PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Bison OOC Schedule

POD Knows
October 19th, 2018, 10:07 AM
When I first saw this OOC for 2019, I thought, well, we got 4 cupcakes. It looks like it might be down to 3 cupcakes (Butler is an insult to cupcakes), but I would like some feedback as to how these teams will look in 2019:

UND
UC Davis
Delaware

All are home games except for the Hens. I was kind of hoping for an easy 4-0 start, now it looks like it might be a lot tougher.

Comments

Sader87
October 19th, 2018, 10:14 AM
Have FBS teams turned down/avoided scheduling the Bizon?

Professor Chaos
October 19th, 2018, 10:20 AM
I know as Bison fans we like to **** on UND but I don't think they'll be a cupcake either next year. It's very possible 3 of those 4 games are against playoff teams from this year.

The Bison will also be breaking in a new QB that'll likely be a redshirt freshman along with losing their top two RBs (although they're still loaded there), 3 of 5 starting O-lineman, and their best WR.

They'll also be replacing their entire starting D-line (including an All-American in DE Greg Menard), 2 of 3 LBs, their best CB in Jalen Allison, and their All-American SS Robbie Grimsley.

We know the Bison reload as well as anyone in the country and they've got 18 juniors on the roster this year so the cupboard will be far from bare but it'll be an interesting OOC season for NDSU next year that's for sure.

For now though I'm just going to enjoy this 24 man senior class and 2018 Bison team before worrying too much about next year.

Have FBS teams turned down/avoided scheduling the Bizon?
Oh yeah... and it's been like that for 5+ years now probably. They've got a game against Oregon in 2020 and after that they've got Arizona in 2022 and Colorado in 2024 but nothing else in terms of FBS games on future schedules. This year's and next year's senior classes for NDSU will get a total of one FBS game in their college careers (2016 against Iowa).

Gangtackle11
October 19th, 2018, 10:33 AM
Ik Villanova is at Bucknell in ‘19 xpeacex

POD Knows
October 19th, 2018, 10:35 AM
Have FBS teams turned down/avoided scheduling the Bizon?No, we have Oregon in 2020, Arizona in 2022 and Colorado in 2024

centennial
October 19th, 2018, 10:44 AM
No, we have Oregon in 2020, Arizona in 2022 and Colorado in 2024

The point still stands. No G5 will schedule NDSU. And even with P5 NDSU is pretty limited. I would love for NDSU to embarrass Wyoming, or play against Boise. Also NDSU vs Alburn or Missouri or Georgia or Florida would be fun.

Silenoz
October 19th, 2018, 10:48 AM
Davis will lose Doss, but still have Maier. Dunno about the rest of the team, I guess I'll learn when they kick our ass next week.

And that is not a cupcake schedule. You're just spoiled by your own success and like to overuse that word.

POD Knows
October 19th, 2018, 11:13 AM
Davis will lose Doss, but still have Maier. Dunno about the rest of the team, I guess I'll learn when they kick our ass next week.

And that is not a cupcake schedule. You're just spoiled by your own success and like to overuse that word.It was sort of a cupcake schedule when it was announced, which was my point, but these teams have made pretty bis strides just this year and we lose 25 seniors or something. I think it is going to be real interesting.

JSUSoutherner
October 19th, 2018, 11:47 AM
I know as Bison fans we like to **** on UND but I don't think they'll be a cupcake either next year. It's very possible 3 of those 4 games are against playoff teams from this year.

The Bison will also be breaking in a new QB that'll likely be a redshirt freshman along with losing their top two RBs (although they're still loaded there), 3 of 5 starting O-lineman, and their best WR.

They'll also be replacing their entire starting D-line (including an All-American in DE Greg Menard), 2 of 3 LBs, their best CB in Jalen Allison, and their All-American SS Robbie Grimsley.

We know the Bison reload as well as anyone in the country and they've got 18 juniors on the roster this year so the cupboard will be far from bare but it'll be an interesting OOC season for NDSU next year that's for sure.

For now though I'm just going to enjoy this 24 man senior class and 2018 Bison team before worrying too much about next year.

Oh yeah... and it's been like that for 5+ years now probably. They've got a game against Oregon in 2020 and after that they've got Arizona in 2022 and Colorado in 2024 but nothing else in terms of FBS games on future schedules. This year's and next year's senior classes for NDSU will get a total of one FBS game in their college careers (2016 against Iowa).
At least you guys have games. As far as I know, nobody has even talked to us since Auburn.

AggiePride
October 19th, 2018, 11:52 AM
Hawkins is just getting rolling.

Professor Chaos
October 19th, 2018, 02:28 PM
At least you guys have games. As far as I know, nobody has even talked to us since Auburn.
There was a somewhat confrontational editorial written by Mike McFeely of the Fargo Forum a while back that insinuated that the main thing needed in order for schools like NDSU (or JSU for that matter) to schedule FBS teams was persistence. Of course he gleaned that from probably a half hour interview with the guy in charge of JMU's scheduling. As a disclaimer the Forum and NDSU Athletics have a somewhat strained relationship and McFeely is a known "pot-stirrer".

http://inforum.com/opinion/columns/4480332-mcfeely-persistence-key-james-madison-scheduling-fbs-team-ndsu-can-only-wait

So tell Seitz he just needs to be more "persistent". :D

JSUSoutherner
October 19th, 2018, 02:34 PM
There was a somewhat confrontational editorial written by Mike McFeely of the Fargo Forum a while back that insinuated that the main thing needed in order for schools like NDSU (or JSU for that matter) to schedule FBS teams was persistence. Of course he gleaned that from probably a half hour interview with the guy in charge of JMU's scheduling. As a disclaimer the Forum and NDSU Athletics have a somewhat relationship and McFeely a known "pot-stirrer".

http://inforum.com/opinion/columns/4480332-mcfeely-persistence-key-james-madison-scheduling-fbs-team-ndsu-can-only-wait

So tell Seitz he just needs to be more "persistent". :D

I mean I don't really care either way. I like our OOC of EWU, UNA, and UTC more than I would like a guaranteed L. With the OVC as bad as it is we need all the competitive OOC games we can get.

Professor Chaos
October 19th, 2018, 02:39 PM
I mean I don't really care either way. I like our OOC of EWU, UNA, and UTC more than I would like a guaranteed L. With the OVC as bad as it is we need all the competitive OOC games we can get.
I'd prefer both but I've come to accept the fact FBS games and home/home agreements with premier FCS schools are kind of mutually exclusive for NDSU given their scheduling philosophy of wanting/needing 2 OOC home games per year.

NDSU told the B1G that they needed to get better as a conference before they'd get back on NDSU's schedule. :D

caribbeanhen
October 19th, 2018, 02:42 PM
When I first saw this OOC for 2019, I thought, well, we got 4 cupcakes. It looks like it might be down to 3 cupcakes (Butler is an insult to cupcakes), but I would like some feedback as to how these teams will look in 2019:

UND
UC Davis
Delaware

All are home games except for the Hens. I was kind of hoping for an easy 4-0 start, now it looks like it might be a lot tougher.

Comments

UC Davis will be looking good, not talking about the team.... talking about the camera man for home games... very strategic on how to keep me from dozing off during those timeouts..... Bigsky TV is pretty good looking

ST_Lawson
October 19th, 2018, 03:23 PM
NDSU told the B1G that they needed to get better as a conference before they'd get back on NDSU's schedule. :D

Considering you guys could beat probably half the conference at least (maybe a few more on a good day), that doesn't surprise me.

geaux_sioux
October 19th, 2018, 05:41 PM
We lose one OL, two stud DL, one All American CB, two of our stud RBs, a TE, and one very good OLB. Our trouble spot will be at NG next year. We should be pretty good though.

cx500d
October 19th, 2018, 06:23 PM

UND
UC Davis
Delaware

Comments

Butler curb stomped Youngstown this year, didn’t they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cx500d
October 19th, 2018, 06:26 PM

UND
UC Davis
Delaware

Comments

UC Davis I think may be the best in the Big Fluffer this year.

Delaware? No clue. BRACCO....BRAWK

Fhawkers looks like they are decent this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POD Knows
October 19th, 2018, 06:34 PM
We lose one OL, two stud DL, one All American CB, two of our stud RBs, a TE, and one very good OLB. Our trouble spot will be at NG next year. We should be pretty good though.will you be able to throw the ball? Because if you can't, you are screwed.

POD Knows
October 19th, 2018, 06:35 PM
Butler curb stomped Youngstown this year, didn’t they?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkYea, so has everybody else.

POD Knows
October 19th, 2018, 06:37 PM
UC Davis I think may be the best in the Big Fluffer this year.

Delaware? No clue. BRACCO....BRAWK

Fhawkers looks like they are decent this year.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI am not talking about this year, I am talking about next year and how these teams line up, we would bitch slap each of these teams this year, (Davis might be tough), but next year is an entirely different deal.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 20th, 2018, 06:13 AM
Butler is a true cupcake. Their win against Youngstown was great for them but NDSU will beat them down by 50 or probably less because Coach K will take the foot off the pedal.

UND - will more than likely be a decent game.

Davis - not a cupcake but they will not be a big challenge IMO. Davis doesn't play much defense...ever.

Delaware - road game but it might be closer than this year's game.

Trey Lance will be the QB next year. Hotchkiss is too small (build) and is not mobile or has a strong arm compared to Lance. TL is the real deal.

NDSU does lose many starters but the recruiting has been outstanding the last few years so I envision a reload. OL will be better next year IMO. Younger Volson should be playing over Bacon right now.