PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 9

superman7515
October 27th, 2018, 09:31 PM
With the McNeese/Central Arkansas game wrapping up, all of the games on the spreadsheet are completed today. A few recaps that still haven't been written so I can link them, but all the results are in.

One side note this week: I highlighted Incarnate Word in yellow after today's loss. They can still get to 8 D1 wins this year, but that final game against Iowa State is set for December 1, and from everything I can find, there is nothing that has been publicly disclosed saying the UIW can get out of the game if they make the playoffs. Perhaps UIW can, but Iowa State may need that game to get bowl eligible, so I am not sure they will be able to get out of that game in order to participate, regardless of how they perform going forward.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15v8AVSf47IO1UZRQ6qE5gHJCLAVGK3nEZdRF2s1IfTI/edit?usp=sharing

As always, if you notice any errors, please send me a message, and as long as you see *** in the header of a few of the columns, those are the rankings for last week and have not been updated.

World
October 27th, 2018, 09:43 PM
Well thanks

looks looks like Colgate is looking at a 11th to 12th ranking and Princeton a 13th to 15th ranking on the next AGS poll

BEAR
October 27th, 2018, 09:47 PM
Thanks for this. No idea how voters will look at UCA after tonight. xlolx

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
October 27th, 2018, 09:53 PM
I am already looking forward to that Stony Brook - Delaware game in 2 weeks. That's going to be brutal.

BisonTru
October 27th, 2018, 10:06 PM
Colgate allowed 36 yards TOTAL. I know the Patriot league is garbage, but Colgate is doing everything they can with their weak schedule. IMO, they deserve a seed regardless of how they do against Army.

PantherRob82
October 27th, 2018, 10:10 PM
With the McNeese/Central Arkansas game wrapping up, all of the games on the spreadsheet are completed today. A few recaps that still haven't been written so I can link them, but all the results are in.

One side note this week: I highlighted Incarnate Word in yellow after today's loss. They can still get to 8 D1 wins this year, but that final game against Iowa State is set for December 1, and from everything I can find, there is nothing that has been publicly disclosed saying the UIW can get out of the game if they make the playoffs. Perhaps UIW can, but Iowa State may need that game to get bowl eligible, so I am not sure they will be able to get out of that game in order to participate, regardless of how they perform going forward.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15v8AVSf47IO1UZRQ6qE5gHJCLAVGK3nEZdRF2s1IfTI/edit?usp=sharing

As always, if you notice any errors, please send me a message, and as long as you see *** in the header of a few of the columns, those are the rankings for last week and have not been updated.

When Iowa State announced the game it was with the caveat that if Iowa state was in the Big 12 Championship or Incarnate Word was in the playoffs then the game would not be played

Serpentor
October 27th, 2018, 10:17 PM
The Sam House State Bearkats win. xlolx

JSUSoutherner
October 27th, 2018, 10:31 PM
Colgate allowed 36 yards TOTAL. I know the Patriot league is garbage, but Colgate is doing everything they can with their weak schedule. IMO, they deserve a seed regardless of how they do against Army.

Colgate has only given up 6 total points in their last six games. 4 shutouts.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 27th, 2018, 10:44 PM
I am already looking forward to that Stony Brook - Delaware game in 2 weeks. That's going to be brutal.

That one scares me a bit, but today we discovered our QB can actually pass, so we're on the upswing.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 27th, 2018, 11:32 PM
Colgate has only given up 6 total points in their last six games. 4 shutouts.

I like that you guys are noticing some of that stuff for sure. Colgate is just manhandling teams and I know they are not the cream of the crop but damn the way they are shutting things down is impressive as hell.

If they keep it up I also think they are probably worthy of a seed but we'll have to see who else is in the running I guess.

Some of you voters that have been overlooking Idaho State, knock it off. They deserve your attention.xnodx

World
October 27th, 2018, 11:56 PM
I like that you guys are noticing some of that stuff for sure. Colgate is just manhandling teams and I know they are not the cream of the crop but damn the way they are shutting things down is impressive as hell.

If they keep it up I also think they are probably worthy of a seed but we'll have to see who else is in the running I guess.

Some of you voters that have been overlooking Idaho State, knock it off. They deserve your attention.xnodx

agree on the Colgate stuff

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2018, 12:05 AM

*because Ivy League. But obviously not Idaho State. Because Ivy League.

Moron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World
October 28th, 2018, 12:43 AM
*because Ivy League. But obviously not Idaho State. Because Ivy League.

Moron

You dumb MF, its because I don't know much about Idaho State

You seriously have to stop these attacks

Besides, you really have to be some kind of "Moron" not to know that Colgate is NOT an Ivy League school

ursus arctos horribilis
October 28th, 2018, 12:44 AM

It probably feels good to only be 1/2 wrong then.:D

ursus arctos horribilis
October 28th, 2018, 12:46 AM
Holy smokes, I thought we were having some fun.

World
October 28th, 2018, 12:49 AM
It probably feels good to only be 1/2 wrong then.:D

Huh?

because I agree on one point doesn't mean that disagree on the other

just no comment on the other because I don't know much about Idaho State

ursus arctos horribilis
October 28th, 2018, 12:52 AM
Huh?

It was not meant to be taken seriously as I tried to go to an extra length with the green smiley to show. It was meant in fun so please take it that way.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 28th, 2018, 12:58 AM
Huh?

Idaho State has done pretty damn well against a pretty tough schedule. They are a legit playoff team from the looks of it at this point. They damn sure ought to be on people's ballots this week if they left them off again last week which a fair number did.

Portland State
Cal Poly
then Weber to end the season. They should easily go 2-1 and a very good chance to go 3-0 as they seem to have the tools to take apart Weber. Not easy but real possible in my mind.

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2018, 01:10 AM

Besides, you really have to be some kind of "Moron" not to know that Colgate is NOT an Ivy League school

Then how can you make your blanket statements about how unbelievably amazing Ivy players are and Ivy teams are if you can’t even keep pace with teams that are quite legitimately top 25 teams, or at minimum top 35?

I’m also aware that much of your Colgate love has to do with the crossover of the PL and Ivy leagues. Don’t try to play me as FCS dumb champ.

World
October 28th, 2018, 01:36 AM
Then how can you make your blanket statements about how unbelievably amazing Ivy players are and Ivy teams are if you can’t even keep pace with teams that are quite legitimately top 25 teams, or at minimum top 35?

I’m also aware that much of your Colgate love has to do with the crossover of the PL and Ivy leagues. Don’t try to play me as FCS dumb champ.

You dumb MF, shouldn't you be playing out in the corn fields with your cousins or something instead of attacking anyone from the Ivy leagues?

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2018, 01:42 AM
You dumb MF, shouldn't you be playing out in the corn fields with your cousins or something instead of attacking anyone from the Ivy leagues?

Sick comeback. Funny thing is the stories I have from playing out in an Ivy campus....

ursus arctos horribilis
October 28th, 2018, 01:44 AM

I suggest you peel it back a touch.

World
October 28th, 2018, 01:48 AM

huh?

So I take it that you missed this attack from this Inbred out of no where for simply agreeing with you on your Colgate comment?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?216455-AGS-Top-25-How-They-Fared-Week-9&p=2698889&viewfull=1#post2698889

NDSUtk
October 28th, 2018, 02:01 AM
huh?

So I take it that you missed this attack from this Inbred out of no where for simply agreeing with you on your Colgate comment?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?216455-AGS-Top-25-How-They-Fared-Week-9&p=2698889&viewfull=1#post2698889There's giving **** back once, and then there's continuing to do it even when not further provoked. The former is acceptable; the latter is not. So drop the name calling and the personal attacks (not related to football at all) after your first post and you would be fine.

Lorne_Malvo
October 28th, 2018, 02:25 AM

Like I said in the other thread. Hostile around here lately.

World
October 28th, 2018, 04:50 AM
There's giving **** back once, and then there's continuing to do it even when not further provoked. The former is acceptable; the latter is not. So drop the name calling and the personal attacks (not related to football at all) after your first post and you would be fine.

So....

I take it that it is ok for this Inbred out of no where to unilaterally call someone a "Moron" for simply agreeing with another poster on his positive Colgate comment?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/show...=1#post2698889 (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?216455-AGS-Top-25-How-They-Fared-Week-9&p=2698889&viewfull=1#post2698889)

Ivytalk
October 28th, 2018, 05:20 AM
You did your usual outstanding job, Supe! Thanks.

MR. CHICKEN
October 28th, 2018, 08:19 AM
.....IT'S GETTIN' HOT...'N....HERE......SO TAKE OFF.....ALL YER..........xhandshakex......BRAWK!

BisonBacker
October 28th, 2018, 08:26 AM

I'll give you Idaho State for sure but Colgate? Can't see them getting a seed.

WestCoastAggie
October 28th, 2018, 08:45 AM

The committee doesn't care as much about SOS as the computer rankings or many AGS.com fans for that matter. Colgate's a seed regardless of what they do against Army.

BisonBacker
October 28th, 2018, 08:48 AM
The committee doesn't care as much about SOS as the computer rankings or many AGS.com fans for that matter. Colgate's a seed regardless of what they do against Army.

And money will be they'll be an early exit in the playoffs and it won't be pretty.

Schism55
October 28th, 2018, 09:01 AM
That is an insult to garbage.
Not sure there is an appropriate term invented to describe the absolute morass of dog**** the PL is this season...

WestCoastAggie
October 28th, 2018, 09:07 AM
That is an insult to garbage.
Not sure there is an appropriate term invented to describe the absolute morass of dog**** the PL is this season...

It's not their fault their league associates are wetting the bed. Their style points and passing of the eye test will be strongly considered, just as the undefeated Ivies are getting major love from the computers.

BisonBacker
October 28th, 2018, 09:18 AM
It's not their fault their league associates are wetting the bed. Their style points and passing of the eye test will be strongly considered, just as the undefeated Ivies are getting major love from the computers.

Computers don't play the game xlolx

caribbeanhen
October 28th, 2018, 09:20 AM

2 teams in the Ivy pass the eye test, not sure when they turned the corner but Princeton and Dartmouth look Top 10 good this year

WestCoastAggie
October 28th, 2018, 09:23 AM
Computers don't play the game xlolx

Tell that to your MVFC bros on here.

BisonBacker
October 28th, 2018, 09:28 AM
Tell that to your MVFC bros on here.
I'm telling you. You're the one who brought up the computers xlolx

katss07
October 28th, 2018, 09:31 AM
And money will be they'll be an early exit in the playoffs and it won't be pretty.
Not so fast, my friend! I have a feeling the winner of NEC Champ at UNH will have to play Colgate in round 2. Very winnable game for the Raiders.

Schism55
October 28th, 2018, 09:34 AM
Not so fast, my friend! I have a feeling the winner of NEC Champ at UNH will have to play Colgate in round 2. Very winnable game for the Raiders.
Sadly you are right..but first CAA/Big Sky/MVFC team they run into they get boat raced

BisonBacker
Sadly you are right..but first CAA/Big Sky/MVFC team they run into they get boat raced

Bingo!

Cocky
Would love to see the 17 teams who can beat Towson.

NDSUtk
October 28th, 2018, 09:35 AM
So....

I take it that it is ok for this Inbred out of no where to unilaterally call someone a "Moron" for simply agreeing with another poster on his positive Colgate comment?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/show...=1#post2698889 (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?216455-AGS-Top-25-How-They-Fared-Week-9&p=2698889&viewfull=1#post2698889)See, you keep going on with the name calling. That's why Ursus told you to turn it down. Yes thumper called you a moron. You've now made at least 4: posts calling him an inbred or stupid MF. That's called an overkill response. Thumper even responded directly to you without any name-calling, so you responded to that with more name-calling. Honestly, he called you a moron which is about as soft as an insult there is when you consider it was in football context - he thinks you're making a bad (moronic) football decision. And you go over the too insulting his family and continuing on and on in every post back to him.

If you can't see that is why you're getting a warning, you're beyond help and I'll just let you crash and burn and keep going off until Ursus mutes you. I was merely attempting to assist you.

JSUSoutherner
October 28th, 2018, 10:27 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Colgate in the quarterfinals this year.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2018, 10:39 AM
Colgate will be very tough to beat if they're at home. in the playoffs The have a tremendous home field advantage later in the year. The last time they were a seed, 2003, they parlayed it into a Finals appearance. I honestly have know idea what their ceiling is this year because of the level of competition they've faced. With that said, they're dominating inferior teams which is all they can do to show their worth.

Daytripper
October 28th, 2018, 10:58 AM
I'm ranking teams by how impressive the are right now, not by some theoretical match up in the playoffs. Colgate, Princeton, Idaho St. and Dartmouth all get some love from me.

Reign of Terrier
October 28th, 2018, 10:58 AM
I think the Princeton and Dartmouth are top 15 worthy. Theres enough transitive property going on with their opponents that they are comparable to a team like Wofford

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

LehighU11
October 28th, 2018, 11:09 AM
Yes, the Patriot League as a whole is a mess. However, the League has historically fared well in the playoffs when it sends a quality champion in Colgate or Lehigh. See Colgate 2003 (runner-up), Lehigh 2011 (QF), and Colgate 2015 (QF). The 2015 Colgate team wasn't that great, going 7-4 with a 1-4 OOC record during the regular season. They then beat UNH and JMU on the road to reach the quarterfinals.

This year's Colgate team is significantly better than the 2015 squad. They've allowed just 6 points since week 1, and have outscored opponents 198-23 on the season. This is not a one dimensional PL champ like Fordham (2014) or Lehigh (2016, 2017), or a fluke champion like Lafayette (2013). 'gate can play on both sides of the ball.

Last year's controversial loss to Lehigh cost them an outright PL title and playoff appearance, so 'gate has some added motivation this season. While a trip to the semifinals or championship is not expected, I'd be surprised if they exit early with a poor showing.

PantherRob82
October 28th, 2018, 11:41 AM
Unless they don't...

Second Round
James Madison
W 44–38

katss07
October 28th, 2018, 11:46 AM
If Colgate gets a decent draw, I could see them in the semis. A bad draw and they are out in round 2.

I like their chances against an NEC Champ, a Joe Carbon led SBU team or a Monmouth that sneaks in again. I don’t like their chances against a Tom Flacco led Towson, a strong defensive team like Maine or an MVFC team that makes the trip east.

Go Green
October 28th, 2018, 11:47 AM
Well thanks

looks looks like Colgate is looking at a 11th to 12th ranking and Princeton a 13th to 15th ranking on the next AGS poll

So Dartmouth can expect to be around 13-15 next week?

World
October 28th, 2018, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Colgate in the quarterfinals this year.

agree

World
October 28th, 2018, 11:53 AM
Colgate will be very tough to beat if they're at home. in the playoffs The have a tremendous home field advantage later in the year. The last time they were a seed, 2003, they parlayed it into a Finals appearance. I honestly have know idea what their ceiling is this year because of the level of competition they've faced. With that said, they're dominating inferior teams which is all they can do to show their worth.

well said

World
October 28th, 2018, 11:56 AM
So Dartmouth can expect to be around 13-15 next week?

The winner of the undefeateds Princeton and Dartmouth game next week will probably be in the 10th to 12th range, particularly if it is one-side

Kramden
October 28th, 2018, 12:01 PM
I actually think Colgate's success or lack of success in the Playoffs will be on how well their offense does. They haven't been tested to put the ball in the end zone when needed and don't appear to have as explosive an offense or potent an offensive line as some previous top Colgate teams. That said, if fortunate enough to get a home game, it is an advantage as it was in 2003 when playing in the snow against UMass and Western Illinois.

KPSUL
October 28th, 2018, 12:26 PM

Two negatives in the same sentence, so I guess neither of you are a moron.

kalm
October 28th, 2018, 12:39 PM
I actually think Colgate's success or lack of success in the Playoffs will be on how well their offense does. They haven't been tested to put the ball in the end zone when needed and don't appear to have as explosive an offense or potent an offensive line as some previous top Colgate teams. That said, if fortunate enough to get a home game, it is an advantage as it was in 2003 when playing in the snow against UMass and Western Illinois.

Good points.

Derby City Duke
October 28th, 2018, 12:51 PM
Unless they don't...

Second Round
James Madison
W 44–38

yeah, that's when we had that defensive genius, Everett "Party in our End Zone" Withers in charge. Divided locker room because Defense was optional and our defense opted to not carry its weight.

Reign of Terrier
October 28th, 2018, 01:10 PM
The way I look at the Patriot league, unlike other leagues where there are reduced scholarships or so-so competition (on the top of my head, NEC, Pioneer, MEAC, Big South, OVC) is that their league champ usually has a higher floor than these conference, but they usually have a lower ceiling compared to the leagues that have had full-time scholarships.

Put another way, the Patriot is usually better than the Pioneer and NEC and maybe even the MEAC *on average,* but compared to the Big South or OVC, they're less likely to make a run. That's not to say runs don't happen (they do, in fact I think the Patriot has put together more runs in the last 15 years than the OVC has), but that it's less likely to happen.

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2018, 01:50 PM
See, you keep going on with the name calling. That's why Ursus told you to turn it down. Yes thumper called you a moron. You've now made at least 4: posts calling him an inbred or stupid MF. That's called an overkill response. Thumper even responded directly to you without any name-calling, so you responded to that with more name-calling. Honestly, he called you a moron which is about as soft as an insult there is when you consider it was in football context - he thinks you're making a bad (moronic) football decision. And you go over the too insulting his family and continuing on and on in every post back to him.

If you can't see that is why you're getting a warning, you're beyond help and I'll just let you crash and burn and keep going off until Ursus mutes you. I was merely attempting to assist you.

You’re right about the moron pet. I call people that all the time. Hell I call my friends that more than anyone. Guess when he’s l ten ply it entitles him to project his fantasy about some cousin onto me though. Oh well, he can throw his little tantrum all he wants for all I care.

World
October 28th, 2018, 02:51 PM
You’re right about the moron pet. I call people that all the time. Hell I call my friends that more than anyone. Guess when he’s l ten ply it entitles him to project his fantasy about some cousin onto me though. Oh well, he can throw his little tantrum all he wants for all I care.

Not surprised that a MF Inbred admits that he calls everyone a Moron.

Say, done any cousins lately?

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2018, 03:00 PM
I’m pretty sure this is the wrong website for you to be exploring your fetish’s.

Catatonic
October 28th, 2018, 03:03 PM
I'm ranking teams by how impressive the are right now, not by some theoretical match up in the playoffs. Colgate, Princeton, Idaho St. and Dartmouth all get some love from me.

me, too.

World
October 28th, 2018, 03:06 PM
I’m pretty sure this is the wrong website for you to be exploring your fetish’s.

So says some MF Inbred whose parents are also his aunt and uncle

JSUSoutherner
October 28th, 2018, 03:06 PM

At least his team is relevant.

caribbeanhen
October 28th, 2018, 03:08 PM
Hey Dad what are you reading

AGS

let me see

ah no that’s ok, you don’t like football remember

JSUSoutherner
October 28th, 2018, 03:09 PM

AGS

let me see

Some quality content on AGS lately.

kalm
October 28th, 2018, 03:13 PM
At least his team is relevant.

This. xlolx

The lack of recognition that turning to insults (especially uninventive, cliched ones) is a sign of surrender in an argument is just another indication of how the Ivy League is overrated.

Also...he capitalized "inbreds" a few posts up.

Public school educations FTW!

Schism55
October 28th, 2018, 03:17 PM
Ummm banhammer inc??

cx500d
October 28th, 2018, 04:09 PM

Btw, you are a moron

cx500d
October 28th, 2018, 04:11 PM

Well done picking up on his South Dakota tendencies, however you are a moron also. IFF you really did go to an ivy, it must be a quality spread thing

grizband
October 28th, 2018, 04:15 PM
Ummm banhammer inc??
Don't get band.

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2018, 04:21 PM
I go away to Wales for a few days and I miss one of the bigger ****shows in awhile.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

BisonBacker
October 28th, 2018, 05:08 PM
xpopcornx

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2018, 05:25 PM
So says some MF Inbred whose parents are also his aunt and uncle

So apparently that Ivy League education is so damn good you don’t know that inbred isn’t a proper noun?

World
October 28th, 2018, 05:33 PM
So apparently that Ivy League education is so damn good you don’t know that inbred isn’t a proper noun?

ha!, so the M***F*** inbred that calls everyone a moron, is now bitching about grammar on a sports message board?

It is getting late today. Shouldn't you be doing some more cousins before it gets dark?

Professor Chaos
October 28th, 2018, 05:39 PM
I go away to Wales for a few days and I miss one of the bigger ****shows in awhile.

You ain't seen nothing yet. ;)

If MTFan4Life has correctly associated World's alter ego this has potential to get a whoooooole lot better. There haven't even been any lawsuits threatened yet.

For a taste (sadly all of TheFan's posts appear to have been removed from the forum - but luckily some of the glorious insanity was preserved in the form of quoted posts!) see here: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?101313-Montana-vs-NDSU&p=1732799&highlight=thefan#post1732799

And here: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?101313-Montana-vs-NDSU&p=1733170&viewfull=1#post1733170

dewey
October 28th, 2018, 05:39 PM
Would you guys knock it off. This is a FCS discussion thread.

Dewey

BisonBacker
October 28th, 2018, 05:43 PM
I need more Popcorn

xpopcornxxpopcornxxpopcornx

Iridebikes
October 28th, 2018, 05:52 PM
Would you guys knock it off. This is a FCS discussion thread.

Dewey
I'd like to second your sentiments!!!!

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2018, 06:04 PM

If MTFan4Life has correctly associated World's alter ego this has potential to get a whoooooole lot better. There haven't even been any lawsuits threatened yet.

For a taste (sadly all of TheFan's posts appear to have been removed from the forum - but luckily some of the glorious insanity was preserved in the form of quoted posts!) see here: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?101313-Montana-vs-NDSU&p=1732799&highlight=thefan#post1732799

And here: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?101313-Montana-vs-NDSU&p=1733170&viewfull=1#post1733170I think the last "major one(s)" I at least remember, not necessarily signed up for, was the whole "no cops" or Nickels getting feisty about meeting at a street corner.

TheKingpin28
October 28th, 2018, 06:06 PM

And here: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?101313-Montana-vs-NDSU&p=1733170&viewfull=1#post1733170That's some funny **** though. Based off of what I read, it sounds like the same poster.

Thumper 76
October 28th, 2018, 06:19 PM
Hey everybody, let’s stop pissing all over an important thread to the polls. FCS Discussion Thread Drift Diversion Project
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=31927&share_tid=207935&share_pid=2699313&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eanygivensaturday%2Ecom%2Fsh owpost%2Ephp%3Fp%3D2699313&share_type=t

ursus arctos horribilis
October 28th, 2018, 08:38 PM
huh?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?216455-AGS-Top-25-How-They-Fared-Week-9&p=2698889&viewfull=1#post2698889

I did not miss it. I caught it and your repeated hurt feelings for the first comment he made and your attempts to escalate something that didn't need to be taken to 10 over what he said. I know who you are. You did this same thing before. I am not asking you. I am not debating you. Cool your **** or I'll erase you from here again. I am willing to give a guy a second chance and look the other way if he changes his way so heed this good advice and do so now or you'll be reading this board as a non member going forward.

Please pay special attention to the part where I mentioned this is not a debate and that it is over.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 28th, 2018, 08:42 PM
Like I said in the other thread. Hostile around here lately.

Yes, I've missed a lot of what he is doing apparently and if it is wrecking other stuff on the FCS board then it's time to fix things up a bit maybe. It does happen every year about this time and then again in June, July, etc. but if it is gonna stay high heat all the time it is time to change the look of the place cuz I'm a bit tired of the hostility. Everywhere.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 28th, 2018, 08:45 PM

I don't know BB I think by the end their look might be as strong as anyone else' for the last couple spots. I just think they are doing enough to catch the eye of the committee and I couldn't really argue against it too much...but I'm willing to listen to those arguments still.

World
October 28th, 2018, 08:47 PM
I don't know BB I think by the end their look might be as strong as anyone else' for the last couple spots. I just think they are doing enough to catch the eye of the committee and I couldn't really argue against it too much...but I'm willing to listen to those arguments still.

That scoreless streak against Colgate's defense is a pretty powerful statement

Colgate has not allowed a TD since the first game of the season

Kramden
October 28th, 2018, 08:56 PM
If no poll has them in the top 8, why would they get a seed?

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2018, 08:59 PM

Same reason why NCAA Tournament seeds rarely, if ever, reflect the Top 25.

Kramden
October 28th, 2018, 09:04 PM
Maybe I'm just naive, but why do folks get so wrapped up over the rankings then?

ursus arctos horribilis
October 28th, 2018, 09:07 PM

AGS

let me see

Exactly the point I've tried to make a few times and we all let it slide a bit into gutter once in a while but we all know there are some boundaries on the FCS (public) boards around here.

But to have to sift through trash like this on a thread that supey puts good hard work into for the poll voters is above disrespectful to me and Thumper you should also lay back and be a decent guy that is not agitating as well.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 28th, 2018, 09:16 PM

No poll has them there yet. No poll matters one bit to the selection committee either. They don't use any outside polls to select teams. I bet if things keep going the way they are then it seems like Colgate has a decent shot to me.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 28th, 2018, 09:18 PM
Maybe I'm just naive, but why do folks get so wrapped up over the rankings then?
We love arguing minutia. I mean we really love it.

POD Knows
October 28th, 2018, 09:29 PM
No way a PL team gets a seed, no way. #BOOKIT

Congrats on the future seed Colgate.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2018, 09:45 PM

I so want December football in Hamilton, NY! The place is literally the "Frozen Tundra" of the Northeast USA. I'm not sure if there's a more inhospitable FCS location in the Northeast (including Maine and Dartmouth). Between the bitter cold and the lake effect snow machine that starts churning in 3-4 weeks it's a party!

1st round game against UMass
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BaKjOcLIUAA9fdJ.jpg

Quarterfinal against Western Illinois
https://gocolgateraiders.com/images/2013/12/11/Jamaal_Branch_in_snow_v_WIU.jpg

70MilesFromCanada
October 28th, 2018, 10:19 PM
For you old timers... when was the last time an independent got in the playoffs and has an independent ever been seeded?

I am in no way suggesting UND should be seeded. I do think they could end up 7-4 or 8-3 however.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2018, 10:22 PM
For you old timers... when was the last time an independent got in the playoffs and has an independent ever been seeded?

I am in no way suggesting UND should be seeded. I do think they could end up 7-4 or 8-3 however.

I'm pretty sure Hofstra made it as an indy in 1999 (played Lehigh) before seeds. I don't think there's been an indy during the seed era.

Reign of Terrier
October 28th, 2018, 10:30 PM
If we gave irrate ivy fans the same recognition the FCS playoffs does we would have less problems.

Could sworn AGS banned IPs, not just emails/avatars

ursus arctos horribilis
October 28th, 2018, 10:33 PM

Not too long ago cuz I think it was mentioned last week or the week before on The FCS Wedge by Lance that ODU did it and they were in basically the same position as UND with the CAA. I don't know if they were seeded.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 28th, 2018, 10:34 PM
Cal Poly was not a true Indy but the GWFC didn't have a bid so basically the same position too.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2018, 10:36 PM
Not too long ago cuz I think it was mentioned last week or the week before on The FCS Wedge by Lance that ODU did it and they were in basically the same position as UND with the CAA. I don't know if they were seeded.

Fordham was basically in the same boat in 2013. They were part of the PL from a scheduling standpoint but otherwise acted on their own accord. The only way into the playoffs was via an at-large which they earned.

I know Hofstra was a 100% genuine Indy when they made it.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 28th, 2018, 10:37 PM
If we gave irrate ivy fans the same recognition the FCS playoffs does we would have less problems.

Could sworn AGS banned IPs, not just emails/avatars

I can ban IP's. I do it as a last resort and usually have a fair amount of fun on my way to that end but if someone can pull it back when given the chance after a direction is given then it all goes by the wayside pretty easily. But we should leave this one be and stop doing further damage here to this thread. In a few pages we'll be beyond this mess.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 28th, 2018, 10:39 PM

Gave me a good chuckle with that last line.

TheValleyRaider
October 28th, 2018, 11:07 PM
I so want December football in Hamilton, NY! The place is literally the "Frozen Tundra" of the Northeast USA. I'm not sure if there's a more inhospitable FCS location in the Northeast (including Maine and Dartmouth). Between the bitter cold and the lake effect snow machine that starts churning in 3-4 weeks it's a party!

Owl's making me all nostalgic now xrotatehx

Probably won't be quite as difficult in terms of field conditions this year. Went to artificial turf about 10 years ago, as opposed to those pictures, which was a grass field. Well, it used to be, but by then it was frozen mud.

cx500d
October 29th, 2018, 07:05 AM

There’s no reason why und couldn’t be seeded except for their record.

F'N Hawks
October 29th, 2018, 08:36 AM
There’s no reason why und couldn’t be seeded except for their record.

SEED? SEEEEDDDD? We're just trying to win a game.

POD Knows
October 29th, 2018, 08:52 AM
SEED? SEEEEDDDD? We're just trying to win a game.You will win your last three, should be a cakewalk, #BOOKIT. I think I will drop some money on you guys, is there such a thing as a trifecta bet for the remaining 3 UND games? :)

TheKingpin28
October 29th, 2018, 09:04 AM
You will win your last three, should be a cakewalk, #BOOKIT. I think I will drop some money on you guys, is there such a thing as a trifecta bet for the remaining 3 UND games? :)I knew there was a reason why I liked you. xthumbsupx

TheKingpin28
October 29th, 2018, 09:08 AM
So I'm sitting here on the train headed for London and the game at Wembley tonight for Tottenham vs Man City wondering where the poll results thread is and I completely forgot about the time difference. This is really throwing me off.

Lorne_Malvo
October 29th, 2018, 09:52 AM
NDSU ranked #22 on Sagarin. Crazy.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

SochorField
October 29th, 2018, 11:45 AM
Cal Poly was not a true Indy but the GWFC didn't have a bid so basically the same position too.

Man, that Great West Football Conference coulda really been something special. In the end, the MVFC and Big Sky got lots better because of it.

I know it was pretty much meant to be a temporary fix, but that was a great lineup.

North Dakota State (until '07)
South Dakota State (until '07)
Cal Poly
UC Davis
Southern Utah
South Dakota (joined '08)
North Dakota (joined '08)

SochorField
October 29th, 2018, 11:47 AM
NDSU ranked #22 on Sagarin. Crazy.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

This is why I have major issues with NDSU being ranked #1