PDA

View Full Version : Wk 7...week of upsets

Milktruck74
October 13th, 2018, 06:30 PM
Quick scan of the scores reveals that ........ On ANY Saturday!!!!! Looks like we will see some movement in the top 25....

ElCid
October 13th, 2018, 06:36 PM
Quick scan of the scores reveals that ........ On ANY Saturday!!!!! Looks like we will see some movement in the top 25....

Yeah, but some were upsets simply in people's minds for various reasons. Some teams have been riding reputation a bit too long. And some apparently bad teams were not really as bad as some people viewed them. Obviously the computers got caught but they are limited in their ability to paint reality. But there were some outright upsets in any event.

Reign of Terrier
October 13th, 2018, 07:04 PM
So in the socon, Chattanooga, citadel, samford, and Furman haven't lost to a team with a losing record. Western and VMI are clearly at the bottom, but other than that the only teams that have lost to a team with a losing record are Wofford and Mercer. That may sound awfully pedantic, but it's likely we will have at least 4 or 5 teams with 6+ wins.

There are no such thing as upsets anymore in the socon

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

dbackjon
October 13th, 2018, 07:14 PM
This is going to be an interesting voting experience

jmu007
October 13th, 2018, 08:53 PM
I see UC Davis is also losing....

good grief Charlie Brown. Tomorrow is going to be awful.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 13th, 2018, 09:12 PM
Conference season is in full swing and injuries are starting to add up for teams. It's FCS so everyone SHOULD get one mulligan, maybe two depending on the circumstance. After that it's how can you navigate the murky waters?

jmu007
October 13th, 2018, 09:28 PM
Losing last week sucked but at least everyone else decided to feel bad for us and lose this week lol

AggiePride
October 13th, 2018, 09:28 PM
I see UC Davis is also losing....

good grief Charlie Brown. Tomorrow is going to be awful.

We somehow pulled it back into OT and won xthumbsupx

jmu007
October 13th, 2018, 09:31 PM
Nice. Wish I could’ve watched. Was just following along from espn app.

World
October 13th, 2018, 09:32 PM
Looks like the undefeated Eastern schools are moving up a bit in the polls

not much

but a bit

PAllen
October 14th, 2018, 08:14 AM
Not so much upsets as enough football is now being played to actually start to show who is good and who is not. Relying on the last few years' results for rankings puts you off target from the get go.

Milktruck74
October 14th, 2018, 08:20 AM
Not so much upsets as enough football is now being played to actually start to show who is good and who is not. Relying on the last few years' results for rankings puts you off target from the get go.

While I can't disagree with this entirely, and rankings do play a part in the "favorites"......I'm just talking about teams that have been playing well for the last few weeks just laying an egg, or teams that have not been playing well just stepping up.

cx500d
October 14th, 2018, 11:21 AM
While I can't disagree with this entirely, and rankings do play a part in the "favorites"......I'm just talking about teams that have been playing well for the last few weeks just laying an egg, or teams that have not been playing well just stepping up.

Sometimes teams start the season slow....Its how they finish that count.