PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 11-10

JALMOND
November 7th, 2018, 09:59 PM
So here we are. Some of the Big Sky schools are playing their last conference game of the year this weekend and so many questions surrounding the four top teams regarding any playoff hopes. One major conference game on tap this week and one major conference game on tap next week will define who is going and who is staying. I was perfect 7-0 last week. All teams play so another 7 games on the docket. Another chance at perfection.

ISU at CP---The Bengals are coming off an exciting road win last weekend and hit the road again against what should be a lesser opponent. But the Mustangs have shown they are capable of putting a scare into the big boys so this may not be easy...ISU 52, CP 42.

UM at UI---The return of an old Big Sky rivalry may not have the luster that it once had but it will still be intense. The Grizzlies want a good win to head into their Brawl next week while the Vandals want to get their last conference game of the season...UI 31, UM 28.

NAU at SAC---The Lumberjacks are limping along, hoping to make it through this season (one more game). The Hornets are hoping for any conference win and hope they don't have to get it next week in their Classic. This may be a good game no one else cares about...SAC 28, NAU 24.

UNC at MSU---The last conference game of the year for the Bears and they would love to get a win to build on next year. The Bobcats are harboring very slim playoff hopes and while the dominoes all have to fall a certain way, one is not to stub their toe here...MSU 31, UNC 10.

PSU at North Dakota---This is the only time that the Vikings head east of the Continental Divide and they take on a wounded Hawks team eager to come home after last week's loss. The Hawks have looked good at home and not too good on the road. This is at home...North Dakota 35, PSU 28.

UCD at EWU---Huge playoff implications here. The Aggies may already be in but they would love to get the auto bid and a win over the Eagles could pretty much sew it up. The Eagles may need one more win and this would be a great one to get...EWU 49, UCD 45.

WSU at SUU---The Wildcats are thinking they are in if they win their remaining games, but going on the road for a conference game against your secondary rival is hardly a gimme. The Thunderbirds would like nothing more than to dash those hopes...WSU 24, SUU 21.

geaux_sioux
November 7th, 2018, 10:14 PM
So here we are. Some of the Big Sky schools are playing their last conference game of the year this weekend and so many questions surrounding the four top teams regarding any playoff hopes. One major conference game on tap this week and one major conference game on tap next week will define who is going and who is staying. I was perfect 7-0 last week. All teams play so another 7 games on the docket. Another chance at perfection.

ISU at CP---The Bengals are coming off an exciting road win last weekend and hit the road again against what should be a lesser opponent. But the Mustangs have shown they are capable of putting a scare into the big boys so this may not be easy...ISU 52, CP 42.

UM at UI---The return of an old Big Sky rivalry may not have the luster that it once had but it will still be intense. The Grizzlies want a good win to head into their Brawl next week while the Vandals want to get their last conference game of the season...UI 31, UM 28.

NAU at SAC---The Lumberjacks are limping along, hoping to make it through this season (one more game). The Hornets are hoping for any conference win and hope they don't have to get it next week in their Classic. This may be a good game no one else cares about...SAC 28, NAU 24.

UNC at MSU---The last conference game of the year for the Bears and they would love to get a win to build on next year. The Bobcats are harboring very slim playoff hopes and while the dominoes all have to fall a certain way, one is not to stub their toe here...MSU 31, UNC 10.

PSU at North Dakota---This is the only time that the Vikings head east of the Continental Divide and they take on a wounded Hawks team eager to come home after last week's loss. The Hawks have looked good at home and not too good on the road. This is at home...North Dakota 35, PSU 28.

UCD at EWU---Huge playoff implications here. The Aggies may already be in but they would love to get the auto bid and a win over the Eagles could pretty much sew it up. The Eagles may need one more win and this would be a great one to get...EWU 49, UCD 45.

WSU at SUU---The Wildcats are thinking they are in if they win their remaining games, but going on the road for a conference game against your secondary rival is hardly a gimme. The Thunderbirds would like nothing more than to dash those hopes...WSU 24, SUU 21.
I’m gonna disagree with you about us struggling on the road this year. Last week was the first time we didn’t play well on the road all year. We’ve played much worse at home.

F'N Hawks
November 7th, 2018, 10:31 PM
UND ain't beating da Viks. Their offense is legit.

bonarae
November 7th, 2018, 11:03 PM
ISU orange
Griz
NAU
MSU Bobcats
UND
UC Davis
Weber State

mvemjsunpx
November 8th, 2018, 06:21 AM
Davis 28-34 EWU — The Eags don't have Gubrud, but they did have a bye to prepare for this one

Idaho St. 49-42 Cal Poly — I wish I could see Cal Poly's offense face their own awful run defense

NAU 24-27 Sac — Whoever passes the least wins

Montana 23-27 Idaho — Will the Little Brown Stein reside in Moscow for the first time since 2000?

Weber 41-7 Suutah — SUU looked like an RMAC team last week, so this will be a boring Beehive Bowl

NoCo 21-34 Montana St. — The Bobcats should keep their iffy playoff hopes alive heading into Griz/Cat

Portland St. 24-38 NoDak — PSU has been game of late, but the Fighting Hawks have a lot more to play for

wapiti
November 8th, 2018, 09:10 AM
ISU 38 at CP 28---CP's defense is weak, especially their run defense. The Potatoes have to win out to earn a 7 Div 1 total. There playoff hopes will be on shaky ground if they lose one. and ISU offense has been doing pretty good this year.

UM 28 at UI 31---If UM is to have slim playoff hopes they must win out. This game will be a tough one on the road. Which griz team will show up, the one that thumped SUU or the one from the previous 3 weeks?

NAU 15 at SAC 24---The pillow fight game of the week. I think SAC gets a BSC win.

UNC 18 at MSU 31---MSU must win out to have a slim playoff hope. MSU has been showing signs of improvement throughout the season. Being in Bozeman MSU will take another improvement step.

PSU 24 at North Dakota 32---I like what PSU has done this year. They appear to relevant again, but this game is at ND and ND is a decent team.

UCD 25 at EWU 24---Both of these teams are most likely in the playoffs. This game will be for a top 4 seed. I had to pick one team to win so I went with UCD since EWU is on their backup QB, but this game could go either way.

WSU 24 at SUU 17---The BBQ's defense should be able to handle the T-Birds and earn the W.

Iridebikes
November 8th, 2018, 10:30 AM
Idaho State beats CP- too much Bengal offense for the Mustangs to keep pace
Griz over the Vandals- close game. To me the biggest thing is renewal of a historic rivalry.
Sac State beats NAU- Both teams struggling. Home field advantage wins.
MSU Beats UNC
North Dakota beats Portland State
Weber State beat Southern Utah for state rights
EWU beats UCD- 38-24.

MSUBobcat
November 8th, 2018, 01:10 PM
Idaho St. 49-42 Cal Poly — I wish I could see Cal Poly's offense face their own awful run defense

xnodx That would be a sight to behold for sure! Defense gets points for every play that doesn't end up as a 20 yard gainer?? xlolx

grizband
November 8th, 2018, 02:52 PM
ISU
UM
SAC
MSU
North Dakota
UCD
WSU

quadshock
November 8th, 2018, 04:26 PM
ISU at CP

UM at UI

NAU at SAC

UNC at MSU

PSU at NDU

UCD at EWU

WSU at SUU

mvemjsunpx
November 8th, 2018, 05:47 PM
xnodx That would be a sight to behold for sure! Defense gets points for every play that doesn't end up as a 20 yard gainer?? xlolx

Pretty much. Cal Poly is allowing 8.0 yards-per carry overall and 8.8 ypc in Big Sky play. I'm not sure I've ever seen run-D numbers that bad.

MSUBobcat
November 9th, 2018, 12:10 PM
Pretty much. Cal Poly is allowing 8.0 yards-per carry overall and 8.8 ypc in Big Sky play. I'm not sure I've ever seen run-D numbers that bad.

No doubt. IIRC, they were averaging 7.2 ypc before we hit them for 9.8 per on 44 carries. xeekx Last week was the only time this year I was actually pleading for the Cats to NOT throw the ball once in a while to at least keep the D honest. Don't even bother throwing it against Poly.

grizband
November 9th, 2018, 12:47 PM

No doubt. IIRC, they were averaging 7.2 ypc before we hit them for 9.8 per on 44 carries. xeekx Last week was the only time this year I was actually pleading for the Cats to NOT throw the ball once in a while to at least keep the D honest. Don't even bother throwing it against Poly.
Griz rushed for 183 yards on 22 carries against Cal Poly, for an average of 8.3 ypc. Sneed also passsed for 285 yards that game, so overall it was a good offensive output for Montana.

MSUBobcat
November 9th, 2018, 02:34 PM
Griz rushed for 183 yards on 22 carries against Cal Poly, for an average of 8.3 ypc. Sneed also passsed for 285 yards that game, so overall it was a good offensive output for Montana.

Yeah well..... your LB wasn't playing QB, now was he! Yeah... didn't think so...:D

In all fairness, offensive stats from playing Cal Poly should have an asterisk this year.

veinup
November 9th, 2018, 02:51 PM
ISU
Idaho
Sac
MSU
North Dakota
UCD
Weebs

grizband
November 9th, 2018, 03:00 PM
Yeah well..... your LB wasn't playing QB, now was he! Yeah... didn't think so...:D

In all fairness, offensive stats from playing Cal Poly should have an asterisk this year.
Haha, true! If the Cats rectify their QB situation, they could be a good team!

Roamingriz
November 9th, 2018, 08:34 PM
Idaho St v Cal Poly - Poly pounds out a few scores, but don't imagine at a pace near enough to keep up. ISU 48 CP 30

UM v Idaho - Refreshing the rivalry hopefully brings out a great Kibbie atmosphere, especially if it's a lot of Griz fans. Idaho is tough at home this year, and after a disappointing season should bring it. If the Griz don't turn it over they can handle the vandals on the road. Griz 35 Idaho 24

NAU v Sac - Two disappointing seasons collide here. Sac is due for a break through. Dotson the Datsun has a big day and Sac turns over the wide receiver playing qb Porter a couple times. NAU 21 Sac 24

NoCO v Montana St - The Bears have a decent offense while the bobcats used to be stout. The last few weeks have brought questions. Luckily the bears can't stop much anyhow. UNC 25 Bobcats 38

Portland St. v UND - I think this should be a fun matchup. UND needs to shake off last week as the Vikings come to town with nothing to lose and coming off some strong showings. Home isn't the boost to the Hawks as other teams get(unless it's Montana) but it keeps the November chill out I guess. PSU 32 UND 35

Davis v EWU - Game's a toss up. Head says EWU, but I'd rather Davis gets it. They've done a great job building to this matchup. Edub plays some pretty good D this year. Davis slumps on D for quarters at a time, but if they don't here they can pull it out. UCD 44 EWU 42

Weber v SUU - Hopefully the T-birds can get some meaningful reps to next year's players. A long day awaits. WSU 32 SUU 9

JALMOND
November 11th, 2018, 03:47 AM

I was a little bit scared there for a while but I came through 4-2, 63-21 overall.