PDA

View Full Version : Furman to play Florida in 2011

nick9c
July 28th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Furman To Play Florida In 2011
Paladins To Play North Carolina In 2006, Virginia Tech In 2008

July 28, 2005

GREENVILLE, S.C. -- The Furman Paladins will play the University of Florida in football in 2011, it has been announced.

Furman, which recently added games against North Carolina for 2006 and Virginia Tech in 2008, will take on the Gators on November 19, 2011, in Gainesville.

"Scheduling a quality opponent like Florida is something we strive for every season, and we're happy to have this game in the fold," said Furman director of athletics Dr. Gary Clark.

Furman dropped a 27-3 decision to 19th-ranked Florida in 1990 in the last meeting between the two schools. The Gators lead the all-time series 6-2.

A Southern Conference consensus preseason No. 1 pick, Furman returns 13 starters off last year's squad that posted a 10-3 record, league championship, and No. 5 final national ranking.

The Paladins, who open the 2005 season on Sept. 1 at Jacksonville State, are paced by Buck Buchanan Award candidate senior linebacker William Freeman and senior quarterback Ingle Martin, a transfer from the University of Florida who threw for a school record 2,792 yards and 22 touchdowns for Furman a year ago.

ashram
July 28th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Dr. Clark is the best AD of all time.

blueballs
July 28th, 2005, 03:10 PM
I know it is still 6 long years away but if there is no GSU home game the weekend FU goes to the swamp I will be in Gainesville cheering for the *cough cough* Purps. I can't believe I wrote that, excuse me while I go puke... ;)

Seriously though, I'll be there rooting for my SoCon Brethern.

EagleCrusade
July 28th, 2005, 03:43 PM
I know it is still 6 long years away but if there is no GSU home game the weekend FU goes to the swamp I will be in Gainesville cheering for the *cough cough* Purps. I can't believe I wrote that, excuse me while I go puke... ;)

The devil called. Said its snowing and to tell you he'll see ya later, that comment obviously touched a nerve with St. Peter.

OL FU
July 28th, 2005, 04:23 PM
Pimped Again :D :D :D :D

OL FU
July 28th, 2005, 04:24 PM

I pulled for the Eagles against the Dogs xprost2x

Cocky
July 28th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Dr. Clark is the best AD of all time.

He is doing quite a good job with scheduling. The only problem I have is we probably won't get to play FU again (except in the playoffs possibly) for quite a while.