Nicholls at UND vs 1.NDSU
Sacred Heart at Colgate vs 8. Delaware

Chattanooga at JSU vs 4. Kennesaw State
SEMO at ISUR vs 5. SDSU

SHSU at McNeese St vs 3. UC Davis
USD at EWU vs 6. Weber State

Towson at NC A&T vs 2. JMU
Elon at ETSU vs 7. Wofford

At-Large: JMU, Weber State, EWU, SDSU, Ill State, North Dakota, Chattanooga, ETSU, JSU, Elon, Towson, SHSU, NC A&T and Nichols

Bubble: UNI, WIU, Maine, SBU, UCA, Furman, Samford, Idaho State, Missouri State, ISUB, Montana State, Montana, Mercer

Cocky
October 30th, 2018, 09:37 PM
My take:

Idaho St

Eastern Wash
1. North Dakota St

Nicholls St
8. Wofford

Weber St

Sacred Heart

Stony Brook
4. Colgate

Chattanooga
5. Kennesaw St

Jacksonville St

San Diego

McNeese St
3. UC Davis

North Dakota
6. South Dakota St

Northern Iowa

SE Missouri St

Illinois St
7. Delaware

Elon
2. James Madison

Towson

Last Four Out:

Central Arkansas

Western Illinois

North Carolina A&T

Montana St

Next Four Out:

Rhode Island

Monmouth

Maine

Montana

Will they make conference mates play each other in the first round?

JSUSoutherner
October 30th, 2018, 09:51 PM
They try to avoid regular season rematches in the first round although they do happen. Plus they also like bus trips in rounds 1 and 2. I can't remember what the mileage is before the NCAA charters flights but SEMO to KSU is pushing it and they won't do that.

I think barring any major upsets the JSU, KSU, UTC corner of the bracket is pretty much a guarantee.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 30th, 2018, 09:53 PM
NDSUstudent from Bisonville:
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?39649-Bracketology-2-0

Autobids:
Big Sky: UC Davis
Big South: KSU
CAA: Delaware
MVFC: NDSU
NEC: Sacred Heart
OVC: SEMO
PL: Colgate
PFL: San Diego
SoCon: Wofford
SLC: McNeese State

The Field:
Nicholls at UND vs 1.NDSU
Sacred Heart at Colgate vs 8. Delaware

Chattanooga at JSU vs 4. Kennesaw State
SEMO at ISUR vs 5. SDSU

SHSU at McNeese St vs 3. UC Davis
USD at EWU vs 6. Weber State

Towson at NC A&T vs 2. JMU
Elon at ETSU vs 7. Wofford

At-Large: JMU, Weber State, EWU, SDSU, Ill State, North Dakota, Chattanooga, ETSU, JSU, Elon, Towson, SHSU, NC A&T and Nichols

Bubble: UNI, WIU, Maine, SBU, UCA, Furman, Samford, Idaho State, Missouri State, ISUB, Montana State, Montana, Mercer

This one makes a lot of sense to me. I see a Colgate-Delaware matchup, likely in Newark.....

I like Maine but they still have Towson and Elon. They'll get in at 7-4. Not sure they can do it....

My one contention would be SBU. They're a lock to get to 7-4. They're too good to be left out with that record.

BisonTru
October 30th, 2018, 10:33 PM

Idaho State and Eastern Washington didn't play in the regular season. They won't matchup conference mates that played during the regular season.

BisonTru
October 30th, 2018, 10:36 PM
They try to avoid regular season rematches in the first round although they do happen. Plus they also like bus trips in rounds 1 and 2. I can't remember what the mileage is before the NCAA charters flights but SEMO to KSU is pushing it and they won't do that.

I think barring any major upsets the JSU, KSU, UTC corner of the bracket is pretty much a guarantee.

The mileage for a bus trip is under 400 miles.

They WILL NOT matchup conference teams that played in the regular season. They TRY to avoid non-conference rematches but will allow it if it saves a flight.

MTfan4life
October 30th, 2018, 11:46 PM
My take:

Idaho St

Eastern Wash
1. North Dakota St

Nicholls St
8. Wofford

Weber St

Sacred Heart

Stony Brook
4. Colgate

Chattanooga
5. Kennesaw St

Jacksonville St

San Diego

McNeese St
3. UC Davis

North Dakota
6. South Dakota St

Northern Iowa

SE Missouri St

Illinois St
7. Delaware

Elon
2. James Madison

Towson

Last Four Out:

Central Arkansas

Western Illinois

North Carolina A&T

Montana St

Next Four Out:

Rhode Island

Monmouth

Maine

Montana

There are no conference rematches allowed in the first round of the playoffs. Towson and Elon play each other in 11 days.

BisonTru
October 31st, 2018, 12:09 AM
There are no conference rematches allowed in the first round of the playoffs. Towson and Elon play each other in 11 days.

Since why is Elon in the CAA? They're in the south or mid south or definitely not colonial New England.

I can't believe I missed that. Opps. Fixed.

grizband
October 31st, 2018, 02:15 AM
Since why is Elon in the CAA? They're in the south or mid south or definitely not colonial New England.

I can't believe I missed that. Opps. Fixed.
James Madison, William and Mary, Richmond, Delaware, and Towson aren't really in "Colonial New England" either; Virginia and Maryland area really Mid-Atlantic.

The wonders of conference alignment in college athletics. xthumbsupx

Daytripper
October 31st, 2018, 06:32 AM
If Lamar wins out do they have a shot at the playoffs? They will have won their final 6 games with 4 coming v. IUW, SHSU, UCA and McNeese. They will be 7-4 but with only 6 D1 wins.

Derby City Duke
October 31st, 2018, 08:05 AM
James Madison, William and Mary, Richmond, Delaware, and Towson aren't really in "Colonial New England" either; Virginia and Maryland area really Mid-Atlantic.

Considering that Virginia, Delaware, Maryland, and North Carolina were all among the original 13 COLONIES it is absolutely appropriate that all the aforementioned teams are in the Colonial Athletic Association. U.S. History, folks -- 'learn it, know it, live it!' [thanks to Brad at All-American Burgers and Ridgemont High] xpeacex

woffordgrad94
October 31st, 2018, 09:02 AM
I am for any bracket that allows Wofford to keep from having to travel to Fargo, North Dakota at any time. Not only are the Bison nearly impossible to beat, but FARGO is minus 40 degrees and there’s very little that’s fun there other than bars...and drinking beer gets old after a while! And the girls aren’t very hot there either.

Bison56
October 31st, 2018, 09:14 AM
I am for any bracket that allows Wofford to keep from having to travel to Fargo, North Dakota at any time. Not only are the Bison nearly impossible to beat, but FARGO is minus 40 degrees and there’s very little that’s fun there other than bars...and drinking beer gets old after a while! And the girls aren’t very hot there either.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2a/50/d7/2a50d727ae8a99c98d0a903bf3baae6f.jpg (https://www.pinterest.com/pin/535717318149860949/)

OhioHen
October 31st, 2018, 09:34 AM

All of the schools in the CAA are in states that were part of the original 13 colonies (Maine was part of the Massachusetts Colony, so they get a pass).

Very different from the Big South including schools from up north or the MVFC including schools that are not near the geographic Missouri Valley.

Catatonic
October 31st, 2018, 09:50 AM
If Lamar wins out do they have a shot at the playoffs? They will have won their final 6 games with 4 coming v. IUW, SHSU, UCA and McNeese. They will be 7-4 but with only 6 D1 wins.

ACU would be in much the same position...closing out on a five game win streak with wins over Nicholls, SHSU, and UCA. We would also be at 7-4 with only six D1 wins. It’s very much an academic question at this point since both Lamar and ACU have major tests ahead, but both schools have been getting better as the season has progressed.

MR. CHICKEN
October 31st, 2018, 10:01 AM

......UH....ERR....UMMM........BEER NEVER GETS OLD......HOWEVERAH........BRANDY/WHISKEY/COCOA @ 40 BELOW..........BRAWK!

.....GIRLS AREN'T HOT..........xpopcornx.........AWK!

mvfcfan
October 31st, 2018, 10:03 AM
NC A&T shouldn't even be considered for an at-large. If the MEAC refuses to send their best team to the playoffs why should we allow any of their schools in the playoffs?

Gangtackle11
October 31st, 2018, 10:25 AM
......UH....ERR....UMMM........BEER NEVER GETS OLD......HOWEVERAH........BRANDY/WHISKEY/COCOA @ 40 BELOW..........BRAWK!

.....GIRLS AREN'T HOT..........xpopcornx.........AWK!

but they can pull your car out of the snow if need be. xpeacex

woffordgrad94
October 31st, 2018, 10:42 AM
but they can pull your car out of the snow if need be. xpeacex
And I might need that!When I was in New York last March, a big snow fell during the 12 hours was at work. I got stuck on the way back to the hotel, and some men and women in a truck stopped and helped push me out...I ain’t so good in the snow.

woffordgrad94
October 31st, 2018, 10:47 AM
I hope Wofford is the overall 6th or 7th seed...that should keep us out of Fargo. We must win out to have any shot...otherwise we’ll be unseeded and playing in the first round...or not in at all.

Professor
October 31st, 2018, 11:07 AM
NC A&T shouldn't even be considered for an at-large. If the MEAC refuses to send their best team to the playoffs why should we allow any of their schools in the playoffs?

Sigh here we go.................

grizband
October 31st, 2018, 11:46 AM
Sigh here we go.................Seriously, why does this bother people so much?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reign of Terrier
October 31st, 2018, 12:27 PM
Seriously, why does this bother people so much?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Because the MVFC thinks non-NDSU teams being 10-9 against Southland, Southern, Big Sky, and CAA in the playoffs since 2013 warrants rebranding the FCS playoffs as the MVFC invitational.

Daytripper
October 31st, 2018, 12:46 PM
Because the MVFC thinks non-NDSU playoff teams in the playoffs being 10-9 against Southland, Southern, Big Sky, and CAA since 2013 warrants rebranding the FCS playoffs as the MVFC invitational.

Exactly. Lets put every MVFC team with a winning record in the playoffs first and give them the top seeds. Then proceed with the rest of the fcs, who really don't belong anyway..

Bison56
October 31st, 2018, 12:48 PM
Exactly. Lets put every MVFC team with a winning record in the playoffs first and give them the top seeds. Then proceed with the rest of the fcs, who really don't belong anyway..

Sounds reasonable to me.

BisonTru
October 31st, 2018, 01:42 PM

I don't think they shouldn't be considered, but imo they certainly need to have a strong case. I do agree with you that I don't feel favors should be sent to a conference who chooses not to send their conference champ. That's why I can't put NCAT in my bracket. They have a weak resume with a shiny record. The JSU win is the best thing they have and that could look suspect given JSU still might not clinch the OVC. Then you add two bad losses.

One more note on the MEAC is they don't have a representative on the committee. That hurts them some in getting a team in.

Reign of Terrier
October 31st, 2018, 01:47 PM
I don't think they shouldn't be considered, but imo they certainly need to have a strong case. I do agree with you that I don't feel favors should be sent to a conference who chooses not to send their conference champ. That's why I can't put NCAT in my bracket. They have a weak resume with a shiny record. The JSU win is the best thing they have and that could look suspect given JSU still might not clinch the OVC. Then you add two bad losses.

One more note on the MEAC is they don't have a representative on the committee. That hurts them some in getting a team in.

I'm agnostic on A&T (it depends on the bubble), but I think beating ECU looks good, even if they aren't a good FBS team

FargoBison
October 31st, 2018, 01:47 PM
I'm fine with the MEAC getting an at-large if they have a team good enough. There are 14 at-larges, no MVFC team should have a thing to complain about with that many open spots.

BisonTru
October 31st, 2018, 01:50 PM
Because the MVFC thinks non-NDSU playoff teams in the playoffs being 10-9 against Southland, Southern, Big Sky, and CAA since 2013 warrants rebranding the FCS playoffs as the MVFC invitational.

First off, you can't really take NDSU out and look at the MVFC. If you put NDSU in any other conference you can pretty much tack on an extra loss to everyone's record.

Second, the MVFC is the strongest conference in the country by pretty much every metric you want to look at. Even your argument that sans NDSU they are only 10-9 in the playoffs against the four next conferences still puts them at a winning record against.

BTW, looking at Massey the MVFC has the potential to finish with three teams at 6 wins and two above. If the committee overlooked all three teams because they only have 6 wins and put in only 2 teams from the MVFC that would be one hell of a snub to the top conference.

Reign of Terrier
October 31st, 2018, 01:53 PM
First off, you can't really take NDSU out and look at the MVFC. If you put NDSU in any other conference you can pretty much tack on an extra loss to everyone's record.

Second, the MVFC is the strongest conference in the country by pretty much every metric you want to look at. Even your argument that sans NDSU they are only 10-9 in the playoffs against the four next conferences still puts them at a winning record against.

BTW, looking at Massey the MVFC has the potential to finish with three teams at 6 wins and two above. If the committee overlooked all three teams because they only have 6 wins and put in only 2 teams from the MVFC that would be one hell of a snub to the top conference.

No it wouldn't. You have to win your games, not just show up and get credit for playing NDSU. Putting 3 teams in with only 6 wins from one conference, with multiple other conference at large sitting at 8-9 wins would be a farce. It would be one thing if they blew the breaks out of these other major conferences when they played...but they don't.

Bison56
October 31st, 2018, 01:58 PM
A lot MVFC envy here.

BisonTru
October 31st, 2018, 02:06 PM
No it wouldn't. You have to win your games, not just show up and get credit for playing NDSU. Putting 3 teams in with only 6 wins from one conference, with multiple other conference at large sitting at 8-9 wins would be a farce. It would be one thing if they blew the breaks out of these other major conferences when they played...but they don't.

NCAT might get to 9 wins but any team in the MVFC would smoke Morgan State. If you set up an environment where shiny records trump any kind of SOS, the committee is telling every team in the country to play in a weak conference and schedule a weak OOC. Is that the precedent that should be set??

FargoBison
October 31st, 2018, 02:09 PM
I don't think 6-5 MVFC teams would have much of resume to be honest, at least not this year.

Professor Chaos
October 31st, 2018, 02:13 PM

I thought that would be the case in 2016 too when, based on the AGS Poll, NC A&T was the last team in the field but I'm pretty sure that when the committee released their last 4 in that they weren't even in that group. Additionally last year they were in the committee's top 10 rankings even though it was pretty clear they were headed for the Celebration Bowl. It seems like the MEAC teams get just as much consideration without a representative on the committee as they would've with one.

Reign of Terrier
October 31st, 2018, 02:16 PM
NCAT might get to 9 wins but any team in the MVFC would smoke Morgan State. If you set up an environment where shiny records trump any kind of SOS, the committee is telling every team in the country to play in a weak conference and schedule a weak OOC. Is that the precedent that should be set??

I agree with your first sentence. The rest is a straw man.

OOC matters, but the last ~4 teams or so are always controversial and when you tell your conference "finish with a winning record and you make the playoffs" you give them way too much margin of error and afford far to little for other conferences.

On the graph of strong OOC and strong record, there's always going to be subjectivity, but 3 teams with 6 wins is just absurd.

BisonTru
October 31st, 2018, 02:29 PM
I agree with your first sentence. The rest is a straw man.

OOC matters, but the last ~4 teams or so are always controversial and when you tell your conference "finish with a winning record and you make the playoffs" you give them way too much margin of error and afford far to little for other conferences.

On the graph of strong OOC and strong record, there's always going to be subjectivity, but 3 teams with 6 wins is just absurd.

FWIW, I'm not arguing all three should get in or that any 6-5 team should get in. IMO, in the MVFC 7 wins gets you in and 6 wins gets you in the bubble. Massey has ISUr, UNI, and WIU all at 6 wins. IMO, ISUr and UNI would have stronger resumes than WIU which is why I put in the first two but not WIU. My last team in came down to Chattanooga, Central Arkansas, and Western Illinois with NCAT a potential inclusion as well but not deserving in my opinion, but I could see the committee going that way. Chatty got the spot almost entirely that I felt the Southern Conference which I seeded their auto would be hard to exclude them getting any at larges. Personally I think WIU is the best team in that final group with Central Arkansas being second, but we will see.

Honestly the SoCon and the MVFC are very similar in that their conference is beating each other up. The odd thing tho is the SoCon has Chatty and ETSU that may get to a decent win total but I don't know if either of those are the second best team in the conference. Whereas Furman and Samford can only get to 6 wins, but if either do that I think they are probably better teams to include than Chatty or ETSU. IMO, I would place a 6 win Samford/Furman over a 7 win Chatty/ETSU. Time will tell how the committee sees that tho.

ksu_owls
October 31st, 2018, 02:37 PM
If KSU ends up having to travel to Fargo does anyone have a spare bedroom that I can pass out drunk in after we get stomped? lol

but seriously... that would be awesome because I definitely want to go

Go...gate
October 31st, 2018, 02:51 PM

If Colgate can keep winning, you can come up to play us in Central NY.

You'll love Andy Kerr Stadium in December.... xsmiley_wixxnodx:D

Reign of Terrier
October 31st, 2018, 02:54 PM
FWIW, I'm not arguing all three should get in or that any 6-5 team should get in. IMO, in the MVFC 7 wins gets you in and 6 wins gets you in the bubble. Massey has ISUr, UNI, and WIU all at 6 wins. IMO, ISUr and UNI would have stronger resumes than WIU which is why I put in the first two but not WIU. My last team in came down to Chattanooga, Central Arkansas, and Western Illinois with NCAT a potential inclusion as well but not deserving in my opinion, but I could see the committee going that way. Chatty got the spot almost entirely that I felt the Southern Conference which I seeded their auto would be hard to exclude them getting any at larges. Personally I think WIU is the best team in that final group with Central Arkansas being second, but we will see.

Honestly the SoCon and the MVFC are very similar in that their conference is beating each other up. The odd thing tho is the SoCon has Chatty and ETSU that may get to a decent win total but I don't know if either of those are the second best team in the conference. Whereas Furman and Samford can only get to 6 wins, but if either do that I think they are probably better teams to include than Chatty or ETSU. IMO, I would place a 6 win Samford/Furman over a 7 win Chatty/ETSU. Time will tell how the committee sees that tho.

I think 7 wins gets you in in the MVFC (Illinois State maybe?). For me, it's too early to prognosticate the playoffs. Lots of things could happen

I think Wofford is the best team in the Socon (shocker), but we haven't proven to be world beaters ala NDSU yet. I think had we made a run to the semis last year, Samford wins a playoff game and Furman performs against a non-Socon team, Furman gets looks this year at 6-4. I don't think they will though.

Middle-to-bottom the socon is on average as tough as it's always been. Wofford is as good as we've always been and ETSU is a mystery. But we still lack the credibility the MVFC has (a hard hitter at the top) for those borderline teams to make it. Maybe Wofford puts that together this year or next, but for now it's absent.

The conference as a whole is a year away. Samford pissed away any chance we had of taking a step above in prestige. Furman is still young and doesn't have the depth to play consistently at the level they did against Wofford a few weeks ago. Wofford is Wofford. ETSU is actually for real and what they're doing shouldn't be shocking (they are a senior laden team that won 5 games and lost 2-3 games close last year), even if they are flawed. Chattanooga actually plays pretty tough defense.

If we're going to do cross-conference comparison, I think Wofford and Furman on a good day is comparable with teams 2-4 in the MVFC, while Chattanooga, ETSU, and Samford are on part with the bubble teams.

woffordgrad94
October 31st, 2018, 02:56 PM
Go Gate, I happen to be up your way right now. At the Extended Stay America Rochester-Greece now! I’ll be here about another week; looks like I’ll avoid the first snow...thank goodness for that. Lots and lots of miserable cold rain and wind though...I am working out in the Rad Waste yard at Ginna Nuclear Station. I work at Ginna and also at Fitzpatrick and Nine Mile Point in Oswego NY quite a bit...but always in summer, spring and fall...never in winter! Spring can still be dicey though! I
couldn’t Imagine coming up in December for football...Brrrrrrrrrr! At least NDSU has the dome...

Professor
October 31st, 2018, 03:27 PM

But what i don't get is , If you couldn't be NDSU during the regular season,.... What makes you think you can beat them in the playoffs ?

Professor
October 31st, 2018, 03:30 PM

A FBS win is a precedent that the committee set.

A&T beat Jax State , Gardner Webb and East Carolina in the Out of Conference. One bad loss isn't going to erase that

BisonTru
October 31st, 2018, 03:39 PM
But what i don't get is , If you couldn't be NDSU during the regular season,.... What makes you think you can beat them in the playoffs ?

Why not just go to a 10 team auto qualifier only bracket then? I mean if you didn't win your conference what makes you think you can win the championship??

Professor Chaos
October 31st, 2018, 03:49 PM
Why not just go to a 10 team auto qualifier only bracket then? I mean if you didn't win your conference what makes you think you can win the championship??
I realize your question is rhetorical but there is some substance behind it depending on what you consider the playoffs' primary function to be. The last team to win a national title without at least having a share of their conference title was Richmond in 2008. I still think if all you want to do is determine a national champion you could cut the playoff field to the 8 seeded teams but why not have more playoff football? Those first 2 playoff Saturdays are awesome!

BisonTru
October 31st, 2018, 03:49 PM
A FBS win is a precedent that the committee set.

A&T beat Jax State , Gardner Webb and East Carolina in the Out of Conference. One bad loss isn't going to erase that

What precedent? It's a win like everything else. East Carolina is about on par with Jacksonville St. They are both decent wins although the JSU could look more or less impressive depending on how they finish the season. However Morgan State is a bad loss. Your resume is two decent wins and one bad loss with a bunch of victories over very weak MEAC competition. We will see how they see it, but imo I don't see why the committee should put you guys in if you are on the bubble given you're not sending your conference champion. A MEAC team given their horrendous playoff history should have a beyond doubt resume, IMO.

BisonTru
October 31st, 2018, 03:54 PM
I realize your question is rhetorical but there is some substance behind it depending on what you consider the playoffs' primary function to be. The last team to win a national title without at least having a share of their conference title was Richmond in 2008. I still think if all you want to do is determine a national champion you could cut the playoff field to the 8 seeded teams but why not have more playoff football? Those first 2 playoff Saturdays are awesome!

Agree with this. I'm always in favor of more football. Those first few rounds are fun to settle many debates we battle here all season of teams from around the country. Like is Weber St better than Illinois St? Or is Towson better than SDSU? Probably none of those teams win it all, but it's a feather in your cap to pull off a few wins in the playoffs.

katss07
October 31st, 2018, 04:24 PM
Not saying A&T should get in. But they should be considered. Lets not forget, the MEAC isn’t like the IL or at this point the SWAC. They can still compete. If a team warrants an at large selection, give it to em. Doesn’t matter if they have an AQ or not.

WestCoastAggie
October 31st, 2018, 06:03 PM
There was a bunch of things behind the scenes, including kid’s homes being destroyed in a Hurricane that weighed down on the Aggies going into the Morgan State game.

The campus was closed and kids didn’t return to campus until that Wednesday and only had 1-2 full practices.

It’s not an excuse because FAMU had to travel under similar circumstances but that stuff weighs heavily on 18-22 year-old kids and an “inexperienced” head coach.

But that stuff is behind the team and they understand it’s “survive and advance” mode as any loss ends our playoff hopes.

Go...gate
October 31st, 2018, 06:08 PM
Go Gate, I happen to be up your way right now. At the Extended Stay America Rochester-Greece now! I’ll be here about another week; looks like I’ll avoid the first snow...thank goodness for that. Lots and lots of miserable cold rain and wind though...I am working out in the Rad Waste yard at Ginna Nuclear Station. I work at Ginna and also at Fitzpatrick and Nine Mile Point in Oswego NY quite a bit...but always in summer, spring and fall...never in winter! Spring can still be dicey though! I
couldn’t Imagine coming up in December for football...Brrrrrrrrrr! At least NDSU has the dome...

You should beat the snow if you get out by about November 10, thought I can remember measurable snow on Halloween at Colgate (and throughout what the National Weather Service used to call the "Southern Tier" of Central New York. Next couple of days look really nice, though.

Reign of Terrier
October 31st, 2018, 06:26 PM
One weird little fact: the (current) Socon has only played one OVC team since 2000 in the playoffs and that's Jacksonville state. That's partially because Jacksonville state is the perrennial autobid, but also because of geography.

I'm interested to see how playoff dynamics change if Kennesaw and JSU joined the socon, given rules about first round matchups and so on.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Cocky
October 31st, 2018, 10:09 PM
Hope if JSU make the playoffs we are in NDSUs bracket. Win the first and go to Fargo.

BisonTru
October 31st, 2018, 10:20 PM
Hope if JSU make the playoffs we are in NDSUs bracket. Win the first and go to Fargo.

You better beat KSU then. It would also help if Wofford loses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mvfcfan
October 31st, 2018, 10:26 PM
Real talk. The MEAC has lost 18 consecutive FCS (1AA) playoff games and hasn't won one since 1999. Why does any school from that league deserve an at large?

MR. CHICKEN
October 31st, 2018, 10:29 PM
Real talk. The MEAC has lost 18 consecutive FCS (1AA) playoff games and hasn't won one since 1999. Why does any school from that league deserve an at large?

.....UH WELL ROUNDED PARTICIPATION.....EQUAL OPS.........AWK!

Professor
November 1st, 2018, 08:39 AM

I'm not against that at all. It's not like people are watching the playoff games on TV

Professor
November 1st, 2018, 08:42 AM

An Indiana State Fan wants to discuss Playoff history. Bwhahaha. Your carried by others teams in your conference. Lol. I guess when NDSU wins you all win lol

Professor
November 1st, 2018, 08:45 AM
What precedent? It's a win like everything else. East Carolina is about on par with Jacksonville St. They are both decent wins although the JSU could look more or less impressive depending on how they finish the season. However Morgan State is a bad loss. Your resume is two decent wins and one bad loss with a bunch of victories over very weak MEAC competition. We will see how they see it, but imo I don't see why the committee should put you guys in if you are on the bubble given you're not sending your conference champion. A MEAC team given their horrendous playoff history should have a beyond doubt resume, IMO.

We have a better resume than we did in 2016 and we got in. FCS as a whole is worse. Lol our playoff history. Only 21 schools have FCS titles. Everyone else at some point is gonna lose. They don't hand out we made it far in the playoff trophies.

BisonTru
November 1st, 2018, 08:52 AM
I'm not against that at all. It's not like people are watching the playoff games on TV

These are the comments that further why I don’t understand why the committee would do any favors for the HBCUs. They aren’t interested in our expanded playoffs. They aren’t interested in sending their champion. So why would the committee put in a MEAC team with a weak SOS over teams all over the country that actively challenge themselves and want a chance to make some noise in the playoffs.

Idk you guys will probably get in. You won’t really care and will lose in the first round. I just can’t figure out why the committee keeps doing that.

Professor
November 1st, 2018, 08:54 AM
These are the comments that further why I don’t understand why the committee would do any favors for the HBCUs. They aren’t interested in our expanded playoffs. They aren’t interested in sending their champion. So why would the committee put in a MEAC team with a weak SOS over teams all over the country that actively challenge themselves and want a chance to make some noise in the playoffs.

Idk you guys will probably get in. You won’t really care and will lose in the first round. I just can’t figure out why the committee keeps doing that.

I don't understand why we have a playoff in the 1st place when North Dakota State is going to kick who ever shows up to play them to sleep.

Just life's mysteries I guess

Sycamore62
November 1st, 2018, 08:56 AM
We have a better resume than we did in 2016 and we got in. FCS as a whole is worse. Lol our playoff history. Only 21 schools have FCS titles. Everyone else at some point is gonna lose. They don't hand out we made it far in the playoff trophies.

I think they actually do, or at least some sort of trophy

BisonTru
November 1st, 2018, 09:02 AM
I don't understand why we have a playoff in the 1st place when North Dakota State is going to kick who ever shows up to play them to sleep.

Just life's mysteries I guess

Different strokes for different folks. I suppose for basketball you’d like us to just go to a bowl system. I mean outside of Butler and Villanova no FCS team is going to win a championship. We could all just get together with another mid major and play a game at the end of the season.

I’d rather see my team go and try and make a run in the playoffs. Look at loyala last year. I mean they could of just went and played the Horizon champ but I think their playoff run was a tad bit more exciting.

Professor
November 1st, 2018, 09:22 AM
Different strokes for different folks. I suppose for basketball you’d like us to just go to a bowl system. I mean outside of Butler and Villanova no FCS team is going to win a championship. We could all just get together with another mid major and play a game at the end of the season.

I’d rather see my team go and try and make a run in the playoffs. Look at loyala last year. I mean they could of just went and played the Horizon champ but I think their playoff run was a tad bit more exciting.

If the money is better than what the NCAA is paying per unit, Hell why not try it.

Well enjoy your playoffs, no one is trying to take that from you. You however have an issue with a conference or conferences making a business decision that is better for them.

You like Cinderella stories but don't want to see one in FCS. interesting

Professor Chaos
November 1st, 2018, 09:23 AM
As compared to what? I can go back and pull up the ratings if you want me to but when NDSU has played on the ESPN networks in the past (which has generally been from the quarterfinals to the title game) they've been the most watched live sports program on whichever network they've been on for that whole day.

BisonTru
November 1st, 2018, 09:25 AM
If the money is better than what the NCAA is paying per unit, Hell why not try it.

Well enjoy your playoffs, no one is trying to take that from you. You however have an issue with a conference or conferences making a business decision that is better for them.

You like Cinderella stories but don't want to see one in FCS. interesting

- - - Updated - - -

Please post a picture of said trophy. Your school won a game in 14, where is the hardware

No issue at all with your conference. Hell, you guys could start the celebration game and skip march madness. It could be a SWAC/MEAC bash at some large venue. Good for you, but I still like playoff formats. It's more exciting to me, but like I said different strokes for different folks.

Professor
November 1st, 2018, 09:32 AM
As compared to what? I can go back and pull up the ratings if you want me to but when NDSU has played on the ESPN networks in the past (which has generally been from the quarterfinals to the title game) they've been the most watched live sports program on whichever network they've been on for that whole day.

NDSU has played in the last 3 title games. The Celebration Bowl has outdrew the game all 3 years. I don't know the ratings for the quarters and semis but the title game doesn't

Bison56
November 1st, 2018, 09:47 AM
NDSU has played in the last 3 title games. The Celebration Bowl has outdrew the game all 3 years. I don't know the ratings for the quarters and semis but the title game doesn't

You didn't read his post correct.

Professor
November 1st, 2018, 09:57 AM
You didn't read his post correct.

I did. He's talking about ESPN and NDSU and how they are the best on the network. I mentioned the Celebration Bowl because it's comparative but just on another network. What he fails to mention that it's no other football really going on but the D2 playoffs. Bowl season doesn't start till 3rd week in Dec. Conf Champs games are 1st weekend in Dec. With no football on and only FCS and others , of course NDSU will outdraw

Professor Chaos
November 1st, 2018, 10:05 AM
The Celebration Bowl is on ABC, it's not an even comparison. The most watched FCS playoff game prior to 2017 was always a quarterfinal game because it's on ESPN at noon ET on Saturday (last year they bumped it to ESPN2 - not sure if that's permanent or not) and all the rest were either on ESPN2 or ESPNU. In 2016 the NDSU/SDSU quarterfinal drew nearly 2M viewers which was almost double what the college basketball game immediately after it did and more than double of what College Gameday and Sportscenter did immediately before it (link (https://sportstvratings.com/heisman-presentation-catholics-vs-convicts-north-dakota-st-south-dakota-st-top-cable-sports-tv-ratings-for-saturday-december-10-2016/7069/)). Last year the FCS title game beat college basketball games on ESPN and CBS at the same time as the title game on ESPN2 and was the most watched live sporting event of the weekend outside of one college basketball game (on Sunday afternoon on CBS) and NFL playoffs (link (http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/skedball-weekend-sports-tv-rating-1-6-7-2018.html)). It also beat 7 bowl games, 6 of which were on ESPN, in terms of viewership (link (http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2018/01/college-football-bowl-ratings-increase/)).

I'll admit I'm jealous that the Celebration Bowl gets that ABC time slot when the FCS playoffs just lost their only ESPN time slot last year but the ratings are still strong in comparison to the other programming they're putting on the same ESPN network, and competing against other networks, for the time slots they do give the FCS playoffs.

I did. He's talking about ESPN and NDSU and how they are the best on the network. I mentioned the Celebration Bowl because it's comparative but just on another network. What he fails to mention that it's no other football really going on but the D2 playoffs. Bowl season doesn't start till 3rd week in Dec. Conf Champs games are 1st weekend in Dec. With no football on and only FCS and others , of course NDSU will outdraw
See above. That "just on another network" part is kind of a big deal.

WestCoastAggie
November 1st, 2018, 10:12 AM
All this debate is mute if A&T doesn't handle business the next 3 weeks and things don't break our way.

Interestingly enough, I think A&T would fall into NDSU's quadrant, creating the potential of one explosive game in the quarterfinals.

If that happens, the 50-page threads would be abound in multiple quantities!

But first, it's "Survive and Advance!"

Professor
November 1st, 2018, 10:44 AM
All this debate is mute if A&T doesn't handle business the next 3 weeks and things don't break our way.

Interestingly enough, I think A&T would fall into NDSU's quadrant, creating the potential of one explosive game in the quarterfinals.

If that happens, the 50-page threads would be abound in multiple quantities!

But first, it's "Survive and Advance!"

True but honestly in FCS , there isn't anything else to talk about but when are we scheduled to play NDSU and what are we gonna do after they end our season

Reign of Terrier
November 1st, 2018, 10:51 AM
I want the subdivision to be better (including the MEAC), but there's not nearly enough evidence to suggest A&T would be competitive with NDSU. In fact, less evidence compared to other teams.

WestCoastAggie
November 1st, 2018, 10:59 AM
True but honestly in FCS , there isn't anything else to talk about but when are we scheduled to play NDSU and what are we gonna do after they end our season

There will be plenty of banter between now and hopefully then.

- - - Updated - - -

I want the subdivision to be better (including the MEAC), but there's not nearly enough evidence to suggest A&T would be competitive with NDSU. In fact, less evidence compared to other teams.

That won't stop the potential smack talk that would ensue.

But first, we gotta beat the living snot out of Norfolk State.

Derby City Duke
November 1st, 2018, 01:45 PM
There will be plenty of banter between now and hopefully then.

- - - Updated - - -

That won't stop the potential smack talk that would ensue.

But first, we gotta beat the living snot out of Norfolk State.

If you can't do this you won't belong in this year's tournament. We were on a pace for almost 70 this year when the Spartans decided they didn't want to finish the game on Sunday...

Professor
November 1st, 2018, 01:51 PM

Hell its what 4 teams in FCS that would be. Wofford would get a whoopin too lol

Reign of Terrier
November 1st, 2018, 02:01 PM
Hell its what 4 teams in FCS that would be. Wofford would get a whoopin too lol

Eh, it depends. Wofford had one of our worst offenses ever in the playoffs and only lost to NDSU by a touchdown in 2012 (we were shut out on offense, but still)

Thumper 76
November 1st, 2018, 02:59 PM
A lot MVFC envy here.
I’m 95% sure they have a cream for that. Must not be marketing it in the Carolinas yet....

Because the MVFC thinks non-NDSU teams being 10-9 against Southland, Southern, Big Sky, and CAA in the playoffs since 2013 warrants rebranding the FCS playoffs as the MVFC invitational.
I’m still curious to see what the other conferences records are in that time frame against the four other conferences in this little round robin. You’re putting a lot of this out for a conference that hasn’t done much in the playoffs recently.

If KSU ends up having to travel to Fargo does anyone have a spare bedroom that I can pass out drunk in after we get stomped? lol

but seriously... that would be awesome because I definitely want to go
Maybe?

Well, I can think of one team that hasn’t beat them in the playoffs but has split the season with them before. And numerous occasions in the MVFC where it’s happened, most recently SDSU/UNI last year.

Professor
November 1st, 2018, 03:22 PM
I’m 95% sure they have a cream for that. Must not be marketing it in the Carolinas yet....

I’m still curious to see what the other conferences records are in that time frame against the four other conferences in this little round robin. You’re putting a lot of this out for a conference that hasn’t done much in the playoffs recently.

Maybe?

Well, I can think of one team that hasn’t beat them in the playoffs but has split the season with them before. And numerous occasions in the MVFC where it’s happened, most recently SDSU/UNI last year.

NDSU has lost 2 playoff games since 2010 both in the championship game. Doubt they lose anytime soon

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2018, 03:35 PM
NDSU has lost 2 playoff games since 2010 both in the championship game. Doubt they lose anytime soon

They lost to EWU in the opening round iirc in 2010 and the title game in 2016. So only once in the title game.

JSUSoutherner
November 1st, 2018, 03:48 PM
False.

JSUSoutherner
November 1st, 2018, 03:50 PM
NDSU is 6-0 in Frisco.

Their 2010 loss to EWU was a quarterfinals game.

Their 2016 loss to JMU was in Fargo in the semis.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2018, 03:53 PM
NDSU is 6-0 in Frisco.

Their 2010 loss to EWU was a quarterfinals game.

Their 2016 loss to JMU was in Fargo in the semis.

Indeed!! why i said the 2016 title game is beyond me. JMU beat the Bison in Fargo...

mvfcfan
November 1st, 2018, 04:31 PM
An Indiana State Fan wants to discuss Playoff history. Bwhahaha. Your carried by others teams in your conference. Lol. I guess when NDSU wins you all win lol

LOL yes we suck almost every season and we've still won a playoff game this century. How many has the MEAC won this century. Could it be 0? Like as in 0-18 since 1999. Nice try.

JSUSoutherner
November 1st, 2018, 04:33 PM
LOL yes we suck almost every season and we've still won a playoff game this century. How many has the MEAC won this century. Could it be 0? Like as in 0-18 since 1999. Nice try.
Scorcher.

WestCoastAggie
November 1st, 2018, 04:36 PM
If you can't do this you won't belong in this year's tournament. We were on a pace for almost 70 this year when the Spartans decided they didn't want to finish the game on Sunday...

I agree with you especially since Savannah State dropped over 30 points on Norfolk State just last week. That team is in disarray and we need to put 4 complete quarters of football together for once. We gotta make those Spartans fire Coach Scott next Monday. Talk about a fall from grace for that man.

JSUSoutherner
November 1st, 2018, 04:38 PM
I agree with you especially since Savannah State dropped over 30 points on Norfolk State just last week. That team is in disarray and we need to put 4 complete quarters of football together for once. We gotta make those Spartans fire Coach Scott next Monday. Talk about a fall from grace for that man.

If you lose to NSU I will drive to Greensboro and take a fat deuce on your field.

WestCoastAggie
November 1st, 2018, 04:58 PM
If you lose to NSU I will drive to Greensboro and take a fat deuce on your field.

You should do it anyway. We do need the fertilizer. Have you seen our field come November?

Bison56
November 1st, 2018, 05:17 PM
You should do it anyway. We do need the fertilizer. Have you seen our field come November?

xlolx

JSUSoutherner
November 1st, 2018, 05:47 PM
Just win, damnit.

Bison56
November 1st, 2018, 07:08 PM

Will there be a video?

JSUSoutherner
November 1st, 2018, 07:11 PM
Will there be a video?

You want a video of me taking a ****?

BisonTru
November 1st, 2018, 07:34 PM
Will there be a video?

https://media1.giphy.com/media/ly8G39g1ujpNm/giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bdb9af9467574763240fe31

https://media3.giphy.com/media/qiFchLT8Gora8/200w.webp?cid=3640f6095bdb9af9467574763240fe31

Bison56
November 1st, 2018, 08:04 PM

I need proof.

JSUSoutherner
November 1st, 2018, 08:07 PM
I need proof.

You need help.

ST_Lawson
November 1st, 2018, 08:31 PM
You need help.

I need football.

JSUSoutherner
November 1st, 2018, 08:33 PM
I need football.

Your football needs help.

ST_Lawson
November 1st, 2018, 08:34 PM
Your football needs help.

Our football is fine. Our fanbase needs help.

TheKingpin28
November 1st, 2018, 08:37 PM
Our football is fine. Our fanbase needs help.

Your locker room location needs help.

ST_Lawson
November 1st, 2018, 08:39 PM
Your locker room location needs help.

Not a fan of "the long walk"?

TheKingpin28
November 1st, 2018, 08:40 PM
Not a fan of "the long walk"?

I've seen The Green Mile. I know how that **** ends. xlolx

JSUSoutherner
November 1st, 2018, 08:42 PM
I've seen The Green Mile. I know how that **** ends. xlolx
But Tom Hanks

TheKingpin28
November 1st, 2018, 08:46 PM
But Tom Hanks

I don't want to outlive everyone I have ever known and loved and will love. To know that potentially centuries will pass before I could die, that would be the real torture.

#TomHanksTho

JSUSoutherner
November 1st, 2018, 08:49 PM
I don't want to outlive everyone I have ever known and loved and will love. To know that potentially centuries will pass before I could die, that would be the real torture.

#TomHanksTho
I'm assuming you're referring to TGM. I haven't seen it in years so I don't remember anything from it. I need to go back and rewatch it.

TheKingpin28
November 1st, 2018, 08:50 PM
I'm assuming you're referring to TGM. I haven't seen it in years so I don't remember anything from it. I need to go back and rewatch it.

Yes and "The Long Walk".

ST_Lawson
November 1st, 2018, 09:05 PM
It was really just a joke about how far our locker rooms are from our stadium...but that is a really good movie (and book).

Maybe I should have gone with "the longest yard" instead.

Milktruck74
November 1st, 2018, 09:13 PM
Still not seeing a path for my Mocs to actually Make the Playoffs.....I think we split Furman and Mercer and I'm not sure 7-4 gets us in. Win both and probably, but split and we are watching the first round from home.

JSUSoutherner
November 1st, 2018, 09:35 PM
Still not seeing a path for my Mocs to actually Make the Playoffs.....I think we split Furman and Mercer and I'm not sure 7-4 gets us in. Win both and probably, but split and we are watching the first round from home.
Win both. We will need the round one cupcake to get us rolling.

katss07
November 1st, 2018, 09:42 PM
Win both. We will need the round one cupcake to get us rolling.
Then you best start rooting for some Southland teams.

JSUSoutherner
November 1st, 2018, 10:06 PM
Then you best start rooting for some Southland teams.

UTC will suffice. Plus they can use it as a warm up beating for next season.

Reign of Terrier
November 1st, 2018, 10:46 PM
UTC v JSU would look just like the kickoff game earlier this year. Lots of defense and lots of suckage

JSUSoutherner
November 1st, 2018, 11:25 PM
UTC v JSU would look just like the kickoff game earlier this year. Lots of defense and lots of suckage

Except for the part where Josh Pearson would catch 4 TDs.

TheKingpin28
November 2nd, 2018, 06:40 AM
Except for the part where Josh Pearson would catch 4 TDs.and become President?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bison56
November 2nd, 2018, 06:44 AM
Except for the part where Josh Pearson would catch 4 TDs.

And still lose.