PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'Em - Week 9

DFW HOYA
October 20th, 2018, 10:53 PM
OK, so no one predicted Georgetown at Colgate as a game of the week, but the other two games provide some interesting tests as well.

Georgetown (4-4, 3-0) at Colgate (6-0, 3-0)
Lafayette (2-5, 1-2) at Fordham (1-6, 1-1)
Lehigh (1-6, 0-2) at Holy Cross (1-6, 0-2)
Bye week: Bucknell (1-7, 1-2)

Four of the seven PL teams have clinched a losing season.

bonarae
October 21st, 2018, 12:30 AM
Colgate - would this set the modern era record for shutouts if they will shut out again? xchinscratchx
Lafayette
Lehigh

I am not sure about the latter two games. I will leave them as toss-ups.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 21st, 2018, 07:42 PM
I'm headed to the Syracuse-NC State game next Saturday night at the Dome. I'm tossing around going to Colgate-Georgetown in the afternoon to make it a CNY football double-header. If it's nice I might play golf up there instead :D

Before the season started I really wanted a reason to go to the Lehigh-Holy Cross game in Worcester. It will remain the only PL school I haven't seen a game at. I did visit the campus on the way back from the Lehigh-UNH playoff game two years ago.

World
October 21st, 2018, 07:52 PM
Bye week: Bucknell (1-7, 1-2)

ngineer
October 21st, 2018, 09:12 PM
Colgate should dominate. Neither Gtown or Lehigh wanted to win that game. Hard to watch. Raiders 32-7

LC @ FU---who the hell knows

LU@ HC---who the hell knows.

Bye @ BU--who the hell knows

DFW HOYA
October 21st, 2018, 09:16 PM
Colgate hasn't allowed a touchdown in five weeks, just two field goals.

Field goals are in short supply these days at Georgetown.

Ivytalk
October 21st, 2018, 10:38 PM
Colgate big
Lafayette
Holy Cross

UNHWildcat18
October 22nd, 2018, 05:55 AM
Colgate in the single conference game that might actually matter.
Fordham squeaks by at home
Holy Cross- The crusaders since they are at home, and they dont have coen coaching

Pards Rule
October 22nd, 2018, 09:06 AM
I'm headed to the Syracuse-NC State game next Saturday night at the Dome. I'm tossing around going to Colgate-Georgetown in the afternoon to make it a CNY football double-header. If it's nice I might play golf up there instead :D

Before the season started I really wanted a reason to go to the Lehigh-Holy Cross game in Worcester. It will remain the only PL school I haven't seen a game at. I did visit the campus on the way back from the Lehigh-UNH playoff game two years ago.
Colgate has a good public course! Havent played there but seen it. I have yet to see Fordham or Georgetown stadiums believe it or not! Maybe this Saturday the Bronx? I was up at one HC game in Worcester back in 1991 when they still were cycling out of schollies and witnessed a 48-14 shellacking of the Pards there.

Go Green
October 22nd, 2018, 09:27 AM
I've been bullish on Georgetown all season, and won't stop now!

Holy Cross over a Lehigh team that seems to have quit for the season.

Fordham over Lafayette to give the PL five teams with a losing season.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2018, 10:11 AM
https://twitter.com/LFN/status/1054387177638035459

ColgateTD
October 22nd, 2018, 10:45 AM
Colgate, 34-14
Lafayette, 21-7
HC-Lehigh, 0-0 (3-0 win for HC in OT)

Pard4Life
October 22nd, 2018, 10:46 AM
The PL is such a disgrace that the second place team can't score TDs (those OT TDs are not *real* TDs)

Will be: Colgate 52, Georgetown 0

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/LFN/status/1054387177638035459

It's a happy Monday after all!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2018, 11:07 AM
By the end of the season, Colgate is going to wish they were in any league but the Patriot League because when they go 9-1 they're going to be shipped somewhere in the 1st round, my vote is Stony Brook

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2018, 11:25 AM
So this is what rock bottom feels like

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2018/10/so-this-is-what-rock-bottom-feels-like.html

ngineer
October 22nd, 2018, 01:03 PM

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2018/10/so-this-is-what-rock-bottom-feels-like.html

Good article. They can at least play for themselves and their self-respect and finish 5-6...even a win over Laughyette, would at least get me through the winter. Do they have the guts to fight for the next month and not be one of the worst teams in Lehigh history? Ironic, though Lehigh has had a couple winless seasons in its storied past, 1966, I think being the last at 0-9, they can still have the "distinction" of being the only Lehigh team to lose 10 games in a season...if they want it. How do you want to be remembered?

The ending stanza of poem I have on the wall of my office says, "Death comes with a crawl or it comes with a pounce, and whether he's slow or spry; It isn't the fact that your dead that counts, but only
how did you die?"--Demund Vance Cooke

carney2
October 22nd, 2018, 01:37 PM
Georgetown (4-4, 3-0) at Colgate (6-0, 3-0) – It’s midnight, Cinderella.

Lafayette (2-5, 1-2) at Fordham (1-6, 1-1) – Two losers in a who gives a crap game. Also, two losers in a tough to pick game.

Lehigh (1-6, 0-2) at Holy Cross (1-6, 0-2) – The Crossers are up and down. The Stained Panties have sunk through the floor boards.

Pard4Life
October 22nd, 2018, 02:29 PM

No, rock bottom is when your head coach angrily talks about being owed money during a post game interview following a loss to your biggest rival.

Go Green
October 22nd, 2018, 02:34 PM
No, rock bottom is when your head coach angrily talks about being owed money during a post game interview following a loss to your biggest rival.

I'd say rock bottom is when you become a national punchline. Like Columbia during their Streaks.

Pards Rule
October 22nd, 2018, 03:58 PM

I remember that! Not good! 2016 horror!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 22nd, 2018, 04:07 PM

I was there and it was a very weird moment. I do sometimes wonder if it was that specifically that led to his termination, i.e. had he simply acted the way he had other years, he would have stayed.

Gate83
October 22nd, 2018, 04:09 PM

Weather report is mid 40's with snow showers, so pretty nice. But be careful, that forecast could get a lot worse between now & then...

More importantly, the course is not in great shape. All the rain over the summer took its toll, 2 greens (4 & 13) have been closed for the season due to damage/disease. So plan accordingly...

Fordham
October 22nd, 2018, 05:33 PM
I was there and it was a very weird moment. I do sometimes wonder if it was that specifically that led to his termination, i.e. had he simply acted the way he had other years, he would have stayed.

How do I not know this story? Tavani?

Franks Tanks
October 22nd, 2018, 05:48 PM

He went on an unhinged rant after what would be his final game. Blamed the teams struggles on what he perceived as lack of suppport by the school, and went on to basically dare the school to fire him. Said he is owed too much money so he doubts he will be fired, but said something along the lines of how he will be paid regardless. I think the point he was trying to make is that the school is cheap, and they won’t fire him with money still left on his deal. Whatever his point was it didn’t come across.

If a coach at a P5 school did something similar it would be all over sports center. Since nobody cares about Lafayette football, it wasn’t well publicized.

hawkineer
October 22nd, 2018, 06:33 PM
Good article. They can at least play for themselves and their self-respect and finish 5-6...even a win over Laughyette, would at least get me through the winter. Do they have the guts to fight for the next month and not be one of the worst teams in Lehigh history?
Given the lack of talent, poor coaching and awful habits on both sides of the ball, all of the self respect in the world isn’t getting this team four wins including beating Colgate. Given last year’s outcome, I suspect Colgate might be highly motivated to kick our a**!

Besides, through the first seven games, self respect hasn’t exactly been the hallmark of this team.

At this point, beating Lafayette is about the only way to put any lipstick on this pig of a season.

LehighU11
October 22nd, 2018, 06:36 PM
"We're not that far off. The vultures can circle, but there's no dead meat here -- and that includes me." Tavani said. "That stuff that people put out there, I got news for them: they owe me a lot of money. All those people that are looking for that crap, maybe it'll happen, but tell them not to feel too bad because my bank -- it's not coming from my end. And everyone's asked me about my health; I've never been better. Oddly enough, as tough as it's been, I am feeling better than ever. ... This is a great school and a great league to be involved in. I'm comfortable in my own skin and how we run the program, how we treat these young men and how they graduate, how they handle themselves on and off the field. I'm going to coach here until someone says stop or I die."

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lafayette/index.ssf/2016/11/post_19.html

Someone wised up and said "stop" pretty quickly.

I heard somewhere that he got all the money that he was owed.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cf/Wario-mario_party_8.png

TheValleyRaider
October 22nd, 2018, 07:27 PM
2-1 last week, nearly winless given how close the FU and LU losses were. Totally (sort of) called the BU-LC shootout, though. Now 29-11 for the year, just 4 weeks to go

Georgetown at Colgate Colgate For the 4th time this year, the Raiders play a PL foe who hasn't lost a League game yet. Unlike the others, the Hoyas actually bring a couple of victories to the table. Is it the big kids' table though? Georgetown still does not look quite there on offense, and that's not a place they want to be facing this defense. Senior day comes early in Hamilton, and if the Raiders do drop one this year, I have a hard time seeing it come here.

Lafayette at Fordham Lafayette The Rams were oh so close to finishing the comeback against Bryant, but still they wait for their 2nd win. The Leopards are coming in (relatively) hot as well, winners of 2 of their last 3. CCSU is actually a pretty good win there, one Fordham could not match. Almost took the Rams at home, but talking myself into Lafayette putting (a little) something together. As it involves Lafayette, I will probably regret this pick.

Lehigh at Holy Cross Holy Cross If the question is "what is there to play for?" then it's hard to see how Lehigh measures up here. Pride, sure, but the Crusaders are playing for a new coach, and guys will want to prove something to the new regime. HC had a bye to get ready for this after coming up short against Harvard, can they finish the job for win #2? At home, I'm going to guess they do.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 22nd, 2018, 07:34 PM
By the end of the season, Colgate is going to wish they were in any league but the Patriot League because when they go 9-1 they're going to be shipped somewhere in the 1st round, my vote is Stony Brook

Doesn't it come down to a bid? Dayton and Butler have both hosted MVFC teams recently because they were willing to pony up some $$$. It would be nice if the Colgate administration would reward the team with homefield advantage.

Go...gate
October 22nd, 2018, 07:52 PM
Weather report is mid 40's with snow showers, so pretty nice. But be careful, that forecast could get a lot worse between now & then...

More importantly, the course is not in great shape. All the rain over the summer took its toll, 2 greens (4 & 13) have been closed for the season due to damage/disease. So plan accordingly...

Ouch. And this is a great time of the year to play.

Go...gate
October 22nd, 2018, 07:53 PM
Doesn't it come down to a bid? Dayton and Butler have both hosted MVFC teams recently because they were willing to pony up some $$$. It would be nice if the Colgate administration would reward the team with homefield advantage.

From your lips to God's ears. I do not believe the mistakes of 2012 will be repeated.

kdinva
October 23rd, 2018, 09:09 AM
Georgetown 20 at Colgate 35
Lafayette 17 at Fordham 24
Lehigh 20 at Holy Cross 28

Pards Rule
October 23rd, 2018, 10:37 AM
"We're not that far off. The vultures can circle, but there's no dead meat here -- and that includes me." Tavani said. "That stuff that people put out there, I got news for them: they owe me a lot of money. All those people that are looking for that crap, maybe it'll happen, but tell them not to feel too bad because my bank -- it's not coming from my end. And everyone's asked me about my health; I've never been better. Oddly enough, as tough as it's been, I am feeling better than ever. ... This is a great school and a great league to be involved in. I'm comfortable in my own skin and how we run the program, how we treat these young men and how they graduate, how they handle themselves on and off the field. I'm going to coach here until someone says stop or I die."

https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lafayette/index.ssf/2016/11/post_19.html

Someone wised up and said "stop" pretty quickly.

I heard somewhere that he got all the money that he was owed.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cf/Wario-mario_party_8.png

I still use that "theres no dead meat here" in work and social situations! I love it!! Tavani lives on!

carney2
October 23rd, 2018, 02:46 PM

Based on the results since he left, Frankie left a lot of dead meat in the locker room.

PAllen
October 23rd, 2018, 06:36 PM
Colgate in a cakewalk
Fordham if anybody notices
HC if anybody cares.

RichH2
October 24th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Lafayette- Fordham. Inconsistent rebuilding teams. Coin flip Rams
Colgate-Hoyas. Hoya D will keep them in for a while. Raiders are actually a good.to very good squad. Raidres big.
Lehigh-Holy Cross. Identical records but Cross has shown flashes of good. Lehigh hasnt. Rooting for an LU W but dont see one this week. Crusaders

carney2
October 24th, 2018, 11:43 AM
The odds makers' calls for this week:

Colgate by 24 1/2 over Georgetown
Holy Cross by 12 1/2 over Lehigh
Fordham by 4 1/2 over Lafayette

Go Green
October 24th, 2018, 11:52 AM
The odds makers' calls for this week:

Colgate by 24 1/2 over Georgetown

I can't recall seeing a line that big for a de facto championship game. :)

van
October 24th, 2018, 12:10 PM
Georgetown (4-4, 3-0) at Colgate (6-0, 3-0) could be a rout

Lafayette (2-5, 1-2) at Fordham (1-6, 1-1) Rams with a few more offensive weapons

Lehigh (1-6, 0-2) at Holy Cross (1-6, 0-2) hope I am wrong but our offense just can't get it done

DFW HOYA
October 24th, 2018, 05:54 PM
I can't recall seeing a line that big for a de facto championship game. :)

This speaks to the respect Colgate has earned to date and well, the lack of respect for Georgetown.

Lehigh had won 17 straight against Georgetown until last week. Over that same time, Colgate is 14-1 with an average margin of victory of 18 points.

Gate83
October 24th, 2018, 06:15 PM
This speaks to the respect Colgate has earned to date and well, the lack of respect for Georgetown.

Lehigh had won 17 straight against Georgetown until last week. Over that same time, Colgate is 14-1 with an average margin of victory of 18 points.

Current forecast is a high of 40 & up to an inch of rain. 24 sounds like a lot of points, but against a team that just missed 5 field goals maybe another shutout...

DFW HOYA
October 24th, 2018, 06:46 PM
Current forecast is a high of 40 & up to an inch of rain. 24 sounds like a lot of points, but against a team that just missed 5 field goals maybe another shutout...

Hmmm...Upper 30's, 100% chance of rain, 375 miles from home, the nation's 114th ranked offense vs. the nation's #2 ranked defense. What could go wrong?

Gate83
October 24th, 2018, 07:10 PM
Hmmm...Upper 30's, 100% chance of rain, 375 miles from home, the nation's 114th ranked offense vs. the nation's #2 ranked defense. What could go wrong?

How about one mistake & a 7-0 score the wrong way? AGS after all...

200 miles from home for me but I'll still be making the trip!

TheValleyRaider
October 24th, 2018, 07:51 PM
How about one mistake & a 7-0 score the wrong way?

Like, say, returning a pick for a TD 9 seconds into the game? Just to throw a random possibility out there...

Gate83
October 24th, 2018, 10:10 PM
Like, say, returning a pick for a TD 9 seconds into the game? Just to throw a random possibility out there...

Yeah, that's the nightmare. I drive 200 miles, get drenched & some random event loses us the championship. Other than the rain, kind of like that back judge vs. Lehigh last year...

Go Green
October 25th, 2018, 11:01 AM

GO GEORGETOWN!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao50y1xdfW8

bulldog10jw
October 25th, 2018, 11:39 AM

Weather, sometimes, is a great equalizer. Is it supposed to be windy as well.

Pards Rule
October 25th, 2018, 12:37 PM

DFW they have only played 17 times since 1925?? Or was there a tie in there?

LehighU11
October 25th, 2018, 01:11 PM
DFW they have only played 17 times since 1925?? Or was there a tie in there?
Prior to the Hoyas joining the PL in 2001, Lehigh and Georgetown last played in 1925. Georgetown won 5 of the first 6 meetings, which stretched between 1901 and 1925.

After joining the PL, Georgetown lost every game against Lehigh from 2001-2017. They earned their first victory in the PL-era last weekend, bringing the series to 18-6 in favor of LU.

Gangtackle11
October 25th, 2018, 02:35 PM
These guys still playing?

Colgate
Holy Cross
Fordham

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2018, 09:36 AM
The forecast for Worcester is heavy rain with wind gusts nearing 50 in the afternoon. Tomorrow might outdo the 2005 Lehigh-Holy Cross game at Goodman.

RichH2
October 26th, 2018, 10:05 AM
The forecast for Worcester is heavy rain with wind gusts nearing 50 in the afternoon. Tomorrow might outdo the 2005 Lehigh-Holy Cross game at Goodman.

So waders and a canoe should suffice.xcoffeex xdontknowx

DFW HOYA
October 26th, 2018, 10:13 AM
So waders and a canoe should suffice.xcoffeex xdontknowx

Attendance guess? Sounds like a good weekend for the PL network.

Sader87
October 26th, 2018, 10:19 AM
It's Family Weekend at HC but with tthe expected bad weather I don't see more than 2K actually inside Fitton...they will announce probably 5-7K though

Go Green
October 26th, 2018, 10:30 AM
It's Family Weekend at HC but with tthe expected bad weather I don't see more than 2K actually inside Fitton...they will announce probably 5-7K though

Homecoming for Dartmouth in Hanover against Harvard. Ordinarily would be a great crowd. But...

We will see if the announced attendance is "tickets sold" or "people actually there."

Leopard Loyalist
October 26th, 2018, 11:34 AM

The weather may influence things in the Bronx and Worcester. Not so much in Hamilton.

DFW HOYA
October 26th, 2018, 01:17 PM
Today's prediction: Lehigh beats Holy Cross.

RichH2
October 26th, 2018, 02:33 PM
Today's prediction: Lehigh beats Holy Cross.

Thanks. Appreciated. Hope you're right.xprayxxhugx

Bill
October 26th, 2018, 03:27 PM
I'm up to 33-8 on the year...still angry about not betting the Lehigh/GTown game last week. Uggh.

maninthehighcastle
October 26th, 2018, 04:11 PM
Colgate
Lafayette
Lehigh

Go...gate
October 26th, 2018, 05:50 PM
Colgate 28, Georgetown 7

Fordham 24, Lafayette 13

Holy Cross 27, Lehigh 14

Bucknell 3, Open Date 2

Bonus Picks:

Princeton 35, Cornell 16

Hun 23, Peddie 20

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 26th, 2018, 10:41 PM
Colgate 34 Georgetown 3
Holy Cross 27 Lehigh 14
Fordham 30 Lafayette 26

*There was a Brian Klingerman reference during our local Friday night high school football show. His all-time rushing record at Central Columbia HS was broken tonight. I nearly fell off my chair when I heard his name mentioned...lol.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2018, 02:52 AM
Fearless Prediction: Holy Cross 22, Lehigh 13

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2018/10/2018-week-8-holy-cross-game-breakdown.html

Fearless Prediction: Colgate 24, G'Town 0

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/csj-2018-week-9-preview-georgetown-at-colgate-how-to-watch-and-prediction/

Fordham 28, Lafayette 6

Pards Rule
October 27th, 2018, 09:46 AM
Prior to the Hoyas joining the PL in 2001, Lehigh and Georgetown last played in 1925. Georgetown won 5 of the first 6 meetings, which stretched between 1901 and 1925.

After joining the PL, Georgetown lost every game against Lehigh from 2001-2017. They earned their first victory in the PL-era last weekend, bringing the series to 18-6 in favor of LU.

Wow..interesting...thanks

ColgateTD
October 27th, 2018, 10:25 AM
[QUOTE=The weather may influence things in the Bronx and Worcester. Not so much in Hamilton.[/QUOTE]

No. Nor'easter up here. Will be a soggy field. Look for the ground game to take over. Hope our running backs are ready for a workout.

Free hot dogs and 2 free tix to the game if you check in at Reid Ctr. before the game starts. Could be a very low turnout. :-(

TheValleyRaider
October 27th, 2018, 11:08 AM
Underway in Hamilton

Heavy rain as Colgate kicks off to start

DFW HOYA
October 27th, 2018, 11:22 AM
Could be a very low turnout. :-(

Agreed.

http://www.hoyasaxa.com/sports/images/colgate_406.gif

Pards Rule
October 27th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Agreed.

We can count homeside!

DFW HOYA
October 27th, 2018, 11:39 AM
End of 1st:

Georgetown 0
Colgate 0

TheValleyRaider
October 27th, 2018, 11:39 AM
Defense, penalties, and poor weather have kept the offenses grounded so far. Raiders driving though, as the clock expires. 1st down deep in Hoya territory.

Colgate has still not given up any points in the 1st quarter this season

Georgetown 0
Colgate 0
End 1st

TheValleyRaider
October 27th, 2018, 11:42 AM
All runs on the drive, finished off by Breneman pushing in from one yard out, TOUCHDOWN!

7-0 Colgate
13:09 2nd

Go Green
October 27th, 2018, 11:46 AM
Free hot dogs and 2 free tix to the game if you check in at Reid Ctr. before the game starts. Could be a very low turnout. :-(

2011 Dartmouth-Harvard was played in a blizzard. By the fourth quarter, only about 100 fans were left. They were all given free tickets to the next Harvard game.

TheValleyRaider
October 27th, 2018, 11:52 AM
Bad punt sets up a short field, Brenemen with the keeper to finish off the drive from a few yards out

14-0 Colgate
9:48 2nd

DFW HOYA
October 27th, 2018, 12:05 PM
Georgetown has no consistent offense, not a surprise anytime in the last, oh, seven years.

A seven yard punt doesn't help.

The Colgate radio team seems incapable of talking about anyone other than Colgate. A Georgetown player is injured and they don't even talk about it.

TheValleyRaider
October 27th, 2018, 12:06 PM
Raiders stopped short, including a drop in the end zone. Puzzi steps up for a short FG, and it's up and good

17-0 Colgate
3:23 2nd

TheValleyRaider
October 27th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Wisnewski with the pick, takes it to the house! TOUCHDOWN!!!

24-0 Colgate
0:26 2nd

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2018, 12:20 PM
Agreed.

Still more people than a Georgetown home game.

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2018, 12:22 PM
So far Lafayette-Fordham is a battle of les incompetent... Pards showed more movement on offense thus far, but 0-0 1Q. Wind an issue in the Bronx. Does not seem to be much rain but field has puddles.

TheValleyRaider
October 27th, 2018, 12:23 PM
Hoyas take a knee, going to the half

Georgetown 0
Colgate 24
Halftime

Defense doing its thing. Penalties have hurt, but more so for the Hoyas. Weather looks unpleasant, but otherwise Raiders are in control. Hoya defense is tough, and the rain has slowed any sort of passing game, but it's hard to see how Georgetown can find enough points to pull this one out. Need to be careful with turnovers, and hope to avoid major injuries.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed.

I wonder how many of them aren't parents of seniors

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2018, 12:25 PM
Hoyas take a knee, going to the half

Georgetown 0
Colgate 24
Halftime

Defense doing its thing. Penalties have hurt, but more so for the Hoyas. Weather looks unpleasant, but otherwise Raiders are in control. Hoya defense is tough, and the rain has slowed any sort of passing game, but it's hard to see how Georgetown can find enough points to pull this one out. Need to be careful with turnovers, and hope to avoid major injuries.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how many of them aren't parents of seniors

Warm up the bus... Colgate will get their shutout...

PAllen
October 27th, 2018, 12:29 PM
So I check in to see how badly Lehigh is doing. A couple of dumb penalties on either team on successive plays gets Colgate into 3rd and 19. And Lehigh brings the house on delayed blitzes leaving the TE all alone. TD Colgate. Why do I even bother?

PAllen
October 27th, 2018, 12:33 PM
Yeah, why go for it on 4th and inches when you could punt into the wind for a 23 yd punt. I'm out.

DFW HOYA
October 27th, 2018, 12:38 PM
Still more people than a Georgetown home game.

It helps to have seats.

crusader11
October 27th, 2018, 12:55 PM
Lehigh just wants the season to end. Talk about uninspired football.

No way Coen survives this.

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2018, 12:55 PM
So Lafayette found a ground game, held Fordham, and the Rams punted it to within a few grass blades of the goal line … 7-7 2Q

Lehigh Football Nation
October 27th, 2018, 12:56 PM
In a season of disrgaceful Lehigh performances, that defensive series to go down 21-0 might have been the absolute worst.

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2018, 12:56 PM
Lehigh just wants the season to end. Talk about uninspired football.

No way Coen survives this.

At Lafayette, he would have been given a pat on the back and a contract extension. Sounds like Lafayette's 2015 season.

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2018, 12:59 PM
We almost get stopped in the end zone but gain a few... probably will avoid a safety... BUT THEN WE FUMBLE THE SNAP... Rams recover insdie the 5

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2018, 01:00 PM
TD Rams... but holder misplays the ball, 13-7 Rams.

TheValleyRaider
October 27th, 2018, 01:06 PM
Raiders cap off the quarter just short of the end zone. 1st and goal inside the 1 upcoming to start the 4th

Georgetown 0
Colgate 24
End 3rd

DFW HOYA
October 27th, 2018, 01:07 PM
Georgetown 0
Colgate 31
14:55 4th

Either the Colgate announcers did zero prep work on Georgetown or they simply talk all Colgate all the time. They could learn a few things from the SE2 and LSN folks.

RichH2
October 27th, 2018, 01:08 PM
In a season of disrgaceful Lehigh performances, that defensive series to go down 21-0 might have been the absolute worst.
I've seen bad teams at Lehigh. Dont recall one that just gave up like this team has. It may be quite a while until we see a winning team at Lehigh.

TheValleyRaider
October 27th, 2018, 01:08 PM
Mathews takes it in the start the quarter

31-0 Colgate
14:57 4th

DFW HOYA
October 27th, 2018, 01:10 PM
Mathews takes it in the start the quarter

31-0 Colgate
14:57 4th

To the earlier post, why are the Colgate announcers so poor in their coverage? I get it that it's local radio but still...

crusader11
October 27th, 2018, 01:15 PM
Holy Cross 28
Lehigh 0

This is not what I’m accustomed to seeing from Lehigh. I see so many issues with this team, but the most glaring may be the offensive line. Just terrible.

SingForever
I've seen bad teams at Lehigh. Dont recall one that just gave up like this team has. It may be quite a while until we see a winning team at Lehigh.

I agree 100%.e pathetic An absolute embarassment. I'm done watching for this year. I hope they get more than 100 people at the game next week.

TheValleyRaider
Senior Sage Attwood comes out at QB for the 4th quarter, Breneman's day is done

TheValleyRaider
October 27th, 2018, 01:17 PM
To the earlier post, why are the Colgate announcers so poor in their coverage? I get it that it's local radio but still...

That's pretty much it. Malanowski's been calling football and basketball games for years, and I doubt there's any real impetus to change him. Very Colgate-centric broadcasts, but that's got to be the bulk of their (probably small) audience

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2018, 01:18 PM
Interesting fumble review... debatable if FU QB was down on a high snap, ball squirted out as he recovered and Pards recovered... ruled Pards ball!

Sader87
October 27th, 2018, 01:21 PM
Cozier with 150+ on the ground that half....HC pretty much running the ball at will. Nice grab by Dorsey on that last TD.

HC really isn't that bad of a team...only real stinkah this year was Bucknell (and many @UNH)...they could run the table this season.

TheValleyRaider
October 27th, 2018, 01:22 PM
Attwood on the keeper from 2nd and goal, gets himself on the scoresheet

38-0 Colgate
7:48 4th

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2018, 01:22 PM
TD Pards on 4th and 2! About a 35 yrd run, kick good... 14-13 Pards... almost halftime... Ran right 4 straight plays.

DFW HOYA
October 27th, 2018, 01:24 PM
That's pretty much it. Malanowski's been calling football and basketball games for years, and I doubt there's any real impetus to change him. Very Colgate-centric broadcasts, but that's got to be the bulk of their (probably small) audience

He's in the style of HC's Bob Fouracre, and that's not a compliment.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 27th, 2018, 01:31 PM

I stopped at a reststop near Binghamton to check some score, wow! The team and staff have obviously thrown in the towel. A coach that brings pride and sense of tradition will right the ship almost immediately. Holy Cross has been competitive but they're still 1-6. This is Fordham all over...

Sader87
October 27th, 2018, 01:31 PM

Shut your whore mouth xdrunkyx

TheValleyRaider
October 27th, 2018, 01:33 PM

Better than Bucknell's

DFW HOYA
October 27th, 2018, 01:34 PM
Better than Bucknell's

Agreed! How many times does Doug Birdsong drop in a "Ray Bucknell!" in those games?

van
October 27th, 2018, 01:36 PM
Better than Bucknell's

for sure, buffs announcers are absolutely terrible, juvenile

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2018, 01:37 PM
Cozier with 150+ on the ground that half....HC pretty much running the ball at will. Nice grab by Dorsey on that last TD.

HC really isn't that bad of a team...only real stinkah this year was Bucknell (and many @UNH)...they could run the table this season.

Not so fast my friend...

- - - Updated - - -

for sure, buffs announcers are absolutely terrible, juvenile

Marty Horn isn't that much better... what a toolbag...

TheValleyRaider
October 27th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Raiders finish the rout

Georgetown 0
Colgate 38

Hard to say much about this one other than the score. 5 first downs and -13 rushing yards for Georgetown. Too many penalties, still, if I were to look for downsides.

4 shutouts so far this year, 4 of their last 5 games. 9 consecutive scoreless quarters, second longest streak of the year. Still have not given up a touchdown since Holy Cross in Week 1.

If this is the last home game of the year, it is a fitting conclusion to this point. Three big games left, next in the Bronx. The trophy will be in the building.

Sader87
October 27th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Mr E is basically retired now...Fouracre was a homer but was a great proponent of HC athletics on the air for almost 50 years.

Wisstah institution.

crusader11
October 27th, 2018, 01:45 PM
35-0 Holy Cross.

I’d expect to see some chippy play for the rest of this game. We already saw a cheap shot on the kickoff to begin the second half from Lehigh. This was after the teams got into a little scuffle heading into the lockerooms at the half.

CHIP72
October 27th, 2018, 01:48 PM

The right coach can probably turn Lehigh around in two seasons, maybe one season. As a frame of reference, Central Florida went 0-12 in 2015. They made a coaching change after that season, and in 2017 they went 13-0.

CHIP72
October 27th, 2018, 01:50 PM
I was out with the girlfriend at an open house (she's looking to buy a condo) and early voting, and after seeing the scores I think there's no point for me to watch the Lehigh/Holy Cross game. I'll focus on the Lafayette/Fordham and New Hampshire/Villanova games (and in a short time, the D2 Millersville/Bloomsburg game).

CHIP72
October 27th, 2018, 02:04 PM
There's a lot of water on the field in the Bronx.

Lafayette just scored a TD that was set up by a long run down to inside the Fordham 5 yard line. The Leopards lead 21-13 with 8+ minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

BTW, the Lafayette/Fordham game is on the Stadium Network, which is available over-the-air in some markets (Baltimore being one of them) and/or on some cable systems (like Verizon FiOS, Channel 820), in addition via streaming on the Patriot League Network.

Pards Rule
October 27th, 2018, 02:08 PM
Lafayette 21 Fordham 13 mid 3rd...Lafayette exerting control both sides of ball

DFW HOYA
October 27th, 2018, 02:09 PM
Mr E is basically retired now...Fouracre was a homer but was a great proponent of HC athletics on the air for almost 50 years.

Wisstah institution.

I enjoyed Fouracre but his knowledge of the visiting teams was lacking. It seems that the LSN crew does their homework better than most.

Sader87
October 27th, 2018, 02:12 PM
HC 42-0 end of 3

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2018, 02:17 PM
HC 42-0 end of 3

How do they say it in Woo? "This is a laugh-ah" xlolx

Sader87
October 27th, 2018, 02:21 PM
This is the game that gets Coen fired

DFW HOYA
October 27th, 2018, 02:25 PM
Lehigh 0
Holy Cross 56
12:55 4th

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2018, 02:25 PM
Lehigh 0
Holy Cross 56
12:55 4th

Wow.... I mean, wow...

Sader87
October 27th, 2018, 02:26 PM
Prediction not coming thru huh DFW?

DFW HOYA
October 27th, 2018, 02:30 PM
Prediction not coming thru huh DFW?

Can't say it did.xoopsx

Lehigh was a better team last week than it was this week.

Southsider
October 27th, 2018, 02:30 PM
This is the game that gets Coen fired

LU cares more about recinding honorary degrees, plastic straws, and resistance. Not sure where this will go.

Lehigh'98
October 27th, 2018, 02:31 PM
Safe to say Lehigh's football program has been set back 3-4 years at this point if immediate changes are made. Never saw a team of ours going thru the motions like this.

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2018, 02:31 PM
LU cares more about recinding honorary degrees, plastic straws, and resistance. Not sure where this will go.

Stupid comment. Lehigh will be back within two years. As always. It's not Lafayette.

Pards Rule
October 27th, 2018, 02:32 PM
Wow.... I mean, wow...

Holy *****!!!!! 56-0

Southsider
October 27th, 2018, 02:33 PM
Stupid comment. Lehigh will be back within two years. As always. It's not Lafayette.

We will see. Anybody’s guess at this point

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 27th, 2018, 02:42 PM
We will see. Anybody’s guess at this point

Assuming Coen and this staff are shown the door after a 9 win outright Title season in 2016 and a co champ last year i'll consider it a promising sign of commitment from the AD. If the administration is also fully onboard then this will get turned around quickly.

One season like this is easy to overcome when you have plenty of recent success to sell.

Southsider
October 27th, 2018, 02:44 PM
Assuming Coen and this staff are shown the door after a 9 win outright Title season in 2016 and a co champ last year i'll consider it a promising sign of commitment from the AD. If the administration is also fully onboard then this will get turned around quickly.

One season like this is easy to overcome when you have plenty of recent success to sell.

Boy, I hope you are correct.

UNHWildcat18
October 27th, 2018, 02:52 PM
HAHAHAHA 56-0 Lehigh might be the worst team in the FCS.

Good for Holy Cross. I think their coach has them headed in the right direction

Lehigh'98
October 27th, 2018, 02:58 PM
HAHAHAHA 56-0 Lehigh might be the worst team in the FCS.

Good for Holy Cross. I think their coach has them headed in the right direction

Not much might about it. Not sure why it makes you so happy though. Northeast FCS football is better when teams like Lehigh and UNH are strong. I get no joy out of UNH having a crappy year.

Pards Rule
October 27th, 2018, 03:05 PM
Pards win 3rd 21-13 over Rams

RichH2
October 27th, 2018, 03:10 PM

I pray you are right owl. Its all on Sterrett right now. He dawdles and its years before Lehigh has a winning season.

World
October 27th, 2018, 03:14 PM
Painful

what is going on with Lehigh and its glorious football program?

RichH2
October 27th, 2018, 03:35 PM
Ah well. Our season done.
Congrats to Crusaders on W. A team on the rise.
Also congrats to Pards also a team on the rise.

crusader11
October 27th, 2018, 03:40 PM
Coen remarked after the Princeton game that they were more talented and deeper because of how Ivy schools recruit / their aid.

What’s his excuse today?

Pards Rule
October 27th, 2018, 03:43 PM
Ah well. Our season done.
Congrats to Crusaders on W. A team on the rise.
Also congrats to Pards also a team on the rise.

Thanks Rich. We had TWO 100 yard plus backs today. Fordham -20 rush yards...Our # 99 Malik Hamm is a BEAST with 3 sacks and then some hurries

Sader87
October 27th, 2018, 03:44 PM
Let's be gracious in victory....we've been in this spot in the not too distant past ourselves.

Sader87
October 27th, 2018, 03:52 PM
I'm curious just how good Colgate is actually. They are having a great year but they really haven't played anyone good yet. UNH didn't have their QB, W&M is down, Furman game cancelled etc

The Army game will be interesting.

Go Green
October 27th, 2018, 03:57 PM
I'm curious just how good Colgate is actually. They are having a great year but they really haven't played anyone good yet. UNH didn't have their QB, W&M is down, Furman game cancelled etc.

And Princeton's beating Cornell 66-0 today certainly takes some of the shine off of Colgate's victory over the Big Red.

crusader11
October 27th, 2018, 04:01 PM
Coen throwing the players under the bus — https://twitter.com/lehighfootball/status/1056288879102382080?s=21

Go...gate
October 27th, 2018, 04:13 PM
Mr E is basically retired now...Fouracre was a homah but was a great proponent of HC athletics on the air for almost 50 years.

Wisstah institution.

Fixed it for you. :D

Colgate Raider Redux
October 27th, 2018, 04:24 PM
I'm curious just how good Colgate is actually. They are having a great year but they really haven't played anyone good yet. UNH didn't have their QB, W&M is down, Furman game cancelled etc

Got some idea about the Army game ? 35-40 point dogs ?

Go...gate
October 27th, 2018, 04:25 PM
And Princeton's beating Cornell 66-0 today certainly takes some of the shine off of Colgate's victory over the Big Red.

Nice win in dreadful conditions.

- - - Updated - - -

Got some idea about the Army game ? 35-40 point dogs ?

Yes. Definitely.

RichH2
October 27th, 2018, 04:31 PM
Coen throwing the players under the bus — https://twitter.com/lehighfootball/status/1056288879102382080?s=21

Yeah. Just watched that. No issue with players have to hold players accountable. When players make same mistakes year after year , game after game, the burden falls on coaching. The burden is first on the teacher to find a way to get the students to grasp the lesson.

Go Green
October 27th, 2018, 04:33 PM
I'm curious just how good Colgate is actually.

Should also mention that the Lambert Cup will be between JMU, Colgate, and the Dartmouth-Princeton winner.

World
October 27th, 2018, 04:36 PM

Princeton is now in scary good mode, with most starters being replaced early in the 3rd quarter of this game....

Lehigh'98
October 27th, 2018, 04:37 PM
Colgate is looking great this year. How many shutouts is that? Army is also very good this year. If Colgate pulled a miracle against them and went 10-0, I would seed them. However, the uproar from the MVFC homers would be unbearable if that occurred.

Go Green
October 27th, 2018, 04:37 PM
with most starters being replaced early in the 3rd quarter of this game....

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that such does not happen next Saturday. :)

Lehigh'98
October 27th, 2018, 04:43 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that such does not happen next Saturday. :)

Outside of Harvard and maybe Yale, neither team has played a good team yet this year. I expect a close game.

World
October 27th, 2018, 04:45 PM

actually, I don't think that Princeton would pull its starters in the 2nd quarter against Dartmouth next week...It might be still only about 30 point difference at halftime

Go Green
October 27th, 2018, 05:32 PM
actually, I don't think that Princeton would pull its starters in the 2nd quarter against Dartmouth next week...It might be still only about 30 point difference at halftime

Princeton guys were saying the same thing in 2013.

:)

https://dartmouthsports.com/news/2013/11/23/209321517.aspx

World
October 27th, 2018, 06:19 PM
Princeton guys were saying the same thing in 2013.

:)

https://dartmouthsports.com/news/2013/11/23/209321517.aspx

ok, thanks

good to know

there is only one problem

this is 2018, not 2013

but thanks for trying

Go...gate
October 27th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Another Dartmouth-Princeton match-up having a direct bearing on the Ivy League Championship. The two schools have quite a history.

Go Green
October 27th, 2018, 06:40 PM
ok, thanks

good to know

there is only one problem

this is 2018, not 2013

True enough.

But everyone thought the Princeton offense in 2013 was unstoppable as well. I won't bother searching, but I wouldn't be surprised if you made a more than few posts on this Board to that effect at the time.

the last indian
October 27th, 2018, 06:44 PM
Several points. 1. Not sure that Lehigh will bounce back so quickly despite their past achievements. A new coaching staff will disrupt their recruiting, which now occurs earlier than in the past. Some previous early indications may want to rethink their interest. It also will take time to institute a new system.
Secondly, Princeton’s drubbing of Cornell does nothing to diminish Colgate’s 31-0 win over the Big Red. Different games, different times. Perhaps Colgate’s shutout detracted from Cornell’s confidence. Perhaps Colgate took their foot off the pedal earlier. Nevertheless, the Tigers are impressive.

Go Green
October 27th, 2018, 06:58 PM
True enough.

But everyone thought the Princeton offense in 2013 was unstoppable as well. I won't bother searching, but I wouldn't be surprised if you made a more than few posts on this Board to that effect at the time.

Ok, I did a quick search. :)

Schism55
October 27th, 2018, 07:11 PM
Several points. 1. Not sure that Lehigh will bounce back so quickly despite their past achievements. A new coaching staff will disrupt their recruiting, which now occurs earlier than in the past. Some previous early indications may want to rethink their interest. It also will take time to institute a new system.
Secondly, Princeton’s drubbing of Cornell does nothing to diminish Colgate’s 31-0 win over the Big Red. Different games, different times. Perhaps Colgate’s shutout detracted from Cornell’s confidence. Perhaps Colgate took their foot off the pedal earlier. Nevertheless, the Tigers are impressive.
They just for their asses destroyed 56-0 by a 1-6 team. Seems to me like a serious disruption is in order. Just my 2c ;)

Pard4Life
October 27th, 2018, 07:52 PM
Fordham was... bad. Lafayette was... less bad. Not a perfect game by any means but Pards definitely have figured something out... just too many stakes and inconsistencies, plus subpar QB play.

Weather was crappy but Rams still managed to pass well. Only one true TD by Rams today: Pards coughed one up on the 4 that led to an easy TD. How did they put up 40+ on Lehigh?

I cannot imagine how November 17 will play out.

LehighU11
October 27th, 2018, 08:04 PM
I can. Lafayette's senior class--who has never beaten Lehigh--will lead the Pards to a decisive win. 4+ score margin of victory.

And to think you guys were upset about scheduling Army the week before the game.
xlmaox

Lehigh'98
October 27th, 2018, 08:06 PM
Fordham was... bad. Lafayette was... less bad. Not a perfect game by any means but Pards definitely have figured something out... just too many stakes and inconsistencies, plus subpar QB play.

Weather was crappy but Rams still managed to pass well. Only one true TD by Rams today: Pards coughed one up on the 4 that led to an easy TD. How did they put up 40+ on Lehigh?

Wonder how St. Francis feels right now having actually lost to us?

van
October 27th, 2018, 08:09 PM
at least St Francis can take some solace in that they outplayed us, even though they came short on score board

LehighU11
October 27th, 2018, 08:17 PM
St. Francis isn't very good, but at least they have fought every game this season. They are 3-5 in a down NEC. Their 3 wins are over a 1-8 D2 program, 2-6 Robert Morris (who has 0 D1 wins), and 1-7 Delaware St. All 5 of their losses have come by a single score, however.

I'm beginning to believe that the brightest spot in this dark season was the blowout loss at Navy. At least Lehigh put up points.

Go Green
October 27th, 2018, 08:51 PM

I can tell you with reasonable certainty that Dartmouth will beat Brown then.

World
October 27th, 2018, 09:59 PM

Unless Colgate took their foot off the pedal in the first quarter, it wasn't earlier than when Princeton did this today against Cornell

the last indian
October 27th, 2018, 10:23 PM
Hummm Lovett left the game midway in the 3rd quarter. But no doubt Princeton is very good. But I won’t concede that any ‘Gate win is cheapened.

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 27th, 2018, 10:48 PM

Army rolls by 30+

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 27th, 2018, 10:51 PM

Even pissed than I was at the game. xbawlingx

- - - Updated - - -

St. Francis isn't very good, but at least they have fought every game this season. They are 3-5 in a down NEC. Their 3 wins are over a 1-8 D2 program, 2-6 Robert Morris (who has 0 D1 wins), and 1-7 Delaware St. All 5 of their losses have come by a single score, however.

I'm beginning to believe that the brightest spot in this dark season was the blowout loss at Navy. At least Lehigh put up points.

We have the talent but not the team leadership. Aggravating. Lots of tough defeats this year. It is what it is.

World
October 27th, 2018, 11:29 PM
Hummm Lovett left the game midway in the 3rd quarter. But no doubt Princeton is very good. But I won’t concede that any ‘Gate win is cheapened.

actually, Lovett left the game not midway in the 3rd, but at the beginning, after one Princeton series

and not saying that Colgate's win is cheapened...both played at different times in the season

the last indian
October 27th, 2018, 11:36 PM
I was not at the Princeton game, but it was reported that he came out with 9:53 left in the 3rd qtr. Don’t hold me to the precise seconds, but that is what I recall. But this is not worth arguing about. Too bad the Ivies don’t have a post season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 28th, 2018, 10:20 AM
They just for their asses destroyed 56-0 by a 1-6 team. Seems to me like a serious disruption is in order. Just my 2c ;)

Exactly. The players have quit on the staff. Any coach that can get max effort out of the current roster will see drastic improvement almost immediately. Will they go from 1-10 to 8-3 or 9-2? Highly unlikely. But given the current state of the league simply being competent will result in a better product on the field.

There's been plenty of instances of a new staff paying immediate dividends. HC's recruiting class actually improved last year with the Chesney hiring iirc.

DFW HOYA
October 28th, 2018, 12:16 PM
We have the talent but not the team leadership. Aggravating. Lots of tough defeats this year. It is what it is.

We have the team leadership but not the talent.

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 28th, 2018, 12:23 PM
We have the team leadership but not the talent.

Let's combine our programs then!

Bill
October 28th, 2018, 12:39 PM
Let's combine our programs then!

Well, you both have the whole religion thing in common :)