PDA

View Full Version : College Game Day to do feature on McNeese's Orgeron Twins tomorrow morning.

FormerPokeCenter
November 2nd, 2018, 12:06 PM
Last week, ESPN sent some folks down to Lake Charles talk to Cody and Parker Orgeron, the twin sons of LSU head coach Ed Orgeron, who are both playing at McNeese. Parker's been a starter at wide receiver for the last couple of years, but has missed the last three games with concussive issues.

Cody took over as the starter at QB last week, which was coincidentally LSU's Bye-week, so the elder Orgeron and his wife were in the stands to see Cody's first college start and his first college touchdown and win.

Orgeron played his college football at Northwestern State, but started his coaching career at McNeese as a graduate assistant working with the DL and the strength program under DL coach Bill Johnson, for whom he played at Northwestern. Orgeron followed Johnson to a couple of stops, including The University of Miami where Orgeron coached Warren Sapp and Dwayne The Rock Johnson. Bill Johnson was most recently the DL coach for the New Orleans Saints.

I think the piece is supposed to run fairly early around 9 to 9:30 and should probably get some prominent play because of LSU's game against Alabama later in the evening...

https://scontent.fmem1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/45010845_10156317046772740_2447922923957125120_n.j pg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-1.fna&oh=6387088c435ba56c4d595e83492bb831&oe=5C878A57

JSUSoutherner
November 2nd, 2018, 12:12 PM
Last week, ESPN sent some folks down to Lake Charles talk to Cody and Parker Orgeron, the twin sons of LSU head coach Ed Orgeron, who are both playing at McNeese. Parker's been a starter at wide receiver for the last couple of years, but has missed the last three games with concussive issues.

Cody took over as the starter at QB last week, which was coincidentally LSU's Bye-week, so the elder Orgeron and his wife were in the stands to see Cody's first college start and his first college touchdown and win.

Orgeron played his college football at Northwestern State, but started his coaching career at McNeese as a graduate assistant working with the DL and the strength program under DL coach Bill Johnson, for whom he played at Northwestern. Orgeron followed Johnson to a couple of stops, including The University of Miami where Orgeron coached Warren Sapp and Dwayne The Rock Johnson. Bill Johnson was most recently the DL coach for the New Orleans Saints.

I think the piece is supposed to run fairly early around 9 to 9:30 and should probably get some prominent play because of LSU's game against Alabama later in the evening...

https://scontent.fmem1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/45010845_10156317046772740_2447922923957125120_n.j pg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-1.fna&oh=6387088c435ba56c4d595e83492bb831&oe=5C878A57
Weird to see Coach O in anything other than LSU.

It's hilarious cause half the fans that come to JSU games are in Bama and Barn gear yet an SEC HC has enough sense to wear McNeese and McNeese only when at McNeese games.

FormerPokeCenter
November 2nd, 2018, 12:45 PM
He's been great about that....he's never once worn an LSU shirt to Cowboy Stadium...He's always been Dad first, Coach second...

We get LOTS of people showing up in LSU gear....of course, most of us post pics of Coach O and Dak wearing McNeese gear to McNeese games under the caption of "if THEY can wear McNeese gear to McNeese games, YOU can wear McNeese gear to McNeese games!"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BynrGztIUAEVO7i.jpg

JSUSoutherner
November 2nd, 2018, 01:00 PM
Are coach O's kids as ungodly Cajun as he is?

FormerPokeCenter
November 2nd, 2018, 01:12 PM
No...not at all! He grew up down the Bayou, not far from where they shoot Swamp People...which is why he sounds like a rougher version of Troy Landry...His kids grew up on the North Shore of Lake Ponchartrain...they've got a little patois, but not like their Dad..

He's ALWAYS been like that. He came to McNeese as a graduate assistant my senior year. He was my workout partner for most of that year...Holy **** it was hard to understand him at first..

GAD
November 2nd, 2018, 01:30 PM
Everyone always talk about Coach O's accent, I've never notice anyxchinscratchx

TheKingpin28
November 2nd, 2018, 03:08 PM
No...not at all! He grew up down the Bayou, not far from where they shoot Swamp People...which is why he sounds like a rougher version of Troy Landry...His kids grew up on the North Shore of Lake Ponchartrain...they've got a little patois, but not like their Dad..

He's ALWAYS been like that. He came to McNeese as a graduate assistant my senior year. He was my workout partner for most of that year...Holy **** it was hard to understand him at first..

Still can't beat "Choot um; choot um Clint!"

I look forward to seeing this feature. Any positive exposure from the FCS is good for the FCS as a whole.

JSUSoutherner
November 2nd, 2018, 04:09 PM
Still can't beat "Choot um; choot um Clint!"

I look forward to seeing this feature. Any positive exposure from the FCS is good for the FCS as a whole.
$.02 says all they say "they play for McNeese!” and then talk about what it's like to be LSU coaches sons. McNeese will be said a maximum of twice.

TheKingpin28
November 2nd, 2018, 04:13 PM
$.02 says all they say "they play for McNeese!” and then talk about what it's like to be LSU coaches sons. McNeese will be said a maximum of twice.

I want to believe this isn't correct and/or true, but I wouldn't be surprised either.

FormerPokeCenter
November 2nd, 2018, 04:39 PM
You're probably correct....

Check out this image....after the game, An LSU fan comes down on the field, with an LSU football, and asks for Cody's autograph, LOL...

https://scontent.fmem1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/44922908_10156317047107740_7089741573939789824_n.j pg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-2.fna&oh=60e9a66b29fb626a24ddae22733b5b52&oe=5C740925

Or this:.....note the guy in the McNeese shirt and the LSU visor, posing for a selfie with O.

https://scontent.fmem1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/44979699_10156317047522740_5360263586503458816_n.j pg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fmem1-2.fna&oh=1cdb9cffa1ad7161b2da0ade2879d6d3&oe=5C4484A1

BEAR
November 2nd, 2018, 04:59 PM
They'll pronounce it Mick Neice and ask why everyone on the team is named McNeese. xlolx They don't care about covering the school. I bet the name LSU comes up so often that viewers think they are watching the Tigers practice squad. xlolx

FormerPokeCenter
November 2nd, 2018, 05:08 PM
****, Daryl Burckel, the former Southland Defensive player of the year, who's now the University President pronounced it Mick Neese on TV last week....#facepalm...

JSUSoutherner
November 2nd, 2018, 05:42 PM
They'll pronounce it Mick Neice and ask why everyone on the team is named McNeese. xlolx They don't care about covering the school. I bet the name LSU comes up so often that viewers think they are watching the Tigers practice squad. xlolx

Wait...
How is it supposed to be prenouced?

TheKingpin28
November 2nd, 2018, 05:59 PM
Wait...
How is it supposed to be prenouced?

I thought it was pronounced like this: MacNiece but spelt McNeese

BEAR
November 2nd, 2018, 08:08 PM
I thought it was pronounced like this: MacNiece but spelt McNeese

We have a winner.

FormerPokeCenter
November 2nd, 2018, 11:23 PM
The Mick vs Mac thing got resolved a few years ago when somebody made contact with the McNeese family....they said they pronounce it Mac Neese...so...that's been the official way ever since..

Laker
November 3rd, 2018, 09:39 AM
Nice story about his wife. Terrible thing to go through. Looks like a great family.

dewey
November 3rd, 2018, 10:06 AM
Nice story about his wife. Terrible thing to go through. Looks like a great family.

Agreed. Good story on the family.

Dewey

bwbear
November 3rd, 2018, 10:15 AM
I don’t know how anyone could not like Coach O. Glad he is having a good year and a second shot as a head coach.

McNeeserocket
November 3rd, 2018, 11:08 AM

This was a well done story on the Orgeron family and specifically, Kelly Orgeron, "the Rock" of the family. It is nice to see a story that shows the family as a strong unit. Sometimes we forget that there is a lot going on behind the scenes of big name athletes and coaches.

The story showed the family supports everyone in the family. It was nice to see the footage at the McNeese game against Central Arkansas last week, where LSU Coach and family showed up to support their sons (both Cody and Parker play Division I football at McNeese). It was especially nice to see the McNeese name and colors being worn on the entire family and to hear the "the Rock" of the Orgeron family say Go Cowboys!

Every year since Cody and Parker Orgeron started at McNeese, Coach "O" will make every game at McNeese when LSU is not playing. He shows up as the father of McNeese football players. Both of his sons are good players and good students.