PDA

View Full Version : Elon Loses Malcolm Summers, Too

mvemjsunpx
November 2nd, 2018, 07:36 AM
They already lost starting QB Davis Cheek, and now their star RB is officially done.

http://www.thetimesnews.com/sports/20181031/injury-strikes-down-summers-again

TheKingpin28
November 2nd, 2018, 07:39 AM
That is awful to hear. Never want to have someone's season end by injury, but career, that's even harder. Seems like he has a positive outlook in life and that alone will get him further in life than most.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

dewey
November 2nd, 2018, 07:51 AM
What a tough blow for both Summers and Elon.

He has great perspective though.

“God gives his toughest warriors the hardest battles,” he said this week, “so it’s just another obstacle I’ve got to get through. Looking back on it, you could’ve said, ‘Sit down and wait a year and then play next year.’ But I wanted to play this year and obviously there was a vision there. I’m content with what I did. I gave it everything I had. I ran as hard as I could with what I had, so I can’t be upset.”

Good luck in the recovery and going forward Malcolm.

Dewey

Derby City Duke
November 2nd, 2018, 10:19 AM
Sorry to hear this for the Phoenix fans and the young man. He was a beast -- went for 185 against us last month, including a long TD run that put us in a hole from which we couldn't climb out.

Dukie95
November 2nd, 2018, 10:25 AM
Sorry to hear this for the Phoenix fans and the young man. He was a beast -- went for 185 against us last month, including a long TD run that put us in a hole from which we couldn't climb out.

Yeah, from the article it sounds like that run is what did it and it will end up being his last. Hate to see that. You get such precious little time as a student athlete.

Reign of Terrier
November 2nd, 2018, 10:27 AM
Dang. Elon just has the worst luck. So close yet so far has been the motto of the last decade or so.

Thankfully they have a strong team that should rally. It sucks for this kid to go out with an injury such as this

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Schism55
November 2nd, 2018, 11:16 AM
Damn this a **** sandwich.
Next man up, punch teams in the mouth Elon!