistakes. Also not convinced our offense is "back" to the level they need to be. It was only Rhode Island. If JMU is to win, our defense needs to step up big. Our Offense is only going to score so much.
#9 Stony Brook @ Albany

CenMEBlackBearFan
November 16th, 2018, 08:39 AM
Man, everyone is on team Towson this year. The new CAA darling. What ever happened to B'ing and M'ing about Transfers in FCS? I guess the critics are silenced when they win and dominate.

I thought JMU had the upper had the upper hand on transfers, and your guys are FBS transfers. Maine gets one or two a year and they are community college transfersxembarrassedx But we usually get guys who have a chip on their shoulder for getting overlooked by schools like yours so maybe it works out in the long run, time will tell. Beat Elonxdrunkyx
So you guys don't think you can stop Towson and company, maybe I need to change my pickxconfusedx

Sitting Bull
November 16th, 2018, 09:43 AM
Sitting Bull not really concerned over Leader Board. Missed week 2 anyway - smoke pipe, forget.

Actually I am rooting for Maine, I just don't think they win. I picked the Bears in most games this year - not W&M though 😦. 2 points Sitting Bull!

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 16th, 2018, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE=RootinFerDukes;2710913]Man, everyone is on team Towson this year. The new CAA darling. What ever happened to B'ing and M'ing about Transfers in FCS? I guess the critics are silenced when they win and dominate.[/QUOTE

I haven't seen Towson play this year. Hope the Dukes have their A game.

Go Dukes

CenMEBlackBearFan
November 16th, 2018, 12:27 PM
Sitting Bull not really concerned over Leader Board. Missed week 2 anyway - smoke pipe, forget.

Actually I am rooting for Maine, I just don't think they win. I picked the Bears in most games this year - not W&M though . 2 points Sitting Bull!

Well one other game comes to mind(LOL)- Towson 42, Maine 21
Flacco comes out in this one with real attitude, twirls towel in front of angry Maine bench and the 6 Maine fans in attendance. Theatrics ignite big 1st Quarter for the Tigers. Towson stays in hunt.

Little Stevie
November 16th, 2018, 04:22 PM
Man,does Rhody have a lot to play for.
UNH is on a roll. But,if Rhody gets to 30 points watch out!

KPSUL
November 16th, 2018, 06:13 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29505&stc=1

All Aboard!!

KPSUL
November 16th, 2018, 06:15 PM
I thought JMU had the upper had the upper hand on transfers, and your guys are FBS transfers. Maine gets one or two a year and they are community college transfersxembarrassedx But we usually get guys who have a chip on their shoulder for getting overlooked by schools like yours so maybe it works out in the long run, time will tell. Beat Elonxdrunkyx
So you guys don't think you can stop Towson and company, maybe I need to change my pickxconfusedx

UNH gets one or two every century.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 16th, 2018, 09:02 PM
UNH 35 URI 27
Maine 38 Elon 31
Delaware 27 Villanova 20
W&M 24 Richmond 20
JMU 40 Towson 34
Stony Brook 30 Albany 17

hoidOfYolen
November 16th, 2018, 09:17 PM
#14 Elon @ #10 Maine
Villanova @ #13 Delaware
#8 James Madison @ #11 Towson
#9 Stony Brook @ Albany

hoidOfYolen
November 16th, 2018, 09:20 PM
All y'all saying Elon 31 Maine 38 or something like that are kidding yourselves, thinking that Elon will score 31 points. This will be a defensive game, with two top tier defenses going up against each other. I think the total points in the game is under 32.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 16th, 2018, 09:26 PM
All y'all saying Elon 31 Maine 38 or something like that are kidding yourselves, thinking that Elon will score 31 points. This will be a defensive game, with two top tier defenses going up against each other. I think the total points in the game is under 32.

The defense might be highly ranked but they've both given up points. Maine has won quasi-shootouts against WKU, URI and Towson while Elon just gave up 41 to Towson. I lean towards Elon having the slightly better D. But, Maine will be playing in the friendly confines of Alfond Stadium.

hoidOfYolen
November 16th, 2018, 09:37 PM
The defense might be highly ranked but they've both given up points. Maine has won quasi-shootouts against WKU, URI and Towson while Elon just gave up 41 to Towson. I lean towards Elon having the slightly better D. But, Maine will be playing in the friendly confines of Alfond Stadium.

While this is true, Elon gave up 21 points essentially for free last Saturday in the final 6 minutes because (presumably) they knew they were going to lose and some plays didn't go our way (three turnovers hindered by penalties/stepping out of bounds/play being called dead, 2 of which were scoring drives for Towson and 1 actually being a turnover). For the vast majority of the game they were pretty strong against an elite Towson offense.

MR. CHICKEN
November 16th, 2018, 09:48 PM
RHODE ISLAND.........RAMS......SHOVE MARTY'S BEAK......INNA...PILE UH SHEEP DOO!
MAINE........................"DUH BEARS"........GROWL WAY.......TA....CAA....BLING.....AWK!
DELAWARE............HENS.....CLOCK 'CATS.....GANGLAD.....LEAVES NEWARK.........WHIFF COVETED......REEDER...AUTOGRAPHS........BROCCO!
WILLIAM & MARY........FORT LAYCOCK....ROCKS.....AS JIMMYE....WAVES BYE-BYE..........BRAWK!
TOWSON...............TAGGERS......RIP....DOOKIES.. ....UH NEW ONE.......BAWK!
STONY BROOK..........WOLVES......LOCK DANES.....IN CAA CELLAR..........AWQ!

melloware13
November 17th, 2018, 04:22 AM
Opening Point Spreads:
New Hampshire @ Rhode Island (-4) - O/U: 54 (URI 29, UNH 25)
#14 Elon @ #10 Maine (-7.5) - O/U: 41 (MAINE 24.25, ELON 16.75)
Villanova @ #13 Delaware (-10) - O/U: 37.5 (DEL 23.75, NOVA 13.75)
Richmond @ William & Mary (-7.5) - O/U: 54 (W&M 30.75, RICH 23.25)
#8 James Madison (-3) @ #11 Towson - O/U: 66.5 (JMU 34.75, TOW 31.75)
#9 Stony Brook (-18.5) @ Albany - O/U: 44.5 (SBU 31.5, ALB 13)

As of posting, spreads haven't changed (O/U for Elon-Maine moved 1 point up) so I'm calling these the "final" ones since I'm going to be out through the start of the games. Since 2 games are within 3 picks for the majority, I'll put those up when I'm back and including all posts up to 11:59:59.99 AM EST. Odds are I'll either be celebrating a combination of 2010 (playoffs) and 11 (beating Nova) or mad like 2013 and 17, but I'll aim to keep neutral on here for results.

Derby City Duke
November 17th, 2018, 08:08 AM
New Hampshire

Maine

Delaware

William & Mary

Towson

Stony Brook

Big Duke
November 17th, 2018, 04:55 PM
New Hampshire

Maine

Delaware

William & Mary

Towson

Stony Brook

Hmmmmm, nice choices

MacThor
November 17th, 2018, 05:17 PM
Hmmmmm, nice choices

Ouch!

SBUFAN33
November 17th, 2018, 05:29 PM
Squib kick???? Wtf, we deserve to stay home after a call like that.

melloware13
November 17th, 2018, 10:40 PM
Scores:
Rhode Island 24, New Hampshire 21
#10 Maine 27, #14 Elon 26
Villanova 42, #13 Delaware 21
Richmond 10, William & Mary 6
#8 James Madison 38, #11 Towson 17
Albany 25, #9 Stony Brook 23

CAA Standings:
1. #10 Maine (8-3, 7-1 CAA) - CAA Champions
2. #8 James Madison (8-3, 6-2 CAA)
3. #11 Towson (7-4, 5-3 CAA)
4. #9 Stony Brook (7-4, 5-3 CAA)
5. #13 Delaware (7-4, 5-3 CAA)
6. #14 Elon (6-4, 4-3 CAA)
7. Rhode Island (6-5, 4-4 CAA)
8. William & Mary (4-6, 3-4 CAA)
9. New Hampshire (4-7, 3-5 CAA)
10. Villanova (5-6, 2-6 CAA)
11. Richmond (4-7, 2-6 CAA)
12. Albany (3-8, 1-7 CAA)

Pick'em Results (Week 12):

bonarae

T2
caribbeanhen

T2
Gangtackle11

T2
GoBlueHens83

T2
Ivytalk

T2
kdinva

T2
paward

T2
Sitting Bull

Massey Predictions

T9
CenMEBlackBearFan

T9
Go Lehigh TU owl

T9
jmu007

T9
mainejeff

T9
MR. CHICKEN

T9
SUPharmacist

Point Spreads

T15
bluehenbillk

T15
Derby City Duke

T15
hengeek

T15
hoidOfYolen

T15
knit35

T15
melloware13

T15
RootinFerDukes

T15
SBUFAN33

T15
TribePride52

T15
UNHWildcat18

Majority Picks

Pick'em Results (Overall; 4th column is average per week entered):

Massey Predictions

T1
Gangtackle11

T1
MR. CHICKEN

T3
jmu007

T3
RootinFerDukes

bonarae

CenMEBlackBearFan

GoBlueHens83

Majority Picks

T8
Go Lehigh TU owl

T8
kdinva

SBUFAN33

hengeek

T12
hoidOfYolen

T12
melloware13

T12
TribePride52

SUPharmacist

bluehenbillk

Sitting Bull

Derby City Duke

knit35

caribbeanhen

Point Spreads

paward

UNHWildcat18

Dane96

Bluefish845

DRDukes01

maninthehighcastle

jmu8

BestDaneSinceHamlet

HENJOHN

jmufan999

mainejeff

Anthony215

Ivytalk

UNH72Plus

KPSUL

T36
reeder

T36
Vermont

TribePride2

T39
dbackjon

T39
jayhawkdaddy

T39
The Yo Show

T42
PurpleStreamers

T42
World

cx500d

TSU86

jmuwishyouhadadukedog

If there is interest in breaking the tie between Gangtackle11 and MR. CHICKEN, I give deference to the fact that the Hens haven't beaten Villanova in Newark since I was 13.

jmu007
November 23rd, 2018, 10:06 AM
Any interest in keeping this going into playoffs considering we have 6 CAA teams still alive?

KPSUL
November 23rd, 2018, 10:32 AM
Any interest in keeping this going into playoffs considering we have 6 CAA teams still alive?

Yes, otherwise a Chicken will be the co-winner.

RootinFerDukes
November 23rd, 2018, 12:56 PM
I say i say i say... keep it going... i need ta take down Mr. Chicken.... brocco!