View Full Version : How often do you prefer a National Awards Outlook?

smallcollegefbfan
November 6th, 2018, 07:53 PM
How often do you prefer a National Awards Outlook?

I have debated changing how often I do these or make some minor changes to it.

If you want me to change anything, let me know specifically what changes you would want.

If you say every 2 weeks then I will hold off from an update next week and do it the final week of the regular season.

TheKingpin28
November 6th, 2018, 08:27 PM
I enjoy it every week. It is very informative and much appreciated.

dewey
November 6th, 2018, 10:09 PM

100% agreed! I appreciate all you have done and will do in the future.

Dewey

smallcollegefbfan
November 6th, 2018, 11:22 PM
I appreciate it. I hope that at least 100 people or more vote on this because I want to make sure that folks are indeed reading and it helps. I was thinking perhaps I'm doing them too much since I saw one old thread was being read more than a newer one and it seems people can get off on random stuff but if it seems 80% or more of active AGS folks use them and don't think every week is too much then I would continue to do so.

Bison56
November 7th, 2018, 08:05 AM

I 2nd this comment.

Bisonator
November 7th, 2018, 08:44 AM
Seeing how there are bye weeks involved I would think every 2 weeks would be more then enough. Not sure there are enough changes week to week to justify the work involved updating every week. JMO

Professor Chaos
November 7th, 2018, 08:47 AM
Seeing how there are bye weeks involved I would think every 2 weeks would be more then enough. Not sure there are enough changes week to week to justify the work involved updating every week. JMO
I voted two every two weeks as well. Maybe the last few weeks of the regular season do it every week but I'm fine with however you want to do it SCFBFan. I enjoy reading through the lists more about seeing players from teams I'm not familiar with that are having great seasons than ones I am familiar with.

Daytripper
November 7th, 2018, 08:48 AM
I would prefer an hourly update...xsmiley_wix

katss07
November 7th, 2018, 08:53 AM
You do a great job. I voted every 2 weeks just because not too much changes in a week. I don’t mind weekly though.

BEAR
November 7th, 2018, 08:58 AM
Great info but honestly too many on the lists so I just glance over it and move on. Every once in a while I may bring up a candidate but that's rare. Though I think most here enjoy it weekly.

Derby City Duke
November 7th, 2018, 03:51 PM
Start the 1st weekend of October then go every other week until 1st weekend of November. After that weekly -- and you could conceivably pare your list down each week significantly once you get to November.

grizband
November 7th, 2018, 05:08 PM
I voted for every week, but 2 weeks is also good. I have always appreciated your work providing national award and recruiting information to this site!

smallcollegefbfan
November 7th, 2018, 06:12 PM
Great info but honestly too many on the lists so I just glance over it and move on. Every once in a while I may bring up a candidate but that's rare. Though I think most here enjoy it weekly.

Another thing I am considering is parring down the "considered" list. What I'm thinking of doing is dropping them down to just 20 names and only 5-6 in the considered section. I do agree the lists have gotten long. I have dropped names but want to narrow down the lists. I may take the next week to do that and then just post my final lists in two weeks.

What do you all think of that?

smallcollegefbfan
November 7th, 2018, 06:14 PM
Start the 1st weekend of October then go every other week until 1st weekend of November. After that weekly -- and you could conceivably pare your list down each week significantly once you get to November.

That is something I was debating. I did not decide the exact dates like you just said but that is a good idea. Post a preseason list and then update October 1st and every 2 weeks until November 1st with an update in both of those final weeks of the regular season.

Thumper 76
November 7th, 2018, 07:37 PM
Another thing I am considering is parring down the "considered" list. What I'm thinking of doing is dropping them down to just 20 names and only 5-6 in the considered section. I do agree the lists have gotten long. I have dropped names but want to narrow down the lists. I may take the next week to do that and then just post my final lists in two weeks.

What do you all think of that?

Ohhhhh dropping the list size down should really get some bitching, I mean conversation going. I like it.

Also, if anyone is reading this on Tapatalk like I do, take a minute to do the poll in web page view. I think the work SCFBF does deserves at least that much effort from us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smallcollegefbfan
November 7th, 2018, 10:11 PM
Ohhhhh dropping the list size down should really get some bitching, I mean conversation going. I like it.

Also, if anyone is reading this on Tapatalk like I do, take a minute to do the poll in web page view. I think the work SCFBF does deserves at least that much effort from us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I appreciate it. I usually try to add names brought up unless they don't have decent numbers the next week or two after but I do think it is time to start eliminating names and then possibly have a vote on here. I may drop the list down to 20 and then down to 10 to be voted on and have a vote on AGS.

Bisonoline
November 7th, 2018, 10:19 PM
Its nice to look at occasionally. Every week is a little much as its usually the same old same old so I dont look at it every week or every two weeks. 3-4weeks is ok with me.

Mayville Bison
November 8th, 2018, 08:20 AM

This is exactly how I'd do it except add maybe a preseason list as well

IBleedYellow
November 8th, 2018, 09:31 AM

I change my vote to this!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 8th, 2018, 01:58 PM
You do a great job. I voted every 2 weeks just because not too much changes in a week. I don’t mind weekly though.

I'll read it every time it goes up but I agree with you guys that have made this similar statement. If not much changes and it involves more work than necessary for every week then I'm fine with that. BUT, if you are already doing the work then I'd just as soon see it up as it's good discussion.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 8th, 2018, 02:01 PM

Agree, this seems like a very good hybrid solution and also agree there is a need to start paring down the lists as the weeks go on.