PDA

View Full Version : Laycock legacy at W&M.

Tribe4SF
October 10th, 2018, 11:11 PM
My teammate... my friend. So proud of what Jimmye has done for our alma mater.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/jimmye-laycock-is-leaving-william-and-mary-on-his-terms-but-after-39-years-it-wont-be-easy/2018/10/10/1f839854-cc91-11e8-920f-dd52e1ae4570_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8327279e7ea9

dewey
October 10th, 2018, 11:30 PM
Coach Laycock sounds like a great person who helped young men learn how to be better and consistently graduated players. Most importantly he passed up the opportunity to move up to provide a more stable environment for his kids.

I loved this quote from the story.

"“I was struggling academically,” he said. “I just wasn’t doing the job. He sat me down and said, ‘When you leave here, the rest of your life is going to be about providing for your family, about being someone your mom will be proud of. It won’t be about football.’"

Enjoy retirement sir. You have earned it.

Dewey

Pards Rule
October 11th, 2018, 09:02 AM
Great coach. Was so congratulatory after Pards upset down there a few years back

Ivytalk
October 11th, 2018, 10:12 AM
Great story by Feinstein, one of our best college FB writers. It made me a bit verklemmt. My aunt and my late uncle both graduated from W&M in the early 50s and had season tickets for years. Tribe4SF met them. Here’s to Jimmye!xdrunkyx