PDA

View Full Version : Montana vs. Montana St. rivalry on Sports Center

blackfordpu
July 28th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Sports Center is doing their 50 states in 50 days marathon right now. Today was Montana. They did a poll and found that the Brawl of the Wild is the favorite riverlry in the state (no suprise). It was just cool to see the I-AA world spotlighted for once. :)

putter
July 28th, 2005, 12:32 PM
It was either that or Montana vs. Idaho. No contest!!

DuckDuckGriz
July 28th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Sports Center is doing their 50 states in 50 days marathon right now. Today was Montana. They did a poll and found that the Brawl of the Wild is the favorite riverlry in the state (no suprise). It was just cool to see the I-AA world spotlighted for once. :)

Hey the Bearkats had an appearance on that same Sports Center too mind you. They showed a clip of the semis in Missoula last year talking about how the Griz won the triple crown in the Big Sky.

I was kind of hoping they would do a story on the Brawl of the Wild itself instead of Joe, Montana, but oh well.

Eagle_77
July 28th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Awesome. I wish that I would have been able to see it. Will it be airing all day?

89Hen
July 28th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Does anyone know the schedule for these? I would have to guess that UD would be on the Delaware one and I'd love to see it.

blackfordpu
July 28th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Does anyone know the schedule for these? I would have to guess that UD would be on the Delaware one and I'd love to see it.

Check out the Sports Center website. It may have them on there. I don't know the address, sorry.

colgate13
July 28th, 2005, 02:22 PM

Unless they do it on that little race track you have down there.

http://racing.ballparks.com/DoverDowns/aerial.jpg

GrizFoo
July 28th, 2005, 05:26 PM
The UM/SHSU playoff game was on ESPNU last night too, with a little 50/50 icon in the corner. Much more enjoyable game than the one we got our azzes handed to us in. :rolleyes:

blur2005
July 28th, 2005, 05:31 PM
I'm pissed that the fact Montana has won two National Champsionships, most recently in 2001, was mentioned, yet JMU wasn't mentioned during the Virginia Sportscenter. I remember that a couple of the things that were listed were not up to par with winning a college football championship at ANY level. But oh well, I really didn't have high hopes JMU would be mentioned anyway.

GrizFoo
July 28th, 2005, 05:50 PM
That is pretty weak sauce blur. You won a Div I championship! at the highest level in which it is determined on the field. Should have been mentioned.
That is a plus to living in a sparsely populated state, what is little news for some, can be big news for us. There aren't so many headlines that they can't fit good stuff in.

ngineer
July 28th, 2005, 07:36 PM
Considering Penn State no longer plays Pitt, Lehigh/Lafayette should certainly be considered as the most intense rivalry in Pennsylvania.

blackfordpu
July 29th, 2005, 12:22 PM
The UM/SHSU playoff game was on ESPNU last night too, with a little 50/50 icon in the corner. Much more enjoyable game than the one we got our azzes handed to us in. :rolleyes:

I would prefer that they replay the SHSU@EWU game. Much better game and people may actually watch it, especially the fourth quarter.

The second SHSU@UM game was a blowout, no fun to watch.

Grizo406
July 29th, 2005, 11:15 PM
The second SHSU@UM game was a blowout, no fun to watch.

No fun to watch??? I saw it today...again, and thought it was a real hoot! ;)

JMU1992
August 1st, 2005, 12:42 AM
I'm pissed that the fact Montana has won two National Champsionships, most recently in 2001, was mentioned, yet JMU wasn't mentioned during the Virginia Sportscenter. I remember that a couple of the things that were listed were not up to par with winning a college football championship at ANY level. But oh well, I really didn't have high hopes JMU would be mentioned anyway.

Actually, they did mention JMU in the 11:00 pm Sportscenter on Virginia but not the 6:00 pm show. They showed he trophy and helmet and mentioned the I-AA title.

FightinBluHen51
August 1st, 2005, 08:22 AM

Nope. Check the CAAZone for info on it, we're over there biatching about it.

FightinBluHen51
August 1st, 2005, 08:24 AM
Unless they do it on that little race track you have down there.

http://racing.ballparks.com/DoverDowns/aerial.jpg

Worse, a Wilmington Blue Rocks game. :bang: