PDA

View Full Version : Fmr VMI QB Bobby Ross to Return Home

TexasTerror
April 2nd, 2007, 09:23 PM
Can't hurt now, can it? Bobby Ross is now a volunteer assistant at VMI. Anything he can do for that program should be seen as a good thing. Always great to see an alum who can give back to a program, doing their part...

Former Army coach Ross helping out at VMI
By Justin Rodriguez

Times Herald-Record
April 02, 2007

Bobby Ross retired in January, abruptly leaving the Army football team after three losing seasons.

His retirement lasted about two months.

Ross is working as a volunteer assistant with his alma mater, Virginia Military Institute in Lexington, Ky., where Ross now lives.

"This is great opportunity for our program," said VMI coach Jim Reid. "Everyone knows what coach Ross has accomplished. I offered to step aside for coach Ross, but it didn't happen. I think he can really help us."

Ross, VMI class of 1959 and a former star quarterback at the Division I-AA school, was not available for comment.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070402/SPORTS/704020323

Mr. C
April 2nd, 2007, 09:35 PM
That is a nice marriage. I'm glad to see Jim Reid get someone of Bobby Ross' caliber in his program. I'm sure retirement would have driven Bobby Ross crazy, too.

Sly Fox
April 2nd, 2007, 10:20 PM
I know it sounds ridiculous, but I really see this staff improving the Keydets mightily this fall. They already were showing early returns in the conference portion of their schedule last fall. That offense is tough to prepare for in just a week.

Very nice coup for the boys in Lexington.

ngineer
April 2nd, 2007, 10:57 PM
Will he be making the trip to Bethlehem in September? Always thought he was a class guy and seemed to make a positive impact on Army, though their record didn't show much for it.

Col Hogan
April 3rd, 2007, 04:55 AM
Can't hurt now, can it? Bobby Ross is now a volunteer assistant at VMI. Anything he can do for that program should be seen as a good thing. Always great to see an alum who can give back to a program, doing their part...

Former Army coach Ross helping out at VMI
By Justin Rodriguez

Times Herald-Record
April 02, 2007

Bobby Ross retired in January, abruptly leaving the Army football team after three losing seasons.

His retirement lasted about two months.

Ross is working as a volunteer assistant with his alma mater, Virginia Military Institute in Lexington, Ky., where Ross now lives.

"This is great opportunity for our program," said VMI coach Jim Reid. "Everyone knows what coach Ross has accomplished. I offered to step aside for coach Ross, but it didn't happen. I think he can really help us."

Ross, VMI class of 1959 and a former star quarterback at the Division I-AA school, was not available for comment.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070402/SPORTS/704020323

Quick, somebody better notify the Commonwealth of Virginia that one of their state institutions has been hijacked by Kentucky!

danefan
April 3rd, 2007, 08:33 AM
Justin Rodriguez is a dope. I grew up reading that paper and his crappy articles. His is rarely correct in anything he says and is notorious for quoting high school kids' comments out of context....real class act I tell you.

Go...gate
April 3rd, 2007, 09:58 AM
Quick, somebody better notify the Commonwealth of Virginia that one of their state institutions has been hijacked by Kentucky!

Those Citadel guys (and gals) are at it again!!! xsmiley_wix