PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the Hens?

Eaglegus2
July 28th, 2005, 04:01 PM
They didn't want to schedule home & home games in the future with Georgia Southern.

I thought you guys would play anyone?

89Hen
July 28th, 2005, 04:11 PM
The Hens will play anyone... just not anywhere. :p

Eaglegus2
July 28th, 2005, 04:15 PM
The Hens will play anyone... just not anywhere. :p

89.........you don't like south Georgia? :( :bawling: :bawling:

Or you afraid of this........ :asswhip: :asswhip: :asswhip:

89Hen
July 28th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Both. :p

Lehigh Football Nation
July 28th, 2005, 04:35 PM
I'm shocked, shocked that Delaware pulled out of a other side of a home-and-home! That's never happened before (*cough*LEHIGH*cough*)

henfan
July 28th, 2005, 04:58 PM
They didn't want to schedule home & home games in the future with Georgia Southern.

I thought you guys would play anyone?

First off, it's never been true that UD would schedule just any team, even in their own division. Ahem,http://sportsevents.net/ncaa/basketball/images/delaware_state_hornets.jpg ;)

I've not heard why UD and GSU couldn't hook up. I'd imagine it's more an issue of UD not being able to accomodate specific dates that GSU had in mind, rather than, as you suggest, UD not wanting to play GSU at all.

Specifically, what exact dates was GSU looking to fill? It does seem that there would be limited noncon space on upcoming schedules, now that UD has booked Maryland (for 1), Navy (for 3), Furman (for 2), and West Chester (through '09.)

gsuwinsudont
July 28th, 2005, 05:27 PM
First off, it's never been true that UD would schedule just any team, even in their own division. Ahem,http://sportsevents.net/ncaa/basketball/images/delaware_state_hornets.jpg ;)

I've not heard why UD and GSU couldn't hook up. I'd imagine it's more an issue of UD not being able to accomodate specific dates that GSU had in mind, rather than, as you suggest, UD not wanting to play GSU at all.

Specifically, what exact dates was GSU looking to fill? It does seem that there would be limited noncon space on upcoming schedules, now that UD has booked Maryland (for 1), Navy (for 3), Furman (for 2), and West Chester (through '09.)

I doubt its the dates. Weve been pissing and moaning about thelack of future OOC on the schedule all offseason on tsc. Something else was wrong i guess. Damn shame i hoped to get another shot at you guys after 02. Always the playoffs....

MR. CHICKEN
July 28th, 2005, 08:15 PM
BIRD DROPPIN'S.....WE'RE EVEN SCARED TA SCHEDULE...DELAWARE STATE!.....:o...........SQWAK!

blur2005
July 28th, 2005, 08:54 PM
BIRD DROPPIN'S.....WE'RE EVEN SCARED TA SCHEDULE...DELAWARE STATE!.....:o...........SQWAK!
We're not. :)

bluehenbillk
July 28th, 2005, 09:32 PM
This is the 1st I've heard of this, but knowing that we did a recent home & home & just signed one with Furman, saying we're scared isn't accurate.

LEHIGH61
July 29th, 2005, 12:46 PM
As you see, they have 7 HOME games and only 4 Away this season. That shouldn't even be allowed by the NCAA! And they've done it before!. It'a absolutely ridiculous. THEY WANT ALL THEIR GAMES AT HOME.

OL FU
July 29th, 2005, 12:57 PM
This is the 1st I've heard of this, but knowing that we did a recent home & home & just signed one with Furman, saying we're scared isn't accurate.

I agree but that ain't gonna change in Eagle's minds.

blueballs
July 29th, 2005, 01:17 PM

That's more likely the case.

gsuwinsudont
July 29th, 2005, 01:21 PM
That's more likely the case.

Only if GSU started negotiations AFTER the hens made the other commitments.

Eagle_77
July 29th, 2005, 01:51 PM
I believe that if it would have been the case of not being able to work out a date for each then our AD would have said that the two schools could not come to terms. The fact that he said that they denied a home and home makes me think that this was not the case.

bluehenbillk
July 29th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Is there a link to all this?

blueballs
July 29th, 2005, 02:33 PM
This was posted on the TSCSports.com website yesterday and attributed to the GSU AD, Sam Baker, who apparently said this at a luncheon yesterday.

"He also indicated that he is hard at work on scheduling for 2006, and needs to find a couple of opponents. We know that Notheastern is coming South in '06 and Sam indicated that he had a deal worked out with Coastal Carolina for a home and home, with Coastal coming to Statesboro in '06.

He said that he was working on a game in the Georgia Dome. I assume for '06. That isn't firmed up yet, so we didn't get much more info than that. He said that he wanted to make sure that our financial risk would be minimized.

He addressed the scheduling and talked about he diffculties that exist with getting games. He did say that Delaware turned him down for future regular season games. The Georgia game is moving along and Sam said that he was thankful that at least GA and Coach Richt are willing to play us again when they really have nothing to gain.

He just shook his head over GA Tech not wanting a game considering they are dying up there to sell tickets. Go figure. They'll play Jax State and Samford, who won' t bring any fans. The fact that we would bring at least 10,000 fans to the game doesn't seem to phase them at all.

He said that the biggest problem is that the schools he talks with know that we're pretty good and that they don't want to have to commit the time to set a defense for our option game. Furman has no problem getting games because they are predictable in how they will line up offensively."

MR. CHICKEN
July 29th, 2005, 02:37 PM
As you see, they have 7 HOME games and only 4 Away this season. That shouldn't even be allowed by the NCAA! And they've done it before!. It'a absolutely ridiculous. THEY WANT ALL THEIR GAMES AT HOME.
CHICKEN HAWK,

DUH GRIZZWALDS DO IT ALL DUH TIME....AN'...BACK IN DA DAY.....MARSHALL AS I REMEMBER HAD EIGHT HOMERS.....AN' ALL DUH PLAY-OFF GAMES AT HOME!.......DAT WEST VIRGINNY HOME COOKIN' COULDN'T O' BEEN DAT GOOD!..........:rotateh:..................BRRAAAWW WWKKKKK!

Baldy
July 29th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Not trying to make any insinuations or anything, BUT a little birdy to me GSU was trying to negotiate with UD for future OOC games long before Furman came in to the picture. :eyebrow:

foghorn
July 29th, 2005, 02:53 PM

:p Looks like Lehigh is already getting their excuses lined up for losing to UD again. Too many schollies, too many transfers, too many fans, too easy to get into, too noisy, too many championships, now it's too many home games. Oh boy! :eek: Go Hens! :D

MR. CHICKEN
July 29th, 2005, 02:56 PM
WAS DAT WHITTLE BIRDIE.....NAMED....."COCKY"?....:boring:.....BAWK!

ChickenMan
July 29th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Not trying to make any insinuations or anything, BUT a little birdy to me GSU was trying to negotiate with UD for future OOC games long before Furman came in to the picture. :eyebrow:

To be the best... you have to beat the best. Has Furman replaced GSU as the 'best' of the SoCon...??? :D

Baldy
July 29th, 2005, 03:02 PM
To be the best... you have to beat the best. Has Furman replaced GSU as the 'best' of the SoCon...??? :D

Yeah, just like JMU has replaced UD in the A-10. xlolx

Baldy
July 29th, 2005, 03:05 PM
WAS DAT WHITTLE BIRDIE.....NAMED....."COCKY"?....:boring:.....BAWK!

No. It was some birdy named MRS. CHICKEN. ;)

ChickenMan
July 29th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Yeah, just like JMU has replaced UD in the A-10. xlolx

I hope that UD didn't turn GSU down... as there's no reason that both Furman & GSU couldn't be on future UD schedules (separate years of course)... but knowing our AD... I wouldn't be surprised... :(

GannonFan
July 30th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Come on, what's the whining all about? UD hasn't blocked playing GSU again EVER, just in the short term. Playing Furman is certainly good and continues a nice trend of playing the best of IAA, which includes the likes of Furman, Georgia Southern, Lehigh, and Youngstown, to name a few whom Delaware has or will play. UD played GSU 4 times between 1997 and 2002, which inlcuded certainly some of GSU's best years, and the schools split the 4 games - I don't think there's fear on either side, just a willingness to play some other teams. We'll play again, just relax.

89Hen
July 30th, 2005, 10:22 PM
THEY WANT ALL THEIR GAMES AT HOME. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :p

HensRock
July 30th, 2005, 11:33 PM
UD played GSU 4 times between 1997 and 2002.

But 2 of those were playoff games, GF. It's not like the AD's got together and planned it. The games in 2001/2002 were a h&h deal the schools put together, but the 97 and 00 meetings were playoffs (both in Newark, by the way).

MR. CHICKEN
August 1st, 2005, 09:47 AM
AH BELIEVE DUH 2001/2002 GAMES WERE SCHEDULED TA REPLACE YOUNGSTOWN ST....(WHO WANTED OUT)...IN 2001!....xcoffeex....BRAWK!