PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick'Em - Week 11

DFW HOYA
November 5th, 2018, 02:55 AM
Colgate has clinched the PL bid the the playoffs and clinches the title outright with a win over Lehigh or a Georgetown loss to Bucknell.

Nov 10 games:

Fordham (1-8, 1-3) at Holy Cross (3-6, 2-2), 12 noon
Lafayette (3-6, 2-3) at Army (7-2), 12 noon
Colgate (8-0, 5-0) at Lehigh (2-7, 1-3), 12:30
Bucknell (1-8, 1-3) at Georgetown (4-5, 3-1), 12:30

Ivytalk
November 5th, 2018, 05:01 AM
Holy Cross
Army
Colgate (but will it be another shutout?)
Georgetown

PeacockRaider
November 5th, 2018, 08:15 AM
Holy Cross 35-7, Wade has a big day throwing for 4 td's.
Army 63-3, It could get ugly at Michie Stadium. Hopefully the Cadets get over confident after throttling a Patriot League foe.
Georgetown 28-14. The Hoya's with their best season since the MAAC days.
Lehigh 3-0. 'Gate reaches the end zone 6 times but each apparent score is called back for penalty. The potential go ahead score negated due to Holland handing the ball to rough to the official. Lehigh game winning FG sails wide left but is incorrectly signaled good for the 3-0 upset.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 5th, 2018, 09:23 AM
Lehigh 3-0. 'Gate reaches the end zone 6 times but each apparent score is called back for penalty. The potential go ahead score negated due to Holland handing the ball to rough to the official. Lehigh game winning FG sails wide left but is incorrectly signaled good for the 3-0 upset.

You forgot "Colgate fumbles the ball away on the potential game-winning drive." Don't forget that part about your prediction

ColgateTD
November 5th, 2018, 11:38 AM
Holy Cross - 21-13 - home court advantage.
Army - 47-12 - Pards not going to make it an upset this week.
Georgetown - 17-6 - Picking a team with a little offense over a team that shows little O.
Colgate - 28-17 - always tough going down to Allentown; LU keeps it interesting but the 4th quarter is a bridge too far for the Ngineers.

PAllen
November 5th, 2018, 11:48 AM
Holy Cross
Army
Colgate (but will it be another shutout?)
Georgetown

This.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 5th, 2018, 12:43 PM
Georgetown - 17-6 - Picking a team with a little offense over a team that shows little O.
Colgate - 28-17 - always tough going down to Allentown; LU keeps it interesting but the 4th quarter is a bridge too far for the Ngineers.

If Colgate heads to Allentown I really like Lehigh's chances! Muhlenburg is a Top 25 D3 team this year but I think the Raiders can handle them :D

Lehigh Football Nation
November 5th, 2018, 12:46 PM
If Colgate heads to Allentown I really like Lehigh's chances! Muhlenburg is a Top 25 D3 team this year but I think the Raiders can handle them :D

Hacking Colgate's navigation system to have them go to a different venue, like, say, Furman, is an extremely strong Lehigh strategy

TheValleyRaider
November 5th, 2018, 05:13 PM
1-2. Worst week of the season. For picking, I mean. The rest of it went just fine. 33-13 with two weeks to go.

Fordham at Holy Cross Holy Cross The Crusaders have shown some improvement over the season, and have looked good in two blowout wins. The Rams have had a few close calls, but seem to follow that up with backsliding. Some of that may be the schedule, but it's probably also a sign of a team still figuring it out who it is. By this point of the campaign, the Cross seems to know.

Lafayette at Army Army Army opens its Patriot League slate, coming off a big win over rival Air Force. The Leopards had been looking better, but that loss to the Crusaders will sting. It won't be what makes the difference here, but hopefully the Lafayette faithful that make the trip enjoy the last bit of fall foliage on the Hudson.

Colgate at Lehigh Colgate Where was that Lehigh team all season? Bucknell isn't very good, but this does reinforce a concern of mine that bad Lehigh is still wounded-animal-dangerous. This Colgate team, meanwhile, has been focused all season on dealing with the game in front of them, and I expect this week to be no difference, not with a chance at a perfect League slate and FCS schedule on the table. I'm not gutsy enough to pick another shutout, but there's enough pride on the defense to put in a pretty good effort to that effect. Question for Hawk fans: if Lehigh is competitive here, and follows up with a win over Lafayette, does that save Coen's job?

Bucknell at Georgetown Georgetown Dreams of a .500 season are in Hoya heads, and with good reason. They've had a bye to get set for this one, and the Bison have looked relatively toothless as of late. Does the Georgetown team that has slayed the Lehigh dragon fall short here? Doubtful.

PAllen
November 6th, 2018, 06:37 AM
if Lehigh is competitive here, and follows up with a win over Lafayette, does that save Coen's job?

Probably, but I really hope not. I'll take the win over Lafayette if we can get it regardless, but I really hope that this "turn around" doesn't save this staff for yet another year of "improvement".

carney2
November 6th, 2018, 07:06 AM
Fordham (1-8, 1-3) at Holy Cross (3-6, 2-2), 12 noon - The Rams look every bit like a one win team. The Cross looks better than a three.

Lafayette (3-6, 2-3) at Army (7-2), 12 noon - No vote should ever be unanimous, no matter how ridiculous.

Colgate (8-0, 5-0) at Lehigh (2-7, 1-3), 12:30 - Even if the Stained Undies had a late October wake up call, it won't be nearly enough.

Bucknell (1-8, 1-3) at Georgetown (4-5, 3-1), 12:30 - It's time to admit that Joe Susan hasn't accomplished much in Buffalo.

van
November 6th, 2018, 07:21 AM
1-2. Worst week of the season. For picking, I mean. The rest of it went just fine. 33-13 with two weeks to go.

Fordham at Holy Cross Holy Cross The Crusaders have shown some improvement over the season, and have looked good in two blowout wins. The Rams have had a few close calls, but seem to follow that up with backsliding. Some of that may be the schedule, but it's probably also a sign of a team still figuring it out who it is. By this point of the campaign, the Cross seems to know.

Lafayette at Army Army Army opens its Patriot League slate, coming off a big win over rival Air Force. The Leopards had been looking better, but that loss to the Crusaders will sting. It won't be what makes the difference here, but hopefully the Lafayette faithful that make the trip enjoy the last bit of fall foliage on the Hudson.

Colgate at Lehigh Colgate Where was that Lehigh team all season? Bucknell isn't very good, but this does reinforce a concern of mine that bad Lehigh is still wounded-animal-dangerous. This Colgate team, meanwhile, has been focused all season on dealing with the game in front of them, and I expect this week to be no difference, not with a chance at a perfect League slate and FCS schedule on the table. I'm not gutsy enough to pick another shutout, but there's enough pride on the defense to put in a pretty good effort to that effect. Question for Hawk fans: if Lehigh is competitive here, and follows up with a win over Lafayette, does that save Coen's job?

Bucknell at Georgetown Georgetown Dreams of a .500 season are in Hoya heads, and with good reason. They've had a bye to get set for this one, and the Bison have looked relatively toothless as of late. Does the Georgetown team that has slayed the Lehigh dragon fall short here? Doubtful.

my picks also

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 6th, 2018, 08:03 AM
I am hoping my Cadets put 70 points on the board. No mercy. Keep the pedal down. Keep the focus. I want some points and to see the cheerleaders/cadets go hundreds of push-ups.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 6th, 2018, 08:59 AM
I am hoping my Cadets put 70 points on the board. No mercy. Keep the pedal down. Keep the focus. I want some points and to see the cheerleaders/cadets go hundreds of push-ups.

Army should put a pretty good physical, and perhaps mental, whooping on Lafayette. I wouldn't be surprised if the Leopards end up losing a few more players than usual to injury due to being completely outmatched. I know Lehigh has to deal with Colgate before next week's game with Lafayette but that's a helluva lot better than dealing with an stout Army team in West Point.

kdinva
November 6th, 2018, 10:56 AM
Fordham 13 at Holy Cross 28
Lafayette 6 at Army 63
Colgate 42 at Lehigh 7
Bucknell 20 at Georgetown 27

Lehigh Football Nation
November 6th, 2018, 11:04 AM
Why aren't the Lafayette/Army games bigger deals for the Lafayette football fans? I know that Lafayette beating Army or Lehigh beating Navy are (let's just say) unlikely, but a day in Annapolis or a day at Michie is something every college football fan ought to do once in their lives. It's one of those things that transcends a bad record, at least to me.

DFW HOYA
November 6th, 2018, 11:48 AM
Why aren't the Lafayette/Army games bigger deals for the Lafayette football fans? I know that Lafayette beating Army or Lehigh beating Navy are (let's just say) unlikely, but a day in Annapolis or a day at Michie is something every college football fan ought to do once in their lives. It's one of those things that transcends a bad record, at least to me.

Agreed. A trip up the Hudson to West Point sure beats a trip up the Hudson to, say, Poughkeepsie.

Franks Tanks
November 6th, 2018, 12:19 PM

We are all exhausted by 9 straight losing seasons, and a team that doesn’t seem to be improving much at the end of year 2 of Garrett. Throwing the ball 40-50 times a game for 180 yards. Reports of turmoil and discontent among coaches and players ... again. In short we have driven away casual fans and many of the more hardcore as well. We’ve been disappointed and told things will be better next too many times. We are angry or we just don’t care any longer. It’s a shame but here we are, and you will see it next weekend in Easton.

Sader87
November 6th, 2018, 12:24 PM
Holy Cross played Army nearly annually in the 70s and 80s...wonderful memories of going to West Point as a kid and college student. Agree, trip there for a game should be on every fan's bucket list

Gate83
November 6th, 2018, 12:35 PM

I've been to games at four of the five service academies (Merchant Marine for rugby) & have always had a great time. Saw a couple of Gate wins at Army back in the '80's, and it really made no difference to the experience overall, which is inspiring. I'll be at West Point next week, and expect a good Gate crowd on hand... and expect Army to being doing a number of pushups regardless of our current defensive statistics.

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 6th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Holy Cross played Army nearly annually in the 70s and 80s...wonderful memories of going to West Point as a kid and college student. Agree, trip there for a game should be on every fan's bucket list

I want Holy Cross back on the schedule. Forget about playing Lafayette. Bleh. Give me some Crusaders.Badass name.

Go...gate
November 6th, 2018, 05:13 PM
I've been to games at four of the five service academies (Merchant Marine for rugby) & have always had a great time. Saw a couple of Gate wins at Army back in the '80's, and it really made no difference to the experience overall, which is inspiring. I'll be at West Point next week, and expect a good Gate crowd on hand... and expect Army to being doing a number of pushups regardless of our current defensive statistics.

Yep.

bonarae
November 6th, 2018, 05:25 PM
Holy Cross
Army
Colgate
Georgetown

DFW HOYA
November 6th, 2018, 06:09 PM
I want Holy Cross back on the schedule. Forget about playing Lafayette. Bleh.

To its credit, the Cadets will have played four of the seven PL schools this decade.

And yes, Georgetown has to get in the rotation at some point. The PL is not well served by Columbia and Marist as the pillars of any non-conference schedule.

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 7th, 2018, 08:11 AM
To its credit, the Cadets will have played four of the seven PL schools this decade.

And yes, Georgetown has to get in the rotation at some point. The PL is not well served by Columbia and Marist as the pillars of any non-conference schedule.

No, thanks. We have no decent history with Georgetown. Too many Patriot League teams on the schedule.

Franks Tanks
November 7th, 2018, 09:12 AM
No, thanks. We have no decent history with Georgetown. Too many Patriot League teams on the schedule.

Army has been pretty darn good the last 2 or 3 years, but let’s not get too cocky.

I remember 2002 when Army lost to 4-7 Holy Cross. Lafayette beat that same Cross team 42-0. Yale, Fordham and getting destroyed by the likes of UNH and Stoney Brook.

kdinva
November 7th, 2018, 09:23 AM
but a day in Annapolis or a day at Michie is something every college football fan ought to do once in their lives. It's one of those things that transcends a bad record, at least to me.

+1 xthumbsupx

DFW HOYA
November 7th, 2018, 10:47 AM

Georgetown has no decent history with anyone.

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 7th, 2018, 01:32 PM
Army has been pretty darn good the last 2 or 3 years, but let’s not get too cocky.

I remember 2002 when Army lost to 4-7 Holy Cross. Lafayette beat that same Cross team 42-0. Yale, Fordham and getting destroyed by the likes of UNH and Stoney Brook.

My stance has nothing to do with our competitive abilities. Few Patriot League interest myself or the fan base. 2 FCS games are one too many. I prefer a rotation of Fordham, Citadel and VMI myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Georgetown has no decent history with anyone.

SFU/Georgetown should start a series. We both need games.

DFW HOYA
November 7th, 2018, 02:20 PM
SFU/Georgetown should start a series. We both need games.

Nothing against the fine folks of Loretto, but that's not what the program needs. Georgetown suffers from a lack of visible opponents that lead many alumni to distance, or at the very least, ignore the team because its schedules lead to one continuous yawn among the ticket buying public. Even a game with Harvard at RFK Stadium was rejected by the city at large.This leads opponents to look across the field (or look at the gate receipts) and ask why it's worth playing them in the first place. Lest we forget, St. Francis has not returned the game back to Washington it played in 2015.

As for Army, I would like to see more games in the rotation with other military colleges incl. Texas A&M and Virginia Tech. The Citadel and VMI should be a given.

PAllen
November 7th, 2018, 03:41 PM
Nothing against the fine folks of Loretto, but that's not what the program needs. Georgetown suffers from a lack of visible opponents that lead many alumni to distance, or at the very least, ignore the team because its schedules lead to one continuous yawn among the ticket buying public. Even a game with Harvard at RFK Stadium was rejected by the city at large.This leads opponents to look across the field (or look at the gate receipts) and ask why it's worth playing them in the first place. Lest we forget, St. Francis has not returned the game back to Washington it played in 2015.

As for Army, I would like to see more games in the rotation with other military colleges incl. Texas A&M and Virginia Tech. The Citadel and VMI should be a given.

What you continue to fail to comprehend is that GU brings nothing to the table for all of the above except VMI or maybe The Citadel as a guarantee game.

carney2
November 8th, 2018, 08:07 AM
Changing the subject - but only for this brief moment if I know you people - there is a strong, and growing, mood of discontent with John Garrett at Lafayette:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/lafayettesports/holy-cross-post-mortem-t4307.html

This is Lafayette, so there is zero chance that Garrett is on any kind of a hot seat. Still, it makes one think about the time he was hired and a thought that was lurking in the background:

How does a guy with his resume and his contacts get to his fifties before being offered his first head coaching job? Mayhaps a lot of "in the know" people actually knew what they were doing - or, in this case, not doing.

DFW HOYA
November 8th, 2018, 10:35 AM
Changing the subject - but only for this brief moment if I know you people - there is a strong, and growing, mood of discontent with John Garrett at Lafayette:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/lafayettesports/holy-cross-post-mortem-t4307.html

This is Lafayette, so there is zero chance that Garrett is on any kind of a hot seat. Still, it makes one think about the time he was hired and a thought that was lurking in the background:

How does a guy with his resume and his contacts get to his fifties before being offered his first head coaching job? Mayhaps a lot of "in the know" people actually knew what they were doing - or, in this case, not doing.

Not a good week for the Garretts. But as long as "management" isn't looking to make change, no changes will follow.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/11/6/18068396/dallas-cowboys-jason-garrett-fire-him-dak-prescott-ezekiel-elliott

Sader87
November 8th, 2018, 01:02 PM
Garrett is only in his second year at Lafayette. If they beat Lehigh, they'll finish at 4-7....up from 3-8 last year and 2-9 in Tavani's last season.

I think a lot of the vitriol stems from how bad HC beat the Pards last week...HC looks to be hitting its stride this season, wasn't an optimal time to play the Saders last week.

Leopard Loyalist
November 8th, 2018, 01:16 PM
Back to predictions. (We are likely only in the early stages of the Coach Garrett soap opera at LC, after all. We prefer long-running melodramas.)
This weeks should prove to be easier than last week:
Fordham (1-8, 1-3) at Holy Cross (3-6, 2-2), 12 noon
Lafayette (3-6, 2-3) at Army (7-2), 12 noon
Colgate (8-0, 5-0) at Lehigh (2-7, 1-3), 12:30
Bucknell (1-8, 1-3) at Georgetown (4-5, 3-1), 12:30

ngineer
November 8th, 2018, 08:20 PM
Colgate - 28-17 - always tough going down to Bethlehem; LU keeps it interesting but the 4th quarter is a bridge too far for the Ngineers.

Fixed it for ya.

ngineer
November 8th, 2018, 08:32 PM
Crusaders appear to have found their horses and should run by the Rams. 38-17.

Leotards will be lucky to return with their spots. Black Knights 45-7

Bucky gets stymied by the Potomac. Hoyas smell a winning season. Hoyas 24-16.

Raiders looking for revenge and should be loaded for bear to make a statement at Goodman. Only real question will be whether Lehigh can give them a fight and score some TD's. If Lehigh can get some early stops and build up its confidence, a good game could develop. A couple quick scores by 'gate without a response will lead to a rout. I will split the difference and call the game 35-24 for the Raiders.

RichH2
November 8th, 2018, 09:15 PM
Crusaders appear to have found their horses and should run by the Rams. 38-17.

Leotards will be lucky to return with their spots. Black Knights 45-7

Bucky gets stymied by the Potomac. Hoyas smell a winning season. Hoyas 24-16.

Raiders looking for revenge and should be loaded for bear to make a statement at Goodman. Only real question will be whether Lehigh can give them a fight and score some TD's. If Lehigh can get some early stops and build up its confidence, a good game could develop. A couple quick scores by 'gate without a response will lead to a rout. I will split the difference and call the game 35-24 for the Raiders.

Me too. Much more eloquently than I am apt to write it.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 8th, 2018, 09:33 PM
Lots of heat in that Lafayette thread about Garrett but Lafayette is still a relatively young team that is learning. I'd tend to agree that if it happens, a 4-7 year would be a success for the Pards and a stepping stone back toward championships.

I kind of find it funny that Lafayette has won 3 of their last 5 yet the sky is falling to their fan base. It reminds me of fans of some other team. Can't possibly figure out whose.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 9th, 2018, 12:37 AM
Colgate’s Big Red Blanket Heads To Lehigh To Continue Their Business Of Winning

https://www.college-sports-journal.com/colgates-big-red-blanket-heads-to-lehigh-to-continue-their-business-of-winning/

carney2
November 9th, 2018, 07:45 AM
This week's odds:

Holy Cross 20 over Fordham
Georgetown 9 over Bucknell
Colgate 32 1/2 over Lehigh
Lafayette @ Army - no line

carney2
November 9th, 2018, 07:58 AM
I kind of find it funny that Lafayette has won 3 of their last 5 yet the sky is falling to their fan base. It reminds me of fans of some other team. Can't possibly figure out whose.

With that "other team" it is almost solely about wins and losses. At Lafayette it's becoming a serious discussion of Coach Garrett because losing has become a way of life in Easton:

Game day decisions, of course: incredibly bull-headed and stupid handling of the QB situation, bad play calling, etc., etc.
The "does not work and play well with others" rumors have resurfaced. Many are expecting a second consecutive year of huge turnover in the coaching staff.
Invisible recruiting for the current year.

ngineer
November 9th, 2018, 11:08 AM
With that "other team" it is almost solely about wins and losses. At Lafayette it's becoming a serious discussion of Coach Garrett because losing has become a way of life in Easton:

Game day decisions, of course: incredibly bull-headed and stupid handling of the QB situation, bad play calling, etc., etc.
The "does not work and play well with others" rumors have resurfaced. Many are expecting a second consecutive year of huge turnover in the coaching staff.
Invisible recruiting for the current year.

Not surprised. When you see how often Garrett has moved around, it usually tells you something and it is usually not good.

ngineer
November 9th, 2018, 11:16 AM
Colgate’s Big Red Blanket Heads To Lehigh To Continue Their Business Of Winning

https://www.college-sports-journal.com/colgates-big-red-blanket-heads-to-lehigh-to-continue-their-business-of-winning/

Nice article. Captures the scene pretty well. Also sets the stage for some real irony if we can somehow pull of the 'upset of the century', bookending the Raider's streak.

RichH2
November 9th, 2018, 12:33 PM
Nice article. Captures the scene pretty well. Also sets the stage for some real irony if we can somehow pull of the 'upset of the century', bookending the Raider's streak.

That would be epic.Irony would indeed rule the day.
I'll be quite pleased with a competitive game. Less monumental but satisfying.

Bill
November 9th, 2018, 01:57 PM
I enter this week at a stunning 39-8. Here's another go at this:

Fordham (1-8, 1-3) at Holy Cross (3-6, 2-2)
Lafayette (3-6, 2-3) at Army (7-2)
Colgate (8-0, 5-0) at Lehigh (2-7, 1-3)
Bucknell (1-8, 1-3) at Georgetown (4-5, 3-1)

Go...gate
November 9th, 2018, 03:35 PM
Holy Cross 23, Fordham 13

Army 52, Lafayette 7

Colgate 24, Lehigh 19

Georgetown 12, Bucknell 7

Bonus Pick:

Princeton 28, Yale 24

Lehigh Football Nation
November 9th, 2018, 04:43 PM
This week's odds:

Holy Cross 20 over Fordham
Georgetown 9 over Bucknell
Colgate 32 1/2 over Lehigh
Lafayette @ Army - no line

Cross
Georgetown
Army
....... Lehigh covers the spread but loses

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 11:03 AM
Army 70 Lafayette 17
Holy Cross 38 Fordham 17
Georgetown 21 Bucknell 13
Colgate 38 Lehigh 13

TheValleyRaider
November 10th, 2018, 11:38 AM
Underway in Bethlehem

Colgate 0
Lehigh 0

TheValleyRaider
November 10th, 2018, 11:46 AM
Attwood in at QB for Colgate, no Breneman so far.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 11:50 AM
Mayes has had guys open but haven't been able to connect.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 11:58 AM
TD 'Gate. Lehigh will not have an answer for their ground game. LU DL continues to be outmatched....

TheValleyRaider
November 10th, 2018, 12:00 PM
Holland in for the TOUCHDOWN! Attwood throws 2 passes, otherwise it is almost all Holland (he even caught one of those passes) as the Raiders run it down the field.

7-0 Colgate
1st

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 12:06 PM
Take your chances with 4th and 3!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 12:07 PM
Why would you do that!?!? You lost filed position and limited your chance to get the 1st down. Getting 16 yards against Colgate is hard enough.

TheValleyRaider
November 10th, 2018, 12:09 PM
Raiders driving, almost exclusively on the ground

Colgate 7
Lehigh 0
End 1st

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 12:14 PM
This is going to be a bloodbath. Lehigh's run defense is atrocious and 'Gate can run well.

TheValleyRaider
November 10th, 2018, 12:15 PM
Holland again, from 10 yards out, another TOUCHDOWN!!

Snap fumbled on the extra point, so no good

13-0 Colgate
12:35 2nd

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 12:22 PM
I'm pretty sure Lehigh has run every 1st down except the 1st and 20. Colgate's D is good but you can clearly pass on them if the WR's win the 1 on 1s.

- - - Updated - - -

There goes 'Gates TD streak! TD Lehigh on a great pass to Falcone.

Mish misses another kick. He his extremely unreliable as a FG kicker.

TheValleyRaider
November 10th, 2018, 12:23 PM
Mayes had time, found Falcone deep for the touchdown. Mish missed the PAT, but the Hawks are on the board

13-6 Colgate
9:43 2nd

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 12:31 PM
I don't under stand why Breneman isn't playing. Key series with 'Gate getting the second half kickoff..

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 12:37 PM
Huge sequence on the punt return. Lehigh had a chance on the fumble following the big return...

TheValleyRaider
November 10th, 2018, 12:38 PM
Big return from Sizer sets up a short field, Matthews finishes off the drive with a touchdown run

20-6 Colgate
4:42 2nd

Franks Tanks
November 10th, 2018, 12:44 PM
Army up 17-6 at the half. Pards are overmatched but playing tough. Hopefully the final will be in the 45-13 range. A respectable showing all things considered.

Franks Tanks
November 10th, 2018, 12:47 PM
Spoke too soon. Terrible punt blocked and returned for TD by Army.

Ramblin' Man
November 10th, 2018, 12:52 PM
Fordham-Holy Cross: Rams up 10-0 at the half. Andrew Mevis 55 yard FG.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 12:54 PM
If he's short 'Gate has to go for it. No way will the Lehigh D stop them...

TheValleyRaider
November 10th, 2018, 12:56 PM
Ives with the stretch...just short. Last play before the half, Holland punches it in again

27-6 Colgate
Halftime

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 12:58 PM
Ives with the stretch...just short. Last play before the half, Holland punches it in again

27-6 Colgate
Halftime

Colgate just doing what they need to against a bad Lehigh team. Colgate really hasn't done anything spectacular. They're running the ball predictably against a bad run D and the Lehigh offense can't execute when there's plays to be had. I don't understand why Attwood is playing but that's on Hunt.

TheValleyRaider
November 10th, 2018, 12:58 PM
Solid half, though not really sure what to make of Attwood starting. Clearly keeping the ball on the ground, which has been plenty effective. Attwood 4 of 9 passing, which feels like more throws than I remember seeing.

Defense did give up a touchdown and has had the benefit of some receivers slipping and dropping the ball. Overall, though, it's hard to read too much into the game overall. Colgate is playing well, should finish this off.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 10th, 2018, 01:07 PM
The word is Breneman has a shoulder. Might just be soreness. No need to bring him back in the second half, surely. I didn't get the impression it was serious.

Franks Tanks
November 10th, 2018, 01:09 PM
Princeton 42
Yale 7

4 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Holy Crap!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 10th, 2018, 01:10 PM
Princeton 42
Yale 7

Unsurprised.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 01:11 PM
Princeton 42
Yale 7

Princeton is ridiculous good! Watching them and Dartmouth relative to Colgate this year I think the IL has the PL number by a decent amount. Princeton might be Top 5 good. Colgate is going to have trouble against CAA athletes in the playoffs.

TheValleyRaider
November 10th, 2018, 01:12 PM
The word is Breneman has a shoulder. Might just be soreness. No need to bring him back in the second half, surely. I didn't get the impression it was serious.

Well, if he's only got one shoulder, that feels like a pretty big problem xreadx

TheValleyRaider
November 10th, 2018, 01:22 PM
Attwood goes downfield for Ives, this time he gets the score. Attwood looking a little better throwing, which is nice to see I suppose

34-6 Colgate
12:05 3rd

Lehigh Football Nation
November 10th, 2018, 01:22 PM
Starting to think if you took Colgate and 32 1/2 points, you might be good

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 01:25 PM
Starting to think if you took Colgate and 32 1/2 points, you might be good

Especially with their propensity to quit. Colgate is good but I really want to see them play a legitimately good team. They just do their own thing while other teams just stink...

Franks Tanks
November 10th, 2018, 01:27 PM
TD Lafayette

31-13 Army

Nice long TD drive. We are actually running the ball pretty well.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 01:28 PM
TD Lafayette

31-13 Army

Nice long TD drive. We are actually running the ball pretty well.

Play like this next week and you'll perhaps send Coen out with a loss he'll remember for a long time.....

Southsider
November 10th, 2018, 01:31 PM
LU stinks. PERIOD!

TheValleyRaider
November 10th, 2018, 01:32 PM
Attwood takes this one in himself, another drive finishes with a score

41-6 Colgate
9:25 3rd

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 01:34 PM
LU stinks. PERIOD!

Think how bad Bucknell is!! That program wouldn't be good in D2!!

RichH2
November 10th, 2018, 01:35 PM
Well not getting the competitive game I'd hoped for. A true ass whupping.

Franks Tanks
November 10th, 2018, 01:37 PM
Think how bad Bucknell is!! That program wouldn't be good in D2!!

Ya, would be in the bottom half of the PSAC.

Southsider
November 10th, 2018, 01:39 PM
Coen was his usual clueless self at the half. “Kids competed well”. So, how soon after next week, win or lose, will it be before an announcement comes???

Southsider
November 10th, 2018, 01:43 PM
So glad I stayed home for this. Soooooooo painful.

TheValleyRaider
November 10th, 2018, 01:46 PM
Attwood again, this time on 4th and goal

48-6 Colgate
0:28 3rd

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 01:49 PM

Likewise, knew Lehigh had zero chance to make it interesting. They broke the TD streak before garbage time which wasn't surprising either. They have the players to win 1 on 1 battles. They just can't execute worth a darn.

The number of lopsided losses Lehigh has suffered this year is mindboggling. They're just a terrible football team who gets pushed around by anyone with a pulse. Their front seven 7 on defense is completely inept. I've never seen a worse run defense year in and year out.

TheValleyRaider
November 10th, 2018, 01:49 PM
15 minutes to go

Colgate 48
Lehigh 6
End 3rd

hawkineer
November 10th, 2018, 01:54 PM
So am I. Season ticket holder and have attended only two home games. If the team and university doesn't give a crap, why should I? If Coen is back next year, I won't be renewing. Given the lack of attendance at the Lafayette games recently, getting decent tickets for the game doesn't require being a season ticket holder any more. This is a complete embarrassment and Coen is beyond clueless. By the way, so is Matt Kerr. If says one more time during the radio broadcast, the last team to beat Colgate was Lehigh. Who cares?

Pard4Life
November 10th, 2018, 01:57 PM
Go Gate, run it up!!

Southsider
November 10th, 2018, 01:57 PM
LU can’t run, but hey, lets keep trying....so bad

Southsider
November 10th, 2018, 01:58 PM
Go Gate, run it up!!

We’re way past that point P4L.

Pard4Life
November 10th, 2018, 01:59 PM
Next week still a toss up since I don't trust our coach and QB... we have the better attitude by far... Simpson injured and will be out, big loss for Pards.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 02:01 PM
It's almost like Lehigh is not trying to score....

TheValleyRaider
November 10th, 2018, 02:01 PM
Lehigh gets deep, but Mayes throws a 4th down pick in the end zone

48-6 Colgate
6:49 4th

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 02:02 PM
LU can’t run, but hey, lets keep trying....so bad

What in the world were they trying to do? That's embarrassing.

Southsider
November 10th, 2018, 02:02 PM
Next week still a toss up since I don't trust our coach and QB... we have the better attitude by far... Simpson injured and will be out, big loss for Pards.

If Pards can’t step up this year and pull it out maybe they should drop the sport.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 02:04 PM
Georgetown 14 Bucknell 3 Final

Better odds to get fired, Coen or Susan? Or are they both cooked?

Southsider
November 10th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Just think how inept this O has been all year. No 2 back sets. No passes to TE. No screens to backs. Completely vanilla. Oh, and did I mention NO DEFENSE!

TheValleyRaider
November 10th, 2018, 02:11 PM
Raiders run out the clock, and a perfect PL campaign

Colgate 48
Lehigh 6
Final

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 02:14 PM
Raiders run out the clock, and a perfect PL campaign

Colgate 48
Lehigh 6
Final

Solid win! Colgate clearly dominated inferior PL competition to the fullest this year. Next week will be interesting against Army given how tough Lafayette played them. Monken will certainly have his team's attention. I really wish 'Gate played a legit FCS team that could push them in the regular season. You guys are truly the big unknown heading into the playoffs.

TheValleyRaider
November 10th, 2018, 02:15 PM
Not much else to really say in the 2nd half. Lehigh was just outmatched. Colgate didn't get too exotic offensively with the backup QB in. It feels weird to be disappointed about giving up a single touchdown, but otherwise they kept in control of this one.

Great season so far, but the road gets much tougher from here on out. To the banks of the Hudson we go

TheValleyRaider
November 10th, 2018, 02:17 PM
Solid win! Colgate clearly dominated inferior PL competition to the fullest this year. Next week will be interesting against Army given how tough Lafayette played them. Monken will certainly have his team's attention. I really wish 'Gate played a legit FCS team that could push them in the regular season. You guys are truly the big unknown heading into the playoffs.

I'm not even really sure what to make about the Army game, in terms of how this team stacks up. My guess is Army is the best team we'd see all season (including playoffs) short of running into NDSU. Add in their option offense, and what would it actually demonstrate if Colgate lost?

I would really like to see something from the playoff committee this week to see where Colgate ranks heading into the last week. Not saying they should be seeded (let the chips fall where they may), but very interested to see their thoughts with only an FBS game to go.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Lehigh losses since the start of 2017.
Villanova 35-38
Monmouth 27-46
Yale 28-56
Penn 47-65
Wagner 20-37
Fordham 32-45
Stony Brook 29-59
Villanova 9-31
Navy 21-51
Penn 10-30
Princeton 6-66
Fordham 14-43
Georgetown 16-22 2/OT
Holy Cross 0-56
Colgate 6-48

Lehigh been outscore 46-20 in their 15 most recent losses.

hawkineer
November 10th, 2018, 02:29 PM
Coen quote after the game "We just didn't do the little things well." Little things like tackle, catch the ball, throw the ball, run the ball, cover punts. Unbelievable.

ColgateTD
November 10th, 2018, 02:40 PM

Colgate Nation better enjoy this unbelievable season and PL Championship, cuz there are a boatload of excellent seniors on this team.....next year might not be so pretty (...but I hope I'm wrong) :-)

RichH2
November 10th, 2018, 02:43 PM
Congrats to Raiders. A dominant W. Good luck next week vs Army.

the last indian
November 10th, 2018, 02:48 PM
Coen quote after the game "We just didn't do the little things well." Little things like tackle, catch the ball, throw the ball, run the ball, cover punts. Unbelievable.

That is very funny. Sad, but funny. I think you can say good bye to Andy. After watching his pre game interview yesterday, I do think there is something wrong with him. He seemed to drift off mid sentence.

Pards Rule
November 10th, 2018, 02:50 PM
Congrats Raiders on undefeated PL and season - so far. Outmatched Lafayette only gave up 24 on defense to Army (final was 31-13) and LC punter kicked the ball into the helmet of Army guy (if he had been a foot to the side!) for return to the LC1 and TD next play. Great effort by Pards after a 62-7 shellacking up there in 2016!! Hopefully use this showing next week vs Lehigh!!

RichH2
November 10th, 2018, 02:57 PM
Gotta give props to Pards for a very competitive game with Army. Congrats.

Bill
November 10th, 2018, 02:59 PM
OK Lehigh fans...I'll ask the tough question:

Would you sign now for a loss vs. Lafayette, with a guarantee that this outcome ensures a complete coaching staff change? Or is Lafayette so hated that a win is worth it - even if that means the staff stays?

Just trying to spark some discussion...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 03:03 PM

Would you sign now for a loss vs. Lafayette, with a guarantee that this outcome ensures a complete coaching staff change? Or is Lafayette so hated that a win is worth it - even if that means the staff stays?

My belief would be you're not going to beat them EVERY year so when you do lose make sure there's a silver lining....

Southsider
November 10th, 2018, 03:05 PM

YEP!

Sader87
November 10th, 2018, 03:08 PM
HC comes back and barely holds off Fordham 17-13. Uninspired 1st H...down 10-0 at the break.

Win is a win is a win....look to close out the season on a 4 game winning streak at GTown next Saturday.

RichH2
November 10th, 2018, 03:18 PM

Lafayette game still be be a season saver for old alumni, like me :), but in reality Colgate has been our real rival for the last decade or so. A W vs Pards may have saved a season for me 25-30 years ago, no longer.
I dont have the magic answers for the current state of our program. But Sterrett must figure it out and act.

hawkineer
November 10th, 2018, 03:36 PM

I thought that I’d never think it or say it, but show me where to sign if it guarantees Coen’s and crew’s immediate dismissal.

Even a win against another mediocre team ain’t saving this season and shouldn’t save this staff.

Ramblin' Man
November 10th, 2018, 03:54 PM
Lehigh losses since the start of 2017.
Villanova 35-38
Monmouth 27-46
Yale 28-56
Penn 47-65
Wagner 20-37
Fordham 32-45
Stony Brook 29-59
Villanova 9-31
Navy 21-51
Penn 10-30
Princeton 6-66
Fordham 14-43
Georgetown 16-22 2/OT
Holy Cross 0-56
Colgate 6-48

Lehigh been outscore 46-20 in their 15 most recent losses.

Huh? I don't follow your math here.

Ramblin' Man
November 10th, 2018, 03:59 PM
Heartbreaking 17-14 loss to the Crusaders today. Rams had the opportunities, but just fell short. :( Some questionable decisions on offense in the 4th quarter.

LehighU11
November 10th, 2018, 05:03 PM
Huh? I don't follow your math here.
In their past 15 losses, Lehigh is allowing 46.2 ppg while scoring 20.

the last indian
November 10th, 2018, 06:17 PM
Thank you Lafayette. Great effort against one of the better Army teams in years. You gave us Colgate fans some hope. Nevertheless, we beat Lehigh with our second string QB as Breneman seems to have some soreness. So with the playoffs looming, do we go all out and risk injury or hold back to insure that key players are healthy for the playoffs. This maybe a conundrum. If we do well vs Army, our bracket might be more favorable, but someone might get dinged up. I think we go for it. We are likely to have a bye in the first round, so guys will have 2 weeks to heal.
Pretty remarkable we beat Lehigh 48-6 with he #1 QB on the sidelines.

RichH2
November 10th, 2018, 06:29 PM
Thank you Lafayette. Great effort against one of the better Army teams in years. You gave us Colgate fans some hope. Nevertheless, we beat Lehigh with our second string QB as Breneman seems to have some soreness. So with the playoffs looming, do we go all out and risk injury or hold back to insure that key players are healthy for the playoffs. This maybe a conundrum. If we do well vs Army, our bracket might be more favorable, but someone might get dinged up. I think we go for it. We are likely to have a bye in the first round, so guys will have 2 weeks to heal.
Pretty remarkable we beat Lehigh 48-6 with he #1 QB on the sidelines.

That you sure did. ;). As for Army, my guess is Hunt will go for the W. It is dangerous to let up on the gas. You might not get it back. A good game vs Army, W or L, will serve you well going into the playoffs. Given current PL rep, a good game vs Army gives you more credibility for seeding.

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 10th, 2018, 07:01 PM
We played like crap and still won by 18 and could have put another touchdown at the end.

I am not worried about Colgate. It will be tight but Monken will have the Cadets ready.

Ramblin' Man
November 10th, 2018, 07:13 PM
In their past 15 losses, Lehigh is allowing 46.2 ppg while scoring 20.

You left out "ppg" in your post. Now I understand. xnodx

PAllen
November 10th, 2018, 08:07 PM

Same question was asked about Lembo late in his tenure. I'll always take a victory over Lafayette for the record books.

Gate83
November 10th, 2018, 08:36 PM
Word up in Hammy is Breneman could have played if he needed to, nothing major. Fun that Attwood got a full game his senior year, and he looked much more comfortable throwing the ball as the game went on... I had high hopes for him when he came in vs. Syracuse years back, glad he's got a highlight as a senior.

Lehigh's got some work to do. The pillowfight next weekend looks to be about even to me...

LehighU11
November 10th, 2018, 08:41 PM
Another week, another embarrassing showing. The first 20-25 minutes weren't bad, but it got ugly quick after that.

On a positive note, I don't recall a non-Lafayette home crowd that large in mid-November since 2011. There were plenty more who tailgated, but didn't come inside the gates for the game. 6633 was the announced attendance, which seemed accurate. However, there were less than 10% of that figure by the end of the 3rd quarter (below). Just plain sad.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29465&stc=1
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29466&stc=1
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29467&stc=1

Pard4Life
November 10th, 2018, 08:45 PM
Maybe not building your home stands in the shadows for a sport frequently played in chillier weather... pfft... "Engineers"

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 09:02 PM
Maybe not building your home stands in the shadows for a sport frequently played in chillier weather... pfft... "Engineers"

Says a fan who's field run's the "wrong way" aka East and West :D

6,600 people to witness a dumpster fire isn't bad.

LehighU11
November 10th, 2018, 09:03 PM
Those home stands blocked the wind out of the west today and last week. The folks on the visitor side weren't any more comfortable.

Gate83
November 10th, 2018, 09:04 PM
However, there were less than 10% of that figure by the end of the 3rd quarter (below). Just plain sad.

Well, when you're down 48-6 & the 3rd string is playing... who's staying except the parents?

Go...gate
November 10th, 2018, 10:05 PM
Likewise, knew Lehigh had zero chance to make it interesting. They broke the TD streak before garbage time which wasn't surprising either. They have the players to win 1 on 1 battles. They just can't execute worth a darn.

The number of lopsided losses Lehigh has suffered this year is mindboggling. They're just a terrible football team who gets pushed around by anyone with a pulse. Their front seven 7 on defense is completely inept. I've never seen a worse run defense year in and year out.

Is there any chance in the world Coen stays? I'm amazed he survived after Princeton.

Go...gate
November 10th, 2018, 10:14 PM
Say whatever you want about Colgate, but all I know is this: they are 9-0-0. Only three other squads in the history of the program have achieved a 9-0-0 record this late in the season:

1932 - 9-0-0 was the final record;

1977 - Finished 10-1-0;

2003 - Finished 15-1-0.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 10th, 2018, 10:24 PM
Say whatever you want about Colgate, but all I know is this: they are 9-0-0. Only three other squads in the history of the problems have achieved a 9-0-0 record this late in the season:

1977 - Finished 10-1-0;

2003 - Finished 15-1-0.

9 and 10 win seasons are always to be remembered! Everything has come together for this 'Gate team. At this point I think everyone is ready to see how their chips stack up relative to a Top 20 team! I'm hoping you guys get a home playoff game! I will try to attend if the weather is decent and the opponent intriguing...

Go...gate
November 11th, 2018, 12:04 AM
9 and 10 win seasons are always to be remembered! Everything has come together for this 'Gate team. At this point I think everyone is ready to see how their chips stack up relative to a Top 20 team! I'm hoping you guys get a home playoff game! I will try to attend if the weather is decent and the opponent intriguing...

Thanks, Go Lehigh TU owl.

KnightoftheRedFlash
November 11th, 2018, 07:15 AM
I will be pulling for Colgate in the playoffs.

carney2
November 11th, 2018, 08:22 AM
Is there any chance in the word Coen stays? I'm amazed he survived after Princeton.

In the first place it is very rare for a Patriot League coach to be fired in the middle of the season. I depend on you people to give me instances where it has happened.

IF Coen survives I want you to remember it for the next time there's a thread asking "What's wrong with the Patriot League?" Before you go wandering off into the land of AIs, redshirts, roster sizes, and the like, just cogitate that none of these institutions would accept this level of incompetence/performance from any of their academic departments. For many of them it's OK in athletics though. This says a lot about attitude and support, which is one of, if not THE, key reason that the Patriot League is a toilet.

LehighU11
November 11th, 2018, 10:53 AM
In the first place it is very rare for a Patriot League coach to be fired in the middle of the season. I depend on you people to give me instances where it has happened.

IF Coen survives I want you to remember it for the next time there's a thread asking "What's wrong with the Patriot League?" Before you go wandering off into the land of AIs, redshirts, roster sizes, and the like, just cogitate that none of these institutions would accept this level of incompetence/performance from any of their academic departments. For many of them it's OK in athletics though. This says a lot about attitude and support, which is one of, if not THE, key reason that the Patriot League is a toilet.

Gilmore remains the only coach to be fired mid-season in the 33 years of the Colonial/Patriot League (at least among current members).

Since the League's inception in 1986, here are the total number of head coaches and mid-season coaching changes for each current PL squad:

Bucknell: 6. No mid-season firings.
Colgate: 5. No mid-season firings.
Fordham: 9. No mid-season firings.
Georgetown: 3. No mid-season firings.
Holy Cross: 6. Gilmore fired with 4 games remaining in 2017.
Lafayette: 3. No mid-season firings.
Lehigh: 4. No mid-season firings.

Pards Rule
November 11th, 2018, 12:26 PM

Ouch but good!! I always wondered that too...Not so much the first rivalry game there in 1989 with overcast and snow squalls at half and early third quarter!!! Wow that Goodman is 30 years old already!

Pards Rule
November 11th, 2018, 12:30 PM
Say whatever you want about Colgate, but all I know is this: they are 9-0-0. Only three other squads in the history of the program have achieved a 9-0-0 record this late in the season:

1977 - Finished 10-1-0;

2003 - Finished 15-1-0.

Congrats on great season and good luck vs Army and in playoffs Gate