October 14th, 2018, 05:58 PM
Acu
sam
sfa
incarnate word
nw state

Outsider1
October 14th, 2018, 06:35 PM
The games are getting a little harder to predict at this point, but I still feel the teams that have been proven battle tested and superior will win for the most part.

ACU at SLU ( No promises for us, but if we show up like we did yesterday, control their OL, and protect Luke, then we should be able to keep our momentum going. If we feel we are already there, then we lose.)
SHSU at Lamar (Sammy, you guys are still the better team.)
SFA at HBU (Jacks, your defense will be too much, but if HBU shows up like they did yesterday, they will still give you fits.)
McNeese at UIW (Man, Cowboys you will have your hands full. Still, Lamar finally put them in their place yesterday and I think you will too, your bye also helps you out. Their offense only gets them so far.)
NWST at UCA ​(Bears, you too are still the better team.)

McNeese72
October 14th, 2018, 07:26 PM
ACU at SLU: This is a tossup game for me. Going with the home team.
SHSU at Lamar: I think Sam handles this one easily
SFA at HBU: I think SFA has the better defense.........wait does HBU have a defense???
McNeese at UIW: Homer pick. But the Cowboys better be ready for this game. Hopefully they will find some offense to go along with the defense.
NWST at UCA: NWST is a little better but not good enough yet

Doc

Katfan
October 14th, 2018, 07:40 PM
We are pretty beat up. We have 4 of our o-line out, hopefully they start coming back. We’re playing a lot of freshman and sophomores on both sides and a lot of mistakes that go with that. I still think we win at Lamar but it won’t surprise me if we lose one we should win.

katss07
October 14th, 2018, 10:20 PM
We are pretty beat up. We have 4 of our o-line out, hopefully they start coming back. We’re playing a lot of freshman and sophomores on both sides and a lot of mistakes that go with that. I still think we win at Lamar but it won’t surprise me if we lose one we should win.
Our O-Line was bad yesterday, but don’t buy any excuses KCK is giving. This team has the talent to run the table and make the playoffs. It’s not like the remaining schedule is a gauntlet. UIW might be tough. We get ACU at home.

McNeese75
October 14th, 2018, 11:03 PM
ACU at SLU Maybe ACU has got some Mojo going but SLU is still dangerous
SHSU at Lamar
SFA at HBU This could be a pickem
McNeese at UIW If the D can't slow down their O this is just a Homer wish.
NWST at UCA

bonarae
October 15th, 2018, 12:55 AM
ACU
SHSU
SFA
McNeese (toss-up)
UCA

Daytripper
October 15th, 2018, 05:58 AM
ACU at SLU - ACU begins their time as a real threat to the rest
SHSU at Lamar - SHSU continues to get better as Brock gains experience
SFA at HBU - HBU gains confidence from their near miss. SFA continues to struggle
McNeese at UIW - UIW bounces back. McNeese has trouble scoring
NWST at UCA - UCA wins a close one

McGeaux
October 15th, 2018, 09:11 AM
ACU
SHSU
SFA
MSU
UCA

bwbear
October 15th, 2018, 09:59 AM
ACU at SLU
SHSU at Lamar
SFA at HBU
McNeese at UIW
NWST at UCA

The McNeese/UIW game is almost a coin toss for me. I think the defense of McNeese is the difference. A few critical stops at the right time gives them a close win.

BEAR
October 15th, 2018, 11:45 AM
ACU at SLU- Lions are playing for PRIDE..at home..and gave the Bears a heck of a game. Cornered lions are dangerous. Lions by 7
SHSU at LAMAR- Upset special. Bearkat kryptonite. xlolx
SFA at HBU- HBU impressed me in the loss to us. Effort was there. They have improved but can't close it. SFA confuses the frick outta me. I'm going with HBU at home.
McNeese at UIW- Upset special #2. Ok. I really want the Cowboys to lose so we can have a CHANCE at the conference since we play them the week after! xlolx
NWST at UCA - UCA third string QB now starter looks VERY confident at home.

Of course none of my picks are based on actual science. Just wishful thinking in some games. xnodxxlolx I'll post some stats soon!

FormerPokeCenter
October 15th, 2018, 03:09 PM
ACU
SHSU
SFA
McNeese
NWST

McNeese75
October 15th, 2018, 03:48 PM
Of course none of my picks are based on actual science. Just wishful thinking in some games. xnodxxlolx I'll post some stats soon!

There seems to be quite a lot of that from the purple and orange regarding this week's McNeese contest :D

Sammy94
October 15th, 2018, 03:53 PM
There seems to be quite a lot of that from the purple and orange regarding this week's McNeese contest :D

IW has put up some points at home this season. If this game was in Lake Chuck I would have went with the Cowboys.

BEAR
October 15th, 2018, 03:56 PM
From the SLC website:

Saturday, Oct. 20
Sam Houston State at Lamar, 3 p.m. CT, MyTX Beaumont-Port Arthur/ (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KBMT-LD)ESPN+ (http://espnplus.com/)
Northwestern State at Central Arkansas, 6 p.m. CT, Bear Nation Network (http://ucasports.com/watch)
Stephen F. Austin at Houston Baptist, 6 p.m. CT, ESPN3 (http://espn.com/watch)
McNeese at Incarnate Word, 6 p.m. CT, Eleven Sports (http://elevensportsusa.com/)
Abilene Christian at Southeastern Louisiana, 7 p.m. CT, Southland Digital Network (https://southland.org/live)

- - - Updated - - -

Can you blame us?! We don't want the "gold standard" to be the gold standard again...xlolx

McNeese75
October 15th, 2018, 03:57 PM
IW has put up some points at home this season. If this game was in Lake Chuck I would have went with the Cowboys.

Hey, I am not questioning you call here. We (Cowboy Fans) are all waiting for the dam to break one way or the other. More offense or less defense will change things. I (and I am not alone) have not been happy with any of the Cowboy wins this year so far. Defense and special teams have carried the day so far. So if the offense starts moving the ball better then the rankings may be justified. If not and the defense drops off the bubble will bust.

FormerPokeCenter
October 15th, 2018, 04:06 PM
Yeah, I hope they got some **** straight during Open Week...

Outsider1
October 15th, 2018, 04:06 PM
Hey, I am not questioning you call here. We (Cowboy Fans) are all waiting for the dam to break one way or the other. More offense or less defense will change things. I (and I am not alone) have not been happy with any of the Cowboy wins this year so far. Defense and special teams have carried the day so far. So if the offense starts moving the ball better then the rankings may be justified. If not and the defense drops off the bubble will bust.

You guys are still the more experienced and proven team. So, even though I give UIW props for what they are doing, I wonder if the season will begin to wear on them as they face the tougher opponents and the grind begins to catch up. Somehow I think your maturity will win in the end. I could be wrong, but I still give the Cowboys the benefit...

McNeese75
October 15th, 2018, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I hope they got some **** straight during Open Week...

Well "Coach Speak" says they did xlolx
That rubber will meet the road on Saturday

BEAR
October 15th, 2018, 04:31 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29269&stc=1

Catatonic
October 16th, 2018, 07:03 AM
ACU at SLU
SHSU at Lamar
SFA at HBU
McNeese at UIW
NWST at UCA

ACU at SLU. SLU mauled the Wildcats on both sides of the line last year. I don’t look for that to happen again.

- - - Updated - - -

ACU at SLU
SHSU at Lamar
SFA at HBU
McNeese at UIW
NWST at UCA

ACU at SLU. SLU mauled the Wildcats on both sides of the line last year. I don’t look for that to happen again.

Serpentor
October 16th, 2018, 08:34 AM
ACU at SLU
SHSU at Lamar
SFA at HBU
McNeese at UIW
NWST at UCA

Bad day for the home teams.

Serpentor
October 16th, 2018, 08:40 AM
ACU at SLU - ACU seems to be on the upswing, I think they may take this one.
SHSU at Lamar - Pretty dicey for the first half, but the Bearkats pull away in the third quarter
SFA at HBU - Call me crazy, but I think the Huskies take this one. It'll be a sloppy high-scoring game either way.
McNeese at UIW - McNeese needs to prove they deserve their rankings and shutting down the UIW argument should do nicely.
NWST at UCA - The ugly grey field drives the Demons crazy, get mauled by Bears.

BEAR
October 16th, 2018, 09:02 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29275&stc=1

Daytripper
October 16th, 2018, 09:05 AM

If numbers tell the story, ACU should come away with a victory. That's what I predicted anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

If numbers tell the story, ACU should come away with a victory. That's what I predicted anyway.

BEAR
October 16th, 2018, 09:13 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29276&stc=1

BEAR
October 16th, 2018, 09:34 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29279&stc=1

Daytripper
October 16th, 2018, 10:53 AM

That Lamar defense looks brutally bad.

- - - Updated - - -

That Lamar defense looks brutally bad.

BEAR
October 17th, 2018, 02:07 PM
Any news on injuries/suspensions/other that might change the games this week?

UCA- NONE.

Daytripper
October 17th, 2018, 02:14 PM
Put the names of our offensive linemen in a hat and pull out five healthy ones if you can.

BEAR
October 17th, 2018, 02:58 PM
Put the names of our offensive linemen in a hat and pull out five healthy ones if you can.

That bad huh? xlolx I don't know what your coach told your oline against us be we only got ONE sack on you guys. All I heard that week was how your oline was depleted. RIIIIGHT. I'm starting to see orange sandbags on this board...xlolx At least we gave up 11 TFL and 4 sacks because our Oline is young.....and those play calls...ugh...xlolx

McNeese72
October 17th, 2018, 04:12 PM
Any news on injuries/suspensions/other that might change the games this week?

UCA- NONE.

Everything at McNeese is usually top secret stuff. ;)

I did hear we might be getting a few players back with the open date we had last week.

Doc

Outsider1
October 17th, 2018, 04:27 PM
Not a whole lot of news for us really. We had some injuries against Nicholls, but many of them were back out on the field later. We have had a few out over the last couple of games ( that may end up coming back) but it doesn't seem to be affecting us yet. Our early rotating has actually helped us build a strength of depth going later into the season. I remember this was a big trait of NWMS years ago when we would play them in DII. We would beat them early in the season, only to lose to them later in the playoffs. This was something we were hoping Dorrel would bring to ACU.

katstrapper
October 17th, 2018, 04:30 PM
Our O-Line was bad yesterday, but don’t buy any excuses KCK is giving. This team has the talent to run the table and make the playoffs. It’s not like the remaining schedule is a gauntlet. UIW might be tough. We get ACU at home.

What excuses is he giving? I am not sure what Kats fans are talking about. I don't hear him giving excuses. Geez, this team has now won 3 in a row and the offense is averaging 43 points a game since Brock took the reigns. KJ had over 200 yds all purpose yards. Yes the OLine is struggling because of al the injuries, but I think Brock's mobility and the ability to make a quick decision on where to go with the ball has allowed the OL to maintain as best they can.

katstrapper
October 17th, 2018, 04:41 PM

I completely agree with this. I cant seem to get anyone to tell me what is up with Mitchell Watanabe. Is he out for the year? Best OL Kats have.

McNeese75
October 17th, 2018, 04:50 PM
What excuses is he giving? I am not sure what Kats fans are talking about. I don't hear him giving excuses. Geez, this team has now won 3 in a row and the offense is averaging 43 points a game since Brock took the reigns. KJ had over 200 yds all purpose yards. Yes the OLine is struggling because of al the injuries, but I think Brock's mobility and the ability to make a quick decision on where to go with the ball has allowed the OL to maintain as best they can.

I watched the replay of the first half of your game with Northwestern State last night. I assume Jackson went off in the second half right? I just did not notice him being that spectacular in the first half (regarding yards gained, etc) but he is a good looking RB.

Katfan
October 17th, 2018, 05:04 PM
That bad huh? xlolx I don't know what your coach told your oline against us be we only got ONE sack on you guys. All I heard that week was how your oline was depleted. RIIIIGHT. I'm starting to see orange sandbags on this board...xlolx At least we gave up 11 TFL and 4 sacks because our Oline is young.....and those play calls...ugh...xlolx
You are lucky our o-line was so depleted and we started a freshman qb. ��

Katfan
October 17th, 2018, 05:10 PM
I watched the replay of the first half of your game with Northwestern State last night. I assume Jackson went off in the second half right? I just did not notice him being that spectacular in the first half (regarding yards gained, etc) but he is a good looking RB.
I watched the whole game and to be honest I was surprised his numbers were that good. I knew he had a good game but I didn’t know it was that much.

BEAR
October 18th, 2018, 11:55 AM
NWST appears to be efficient in passing and pass defense. But they have a hard time stopping the run. Most stats between UCA and NWST are even so I highlighted those that are vastly different or one that might come into play.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29309&stc=1

Daytripper
October 18th, 2018, 12:18 PM
NWST appears to be efficient in passing and pass defense. But they have a hard time stopping the run. Most stats between UCA and NWST are even so I highlighted those that are vastly different or one that might come into play.

NWST has talent, just not depth. They have a legit QB in Eppler and some BIG wide receivers.

- - - Updated - - -

NWST has talent, just not depth. They have a legit QB in Eppler and some BIG wide receivers.

Outsider1
October 18th, 2018, 01:46 PM
- - - Updated - - -

NWST has talent, just not depth. They have a legit QB in Eppler and some BIG wide receivers.[/QUOTE]

As long as they are wore down by the time we play'em ;)

Daytripper
October 19th, 2018, 04:17 PM
- - - Updated - - -

As long as they are wore down by the time we play'em ;)[/QUOTE]

They played really well the first half. Had me sweating bullets. But our D shut them out in the second half which, if you are familiar with the historical performance of our defense, is quite a feat.

Outsider1
October 19th, 2018, 08:44 PM
As long as they are wore down by the time we play'em ;)

They played really well the first half. Had me sweating bullets. But our D shut them out in the second half which, if you are familiar with the historical performance of our defense, is quite a feat.[/QUOTE]

We have been lacking a 2nd half game for so long, now that we finally have 4 qtrs worth of play in us it is surreal. With teams like NWST, that was a big part of our loss to them last year that I don't want any chance of repeating this year.

McNeese72
October 21st, 2018, 07:34 AM
I decide to participate in these threads this season and the Southland Conference goes fricking crazy!!

Doc

FormerPokeCenter
October 21st, 2018, 10:49 AM
Dammit, Doc....this is all your fault!

Outsider1
October 21st, 2018, 12:52 PM
Dammit, Doc....this is all your fault!

LOL xsmiley_wixxlolx:Dxrotatehx

BEAR
October 21st, 2018, 01:40 PM
I will post the next pickem this afternoon after we get back from the hayrides.

SLC has gone crazy!