PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth/Kennesaw

MUHAWKS
November 5th, 2018, 09:20 AM
Even though basically nobody will give MU a shot to win this game, I thought it worthy to start a thread as this Saturday's game is a de facto Big South Championship game. Based on last years result and this years resumes and following the betting lines all year I would imagine Kennesaw will open as roughly 24 point favorites as they head up to NJ in what is expected to be a fairly chilly but nice Fall day. I understand that the feel on this site is that My Hawks are 2nd tier Patriot league type talent while Kennesaw is well respected, yet some hold reservations based on schedule. I would have thought last years run in the playoffs would have quelled any thought of Kennesaw being over rated, especially since its the same team this year with now more experience.

My take on the Owls in what I have seen is that while they have excellent players and a super QB, their main edge is their style, coaching and team play. I do not think that man for man that they have superior players to the better teams they have played, but rather their offense is so hard to stop and play against- they make you play every down, sometimes 4 downs and seem to rarely shoot themselves in the foot. Their offense being able to be on the field so much and control clock the puts pressure on the other teams offense and allows their own D to play more aggressive.

Aside from Charleston Southern, the games in common have seen Kennesaw win by much larger margins,.

My take on the Hawks (I have seen every game this year) - We came in with big expectations and the goal being nothing short of winning the Big South and another playoff trip. After a season opening loss to a decent E Michigan team we rebounded with a confidence building win against a bad Hampton team. Then we barely escape Lafayette and we were thinking what the hell is wrong? The thrashing at Princeton then really ate into any confidence and we knew that serious work had to be done. Then comes Wagner which was up 20 on us quick and be battled to win 54-47- a good win for establishing "grit" and knowing we can come back- but again, against an overall not good team. The thought then became, ok we have the talent and we are just not putting it all together. We did have some key injuries, losing 2 DB starters on al already young unit as well as missing a starting LB, and OL our top 2 TE's and our # 1 RB. Slowly they started to come back and slowly we started to clean things up. The first few games were filled with mental mistakes, penalties and honestly some bad game luck (in the wins not the 2 losses). So the thought was still "hey we think we have what it takes we just have to put it all together, get injured guys back and try and get some momentum and peak at the right time..Since then we have been putting it together slowly but surely, with 17 pt wins against Bucknell (who is not good) and Campbell (also average at best) a 10 pt win against a poor Presbyterian team who always plays us tough and most recently a blowout win against Charleston Southern which could have easily been by more. We vastly outplayed most teams we have beat, so I know some people will look at margin of victory and be like " Monmouth must suck" but we know how to win, did what we had to do to win and did it all while trying to find identity, recover from key injuries and play a complete game. The Charleston Southern game was the closest thing to that I have seen, so in our minds we think we are peaking and healthy at the right time. We are also encouraged by beating Charleston Southern in a similar fashion as Kennesaw did. But do not get me wrong. Having optimism and confidence is not clouding reality. Reality is that we will need to play our A+ game, win the turnover battle and on top of it get a little lucky here and there just to be in this game in the 4th..But this is Not Alabama we are playing. As the website says "Any Given Saturday" and all I am trying to convey is the truth about our year and explain that many feel we have finally put it all together and have guys back and we should be in position to put our best foot forward, which like I said, may not be enough anyway. It is a 12 pm start on Senior Day in what may be colder temps. We are almost fully healthy, we have depth and we have confidence. We earned the right to play for the playoffs and are in a position that many would envy. I truly think IF we take another step forward this week that this will be much closer than folks think. Trust me I know that I will get chastised for that and I totally get it. If there are any Kennesaw fans here would love to hear from you..

Catbooster
November 5th, 2018, 09:44 AM
Nice to see a Monmouth fan here. Good luck this weekend. xthumbsupx

ksu_owls
November 5th, 2018, 09:52 AM
I agree that anything can happen. Realistically, I think this should be a similar outcome to what we saw last year. I hope our boys don't look past you guys. It would be great to see your team, Campbell, and CSU get back on track and maybe have the Big South be a respectable conference in the future.

Professor Chaos
November 5th, 2018, 09:52 AM
Even though basically nobody will give MU a shot to win this game, I thought it worthy to start a thread as this Saturday's game is a de facto Big South Championship game. Based on last years result and this years resumes and following the betting lines all year I would imagine Kennesaw will open as roughly 24 point favorites as they head up to NJ in what is expected to be a fairly chilly but nice Fall day. I understand that the feel on this site is that My Hawks are 2nd tier Patriot league type talent while Kennesaw is well respected, yet some hold reservations based on schedule. I would have thought last years run in the playoffs would have quelled any thought of Kennesaw being over rated, especially since its the same team this year with now more experience.

My take on the Owls in what I have seen is that while they have excellent players and a super QB, their main edge is their style, coaching and team play. I do not think that man for man that they have superior players to the better teams they have played, but rather their offense is so hard to stop and play against- they make you play every down, sometimes 4 downs and seem to rarely shoot themselves in the foot. Their offense being able to be on the field so much and control clock the puts pressure on the other teams offense and allows their own D to play more aggressive.

Aside from Charleston Southern, the games in common have seen Kennesaw win by much larger margins,.

My take on the Hawks (I have seen every game this year) - We came in with big expectations and the goal being nothing short of winning the Big South and another playoff trip. After a season opening loss to a decent E Michigan team we rebounded with a confidence building win against a bad Hampton team. Then we barely escape Lafayette and we were thinking what the hell is wrong? The thrashing at Princeton then really ate into any confidence and we knew that serious work had to be done. Then comes Wagner which was up 20 on us quick and be battled to win 54-47- a good win for establishing "grit" and knowing we can come back- but again, against an overall not good team. The thought then became, ok we have the talent and we are just not putting it all together. We did have some key injuries, losing 2 DB starters on al already young unit as well as missing a starting LB, and OL our top 2 TE's and our # 1 RB. Slowly they started to come back and slowly we started to clean things up. The first few games were filled with mental mistakes, penalties and honestly some bad game luck (in the wins not the 2 losses). So the thought was still "hey we think we have what it takes we just have to put it all together, get injured guys back and try and get some momentum and peak at the right time..Since then we have been putting it together slowly but surely, with 17 pt wins against Bucknell (who is not good) and Campbell (also average at best) a 10 pt win against a poor Presbyterian team who always plays us tough and most recently a blowout win against Charleston Southern which could have easily been by more. We vastly outplayed most teams we have beat, so I know some people will look at margin of victory and be like " Monmouth must suck" but we know how to win, did what we had to do to win and did it all while trying to find identity, recover from key injuries and play a complete game. The Charleston Southern game was the closest thing to that I have seen, so in our minds we think we are peaking and healthy at the right time. We are also encouraged by beating Charleston Southern in a similar fashion as Kennesaw did. But do not get me wrong. Having optimism and confidence is not clouding reality. Reality is that we will need to play our A+ game, win the turnover battle and on top of it get a little lucky here and there just to be in this game in the 4th..But this is Not Alabama we are playing. As the website says "Any Given Saturday" and all I am trying to convey is the truth about our year and explain that many feel we have finally put it all together and have guys back and we should be in position to put our best foot forward, which like I said, may not be enough anyway. It is a 12 pm start on Senior Day in what may be colder temps. We are almost fully healthy, we have depth and we have confidence. We earned the right to play for the playoffs and are in a position that many would envy. I truly think IF we take another step forward this week that this will be much closer than folks think. Trust me I know that I will get chastised for that and I totally get it. If there are any Kennesaw fans here would love to hear from you..
Good post! Very informative.

I don't think the rest of the board views Monmouth as poorly as you think. They've been getting votes in the AGS top 25 for the last 2 weeks. I think where the criticism lies is that Monmouth has played two good teams so far and got dump trucked by both of them and then, as you point out, have had some fairly close wins against downright bad teams. However, they've been on a run and it's always important to have momentum going into a big game like this. I don't think Monmouth will have much of a shot at an at-large invite if they lose this game so it really is their season on the line and they still control their own playoff destinies which is all you can ask for by this point in the year. Good luck to your guys!

MUHAWKS
November 5th, 2018, 10:09 AM
I agree that anything can happen. Realistically, I think this should be a similar outcome to what we saw last year. I hope our boys don't look past you guys. It would be great to see your team, Campbell, and CSU get back on track and maybe have the Big South be a respectable conference in the future.

Hey man- doubt you will look past us. You seem to have serious leadership and great coaching. The ONLY thin that would lead to looking past is the knowledge that even with a loss to us you are still in the playoffs, but I doubt it. Agreed on needing Big South to be better, so in future a team can be 7-4 and get to playoffs etc and other reasons.. As a fan, honestly my goal is to start the 3rd qtr with the game within 1 score. and have it be within reach into the 4th...

katss07
November 5th, 2018, 06:15 PM
Upset special? I’ve watched KSU and Monmouth twice each this season. Monmouth looks better than last year. More physical than they were in the UNI game it seems like. They seem to have a strong offense that can score. That Reggie White Jr kid is the real deal. Those Georgia boys aren’t used to chilly weather, especially with that coastal air. 11:00 kickoff? That might make it even tougher.

After the loss to the Owls last year and the humiliation in the UNIDome, I’m sure the Hawks are itching for a rematch with KSU. This is basically a playoff game for them, as I’m not seeing a return trip for MU without a Big South Title. I think this should be a good one if the Hawks defense comes to play. Can’t let KSU eat too much clock! Not saying the Hawks will win, but this will be a good win.

caribbeanhen
November 5th, 2018, 08:31 PM
Ive had my eye on this game for several weeks now, upset in the making maybe?

BurialGround
November 6th, 2018, 07:13 AM
I definitely hope we're not overlooking you guys. We know what kind of weapons you guys have on offense. Arguably the most talented WR in the country, two very good RBs, a QB who can make plays, and a solid OL. From a match-up perspective, this game worries me, and it surprised me very much when you guys struggled against some really bad teams like Wagner and Presby. Maybe lack of motivation? If that were the case, then it definitely shouldn't be now; you'll be at home with a chance to win the Big South and make the playoffs (I don't see you making it this year at 8-3).

The good news for us is that I don't think your defense can stop our O. But if White Jr and those RBs get going and this turns into a shoot-out, then anything can happen. I feel like we should win, but this should easily be our toughest test since Samford. Good luck to both teams, and let's stay healthy.

BurialGround
November 6th, 2018, 07:14 AM
Those Georgia boys aren’t used to chilly weather, especially with that coastal air. 11:00 kickoff? That might make it even tougher.

Do you know where we won at this time last year?

MR. CHICKEN
November 6th, 2018, 07:34 AM
.........PRINCETON....HUNG 51.....ON MONMOUTH.....IN DUH BATTLE FO'....NEW JOISIE.........WADDAH YOUSE GOT....K. STATE?..........xwhistlex...........AWK!

ps.....AN' WHEN YOUSE GET UP HERE..........DON'T TALK....NOBODY....NAMED VITO..........BRAWK!!

FUBeAR
November 6th, 2018, 07:45 AM
I am not a fan of the Owls. Don’t like them one little bit.

Owls by a million over Monmouth though.

ksu_owls
November 6th, 2018, 08:51 AM
I am not a fan of the Owls. Don’t like them one little bit.

Owls by a million over Monmouth though.

We aren't thaaaat bad are we? ETSU is 100x's more obnoxious than we are.

Reign of Terrier
November 6th, 2018, 08:53 AM
Kennesaw will win this game, but I'm rooting for Monmouth to be competitive because it bodes well for the future of FCS. 2018 looks like the year of the start up/former D2 program in FCS

ksu_owls
November 6th, 2018, 08:59 AM
Kennesaw will win this game, but I'm rooting for Monmouth to be competitive because it bodes well for the future of FCS. 2018 looks like the year of the start up/former D2 program in FCS

I'm not rooting for Monmouth in THIS game but man do we want/need them to do really well every other game. I think Campbell will be a serious Big South title contender in the next few years. Monmouth needs to find a way to take that next step... they are letting the weakness of the Big South bring them down, which is one thing I'm thankful that KSU has somehow escaped so far.

Reign of Terrier
November 6th, 2018, 09:02 AM
I think Campbell and Monmouth doing better benefits both the Big South and the FCS.

Also I want the Socon to expand to include Kennesaw and Campbell, but that's just me.

SU DOG
November 6th, 2018, 09:24 AM
It should be noted that Campbell does not have ONE single upperclassman who was signed as a scholarship player. Also, the nice facilities they have recently built, and their attendance that keeps setting records, and one has to take notice that "The Creek Is Rising."

ksu_owls
November 6th, 2018, 09:27 AM
I think Campbell and Monmouth doing better benefits both the Big South and the FCS.

Also I want the Socon to expand to include Kennesaw and Campbell, but that's just me.

I would love for KSU to join the SoCon. A conference win there would actually feel like an accomplishment, assuming we would squeak one out every few years. I know we are losing a lot of play makers this year but I am ecstatic about our redshirted QB Tye Mintz. The kid is a baller with a much better arm than Burks. I expect him to break every record Chandler has set. Check out his highlights if you get a chance https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5671881/5a3818a802b1f405b8b9ef4b

ksu_owls
November 6th, 2018, 09:30 AM
It should be noted that Campbell does not have ONE single upperclassman who was signed as a scholarship player. Also, the nice facilities they have recently built, and their attendance that keeps setting records, and one has to take notice that "The Creek Is Rising."

They are going to be legit! They first impressed me with their game against Coastal. There were so many factors about that game that make it an extreme outlier (played on a Wednesday because of hurricane, switched locations of the game), but they held their own in the first half. That's about all you can ask from a young team against a decent FBS opponent.

Catbooster
November 6th, 2018, 11:53 AM

Be careful what you wish for....I don't like not playing so many of our conference mates each year, and the unbalanced schedules - ugh. I'd much prefer being back at a 9 team conference for football.

Schism55
November 6th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Be careful what you wish for....I don't like not playing so many of our conference mates each year, and the unbalanced schedules - ugh. I'd much prefer being back at a 9 team conference for football.
Want to take UND back? Pretty please, with a cherry on top xsmiley_wix

WestCoastAggie
November 6th, 2018, 12:55 PM
If Monmouth wins, next weeks JSU/KSU loser may not make it into the playoffs.

ksu_owls
November 6th, 2018, 02:22 PM

KSU will beat Monmouth. I think we should beat JSU as well. In your opinion, how high should we be ranked in the playoffs if we win out?

JSUSoutherner
November 6th, 2018, 02:24 PM
If Monmouth wins and KSU beats JSU, NC A&T won't be in either.

WestCoastAggie
November 6th, 2018, 02:55 PM
KSU will beat Monmouth. I think we should beat JSU as well. In your opinion, how high should we be ranked in the playoffs if we win out?

Definitely a top-4 seed.

WestCoastAggie
November 6th, 2018, 02:57 PM
If Monmouth wins and KSU beats JSU, NC A&T won't be in either.

Sheesh. Why did we lose to Morgan State?

JSUSoutherner
November 6th, 2018, 03:27 PM
Sheesh. Why did we lose to Morgan State?

Idk, why did you?

WestCoastAggie
November 6th, 2018, 03:31 PM
Idk, why did you?

If I knew, I would’ve played the powerball and became a billionaire.

Catbooster
November 6th, 2018, 03:57 PM
Want to take UND back? Pretty please, with a cherry on top xsmiley_wix
Actually, could you take 3 or 4 more? xeyebrowx

Maybe some day a few more teams will start/move up and they can get a viable Great West going again. xprayx

katss07
November 6th, 2018, 09:29 PM
5th or 4th seed depending on how other teams fall. Elon/Maine, EWU/Davis, Weber/ID St will all take effect. The Owls are really good but SOS matters so I can’t see them climbing much higher.

FUBeAR
November 7th, 2018, 06:24 AM
Hmmm...sounds very familiar. They wear orange, don’t they? Don’t recall you posting all of these kinds of encouraging words about another orange Team a few years back. Maybe, I’ve just forgotten.

Seahawks Fan
November 7th, 2018, 10:00 AM
I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss Monmouth. Yes they got pasted by Princeton. But Princeton is pretty good this year. The Hawks will give them a good fight.

CSU_Buc_81
November 9th, 2018, 11:13 AM
A lot of talk about Campbell being the next BSC contender, but lets not forget about North Alabama. Historically very competitive in D2. A couple years of recruiting D1 talent and there is no telling where they could be. I think the BSC in general will be much better in 2 years or so. Need to see CSU start playing competitively again. Watching a game now it is hard to believe we are a season and a half out of back to back BSC championships.

Looking forward to the Monmouth vs KSU game. I have watched both play several times this season. The eye test says KSU is the better overall team, but Monmouth has quick score potential. A couple big plays by Monmouth on O and a defensive turnover or special teams play could make this game a dog fight.

ksu_owls
November 9th, 2018, 11:26 AM
A lot of talk about Campbell being the next BSC contender, but lets not forget about North Alabama. Historically very competitive in D2. A couple years of recruiting D1 talent and there is no telling where they could be. I think the BSC in general will be much better in 2 years or so. Need to see CSU start playing competitively again. Watching a game now it is hard to believe we are a season and a half out of back to back BSC championships.

Looking forward to the Monmouth vs KSU game. I have watched both play several times this season. The eye test says KSU is the better overall team, but Monmouth has quick score potential. A couple big plays by Monmouth on O and a defensive turnover or special teams play could make this game a dog fight.

I totally agree that it is possible-- I just see this being a 3 score game in favor of KSU. That's the opinion of a fan, I know Coach Bo has those boys laser focused and they are going in expecting a dog fight. Good point on North Alabama. A rising tide lifts all ships... I hope the creek at Campbell and the, whatever they have in NA, helps the entire conference become stronger. It would be nice to get to a place where finishing 2nd or 3rd in the BSC isn't embarrassing.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 10th, 2018, 12:57 AM
How To Watch Kennesaw State/Monmouth and Fearless Prediction:

https://www.college-sports-journal.com/csj-2018-week-11-preview-kennesaw-state-at-monmouth-how-to-watch-and-fearless-prediction/

SU DOG
November 10th, 2018, 07:30 AM
I totally agree that it is possible-- I just see this being a 3 score game in favor of KSU. That's the opinion of a fan, I know Coach Bo has those boys laser focused and they are going in expecting a dog fight. Good point on North Alabama. A rising tide lifts all ships... I hope the creek at Campbell and the, whatever they have in NA, helps the entire conference become stronger. It would be nice to get to a place where finishing 2nd or 3rd in the BSC isn't embarrassing.

Agree completely about Campbell and North Alabama. As to what they have in NA - Florence is on the banks of the Tennessee River.xnodx

FUBeAR
November 10th, 2018, 08:18 AM
Agree completely about Campbell and North Alabama. As to what they have in NA - Florence is on the banks of the Tennessee River.xnodxThey’ve also got The Swampers, yes they do. That’s what Lynyrd told me.

Professor Chaos
November 10th, 2018, 11:04 AM
The Monmouth announcer just told me that Chandler Burks owns every Kennesaw St passing record. Amazing!

TheKingpin28
November 10th, 2018, 11:08 AM
The Monmouth announcer just told me that Chandler Burks owns every Kennesaw St passing record. Amazing!

It's that kind of insightful commentary I luisten for when I watch a game. xlolx

Professor Chaos
November 10th, 2018, 11:12 AM
Monmouth's right DE looks like he's lining up offsides on pretty much every play.

ksu_owls
November 10th, 2018, 11:17 AM
Pretty easy opening drive. Let’s see if the D can set the tone early.

FUBeAR
November 10th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Handheld camera or playing this game during an earthquake?

katss07
November 10th, 2018, 11:27 AM
Great drive by MU, the Owls defense couldn’t stop them on TWO fourth downs. Tie game

ksu_owls
November 10th, 2018, 11:28 AM
I like Monmouth’s aggressive play calling! Two 4th down conversions... we gota play much better D but looks like they are going all out.

Bison56
November 10th, 2018, 11:32 AM
Handheld camera or playing this game during an earthquake?

katss07
November 10th, 2018, 11:37 AM
Nice defensive stand by the Hawks. Monmouth has turned the tides here early. They’ll take the football back deep in their own territory. 7-7

ksu_owls
November 10th, 2018, 11:40 AM
That holding call that brought the TD back hurt, obviously lol. This game was 21-21 in the second quarter last year and we ended up winning 52-21. Maybe we can just go ahead and do the 31 unanswered points thing. Monmouth came to play though!

JSUSoutherner
November 10th, 2018, 11:46 AM
How is a New Jersey school in the Big "South"?

katss07
November 10th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Hawks offense looking really good. I’m very impressed with the passing attack, Reggie White Jr is a beast but the rushing attack has been good too. Apparently Monmouth has a strong Offense Line. Owls need an answer!

kdinva
November 10th, 2018, 11:49 AM
How is a New Jersey school in the Big "South"?

lots of "that" going around..........Colorado: Pac12......Mizzou and Tex A&M: SEC.....Louisville: ACC.....Cal Poly: BigSky.....

- - - Updated - - -

Professor Chaos
November 10th, 2018, 11:51 AM
Take a drink every time the color analyst says "sudden change".

And apparently he's never understood why kickers drill onsides kicks into the ground. The ball has to hit the ground or the receiving team has to touch it before the kicking team can recover it. I'm pretty sure that should've been an illegal touching penalty on Monmouth.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 10th, 2018, 11:55 AM
Monmouth is playing very good defense after that 1st scoring drive.

They keep playing like this, they win this game.

ksu_owls
November 10th, 2018, 12:04 PM
Monmouth is playing very good defense after that 1st scoring drive.

They keep playing like this, they win this game.

If KSU keeps playing like this they win. I’m impressed with how they came out swinging but I don’t think we’ve seen KSU’s best yet. Anything can happen!

JSUSoutherner
November 10th, 2018, 12:08 PM
If KSU keeps playing like this they win. I’m impressed with how they came out swinging but I don’t think we’ve seen KSU’s best yet. Anything can happen!

You better ****ing win.

TheKingpin28
November 10th, 2018, 12:10 PM
You better ****ing win.

JSU is Charmin xlolx

Lorne_Malvo
November 10th, 2018, 12:13 PM
The camera work makes this game unwatchable.

kdinva
November 10th, 2018, 12:27 PM
Kenny gets a late FG, leads at halftime 17-14.......

ksu_owls
November 10th, 2018, 12:29 PM
Kenny gets a late FG, leads at halftime 17-14.......

Our defense finally looked good towards the end of the 2nd. Did you guys see our “hurry up” offense? Lol we are not a shotgun team but hey, we got the FG.

TheKingpin28
November 10th, 2018, 12:37 PM
Our defense finally looked good towards the end of the 2nd. Did you guys see our “hurry up” offense? Lol we are not a shotgun team but hey, we got the FG.

So what you're saying is, that when you finally play a team that is competent on both sides of the ball, KSU will likely crumble?

JSUSoutherner
November 10th, 2018, 12:38 PM
So what you're saying is, that when you finally play a team that is competent on both sides of the ball, KSU will likely crumble?

Lucky for them our OL is ass.

ksu_owls
November 10th, 2018, 12:40 PM
I said we aren’t a shotgun team? I think we can hang with anyone. I don’t think we can beat everyone but I guess anything is possible.

TheKingpin28
November 10th, 2018, 12:40 PM
Lucky for them our OL is ass.

And that's why you are Charmin. :D

In all seriousness though, KSU looks bad compared to what we (AGS) have been ranking them. I will likely drop them from 3, even if they win.

TheKingpin28
November 10th, 2018, 12:42 PM
I said we aren’t a shotgun team? I think we can hang with anyone. I don’t think we can beat everyone but I guess anything is possible.

You are struggling against Monmouth, who, by all measure, is not a threat in the FCS playoffs. The thing is, should you go down in the score, you will need to pass, and KSU is not a passing team. Look at how the TO works against teams who play a solid defense. It doesn't.

ksu_owls
November 10th, 2018, 12:48 PM
You are struggling against Monmouth, who, by all measure, is not a threat in the FCS playoffs. The thing is, should you go down in the score, you will need to pass, and KSU is not a passing team. Look at how the TO works against teams who play a solid defense. It doesn't.

We got off to a slow start. NDSU looked pretty bad against a YSU team that doesn’t know when it’s 4th down. Let’s see how the game ends up before we over analyze anything. I also believe you don’t have to be in a hurry up shotgun offense to pass the ball, we pass the ball efficiently for what we do.

TheKingpin28
November 10th, 2018, 12:48 PM
We got off to a slow start. NDSU looked pretty bad against a YSU team that doesn’t know when it’s 4th down. Let’s see how the game ends up before we over analyze anything. I also believe you don’t have to be in a hurry up shotgun offense to pass the ball, we pass the ball efficiently for what we do.

I think you are missing what I am saying but we will just have to see how the game plays out.

BisonBacker
November 10th, 2018, 01:08 PM
Monmouth players dropping like fly's

ksu_owls
November 10th, 2018, 01:21 PM
In all seriousness though, KSU looks bad compared to what we (AGS) have been ranking them. I will likely drop them from 3, even if they win.

If you would have stayed for the second half you might have a different opinion.

TheKingpin28
November 10th, 2018, 01:26 PM
If you would have stayed for the second half you might have a different opinion.

You mean I lit a fire under them and they decided to show up? xcoffeex

BisonBacker
November 10th, 2018, 01:31 PM

Color me not impressed.

ksu_owls
November 10th, 2018, 01:33 PM
You mean I lit a fire under them and they decided to show up? xcoffeex
Lol we need you every week if that’s the case!

I expect to see 2nd/3rd string Now that we are up 24. So if MU finally scores again don’t hold it against us too much ;)

TheKingpin28
November 10th, 2018, 01:34 PM
Lol we need you every week if that’s the case!

I expect to see 2nd/3rd string Now that we are up 24. So if MU finally scores again don’t hold it against us too much ;)

I mean, ever since my stache was more impressive than Brock Spack's, they have lost every game. It's just who I am.

ksu_owls
November 10th, 2018, 01:36 PM
Color me not impressed.

I agree it wasn’t an impressive game. But there’s a huge difference between the 1st and 2nd half. A bad team wouldn’t have responded like KSU did. It would have been a slugfest/shootout. That’s worth something.

BisonBacker
November 10th, 2018, 01:40 PM
I agree it wasn’t an impressive game. But there’s a huge difference between the 1st and 2nd half. A bad team wouldn’t have responded like KSU did. It would have been a slugfest/shootout. That’s worth something.

This was the first game I took a look at you guys this year. Don't get me wrong yes you should beat those teams and you can only play who is on your schedule. Just looking at the conference as a whole just not seeing it. But you will get your chance again in the playoffs to show what you are made of.

ksu_owls
November 10th, 2018, 01:47 PM
This was the first game I took a look at you guys this year. Don't get me wrong yes you should beat those teams and you can only play who is on your schedule. Just looking at the conference as a whole just not seeing it. But you will get your chance again in the playoffs to show what you are made of.

That’s what I love about FCS. I’ve only been watching games for 4 years but 24 different teams get a chance every season!

I’m excited to see how we play in the playoffs. Maybe we are good? Lol we’ll find out before long.

Pards Rule
November 11th, 2018, 12:42 PM
I was shocked by halftime score with KSU up only 3 but then again I was shocked Army and Lafayette tied after 1 at 3-3..Things have a way of going in the second half. BTW, we were only down 17-6 at half to Army, ended 31-13.

ksu_owls
November 11th, 2018, 01:01 PM
I was shocked by halftime score with KSU up only 3 but then again I was shocked Army and Lafayette tied after 1 at 3-3..Things have a way of going in the second half. BTW, we were only down 17-6 at half to Army, ended 31-13.

I don’t have an explanation for why we played poorly in the first half but scoring 44 unanswered points to end the game made up for it. If we can get a two score win against JSU I’ll be thrilled and expect a top 4 seed this time next week while we watch the selection show.

BurialGround
November 11th, 2018, 02:01 PM
Hats off to Monmouth. They came out the way they should have when playing for a conference title on their home field. Great effort, great gameplan, they have quite a few weapons on offense and threw everything at us in the first half. We didn't come out with a ton of energy and Monmouth gave us a scare early on. Huge thanks to them. We needed that wake-up call now, heading into JSU and the playoffs, and we're gonna be better off for it. One bad half doesn't make a bad team, and we're better than we were last year. Can't wait for the playoffs.