PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 6

superman7515
October 6th, 2018, 10:13 PM
Still a couple of games going on, #40 Tennessee State is solidly behind Austin Peay as we near 6 minutes remaining in the game, and #32 Sacramento State is also on upset alert early in the third quarter, so be sure to check those out if I don't have a chance to update them. Only 40 teams received votes last week, so there are no teams in the ORV category.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qCM0fOwMdvgRCLaQ1L0Y1wSK7t2jfivEdxLT5WkLQIw/edit?usp=sharing

This week's team to keep an eye on that isn't in the polls is Bryant. The Bulldogs are 4-1 (3-1 against FCS competition) with their only loss to a ranked Stony Brook team. They seem to be fairly resilient, they've been behind at some point in the third quarter or later of all three of their FCS wins, but managed to hang in for the win. Two of their next three games are against the other teams leading the NEC (Cent Conn 10/13 and Sacred Heart 10/27) so we'll know more about them as the month goes on. Once again, I'm not advocating for them, just pointing out teams who don't have the loudest presence on here to raise awareness.

As always, if you see any mistakes, send me a PM so that I don't miss it in the conversation, and as long as you see *** next to a column header, those stats haven't been updated yet and are the ranking from last week. Still waiting on recaps for a few games, but I'll get it up as soon as I find a source.

Kemo
October 7th, 2018, 12:51 AM
Funny how people were lobbying for SDSU not to drop in the poll after a loss last week, but after a win (barely) this week, people will be questioning how far the Jackrabbit should fall. I know I'm going to ding us a bit. It was hard to comprehend that this was the same team that played up in Fargo a week earlier.

Twentysix
October 7th, 2018, 12:58 AM
There were some really "yikes" games this week! Super interesting!

katss07
October 7th, 2018, 01:32 AM
So do JMU and SDSU swap? Or do the Rabbits move down because of their unexpectedly close game against the perennial cellar dweller ISUb squad. If so, who gets their spot? Kennesaw? EWU?

F'N Hawks
October 7th, 2018, 06:47 AM
So do JMU and SDSU swap? Or do the Rabbits move down because of their unexpectedly close game against the perennial cellar dweller ISUb squad. If so, who gets their spot? Kennesaw? EWU?

There are no bad teams in The Valley. If anything SDSU should move up - to win a game in that conference is something to celebrate.

jmu007
October 7th, 2018, 06:54 AM
There are no bad teams in The Valley. If anything SDSU should move up - to win a game in that conference is something to celebrate.

I thought my poll was going to be really straight forward this morning, but then I remembered the new rule from last week about close losses to good teams not counting. So now I don't know what to do.

Redbird 4th & short
October 7th, 2018, 07:54 AM
ah .. theres that sarcasm again .. duly noted for future reference.

semobison
October 7th, 2018, 07:59 AM
ah .. theres that sarcasm again .. duly noted for future reference.

Yep, he can't make an arguement so he claims sarcasm.

KPSUL
October 7th, 2018, 08:09 AM
Yep, he can't make an arguement so he claims sarcasm.

Actually, that was genuinely funny!

superman7515
October 7th, 2018, 08:18 AM
Actually, that was genuinely funny!

Agreed. I thought it fit in well with Ursus' mentioning the Moral Victory Football Conference moniker last week.

PantherRob82
October 7th, 2018, 08:51 AM
I'm not shocked SDSU struggled the week after the marker game. Luckily for them they got the win.

etiger
October 7th, 2018, 11:40 AM
Towson should move up significantly. They put a beat down on the #12/13 team Stony Brook!

superman7515
October 7th, 2018, 03:41 PM
Still nothing from Sagarin. There's no game today, so I don't know what the hold up is there.

Edit - Nevermind, needed to clear my cookies. I'll have it up in a minute.

caribbeanhen
October 7th, 2018, 07:09 PM
Still nothing from Sagarin. There's no game today, so I don't know what the hold up is there.

Edit - Nevermind, needed to clear my cookies. I'll have it up in a minute.

why do the computers like Princeton and Dartmouth so much? Ivy league nerds hacking in?

I like them to but not as high as the computers have them

TheKingpin28
October 7th, 2018, 07:11 PM
why do the computers like Princeton and Dartmouth so much? Ivy league nerds hacking in?

They are above reproach and insulate themselves from the rest of us plebes, therefore, inflating their teams' stats/rankings.

BisonFan02
October 7th, 2018, 08:03 PM
Eagerly awaiting that lone Elon vote for #1.

Schism55
October 7th, 2018, 08:30 PM
Eagerly awaiting that lone Elon vote for #1.
Hah! Was thinking that too as I work on my poll.

WestCoastAggie
October 8th, 2018, 06:05 AM

Their insular schedules which maintains their pre-season rankings.

caribbeanhen
October 8th, 2018, 06:12 AM
Their insular schedules which maintains their pre-season rankings.

Which is carried over year after year? I see Dartmouth is #6 and Princeton is # 8 on Massey, that is high for Ivy

Ivytalk
October 8th, 2018, 06:59 AM
They are above reproach and insulate themselves from the rest of us plebes, therefore, inflating their teams' stats/rankings.
You’re starting to get it. The football equivalent of a gated community. Now fetch me some Macallan 25.

Princeton should sneak into the rankings this week. And the winner of Princeton-Dartmouth will finish in the top 25.

bluehenbillk
October 8th, 2018, 07:11 AM
Elon now somewhere in the 2-4 range...

McNeese72
October 8th, 2018, 07:49 AM
For you AGS voters, McNeese dooesn't need to be anywhere near the top 10. With our anemic offense, we are barely surviving and living on borrowed time.

Doc

Daytripper
October 8th, 2018, 08:26 AM
Hah! Was thinking that too as I work on my poll.

I thought about doing it myself just for the sheer pleasure of watching AGS melt down.

- - - Updated - - -

For you AGS voters, McNeese dooesn't need to be anywhere near the top 10. With our anemic offense, we are barely surviving and living on borrowed time.

Doc

Win. Sandbag. Repeat. Win. Sandbag. Repeat. LOL.

Bison56
October 8th, 2018, 08:27 AM

Doc

I think I see this every year from you McNeese guys.xlolx

caribbeanhen
October 8th, 2018, 08:55 AM

Doc

kind of like watching the weather channel, you never know if it's real storm that actually requires sandbagging..... Just like McNeese State is this year....

POD Knows
October 8th, 2018, 09:01 AM

DocNow this is the sandbagging we are used to seeing from you guys. xnodx

ElonFirefighter
October 8th, 2018, 09:42 AM

I have them at 2, because of the SOS compared to the other top teams. Though I could see arguments for the others. the arguments are wrong but I can still see the arguments xlolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 8th, 2018, 09:52 AM

I have them 4th. The Top 5 bordering on 6 (KSU) have separated themselves. I had hope for SBU but they crapped the bed. Towson and Illinois State are two teams that might have semifinal/ Frisco potential with the right matchups.

ST_Lawson
October 8th, 2018, 09:59 AM
It's been a fun ride on the fringes of the top 25, but I think this is probably goodbye for the remainder of the season, barring some epic turnaround.

(I mean goodbye in terms of my team in the top 25, I didn't mean I'm leaving)

Reign of Terrier
October 8th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Last week I said you should wait a week or two before ranking ETSU. It's likely that many of you have already voted, but at this point I think they deserve a rank between 20-25

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Daytripper
October 8th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Last week I said you should wait a week or two before ranking ETSU. It's likely that many of you have already voted, but at this point I think they deserve a rank between 20-25

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

They are in my top 25.

worrierking
October 8th, 2018, 10:14 AM
I think I see this every year from you McNeese guys.xlolx

Doc is the greatest sandbagger in FCS history. But he's not sandbagging now. Our offense really is a mess. Our D is legit, but the offense is painful to watch.

TheKingpin28
October 8th, 2018, 10:14 AM
You’re starting to get it. The football equivalent of a gated community. Now fetch me some Macallan 25.

Princeton should sneak into the rankings this week. And the winner of Princeton-Dartmouth will finish in the top 25.I can get you the 12 but they don't allow us regulars to associate with the good stuff

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Outsider1
October 8th, 2018, 10:16 AM
Doc is the greatest sandbagger in FCS history. But he's not sandbagging now. Our offense really is a mess. Our D is legit, but the offense is painful to watch.

Yep, our defense sucks that bad.....

katss07
October 8th, 2018, 10:26 AM
“17 points on SFA”

worrierking
October 8th, 2018, 10:36 AM

I did not in any way mean to denigrate the Wildcats. But our offense scored 17 Saturday (plus a special teams td). Other FCS teams are averaging 27 per game against ACU.
Against Northern Colorado our offense scored 10 (Plus a defensive TD). Other FCS opponents are averaging 40.6 per game against Northern Colorado.
Against SFA our offense scored 17. Other FCS schools are averaging 35.3 against the Lumberjacks.

We scored a bunch at Houston Baptist, but otherwise our offense has been struggling all season long, faring much worse than the other FCS opponents facing the same schools.

Outsider1
October 8th, 2018, 10:41 AM
I did not in any way mean to denigrate the Wildcats. But our offense scored 17 Saturday (plus a special teams td). Other FCS teams are averaging 27 per game against ACU.
Against Northern Colorado our offense scored 10 (Plus a defensive TD). Other FCS opponents are averaging 40.6 per game against Northern Colorado.
Against SFA our offense scored 17. Other FCS schools are averaging 35.3 against the Lumberjacks.

We scored a bunch at Houston Baptist, but otherwise our offense has been struggling all season long, faring much worse than the other FCS opponents facing the same schools.I agree, your defense has most always been better than your offense, but I can see a few other things that could energize it more. Hopefully you can find that offensive energy and go far in the playoffs. Look at it this way, you scored more than the 13-7 game against us last year...

Sent from my BLU_S1 using Tapatalk

WileECoyote06
October 8th, 2018, 10:50 AM
They are in my top 25.

Mine too.

McNeese72
October 8th, 2018, 10:55 AM
Now this is the sandbagging we are used to seeing from you guys. xnodx

You ask any McNeese fan who suffered through watching the last two games and the majority will say the same thing. Our offense is looking very bad. The weak point is our offensive line.

Doc

McNeese72
October 8th, 2018, 10:58 AM

We have made everybody's defense look good so far. Well, everybody's excepts HBU's and they don't really have a defense. ;)

Doc

Outsider1
October 8th, 2018, 12:47 PM
We have made everybody's defense look good so far. Well, everybody's excepts HBU's and they don't really have a defense. ;)

Doc

I would still say look at our score last year. We allowed you to score more this year than last, but you also scored more on us; I know it sounds like I just said the same thing. What I mean is our defense is solid, not the best but solid. Against a solid defense you improved from 13 - 17 in offensive points in one year. I know your offense has room for improvement, but maybe some of the woes are because of the other teams. I am still rooting for ya'll to make some headway post season.

McCowboys
October 8th, 2018, 01:53 PM
I thought about doing it myself just for the sheer pleasure of watching AGS melt down.

- - - Updated - - -

Win. Sandbag. Repeat. Win. Sandbag. Repeat. LOL.

Not sandbagging. Look at your score against SFA and ours against SFA. Thank God we have a semblance of a defense, because our offense is struggling big time.

McNeese75
October 8th, 2018, 01:56 PM
I would still say look at our score last year. We allowed you to score more this year than last, but you also scored more on us; I know it sounds like I just said the same thing. What I mean is our defense is solid, not the best but solid. Against a solid defense you improved from 13 - 17 in offensive points in one year. I know your offense has room for improvement, but maybe some of the woes are because of the other teams. I am still rooting for ya'll to make some headway post season.

All I know is those are damn big ole LB's yall have xeekx

Outsider1
October 8th, 2018, 02:03 PM
Just glad the SLC has as many in the top 25 as we do right now, but of course we ALL know had bad the SLC sucks........ ;)

Outsider1
October 8th, 2018, 02:05 PM
All I know is those are damn big ole LB's yall have xeekx

And we lost our primary LB last year. One of his replacements was a running back for us his freshman (last year) year and in HS...