View Full Version : NEC Pick 'em - Week 8

RedFlash
October 18th, 2018, 10:50 AM
Saturday October 20th

Central State (D-2) at Robert Morris – 12:00 pm
Duquesne at St. Francis – 12:00 pm
Sacred Heart at Central Connecticut St. - 1:00 pm
Bryant at Fordham - 1:00 pm

The addition of LIU Post will help alleviate some of the scheduling difficulties NEC teams face each year as demonstrated by RMU having to play its second D-2 opponent of the year this week. RMU should get its second win of the season.

St. Francis will try to turn their season around on Saturday as they look to overcome their 3rd heartbreaking loss of the season. They’ve now missed a game winning 29 yard FG (at Lehigh) and given up game winning TD’s with 1.7 (vs. Richmond) and 6.4 seconds (at Wagner) left in the game. Injuries have hurt them, but last week it was the 1st quarter suspension of their top two wide receivers that impacted things more than anything. The offense was non-existent in the first half against a Wagner defense that had given up an average of 50.6 points to its D-1 foes this season. Meanwhile, Duquesne has had some close games with Valpo, Dayton and Bryant this season and finally got things going on the ground this past weekend against RMU. If they can run the ball against StFU, the Dukes should win this one.

CCSU had little trouble against Bryant last week – which was a bit of a surprise given Bryant’s win over Duquesne the week before. CCSU has been really hard to figure out – with the loss to Lafayette being the most surprising. Still, they seem to have righted the ship since then and a win here would put them in the driver’s seat for a second consecutive conference title.

Speaking of Bryant, I’m guessing last week’s loss was the result of a letdown after an emotional one point win at Duquesne. I’m taking them to win over Fordham, but I would not be surprised if Fordham wins this one.

bonarae
October 18th, 2018, 02:15 PM
Robert Morris
Duquesne
CCSU
Fordham