PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick'em - Week 8

DFW HOYA
October 14th, 2018, 08:47 AM
This week's games. With two non-conference games remaining, the PL is 7-24 out of league (Colgate 3-0, everyone else 4-24)

Lafayette (1-5, 0-2) at Bucknell (1-6, 1-1)
Bryant (4-2) at Fordham (1-1, 1-5)
Lehigh (1-5, 0-1) at Georgetown (3-4, 2-0)

ColgateTD
October 14th, 2018, 09:46 AM
Bucknell - despite the Pards' "Giant Killer" reputation I'm going with the stout Bison D.
Bryant - despite the Rams' "Giant Killer" reputation I'm going with the Lane Bryant (wo)men.
Georgetown - never thought I'd do this; the Engineers will be thinking about last Saturday for a long, long time; don't see them recovering any time soon.

kdinva
October 14th, 2018, 10:31 AM
Lafayette 13 at Bucknell 24
Bryant 28 at Fordham 20
Lehigh 20 at Georgetown 27

Pards Rule
October 14th, 2018, 01:48 PM
Give me reasons why I should drive from Long Beach Island (LBI), NJ to Lewisburg, PA for Saturday's game, other than taking my kitty Siete who I found on the 7th hole (hence his name) at Bucknell Golf Course at our annual golf vaca in 2017 back to his home grounds, to watch the Pards in this game. I wouldnt be surprised if the Pards started Troy Fisher, a frosh, this week to salvage this season which is quickly, quickly circling the drain. IF he starts, Pards win. Bryant Bulldogs win too and Georgetown finally beats Lehigh.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 14th, 2018, 01:53 PM
Give me reasons why I should drive from Long Beach Island (LBI), NJ to Lewisburg, PA for Saturday's game, other than taking my kitty Siete who I found on the 7th hole (hence his name) at Bucknell Golf Course at our annual golf vaca in 2017 back to his home grounds, to watch the Pards in this game. I wouldnt be surprised if the Pards started Troy Fisher, a frosh, this week to salvage this season which is quickly, quickly circling the drain. IF he starts, Pards win. Bryant Bulldogs win too and Georgetown finally beats Lehigh.

Because it's a great ride out 80 when the leaves are at their peak! Plus, as you mentioned, Bucknell Golf Course is quite good if you can sneak in a round! I went to one Lehigh game last year(I live just north of Scranton) and it was at Bucknell. I love that trip! Great campus and really nice stadium! Plus Lehigh has historically dominated the Bison.

carney2
October 14th, 2018, 01:54 PM

No reason to drive even one block to watch the Pards. And, it will be yet another dose of O'Malley. I'd bet that Fisher will spend yet another week without getting his uniform dirty. For an "offensive genius" Garrett doesn't seem to have much feel for handling his QBs.

ngineer
October 14th, 2018, 07:06 PM
I wouldn't make the trip to Lewisburg, unless someone is being "pardoned". No "Get out of Jail Free" card for the Leotards. Bison cash in their chips via their defense, 19-10.

William Jennings Bryant resurrected is a Bronx tale. Rams have some young players, but not enough. Bryant, 28-21.

Just as the 'pards should waste a fine Saturday traveling to the slammer, I am not investing 12 hours to go see a team that doesn't give a ****. We should be asking the Hoyas permission to wear our colors on Saturday, We crapped the bed on Saturday and will probably still be wearing the evidence. Never in my wildest would I have believed in August that I would be picking the Hoyas, but they are 'rocking'. Hoyas, 27-20.

Pard4Life
October 14th, 2018, 09:09 PM

At home, you can at least change the channel.

Go...gate
October 14th, 2018, 10:42 PM
Because it's a great ride out 80 when the leaves are at their peak! Plus, as you mentioned, Bucknell Golf Course is quite good if you can sneak in a round! I went to one Lehigh game last year (I live just north of Scranton) and it was at Bucknell. I love that trip! Great campus and really nice stadium! Plus Lehigh has historically dominated the Bison.

Yes. The Susquehanna Valley is beautiful in the Fall and next week is pretty much the peak of the season.

bonarae
October 15th, 2018, 12:54 AM
Bucknell
Bryant
Georgetown (oh yeah, times are changing...)

carney2
October 15th, 2018, 08:00 AM
Lafayette (1-5, 0-2) at Bucknell (1-6, 1-1) – The Lafayette head coach and supposed offensive genius doesn’t seem to have a clue. Bucky won this matchup last year with absolutely no O and will do it again.

Bryant (4-2) at Fordham (1-1, 1-5) – Is Lehigh that bad, or did the Rams suddenly find the keys to the football kingdom? Probably the former.

Lehigh (1-5, 1-1) at Georgetown (3-4, 2-0) – Actually, I think the Quitters win this one, but integrity demands that lifeless roadkill be ignored.

LU73
October 15th, 2018, 12:35 PM
I’m somewhat surprised that DFW has already written off his Hoyas against Lehigh, 1-1 in the league as he sees it.

ngineer
October 15th, 2018, 12:55 PM
Lafayette (1-5, 0-2) at Bucknell (1-6, 1-1) – The Lafayette head coach and supposed offensive genius doesn’t seem to have a clue. Bucky won this matchup last year with absolutely no O and will do it again.

Bryant (4-2) at Fordham (1-1, 1-5) – Is Lehigh that bad, or did the Rams suddenly find the keys to the football kingdom? Probably the former.

Lehigh (1-5, 1-1) at Georgetown (3-4, 2-0) – Actually, I think the Quitters win this one, but integrity demands that lifeless roadkill be ignored.

I don't disagree, based upon the talent I see on paper. Unfortunately, right now the paper is on a roll by the commode. Won't be shocked if the Mhawks win, but I would never bet on it based upon the decaying 'body of work'.

Go...gate
October 15th, 2018, 02:08 PM
You forgot the Colgate match-up at always-tough Open Date!

Lehigh Football Nation
October 15th, 2018, 02:23 PM
You forgot the Colgate match-up at always-tough Open Date!

Fearless prediction: Another shutout.

PAllen
October 15th, 2018, 02:36 PM
Bucknell - Does either team break double digits?

Bryant - Why not?

Georgetown - I don't think Lehigh gets to 20 points in this one. The Hoyas certainly will.

Sader87
October 15th, 2018, 03:03 PM
Side-bet....will those 3 contests draw a combined 10K?

ngineer
October 15th, 2018, 03:26 PM

I'll take the under (unless one of them is a 'special' game like Parents Weekend.)

DFW HOYA
October 15th, 2018, 03:34 PM
I’m somewhat surprised that DFW has already written off his Hoyas against Lehigh, 1-1 in the league as he sees it.

I'll correct the Lehigh number, thanks.

PAllen
October 15th, 2018, 06:10 PM
I'll take the under (unless one of them is a 'special' game like Parents Weekend.)
I'll go with less than 10k even if there is a parents weekend.

LehighU11
October 15th, 2018, 07:22 PM
I'll take the under.
Coffey holds 7,000, but Bryant won't draw a sellout crowd. I'd guess closer to the 2,010 who showed up for Georgetown a week ago.
MSF/Cooper Field/Missing Home Bleachers Stadium has a reduced capacity of 1,850ish.
Bucknell does have Homecoming this weekend. However, they hosted the Pards and just 2,146 for Homecoming 2 years ago this weekend.

TheValleyRaider
October 15th, 2018, 07:36 PM
3-2 last week, 27-10 for the year. Missing both PL games last week, am currently 0-4 picking PL games that don't involve Colgate. 2 of the 3 this week are League contests, time to step up.

Lafayette at Bucknell Bucknell Doesn't this game just have 35-31 written all over it? I mean, in that way that we all expect a slugfest, so obviously points are coming. That's how that works, right? Neither looked remotely threatening against Colgate, but the Bison scored and played some tough defense. Could get ugly? No, it already is.

Bryant at Fordham Bryant Unlike other teams, Fordham is at least coming off a win in their last contest. This same Fordham team also lost a year ago to Bryant, a Fordham that was probably better than this one. Playing at home, it wouldn't surprise me if they get a streak started after beating Lehigh to finally get in the win column, but betting on the PL doesn't seem like the safe play.

Lehigh at Georgetown Georgetown What's more unexpected: picking Georgetown in this game? Or the idea that not picking Georgetown would be the crazier option? What a difference even just a few weeks have made. The Hoyas have already won 2 conference games, both on the road. Now they come home looking for that elusive first win against the Hawks since 1925 (yes, I had to look that up). Are the Hoyas looking ahead to their big trip to Hamilton next weekend? Does Lehigh actually have the juice to make it matter if they are?

ngineer
October 15th, 2018, 11:33 PM
I'll take the under.
Coffey holds 7,000, but Bryant won't draw a sellout crowd. I'd guess closer to the 2,010 who showed up for Georgetown a week ago.
MSF/Cooper Field/Missing Home Bleachers Stadium has a reduced capacity of 1,850ish.
Bucknell does have Homecoming this weekend. However, they hosted the Pards and just 2,146 for Homecoming 2 years ago this weekend.

The MSG bleacher problem is a ...problem. Typically, Lehigh has as many fans in the stadium there as the Hoyas, but with the reduced capacity and Lehigh's uninspiring play, I doubt all 1850 are sold.

PAllen
October 16th, 2018, 06:44 AM
I'll take the under.

So the better question is do they break 5K combined this weekend.

Ivytalk
October 16th, 2018, 09:25 AM
I’ll go with the flow.

Bucky
Anita Bryant
Used to be Catholic

Lehigh Football Nation
October 16th, 2018, 09:31 AM
I’ll go with the flow.

Bucky
Anita Bryant
Used to be Catholic

That's not right, Lehigh used to be Episcopalian

carney2
October 18th, 2018, 09:10 AM
That's not right, Lehigh used to be Episcopalian

But now they've switched to Satanism.

carney2
October 18th, 2018, 10:17 AM
Apparently, the Vegas crowd has gotten into a bad batch of weed:

Lafayette by 9 over Bucknell
Fordham by 3 1/2 over Bryant
Georgetown by 11 over Lehigh.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 18th, 2018, 11:40 AM
Apparently, the Vegas crowd has gotten into a bad batch of weed:

Fordham by 3 1/2 over Bryant
Georgetown by 11 over Lehigh.

Even I am scrambling to find a bookie seeing Georgetown favored by 11 over anybody.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 18th, 2018, 11:41 AM
Georgetown’s Family Weekend football game on Saturday, October 20, vs. Lehigh is currently sold out. Check the Georgetown Athletics website (http://wearegeorgetown.com/tickets/football/) closer to game day for updates on whether additional tickets will be made available at Cooper Field.

https://family.georgetown.edu/fw

Anyone wanting to take that bet on combined less than 10,000 might want to reconsider.

ngineer
October 18th, 2018, 12:04 PM
Georgetown’s Family Weekend football game on Saturday, October 20, vs. Lehigh is currently sold out. Check the Georgetown Athletics website (http://wearegeorgetown.com/tickets/football/) closer to game day for updates on whether additional tickets will be made available at Cooper Field.

https://family.georgetown.edu/fw

Anyone wanting to take that bet on combined less than 10,000 might want to reconsider.

Sold out means 1850 people. Don't know how many would be willing to stand for three hours to watch that performance!

RichH2
October 18th, 2018, 02:54 PM
Ugly week with no Colgate. Has it become our new niche? Ugh.

Rams over Bryant. Why? Well I want to believe that they have improved rather than LU has accelerated its collapse.

Bison over Pards. Bucky D a smidge better. Both Os have shown flashes but not much els

LU over Hoyas. Simple I dont want to accept that we have become the worst team in the PL.
Of course, the bookies dont agree at all favoring Hoyas by 11.

TheValleyRaider
October 18th, 2018, 03:07 PM

Are we sure that's not the Over/Under?

Lehigh Football Nation
October 18th, 2018, 03:10 PM
Are we sure that's not the Over/Under?

I'd have to think about whether Bucknell could score two safeties instead of one, then taking Over 10 might be a good call

van
October 18th, 2018, 06:13 PM
Lafayette (1-5, 0-2) at Bucknell (1-6, 1-1), neither team can score much and Buffs probaby the better D at home

Bryant (4-2) at Fordham (1-1, 1-5), Rams put up a big number last week but you have to consider the opposition

Lehigh (1-5, 0-1) at Georgetown (3-4, 2-0), stupid homer pick

Go...gate
October 18th, 2018, 06:48 PM
Lafayette 14, Bucknell 13

Fordham 23, Bryant 17

Georgetown 24, Lehigh 20

Bonus Picks:

Princeton 30, Harvard 28

Hun 33, Lawrenceville 24

Leopard Loyalist
October 18th, 2018, 11:13 PM
The picks get harder with fewer ooc games!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 18th, 2018, 11:14 PM
Bucknell 17 Lafayette 10
Fordham 38 Bryant 35
Georgetown 27 Lehigh 17

Ivytalk
October 19th, 2018, 07:13 AM
Lafayette 14, Bucknell 13

Fordham 23, Bryant 17

Georgetown 24, Lehigh 20

Bonus Picks:

Princeton 30, Harvard 28

Hun 33, Lawrenceville 24
My dad was a Lawrenceville man, so I’m going with the Big Red.

carney2
October 19th, 2018, 07:17 AM
As of 5 minutes ago the odds makers had Georgetown by 14 over Lehigh and Lafayette by 9 1/2 over Bucknell. I'd be willing to wager a bob or two that Lafayette won't even score 9 points against Bucky, let alone beat them by 9. Maybe the same for Georgetown getting 14.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 19th, 2018, 07:21 AM
As of 5 minutes ago the odds makers had Georgetown by 14 over Lehigh and Lafayette by 9 1/2 over Bucknell. I'd be willing to wager a bob or two that Lafayette won't even score 9 points against Bucky, let alone beat them by 9. Maybe the same for Georgetown getting 14.

The Hoyas put up 35 on Lehigh last year. Gunther Johnson looked like Tom Brady. This is easily Georgetown's best chance to beat Lehigh heading into the game.

LehighU11
October 19th, 2018, 07:37 AM
Georgetown will put up 20+. Their offense appears to have improved from last year. Lehigh's defense is no better than last year, and their offense and Tavani-esque play calling has led to more 3-and-outs than Frankosaurus could imagine.

Very sad to see Lehigh drop to such depths that Georgetown is a consensus favorite, despite 17 years without ever winning this game. Even in 2007, a relatively down year at 5-6 for the LU program, I recall the mother for Lehigh's QB repeatedly calling for Lehigh to allow a "courtesy score" for Georgetown. The final that day wound up being 49-0 at Goodman. It may take a few courtesy scores for the Brown and White to win on Saturday.

Sader87
October 19th, 2018, 08:35 AM
This has to be the most uninspiring weekly slate of PL games evah....dear Christ.

Gangtackle11
October 19th, 2018, 09:13 AM
BUCKNELL
FORDHAM
GEORGETOWN

Hun 42-7. No way Big Red hangs with Hun.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 19th, 2018, 11:20 AM
As I am doing my Game Breakdown, I noted that Hoya QB Gunther Johnson scored 5 TDs on Lehigh's defense alone last year (3 passing, 2 rushing).

Pards Rule
October 19th, 2018, 11:36 AM
Because it's a great ride out 80 when the leaves are at their peak! Plus, as you mentioned, Bucknell Golf Course is quite good if you can sneak in a round! I went to one Lehigh game last year(I live just north of Scranton) and it was at Bucknell. I love that trip! Great campus and really nice stadium! Plus Lehigh has historically dominated the Bison.

Well Im going to have to pass as had hernia surgery yesterday...

Pards Rule
October 19th, 2018, 11:44 AM
When was the last time GU beat LU?

UNHWildcat18
October 19th, 2018, 12:03 PM
Bucknell 31- Lafayette-24 bison kick the spotted kitties in the nuts late
Bryant 28 Fordham-21 the rising NEC program beats the hornless rams
Georgetown 42- Lehigh-23 Georgetown drubs lehigh with another bad loss. lehigh looks worse than any other FCS team IMO

Lehigh Football Nation
October 19th, 2018, 12:23 PM
When was the last time GU beat LU?

1925. Lehigh went 3-5-1 that year and didn't score a single point after their star player was put in the hospital vs. Muhlenberg and died the week before the Georgetown game. True story.

Fordham
October 19th, 2018, 12:47 PM
1925. Lehigh went 3-5-1 that year and didn't score a single point after their star player was put in the hospital vs. Muhlenberg and died the week before the Georgetown game. True story.
yikes! Just when one thought a PL thread couldn't get any more depressing ...

Lehigh Football Nation
October 19th, 2018, 12:56 PM
Game Breakdown and Fearless Prediction:

https://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2018/10/2018-week-7-georgetown-game-breakdown.html

Fun fact: The line in the Lehigh game was Georgetown -15 at one point.

Fordham
October 19th, 2018, 02:25 PM
On a different note, we're around the midpoint of the season. Seems like a good time to take stock of the seasons we're all having.

Stock (way) up:
Colgate. They are having an historic season and all of a sudden the 17 points HC put up on them looks pretty good. Given their record of making noise in the FCS playoffs this could be the best PL representative heading into round 1 that we've had in a long time.

Rising:
Holy Cross. Arguments for their trajectory on either side since there have been some clunkers in there but with a new staff who has their team believing in them I think they're on the rise. Add in what appears to be phenomenal recruiting along with facility upgrades and I think they're on their way to be the likeliest program to give Colgate fans pause in the next few years.

Holding steady:
Georgetown. It's easy to put them in the Rising category since Sgarlata is doing a great job with less than any other PL school provides in terms of support. The truth is that they're likely similar to the other years he's coached (which is great) but appear to be on the rise due to the rest of the PL dropping so quickly.

Bucknell. Could easily put them in the Dropping category but they seem to always be a team who can lose to any team on their schedule but still beat your team even though you're favored heading into that game. That just seems to be the way Bucknell has been throughout the Susan era to me.

Dropping:
Lafayette - not sure what happened this year but it's really stunning to me since I thought they showed signs of turning things around and also recruiting well. The Garrett regime has lost some luster but it could turn around quickly imo. Candidly, not sure what the difference between last year's seeming over-achievers and this year's under-achievers is but it may just take another year of their recruits to finally be upperclassmen for things to kick in.

Falling Like a Stone:
Lehigh - no need to pile on here as it's been discussed ad nauseum with Engineer faithful leading the charge. The bright spot imo is that this should likely usher in a new staff and the facilities, program history, support and quality of the education all should mean HUGE interest from up and coming coaches and the kind of turnaround that should lead the program higher than it's been since the 80's/90's imo.

I'm going to let the group decide where to put Fordham. There's no doubt that we have been awful but being close the program I think it's a remnant of what the new staff was left with. Had the previous regime stayed we would be in much worse shape (believe it or not) and I think this new staff suffered through us bottoming out but has the team believing in them still and we're going to be on the upswing. Playing a HUGE amount of true freshmen on both sides of the ball and the staff is recruiting well. We don't have great personnel to fit the physical style of play the staff wants to play but hopefully through recruiting and S&C, we'll grow into it. This weekend will tell us alot about the team to see if we can build off of a great effort on both sides last week. I'm optimistic the new staff has us headed in the right direction even if an honest assessment would put us in one of the last two categories since we were expected to be competitive and, up until last week, have been anything but.

The thoughts are my own. Interested in where everyone else would slot each program thus far.

RichH2
October 19th, 2018, 03:35 PM
On a different note, we're around the midpoint of the season. Seems like a good time to take stock of the seasons we're all having.

Stock (way) up:
Colgate. They are having an historic season and all of a sudden the 17 points HC put up on them looks pretty good. Given their record of making noise in the FCS playoffs this could be the best PL representative heading into round 1 that we've had in a long time.

Rising:
Holy Cross. Arguments for their trajectory on either side since there have been some clunkers in there but with a new staff who has their team believing in them I think they're on the rise. Add in what appears to be phenomenal recruiting along with facility upgrades and I think they're on their way to be the likeliest program to give Colgate fans pause in the next few years.

Holding steady:
Georgetown. It's easy to put them in the Rising category since Sgarlata is doing a great job with less than any other PL school provides in terms of support. The truth is that they're likely similar to the other years he's coached (which is great) but appear to be on the rise due to the rest of the PL dropping so quickly.

Bucknell. Could easily put them in the Dropping category but they seem to always be a team who can lose to any team on their schedule but still beat your team even though you're favored heading into that game. That just seems to be the way Bucknell has been throughout the Susan era to me.

Dropping:
Lafayette - not sure what happened this year but it's really stunning to me since I thought they showed signs of turning things around and also recruiting well. The Garrett regime has lost some luster but it could turn around quickly imo. Candidly, not sure what the difference between last year's seeming over-achievers and this year's under-achievers is but it may just take another year of their recruits to finally be upperclassmen for things to kick in.

Falling Like a Stone:
Lehigh - no need to pile on here as it's been discussed ad nauseum with Engineer faithful leading the charge. The bright spot imo is that this should likely usher in a new staff and the facilities, program history, support and quality of the education all should mean HUGE interest from up and coming coaches and the kind of turnaround that should lead the program higher than it's been since the 80's/90's imo.

I'm going to let the group decide where to put Fordham. There's no doubt that we have been awful but being close the program I think it's a remnant of what the new staff was left with. Had the previous regime stayed we would be in much worse shape (believe it or not) and I think this new staff suffered through us bottoming out but has the team believing in them still and we're going to be on the upswing. Playing a HUGE amount of true freshmen on both sides of the ball and the staff is recruiting well. We don't have great personnel to fit the physical style of play the staff wants to play but hopefully through recruiting and S&C, we'll grow into it. This weekend will tell us alot about the team to see if we can build off of a great effort on both sides last week. I'm optimistic the new staff has us headed in the right direction even if an honest assessment would put us in one of the last two categories since we were expected to be competitive and, up until last week, have been anything but.

The thoughts are my own. Interested in where everyone else would slot each program thus far.

Fordham trending up now from pretty far down.

Pards Rule
October 19th, 2018, 03:54 PM

football related?

LehighU11
October 19th, 2018, 04:42 PM
The line is now Georgetown -18.5. I hope word reaches the team and they finally play with some fire in the belly.

Pards Rule
October 19th, 2018, 06:14 PM
The line is now Georgetown -18.5. I hope word reaches the team and they finally play with some fire in the belly.

wow!!!!

PAllen
October 19th, 2018, 07:02 PM

Not for this coach they won't.

ngineer
October 19th, 2018, 08:09 PM
Well, I'll be off tomorrow morning to watch the Hawks....the REAL Hawks at Hawk Mountain. With my two granddaughters in tow I am guaranteed a winning day!

Lehigh'98
October 19th, 2018, 08:27 PM
I think Coen is about 3 games away from being Lehigh's all time wins leader. If he doesn't get this W here, sadly, I don't believe he will get the record. 18 point dogs to G'town, man that is depressing.

RichH2
October 19th, 2018, 09:07 PM
Well, I'll be off tomorrow morning to watch the Hawks....the REAL Hawks at Hawk Mountain. With my two granddaughters in tow I am guaranteed a winning day!

If you could spread some of that confidence with the players. Hopefully they have enough pride to play with some fire.

Bill
October 19th, 2018, 09:11 PM
I am a depressing 31-7 this year. Maybe we should start a thread about what's wrong with this league?

I can't believe the lines Carney posted. If I was a gambler, I would tease the G-Town & Bucknell games for a big win :)

Go...gate
October 19th, 2018, 09:12 PM

Supposed to be a beautiful day tomorrow. Big day in Central NJ tomorrow with the Far Hills Race north of here. Not attending this year, but have a lot of fine memories of the event from the days when it was less attended and a bit more civilized.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 20th, 2018, 09:24 AM
Bucky
Bryant
Lehigh

Yeah, Lehigh is a homer pick. I have them winning by 1. Hopefully someone makes some big money betting Lehigh -1/2.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2018, 12:19 PM
Bucknell 14 Lafayette 7 Half

Lehigh Football Nation
October 20th, 2018, 12:42 PM
Fordham
https://media1.tenor.com/images/0379fbff8f23ef10013562356f5e8d7a/tenor.gif

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2018, 01:00 PM
O'Malley throws a pick 6

Bison 21-14 5:48 3Q

LehighU11
October 20th, 2018, 01:09 PM
Wow, a basketball game has broken out in Lewisburg.

RichH2
October 20th, 2018, 01:11 PM
Hoyas 7-0
D gives up a 70 yd TD pass. Another blown coverage by our S. Pathetic.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2018, 01:14 PM
Hoyas 7-0
D gives up a 70 yd TD pass. Another blown coverage by our S. Pathetic.

I wonder what the record is for longest average scoring plays allowed for a season. Lehigh would be a strong contender if Cumberland doesn't own the record.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2018, 01:20 PM
Portorreal with a huge catch and run for a TD. There's some speed! But in Lehigh fashion the XP gets blocked and returned for 2 pts...

9-6 Hoyas

RichH2
October 20th, 2018, 01:20 PM
Mayes hits Jorge foe an 85 yd TD.

RichH2
October 20th, 2018, 01:23 PM
Geez GU gets 2 pts on return of block. 9-6 Hoyas.
Sums up LU this year. Do 1 play right follow it up with 2 screw ups. Ugh.

Southsider
October 20th, 2018, 01:24 PM
So, I hope this nightmare ends soon for LU. I pray Sterrett has some QUALIFIED names in his inbox!

RichH2
October 20th, 2018, 01:26 PM
Pards 26-21. Whoever called this for a shootout. Kudos. On the head.

Southsider
October 20th, 2018, 01:44 PM
Worst LU team I have ever seen. Not even close.

BNiche
October 20th, 2018, 01:57 PM
Fordham
https://media1.tenor.com/images/0379fbff8f23ef10013562356f5e8d7a/tenor.gif

Not so fast. TD brings Fordham down 1 to Bryant at halftime. Bryant hasn't scored since the first quarter. Fordham receives after the half.

Pards Rule
October 20th, 2018, 02:01 PM
Pards beat Bucknell, 29-27 FINAL

PAllen
October 20th, 2018, 02:04 PM
So I tune in just to check the score, and I think it's one of those low budget insurance commercials or a high school game. Wow. I must say though, that UPS sponsorship above the Lehigh bench is pretty funny.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2018, 02:14 PM
The LU-Georgetown game is showcasing some of the worst OL play I've seen in a long time.

carney2
Pards beat Bucknell, 29-27 FINAL

Whoda thunk the Pards could score 29 points - in a month, even. And, with some semblance of a running game.

RichH2
An inconsistent D susceptible to big plays matched with an O that cant score. Lehigh so far this season.

Pards Rule
October 20th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Pards had 138 on the ground...Bucknell -2!

DFW HOYA
October 20th, 2018, 02:23 PM
Awful first half to watch. Teams combined for four missed FG's and four dropped INT's.

For those who haven't noticed, Georgetown has NO offense. But does Georgetown have a backup kicker? They need one.

Lehigh 6
Georgetown 9
Halftime

Pards Rule
October 20th, 2018, 02:26 PM
Awful first half to watch. Teams combined for four missed FG's and four dropped INT's.

For those who haven't noticed, Georgetown has NO offense. But does Georgetown have a backup kicker? They need one.

Lehigh 6
Georgetown 9
Halftime
Wow...what we expected I guess....Didnt they score 13 last week

DFW HOYA
October 20th, 2018, 02:38 PM
Georgetown's Gunther Johnson 8-19 for 130. Take away the first throw, and he's 7-18 for 60. Very poor.

BNiche
October 20th, 2018, 02:41 PM
Blocked extra point against Bryant, failed fourth down convertion by Fordham, immediate interception, and immediate TD for Fordham. Exciting stuff.

Fordham 34
Bryant 27
Mid 3rd quarter

Pards Rule
October 20th, 2018, 03:44 PM
Minutes left in 4th, Georgetown 9 Lehigh 9

RichH2
October 20th, 2018, 03:47 PM
Hoya FG blocked. OT . One takeaway. These are the 2 worst OLs I have seen this year.

DFW HOYA
October 20th, 2018, 03:48 PM
Yes, the worst kicking display in league history.

FIVE missed field goals.

DFW HOYA
October 20th, 2018, 03:50 PM
Repeat. FIVE

Pards Rule
October 20th, 2018, 03:51 PM
Wow FIVE!? Going to OT DFW???

RichH2
October 20th, 2018, 04:01 PM
16-16 after 1 OT.

Pards Rule
October 20th, 2018, 04:02 PM
It goes to two OT or 3 OT?

TheValleyRaider
October 20th, 2018, 04:07 PM
Congrats Hoyas

See you next week :)

Lehigh'98
Congratulations Georgetown. Is this rock bottom or can we dig deeper?

Southsider
Good! Pack the moving van. League rules suck, but so does coaching! Glad this f ing debacle is coming to a close. Hell, I’d call the Moravian coach. Can’t do worse.

Pards Rule
October 20th, 2018, 04:09 PM
Congrats Hoyas for first win over Lehigh since 1925

RichH2
October 20th, 2018, 04:09 PM
Congrats to Hoyas.
Lehigh has solidified its hold on last place in PL. Heading to a 1 win season.

Lehigh'98
October 20th, 2018, 04:10 PM
Good! Pack the moving van. League rules suck, but so does coaching! Glad this f ing debacle is coming to a close. Hell, I’d call the Moravian coach. Can’t do worse.

League rules hurt, but our coaching is much more to blame here. Somehow with all the league rules, Colgate is still a top 20 team.

van
October 20th, 2018, 04:11 PM
time to get next year QB some snaps, can't do any worse

ColgateTD
October 20th, 2018, 04:13 PM
Congrats to Pards and Hoyas! Nice wins!

Son of Eli
October 20th, 2018, 04:15 PM
Congrats Hoyas for first win over Lehigh since 1925

Actually the last time Georgetown beat Lehigh was 1917 according to Massey. Congratulations Georgetown!

Neighbor2
October 20th, 2018, 04:15 PM
Congratulations to Georgetown! You've been on a long and bumpy road. Enjoy this stretch.

Southsider
October 20th, 2018, 04:23 PM
League rules hurt, but our coaching is much more to blame here. Somehow with all the league rules, Colgate is still a top 20 team.

I was trying to be nice😠. Tough seasons are to be expected, but you could see this slide coming for years. Despite the w-l record. I have a special needs son who shows more enthusiasm for what he does. This man showing a fat O, and it is reflected in the players. The time to move on has long passed. I truly believe the LU job would attract some good coaching talent. The admin needs to put up or.........it scares me to say it.....

DFW HOYA
October 20th, 2018, 04:27 PM
Actually the last time Georgetown beat Lehigh was 1917 according to Massey. Congratulations Georgetown!

It was 1925, but that's old news.

http://www.hoyasaxa.com/sports/images/lehigh_501.jpg

World
October 20th, 2018, 04:46 PM
Geesh, what is going on with Lehigh this year?

oh, and Congrats to Georgetown on the win

Southsider
October 20th, 2018, 05:07 PM

oh, and Congrats to Georgetown on the win

Nova, Navy, Penn, Princeton, Fordham, and Georgetown. Yes, Georgetown. That’s what is wrong with LeHi

LehighU11
October 20th, 2018, 05:16 PM
Congrats to the Hoyas. A long time coming for them in this series, which has included some very close games against PL championship squads.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 20th, 2018, 05:20 PM

It was 1925, Massey is wrong. And congrats to DFW. No matter how it happened, I know he's waited a long time for this.

LehighU11
October 20th, 2018, 05:44 PM
Heading into the last weekend in October, Georgetown will have as many league wins as Bucknell, Fordham, Holy Cross, Lafayette, and Lehigh combined. That's remarkable.

Go Green
October 20th, 2018, 05:56 PM

Ivy League scholarships.

:)

Lehigh'98
October 20th, 2018, 06:25 PM
Ivy League scholarships.

:)

Nah, we are just flat out terrible. Poorly coached with not a lot of talent. Regardless of what some of our fans say, our biggest problem is ourself, not the ancient eight.

RichH2
October 20th, 2018, 06:40 PM
Nah, we are just flat out terrible. Poorly coached with not a lot of talent. Regardless of what some of our fans say, our biggest problem is ourself, not the ancient eight.

Yup.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2018, 06:51 PM
It's sad to see where Lehigh is at this point. I honestly thought that Lehigh would never lose to Georgetown once the league instituted scholarships. I figured Lehigh would keep blowing Georgetown out until the Hoyas left the Patriot League. The Hoya's being 3-0 in the league is far more reflective of the PL than it is of the Hoyas. Sorry Georgetown but you still have a bad football team. They play hard but there's a clear void in talent. The Dartmouth and Brown scores reflect this. Colgate is going to hammer them next week in Hamilton. This is Lehigh vs Georgetown 2011 all over. That Hoya team finished 8-3.

Coen and the entire staff have to go after this year. Hopefully there's enough well connected alums and former players whose voices matter to push for a change. It's one thing to be bad, it's another thing to be completely inept. Lehigh is legitimately one of the very worst teams in FCS this year. How the hell is that possible?!?!

Pard4Life
October 20th, 2018, 08:33 PM
Thoroughly enjoying this Lehigh season. They will be up for 154 though. True barometer if they have quit. Only way it can get worse if Coen says he's owed money in post game interview...

ngineer
October 20th, 2018, 09:02 PM
last time Lehigh lost six in a row was 1967, when that pitiful squad lost 8 straight after winning their opening game to finish 1-8. (9 game seasons back then). Time to play the 2's and the 3's and start auditions for next year.

Go...gate
October 20th, 2018, 10:34 PM
Worst LU team I have ever seen. Not even close.

Early Dunlap days not so hot, either. But Coen should be gone, and tomorrow.

DFW HOYA
October 20th, 2018, 10:37 PM
Sorry Georgetown but you still have a bad football team. They play hard but there's a clear void in talent. The Dartmouth and Brown scores reflect this. Colgate is going to hammer them next week in Hamilton. This is Lehigh vs Georgetown 2011 all over. That Hoya team finished 8-3.

No one questions that scholarships are a big problem for Georgetown, but the effort over the last three games and not giving up (even when your kicker misses five consecutive field goals, any one of which would have won the game in regulation) would be enough for most teams.

Yes, the offense is still bad and the Hoyas do not scare the Red Raiders. But consider that Georgetown plays just four seniors on offense next year and just three on defense. Wes Bowers, Owen Kessler, Duval Paul, and Xavier Reddick combined for 24 tackles today...all sophomores. And Jackson Saffold, with two TD's in the overtime? A sophomore.

Go Green
October 20th, 2018, 10:40 PM
No one questions that scholarships are a big problem for Georgetown, but the effort over the last three games and not giving up (even when your kicker misses five consecutive field goals, any one of which would have won the game in regulation) would be enough for most teams.

Yes, the offense is still bad and the Hoyas do not scare the Red Raiders. But consider that Georgetown plays just four seniors on offense next year and just three on defense. Wes Bowers, Owen Kessler, Duval Paul, and Xavier Reddick combined for 24 tackles today...all sophomores. And Jackson Saffold, with two TD's in the overtime? A sophomore.

Go Georgetown!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2018, 10:54 PM

Georgetown has done well with what they have to work with. They've been able to take advantage of horrid year for the league. Sgarlata is easily one of the best coaches in the PL. He gets far more out his roster than most everyone else. I get the Hoyas are young but still, the talent level just isn't there. The experience will serve them well moving forward but I'm not sure how many wins it will amount to. Georgetown was 0-6 in the PL in 2016 and 2017. The league is just SO bad.

Go...gate
October 20th, 2018, 11:08 PM

Congratulations to Georgetown. Troubled that some are not giving GU its just due. Baloney to them. You earned a fine victory with a young and improving team. And Colgate will certainly NOT be taking you lightly.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 20th, 2018, 11:22 PM
Congratulations to Georgetown. Troubled that some are not giving GU its just due. Baloney to them. You earned a fine victory with a young and improving team. And Colgate will certainly NOT be taking you lightly.

Not giving them their due? Who is not giving them their "due"? What is Georgetown due at this point? They're taking advantage of an opportunity to have their best league year since 2011. They've beaten 1-6 Lehigh, 1-6 Fordham, 2-5 Lafayette and 3-4 Marist. In their 4 losses they've been outscored 112-30. They're a 4-4 team that's preyed on terrible competition. They've been the more prepared team and done the little things that their below average (to be kind) opponents have failed to. That's the reality. That's not some rainbow and roses nonsense.

You're funny, I love it. You wish and hope a lot. I've noticed that. You'll go against conventional wisdom/common sense just based on blind faith. You were telling the Lehigh fans how they were going to play great against SBU in the playoffs last year or how they'll rebound against Princeton two weeks ago. Lehigh fans were LOL'ing at you knowing the truth. Then you see Lehigh first hand lose 66-7 and now you even want Coen fired.:D

Clearly Colgate won't be taking them lightly. That doesn't change the fact they're going to win going away like Brown and Dartmouth.

Go...gate
October 20th, 2018, 11:56 PM
I love it, too. My high school coaches always admonished me that one plays and wins gracefully and loses with dignity.