PDA

View Full Version : Princeton 66, Lehigh 7

Go...gate
October 6th, 2018, 05:06 PM
Sat behind the Lehigh bench with some Princeton grads and several Lehigh alums from the Dunlap days. Not at all what I (or they) expected.

Princeton has a fine team, but Lehigh, despite some clear talent, looked unprepared, out of sync and flat. A long way from even a few years ago.

No matter who a team schedules, they need to be ready to play - and to believe they have a chance to play the way they are capable. That is a matter of good coaching and administration.

IMO, Coen is not up to the job. Furthermore, Sterrett deserves criticism for hanging on to him. Like Frank McLaughlin at Fordham, he may have stayed too long.

Just my two cents. I know the Engineers will be tough for Colgate - they always are - but it will be because of the talent of the players and not the coaches.

ColgateTD
October 6th, 2018, 05:10 PM
Many LU alums/followers have been echoing your feelings on here for the past several years. Coen should have been gone a few years back. Seems like he's getting worse results every year. You can't be competitive in the PL - or elsewhere - with non-existent preparation. Looks like it will be Princeton vs Dartmouth in the final game of the year for the Ivy crown.

Go Green
October 6th, 2018, 05:26 PM
Looks like it will be Princeton vs Dartmouth in the final game of the year for the Ivy crown.

Schedule has changed. P-D is now early November.

Otherwise, I agree. If transitive scores have any meaning, then the P-D winner should go 10-0 and the loser should go 9-1.

(Of course, there are reasons why we actually play the games).

And with JMU losing, the P-D winner should be in good position for the Lambert Cup.

Go...gate
October 6th, 2018, 05:46 PM
Still a lot of football to be played. Brown visits Powers Field next week.

Lehigh'98
October 6th, 2018, 06:08 PM
Sat behind the Lehigh bench with several friends who are Lehigh grads from the Dunlap days. Not at all what I (or they) expected.

Princeton has a fine team, but Lehigh, despite some clear talent, looked unprepared, out of sync and flat. A long way from even a few years ago.

No matter who a team schedules, they need to be ready to play - and to believe they have a chance to play the way they are capable. That is a matter of good coaching and administration.

IMO, Coen is not up to the job. Furthermore, Sterrett deserves criticism for hanging on to him. Like Frank McLaughlin at Fordham, he may have stayed too long.

Just my two cents. I know the Engineers will be tough for Colgate - they always are - but it will be because of the talent of the players and not the coaches.

Sat behind the team as well. Pretty close to Sterrett. Kids just aren't playing for him anymore and I didn't see him speak once during the game. Tough spot for the program. Decisions need to be made.

RichH2
October 6th, 2018, 06:31 PM
Sat behind the team as well. Pretty close to Sterrett. Kids just aren't playing for him anymore and I didn't see him speak once during the game. Tough spot for the program. Decisions need to be made.

I have been slow to pull the trigger on Andy. He has had some great years here. The last couple of years he seems to have removed himself to an island letting to Coordinators run the games. He used to be fiery coach and involved. Perhaps he is behind closed doors but I dont see any positive impacts. Not sure what is going on but I do know things must change. Regardless of alumni recalling days of yesteryear, this team has talent. I dont see much will though.

World
October 6th, 2018, 06:41 PM
Final

Princeton - 66
Lehigh - 7

Princeton QB John Lovett

4 TD's total

20/28 completions
288 yards passing

12 rushes
111 yards rushing

TheKingpin28
October 6th, 2018, 06:42 PM
Final

Princeton - 66
Lehigh - 7

Princeton QB John Lovett

4 TD's total

20/28 completions
288 yards passing

12 rushes
111 yards rushing

You beat Lehigh. xcoffeex

Go...gate
October 6th, 2018, 07:49 PM
You beat Lehigh. xcoffeex

I believe Princeton had 733 yards in Total Offense. That is championship work against anyone.

JSUSoutherner
October 6th, 2018, 07:49 PM
Final

Princeton - 66
Lehigh - 7

Princeton QB John Lovett

4 TD's total

20/28 completions
288 yards passing

12 rushes
111 yards rushing

Can't wait to see him in the playoffs.

Oh wait.

TheKingpin28
October 6th, 2018, 07:51 PM
I believe Princeton had 733 yards in Total Offense. That is championship work against anyone.They beat Lehigh. That's like saying since sdsu beat arpb 90-6 that that was championship work. Really?

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Go...gate
October 6th, 2018, 07:52 PM
They beat Lehigh. That's like saying since sdsu beat arpb 90-6 that that was championship work. Really?

Yes, really.

TheKingpin28
October 6th, 2018, 07:53 PM
Yes, really.So since they put up 926yds against arguably one of the worst teams in the FCS that's championship work? Are you actually being serious or pulling my leg

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 6th, 2018, 08:00 PM
They beat Lehigh. That's like saying since sdsu beat arpb 90-6 that that was championship work. Really?

C'mon take the trolling over to the UNI fans...Lehigh is not Arkansas Pine-Bluff. It's a program that has had a lot of success over the last 45 years. It's a program that has fielded elite 1-AA/FCS teams. The blowout losses starting with the UNH playoff game are unacceptable. The expectation for Lehigh that I know has not been met the last 5 years. A bad year here and there is perfectly fine. Lehigh is clearly not JMU, NDSU or EWU right now or will ever be. But they and Colgate have been a PL version of 'Nova and Richmond (minus the title) over the last 20 years. Good most years, a legit Top 25 presence, with the token ugly seasons sprinkled in. Right now Lehigh is a Pioneer looking program.

Pard4Life
October 6th, 2018, 08:09 PM
Frank Tavani saved Andy Coen's job.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 6th, 2018, 08:25 PM
Frank Tavani saved Andy Coen's job.

Al Pierce's wheel route INT in OT against Lafayette in 2009 might have saved his job according to some. The hiring of Dave Cecchini then completely turned the program around. Getting Folmar to give up his HC gig at Kutztown to become the OC at Lehigh saved his butt post Cech. I think it's apparent Dave Cecchini, Dave Kotulski and Drew Folmar were vitally important to Coen's success. Cignetti and Folmar are killing it at Elon!

ColgateTD
October 6th, 2018, 08:27 PM
Schedule has changed. P-D is now early November.

Otherwise, I agree. If transitive scores have any meaning, then the P-D winner should go 10-0 and the loser should go 9-1.

Sorry Go Green. Back in the day I grew up going to Palmer Stadium for the P-D game every year, tailgating, and enjoying what was (usually) a league winning game for the guys in Orange. It was the Dick Kazmaier (sp?) era afterall...;) My uncle was a Dartmouth alum and sometimes went home dejected as hell.

Ivytalk
October 6th, 2018, 08:30 PM
Sorry Go Green. Back in the day I grew up going to Palmer Stadium for the P-D game every year, tailgating, and enjoying what was (usually) a league winning game for the guys in Orange. It was the Dick Kazmaier (sp?) era afterall...;) My uncle was a Dartmouth alum and sometimes went home dejected as hell.
God almighty, how old are you? Kazmaier was Princeton class of ‘52, same as my FIL.

ngineer
October 6th, 2018, 08:50 PM
I was completely pissed today at Princeton. Yes, I expected a beating, but not a godd**n go through the motions exhibition. No focus. No preparation, No tackling, No Will, No nothing! Coen seems detached. By himself in his own world lost in his headset. This is a program with a long proud history, and Sterrett needs to find out what the hell is going on. After the debacle at Penn, we had a bye week to get ready for Princeton....and this is what all that prep wrought? With few exceptions, I think the staff is in over their heads. Most having coached at D-III level and have not been able to step. Tackling was horrible. Passes dropped. I feel very bad for Dom Bragalone that his great career has to have to suffer this. He's rarely used as a receiver, yet has good hands. There is no creativity on offense...I have to stop.

Lehigh'98
October 6th, 2018, 09:29 PM
I was completely pissed today at Princeton. Yes, I expected a beating, but not a godd**n go through the motions exhibition. No focus. No preparation, No tackling, No Will, No nothing! Coen seems detached. By himself in his own world lost in his headset. This is a program with a long proud history, and Sterrett needs to find out what the hell is going on. After the debacle at Penn, we had a bye week to get ready for Princeton....and this is what all that prep wrought? With few exceptions, I think the staff is in over their heads. Most having coached at D-III level and have not been able to step. Tackling was horrible. Passes dropped. I feel very bad for Dom Bragalone that his great career has to have to suffer this. He's rarely used as a receiver, yet has good hands. There is no creativity on offense...I have to stop.

Not sure if you noticed, but if you compared the Princeton players to ours, they were bigger, stronger, faster than us at just about every position. They have athletes all over the place. Kicking our ass recruiting too.

Go...gate
October 6th, 2018, 09:42 PM
God almighty, how old are you? Kazmaier was Princeton class of ‘52, same as my FIL.

A member of the Princeton Class of 1953 was part of our group today. That class lost two games in four years.

grizband
October 6th, 2018, 09:51 PM
C'mon take the trolling over to the UNI fans...Lehigh is not Arkansas Pine-Bluff. It's a program that has had a lot of success over the last 45 years. It's a program that has fielded elite 1-AA/FCS teams. The blowout losses starting with the UNH playoff game are unacceptable. The expectation for Lehigh that I know has not been met the last 5 years. A bad year here and there is perfectly fine. Lehigh is clearly not JMU, NDSU or EWU right now or will ever be. But they and Colgate have been a PL version of 'Nova and Richmond (minus the title) over the last 20 years. Good most years, a legit Top 25 presence, with the token ugly seasons sprinkled in. Right now Lehigh is a Pioneer looking program.
Yes, the tradition is there; however, Lehigh is currently closer to UAPB than NDSU...

Go...gate
October 7th, 2018, 12:41 AM
I actually think that the difference in talent was not so great, though Princeton did have better speed. Lehigh seemed to be dispirited and disorganized more than I can ever remember. In the many years I have seen Lehigh clubs, their kids have invariably been intense and ready to play their backsides off, even against a supposedly "better" team. Not the case Saturday. IMO, that is coaching. I truly felt badly for those youngsters.

World
October 7th, 2018, 01:51 AM

Don't take it out on Lehigh too much. Princeton is just really really good this year. Lehigh will recover next few games.

Go...gate
October 7th, 2018, 02:35 AM
Don't take it out on Lehigh too much. Princeton is just really really good this year. Lehigh will recover next few games.

Best Princeton team in quite a while; perhaps will be the first undefeated Tiger club since 1964. Surace has done a great job. But again, Lehigh also had some guys that could play.

Pard4Life
October 7th, 2018, 10:03 AM

Replace a few key names and you sound like a Lafayette poster 3 years ago. First time I watched Lehigh this year and was surprised: they really looked like a Tavani team... sure, outmatched but ZERO fight or effort was apparent...

Pards Rule
October 7th, 2018, 10:15 AM
Replace a few key names and you sound like a Lafayette poster 3 years ago. First time I watched Lehigh this year and was surprised: they really looked like a Tavani team... sure, outmatched but ZERO fight or effort was apparent...

I was thinking the same thing! Total consternation on how a very good program could fall so swiftly. Now they know the feeling too.

Pard4Life
October 7th, 2018, 10:21 AM
I was thinking the same thing! Total consternation on how a very good program could fall so swiftly. Now they know the feeling too.

Looking back at that 2010-2014 era, we really were not far away with regard to having a winning season. Seriously blame those loses on poor coaching and bad execution. Wheels really fell of in 2015... still rebuilding the roster.

Go Green
October 7th, 2018, 11:01 AM
Best Princeton team in quite a while; perhaps will be the first undefeated Tiger club since 1964. Surace has done a great job.

He's 1-7 against Dartmouth.

:)

Pards Rule
October 7th, 2018, 12:00 PM
Looking back at that 2010-2014 era, we really were not far away with regard to having a winning season. Seriously blame those loses on poor coaching and bad execution. Wheels really fell of in 2015... still rebuilding the roster.

Agreed. Seems like the back to back upsets of Lehigh and Fordham in 2013 and the #150 win in 2014 were only recent highlights

cx500d
October 7th, 2018, 12:38 PM

Its not surprising team put 66 points on Lehigh since they have had a very porous defense over the last few years. What's surprising is their offense didn't show up. The Lehigh offense somewhat made up for the anemic defense, but not this game.

Its a shame we won't see Princeton in the post season.

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 7th, 2018, 12:42 PM
How the hell did we blow our game to Lehigh? Darn kicker and play calling.

cx500d
October 7th, 2018, 02:01 PM
How the hell did we blow our game to Lehigh? Darn kicker and play calling.

Good thing you didn't play Princeton

caribbeanhen
October 7th, 2018, 02:05 PM
Its not surprising team put 66 points on Lehigh since they have had a very porous defense over the last few years. What's surprising is their offense didn't show up. The Lehigh offense somewhat made up for the anemic defense, but not this game.

Its a shame we won't see Princeton in the post season.

is it wishful thinking on my part that the rise of the Ivies might the jump start they need to get them to participate...... Yea, not having them in the playoffs is a shame for FCS.

Go...gate
October 7th, 2018, 07:34 PM
He's 1-7 against Dartmouth.

This year's Dartmouth - Princeton game could really be something. A lot of football yet to be played, though. Princeton utterly collapsed in the second half of last season due to injuries, especially on the defense.

Go Green
October 10th, 2018, 06:48 AM
Princeton's Bob Surace made clear that he didn't appreciate Coen's "scholarships" comment.

http://www.princetontigersfootball.com/2018/10/whats-fair-is-fair-and-unfair-to-some/

crusader11
October 10th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Princeton's Bob Surace made clear that he didn't appreciate Coen's "scholarships" comment.

http://www.princetontigersfootball.com/2018/10/whats-fair-is-fair-and-unfair-to-some/

That was a bush league comment by Coen. I hope he regrets it.

That's a man who is extremely frustrated and probably knows his job is on the line if he doesn't finish above .500 in the PL.

Go Green
October 10th, 2018, 04:08 PM
That was a bush league comment by Coen. I hope he regrets it.

That's a man who is extremely frustrated and probably knows his job is on the line if he doesn't finish above .500 in the PL.

And I'm sure the PL brass is worrying whether his comments will antagonize the Ivies and cause us to drop PL teams from future schedules.

Go...gate
October 10th, 2018, 06:55 PM
And I'm sure the PL brass is worrying whether his comments will antagonize the Ivies and cause us to drop PL teams from future schedules.

Hell, you guys are already doing it.

RichH2
October 10th, 2018, 07:56 PM

Since Ivies have stopped scheduling PL for the most part, that fact may spur Council to actually sever our remaining IvyLite restrictions so we can compete with the teams who do schedule us. Guess I shoulld send the Ivies a thank you note if it works out that way. :)

PAllen
October 10th, 2018, 11:24 PM
Since Ivies have stopped scheduling PL for the most part, that fact may spur Council to actually sever our remaining IvyLite restrictions so we can compete with the teams who do schedule us. Guess I shoulld send the Ivies a thank you note if it works out that way. :)

You men Kutztown and the Pioneer League? Because that's where our schedules are headed if this "we just can't compete" attitude persists.

ngineer
October 11th, 2018, 08:27 PM
You men Kutztown and the Pioneer League? Because that's where our schedules are headed if this "we just can't compete" attitude persists.

I don't think it's "we just can't compete," but "we don't want to compete." I see mostly NEC, Pioneer, and the scattering of an occasional out of region game for *****s and giggles.

RichH2
October 11th, 2018, 08:42 PM
I don't think it's "we just can't compete," but "we don't want to compete." I see mostly NEC, Pioneer, and the scattering of an occasional out of region game for *****s and giggles.

If PL doesnt act to modify its restrictions, we might as well start scheduling PFL and D2 games. Either we are all in or we are not. Half ass does not work.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 11th, 2018, 08:47 PM

It feels like '92 through '96 all over again. Winning the league and beating Lafayette is all that matters. The OOC slaughters are irrelevant to the ultimate goal. I can still picture the likes of Delaware and Idaho putting 60+ points on Lehigh teams that won the league.

1993 (7-4)
Patriot League
Champions
at Delaware L, 21-62
at Fordham W, 24-6
Hofstra W, 31-24
Brown W, 42-35
Cornell W, 35-13
at Princeton L, 23-31
at Colgate W, 36-32
Holy Cross W, 17-10
at Bucknell L, 27-32
at Idaho L, 14-77
Lafayette W, 39-14

1995 (8-3)
Patriot League
Champions
at Army L, 9-42
at Colgate W, 20-9
Yale W, 21-10
UNH L, 14-35
at Bucknell W, 30-23,
at Columbia W, 37-35
Cornell W, 34-23
at UMass L, 36-44
at Fordham W, 17-0
Holy Cross W, 51-21
Lafayette W, 37-30
(2OT)

Lehigh'98
October 11th, 2018, 09:12 PM
It feels like '92 through '96 all over again. Winning the league and beating Lafayette is all that matters. The OOC slaughters are irrelevant to the ultimate goal. I can still picture the likes of Delaware and Idaho putting 60+ points on Lehigh teams that won the league.

1993 (7-4)
Patriot League
Champions
at Delaware L, 21-62
at Fordham W, 24-6
Hofstra W, 31-24
Brown W, 42-35
Cornell W, 35-13
at Princeton L, 23-31
at Colgate W, 36-32
Holy Cross W, 17-10
at Bucknell L, 27-32
at Idaho L, 14-77
Lafayette W, 39-14

1995 (8-3)
Patriot League
Champions
at Army L, 9-42
at Colgate W, 20-9
Yale W, 21-10
UNH L, 14-35
at Bucknell W, 30-23,
at Columbia W, 37-35
Cornell W, 34-23
at UMass L, 36-44
at Fordham W, 17-0
Holy Cross W, 51-21
Lafayette W, 37-30
(2OT)

At least we handled the Ivies back then.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 11th, 2018, 09:19 PM

Penn was the gold standard in the Ivy League at that time. They had at least two undefeated seasons iirc. Princeton and Dartmouth were battling it out for 2nd most years. Cornell, Columbia and Brown were definitely a notch or two below.

Go Green
October 12th, 2018, 07:59 AM

I could be wrong, but of the victories over the Ivy teams that you posted... only Cornell might have been an upper-division team then.

- - - Updated - - -

Penn was the gold standard in the Ivy League at that time. They had at least two undefeated seasons iirc. Princeton and Dartmouth were battling it out for 2nd most years. Cornell, Columbia and Brown were definitely a notch or two below.

Yep!

Lehigh'98
October 12th, 2018, 09:03 AM
I could be wrong, but of the victories over the Ivy teams that you posted... only Cornell might have been an upper-division team then.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep!

I definitely remember ending Dartmouth's 11 game win streak at your place in 97 :)

carney2
October 12th, 2018, 09:06 AM
I could be wrong but the Dungboys were officially declared embarrassing roadkill last Saturday afternoon. Why is anyone still posting to this thread? Oh, I forgot. It's about the Brownturds and there is nothing on the AGS board more important then them.

PAllen
October 12th, 2018, 09:09 AM
I could be wrong but the Dungboys were officially declared embarrassing roadkill last Saturday afternoon. Why is anyone still posting to this thread? Oh, I forgot. It's about the Brownturds and there is nothing on the AGS board more important then them.

Relax Carney, you'll get a team someday. Hey, we're so bad, we're within grasp this year.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 12th, 2018, 11:08 AM

Is he upset because it's false, or because the hypocrisy of the Ivies' position is being exposed?

The Ivies don't offer "athletic" scholarships. However they DO offer scholarships. They just happen to scholarship the entire student body.

"Students from families with incomes $140,000 or less will have free tuition at Princeton. Families that make $65,000 also qualify for free room and board."

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-ivy-league-financial-aid-packages-stack-up-2017-3#princeton-university-7

Sure, there isn't a scholarship. That's because tuition is free for most. Sure, they have to go through the financial aid office, where they're set up for work study. The financial aid office then says (paraphasing), "Is your family making less than $140,000 a year"? Yes? Congratulations, you don't pay tuition."

“It’s an insult to insinuate that they are coming here for free because they are football players. I don’t want that misconception out there. Our players are not getting one dollar more than any Princeton student who needs financial help." Holy lawyers, Batman!

World
October 12th, 2018, 12:54 PM

I would hate to see the score of a Princeton/Lafayette game this year

what do you think, about 120-0?

RichH2
October 12th, 2018, 01:42 PM
Is he upset because it's false, or because the hypocrisy of the Ivies' position is being exposed?

The Ivies don't offer "athletic" scholarships. However they DO offer scholarships. They just happen to scholarship the entire student body.

"Students from families with incomes $140,000 or less will have free tuition at Princeton. Families that make $65,000 also qualify for free room and board."

https://www.businessinsider.com/how-ivy-league-financial-aid-packages-stack-up-2017-3#princeton-university-7

Sure, there isn't a scholarship. That's because tuition is free for most. Sure, they have to go through the financial aid office, where they're set up for work study. The financial aid office then says (paraphasing), "Is your family making less than $140,000 a year"? Yes? Congratulations, you don't pay tuition."

“It’s an insult to insinuate that they are coming here for free because they are football players. I don’t want that misconception out there. Our players are not getting one dollar more than any Princeton student who needs financial help." Holy lawyers, Batman!

Seems Ivies are very touchy about scholarships. Self validating hypocrisy. We forgive tuition not give scholarships. Above 140,000, there is a sliding scale for tuition. Ivies have a well deserved academic reputation.which gives them a definite edge in recruiting qualified kids. True not all players get full rides but most get something. Even that "something" is worth it to a lot of families. For Surace to vent outrage over the term "scholarship" is asinine. Money is money regardless of what you call it.

PAllen
October 12th, 2018, 05:28 PM
Seems Ivies are very touchy about scholarships. Self validating hypocrisy. We forgive tuition not give scholarships. Above 140,000, there is a sliding scale for tuition. Ivies have a well deserved academic reputation.which gives them a definite edge in recruiting qualified kids. True not all players get full rides but most get something. Even that "something" is worth it to a lot of families. For Surace to vent outrage over the term "scholarship" is asinine. Money is money regardless of what you call it.

While I agree with the hypocrisy, it was completely bush league for Coen to blame the destruction on Ivy financial aid packages. Ivy financial aid and academic prowess didn't just show up 2 years ago. Coen has just lost the last of his decent assistants. I keep hearing about how great our recent recruiting classes are. Then I hear about how our players are completely outclassed. Coen completely blew it with the Navy game and he has lost the team. Honestly, there are indications that he lost the team sometime at the end of last season.

Pard4Life
October 12th, 2018, 05:36 PM
Relax Carney, you'll get a team someday. Hey, we're so bad, we're within grasp this year.

Carney is right... the brown clowns suck and that's all you read about around here... the PL pick em thread becomes the defacto Lehigh game day thread...

Princeton would beat the Pards but Lehigh was an embarrassment: no drive or heart...

RichH2
October 12th, 2018, 05:45 PM
While I agree with the hypocrisy, it was completely bush league for Coen to blame the destruction on Ivy financial aid packages. Ivy financial aid and academic prowess didn't just show up 2 years ago. Coen has just lost the last of his decent assistants. I keep hearing about how great our recent recruiting classes are. Then I hear about how our players are completely outclassed. Coen completely blew it with the Navy game and he has lost the team. Honestly, there are indications that he lost the team sometime at the end of last season.

Gotta agree about Coen's comments.

RichH2
October 12th, 2018, 05:47 PM
Carney is right... the brown clowns suck and that's all you read about around here... the PL pick em thread becomes the defacto Lehigh game day thread...

Princeton would beat the Pards but Lehigh was an embarrassment: no drive or heart...

P4L
Perhaps you should ,I dont know, read the title of this thread.

ngineer
October 12th, 2018, 07:02 PM
My 8 year old granddaughter made an observation a couple months ago at dinner when she announced at the end of dinner, "We got through dinner and Granddad did not use the F word." There was stunned silence, because I have never use "the" F word ever in their presence.. My wife asked, gingerly, "what do you mean?" To which she responded, "Granddad said nothing about football, and with Granddad, it always comes back to football!"

Similarly, around here, and channeling my granddaughter, "It always comes back to Lehigh."xsmiley_wix

RichH2
October 12th, 2018, 07:27 PM
My 8 year old granddaughter made an observation a couple months ago at dinner when she announced at the end of dinner, "We got through dinner and Granddad did not use the F word." There was stunned silence, because I have never use "the" F word ever in their presence.. My wife asked, gingerly, "what do you mean?" To which she responded, "Granddad said nothing about football, and with Granddad, it always comes back to football!"

Similarly, around here, and channeling my granddaughter, "It always comes back to Lehigh."xsmiley_wix
My granddaughter loves her little plush Lehigh football. My W has grown used to me disappearing during football season. Thankful tho that most are on TV so at least I'm home.:)

CHIP72
October 13th, 2018, 09:03 AM

I have to agree with the bolded part. A few weeks ago I wanted to post near the end or after a Lehigh game (can't remember which one; it was either the Navy or Penn game) and I looked for a game day thread on the Lehigh Sports Forum and there was no in-game discussion occurring there. All the discussion was occurring in the PL pick 'em thread on this site.

World
October 13th, 2018, 12:11 PM
Meanwhile, it is starting again...star QB John Lovett apparently got a bit injured in the Lehigh game and not playing today

Sader87
October 13th, 2018, 01:10 PM
I have to agree with the bolded part. A few weeks ago I wanted to post near the end or after a Lehigh game (can't remember which one; it was either the Navy or Penn game) and I looked for a game day thread on the Lehigh Sports Forum and there was no in-game discussion occurring there. All the discussion was occurring in the PL pick 'em thread on this site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYKlLUym414

Ivytalk
October 13th, 2018, 01:11 PM
Meanwhile, it is starting again...star QB John Lovett apparently got a bit injured in the Lehigh game and not playing today
The Tigers are handling Brown just fine without him.

World
October 13th, 2018, 01:38 PM
The Tigers are handling Brown just fine without him.

Princeton's 2nd string QB appears to be OK

halftime

Princeton - 28
Brown - 0

TheKingpin28
October 13th, 2018, 02:26 PM
So since Lehigh lost 43-14 to a Fordham team that hadn't won a game, can we pump the breaks on Princeton yet? As usual, I have to be the voice of reason here.

bulldog10jw
October 13th, 2018, 03:42 PM
So since Lehigh lost 43-14 to a Fordham team that hadn't won a game, can we pump the breaks on Princeton yet? As usual, I have to be the voice of reason here.

What fun is reason?

TheKingpin28
October 13th, 2018, 03:47 PM
What fun is reason?

You're right. We should go the Coaches Poll route. I always enjoy a good laugh. xnodx

aceinthehole
October 13th, 2018, 04:22 PM

I am always very tough on Ivy teams in the poll, but this year Princeton has beaten all 5 opponent like a drum. Give credit where credit is due.

I certainly see them as a Top-25 team, right now (but no higher #20).

TheKingpin28
October 13th, 2018, 04:26 PM
I am always very tough on Ivy teams in the poll, but this year Princeton has beaten all 5 opponent like a drum. Give credit where credit is due.

I certainly see them as a Top-25 team, right now (but no higher #20).

I have no problem with people ranking them, but when I did their Sagarain ratings, their average opponent was around 215/255 for ranking. Hard to rank a team that isolates themselves and refuses to play ANY T25 teams in the OOC section and the bubble they create only increases their SOS.

World
October 13th, 2018, 04:32 PM
Final

Princeton - 48
Brown - 10

without starting Princeton QB John Lovett

Go Green
October 13th, 2018, 08:04 PM
Final

Princeton - 48
Brown - 10

without starting Princeton QB John Lovett

You kind of sunk your case for Lovett being FCS MVP.

World
October 13th, 2018, 09:11 PM
I have no problem with people ranking them, but when I did their Sagarain ratings, their average opponent was around 215/255 for ranking. Hard to rank a team that isolates themselves and refuses to play ANY T25 teams in the OOC section and the bubble they create only increases their SOS.

Ok, thanks for the thoughts on the Sagarin ratings

Say, why don't you tell us where Princeton is ranked in the Sagarin ratings for FCS schools?

World
October 13th, 2018, 09:13 PM

not really

this is a 68-10 game with Lovett in at QB

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 13th, 2018, 09:17 PM

Say, why don't you tell us where Princeton is ranked in the Sagarin ratings for FCS schools?

How bad would Princeton beat Rutgers this year? 2 TDs?

The Tigers are good no question. I think they're a fringe Top 10 team but I just can't pull the trigger until they play Dartmouth. I'd love for them schedule like Yale!

The IL might be the 3rd best conference in FCS this year.

TheKingpin28
October 13th, 2018, 09:35 PM

Shh... Let him keep going.

TheKingpin28
October 13th, 2018, 09:36 PM

58 spots below NDSU.

World
October 13th, 2018, 09:37 PM
58 spots below NDSU.

and how many spots below NDSU in FCS football?

let me help you a little

Sagarin FCS Football rankings
(as of last week)

1. North Dakota State
7. Princeton

TheKingpin28
October 13th, 2018, 09:56 PM
and how many spots below NDSU in FCS football?

let me help you a little

(as of last week)

1. North Dakota State
7. Princeton

Remind me again who you have played.

World
October 13th, 2018, 10:22 PM

It's not just who a team has played, but also how the team played against the opponent

let me remind you again, since you brought up the Sagarin ratings:

(as of last week)

1. North Dakota State
7. Princeton

Professor Chaos
October 13th, 2018, 11:44 PM
Princeton is in my top 25 higher than I would've liked to put them given the hot garbage on their schedule so far this year. But there's another Ivy League team I have ranked even higher...

PAllen
October 14th, 2018, 08:22 AM

Your all mighty Sagarin says they,be played enough quality to be ranked 7th.

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 09:58 AM
Your all mighty Sagarin says they,be played enough quality to be ranked 7th.I asked who they have played.

Pard4Life
October 14th, 2018, 10:16 AM
Just keep posting to this thread... love seeing that score everyday 😂

LehighU11
October 14th, 2018, 10:59 AM
Just keep posting to this thread... love seeing that score everyday 
Lehigh is absolutely awful this year, but at least we aren't the Pards. Lafayette has lost 10 straight against Princeton, and is 2-15 vs. the Tigers in the PL era. In contrast, Lehigh is 5-2 against Princeton since 2010 and 13-6 since the Patriot League was formed.

Ramblin' Man
October 14th, 2018, 11:53 AM
I asked who they have played.

Butler, Monmouth, and Lehigh OOC. Those Three teams scored 7, 9, and 7 points, respectively, against them. Princeton scored 50, 51, and 66 points, respectively.

Columbia and Brown, in conference. They each scored 10 points against Princeton, while the Tigers scored 45 and 48, respectively.

Satisfied?

The number 7 ranking is well deserved, in my opinion. And I'm no Princeton fan. Work out the average points scored vs. points allowed. Pretty impressive, I'd say.

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 12:02 PM
Butler, Monmouth, and Lehigh OOC. Those Three teams scored 7, 9, and 7 points, respectively, against them. Princeton scored 50, 51, and 66 points, respectively.

Columbia and Brown, in conference. They each scored 10 points against Princeton, while the Tigers scored 45 and 48, respectively.

Satisfied?

The number 7 ranking is well deserved, in my opinion. And I'm no Princeton fan. Work out the average points scored vs. points allowed. Pretty impressive, I'd say.

You literally just proved my point. Which one of these teams would the selection committee even bat an eye towards? I'll give you a clue, not a single one of them. Any one who says Monmouth needs to look at how they have produced. Until these schools get off their high horse and play the powerhouses of the FCS, I have very little reason to vote for them.

PAllen
October 14th, 2018, 12:06 PM
You literally just proved my point. Which one of these teams would the selection committee even bat an eye towards? I'll give you a clue, not a single one of them. Any one who says Monmouth needs to look at how they have produced. Until these schools get off their high horse and play the powerhouses of the FCS, I have very little reason to vote for them.

They don't need to get of their high horse as whether or not you vote for them in an AGS poll is completely irrelevant.

PAllen
October 14th, 2018, 12:08 PM
Just keep posting to this thread... love seeing that score everyday 😂
Honestly, this score needs to be kept at the forefront until Corn is gone.

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 12:09 PM
They don't need to get of their high horse as whether or not you vote for them in an AGS poll is completely irrelevant.

If they want the respect they feel like they should be getting, then yes, if they want my vote, I want to see them beat Dartmouth. If they are both undefeated going into that week, the winner will for sure jump into my poll. You can't blame anyone for not voting for them due to their SOS (91), NO T25 wins, isolationism, etc...

Go Green
October 14th, 2018, 12:10 PM

They're still the second best team in the Ivy.

PAllen
October 14th, 2018, 12:13 PM
If they want the respect they feel like they should be getting, then yes, if they want my vote, I want to see them beat Dartmouth. If they are both undefeated going into that week, the winner will for sure jump into my poll. You can't blame anyone for not voting for them due to their SOS (91), NO T25 wins, isolationism, etc...

You're starting to crack me up like BTru used to on the poli board just before he went off the deep end.

TheKingpin28
October 14th, 2018, 12:15 PM
You're starting to crack me up like BTru used to on the poli board just before he went off the deep end.

The difference is, I am actually correct on this. AltTru, is just flat out wrong and he did go off the deep end.

Pards Rule
October 14th, 2018, 01:41 PM
Wow, shocked at both Pard loss and Lehigh score yesterday. Only bright spot for Patriot is in Hamilton, NY this season.

World
October 14th, 2018, 02:38 PM

Satisfied?

Well said

Go...gate
October 14th, 2018, 10:37 PM
I asked who they have played.

Why don't you Google their schedule?

Go...gate
October 14th, 2018, 10:38 PM

Agreed.