PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-20

JALMOND
October 17th, 2018, 10:31 PM
I'm currently sitting at 44-14 so far for the year and still have not had a perfect week. Maybe with Portland State off I can get perfection this time. Hopefully I don't go the other way and pick all losers. Here are this week's picks for the Big Sky. Hoping for perfection

ISU at Liberty (FBS Independent)---After their heartbreaking loss at Davis last week, the Bengals head across the country and make a step up to the FBS. They should win, but, well, they should win...ISU 38, Liberty 34.

MSU at WSU---The conference game of the week. The Bobcats coming off a close win at home to Idaho, head to face the Wildcats in their tough home. The Wildcats are feeling good after grounding the high flying Eagle attack...WSU 21, MSU 16.

NAU at UNC---The Lumberjacks are beginning to feel good about themselves whether or not Cookus comes back. The Bears have had a hard go at it this whole season. They have to think things will improve but they need to work on their luck first...NAU 35, UNC 17

North Dakota at SAC---Speaking of luck, the Hornets need to find some themselves in order to get a win. Conference wins have been tough to come by and they get the hot and cold Hawks team to come to town. Can this finally be their chance?...SAC 28, North Dakota 23.

SUU at UI---The Thunderbirds finally broke through and got a hard victory last week at the hands of Sacramento State. The Vandals came so close to getting a huge road win at Montana State, and they may have finally turned the corner...UI 28, SUU 17.

UCD at CP---The Aggies earned respect and admiration after their comeback win last week. Could they possibly suffer a letdown on the road to the Mustangs who have had two weeks to prepare for their rival? Maybe a small one but nothing to worry...UCD 38, CP 28.

mvemjsunpx
October 17th, 2018, 10:46 PM
Davis 31-21 Cal Poly — Could be a trap game, but Davis's run D has been solid

NoDak 35-27 Sac — In conference play, Sac has only scored 1 second-half touchdown

Suutah 24-27 Idaho — Idaho has played 6 games and they've forced a whopping 1 turnover xeyebrowx

Montana St. 10-20 Weber — Weber is a top-10 team despite converting only 19.8% of their third downs

NAU 31-20 NoCo — It sounds like Cookus is still out, but the Bears' O-line is just too terrible

Idaho St. 24-35 Falwell St. — This is winnable for the Bengals, but the Flames' home-field advantage is formidable

bonarae
October 18th, 2018, 12:21 AM
ISU orange
Weber State
NAU
North Dakota
Idaho
UC Davis

wapiti
October 18th, 2018, 09:37 AM
ISU 28 at Liberty 35 --- ISU gave a good UC-Davies team all they could handle. Now a road trip to a FBS team that is 3-3 with a hom hum schedule, but ISU will have its hands full with this one.

MSU 35 at WSU 42---BBQ beat EWU and EWU thumped MSU. Based on that and the game is in Odgen the BBQ should be cooking the Bobcats. The Cat's will get some points in garbage time.

NAU 32 at UNC 28---Will NAU have another swoon. If so, it will need to be starting soon. But this is a struggling UNC team.

North Dakota 25 at SAC 28---Sac seemed to have so much promise to start the season, but now they are pretty much out of the playoff picture and playing spoiler role. UND on the other hand has been having a good year. This game is @ Sac.

SUU 22 at UI 36---I would imagine UI fans are a bit flabergasted in their first season back as a FSC team. SUU is working on their bad year.

UCD 44 at CP 23---Is this considered a rivalry game? I would think so. On paper UC-Davis is the favorite for this one and I will stick with that.

Nodak78
October 18th, 2018, 09:40 AM
ISU 28 at Liberty 35 --- ISU gave a good UC-Davies team all they could handle. Now a road trip to a FBS team that is 3-3 with a hom hum schedule, but ISU will have its hands full with this one.

MSU 35 at WSU 42---BBQ beat EWU and EWU thumped MSU. Based on that and the game is in Odgen the BBQ should be cooking the Bobcats. The Cat's will get some points in garbage time.

NAU 32 at UNC 28---Will NAU have another swoon. If so, it will need to be starting soon. But this is a struggling UNC team.

North Dakota 25 at SAC 28---Sac seemed to have so much promise to start the season, but now they are pretty much out of the playoff picture and playing spoiler role. UND on the other hand has been having a good year. This game is @ Sac.

SUU 22 at UI 36---I would imagine UI fans are a bit flabergasted in their first season back as a FSC team. SUU is working on their bad year.

UCD 44 at CP 23---Is this considered a rivalry game? I would think so. On paper UC-Davis is the favorite for this one and I will stick with that.

The big question is can the Griz survive the bye week.xeyebrowx

MSUBobcat
October 18th, 2018, 10:31 AM
ISU-oh! @ Christian Internet U. - The power of Christ compels you!
Kittens @(former) Mormon Campus U. - See above
Paul Bunyan @ Teddy Ruxpin - NoCo having a tough year
Boys formerly named Sioux @ Scrotum State - Sac continues to underwhelm
Sparrows @ childish criminals - struggling Idaho against a struggling SUU team, taking the home cookin'
State College of California at Davis @ Polly Pocket - being at home for a rivalry game won't be enough

MSUBobcat
October 18th, 2018, 10:35 AM

If they can keep turnovers to less than 4. I think BYE's D-line eats the Griz up.

Silenoz
October 18th, 2018, 12:45 PM
Depends on how many times the WR are allowed to touch the ball and consequently fumble it

Roamingriz
October 19th, 2018, 05:58 PM
Idaho St. v Liberty - I remember that Liberty is a tough place to play but that doesn't mean they win. I'll bet they get caught flat footed and ISU runs past them. ISU 35 Liberty 28

MTST v Weber - Not so great offense vs good defense. Terrible offense vs pretty good defense. The best unit on the field will be Weber's D to win the game. But I bet the cats score more than 6 at least.... MTST 7 Weber 17

NAU v UNCO - I still buy that NoCO is game, with a baller receiver, but i'm not buying a win here. NAU may not figure it out this year but they know how to win. NAU 33 UNC 23

UND v Sac - None of that let down business, I think UnD stuffs Sacramento. Sac pulls the lid off a couple times but that's it. UND 34 Hairnets 21

SUU v Idaho - Good matchup. S.Utah must feel a win here. Idaho makes a stand if not filling the stands. Kind of a pillow fight but of equal weight class. SUU 18 UI 21

UC Davis v Cal Poly - Poly secondary hasn't shown the horses to keep with Davis' receiving corps. Wrong kind of team to face with the triple option. Especially if they turn it over a time or two..... Easy Davis 45 Poly 22

JALMOND
October 21st, 2018, 01:53 PM
I'm currently sitting at 44-14 so far for the year and still have not had a perfect week. Maybe with Portland State off I can get perfection this time. Hopefully I don't go the other way and pick all losers. Here are this week's picks for the Big Sky. Hoping for perfection

ISU at Liberty (FBS Independent)---After their heartbreaking loss at Davis last week, the Bengals head across the country and make a step up to the FBS. They should win, but, well, they should win...ISU 38, Liberty 34.

MSU at WSU---The conference game of the week. The Bobcats coming off a close win at home to Idaho, head to face the Wildcats in their tough home. The Wildcats are feeling good after grounding the high flying Eagle attack...WSU 21, MSU 16.

NAU at UNC---The Lumberjacks are beginning to feel good about themselves whether or not Cookus comes back. The Bears have had a hard go at it this whole season. They have to think things will improve but they need to work on their luck first...NAU 35, UNC 17

North Dakota at SAC---Speaking of luck, the Hornets need to find some themselves in order to get a win. Conference wins have been tough to come by and they get the hot and cold Hawks team to come to town. Can this finally be their chance?...SAC 28, North Dakota 23.

SUU at UI---The Thunderbirds finally broke through and got a hard victory last week at the hands of Sacramento State. The Vandals came so close to getting a huge road win at Montana State, and they may have finally turned the corner...UI 28, SUU 17.

UCD at CP---The Aggies earned respect and admiration after their comeback win last week. Could they possibly suffer a letdown on the road to the Mustangs who have had two weeks to prepare for their rival? Maybe a small one but nothing to worry...UCD 38, CP 28.

3-3 for this week, moves me to 47-17 for the year. Not one of my better efforts.