PDA

View Full Version : The Top Selling I-AA Schools !

Retro
July 28th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Below is the most recently released list of the top selling schools by Collegiate Licensing. I am only listing the Division I schools that play I-AA football.. I will post the full list later..

This is for the period of July 1st 2004 thru June 1st 2005.

Keep in mind, some schools may benefit more from successful basketball or hockey programs than their football success.

Rank Team Overall Rank (all of div I)

1. Montana Grizzlies 46
2. Georgetown Hoyas 49
3. Delaware Blue Hens 63
4. Villanova Wildcats 66
5. James Madison Dukes 67
6. Texas State Bobcats 69
7. Southern Illinois Salukis 72
8. Sam Houston State Bearkats 76
9. New Hampshire Wildcats 79
10. Appalachian State Mountaineers 81
11. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers 83
12. Massachusetts Minutemen 92
13. Northern Arizona Lumberjacks 99

** These are only for the I-AA schools that are part of collegiate licensing and any school that has recently joined CLC, like in the last year, may not see a full effect for another 6 months or so.

ChickenMan
July 28th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Villanova is only on the list due to their Big East basketball program... but where's GSU... are all those Georgia people wearing the Dog's red & black...??? ;)

PS... with all those mighty A10 teams... :p that list could be the 1AA pre-season Top 13... :D

rokamortis
July 28th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Does GSU participate with the CLC? I think there are only about 40 I-AA schools that do.

exbearkat
July 28th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Below is the most recently released list of the top selling schools by Collegiate Licensing. I am only listing the Division I schools that play I-AA football.. I will post the full list later..

Keep in mind, some schools may benefit more from successful basketball or hockey programs than their football success.

1. Montana Grizzlies 46
2. Georgetown Hoyas 49
3. Delaware Blue Hens 63
4. Villanova Wildcats 66

** These are only for the I-AA schools that are part of collegiate licensing and any school that has recently joined CLC, like in the last year, may not see a full effect for another 6 months or so.
Retro:

Do you happen to have a link to this? I am curious to see how all the SLC teams ranked. Thanks in advance.

ISUMatt
July 28th, 2005, 08:14 PM
There are several Griz hats Id love to order, but need to save up some cash. ISUMatt was laid off all yr until last Friday so I gotta get the stash back before the Mrs. lets me buy hats!!!

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5472/um0rg.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Retro
July 28th, 2005, 09:18 PM
There is no link as this is an extended list i had my contact from CLC send me..

There is no ranking beyond the top 100 that they release.. I will check again to make sure..

Georgia Southern is not a member of Collegiate Licensing, but if they were, they would probably be wihtin top 100 pretty east.. Mcneese Will probably show up in future months as they have been a member only for a year.

Grizo406
July 29th, 2005, 03:56 AM
Gear Up for I-AA! (http://i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=49420)

Thanks for the link, ralph.

I've already got my GSU, Delaware...and even a UNI T-shirt. Looking to get a few more, just not sure which one(s) to pick yet. As a fickled Griz fan with discriminating taste, I have to be careful what I wear out here.Your link will certainly help when I make my decision.

So far, the GSU t-shirt is my favorite...old school grey with beige letters that spell out Georgia Southern. The people at the GSU bookstore took great care of me, and were timely in processing my order.

DemiGS
July 29th, 2005, 04:04 AM
Thanks for the link, ralph.

I've already got my GSU, Delaware...and even a UNI T-shirt. Looking to get a few more, just not sure which one(s) to pick yet. As a fickled Griz fan with discriminating taste, I have to be careful what I wear out here.Your link will certainly help when I make my decision.

So far, the GSU t-shirt is my favorite...old school grey with beige letters that spell out Georgia Southern. The people at the GSU bookstore took great care of me, and were timely in processing my order.

I dont recall those

Grizo406
July 29th, 2005, 04:32 AM
I dont recall those

http://www.gsustore.com/webitemimages/559/W4728.jpg

I guess I should have been more specific.

saint0917
July 29th, 2005, 06:58 AM
Gear Up for I-AA! (http://i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=49420)

Ralph, how come all I-AA teams are not listed?

winstoneagle
July 29th, 2005, 07:04 AM
GSU dosent release our logo that much (at least in the past) to vendors. I did hear that it is all about to change though, so maybe we will move up some. Keep in mind that most of our state supports UGA (yuck). Our alumni (including me) need to do more to promote our school.

colgate13
July 29th, 2005, 07:51 AM
As a fickled Griz fan with discriminating taste, I have to be careful what I wear out here.

What's there to debate about?

http://store1.yimg.com/I/colgatebookstore_1853_4964045 (http://www.colgatebookstore.com/gmproducts/item021.html)

Colgate grey short sleeve classic T. You already like the colors... how can you go wrong? :D

P2TheB
July 29th, 2005, 08:12 AM
UNI's Online Store:
http://unipanthers.collegesports.com/store/niwa-store.html

(in case you want to add UNI to the list)

89Hen
July 29th, 2005, 11:11 AM
2. Georgetown Hoyas 49
No offense to my local I-AA, but that ranking needs a big asterisk.

JohnStOnge
July 29th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Montana's number 1 spot is very impressive because Georgetown and Villanova would be expected to sell a lot due to their basketball programs (including Nova's women). As an aside, I got an office furniture/furnishing catalouge at work a while back and it had some chairs you could order with school colors and logos. The photo they had of a chair was a Montana Grizzly chair. I thought that was something because it was a national catalouge and could've had anybody...USC or whatever...for that picture. Apparently somebody must've decided the Montana Grizzly paw logo looked good.

Retro
July 29th, 2005, 01:15 PM

It doesn't need an asterik, as these are the top selling Schools that are I-AA in football.. Most people will realize that certain teams sell more largely due to their success in other sports like Basketball and Hockey.

LBPop
July 29th, 2005, 03:09 PM

Of course you are right. Interesting aside: Now that John Thompson III is coaching Basketball, it can be used as a recruiting incentive for I-AA football players. Not too many I-AA football programs can offer Big East level basketball as entertainment during the winter. I guess there is one other--that school which all UD fans just love. It happens to be located just a bit to the north of Newark. ;)

Ivytalk
July 29th, 2005, 03:14 PM
What, no Ivies? Bogus!

LBPop
July 29th, 2005, 03:19 PM
What, no Ivies? Bogus!

They don't buy school apparel...it's all handed down. :D

Cap'n Cat
July 29th, 2005, 03:27 PM
ISUMatt was laid off all yr until last Friday

Goddam union of yours! Couldn't find you work elsewwhere???

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Ivytalk
July 29th, 2005, 03:48 PM
They don't buy school apparel...it's all handed down. :D

That's right, Pop, they don't make "insignia" raccoon coats anymore!!

Proud Griz Man
July 29th, 2005, 04:16 PM

1. Montana Grizzlies 46
2. Georgetown Hoyas 49
3. Delaware Blue Hens 63
4. Villanova Wildcats 66

Thanks Retro. It would also be really nice to have a reference point/size relevance. Is there $5 difference or $500 thousand difference between the merchandise sales of these schools?

wlj989s
July 29th, 2005, 04:51 PM
Of course SMS isn't up there, you would have been a fool to but SMS crap this year. . .
I have a feeling Missouri State will be top 20 in the country next year.

Retro
July 29th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Thanks Retro. It would also be really nice to have a reference point/size relevance. Is there $5 difference or $500 thousand difference between the merchandise sales of these schools?

Sorry, Don't have that info.. I don't believe they release that unless the schools release it themselves.

blackfordpu
July 29th, 2005, 06:00 PM

1. Montana Grizzlies 46
2. Georgetown Hoyas 49
3. Delaware Blue Hens 63
4. Villanova Wildcats 66

I'm suprised that Sam and Tx-St ranked so high. I would not have thought that. Though I should have known seeing as how every store in Huntsville sells Bearkat merchandise. :)

TxState_GO_CATS!
July 29th, 2005, 06:39 PM
I'm suprised that Sam and Tx-St ranked so high. I would not have thought that. Though I should have known seeing as how every store in Huntsville sells Bearkat merchandise. :)

Consider yourself lucky. Almost everyone at Texas State has lots of TxSt. merchandise. But, given that we are only 30 mins from Austin, care to guess what school's merchandise our local stores routinely sell instead of ours??? :bang:

All of our stuff is either bought on campus or online, though you MAY find a shirt or two at Wal*Mart. :rolleyes:

Grizo406
July 29th, 2005, 08:47 PM
What's there to debate about?

Colgate grey short sleeve classic T. You already like the colors... how can you go wrong? :D

Absolutely right, c13.

I'm going to get a few more, and that's definitely one of them...thanks for the heads up!

LetsGoNova
July 29th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Of course you are right. Interesting aside: Now that John Thompson III is coaching Basketball, it can be used as a recruiting incentive for I-AA football players. Not too many I-AA football programs can offer Big East level basketball as entertainment during the winter. I guess there is one other--that school which all UD fans just love. It happens to be located just a bit to the north of Newark. ;)

Funny you say that. Talley had twelve recruits up the weekend we destroyed Kansas last January. After the recruits rushed the floor with the rest of the student body, I felt pretty sure we'd get most of them. Sure enough, 12/12. Nice little tool if you're coach makes use of it, as I'm sure he does.