PDA

View Full Version : ESPN

apaladin
October 27th, 2018, 01:37 PM
Have you noticed the last couple of weeks that ESPN channels have stopped giving FCS scores in the bottom line. Kinda sad if you ask me.

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2018, 01:38 PM
Have you noticed the last couple of weeks that ESPN channels have stopped giving FCS scores in the bottom line. Kinda sad if you ask me.

I watch FS1 and use the FoxSports app. That’s a bummer though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2018, 01:40 PM
I also noticed some FCS games, such as Ivy games, are now behind a WatchESPN paywall... no thanks.

JayJ79
October 27th, 2018, 04:22 PM
in this era where just about everyone has internet access on their phones, I don't know why someone would sit and watch the ticker on ESPN to get a score. You end up having to wait half an hour to see the one you want.

Thumper 76
October 27th, 2018, 04:50 PM
in this era where just about everyone has internet access on their phones, I don't know why someone would sit and watch the ticker on ESPN to get a score. You end up having to wait half an hour to see the one you want.

This is true

bonarae
October 27th, 2018, 06:46 PM
I prefer STATS better now.... but they are sometimes late.

hebmskebm
October 27th, 2018, 06:53 PM
At least they made FCS team names clickable links on their scoreboard page again, after inexplicably making them unclickable for the past few years.

World
October 28th, 2018, 05:28 PM
I also noticed some FCS games, such as Ivy games, are now behind a WatchESPN paywall... no thanks.

WatchESPN is now ESPN+

The Ivy League Network has been merged into ESPN+

so this season, ALL Ivy League football games, and many of the other sports, are available on ESPN+

CHIP72
October 28th, 2018, 07:58 PM
WatchESPN is now ESPN+

The Ivy League Network has been merged into ESPN+

so this season, ALL Ivy League football games, and many of the other sports, are available on ESPN+

This isn't exactly true; WatchESPN includes both ESPN+ (pay stream) games and ESPN3 (free stream) games.

Bisonoline
October 28th, 2018, 08:55 PM
This isn't exactly true; WatchESPN includes both ESPN+ (pay stream) games and ESPN3 (free stream) games.

Plus ESPN Extra which was on the 690 Directv channels are no more also. But with ESPN + for 50.00 a year there arent too many games that arent available for viewing. They will also have replays of most of the games as well.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2018, 09:34 PM

You'd be surprised. I work at a high-end private club whose members have all the latest cell phones. Yet they rather call me ALL THE TIME to find out what the weather is like/going to be like. "What does the radar look like up there?"...are you f'ing kidding me?!?!

JayJ79
October 28th, 2018, 09:40 PM
But with ESPN + for 50.00 a year there arent too many games that arent available for viewing.
Even less if there are more then 3 months out of the year where you aren't likely to watch any events. If you only really follow football, then spending $20-25 to subscribe for 4-5 months, and you have access to all sorts of games.

footballer23
October 28th, 2018, 10:10 PM
Plus ESPN Extra which was on the 690 Directv channels are no more also. But with ESPN + for 50.00 a year there arent too many games that arent available for viewing. They will also have replays of most of the games as well.

ESPN College Extra is still there... channels 788+. However, they only put ESPN3 content on there... not the ESPN+ content, so it's pretty watered down with D2 & D3 football. I have been told that the FCS playoffs will be on ESPN3 and not ESPN+, so they should still be on College Extra on Directv.

cx500d
October 29th, 2018, 06:55 AM
You'd be surprised. I work at a high-end private club whose members have all the latest cell phones. Yet they rather call me ALL THE TIME to find out what the weather is like/going to be like. "What does the radar look like up there?"...are you f'ing kidding me?!?!

How much does the lap dances at your club cost?

POD Knows
October 29th, 2018, 07:53 AM
This isn't exactly true; WatchESPN includes both ESPN+ (pay stream) games and ESPN3 (free stream) games.I have the "paid" for ESPN+ subscription and watch the games via ESPN/ROKU. I can watch all of the games that are on ESPN+ but don't even have visibility to the ESPN3 games. It is weird, I have to watch the ESPN3 games on my laptop via my cable provider log on for that.

woffordgrad94
October 29th, 2018, 08:52 AM
How much does the lap dances at your club cost?

Maybe Platinum Plus in Allentown? I’ve been there a couple of times...

wcugrad95
October 29th, 2018, 08:58 AM
I have the "paid" for ESPN+ subscription and watch the games via ESPN/ROKU. I can watch all of the games that are on ESPN+ but don't even have visibility to the ESPN3 games. It is weird, I have to watch the ESPN3 games on my laptop via my cable provider log on for that.

I have a similar setup, and I can switch between any of the ESPN channels on my ROKU. Bit of a bummer as I have to go out of the ESPN+ section and into the other channels within the app (and vice versa to get back), but I can watch what is available on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, and ESPN+ all from the ESPN app. Odd that my ESPN app and ROKU setup would be different than yours???

POD Knows
October 29th, 2018, 09:16 AM
I have a similar setup, and I can switch between any of the ESPN channels on my ROKU. Bit of a bummer as I have to go out of the ESPN+ section and into the other channels within the app (and vice versa to get back), but I can watch what is available on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, and ESPN+ all from the ESPN app. Odd that my ESPN app and ROKU setup would be different than yours???When I first bought the subscription, I had visibility to the the ESPN3 games but could not access them, I got tips on how to address that and now I don't even have visibility to them at all. I have been just running the game on my TV via my laptop and USB cable.

Sycamore62
October 29th, 2018, 09:18 AM
I have a similar setup, and I can switch between any of the ESPN channels on my ROKU. Bit of a bummer as I have to go out of the ESPN+ section and into the other channels within the app (and vice versa to get back), but I can watch what is available on ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, and ESPN+ all from the ESPN app. Odd that my ESPN app and ROKU setup would be different than yours???

I think I have this same setup with an Amazon firestick.

I feel like ESPN+ is obviously subscription. Any app requires a cable provider to see a game. And if you watch it on the ESPN3 website you dont need a provider. Does anyone else think this is correct. Im thinking of dumping cable but I cant decide

POD Knows
October 29th, 2018, 09:20 AM
I think I have this same setup with an Amazon firestick.

I feel like ESPN+ is obviously subscription. Any app requires a cable provider to see a game. And if you watch it on the ESPN3 website you dont need a provider. Does anyone else think this is correct. Im thinking of dumping cable but I cant decideIn order for me to watch an ESPN3 game on my laptop it requires a cable provider and log on. I actually use the log on my kid has for a cable provider up here because the cable in the town that I live in is not on the list of "approved" providers for ESPN3.

JayJ79
October 30th, 2018, 06:12 PM
I have the "paid" for ESPN+ subscription and watch the games via ESPN/ROKU. I can watch all of the games that are on ESPN+ but don't even have visibility to the ESPN3 games. It is weird, I have to watch the ESPN3 games on my laptop via my cable provider log on for that.

makes perfect sense to me. ESPN+ is paid for by you as a direct subscriber, so you can access that however you want.
ESPN3 is paid for by your cable provider, so you can only access it through your cable provider.

I actually use the log on my kid has for a cable provider up here because the cable in the town that I live in is not on the list of "approved" providers for ESPN3.That is probably actually a violation of their terms of service.

Trumpster
October 31st, 2018, 10:55 AM

I was able to add my cable provider to Roku and get ESPN3. It was a separate activation from the ESPN+ one. Under settings there should be internet provider or something like that, then go to espn.com/activate and use the code from the roku, then just sign in with "your" provider and it should work with the Roku.

I do have a new Roku though so there's a chance an older one won't work the same way.