PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-13

JALMOND
October 10th, 2018, 10:44 PM
After last week's carnage around the conference, I sit at 40-12 for the year, still looking for perfection. This week, Cal Poly and Northern Arizona both are sitting this one out, but everyone else plays. Some great conference games involving the top teams so this could be a tough weekend to pick. Here is my attempt at perfection.

EWU at WSU---Eagles are riding high and the prevailing thought is who is going to bring them down. The Wildcats take their turn, cleaning up their house and welcoming them. Will they be gracious hosts or are they up to add to the topsy-turvy feel from last week...EWU 35, WSU 21.

UI at MSU---Bobcats had last week off, giving them two weeks to prepare for the Vandals, who are finding the conference climb to be a bit tougher than what they encountered in the Sun Belt. Vandals would like a win to jumpstart their season but,...MSU 34, UI 21.

ISU at UCD---What I think is the conference game of the week, the Aggies welcome the Bengals to town. Who had this game pegged as a must watch at the beginning of the year. For the winner, the rest of the year will open up, the loser will have some work to do...UCD 38, ISU 35.

UM at North Dakota---Grizzlies are hoping for a great game to make up for whatever it was that happened last week. Still, the Hawks are relishing jumping on the wounded bear and bringing them down. They just might, but you don't want to mess with a wounded Grizzly...UM 28, North Dakota 27.

UNC at PSU---The Bears, looking for their first win can't seem to catch a break as the Vikings come in riding a euphoric high after dismissing the Grizzlies in their house last week. Its been awhile since the Vikings had to deal with the Grizzly hangover, can they overcome it here...PSU 28, UNC 26.

SAC at SUU---Whatever happened to the Hornets last week was not good as they are slowly watching their hopeful season go awry. The Thunderbirds are game, but still looking for their first win of the year. Can they get it this weekend. Yes, in an upset...SUU 24, SAC 21.

mvemjsunpx
October 11th, 2018, 12:03 AM
NoCo 28-31 Portland St. — I would've definitely picked NoCo 2 weeks ago, but PSU suddenly has confidence

Idaho St. 35-41 Davis — The Aggies are at home, plus they need this game more because ISU doesn't play EWU

Sac 42-31 Suutah — I doubt SUU's defense could stop a team full of mobility-impaired octogenarians at this point

EWU 24-20 Weber — Gubrud is questionable, but I still don't think the Weebs have enough firepower

Idalol 17-34 Montana St. — The Bobcats probably aren't good, but the Vandals are definitely bad

Montana 20-30 NoDak — It looks like the Griz will be entering playoff-survival mode in 4 days

bonarae
October 11th, 2018, 12:46 AM
Portland State
UC Davis
Sacramento State
EWU
Montana State
North Dakota

I'm not sure if the Griz will be 2018's most disappointing FCS team in the end... xdontknowx

mvemjsunpx
October 11th, 2018, 01:38 AM
I'm not sure if the Griz will be 2018's most disappointing FCS team in the end... xdontknowx

Not to me. I picked them to go 5-6. xcoffeex

(7-4 looks like the most likely outcome now, but that won't be good enough for the playoffs with that schedule)

wapiti
October 11th, 2018, 09:09 AM
EWU 38 at WSU 24---The Eagles are on the road against a good opponent, but the Eagles are a great team and take the W

UI 27 at MSU 28---The Bobcats #1 QB is out one game with a bad ankle and the #2 QB is out for the season with a broken foot. This game just became much more interesting. I will go with the home field advantage.

ISU 32 at UCD 35---Game of the week for all of FCS. Home field swings for an extra 3 points and takes the W

UM 21 at North Dakota 27---Before the season started I would have circled the griz for the W, but after last week and being on the road and that UND has taken down some good teams. I pick UND.

UNC 27 at PSU 24---The Vikings are riding high after the W in Missoula. Have they come back to earth for this week's practices and a strong focus on UNC? The Vikings are improving, but the Bears are hungry for a W.

SAC 21 at SUU 24---I would imagine the Thunderbirds are also hungry for a W and with them at home they take the W.

Silenoz
October 11th, 2018, 10:42 AM

(7-4 looks like the most likely outcome now, but that won't be good enough for the playoffs with that schedule)
I had 7-4. That is looking accurate.

I'm also not sure how that could be disappointing considering we haven't made the playoffs in years and are on a first year coach.

MSUBobcat
October 11th, 2018, 10:43 AM
NoCo 28-31 Portland St. — I would've definitely picked NoCo 2 weeks ago, but PSU suddenly has confidence

Idaho St. 35-41 Davis — The Aggies are at home, plus they need this game more because ISU doesn't play EWU

Sac 42-31 Suutah — I doubt SUU's defense could stop a team full of mobility-impaired octogenarians at this point

EWU 24-20 Weber — Gubrud is questionable, but I still don't think the Weebs have enough firepower

Idalol 17-34 Montana St. — The Bobcats probably aren't good, but the Vandals are definitely bad

Montana 20-30 NoDak — It looks like the Griz will be entering playoff-survival mode in 4 days

If you don't think 7-4 is good enough for playoffs (which I definitely agree with), wouldn't that make this week full playoff-survival mode?? If the Griz are needing a loss to UND this weekend to realize the urgency of their season, it'll be too late. xtwocentsx

Silenoz
October 11th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Well a loss would put us at 3, which would mean we have to win out after this weekend.

And, we're just people on a message board. I'm sure the Griz want to win this week more than a little.

MSUBobcat
October 11th, 2018, 10:53 AM
My stab at it:

Portland State - brimming with confidence, at home, against a bad team
Davis College of California - no other reason than being at home; crap shoot
Sac State - 2 teams under-performing going into it.
EWU - too much firepower; king of the hill until someone takes it from them
MSU - rumor has it, Idaho is looking at joining the Frontier Conference
UND - part of me thinks the Griz come out swinging and swinging hard; the other part of me thinks their confidence is bruised and are seeing the post-season going off in the distance; UND has played well at times and are at home

slostang
October 11th, 2018, 10:58 AM
I predict for the third time this season Cal Poly will not lose.

They have a much needed bye before hosting red hot rival UC Davis next week.

MSUBobcat
October 11th, 2018, 11:03 AM
Well a loss would put us at 3, which would mean we have to win out after this weekend.

And, we're just people on a message board. I'm sure the Griz want to win this week more than a little.

Yes, a loss would put them at 3, but I think most are expecting a loss to UC hyphen Davis in 2 weeks. If that happens..... you're going to want MSU coming into the game fairly highly ranked... and then you still have to win the game.

As for the 2nd comment.... if there's players who don't want to avenge a loss like the one last week.... I don't want you on my team.

SochorField
October 11th, 2018, 04:54 PM
UNCO 28-21 Portland St.

Idaho St. 34-56 Davis

Sac 31-35 SUU

EWU 24-20 Weber

Idaho 17-21 Bozeman CC.

Montana 24-35 NoDak

mvemjsunpx
October 11th, 2018, 05:23 PM
Yes, a loss would put them at 3, but I think most are expecting a loss to UC hyphen Davis in 2 weeks. If that happens..... you're going to want MSU coming into the game fairly highly ranked... and then you still have to win the game.

As for the 2nd comment.... if there's players who don't want to avenge a loss like the one last week.... I don't want you on my team.

My point was that, if they lose to UND, the Griz will effectively be in "win out or bust" mode. I suppose they'd have a chance to get in at 7-4 if the bubble is as weak as it was in 2016, but even that would be iffy. 7-4 this year would clearly be weaker than last year's 7-4 given the lack of an FBS game and the fact UM doesn't play most of the better teams in the Big Sky. I'm not even sure an 8-3 record with this schedule would be better than last year's resume, honestly.

Schism55
October 12th, 2018, 02:53 PM
https://twitter.com/HEROSportsHerd/status/1050821622888841216

(https://twitter.com/HEROSportsHerd/status/1050821622888841216)

Grizalltheway
October 12th, 2018, 03:07 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/OCu7zWojqFA1W/giphy.gif

Silenoz
October 12th, 2018, 03:24 PM

Always going after our leftovers.

Do it Gresch. Get ran off by one loudmouth coach who stuck with a running quarterback, to go play for an even loudermouthed coach who plays running backs at quarterback.

Grizalltheway
October 12th, 2018, 03:30 PM
Always going after our leftovers.

Do it Gresch. Get ran off by one loudmouth coach who stuck with a running quarterback, to go play for an even loudermouthed coach who plays running backs at quarterback.

Ran off? From what I understand, he felt entitled to the job and didn't think he should have to compete for it.

Silenoz
October 12th, 2018, 03:32 PM
Ran off? From what I understand, he felt entitled to the job and didn't think he should have to compete for it.

Right. And now he can have his job back, over at Montana State. And by job back I mean play linebacker or whatever it is they do over there.

MSUBobcat
October 12th, 2018, 04:06 PM
Right. And now he can have his job back, over at Montana State. And by job back I mean play linebacker or whatever it is they do over there.

Lots of concern over how the Bobcats utilize the QB position from fans of a team whose QB last week averaged nearly as many yards per rushing attempt, even including the 3 sacks, as he did per pass attempt xrolleyesxxlolx (and I don't care for running as much as we do, but I digress)

Grizalltheway
October 12th, 2018, 04:11 PM
Lots of concern over how the Bobcats utilize the QB position from fans of a team whose QB last week averaged nearly as many yards per rushing attempt, even including the 3 sacks, as he did per pass attempt xrolleyesxxlolx (and I don't care for running as much as we do, but I digress)

I'll go ahead and assume you didn't watch the game, but the lack of passing yards/completions wasn't really on Sneed.

Silenoz
October 12th, 2018, 04:11 PM

No need to be sensitive, I make fun of my own team more than I do the Bobcats.

But yes. Montana schools = great at having really, really, really, really, really, really, really fast quarterbacks. Not so much the other things.

MSUBobcat
October 12th, 2018, 04:13 PM
No need to be sensitive, I make fun of my own team more than I do the Bobcats.

But yes. Montana schools = great at having really, really, really, really, really, really, really fast quarterbacks. Not so much the other things.

Who's being sensitive? Did you miss the laughing emoji?

MSUBobcat
October 12th, 2018, 04:16 PM
I'll go ahead and assume you didn't watch the game, but the lack of passing yards/completions wasn't really on Sneed.

Watched a pretty good amount of it, excluding a good bit of the 3rd quarter. Sneed did NOT look good. Wasn't all on him, but he contributed at the suckage.

Silenoz
October 12th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Who's being sensitive? Did you miss the laughing emoji?
Two conflicting emoticons cancelling each other out, leaving us in a context vacuum.

Tell you what. You can have Gresch (to do whatever it is he would end up doing), and we'll even throw in Toure so that he has someone to work with other than just Kassis. In return, we get one and a half offensive lineman, and La Parillja. As in it needs to be uprooted and flown to Missoula.

MSUBobcat
October 12th, 2018, 04:27 PM
Two conflicting emoticons cancelling each other out, leaving us in a context vacuum.

Tell you what. You can have Gresch (to do whatever it is he would end up doing), and we'll even throw in Toure so that he has someone to work with other than just Kassis. In return, we get one and a half offensive lineman, and La Parillja. As in it needs to be uprooted and flown to Missoula.

Meh.... I'll let you keep Toure and you're welcome to La Parilla. Wasn't that big a fan of it.

Silenoz
October 12th, 2018, 05:01 PM
Talking to MSU fans is like talking to AZ.

mvemjsunpx
October 12th, 2018, 05:04 PM

That sounded more like eGriz rumor than reality, or at least an incomplete exaggeration. The ESPN Radio interview with one of the Skyline Sports guys in the spring heavily indicated that Jensen was already halfway out the door right after Stitt was fired. In other words, he didn't want to compete for the job because he wasn't real enthused about playing for the Griz anymore anyway.

Also, I think Jensen is going to get better offers than MSU in the end. He is the starting QB for the #1 team in the CCCAA, after all (all the California JuCos have their own association, apparently, and aren't part of the NJCAA).

Roamingriz
October 12th, 2018, 05:49 PM
EWU v Weber - Eags look like the more complete team in this one. Weber is a few skill position players on offense away from keeping up. Ewash 31 WS 19

Idaho v MTST - The as yet Jensenless bobcats are going to Andersen it through this Vandals squad. Pretty much given up on the Vandals, maybe even less than they've given up on themselves. Idaho 14 Bobcats 32

Idaho St v Davis - Neither has quite been beating the who's who but both have looked pretty good taking care of the business in front of them. I think ISU has a D edge but this might be the best offense they've faced on the year. ISU 45 UCD 42

Montana v N Dakota - Tough matchup coming off the loss, a big statement game as to what this MT team is made of this year. I'm betting on a rebound week but UND won't cut them any slack. UM 25 UND 24

UNCO v Portland ST - Brimming with confidence I'm betting on the Vikings, unless the Bears continue with last week's 4th quarter charge.... Where did that come from? Bears 26 PSU 27

Sac St v Southern Utah - The T-birds have been very mediocre on offense so far this year with very few standouts. Sac has flashed signs of life....Not a lot of confidence here in the Hornets, but at least they aren't 0-5 I guess is my argument? Ugh.... Sac 35 SUU 26

Iridebikes
October 12th, 2018, 06:08 PM
Great week in the Big Sky:

EWU over Weber--- 35-19
Montana St. beats Idaho--- Idaho is my biggest disappointment this year, 35-14
ISU and Davis- WOW, who expected this?? Davis wins 48-42
Montana VS UND- Don't think Montana can right the ship on the road, UND 28-19
PSU beat UNC--- home win for the Viking, 31-22.
Sac State wins at SUU- 35-21

Schism55
October 13th, 2018, 03:28 PM
Can the Montana St v Idaho game be seen anywhere??
Was hoping it would be on Pluto, but no dice.

bobcathpdevil56
October 13th, 2018, 03:45 PM
Can the Montana St v Idaho game be seen anywhere??
Was hoping it would be on Pluto, but no dice.

The watchatt app. If you can get it. I don’t get it in MT

JALMOND
October 14th, 2018, 02:23 AM
After last week's carnage around the conference, I sit at 40-12 for the year, still looking for perfection. This week, Cal Poly and Northern Arizona both are sitting this one out, but everyone else plays. Some great conference games involving the top teams so this could be a tough weekend to pick. Here is my attempt at perfection.

EWU at WSU---Eagles are riding high and the prevailing thought is who is going to bring them down. The Wildcats take their turn, cleaning up their house and welcoming them. Will they be gracious hosts or are they up to add to the topsy-turvy feel from last week...EWU 35, WSU 21.

UI at MSU---Bobcats had last week off, giving them two weeks to prepare for the Vandals, who are finding the conference climb to be a bit tougher than what they encountered in the Sun Belt. Vandals would like a win to jumpstart their season but,...MSU 34, UI 21.

ISU at UCD---What I think is the conference game of the week, the Aggies welcome the Bengals to town. Who had this game pegged as a must watch at the beginning of the year. For the winner, the rest of the year will open up, the loser will have some work to do...UCD 38, ISU 35.

UM at North Dakota---Grizzlies are hoping for a great game to make up for whatever it was that happened last week. Still, the Hawks are relishing jumping on the wounded bear and bringing them down. They just might, but you don't want to mess with a wounded Grizzly...UM 28, North Dakota 27.

UNC at PSU---The Bears, looking for their first win can't seem to catch a break as the Vikings come in riding a euphoric high after dismissing the Grizzlies in their house last week. Its been awhile since the Vikings had to deal with the Grizzly hangover, can they overcome it here...PSU 28, UNC 26.

SAC at SUU---Whatever happened to the Hornets last week was not good as they are slowly watching their hopeful season go awry. The Thunderbirds are game, but still looking for their first win of the year. Can they get it this weekend. Yes, in an upset...SUU 24, SAC 21.

4-2 this week, all home teams won (so good to be home). 44-14 overall.

bojeta
October 15th, 2018, 01:20 PM
Of course I'll be rooting for Cal Poly, and would love nothing more than to see an upset. That being said, this will be the first time I will feel good about either team winning. I think it would be fantastic to see Davis win the Big Sky and good for Cal Poly and Sac State in the long run. Can Davis go all the way? Not sure anyone can beat NDSU, but I would love to see Davis in the FCS title game against them (have no idea what the brackets will be).

I predict for the third time this season Cal Poly will not lose.

They have a much needed bye before hosting red hot rival UC Davis next week.