PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'Em - Week 10

DFW HOYA
October 27th, 2018, 10:25 PM
Only one PL team above .500 as we head into November.

Bucknell (1-7, 1-2) at Lehigh (1-7, 0-3), 12:30 pm
Holy Cross (2-6, 1-2) at Lafayette (3-5, 2-2), 12:30 pm
Colgate (7-0, 4-0) at Fordham (1-7, 1-2), 1:00 pm
Georgetown (4-5, 3-1), bye week

PAllen
October 27th, 2018, 11:13 PM
visitors across the board.

bonarae
October 28th, 2018, 03:33 AM
Bucknell
Holy Cross
Colgate - modern-era shutout record will probably be broken in this game...

World
October 28th, 2018, 04:57 AM

Ivytalk
October 28th, 2018, 06:27 AM
Bucknell
Lafayette
Colgate

kdinva
October 28th, 2018, 08:17 AM
Bucknell 21 at Lehigh 19
Holy Cross 24 at Lafayette 26
Colgate 35 at Fordham 10

Ivytalk
October 28th, 2018, 08:48 AM
Bucknell 21 at Lehigh 19
Holy Cross 24 at Lafayette 26
Colgate 35 at Fordham 10
Fordham will score 10?xconfusedx

carney2
October 28th, 2018, 12:21 PM
Bucknell (1-7, 1-2) at Lehigh (1-7, 0-3), 12:30 pm – Two absolutely dreadful Patriot League teams (a phrase defining almost all of them) play a game for no apparent reason. The Brownies appear incapable of winning another game this season.

Holy Cross (2-6, 1-2) at Lafayette (3-5, 2-2), 12:30 pm – Another meaningless Patriot League game, but one that could be very interesting featuring two programs that may have found out how to get out of their own way. The Crossers run more than they pass. The Pards love to stuff the run. I’ll go with the Maroon defense in this one.

Colgate (7-0, 4-0) at Fordham (1-7, 1-2), 1:00 pm – “gate has not given up a TD in something like 24 consecutive quarters. 28, anyone?

ngineer
October 28th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Bison chips will continue the embarrassing demolition of a once proud program as they take their whacks at the crumbling foundation of Lehigh football. Bucknell 38-16

Winner is whoever makes least mistakes. Seem like pretty even teams, both with good RBs. Going with the Leotards only due to the 'home field 3'. Laughyette, 24-23

'gate gives up a score by accident, but keeps on hummin'. Colgate 34-10.

G'town licking their wounds, but still feeling good.

PAllen
October 28th, 2018, 04:51 PM
Bison chips will continue the embarrassing demolition of a once proud program as they take their whacks at the crumbling foundation of Lehigh football. Bucknell 38-16

Winner is whoever makes least mistakes. Seem like pretty even teams, both with good RBs. Going with the Leotards only due to the 'home field 3'. Laughyette, 24-23

'gate gives up a score by accident, but keeps on hummin'. Colgate 34-10.

G'town licking their wounds, but still feeling good.

I'm not sure this team cares enough to score 16 for the rest of the season, lat alone in one game.

van
October 28th, 2018, 07:49 PM
I'm not sure this team cares enough to score 16 for the rest of the season, lat alone in one game.

agree, 16 would be above the season average and don't see how they do that against Buffs D which is above average

Ivytalk
October 28th, 2018, 07:55 PM
agree, 16 would be above the season average and don't see how they do that against Buffs D which is above average
Gosh , you Lehigh guys are starting to eat your own!xeekx

RichH2
October 28th, 2018, 08:21 PM

Hehehe. You should have been around for the feasting upon the bones of Pete Lembo. Forced out because he only had winning seasons like 8-3 and not 12-2 like Higgins. You aint seen nothing yet, sadly. Not one of our better traits.

LU808
October 28th, 2018, 11:26 PM
Lehigh will remain scoreless vs Bucky

Schism55
October 28th, 2018, 11:29 PM

Good ****ing Lord xsmhx

PAllen
October 29th, 2018, 12:21 AM
Hehehe. You should have been around for the feasting upon the bones of Pete Lembo. Forced out because he only had winning seasons like 8-3 and not 12-2 like Higgins. You aint seen nothing yet, sadly. Not one of our better traits.

Nah, Lembo got ousted because of his big mouth.

cx500d
October 29th, 2018, 06:58 AM

At least this year your champ will have a winning record!

I hope Colgate does well and makes a deep run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lehigh Football Nation
October 29th, 2018, 11:16 AM

Lembo left to take over at Elon, became an FBS head coach, and is currently on the staff at Rice. Not too shabby. And not "ousted".

Pard4Life
October 29th, 2018, 12:21 PM

Yeah, isn't it great? Enjoying the show...

ngineer
October 29th, 2018, 12:46 PM

One TD and 3 FGs.

ngineer
October 29th, 2018, 12:50 PM

While there was some disgruntlement about "Pistol Pete", he had thin skin back then and a fairly young HC, he wasn't fired. He got a nice opportunity to "move up" to the CAA and turnaround a moribund program which set him up for moving onto FBS. He's a pretty bright guy and has always been on the look for the next rung to him the brass ring of an FBS HC gig.

DFW HOYA
October 29th, 2018, 12:51 PM
Lembo left to take over at Elon, became an FBS head coach, and is currently on the staff at Rice. Not too shabby. And not "ousted".

Pete Lembo since Lehigh:

2006–2010 Elon
2011–2015 Ball State
2016–2017 Maryland (Assoc HC/Special Teams)
2018-present Rice (Assoc HC/Special Teams)

ngineer
October 29th, 2018, 12:52 PM
Yeah, isn't it great? Enjoying the show...

Oh, it will get better if Joe Sterrett doesn't step in.

ColgateTD
October 29th, 2018, 03:11 PM
Bucknell 21- Lehigh 7
Lafayette 17 - Holy Cross 14
Colgate 31 - Fordham 2

'Gate has given up 6 pts in the last 6 games; G'town was the 4th shutout in the last 5 games; have not allowed a TD since first game...however I see a safety being something they have not prevented up to now :))

TheValleyRaider
October 29th, 2018, 05:35 PM
Finally got to 3-0, now up to 32-11 on the season. Calendar flips to November, let's keep the good times rolling

Bucknell at Lehigh Bucknell What happened in Bethlehem? The only thing that gives me pause in this matchup is the fact that I expect Lehigh to play a little better this week, given they cannot possibly play worse. Bucknell has the same issues as usual, a solid defense and a solidly ineffective offense. Taking the Bison because it feels irresponsible to pick the Hawks until they prove otherwise.

Holy Cross at Lafayette Lafayette Both teams coming off victories, which isn't a common thing to say for PL games. Without much fanfare, the Leopards have run off 3 wins in their last 4, and one of them was even OOC. The Crusaders have felt like a "close-but-no-cigar" team all season, and this is an interesting opportunity to get over the hump (assuming last week wasn't HC paving over said hump). I like the ascending Leopards at home, who feel like they are a year ahead of the Cross at the moment. We'll see if that holds up in 2019, or even this Saturday.

Colgate at Fordham Colgate I will forgo further statistical hyperbole about the defense to instead marvel at the team's focus. Big comment from Hunt this weekend was the ability for the seniors to compartmentalize the Senior Day ceremonies, and focus on another good all-around performance. I want to feel nervous about facing a Fordham team that's coming off a win and couple of close losses, but with a trophy on the line, Raiders should keep their eyes on the prize. This would be only the 2nd time Colgate has won back-to-back League titles (2002-03 was the other).

Sader87
October 30th, 2018, 12:21 AM
Big game for HC....a win in Easton and Chesney's 11 could run the table (Fordham and @GTown last 2 weeks) to finish 4-2;5-6 and build momentum moving forward. Brutal schedule in '19 won't make things easy though.

UNHWildcat18
October 30th, 2018, 06:10 AM
Big game for HC....a win in Easton and Chesney's 11 could run the table (Fordham and @GTown last 2 weeks) to finish 4-2;5-6 and build momentum moving forward. Brutal schedule in '19 won't make things easy though.

I definitely think you guys can pull that off

PAllen
October 30th, 2018, 07:40 AM

BTW, I LOVE your '19 schedule.

Sader87
October 30th, 2018, 08:03 AM
I love our '19 schedule too...finally play Navy, Syracuse, UNH etc....it's just a very daunting one to go ovah .500...but that's fine, only Year 2 etc. Hard to believe with the very long and historic Navy ROTC program at HC, that we have never played Annapolis in football.

RichH2
October 31st, 2018, 09:11 AM
A shame really. Making picks this year is like getting a root canal at least for me. :)
Another game for Lehigh vs a team with an identical record. By all rights LU should get a W but it wont unless someone found a magic potion making the players able to care.
Cross vs Pards. Two squads showing signs of moving up. Pards have a tough D. Pards get the W.
Gate vs Rams. Only question here is whether Raiders will toss another shutout.
A positive note for Lehigh fans is the starts of Bball and Wrestling over the next few weeks. Sports we are still good at.

DFW HOYA
October 31st, 2018, 10:08 AM
I love our '19 schedule too...finally play Navy, Syracuse, UNH etc....it's just a very daunting one to go ovah .500...but that's fine, only Year 2 etc. Hard to believe with the very long and historic Navy ROTC program at HC, that we have never played Annapolis in football.

https://www.holycross.edu/academics/programs/naval-science/about

carney2
October 31st, 2018, 12:40 PM
Odds:

Bucknell 3 over Lehigh
Holy Cross 10 1/2 over Lafayette
Colgate 29 1/2 over Fordham

carney2
October 31st, 2018, 12:42 PM
Odds:

Bucknell 3 over Lehigh

I'd probably have my wallet out for one or two of these if I knew where to go.

ngineer
October 31st, 2018, 08:04 PM
Odds:

Bucknell 3 over Lehigh

Definitely take Bucknell giving up only 3. We'll be fortunate to be within 21.
Definitely take 'pards and the points. I call this a toss-up.
Normally take 'gate to beat the spread, but Raider starters get pulled in the third quarter, so score could be closer.

Go...gate
November 1st, 2018, 12:23 AM
Lehigh 22, Bucknell 20

Lafayette 17, Holy Cross 14

Colgate 20, Fordham 16

Georgetown 2, Open Date 0

Bonus Picks:

Princeton 33, Dartmouth 28

Hun 23, Mercersburg 21

Go Green
November 1st, 2018, 08:59 AM
Princeton 33, Dartmouth 28

My gut is that a close Princeton win is the least likely scenario for the D-P game. Either Princeton wins handily, or Dartmouth wins.

We've had Princeton's number for a while, and I have a hard time seeing the Tigers prevail if the game is still up in the air in the fourth.

But we will see!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 1st, 2018, 06:25 PM
https://www.mcall.com/sports/college/mc-spt-lehigh-football-embarassment-20181031-story.html

Good article regarding Coen and Lehigh football. I do feel bad to an extent because he is a really good guy. The tenor of the article is that he might get another chance depending how these final few games go. I also get the sense he knows the pressure is on. If he does return Strerrett better have Andy clean house and increase the assistant budget by 2 or 3x in order to get this thing turned around.

PAllen
November 1st, 2018, 09:17 PM
https://www.mcall.com/sports/college/mc-spt-lehigh-football-embarassment-20181031-story.html

Good article regarding Coen and Lehigh football. I do feel bad to an extent because he is a really good guy. The tenor of the article is that he might get another chance depending how these final few games go. I also get the sense he knows the pressure is on. If he does return Strerrett better have Andy clean house and increase the assistant budget by 2 or 3x in order to get this thing turned around.

Replace assistants? I've heard that tune a number of times now. If Coen isn't replaced by January, then both he and Sterrett need to leave too.

Sader87
November 1st, 2018, 10:01 PM
I've never seen a league with schools bending themselves ovah backwards NOT to fire its coaches (Coen, Tavani, Gilmore etc) than the PL.

Says something about the league....and it's not good.

Leopard Loyalist
November 1st, 2018, 11:21 PM
32-12 heading into the homestretch. Admittedly, two of these three could go the other way....

Sader87
November 1st, 2018, 11:34 PM
The leader at the HC board, of about 35 or so pickahs, is 34-10...just to give you some frame of reference.

van
November 2nd, 2018, 08:48 AM
Bucknell Lehigh is still a train wreck until they prove something to me, maybe this week they play up to their potential

Lafayette Crossers may be confident after last week, but they have a better opponent this week

Colgate who can stop this steady O and shut down D

Bill
November 2nd, 2018, 09:01 AM
The leader at the HC board, of about 35 or so pickahs, is 34-10...just to give you some frame of reference.

Well, I enter today with a 36-8 mark for the year...and I'm not about to start picking Lehigh now. Hope I'm wrong though. Going with all three road teams...

Pards Rule
November 2nd, 2018, 09:47 AM
Odds:

Bucknell 3 over Lehigh

can I wager in Atlantic City???

Bill
November 2nd, 2018, 10:44 AM
Yes. There are also apps that will let you bet from ANYWHERE in NJ....

ColgateTD
November 2nd, 2018, 11:28 AM
Colgate 20, Fordham 16

WTH. Have you been drinking the RAM's cool-ade? This is a much too conservative prediction.

More realistic: Colgate 35, Fordham 7

Bonus pick: Princeton 47, Dartmouth 21

ngineer
November 2nd, 2018, 11:31 AM
I've never seen a league with schools bending themselves ovah backwards NOT to fire its coaches (Coen, Tavani, Gilmore etc) than the PL.

Says something about the league....and it's not good.

I think a lot of it is due to the League presidents' awareness of the 'one arm behind the back' position our teams are when faced with OOC. Plus, sports at the PL level is not a money making endeavor. The general feeling is so long at the coach runs a clean program and we are 'competitive', then they are comfortable. It is when something gets out of hand or there is a significant incident that forces moves. The exception at Lehigh is wrestling. It is the flagship sport and is expected to be in the national conversation with the 'big boys'. Until the PL changes it policies, we will never be in the 'national conversation' on a regular basis. There will be moments when one of our teams makes a little noise (maybe this year with Colgate), but under the present formula, I don't see it annually, and similar pressure is not made to bear on the HC's. "Just don't embarrass us" seems to be the standard, now. Unfortunately, Lehigh has entered into realm this year.

RichH2
November 2nd, 2018, 11:39 AM
I think a lot of it is due to the League presidents' awareness of the 'one arm behind the back' position our teams are when faced with OOC. Plus, sports at the PL level is not a money making endeavor. The general feeling is so long at the coach runs a clean program and we are 'competitive', then they are comfortable. It is when something gets out of hand or there is a significant incident that forces moves. The exception at Lehigh is wrestling. It is the flagship sport and is expected to be in the national conversation with the 'big boys'. Until the PL changes it policies, we will never be in the 'national conversation' on a regular basis. There will be moments when one of our teams makes a little noise (maybe this year with Colgate), but under the present formula, I don't see it annually, and similar pressure is not made to bear on the HC's. "Just don't embarrass us" seems to be the standard, now. Unfortunately, Lehigh has entered into realm this year.

Perhaps Lehigh has ngineer. Dont know. But, I have to think the results so far this year are not competitive and are embarrassing for everyone including our President Simon.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 2nd, 2018, 11:52 AM

I think Lehigh has entered into the embarrassment territory this year and parts of the last year as well. If the PL will only be able to make a "little noise" and really don't believe in competing with so much as decent OOC competition then I think the league should return to a more insular formula.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 2nd, 2018, 04:11 PM
Bucknell
Holy Cross
The Maroons of the Chenango Valley

Go...gate
November 3rd, 2018, 12:40 AM
WTH. Have you been drinking the RAM's cool-ade? This is a much too conservative prediction.

More realistic: Colgate 35, Fordham 7

Bonus pick: Princeton 47, Dartmouth 21

I hope you are right but I'm a conservative kind of guy!

Lehigh Football Nation
November 3rd, 2018, 12:48 AM
Bucknell at Lehigh Game Breakdown and Fearless Prediction:

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2018/11/2018-week-9-bucknell-game-breakdown-and.html

Prediction: The sun will come up in the morning and the game of football will not be broken by the display at Murray Goodman this weekend

Pard4Life
November 3rd, 2018, 07:19 AM
Bucknell 28, Lehigh 14
Lafayette 24, Holy Cross 21
Colgate 38, Fordham 0

Dartmouth 28, Princeton 27... I think Dartmouth has more grit and will fare better in a close game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2018, 11:33 AM
Bucknell 31 Lehigh 20
Holy Cross 24 Lafayette 20
Colgate 31 Fordham 3

I need to figure out my season record...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2018, 11:49 AM
TD Bragalone!

Lehigh 7-0 8:59 1Q

Pards Rule
November 3rd, 2018, 12:05 PM
TD Pearson! Pards 7-0!

TheValleyRaider
November 3rd, 2018, 12:06 PM
Raiders and Rams underway in the Boogie Down

Colgate 0
Fordham 0

Pards Rule
November 3rd, 2018, 12:14 PM
CJ Amill 65 yard TD run, Pards 14-0

TheValleyRaider
November 3rd, 2018, 12:17 PM
Fordham fumbled a snap, Colgate recovered at the 10. Two plays later, Holland in for the TOUCHDOWN!

Something to watch: Sage Attwood was in at QB for that drive, not Breneman

7-0 Colgate
11:17 1st

Pards Rule
November 3rd, 2018, 12:19 PM
Fordham fumbled a snap, Colgate recovered at the 10. Two plays later, Holland in for the TOUCHDOWN!

Something to watch: Sage Attwood was in at QB for that drive, not Breneman

7-0 Colgate
11:17 1st

Why so???

TheValleyRaider
November 3rd, 2018, 12:34 PM
First play from midfield, Holland breaks free for 50 yards and the TOUCHDOWN!!

Breneman was back at QB after missing a couple of drives

14-0 Colgate
5:56 1st

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2018, 12:37 PM
TD Lehigh!

14-6 Mountain Hawks 3:45 2Q

PAllen
November 3rd, 2018, 12:38 PM
TD Lehigh!

14-6 Mountain Hawks 3:45 2Q

Just checked in for the scores. Holy crap, what happened in the Lehigh Valley?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2018, 12:40 PM
Just checked in for the scores. Holy crap, what happened in the Lehigh Valley?

They're playing some with emotion, utilizing their athletes and.......Bucknell is terrible!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2018, 12:46 PM
TD Lehigh!

Lehigh 21-6 0:49 2Q

TheValleyRaider
November 3rd, 2018, 12:46 PM
Holland put the ball on the turf, but the quarter ends with a Colgate sack on 3rd down near midfield. Fordham facing 4th and long when the 2nd begins

Colgate 14
Fordham 0
End 1st

TheValleyRaider
November 3rd, 2018, 12:53 PM
Big gaps opening up for the running game, a long drive capped by a dive from Matthews

21-0 Colgate
11:37 2nd

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2018, 12:55 PM
TD Bucknell right before half! 2 pt try good!

Lehigh 21-14 0;14 2Q

van
November 3rd, 2018, 01:02 PM
TD Bucknell right before half! 2 pt try good!

Lehigh 21-14 0;14 2Q

Bucknell aided by a stupid unsportsmanlike penalty, somebody needs to sit and think about that, these guys are not good enough to be stupid too

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2018, 01:09 PM
Bucknell aided by a stupid unsportsmanlike penalty, somebody needs to sit and think about that, these guys are not good enough to be stupid too

Still too many mistakes and missed opportunities on offense. Earle and Sanders (#5) are all the Bison have on offense. I've been very impressed with Earle. He's as good as advertised. Overall, Lehigh is much quicker on both sides of the ball. They just need to keep playing hard. Do that, don't turn the ball over and they'll win.

TheValleyRaider
November 3rd, 2018, 01:12 PM
Colgate takes a short punt, quickly gets near the end zone, has a TD wiped out by a chop-block penalty, finally settling for the short FG from Puzzi

24-0 Colgate
4:36 2nd

TheValleyRaider
November 3rd, 2018, 01:20 PM
Midfield interception, another quick drive and another score, Breneman from 2 yards out this time

31-0 Colgate
0:53 2nd

Sader87
November 3rd, 2018, 01:23 PM
HC comes back from an early 14-0 deficit to lead 17-14 at the half at a very windy Fisher Field in Easton.

TheValleyRaider
November 3rd, 2018, 01:25 PM
The half ends with another 3 and out from the Rams. Fordham has 8 yards of offense, -25 rushing

30 minutes from a championship

Colgate 31
Fordham 0
Halftime

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2018, 01:29 PM
The half ends with another 3 and out from the Rams. Fordham has 8 yards of offense, -25 rushing

Colgate 31
Fordham 0
Halftime

Really looking forward to the Army game and the playoffs to truly find out how good you guys are! Beating up on the trash of FCS has to be getting old. You have one more piñata next week.

Fordham had -20 yards rushing against Lafayette last week. xlolx My God...

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2018, 01:32 PM
Lehigh with a FG.

24-14 Mountain Hawks 8:52 3Q

Pards Rule
November 3rd, 2018, 01:41 PM
TD Cross 27-14 Crusaders

- - - Updated - - -

Colgate 31
Fordham 0
Halftime
Congrats!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2018, 01:50 PM
After a Bison FG Lehigh strikes quick for a TD! Lehigh been able to get their skill guys some space to operate and the Bison have no answer. It's amazing what happens when you actually try....

31-17 Lehigh 4:00 3Q

CHIP72
November 3rd, 2018, 01:54 PM
Lehigh definitely looks like they are playing their best game of the season.

carney2
November 3rd, 2018, 01:56 PM
Lafayette's Garrett is a freakin' idiot.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2018, 02:07 PM
TD Lehigh!!

38-17 14:11 4Q

TheValleyRaider
November 3rd, 2018, 02:08 PM
Fordham gets a break, blocking a Puzzi FG attempt. Rams return it near midfield, looking to get something going

31-0 Colgate
3:00 3rd

TheValleyRaider
November 3rd, 2018, 02:15 PM
Raiders driving again as the clock runs out. Fordham went nowhere after the FG block, or really at all today

Colgate 31
Fordham 0
End 3rd

TheValleyRaider
November 3rd, 2018, 02:18 PM
2 plays, another score. Twyman gets one for today

38-0 Colgate
14:23 4th

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2018, 02:25 PM
Lehigh with a pick 6!

LU 45-17 6:03 4Q

Sader87
November 3rd, 2018, 02:27 PM
HC with 40 unanswered points....all 54 points in the game have been scored with the wind

TheValleyRaider
November 3rd, 2018, 02:31 PM
Raiders stall in Fordham territory, settle for a Puzzi FG that just gets over the bar

41-0 Colgate
8:54 4th

RichH2
November 3rd, 2018, 02:42 PM
Lehigh with a pick 6!

LU 45-17 6:03 4Q

The team we expected this year has finally appeared. Hope it sticks around for a while.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2018, 02:49 PM
The team we expected this year has finally appeared. Hope it sticks around for a while.

It was a simple formula, play hard and out talent the other team. Where was that effort all year? Bucknell is a bad football team and Lehigh made them look every bit that. It's not like the Bison weren't trying. Lehigh played with a little attitude, racked up some unsportsmanlike penalties (BU player got ejected), and it made a lot of difference.

If Lehigh brings this type of effort next week Colgate will win but the TD streak will end :D

TheValleyRaider
November 3rd, 2018, 02:49 PM
Colgate runs out the clock, Patriot League Champions!

Colgate 41
Fordham 0
Final

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2018, 02:53 PM
Colgate runs out the clock, Patriot League Champions!

Colgate 41
Fordham 0
Final

Congrats! Clearly the best team this year! It all comes down the playoffs now! The league title was pretty much a foregone conclusion since September.

Lafayette's loss today also means the Raiders will be only team in the PL with a winning record for a second straight year! And we've reached a new low... xlolx. Up to Colgate to earn some respectability for themselves and the league!

van
November 3rd, 2018, 02:57 PM

OL performed well today, that was the big difference

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2018, 03:03 PM
OL performed well today, that was the big difference

Absolutely! It allowed Lehigh's skill guys to make plays. This is all in the context of a 2-7 team but Lehigh has legit FCS talent/athletes, especially on offense. The lack of effort and caring recently has completely undermined it.

I wish Holy Cross-Colgate was later in the year. Chesney definitely has that ship headed in the right direction. They're better than their 3-6 record shows imo....

Fordham
November 3rd, 2018, 03:11 PM
Fordham had -20 yards rushing against Lafayette last week. xlolx My God...

Makes our 300 yards rushing, 244 passing and 45 points put up on Lehigh all that more incredible.

So does Susan get fired after losing to the worst Lehigh team in ages and also what appeared to be the clear worst team in the league prior to today ?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 3rd, 2018, 03:19 PM
Makes our 300 yards rushing, 244 passing and 45 points put up on Lehigh all that more incredible.

So does Susan get fired after losing to the worst Lehigh team in ages and also what appeared to be the clear worst team in the league prior to today ?

On the surface he should. But ultimately I don't think it matters. Given the school's complete indifference to football I don't think anyone can be legitimately successful Bucknell. I think the best you can do there is play an easy OOC schedule and hope for a 6 or 7 win season every few years.

Pards Rule
November 3rd, 2018, 04:04 PM

In two weeks he will

RichH2
November 3rd, 2018, 04:16 PM
Congrats to Raiders on clinching PL title. Truly hope you fare better yhan we have the last 2 years in the playoffs.

Pards Rule
November 3rd, 2018, 04:39 PM
Yes congrats to Colgate...like +250 point differential this season!

Bill
November 3rd, 2018, 05:56 PM
I apologize if this has been discussed before...but where are they in terms of historical defenses, statistically speaking? I'm curious to know both nationally and PL - especially post late 1990's, when the game really began to switch offensively.

Sader87
November 3rd, 2018, 10:22 PM
Congrats to Colgate but what a strange season....8-0 but they really have not played against a good football team all year.

ngineer
November 3rd, 2018, 10:54 PM
I was at Goodman today, and you could see and sense an increase in intensity and attitude. Supposedly, Brags gave a very 'from the heart' kind of talk to the team and considering he is a man of very few words, it may have meant something to more people. Still a lot of mistakes made out there, which goes to show how bad Bucknell is as a team. Lehigh's skill guys got to show some stuff today and Brags was getting his creases with nice gashes and some long dashes. If they can translate this into some real focus, they may be able to give Colgate a decent game. No expectations of a win, but if they score some TDs and keep within two TDs I'd feel that a corner had been turned.

Side note: I thought it interesting that AD Sterrett was down on the sideline toward the field house end for a good chunk of the game.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 4th, 2018, 12:20 AM
Prediction: The sun will come up in the morning and the game of football will not be broken by the display at Murray Goodman this weekend

Nice to be right about something for a change :)

DFW HOYA
November 4th, 2018, 12:24 AM
Nice to be right about something for a change :)

Maybe I was a week early with that prediction on a Lehigh win.

Meanwhile, with Georgetown on a bye week, I happened to visit the least exciting game in major college football: 0-8 UTEP vs. 1-8 Rice. Mehtinks the Owls need a guarantee game against a Patriot League school their own size.

Lots of seats always available. Once sat 72,400, now 46,000.

https://riceowls.com/images/2018/8/8/20180807_rice_stadium_aerial_martin.jpg

CFBfan
November 4th, 2018, 06:20 AM
Congrats! Clearly the best team this year! It all comes down the playoffs now! The league title was pretty much a foregone conclusion since September.

Lafayette's loss today also means the Raiders will be only team in the PL with a winning record for a second straight year! And we've reached a new low... xlolx. Up to Colgate to earn some respectability for themselves and the league!

Gate can earn respect for Gate bot not for the league, even if Gate goes deep, in fact even if they are National Champs (they won't be) the league at large still SUX

TheValleyRaider
November 4th, 2018, 11:28 AM
There is some benefit to the League if Colgate does well. If we get hammered in the opening round, that will make the rest of the League look even worse nationally (if you can imagine). Nothing positive that Colgate does in the playoffs will really help the PL, but a bad performance will solidify the idea that we are some kind of FCS underclass.

National reputations, for conferences like ours, are extremely fickle.

The fact that everyone else has been brutally bad so far this season is hurting our national resume, and every little bit helps in the long term.

RichH2
November 4th, 2018, 11:38 AM
There is some benefit to the League if Colgate does well. If we get hammered in the opening round, that will make the rest of the League look even worse nationally (if you can imagine). Nothing positive that Colgate does in the playoffs will really help the PL, but a bad performance will solidify the idea that we are some kind of FCS underclass.

National reputations, for conferences like ours, are extremely fickle.

The fact that everyone else has been brutally bad so far this season is hurting our national resume, and every little bit helps in the long term.

I agree. Nothing can erase this PL season. A good performance by Gate will show us, if not anyone else, that it can be done. Unfortunately, it may also show our Presidents that hope thereby militating against any action by the Council. In any event I hope Raiders do well. They have earned it.

Go...gate
November 4th, 2018, 08:15 PM
Lehigh definitely looks like they are playing their best game of the season.

Yes. Just in time to host the Red Raiders!

Go...gate
November 4th, 2018, 08:17 PM
Maybe I was a week early with that prediction on a Lehigh win.

Meanwhile, with Georgetown on a bye week, I happened to visit the least exciting game in major college football: 0-8 UTEP vs. 1-8 Rice. Mehtinks the Owls need a guarantee game against a Patriot League school their own size.

Lots of seats always available. Once sat 72,400, now 46,000.

https://riceowls.com/images/2018/8/8/20180807_rice_stadium_aerial_martin.jpg

I am old enough to remember when the Houston Oilers played there. Later, Rice Stadium hosted Super Bowl VIII.