PDA

View Full Version : Bad Fan Experiences? Rude Fans?

TexasTerror
July 28th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Just was wondering, especially since I'll probably be going to more road games now for Sam Houston State than home games, which stadiums and universities are the home of the rudest fans or have you perhaps had bad experiences as being a fan? Have you had problems with police or event staff at specific universities/stadiums not listening to your concerns? Have you or people you know ever not felt safe at a specific venue for any reason?

This is not meant to be a smack thread. I am just interested in places that may be a little more hostile than probably appropriate...

catbob
July 28th, 2005, 04:47 PM
/me waits for barrage of grizn fans to talk MSU down. :)

RadMann
July 28th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Some long time Lehigh fans will say UD fans are this way but Lehigh folks have their share of bad apples as well including some who defaced the field at Delaware Stadium before a game one year. In other words you have rude fans on both sides in most cases.

Cap'n Cat
July 28th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Now, I ain't making any judgments here, just passing on an observation.

Whereas, I love going to Montana and tailgating there with Pols and Grizo and grzfnz and putter and the rest of the guys, there were some pretty raunchy fans inside the stadium.

I had an opportunity at both games I attended to take pictures for Ralph and I-AA.org. While walking the sidelines, I heard the roughest language and slurs and such coming from the crowd. Opposing players' mothers, sisters, grandmas - everyone was fair game. Also witnessed a fan throw a whiskey bottle which struck a referee after a play on the sidelines.

AGAIN - not meaning to make a value judgment here - it's just what I observed and I had honestly never seen it before anywhere. May God love the GrizNation - I do - but that was some show! They ARE good fans and only the minority are punks, like anywhere else. Lots of intoxication!!

Bless their little hearts!

GrizFoo
July 28th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Haven't went to a lot of away game for the Griz, usually like to enjoy them on T.V. from time to time. But in my limited travels I have seen and been the on the receiving end of words at both Montana State and Idaho State. I've also witness UM fans doing wrong, and nothing pisses me off more than that. It is embarrassing.
My mom was called a f*ing b*ch just walking thru the parking lot at Bozeman, and was with friends who had fairly young kids. Lucky I wasn't at that one, I'd still be serving my sentence. Same game another friend of mine, recently engaged, had tickets near or in the student section. He was not allowed to sit there, and in the midst of leaving his wife lost her engagement ring. They were given no sympathy when trying to go back to find it. BTW, no they did not feel safe at all. But ended up watching the game from someones box.
ISU game wasn't much, a few college kids saying FU, F the Griz, F this and that.
Have seen stuff thrown on the field at UM, by the student section mostly. Haven't really heard any visiting fans being verbally assaulted or anything, but their players will get a dose of it, no question.

GrizFoo
July 28th, 2005, 05:32 PM
I should note, I don't think any of the stuff that happened at MSU in '03, would be anything that would happen to a random visiting team. It was the Rivalry, and the first home Brawl for the cats after they broke the 16 game streak in '02. I wouldn't expect that type of stuff to happen this year in Bozo, at least I hope not.

62GRIZ
July 28th, 2005, 05:32 PM
The Cat fan is right - you are going to hear from some GRIZ fans. It is no longer safe to go to a game in Bozeman. My sister-in-law was assaulted in the parking lot with no provocation other wearing maroon and silver. I was threatened by five drunks in a restaurant following the game. Their so-called fans shout, "Eat s*** Grizzlies - go Cats go" and "F*** the Griz" the entire game - and it isn't just a few, but rather, entire sections. I have been to many games at the Litterbox, but will never go again. Most people I know feel the same way. I wrote letters to their Chamber of Commerce and their AD and they both said they knew they had a problem and would address it. It's too late for me. I go to many games all over the country and have NO complaints about any other fans - I've enjoyed socializing with all of them.

CosmoVixen24
July 28th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Just was wondering, especially since I'll probably be going to more road games now for Sam Houston State than home games, which stadiums and universities are the home of the rudest fans or have you perhaps had bad experiences as being a fan? Have you had problems with police or event staff at specific universities/stadiums not listening to your concerns? Have you or people you know ever not felt safe at a specific venue for any reason?

This is not meant to be a smack thread. I am just interested in places that may be a little more hostile than probably appropriate...

From being on the sideline last year, I would have to say McNeese... but Texas State fans aren't that far behind either.

GrizFoo
July 28th, 2005, 05:43 PM
"The Cat fan is right - you are going to hear from some GRIZ fans."

The reason you are going to hear from them is probably because they had a bad experience '62. Sure there may be some clowns who will say stuff just to get a rise out of the cats, but everything I've said is true. Isolated incidents or not. They weren't the only ones who had problems in '03 either.

The funny thing is, my parent have known every Bobcat coach since I can remember. Dave Arnold always stopped by on his recruiting trips thru the state and would stay at our house from time to time. I'm no bobcat fan, but I certainly don't hate them. Just stating facts, and I left out a few as well.

beerkat
July 28th, 2005, 06:37 PM
SFA has some really basket cases, had a little kid maybe 13 years old want to fight me. Had one of their female students try to fight me. You have to sit at the very top of the bleachers or you'll get stuff thrown on you all game. Have to watch out on your way out of the stadium cause people are wanting to start fights. And that was just last year.

The first trip to Montana in 01 the fans were great, but last year for the playoff game it was alot different. The alums are some of the coolest fans you'll ever meet, but some of the students were a-holes. One guy for the first half of the game was out of his seat and standing in the aisle next to our seats talking smack trying to provoke us but it didn't work. When our DB got hurt and had to be carried off on the stretcher he came back down and was yelling things like "have a seat n*****, stay down you p****!" which nearly got him tossed over the rail by me and a couple other SHSU fans. Some friendly Griz fans jumped in and had the guy thrown out by the cops.

Had a couple of other incidents around town that seemed out of character for the reputation of Griz fans but I am pretty sure those were students.

DuckDuckGriz
July 28th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Idaho.

And I guess you have to understand where they are coming from, being a I-A doorstep getting the ***** canned out of them by a I-AA every year but they are bad. Once when I was walking out of the Kibbie Dome after the 2002 game a coupla old Griz guys were in front of me walking to their cars. As they stepped out onto the street a car came whipping around the corner and did not even slow down -- literally almost hitting the two old men. All the reply that came out of the kids in the car was the middle bird. No joke.

After the game we went to the Corner Sports Bar (recently named one of the best in the country by Sports Illustrated) in Moscow. Let's just say it's a Vandal bar and leave it at that. I was under 18 at the time and in Idaho it is illegal for minors to enter a bar. We asked the co-owner (a Griz fan) if we could just sit on the deck and she said yes. As soon as we walked in with our Montana gear on, it was like the whole room stopped. Basically Seabass and all the gang from Dumb and Dumber were there. That's really what it was like. Not a single person in that bar talked to our whole group the entire night. We were hassled quite a bit, and quite a few guys came out to the deck bitching and trying to get our whole group thrown out because I was there. Eventually though Griz fans took over the bar like always, and there was nothing those bitter Vandals could do about it.

Bozeman is bad for Griz fans, and I'm sure it's visa versa. My mom was hit in the head with a slush ball in 2001 while we were walking into Bobcat Stadium. They were flying everywhere -- and they still throw them at the Griz bench every year.

Every team in I-AA (well in this case I-A too) has their fare share of indecent fans. The larger the fan base, the more there are. Most of them are probably students who are just trying to have a good time at a football game and really don't care how they do it. I am hoping that I don't end up that way at the UO. It is unfortunate but we need to keep in mind that it's only a small percentage of the population.

But Idaho sucked.

ngineer
July 28th, 2005, 07:05 PM
Compared to what I've read, the PL fans are pretty tame...with a few exceptions. ;) The Lehigh/Lafayette Game has seen some very aberrant behavior on both sides of the field--was actually much worse up until mid-90's when the schools put the clamps down.
There have been some 'poor sports' at some of the Delaware games, but as pointed out elsewhere, every large group will undoubtedly have a few a$$ holes.

Tribe4SF
July 28th, 2005, 07:28 PM
The only bad behavior I've seen at UD was two years ago when a group of kids (12-14 yrs old) parked in the front of the W&M fan section and started talking smack. They were shooed away by a couple of former Tribe players. We tailgate in the field right outside the Delaware side and always have a great time talking with Hen fans. Same when they come to Williamsburg.

Years ago (I mean 30 years ago), I was involved in several bad scenes at Richmond. There was always some punk who wanted to fight, and he usually got his wish. I actually had a guy run into my car one year. Haven't seen that stuff lately at Richmond, but then they haven't been drawing crowds like they used to.

Eagle_77
July 28th, 2005, 08:02 PM
Wow can not beleive there is no Georgia Southern hate yet. But wait for it, wait for it! Yeah Im sure its comming

charliej
July 28th, 2005, 08:09 PM
There have been some 'poor sports' at some of the Delaware games, but as pointed out elsewhere, every large group will undoubtedly have a few a$$ holes.

Agreed ngineer. UD was probably where I witnessed the "worst" fan behavior I've seen at a game,but it really was a very small percentage of the crowd.Overall I thought they were a pretty good group.

MR. CHICKEN
July 28th, 2005, 08:10 PM
MARSHALL FANS..(DON'T HAVE TA WORRY 'BOUT 'EM ANYMO')....UH FELLA FROM UH VISITIN' DUPONT PLANT DOWN SOUTH...WAS UH SOGONE REF.....TOLD ME...WHILE DOIN' UH HERD HOMER..........AT HALF..AS HE WAS LEAVIN' DUH FIELD....UH RUDE AN' NASTY HERD-TURD...CHUCKED UH FULL CAN O' ROAD TIN AT HIM..(NOBODY EVERAH ACCUSED DEM O BEIN' SMART...WASTIN' BREW LIKE DAT!)......AN' DUH SECURITY GUARD WORKIN' DUH SECTION......JES' LAUGHED AN' CHEERED DUH TOOF-LESS LAD!..............BRRAAAWWWWKKKKK!

blur2005
July 28th, 2005, 09:06 PM
I am hoping that I don't end up that way at the UO.
Better watch out for the Autzen Zoo...apparently, though I have no experience, it's pretty wild.

bluehenbillk
July 28th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Lehigh & Villanova have the only fans that can be considered irritating at times. There are more than a few of them whose "noses block their brains" and think they're better than everyone else. It's not that big of a deal with VU as they have very few fans as is.

Obzerver
July 28th, 2005, 09:48 PM
A couple of years ago EWU played at Montana. After getting hammered by the Griz we went to wait for the players to come out of the locker room and board the bus. Right after the game a lone Griz fan stood outside the fenced area and yelled for 50 minutes straight...overrated, overrated, overrated. This fan must have carried a grudge for a whole year as this was, I believe, from the year before when EWU beat UM(ranked #1) at Joe Albi Stadium(which by the way is getting torn down) ending a 20 plus win streak. There must have been a couple of EWU guys yelling overrated after EWU's win...it couldn't have been many cause I never heard it. After the 50 minutes were over and the busses began pulling out I saw this guy walking down the street...missing a shoe and sock.

bkrownd
July 28th, 2005, 10:03 PM
I overheard visiting Delaware fans saying bad things about McGuirk last year. Meanies!

ngineer
July 28th, 2005, 11:21 PM
Lehigh & Villanova have the only fans that can be considered irritating at times. There are more than a few of them whose "noses block their brains" and think they're better than everyone else. It's not that big of a deal with VU as they have very few fans as is.

Wouldn't disagree that "we" have been known to be irratating at times, as I have seen the some obnoxious behavior by a few 'thunder chickens' at times--but such conduct usually goes hand in hand with a lot of passion for the alma mater, which both Lehigh and Delaware have a lot in common. ;)

SeattleGriz
July 28th, 2005, 11:55 PM
A couple of years ago EWU played at Montana. After getting hammered by the Griz we went to wait for the players to come out of the locker room and board the bus. Right after the game a lone Griz fan stood outside the fenced area and yelled for 50 minutes straight...overrated, overrated, overrated. This fan must have carried a grudge for a whole year as this was, I believe, from the year before when EWU beat UM(ranked #1) at Joe Albi Stadium(which by the way is getting torn down) ending a 20 plus win streak. There must have been a couple of EWU guys yelling overrated after EWU's win...it couldn't have been many cause I never heard it. After the 50 minutes were over and the busses began pulling out I saw this guy walking down the street...missing a shoe and sock.

I still haven't found that shoe.

Grizo406
July 29th, 2005, 03:20 AM
The only bad experience I've had at Washington/Grizzly Stadium was when pols drank my last beer, and he does it on a regular basis. If pols doesn't get my last beer, then VictorG is right there to take up the slack. ;)

If any of you have a chance to see a Griz home game, stay away from these guys, leave your grandparents, parents, wife, kids, and others close to you home unless they have very thick skin.

If you get an offer to make an extra 50 large by terminating a family pet, by all means, bring it along...the fans at Washington/Grizzly will do the work for you. Your hands/conscience will be clear, and you can quickly place the blame on the evil confines of W/G.

Grizo406
July 29th, 2005, 03:32 AM
Wow can not beleive there is no Georgia Southern hate yet. But wait for it, wait for it! Yeah Im sure its comming

No kidding, Eagle...looking for someone to take to take the heat off of us! ;)

OL FU
July 29th, 2005, 07:36 AM

Nah, my experience has been rowdy, exuberant, boisterous, a little off-color :) but I have not experienced any thing that bothered me. Maybe others have different opinions. I have experienced slightly over the top fans at most places. The worst was one year at Western Carolina. A local redneck came down from the hills with a little too much tequila in him. But it was a one time experience as I have never seen anything close to that again at WCU. We all have those type of fans. I remember some GSU fans at one point talking about a little old lady FU fan giving them the finger. Now if you can get an FU fan that riled up, you are doing something right.

ashram
July 29th, 2005, 08:22 AM
The worst away game experience I've ever had was at Western Carolina in 2003. Before the game, fans in the parking lot were incredibly rude and hostile. After the game my friends and I came back to our cars to find that some of our tailgating stuff had been vandalized and some stuff stolen. After the cars had cleared out, the whole tailgating area just looked like one big trash can. I've never seen anything like it. I can't imagine disprespecting my own school so much that I'd throw that much trash on the ground and leave it for someone else to clean up. The whole experience made me never want to return, but I probably will anyway.

The fans didn't have a lot of smack to talk AFTER the game, at least.

PDXCat
July 29th, 2005, 09:20 AM
The Cat fan is right - you are going to hear from some GRIZ fans. It is no longer safe to go to a game in Bozeman. My sister-in-law was assaulted in the parking lot with no provocation other wearing maroon and silver. I was threatened by five drunks in a restaurant following the game. Their so-called fans shout, "Eat s*** Grizzlies - go Cats go" and "F*** the Griz" the entire game - and it isn't just a few, but rather, entire sections. I have been to many games at the Litterbox, but will never go again. Most people I know feel the same way. I wrote letters to their Chamber of Commerce and their AD and they both said they knew they had a problem and would address it. It's too late for me. I go to many games all over the country and have NO complaints about any other fans - I've enjoyed socializing with all of them.

Don't give us the wha wha 62. The mighty griz fans never threw beer on our players on the sidelines or slashed our team bus tires last year at WG or yelled obcenities at the fans inside the gated area waiting for the players to come out. Nope they never did any of that because they just never would, yeah right. We have our share of bad apples no doubt but I think that now that we have won 2 out of the last 3 the boorish behavior will be less but not gone. Pretty much the same as at WG.

GSUAlumniEagle
July 29th, 2005, 09:30 AM
The worst away game experience I've ever had was at Western Carolina in 2003. Before the game, fans in the parking lot were incredibly rude and hostile. After the game my friends and I came back to our cars to find that some of our tailgating stuff had been vandalized and some stuff stolen. After the cars had cleared out, the whole tailgating area just looked like one big trash can. I've never seen anything like it. I can't imagine disprespecting my own school so much that I'd throw that much trash on the ground and leave it for someone else to clean up. The whole experience made me never want to return, but I probably will anyway.

The fans didn't have a lot of smack to talk AFTER the game, at least.

I've heard this from others about WCU that they will damage your cars and your tailgating gear. What a shame.

The littering problem is huge here in Statesboro too. People just throw their stuff on the ground, and it looks like a warzone after everyone leaves. Rather sad.

The worst fan experience I've ever had was Boone two years ago. That was almost funny they were so retarded.

Reed Rothchild
July 29th, 2005, 09:41 AM
There's nothing like getting videotapes thrown at you by Montana fans.

Ronbo
July 29th, 2005, 09:42 AM
The worst fan experience I've ever had was Boone two years ago. That was almost funny they were so retarded.

Not retarded in the traditional sense. They were achohol retarded. Too much achohol retards brain activity and turns perfectly intelligent folks into blithering retards. :rolleyes: :mad:

Saint3333
July 29th, 2005, 09:43 AM
In the early 90's after an ETSU game I found both my car flags riped off, now I always take them down no matter where I am even Wofford.

As I was leaving the Bake Baker, the TD maker, game at GSU I saw a GSU fan pissing on an ASU vehicle, guess he just had to go and it just happened to be an ASU fan's car.

Yes I know ASU has some fans like this too, of course this thread is :deadhorse

GrizFoo
July 29th, 2005, 09:46 AM
I'd be willing to bet 90% of all incidents are drunk students, some of which probably don't need a football game as an excuse to get roudy and cause problems.
I know at Wash-Griz it doesn't seem to take long for overly roudy people to be shown the exit. Standup fans will usually get security to the right spot to get the bad seeds out.
I completely agree with pdx, the Griz/Cat rivalry I think will tone down a bit and we'll see people enjoying it more instead of being azzholes, save a few dipishts.

Ronbo
July 29th, 2005, 09:48 AM

Tell your Coaches to send films. We had to get film on you from your foes. It pissed off our Coaches and the team so much that I'm sure the 38-0 final was partially motivated by the event. :D Better motivation than the stupidest comment that one of your Coaches or players could have made.

GoGuins
July 29th, 2005, 10:06 AM
1999, after the I-AA title game vs GSU. If it wasn't bad enough we (YSU fans) had to witness "The Run" and the 35 point loss, but after the game on my way to my car, several GSU fans were in me and my family's (which included a 7 yr old) face shouting obcenities and telling us how much we sucked. Truly classless. Some were college age fans, but some were older. It not only happened to me but just about every YSU fan on there way to the p-lot. YSU fans were outnumbered 3-1 so you can imagine the scene. I"m all for celebrating, but not to the point of degrading the other teams fans, especially a 35 point loss. I just kept my mouth shut and held up my seat cushion that read "Youngstown State-Team of the 90's Four National Championships. That didn't seem to help much :p

Ivytalk
July 29th, 2005, 10:07 AM
When I was in college, Dartmouth was always a tough place to play. Now, 30 years later, Ivy fans -- to the extent they show up at all -- tend to be more lackadaisical than obnoxious.

VictorG
July 29th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Now, I ain't making any judgments here, just passing on an observation.

Whereas, I love going to Montana and tailgating there with Pols and Grizo and grzfnz and putter and the rest of the guys, there were some pretty raunchy fans inside the stadium.

I had an opportunity at both games I attended to take pictures for Ralph and I-AA.org. While walking the sidelines, I heard the roughest language and slurs and such coming from the crowd. Opposing players' mothers, sisters, grandmas - everyone was fair game. Also witnessed a fan throw a whiskey bottle which struck a referee after a play on the sidelines.

AGAIN - not meaning to make a value judgment here - it's just what I observed and I had honestly never seen it before anywhere. May God love the GrizNation - I do - but that was some show! They ARE good fans and only the minority are punks, like anywhere else. Lots of intoxication!!

Bless their little hearts!

I'm glad you pointed that out Ccat. All schools have bad fans and bad fans even make me madder than loosing a game! I remember my 1st Griz game. Some drunk a-hole in a different section across the corner from where I was sitting kept yelling racial slurs at the opposing players. What the players heard was just the racial slur not who it was directed at, not that it made any difference to me as I have NO tolerance for that sort of thing. Anyway, players from both teams kept looking up at that section trying to figure out who the heck was yelling at who!

Anyway I was so embarrassed for the team and and players that I seriously thought I wasn't going back again if that's what the fans did. Lucky for me, I went again and sat in a different area and have not experienced similar problems since.

The biggest problem we had around us lately was last year during the Northern Colorado game. Their band sat close to our section and really attempted to provide "school spirit" whenever possible and especially after their team did something good. (Which was frequently because Jackson burned us for over 200 receiving yards that day.) Anyway, round about the 3rd quarter some drunk in our section started yelling at their band to shut up. Eventually, he started leaving his seat and went and got in the "faces" of their band members directly and was yelling at them. No physical contact but definitely out of line! Shortly after that I saw another Griz fan from our section leading a couple of security guys down the isle. When they got close to the drunk about six or seven Griz fans in the area all stood up and pointed at the guy! There wasn't any more problems after that!

Now the whiskey bottle throwing incident was in the paper again this week and the administration, security and police departments are trying to think of ways to stop that type of behavior. That incident and a similar one a few years ago have been talked about several times by the authorities and it is NOT tolerated by the Griz Nation as a whole. I'm hoping we can find ways of controlling this type of behavior without diminishing the overall game day atmosphere.

appst89
July 29th, 2005, 10:18 AM
The worst gameday experience I ever had was at Marshall. That was the only time I have been truly scared at a sporting event. The Marshall fans were threatening physical harm to the small group of ASU fans in one section of their stadium and they were being encouraged by the security guards.

A very close second was a trip to Statesboro. On the walk from the stadium back to my car I witnessed a small child wearing an ASU shirt hit with a half-full beer can thrown from a passing car, I had to endure a stream of GSU students yelling obscenities at every ASU fan passing by, and when I got to the parking lot the tires on the car parked next to mine were all cut.

I know GSU fans feel pretty much the same way about ASU and I don't really mean my response to be an attack on GSU. I'm just relating my two worst experiences as a fan. I get angry when I see ASU fans behaving badly toward the fans of other teams, but we do have our share of people who don't know how to act.

Cap'n Cat
July 29th, 2005, 10:24 AM
I'm glad you pointed that out Ccat. All schools have bad fans and bad fans even make me madder than loosing a game! I remember my 1st Griz game. Some drunk a-hole in a different section across the corner from where I was sitting kept yelling racial slurs at the opposing players. What the players heard was just the racial slur not who it was directed at, not that it made any difference to me as I have NO tolerance for that sort of thing. Anyway, players from both teams kept looking up at that section trying to figure out who the heck was yelling at who!

Anyway I was so embarrassed for the team and and players that I seriously thought I wasn't going back again if that's what the fans did. Lucky for me, I went again and sat in a different area and have not experienced similar problems since.

The biggest problem we had around us lately was last year during the Northern Colorado game. Their band sat close to our section and really attempted to provide "school spirit" whenever possible and especially after their team did something good. (Which was frequently because Jackson burned us for over 200 receiving yards that day.) Anyway, round about the 3rd quarter some drunk in our section started yelling at their band to shut up. Eventually, he started leaving his seat and went and got in the "faces" of their band members directly and was yelling at them. No physical contact but definitely out of line! Shortly after that I saw another Griz fan from our section leading a couple of security guys down the isle. When they got close to the drunk about six or seven Griz fans in the area all stood up and pointed at the guy! There wasn't any more problems after that!

Now the whiskey bottle throwing incident was in the paper again this week and the administration, security and police departments are trying to think of ways to stop that type of behavior. That incident and a similar one a few years ago have been talked about several times by the authorities and it is NOT tolerated by the Griz Nation as a whole. I'm hoping we can find ways of controlling this type of behavior without diminishing the overall game day atmosphere.

All I know is, when I go there this year, I'm stickin' next to Pols. He's got that "Kasczinski" look about him and I think people leave him alone!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Eagle_77
July 29th, 2005, 10:25 AM
;) You knew it was comming LMAO

Cap'n Cat
July 29th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Tell your Coaches to send films. We had to get film on you from your foes. It pissed off our Coaches and the team so much that I'm sure the 38-0 final was partially motivated by the event. :D Better motivation than the stupidest comment that one of your Coaches or players could have made.

Ron,
Ancient history, AND, Reed's talking about something completely different - he was a player on that '01 team and had videotapes thrown at him.

Two separate issues. He had nothing to do with the videotape controversy other than to get beaned by some minority of *****heads tossing them.

:)

blukeys
July 29th, 2005, 10:46 AM
I'd be willing to bet 90% of all incidents are drunk students, some of which probably don't need a football game as an excuse to get roudy and cause problems.I know at Wash-Griz it doesn't seem to take long for overly roudy people to be shown the exit. Standup fans will usually get security to the right spot to get the bad seeds out.

Ah, yes when youthful inexperience and exuberance are mixed with alcohol the potential for obnoxious behavior skyrockets. Although our ushers have been collecting social security since the 60's, They will respond when unruly fans cross the line.

Some young folks just don't know how to behave at a game away from parental supervision.

I have always had certain rules that I taught my son and nephews about what constituted acceptable enthusiasm vs boorish behavior. They are:

1. While tailgating before the game, good hearted ribbing, smacking or even tormenting of opposing fans is ok provided it is made with an offer of a beer and a smile.

2. The fan's main job is cheering on our team. But if you want to torment the opposing team (Our seats are in the East, visitors, stands) at least make it witty and humorous. The comment "Hey number 98 You suck" demonstrates only that you learned how to read numbers while in college.

3. Never throw anything onto the field. (yes I know UNI fans. UD students didn't know how to handle snow.)

4. Kids are totally off limits. Don't hector, harrass, use obscenity, or torment anyone with kids. Parents take kids to these events in part to show them a good time in a safe environment. Don't make them regret it.

5. After the game don't be a sore winner. If you want to rub it in at least do it with a smile and see no.1.

6. If you lose there is always next week, next year, and another beer to drown your sorrows.

appst89
July 29th, 2005, 10:47 AM
;) You knew it was comming LMAO

I don't exactly understand why you would be laughing at someone who had a terrible experience at your home. I know ASU fans have behaved badly on a few occasions and I don't think it's the least bit funny. I hate that people representing my school choose to behave like idiots and spoil the experience for visitors to our campus.

Eagle_77
July 29th, 2005, 10:51 AM
I don't exactly understand why you would be laughing at someone who had a terrible experience at your home. I know ASU fans have behaved badly on a few occasions and I don't think it's the least bit funny. I hate that people representing my school choose to behave like idiots and spoil the experience for visitors to our campus.

I wasnt laughing at the experience I was laughing about my earlier post of that we were nearly through 2 pages of post with no mention of GSU. Im not sure if you have followed this post from the start but I beleive you would have realized the meaning of my post had you.

Down with the Foe!
July 29th, 2005, 11:02 AM
1999, after the I-AA title game vs GSU.

That squad that travelled to WA-Griz and beat us, was truly one of the most class-less group of players I have ever seen.

Before the game, during, and after.....talking smack, taunting, talking trash, leading the verbal attacks on Griz fans. Late hits on the players, sideline bull$hi+, throwing ice and gatorade into the stands,

They were a very good team on the field, but classless.

The fans seemed like fine enough folks, but the players where $hi+!

I do not like YSU to this day, and it all stems from that cold Novermber day.

I look forward to any game we can play them again, and kick their A$$es.

WA-Griz is agreat family experience, and there are always a few loudmouths for sure....even towards each other....but who doesn't have these people inside the gates?

Go Griz

McNeese75
July 29th, 2005, 11:37 AM
97 playoff game at the Tub. We had to walk by the student section in the endzone on the way in and there was a lot of smack talk coming our way from them and a few fans in the stands during the game. After the winning field goal, we elected to walk around the OTHER endzone to exit the stadium. Nothing happened but it just seemed the wise thing to do as there was no joy in Henville that night :D

DuckDuckGriz
July 29th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Don't give us the wha wha 62. The mighty griz fans never threw beer on our players on the sidelines or slashed our team bus tires last year at WG or yelled obcenities at the fans inside the gated area waiting for the players to come out. Nope they never did any of that because they just never would, yeah right. We have our share of bad apples no doubt but I think that now that we have won 2 out of the last 3 the boorish behavior will be less but not gone. Pretty much the same as at WG.

If the tires were slashed inside a locked and guarded area, why are you the first one to tell anyone about it? :rolleyes:

By the way, 2 out of 3 is a nice touch. Try 17 out of 19 :D

DuckDuckGriz
July 29th, 2005, 11:45 AM

Not that I don't believe you, but that is the first time I've ever heard of that, and I was at the game inside the stadiums even since before warmups and never saw any of that. I felt bad for the abuse UNI fans and players had to take but it went both ways. The late hits, nut punch, and water squarted at fans on behind the sidelines by some of the Panther players was inexcusable. There was even a report that a woman was spit on by one of them. Whether that is true or not I don't know but if it is that is just wrong.

Catsfan
July 29th, 2005, 11:48 AM
I've been to a lot of I-AA games in the last 10 years (maybe 75 games), all in the northeast, including Virginia. I've have observed poor behavior only a couple of occasions. Twice at Delaware, but it wasn't actually at the games, it was in the parking lots after the games, and it was, of course, intoxicated students behaving obnoxiously. The other incident was, interetsingly, the Youngstown State band, who felt entitled to be at the front of the concession lines at the end of halftime, and physically forced their way into position.

GoGuins
July 29th, 2005, 12:01 PM
The other incident was, interetsingly, the Youngstown State band, who felt entitled to be at the front of the concession lines at the end of halftime, and physically forced their way into position.

People let band members physically force their way in front of them? No way I let someone who plays a flute to get in front of me :D

CrunchGriz
July 29th, 2005, 12:01 PM

If you didn't hear "Overrated!" being repeatedly chanted, Obzerver, you were either not paying attention in your excitement over the big win or were already out of the stadium, because a whole section was chanting it, quite loudly, actually, not just one guy. Probably the student section, but it definitely happened, and it stuck in the craw of several Griz fans who where at the game, including moi. In fact, although I won't be one of the chanters, should the Griz beat EWU again this year, it left a big enough impression that you'll undoubtedly hear it again, sad as that is.

GoGuins
July 29th, 2005, 12:06 PM
That squad that travelled to WA-Griz and beat us, was truly one of the most class-less group of players I have ever seen.

Before the game, during, and after.....talking smack, taunting, talking trash, leading the verbal attacks on Griz fans. Late hits on the players, sideline bull$hi+, throwing ice and gatorade into the stands,

WA-Griz is agreat family experience, and there are always a few loudmouths for sure....even towards each other....but who doesn't have these people inside the gates?

Go Griz

What player doesn't trash talk on the field? With the fans, I have trouble believing YSU players throwing stuff in the stands. I'm sure they had a few things thrown at them though. YSU players throwing ice & Gatorade in the stands? C'mon. For you other Griz fans that were at the game, did this really happen?

As far as late hits, cheap shots, I still have a video of that game and the only cheap shot I remember is when YSU QB Jeff Ryan got an intentional clothes line 10 yards out of bounds on the Griz sideline.

Sounds like you are a little bitter that YSU has owned the Griz in the playoffs.

Green Cookie Monster
July 29th, 2005, 12:12 PM
The rudest and most arrogant fans I have ever encountered are on chat rooms and message boards.

The experiences I have had in stadiums have always been very pleasant, with the occassional odd exemption.

VictorG
July 29th, 2005, 12:12 PM
If you didn't hear "Overrated!" being repeatedly chanted, Obzerver, you were either not paying attention in your excitement over the big win or were already out of the stadium, because a whole section was chanting it, quite loudly, actually, not just one guy. Probably the student section, but it definitely happened, and it stuck in the craw of several Griz fans who where at the game, including moi. In fact, although I won't be one of the chanters, should the Griz beat EWU again this year, it left a big enough impression that you'll undoubtedly hear it again, sad as that is.

The chant actually started in the 1st quarter and grew louder the whole game. I heard it, hated it and still do! In fact, that's what I remember most about that game.

However, you beat us fair and square I look at it as one of those chants that works well to get under the other teams and fans skin. Kinda like our chant of "poor bobcats"! :) Really, no harm no foul kinda thing! If there really was one fan yelling that for 50 minutes, he really needed to sober up and get a life! I don't know what to think of that other than pretty pathetic!

Green Cookie Monster
July 29th, 2005, 12:13 PM
No way I let someone who plays a flute to get in front of me :D

Unless she went to band camp during the summer.

http://www.askmen.co.uk/imagessexsymbol/2003_may/alyson_hannigan/alyson_hannigan_150b.jpg

VictorG
July 29th, 2005, 12:21 PM
The only bad experience I've had at Washington/Grizzly Stadium was when pols drank my last beer, and he does it on a regular basis. If pols doesn't get my last beer, then VictorG is right there to take up the slack. ;)

Not quite right! I'm the one filling the beer up! (I hate long lines!)

If you get an offer to make an extra 50 large by terminating a family pet, by all means, bring it along...the fans at Washington/Grizzly will do the work for you. Your hands/conscience will be clear, and you can quickly place the blame on the evil confines of W/G.

To many BBQ's not enough meat! What can I say..........

Cap'n Cat
July 29th, 2005, 12:28 PM
People let band members physically force their way in front of them? No way I let someone who plays a flute to get in front of me :D

LMFatAO!!!!!!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

http://www.edmontonsabers.com/Flute.jpg
"OK, remember, Lindsay. Any of them drunk tailgatin *****s get in yer way, shove that thing up their azzes!!"

:nod: :D :D :D :D :nod: :nod: :nod: :p :p :p :p :D :p :p :p :D

appst89
July 29th, 2005, 12:31 PM
I wasnt laughing at the experience I was laughing about my earlier post of that we were nearly through 2 pages of post with no mention of GSU. Im not sure if you have followed this post from the start but I beleive you would have realized the meaning of my post had you.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I know there are people who've had their worst experience at ASU and it makes me furious when I hear those stories. I don't understand why poeplecan't just be fans of their own teams without acting like jackasses to fans of the opposition.

LEHIGH61
July 29th, 2005, 12:40 PM
By far - They act like don't even think opposing fans should show up at their stadium. They are insulting and arrogant. I love my Lehigh team, and I go to most of their games, but I will never go to Delaware Stadium again. The fans are a disgrace to 1AA football. Absolutely no sportsmanship.
Thank goodness this year's game will be on CN8 (I CAN'T WAIT)!

Eagle_77
July 29th, 2005, 12:44 PM
No problem. I agree there is a such thing as going to far. I think that a lot of people think our fans are bad because of how much crap our students give the team. They sit right behind the vistors bench and usally get pretty rowdy. I understand where the other teams are comming from but I cant say that I wish the students would stop. Several times a game the other teams players will taunt the students or flip them off or yell back. At that I say the 12th man is doing its job because if they are paying that much attention to the fans then they are not paying enough attention to the game.

PDXCat
July 29th, 2005, 01:06 PM
If the tires were slashed inside a locked and guarded area, why are you the first one to tell anyone about it? :rolleyes:

By the way, 2 out of 3 is a nice touch. Try 17 out of 19 :D

DDG, it did happen but swept under the rug, theres nothing good to come out of publicizing something like that. The idea is to lessen the acrimony not flame it. Anyway, I did want to say that although those things happened, it was the minority that created the problems. By and large the crowd was pleasant enough - it is a rivalry game so a few jibes here and there are to be expected. There were even a few compliments thrown our way on the way out. The 2 out of 3 is not only a nice touch but is fact. We're measured by "what have you done for me lately", most of us could give a rats azz about what the griz did 5, 10, or 15+ years ago. You beat us last year but we get you at our place this year. Hope you have a memorable experience - I know we're planning on it.

kats89
July 29th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Northwestern St. I don't think I will ever return to a game at Nw St. I think Montana fans can atest to the NW St Demon fans and football team.

DuckDuckGriz
July 29th, 2005, 01:31 PM
DDG, it did happen but swept under the rug, theres nothing good to come out of publicizing something like that. The idea is to lessen the acrimony not flame it. Anyway, I did want to say that although those things happened, it was the minority that created the problems. By and large the crowd was pleasant enough - it is a rivalry game so a few jibes here and there are to be expected. There were even a few compliments thrown our way on the way out. The 2 out of 3 is not only a nice touch but is fact. We're measured by "what have you done for me lately", most of us could give a rats azz about what the griz did 5, 10, or 15+ years ago. You beat us last year but we get you at our place this year. Hope you have a memorable experience - I know we're planning on it.

Okay so what's the difference between 2 out of 3 and for the Griz 3 out of 5? If we get into this argument for real though, I might have to gauge my eyes.

I know the Griz had to stay in Livingston last time because their bus kept getting vandalized in Bozeman so it does go both ways. I agree it is the minority and considering the fact that this rivalry is so heated, I am glad that nothing too disastrous has happened for either side. Imagine all the riots that happened in Butte -- a place where they held the game to get AWAY from the nasty behavior!

ChickenMan
July 29th, 2005, 01:41 PM
By far - They act like don't even think opposing fans should show up at their stadium. They are insulting and arrogant. I love my Lehigh team, and I go to most of their games, but I will never go to Delaware Stadium again. The fans are a disgrace to 1AA football. Absolutely no sportsmanship.
Thank goodness this year's game will be on CN8 (I CAN'T WAIT)!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/images/300/baby_crying_closeup.jpg

We sure will miss you... :D :p ;)

bluehenbillk
July 29th, 2005, 02:31 PM
My sentiments exactly - a typical Le-High fan.

catbob
July 29th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Okay so what's the difference between 2 out of 3 and for the Griz 3 out of 5? If we get into this argument for real though, I might have to gauge my eyes.

I know the Griz had to stay in Livingston last time because their bus kept getting vandalized in Bozeman so it does go both ways. I agree it is the minority and considering the fact that this rivalry is so heated, I am glad that nothing too disastrous has happened for either side. Imagine all the riots that happened in Butte -- a place where they held the game to get AWAY from the nasty behavior!

I heard Hauck refused to help out the Bozeman economy in any way shape or form.

Proud Griz Man
July 29th, 2005, 03:17 PM
I heard Hauck refused to help out the Bozeman economy in any way shape or form.

I am sure your source has an anti-Hauck agenda/anti-Griz agenda, like most bobscatnation posters.

Down with the Foe!
July 29th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Sounds like you are a little bitter that YSU has owned the Griz in the playoffs.

yup, that's exactly how I sounded.

you keep living on that "once was" thing, ...how's that working for ya lately?

like I said...no sour grapes, they were one of THE most classless teams I ever saw in all of my years in this game

High School, College, and several years of coaching at various levels.

Gettin the idea?

You spin it any way ya want.

bkrownd
July 29th, 2005, 04:05 PM

Massachusetts has a "facist" toy-soldier band too, and some of them can get pretty pushy when they're in their band mob.

GoGuins
July 29th, 2005, 04:26 PM
yup, that's exactly how I sounded.

you keep living on that "once was" thing, ...how's that working for ya lately?

like I said...no sour grapes, they were one of THE most classless teams I ever saw in all of my years in this game

High School, College, and several years of coaching at various levels.

Gettin the idea?

You spin it any way ya want.

It's amazing that you're the only Griz fan I've ever seen on here that's ever called YSU classless. And I'll take "once was" thing over what you got anyday.

Never once did I mention anything about YSU's past successes. I don't live in the past, yea we've gone downhill since Tressel left, you don't think we YSU fans don't notice two straight losing seasons??

I respect the Griz and even lived in Montana for a couple years, but to think YSU players would be wasting time tossing items into the Montana crowd while battling Montana in a great game, I just don't see it. I'm also not saying YSU players are angels and never did anything wrong.

I guess you saw what you saw, but where are all the other Griz fans (and there's many on here) that saw the same thing?

Are you gettin it?

Down with the Foe!
July 29th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Are you gettin it?

Ya, I'm gettin it

ask any "Guin" fan that was there, and there were numerous, "telling your players to STFU" as they walked on one side of the fence, taunting and yelling all kinds a crap at the Griz fans (who like me, were sad, and upset, and not saying a word)..... and yes, again they were throwing crap...this time through and over the chain link fence. (Ice and gatorade hit my wife and seven year old daughter)

So you and any of them reading this can kiss my arse, what comes around, goes around. (we've been through a few coaches ourselves....and keep reloading, so keep that chin up)

I sent numerous e-mails and letters to the staff, dept, and University...not one word back ever....so I am not a fan of the program ya got there.

we can stop this now, Or I can keep at it...it's up to you.

I was there...you were not.

GoGuins
July 29th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Ya, I'm gettin it

ask any "Guin" fan that was there, and there were numerous, "telling your players to STFU" as they walked on one side of the fence, taunting and yelling all kinds a crap at the Griz fans (who like me, were sad, and upset, and not saying a word)..... and yes, again they were throwing crap...this time through and over the chain link fence. (Ice and gatorade hit my wife and seven year old daughter)

So you and any of them reading this can kiss my arse, what comes around, goes around. (we've been through a few coaches ourselves....and keep reloading, so keep that chin up)

I sent numerous e-mails and letters to the staff, dept, and University...not one word back ever....so I am not a fan of the program ya got there.

we can stop this now, Or I can keep at it...it's up to you.

I was there...you were not.

I actually did ask on our message board for those who were there, so I guess I'll hear from others that were there. Still curious why no other Griz fans coming to your defense? :confused:

TheBisonator
July 29th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Back when we were in Division II, I took a trip up to see the Bison play the UND Sioux in Grand Forks. Back then they were out biggest rival. It was the biggest rivalry in Division II. And all us Bison fans in there wearing our yellow and green were targets for lots of verbal assault from Sioux fans. They really treated us like crap there. Also, the concessions were really overpriced, and I had to park in a cow pasture just outside the parking lot. Also we lost 28-21, and that was probably the worst thing. They really rubbed it in our faces when we lost the game. Overall, the Sioux fans were NOT hospitable.

Pen Guin
July 29th, 2005, 06:48 PM

Go Griz

What game were you at? I was at both YSU v Montana games ... btw: since you are 0-2 against us ... all you can do is look 'forward' to that "cold day" ... . You conveniently combined a series of events into one. First of all, I had a wonderful time in Montana ... in general, everyone was wonderful & a great game.

YSU made an offensive change to some option. The griz secondary were tired, coming in late and intentionally sliding into Penguin players ankles, feet first ... clearly looking to do some damage. After our QB barely made the first down on a bootleg ... he (griz #54, or maybe 56) threw his hand right at Ryan's chin (10 feet out-of-bounds), then tried to bring his other arm up and catch him on the back of the head. However, Ryan fell from the first cheap blow & the griz db just caught the back of his helmet with the second attempt. YSU fans made noise looking for the flag (rightfully so). Then when the flag was thrown (unfortunately it was just a bit late), it was a small group of Griz fans that launched a salvo of drinks. Yes, a few YSU players responded, and a couple of them even threw the contents (not the paper cups) of their drinks at obnoxious griz fans behind the fence that were yelling and throwing things, but the Guin players were quickly stopped by other Penguin players & Tressel sat both of them for a series. The security removed those griz fans & it was back to the game. As far as the smack talk ... I know that it happened ... but there was plenty of that to go around.

Best away game fans I was ever at ... for I-AA it was Villanova. YSU barely snatched a win, after the game the players were congratulating and consoling each other. There was even some exchanges of wrist bands. Penguins players reportedly wore them the rest of the post-season. Fans from both sides stayed and stood when the alma mater was played.
Worst, as GoGuins said, GSU was pretty bad in '99, but with a win like that ... I try to 'cut them some slack' ... but gracious winners they were not. Marshall was far worse in my opinion. In the 80's, Akron fans were very bad, but it was a very intense rivalry. I remember on two different occasions, the players chased our kicker (for those of you that remember Philly Eagles/Penguin great Paul McFadden is whom I am speaking of) and tried to step on his kicking foot after ever kick ... he was a barefoot kicker. It was grass and cleats back then.

LEHIGH61
July 29th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Did you see their reactions to my post? Sure does explain a lot of things doesn't it? They are truly sick!! CASE CLOSED!! .

PAllen
July 29th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Some long time Lehigh fans will say UD fans are this way but Lehigh folks have their share of bad apples as well including some who defaced the field at Delaware Stadium before a game one year. In other words you have rude fans on both sides in most cases.

I have seen rude fans at Delaware, and I wouldn't exactly call it the friendliest place to visit as a fan of the visiting team (nowhere in the general philly area is). But honestly, my overall memory of Delaware fans is that the students are incredibly rude, while the alums and even some of the most vocal non-alum fans are truely great hosts. I went to an LU-UD matchup back in the days when I would scream my head off at a game. I sat in front of a couple (I know the guy was an alum, but I'm not sure about his wife) from the DC area. We talked before the game about our trips up 95, and just had a nice hour and a half conversation. The game started and soon I was losing my voice. During a time out, the guy behind me (UD alum, me a recent LU grad) insisted on buying me a drink to save my voice. He stayed and put up with me the whole game, and we even talked for a while during the post-game show. A real class act. At the same game, there was a non-alum (I assume) UD fan who was screaming as much as I was, although in a bit less respectful manner. He gave up and left early in the fourth quarter. He made a point (even though he was more than a few sections away), to come over, climb into the stands, and as inebriated as he was, shake my hand to congratulate me on my very vocal support of the Lehigh team. While he exhibitted very little class in most of his shouts during the game, it did show something to come over and shake the hand of the guy three sections over who was screaming just as loud for the other team. I would agree, every side has a few groups that are just very rude. But I would also say that most have some really classy fans too.

ChickenMan
July 30th, 2005, 06:58 AM
Did you see their reactions to my post? Sure does explain a lot of things doesn't it? They are truly sick!! CASE CLOSED!! .

http://www.mckeephotography.com/halloween/Resources/crybaby.jpeg

older... and still whining... :p

thirdgendin
July 30th, 2005, 08:09 AM

Compared to Marshall, you're saints!

Sam Adams
July 30th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Georgia Southern fans attacked the UMass Minuteman Marching Band ("The Power and Class of New England") and trashed a bunch of the band equipment. Spitting tobacco juice on 19 year old female clarinet players etc. GSU fans were understandably upset with ass kicking their team was taking, however that type of behavior earns them a mention on this list. :D

catbob
July 30th, 2005, 01:01 PM
I am sure your source has an anti-Hauck agenda/anti-Griz agenda, like most bobscatnation posters.

Just saying that's what I heard, didn't say I believed it. Was just wondering if anyone else heard the same thing.

My worst treatment was at W/Griz, but that was because I was in the marching band at the time. We had hats stolen, instruments vandalized, my sax had to have 200 dollars of repair done to it. We got flipped off, spit on, verbally harassed the entire time we were there. It wasn't consistent or anything, but we definately got flipped off and yelled at a lot. We were marching into the stadium and some griz fans jumped in front of us saying "halt, we have griz fans who want to pass first", the motioned for his buddies to come through. We marched right into him. ;) I'm pretty thick skinned, those things didn't bother me, but I do NOT tolerate vandalism of any sort, that pissed me off.

Also at Idaho State last year, there were several redshirt players in the front row who kept yelling at everyone wearing MSU gear, but they were pretty tame. Although I went to several parties that night wearing my MSU sweatshirt, and I almost got my drunk arse beat into the ground, I didn't do any taunting, to my knowledge (I was smashed), my friend said he saved me from a big DL looking redshirt. ;)

The EWU fans at MSU last year got really mad when OUR band came to the section we were in and started playing the fight song. They got shut up pretty quickly.

I've only travelled to 2 different locations to see the Cats play so I can't really comment on it too much.

Bottom line - bad seeds everywhere, some schools have more, some schools bad seeds are tamer, but nowhere is perfect.

CatFan22
July 30th, 2005, 01:32 PM
To all the griz fans, everything that happens in Bozeman happens in Missoula too. Don't make it sound like you guys are the innocent victims all the time. My friends and I get the same treatment in Missoula. In Missoula in '02, we didn't get tickets to the game so we just waited until after the game, and when we walked around to ask the score after the game and a group of students threatened to kick our a**es and what not. I'm sure the only way they acted like that was because of the fact they lost. I rarely felt safe at any point of the game. Anyway, my point is that griz fans aren't all innocent and the complete opposite of cat fans.

CatFan22
July 30th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Not that I don't believe you, but that is the first time I've ever heard of that, and I was at the game inside the stadiums even since before warmups and never saw any of that. I felt bad for the abuse UNI fans and players had to take but it went both ways. The late hits, nut punch, and water squarted at fans on behind the sidelines by some of the Panther players was inexcusable. There was even a report that a woman was spit on by one of them. Whether that is true or not I don't know but if it is that is just wrong.

Batteries are also thrown a lot along with tapes.

Obzerver
July 30th, 2005, 05:23 PM
The EWU fans at MSU last year got really mad when OUR band came to the section we were in and started playing the fight song. They got shut up pretty quickly.

I was there when the band came over. You're right, the band stopped playing your fight song right in the middle of it after the EWU scored another TD on their way to the win...I felt sorry for those guys.

catbob
July 30th, 2005, 06:00 PM
There was an EWU fan in front of me who stood up and told the band to leave. It was 31-10 at that point, because I yelled "scoreboard" to him.

TexasTerror
July 30th, 2005, 08:16 PM
I heard the EWU fans were pretty awful, as was the security throughout the Sam-EWU playoff game. Band members were told to run at the end of the game, basically for their well-being, but luckily, Sam won and it wasn't as hostile as the EWU folks were glancing at that 34-34 scoreboard, clueless...

Obzerver
July 31st, 2005, 04:44 PM
If you didn't experience it first hand...it don't count(here-say).

Eagle_77
August 1st, 2005, 03:29 PM
Georgia Southern fans attacked the UMass Minuteman Marching Band ("The Power and Class of New England") and trashed a bunch of the band equipment. Spitting tobacco juice on 19 year old female clarinet players etc. GSU fans were understandably upset with ass kicking their team was taking, however that type of behavior earns them a mention on this list. :D

Wow your funny. I mean it could have been any of us dumb southerns because we all chew tabacco and all.

And I wouldnt call 98 a ass kicking. Now 99 yeah that was an ass kicking.

GannonFan
August 1st, 2005, 03:42 PM
There were a couple really rank Northeastern fans last year at the UMass game. I couldn't believe the obscenities and threats they were yelling at the players and refs. It is a quiet family atmosphere at NU and here were a few bad apples screaming for all to hear. :nonono2:

Actually, they could have just been talking in a normal conversation - Parsons is so intimate (i.e. tiny as hell) that any conversation can be heard anywhere.

Hoo-ah
August 1st, 2005, 05:06 PM
Wow your funny. I mean it could have been any of us dumb southerns because we all chew tabacco and all.

And I wouldnt call 98 a ass kicking. Now 99 yeah that was an ass kicking.

Weze that grews up in da western Mass (where Umass is located) chew da tabac to. Weze alsos grows (going away fast) ands picks somes of da best cigar wrapper in da planet!! Youse mites have partoken 1 of ours cigars in da finer establisments in da big citi of Atlantis (done that many times). Dem citi folks from da boston/ny/nj thinks weze hicks to (as our parents attempt to give them a quality education--with minimal state support).

Neither 98 or 99 was an ass kicking--just hard fought football games by great teams!

blukeys
August 1st, 2005, 06:51 PM
Weze that grews up in da western Mass (where Umass is located) chew da tabac to. Weze alsos grows (going away fast) ands picks somes of da best cigar wrapper in da planet!! Youse mites have partoken 1 of ours cigars in da finer establisments in da big citi of Atlantis (done that many times). Dem citi folks from da boston/ny/nj thinks weze hicks to (as our parents attempt to give them a quality education--with minimal state support). Neither 98 or 99 was an ass kicking--just hard fought football games by great teams!

WOW a UMASS redneck. :eek: :eek: :) :D I knew I always felt more at home in the Berkshires than visiting my brother in Sudbury. ;) I guess there might be some hope for Massachusetts yet. :rolleyes: But I won't hold my breath till I see Kennedy and Kerry gone. :D :D

For the record Hoo-ah, don't try to talk like Mr. Chicken unless you are really a chicken. :cool:

Of course there was one team that beat UMASS in 98. No need to mention who that was. However you are right on regarding both 98 and 99. 2 good teams beating each others brains out. That is the way a national championship should be decided! :) :) :)

Hoo-ah
August 1st, 2005, 08:15 PM
WOW a UMASS redneck. :eek: :eek: :) :D I knew I always felt more at home in the Berkshires than visiting my brother in Sudbury. ;) I guess there might be some hope for Massachusetts yet. :rolleyes: But I won't hold my breath till I see Kennedy and Kerry gone. :D :D

For the record Hoo-ah, don't try to talk like Mr. Chicken unless you are really a chicken. :cool:

Of course there was one team that beat UMASS in 98. No need to mention who that was. However you are right on regarding both 98 and 99. 2 good teams beating each others brains out. That is the way a national championship should be decided! :) :) :)

Thanks for the compliment--but the more commonly used term is "townie' or as we joked "cutters."

My apologies to Mr. Chicken--it's difficult to write "hick" coming from accentless western Mass.

The loss to uCON by 1 point in 98 hurt worse then any of the losses to UD (we were used to it in those days....)

(WARNING:Shameless plug to follow) Amherst will be featured on the Travel Channel tonight at 9:30 (and other days).

http://travel.discovery.com/schedule/episode.jsp?episode=9&cpi=112226&gid=13786&channel=TRV

WCU LawCat
August 1st, 2005, 08:19 PM

The Furman WCU game in 2003 was talked about right after the game too. Someone (or a group) went out into the parking lot and took a number of car flags. Our new WCU car flags had just been put out in the WCU bookstore. The majority of the tailgating in the main lot is done by the Greek community. They really do leave the lot in a mess. I've always blaimed campus police for a lot of it because they allow the students to completely take over. This year they have a new police chief.

The worst experience I've had was the 2003 GSU game in Statesboro. First time I have ever been there. Fans were not all that bad (because we had them on the ropes) until the very end once they had sealed a victory. From that point on it was one comment thrown my way after another. I know it was a little different for GSU to be worried and coming from behind most of the game but I hustled to get out of that town after the game.

blukeys
August 1st, 2005, 08:33 PM
No problem with the shameless plug. We have put up with Colgate 13's plugs of Colgate for a LOOOOONG TIME ;) ;) ;) .

I think that Western Mass. especially the area around Pittsfield is one of the truly beautiful undiscovered and unrecognized areas of the U.S. I alway enjoy my visits there and my interactions with UMASS fans (unfortunately there is not much interaction as they show up about 15 minutes before game time and we have been partying there for 3 hours and are totally drunk.)

As much as Hen fans love to torment UMASS, we have always respected the quality of the program, the class of the fans when we visited, and the quality of the band. (no I'm not joking). The 2003 game was one for the ages but I have seen numerous UD - UM games that were for the ages going back to 1968.

Now that you are closer to Henville you need to see the 2005 version of both teams. It looks as if the UD - UMASS game will see the induction of RICH GANNON into the UD Hall of Fame. This is an event not to be missed. Come on up!!! We can teach you how to spit the tobacco and speak like Mr. Chicken (NooooooT) :D :D :D

Eagle_77
August 2nd, 2005, 08:46 AM
Weze that grews up in da western Mass (where Umass is located) chew da tabac to. Weze alsos grows (going away fast) ands picks somes of da best cigar wrapper in da planet!! Youse mites have partoken 1 of ours cigars in da finer establisments in da big citi of Atlantis (done that many times). Dem citi folks from da boston/ny/nj thinks weze hicks to (as our parents attempt to give them a quality education--with minimal state support).

Neither 98 or 99 was an ass kicking--just hard fought football games by great teams!

Well done! :D

DuckDuckGriz
August 2nd, 2005, 12:37 PM
Batteries are also thrown a lot along with tapes.

Okay now I have been reasonable in listening to your complaints but I am sure every Griz fan will back me up here when I say that's bull*****.

SoCon48
August 2nd, 2005, 06:14 PM
[QUOTE=WCU LawCat]The Furman WCU game in 2003 was talked about right after the game too. Someone (or a group) went out into the parking lot and took a number of car flags. Our new WCU car flags had just been put out in the WCU bookstore.

Hmm. Did you check the WCU parking lot the next week to see if they were re-appearing on other WCU fans' cars? Or being used as a Greek fund raising project? ;)
Hmmmm.

As for myself, I ALWAYS put my flags in the trunk once I arrived at the game as well as the magnetic decals. Otherwise, it's kinda like leaving a leather coat or Christmas presents on the seat at the shopping mall.

SoCon48
August 2nd, 2005, 06:17 PM
Okay now I have been reasonable in listening to your complaints but I am sure every Griz fan will back me up here when I say that's bull*****.

Never heard about the batteries, but the liquor bottle throwing made national news. Guess the fans didn't want to leave them in the stands for someone to cut their feet on.
(hell it would have been OK if they had just left a few swigs in them!) :cool:

WCU LawCat
August 2nd, 2005, 06:22 PM
I ALWAYS put my flags in the trunk once I arrived at the game
Thats why my new flags were not taken.

kats89
August 2nd, 2005, 07:59 PM
Ah, yes when youthful inexperience and exuberance are mixed with alcohol the potential for obnoxious behavior skyrockets. Although our ushers have been collecting social security since the 60's, They will respond when unruly fans cross the line.

Some young folks just don't know how to behave at a game away from parental supervision.

I have always had certain rules that I taught my son and nephews about what constituted acceptable enthusiasm vs boorish behavior. They are:

1. While tailgating before the game, good hearted ribbing, smacking or even tormenting of opposing fans is ok provided it is made with an offer of a beer and a smile.

2. The fan's main job is cheering on our team. But if you want to torment the opposing team (Our seats are in the East, visitors, stands) at least make it witty and humorous. The comment "Hey number 98 You suck" demonstrates only that you learned how to read numbers while in college.

3. Never throw anything onto the field. (yes I know UNI fans. UD students didn't know how to handle snow.)

4. Kids are totally off limits. Don't hector, harrass, use obscenity, or torment anyone with kids. Parents take kids to these events in part to show them a good time in a safe environment. Don't make them regret it.

5. After the game don't be a sore winner. If you want to rub it in at least do it with a smile and see no.1.

6. If you lose there is always next week, next year, and another beer to drown your sorrows.

Last year at NW St we had players on the sidelines turning around and yelling some things at us that I didn't deem very appropriate, especially with my 8 year old daughter sitting there with me. Then I told the player to shut the hell up there were kids around and the fans told me I needed to leave if I couldn't handle it. Demon players and fans, what azzes!!

Don't know if it was a true story, but I thought some students that made the trip to EWU playoff game last year said that some people were throwing batteries at our band. Again, I don't know if it was a true story.

SoCon48
August 2nd, 2005, 10:24 PM
Thats why my new flags were not taken.

Smarter than the average Cat! :)

blukeys
August 3rd, 2005, 01:47 AM
Last year at NW St we had players on the sidelines turning around and yelling some things at us that I didn't deem very appropriate, especially with my 8 year old daughter sitting there with me. Then I told the player to shut the hell up there were kids around and the fans told me I needed to leave if I couldn't handle it. Demon players and fans, what azzes!!

Don't know if it was a true story, but I thought some students that made the trip to EWU playoff game last year said that some people were throwing batteries at our band. Again, I don't know if it was a true story.

In 03 I had to intercede with some Hen fans who decided to give a hard time to a SIU fan who had brought his 2 daughters to UD for a playoff game (the girls had face paint on etc.)

Keep in mind that if you can drive within 1 hour of Philly just about anything goes when it comes to fan behavior but I happen to draw the line with kids. I confronted our home team fans to leave alone the individual with the kids and stated we wanted the Tub to be family oriented. One idiot yelled "what makes them special" I replied "Nothing but we need to save it for Nova" There were laughs and the tormenting abated. Hopefully the kids were spared. UD was already up by 20 so I can't take credit for changing any minds or behavior. But I made the effort.

We all need to remember that the I-AA heritage is a 2 way street. We inherit it from classy individuals and hopefully pass it on as classy individuals. The Rude, drunk, and obnoxious fans should not be what people remember when they visit our stadums. The aforementioned unfortunately will always occur but it is up to those of us on this board to proactively respond so that I-AA football is seen as a product superior to the rest of NCAA Football. we can all cheer like crazy for our team but being obnoxious is not a required part of the experience.

SoCon48
August 3rd, 2005, 06:16 AM
QUOTE=blukeys In 03 I had to intercede with some Hen fans who decided to give a hard time to a SIU fan who had brought his 2 daughters to UD for a playoff game (the girls had face paint on etc.)

Naaaaah. No way, not the classy U Delaware Henfans!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Must have a been a few of the law school grads who had set up practice in Philly-Delfia.
Ya think? ;)

blukeys
August 3rd, 2005, 10:56 AM
QUOTE=blukeys In 03 I had to intercede with some Hen fans who decided to give a hard time to a SIU fan who had brought his 2 daughters to UD for a playoff game (the girls had face paint on etc.)

Naaaaah. No way, not the classy U Delaware Henfans!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Must have a been a few of the law school grads who had set up practice in Philly-Delfia.
Ya think? ;)

With out a doubt! :eek: :eek: Actually they were more than likely nova fans who wandered in since their team doesn't play after Thanksgiving! ;) ;) ;)

CosmoVixen24
August 3rd, 2005, 06:58 PM
Northwestern St. I don't think I will ever return to a game at Nw St. I think Montana fans can atest to the NW St Demon fans and football team.

I heard they were really bad when SELA played them in 2003. I don't remember the score, but I know Northwestern State scored over 80 points. I was told by players that at one point, they were doing so bad that their fans started throwing trash at them, and when SELA actually scored, NWST fans actually cheered for Southeastern because we were doing so bad. I hope this year won't be a repeat of that. :(

kats89
August 3rd, 2005, 08:33 PM
I heard they were really bad when SELA played them in 2003. I don't remember the score, but I know Northwestern State scored over 80 points. I was told by players that at one point, they were doing so bad that their fans started throwing trash at them, and when SELA actually scored, NWST fans actually cheered for Southeastern because we were doing so bad. I hope this year won't be a repeat of that. :(

The visiting fans can't even buy tickets behind their own team because it is reserved for the students. They line the rail and taunt, yell and do whatever they want to the visiting team. I can say that I don't think I have ever seen something like that.

CosmoVixen24
August 3rd, 2005, 10:04 PM
The visiting fans can't even buy tickets behind their own team because it is reserved for the students. They line the rail and taunt, yell and do whatever they want to the visiting team. I can say that I don't think I have ever seen something like that.

Yeah, that is pretty crazy.

MarkCCU
August 3rd, 2005, 10:18 PM
The rudest fans I have encountered were from Virginia Tech. I was up there for a UCONN v.s VT game and i sat on the VT side with my friends. The people there, adults as well, were the rudest most overly obnoxious people I have seen at a football game. A certain level of rudeness is to be expected, but they excedeed it.

McNeese75
August 3rd, 2005, 11:59 PM

Oh come on now, Demon fans are amateurs and are all bark and NO bite. Of course, when we play there we usually bring enough fans so they don't mess with us :D (although the s$%t sandwich we were eating as we left last year wasn't a lot of fun :bang: )

grizbeer
August 4th, 2005, 09:14 AM
The chant actually started in the 1st quarter and grew louder the whole game. I heard it, hated it and still do! In fact, that's what I remember most about that game.

It definitely happened all game, and really continued on to the basketball season, although modified to "just like football". Really though, this is the type of taunting fans should do - nothing directly at a single player or fans, no profanity or threats, just a simple statement. There were several drunk kids in the parking lot slinging insults as we drove out after the 2002 game, but we just laughed and slapped their hands and everything was fine.

I was a little worried this year at Woodward, but I have to say we didn't have any problem at all with any EWU fans, a little good natured ribbing, but nothing close to a threat, even from the few students who sat around us in the GA section.

I have say that even at the MSU game in 2003 we didn't really have that much trouble (other than the death defying climb over ice covered bleachers). Most of the fans were pretty good natured, although I did have one guy who was looking for a fight, he was easy enough to just wave off, and left him stammering. Most of the MSU fans we ran across were just celebrating and could be bought off with a smile and a beer.

shsu_a&m-cc
August 8th, 2005, 10:04 PM
SFA, McNeese, EWU, and UM

sfa was probably the worse are far as being concerned with safty..the atmosphere of the game was great till it was over..in mcneese i remember trying to get the play from the QB after a change of possesson and seeing a coke bottle hit the center next to me...EWU wasn't quite so bad but they weren't the nicest people on earth...UM was just a bunch of talk except the guy who set the beer on the DL's shoulder pads...that was kinda funny though...i know SFA was just cause of the rivalry....but it was still bad...mascot almost got in a fight with the team for walking through us on the sideline...

McTailGator
August 8th, 2005, 11:08 PM

..in mcneese i remember trying to get the play from the QB after a change of possesson and seeing a coke bottle hit the center next to me..

BULL$__T !

I HAVEN'T MISSED A McNEESE GAME AT HOME IN 12 YEARS.

In fact, I was at one game vs SHSU on a cold raining night with a Kidney Infection and 100 degree fever.

THAT NEVER HAPPENED. We have the tightes security in all the SLC, and EVERY I-AA fan from around the country that has visted our stadium and tailgating area almost totally agree that our fans are very hospitable and treat our visiting fans and players with respect and class.

I can tell you that if one of our fans did something like that, he would get his @$$ kicked before the cops got to him to drag his sorry butt out of the stadium and excecuted him at midnight.

You will not find many fans that have visted our house that will agree with you on that. Perhaps a bit of jealosy is playing tricks on your eyes.

Besides, it's 40 feet from the stands to the sideline and another what, 70 feet to midfield. So your telling me that a fan can hurl a bottle (Glass not allowed in Cowboy Stadium) approximately 110 feet? I think not.

Also, if it came from behind the SHSU bench, those are box seats that cost about $60 a seat and are sold to big money folks that tend to be rather old and un exited about much.

That won;t fly here bud.

EagleCrusade
August 9th, 2005, 08:23 AM

The worst experience I've had was the 2003 GSU game in Statesboro. First time I have ever been there. Fans were not all that bad (because we had them on the ropes) until the very end once they had sealed a victory. From that point on it was one comment thrown my way after another. I know it was a little different for GSU to be worried and coming from behind most of the game but I hustled to get out of that town after the game.

You thought the game was over at half-time too? Im trying to figure out what was so bad about the commenting. Was it the fact you were sitting next to the students and taunting them before and during the game? Im guessing you could dish it, but couldnt take it. My experiences with WCU fans home and away are comparable to ASU.

An earlier post about a GS fan getting the finger from an elderly Furman lady brought back memories. My roomate called me and was like "I was driving down the Pansy Highway (Poinsettia?) and this old lady gave me the finger!!" I laughed so hard.

DID YOU KNOW: Furman and Georgia Southern are on the same road? US 25

OL FU
August 9th, 2005, 08:32 AM
You thought the game was over at half-time too? Im trying to figure out what was so bad about the commenting. Was it the fact you were sitting next to the students and taunting them before and during the game? Im guessing you could dish it, but couldnt take it. My experiences with WCU fans home and away are comparable to ASU.

An earlier post about a GS fan getting the finger from an elderly Furman lady brought back memories. My roomate called me and was like "I was driving down the Pansy Highway (Poinsettia?) and this old lady gave me the finger!!" I laughed so hard.

DID YOU KNOW: Furman and Georgia Southern are on the same road? US 25

Close - Poinsett. I did not know 25 continued that far south. There has to be a railroad track somewhere on that road cuz you know GSU has to be on the wrong side of it :) I usually drive up 80 from Savannah.

kats89
August 9th, 2005, 09:23 AM

sfa was probably the worse are far as being concerned with safty..the atmosphere of the game was great till it was over..in mcneese i remember trying to get the play from the QB after a change of possesson and seeing a coke bottle hit the center next to me...EWU wasn't quite so bad but they weren't the nicest people on earth...UM was just a bunch of talk except the guy who set the beer on the DL's shoulder pads...that was kinda funny though...i know SFA was just cause of the rivalry....but it was still bad...mascot almost got in a fight with the team for walking through us on the sideline...

SFA last year was out of control at the end of the game. I am glad that it did not spill over into the stands because it could have gotten ugly. Especially with the number of young kids in the stands. It was really sad that a game that good ended on such a sour note.
What year are you talking about for the McNeese game? You are a former player? Personally, I have had nothing but pleasant experiences with the McNeese fans. They are a lot of fun. Sure everyone has a bad apple in the crowd, but I have to agree with McTailgator, the fans would have probably beat that guy into submission before the cops got a hold of him.
I heard some stories about EWU and batteries being thrown at our band, but it is all rumor to me unless someone was actually there and saw it.
I have been to Montana twice now and had a blast. Great people, great football atmosphere. The North End Zone gets a little nuts, but everyone there is passionate about their Grizzlies. However, I could sense a little tension in the air at the playoff game last year especially after we handed their butts to them in Huntsville and made the spectacular comeback at EWU. They were a little nervous and not as quite open to much friendly conversation when the game started. Still ended up a great time though.

SoCon48
August 9th, 2005, 09:34 AM
" Im guessing you could dish it, but couldnt take it. My experiences with WCU fans home and away are comparable to ASU. "

yep. Several notches above "GUS's".

McNeese75
August 9th, 2005, 10:13 AM
OK, I just ordered my tickets for the GSU game on September 10th and the nice lady informed me we would be sitting behind our team adjacent to the student section :D . Will I be coming here on the 11th to post something????? :eek: :D ;)

GrizzlyEdd
August 9th, 2005, 10:50 AM
/me waits for barrage of grizn fans to talk MSU down. :)

don't have to do that buddy.... them kitty litterbox youngins do it all for us. The students at MSU continually prove our point for us. Thanks:eek:

soweagle
August 9th, 2005, 11:26 AM
OK, I just ordered my tickets for the GSU game on September 10th and the nice lady informed me we would be sitting behind our team adjacent to the student section :D . Will I be coming here on the 11th to post something????? :eek: :D ;)

Probably. This will be the first game of the year and it is a night game, plenty of time for the students to drink heavly before entering the stadium.

grizzpaw
August 9th, 2005, 05:35 PM
all this hate going to a game? i have been to almost every home and away game for the griz in the last 15 years except back east and a few 1-a games. i have had a great time at every place i have been. in the last 15 years i have seen a few things happen at every place i have been too. some have happen to me (nothing bad) a little beer in portland, a huge crowd of kids surround me @ isu two years ago after they scored first, had police protection the rest of the game, now that was funny! at ewu the only problem i have is they don't let um tailgate anywhere near the field and walking up that hill after 3 hours of tailgating, murder! now for that um vs msu yes i have seen too much sh-t happen at both places. if champ gets away with his sh-t this year after what they did to monte! :asswhip:

McNeese75
August 9th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Probably. This will be the first game of the year and it is a night game, plenty of time for the students to drink heavly before entering the stadium.

Guess we better get a head start on the drinking ouselves. :D

RadMann
August 9th, 2005, 09:11 PM
The most polite fans I've encountered over the years are the USNA fans (although they are not I-AA). I recall my first trip to Annapolis as a UD student watching Gannon run circles around the Middie team on their homecoming in Gannon's senior year. I got great seats on the Navy side because my grandfather was a USNA grad. My buds and I (almost) felt bad cheering too loud for UD because the USNA fans were so polite and composed. Then a bud of mine accidently spilled some Jim Beam on a blue-haired lady in front of us. Jeez, I guess we did not leave the best impression about UD fans... ;)

In recent years a few loud UD fans were somewhat obnoxious around the Wofford fan section at the UD-Wofford playoff game in 2003. One really boisterous UD fan, as UD pulled away at the end, kept yelling "How do you like your chicken now?" mocking Wofford fans who had brought rubber chickens to the game. The guy was toasted but was amusing and harmless. Usually the relatively few UD fans who are "rude" are simply toasted but harmless...

blukeys
August 10th, 2005, 04:25 AM
The most polite fans I've encountered over the years are the USNA fans (although they are not I-AA). I recall my first trip to Annapolis as a UD student watching Gannon run circles around the Middie team on their homecoming in Gannon's senior year....

I too was at that game and have to concur that the USNA fans were very classy. What I remember the most though from that initial visit was the listing of all the great Naval / Marine battles posted around the upper deck of the Navy/Marine Corps. Stadium. Guadalcanal, Midway. Tarawa, Iwo Jima......

Looking at those names brought a lump to my throat. I looked down at the players and the Navy plebes and felt privelidged that UD would playing these guys. After all these Kids (USNA) would be going on and defending us.

Anyone who does not feel a sense of pride when you play these guys(USNA, USMA, USAFA) is in real trouble.

SoCon48
August 10th, 2005, 07:35 AM
For sure. But the football team should be in I-AA.

89Hen
August 10th, 2005, 09:37 AM
For sure. But the football team should be in I-AA.

9/4 vs. Duke (2-9) W 27-12
9/11 vs. Northeastern (non-IA) W 28-24
9/18 @ Tulsa (4-8) W 29-0
9/25 vs. Vanderbilt (2-9) W 29-26
9/30 @ Air Force (5-6) W 24-21
10/16 vs. Notre Dame (6-6) L 9-27
10/23 vs. Rice (3-8) W 14-13
10/30 vs. Delaware (non-IA) W 34-20
11/6 @ Tulane (5-6) L 10-42
11/20 vs. Rutgers (4-7) W 54-21
12/4 vs. Army (2-9) W 42-13
12/30 vs. New Mexico (7-5) W 34-19 Emerald Bowl

Is there another I-AA that could beat that many I-A's in a season? I don't care that those teams are weak I-A's, any I-AA would be thumping their chest for beating one of them.

ChickenMan
August 10th, 2005, 09:45 AM
The fact is that over the past two season Navy is 16-6... vs 1A competition.

RadMann
August 10th, 2005, 12:24 PM
That GSU coach has "done good" down in Annapolis... ;)

TxSt02
August 10th, 2005, 03:04 PM
Anyone who does not feel a sense of pride when you play these guys(USNA, USMA, USAFA) is in real trouble.

You mean democrats??? Ok sorry wrong board!!! I had to do it. These people in Seattle are killing me! :spank: :bang: