PDA

View Full Version : Streakin'

DemiGS
July 27th, 2005, 07:38 PM
I thought that topic might get your attention!
But seriously, I was just thinking back to the great GSU teams I was privileged to witness while I was a student in the late ‘90’s. One thing I can remember being very proud of was their home winning streak while I was there. Off the top of my head, I think there was a span of 6 years or so without losing a game at Paulson -- regular season or playoffs. So most students during that time never saw GSU lose a game the entire time they were working on their degrees. Feel free to correct me on the particulars, but nonetheless impressive.
I’d like to hear about current teams on noteworthy streaks, or maybe even record streaks of the past.

eaglesrthe1
July 27th, 2005, 10:25 PM
The particulars.

Home game win streak record stands at 39. Set between a 1 pt loss to William & Mary in the home opener in 97' and the 7 pt loss to Furman in the 01' semi-finals.

Most impressive thing about the record...it broke the previous record of 38 home wins...set by GSU from the 2nd home game of the 85' season through the home opener of the 90' season.

Contributes heavily to the overall home record of 136-16 (.895). :p

grizfnz
July 27th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Montana is know for a streak or two....even a streaker

DuckDuckGriz
July 28th, 2005, 01:32 AM
Montana is know for a streak or two....even a streaker

Damn fnz you beat me to it. I remember exactly when that happened during the 2001 semis against UNI. The three cops chasing him around was hilarious and I must say that guy had some pretty impressive Payton like moves. Almost the entire stadium started cheering for him to get away, but as he stepped foot into the north tunnel on his way to the promised land.......bam......three officers timely placed. And then began the awkward apprehension and a few boos -- but cheers for effort.

When they got him he went down. Hard. My retinas were scarred for life. :p

Grizo406
July 28th, 2005, 02:46 AM
Sorry the kids had to see that, but it was pretty awesome!

It looks a lot like VictorG from the pic posted, but I know it isn't because he's not that fast. :D

Tribe4SF
July 28th, 2005, 06:36 AM
We had a streaker during the semifinal game last year. Typical of the reserved W&M student-body, he was wearing a thong. :o

grizfnz
July 28th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Damn fnz you beat me to it. I remember exactly when that happened during the 2001 semis against UNI. The three cops chasing him around was hilarious and I must say that guy had some pretty impressive Payton like moves. Almost the entire stadium started cheering for him to get away, but as he stepped foot into the north tunnel on his way to the promised land.......bam......three officers timely placed. And then began the awkward apprehension and a few boos -- but cheers for effort.

When they got him he went down. Hard. My retinas were scarred for life. :p

I had some friends who were sitting near the guy (he was sitting behind them wrapped up in a blanket) , apparently he made a few hundred bucks by completeing the dare. I also heard that the guy broke a bone in his foot when he dropped from the railing to the field, that might explain the hitch in his sprint.

buckp
July 28th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Streakin' was popular back in the early 70's at most colleges...:eek:

We (guys and girls) used to do it at McNeese at night around the K-Mart and Sambo's on Ryan Street, right next to the campus. Course, I couldn't run very fast, so I was the driver for the get-away car.......did get to know some of the girls pretty good! ;)