PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the Buck Buchanan Award?

smallcollegefbfan
November 4th, 2018, 12:32 PM
We are entering the final stretch so who do you think will be the defensive player of the year?

Vote and then tell why you picked who you did!

TheKingpin28
November 4th, 2018, 12:46 PM
Refer to the Payton award for my reasoning. It should be either Gooden, Saunders, or Adderley, but Olson is just crushing it on that defense with the stat padding.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 4th, 2018, 05:16 PM
Refer to the Payton award for my reasoning. It should be either Gooden, Saunders, or Adderley, but Olson is just crushing it on that defense with the stat padding.

He's on that D with Josh Buss and is still just f'n everywhere. He's a very rare talent and we've had some very good LB's over the past decade but this guys is just pretty amazing to watch.

PaladinFan
November 4th, 2018, 05:25 PM
Just a comparison:

Player A: 9 games, 47 tackles, 15 TFL, 5.5 sacks, 4 break ups, 10 QBH, 0 forced fumbles.

Player B: 8 games, 22 tackles, 12 TFL, 10.5 sacks, 2 break up, 4 QBH, 2 forced fumbles.

Player A: Ahmad Gooden
Player B: Adrian Hope

TheKingpin28
November 4th, 2018, 05:31 PM
He's on that D with Josh Buss and is still just f'n everywhere. He's a very rare talent and we've had some very good LB's over the past decade but this guys is just pretty amazing to watch.He has a nose for the ball. I'm not sure but is he eligible for the 38 jersey? If so, he is well deserving of it.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

grizband
November 4th, 2018, 06:21 PM
He has a nose for the ball. I'm not sure but is he eligible for the 38 jersey? If so, he is well deserving of it.

Olson is from Idaho, so he wouldn't be eligble for the #37 jersey. He is just another in the long string of great Montana linebackers (seriously, I'll put our list up against anyone in FCS)!

TheKingpin28
November 4th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Olson is from Idaho, so he wouldn't be eligble for the #37 jersey. He is just another in the long string of great Montana linebackers (seriously, I'll put our list up against anyone in FCS)!37. Ah I wasn't sure but yeah, I remember hearing about that back during the H and H series.

grizband
November 4th, 2018, 06:25 PM
37. Ah I wasn't sure but yeah, I remember hearing about that back during the H and H series.

In my completely biased opinion, it's one of the great traditions in FCS football.

TheKingpin28
November 4th, 2018, 06:30 PM
In my completely biased opinion, it's one of the great traditions in FCS football.It is a solid tradition honoring a Montanan that embodies the spirit of the game and of Montana football.

McNeese72
November 4th, 2018, 06:52 PM
B. J. Blunt is having some monster games lately. When I am taking photos of McNeese on defense he is usually in the photo. He is everywhere on defense. He added punt blocking to his resume' this week.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29419&stc=1

smallcollegefbfan
November 4th, 2018, 07:46 PM
B. J. Blunt is having some monster games lately. When I am taking photos of McNeese on defense he is usually in the photo. He is everywhere on defense. He added punt blocking to his resume' this week.

I love watching him. If people don't just see stats and truly watch some games then we have a loaded group of top candidates for the DEF POY award. Blunt, Swenson, Saunders, Olson, Adderley, Roberson, Terrell, and even Mack or Moreland.

- - - Updated - - -

I love watching him. If people don't just see stats and truly watch some games then we have a loaded group of top candidates for the DEF POY award. Blunt, Swenson, Saunders, Olson, Adderley, Roberson, Terrell, and even Mack or Moreland.

phoenix3
November 6th, 2018, 09:51 AM
Warren Messer may still have a chance depending on the finish.

dewey
November 6th, 2018, 11:34 AM
It is a solid tradition honoring a Montanan that embodies the spirit of the game and of Montana football.

Agreed. I love that tradition.

Montana is my 2nd favorite team.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
November 6th, 2018, 12:10 PM
Agreed. I love that tradition.

Montana is my 2nd favorite team.

DeweyThat's the kind of tradition local kids dream of being a part of and a great incentive to recruit instate kids.

smallcollegefbfan
November 15th, 2018, 03:59 PM
I have watched 5 games on Saunders at WIU and if he would not be lazy and just give effort consistently he could have run away with the award this year. Nobody has like 10 picks, 20 sacks, or 30 TFL, or even 165 tackles that would standout for the award but he could have likely had 85 tackles, 20 TFL, and 12 sacks by now at DT if he was not so lazy. This guy is a monster when he wants to be but there are games where he does NOTHING. It is frustrating because I don't think the best defender is going to win the award but he has only himself to blame. He has 61 TKL, 11 TFL, and 4.5 sacks so far and he is playing lazy half the time.