PDA

View Full Version : The new look of GSU's Stadium

Eagle_77
July 28th, 2005, 02:48 PM
With all this talk about stadium and facility improvements I wanted to show Georgia Southerns recent improvemnts. We have not bricked up the facade of the stadium to help with the looks. Here is what it now looks like:
http://athletics.georgiasouthern.edu/PaulsonBricks/index.htm

We have also in the process of finishing a new track complex that is locatated at the Paulson stadium complex. Here is the pictures of that:
http://athletics.georgiasouthern.edu/newstadium.htm

Our baseball team finished their first season inside the baseball complex. In this link it shows you what the stadium looked like when started and the different stages up until the finished product. Here is that link:
http://athletics.georgiasouthern.edu/clements.html

Along the left field line you can see the baseball complex. Here is a link of what the inside looks like:
http://athletics.georgiasouthern.edu/wiggins.html

Other recent work done is the Iron Works which is our weightroom but that has been posted on another post.

I really like the new look of the football stadium. I think it makes it more appealing. We still have major locker room trouble at the stadium which is what I hope is the next project.

GannonFan
July 28th, 2005, 02:55 PM
I'm not sure I like the look of the bricks - it's an odd color combination with the rest of the stadium. I guess, being in Georgia, you couldn't go with hedges instead?

GSUAlumniEagle
July 28th, 2005, 03:07 PM
I'm not sure I like the look of the bricks - it's an odd color combination with the rest of the stadium. I guess, being in Georgia, you couldn't go with hedges instead?

All the anti-UGA people (myself included) would have bitched and moaned.

I share your sentiment about the bricks. It just doesn't feel right. I liked it the way it was.

Eagle_77
July 28th, 2005, 03:07 PM
No hedges where discussed but being that UGA is famous for them we did not want to identify with that. From what is being said though, there will be some sort of plants or something put in front of them.

Also there are supposed to be some other changes that may help the bricks blend in.

blueballs
July 28th, 2005, 03:13 PM
From what is being said though, there will be some sort of plants or something put in front of them.

Also there are supposed to be some other changes that may help the bricks blend in.

Lillies and burial wreaths on the visitors side, roses on the home side.

Eagle_77
July 28th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Is this a fact or a suggestion. ;)

89Hen
July 28th, 2005, 04:13 PM
I dunno, I think the bricks look pretty good. Red Georgia clay!

Cocky
July 28th, 2005, 04:18 PM
The baseball field is real nice.

gsuwinsudont
July 28th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Personally i like the bricks. The walls they covered becamed water stained and looked like crap. I think it gives the stadium a more complete look. The bricks around the scoreboard were esp. needed. For the record i dont think hedges would be such a bad idea. <dodges brick thrown by uga haters> :D

GSUBass
July 28th, 2005, 11:52 PM
they haven't completely finished w/ the brick. they are going to use a finishing stone like what they have on campus.

The color that they chose is the same as what all the new buildins on campus have. the finishing stone will be the white stone used above the windows and what not. there are going to be copper drainage spouts. having some kind of shrubbery around the field would probably look nice, but it would take away from being RIGHT UP on the opposing players.

There is a new fieldhouse in the works which will have luxury seating for up to 700 or so, and a much needed increase in offices and locker rooms. It looks real nice, we'll probably have it in 2 - 3 years. We're just procuring the funding for it now.

Grizo406
July 29th, 2005, 03:36 AM
I think the bricks look pretty good too, but what's with all those flags? ;)

Eagle_77
July 29th, 2005, 08:03 AM
they haven't completely finished w/ the brick. they are going to use a finishing stone like what they have on campus.

The color that they chose is the same as what all the new buildins on campus have. the finishing stone will be the white stone used above the windows and what not. there are going to be copper drainage spouts. having some kind of shrubbery around the field would probably look nice, but it would take away from being RIGHT UP on the opposing players.

There is a new fieldhouse in the works which will have luxury seating for up to 700 or so, and a much needed increase in offices and locker rooms. It looks real nice, we'll probably have it in 2 - 3 years. We're just procuring the funding for it now.

This field house news is new to me. Where did you get this information. Do you have a link for it? Was this info passed along the pipeline to you?

GSUBass
July 29th, 2005, 11:31 AM
yeah, the new lupton building. It's in the campaign for distinction. I went and talked to Sam Baker about it, he showed me the design for it. It's gonna look pretty nice.

MACHIAVELLI
July 30th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Oh you mean Georgia Southern U.

Baldy
July 30th, 2005, 10:50 AM
Oh you mean Georgia Southern U.

Yep, as of now, Georgia State U doesn't have a football team. We refer to them as gsu.

GSUBass
July 31st, 2005, 08:08 PM
I went and saw the stadium this weekend while I was down in the 'boro. The white finishing stone is on the brick that is facing the field. They are getting ready to brick the sides now. They also want to brick the concrete at the very top of the stands (where the section signs are)They are done bricking the scoreboard it seems. It looks prett good, no more fence.

I talked to a guy who was there about the plans for the new lupton building. The plans are to make that end a bowl and when you walk straight into the Lupton building, you'll be on the 2nd level. It's not going to be enclosed w/ seats, the bowl is going to be landscaped.

It's going to cost just over $2.5 million. If we had done it 5 years ago, drop the cost by a cool million. They guy I talked to said the boosters are in the process of asking "a donor" to make a big contribution. Who that "big donor" is I do not know.

The guy I talked to had one of those sub 100 GSU license plates, so I figured he was in the know.

Eagle_77
August 1st, 2005, 06:49 AM
Good news and thanks for the update. Let me see if I understand. There will be no seats on top of the bowl end? The fact that you say it will be a bowl means they will close in that endzone area some how. Are they just filling it in with dirt and making tunnels? And will the dirt come up to the top of the second level leaving the dressing rooms "underground"? Could you explain a little more please?