PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 10-6

JALMOND
October 3rd, 2018, 08:59 PM
Sitting at 37-9 so far after last week and still searching for the perfect week. Six games on tap for the conference as Montana State drew the short straw and will sit out (North Dakota is not playing this week either). Maybe the last we see of the "gimme" games in the conference this week with the possible exception of upstart Idaho State, who's been waiting a long time to face Idaho. Here are my picks for the weekend.

CP at SAC---Hornets seem to have a good team but just can't play up to their level. Having two weeks to prepare for the Mustangs may be a little overkill however as the Mustangs are trying to stay out of the basement...SAC 34, CP 10.

UI at ISU---Tables have turned in this game since the start of the season. Most would have penciled this in as a Vandals win at the beginning, but now, most would say the Bengals have a good shot at getting a win. Either way, it should be good...ISU 38, UI 31.

PSU at UM---The Grizzlies are rolling and there seems to be no end in sight. The Vikings had to feel good about holding Idaho down a bit, but they still can't break through the conference win column...UM 44, PSU 17.

SUU at EWU---The Thunderbirds promising season is closing fast and now they need a win in probably the worst place to play in the conference this season. The Eagles definitely won't back down here...EWU 41, SUU 24.

UCD at UNC---The Aggies had two weeks to prepare for this showdown against the Bears, who just can't seem to put it all together. They may get a win someday, but this one, even at their home, goes to the guests...UCD 38, UNC 32.

WSU at NAU---The Lumberjacks are not bad without Cookus. They are still capable of getting conference wins, as long as they stay away from the elite. However, the Wildcats are still one of the conference elite...WSU 31, NAU 17.

mvemjsunpx
October 4th, 2018, 01:52 AM
Suutah 26-49 EWU — Well, at least the blood of SUU's defense won't show too much

Cal Poly 24-49 Sac — Sac's O is adept at getting big plays, while Cal Poly's D is adept at allowing big plays

Idaho 17-35 Idaho St. — Here comes ISU's second win over Idaho in the past 3 decades

Weber 27-14 NAU — Cookus is out again, so Weber should be able to put the pillow over NAU's face

Portland St. 14-48 Montana — The perfect homecoming opponent

Davis 27-17 NoCo — The Bears are thinking, "Just one week until Portland State. Just one week until Portland State."

bonarae
October 4th, 2018, 04:07 AM
EWU
Sacramento State
ISU orange
Weber State
Griz
UC Davis

Iridebikes
October 4th, 2018, 07:24 AM
EWU over SUU
ISU over UI- I thought Idaho would have a shot a playoffs. Seems that they're middle of the pack at best.
UM over PSU- Montana's playing well. PSU is not.
SAC over Cal Poly
UC Davis over UNC
Weber beats NAU- If there is an upset I think this is the one.

veinup
October 4th, 2018, 10:39 AM
EWU
Sacramento State
ISU orange
Weber State
Griz
UC Davis

these are also my picks.

MSUBobcat
October 4th, 2018, 11:52 AM
these are also my picks.

Same here. So far everyone is in consensus.

JALMOND
October 4th, 2018, 09:57 PM
Same here. So far everyone is in consensus.

I should have taken Portland State again.xlolx

mvemjsunpx
October 4th, 2018, 11:46 PM

Stop trying to be a martyr. xcoffeex

grizband
October 5th, 2018, 02:37 AM
Sacramento State
Idaho State
Griz
EWU
UC Davis
Weber State

wapiti
October 5th, 2018, 09:27 AM
CP 17 at SAC 35---CP is struggling more than I anticipated at the start of the season. Sac is suppose to be one of the better teams in BSC this season.

UI 20 at ISU 32---ISU being at home and UI struggling gives the W to the Bengals.

PSU 15 at UM 48---The griz should roll in this game and should be playing 2's and 3's in the 2nd half, but will Hauck play the 2's and 3's?

SUU 18 at EWU 35---The birds Ohhh-fer season thus far has been a bit of a surprise. EWU's fer-ohh season has not.

UCD 28 at UNC 24---The Bears have been close to W's and You See Davis has been rolling in the W's.

WSU 21 at NAU 24---I will break the trend of everyone picking the same picks. NAU surprises the BBQ and takes a W.

VandalBasher
October 5th, 2018, 11:18 AM
http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm
FAVORITE Rating Points Golden Recent UNDERDOG &
================================================== ==================================
@ Idaho State AA 17.09 566 85 Idaho AA

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3415&s=300937
Sat
2018-10-06
at Idaho St 31
Idaho 30

http://www.compughterratings.com/CFB/simulations
Idaho 32
ISU 39
EDIT: 10/2/18, Line moved from -3 to -7.5 for ISU
EDIT: 10/4/18, Line moved from -7.5 to -18 for ISU

https://www.5dimes.eu/livelines/livelines.aspx
Idaho at Idaho State - Saturday, October 6, 2018 5:30 PM
985 Idaho +18 -120 +634 Over 62½ -120
986 Idaho State -18 -120 -1300 Under 62½ -120

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/fcs-football-best-games-and-predictions-week-6-2018
Idaho (2-2, 1-1 Big Sky) at Idaho State (3-1, 1-0), 5:35 p.m.
Holt Arena — no make that the Gem State — will be buzzing over this first meeting in 10 years. Idaho holds a 28-11 series lead, but Idaho State won the last time they met as FCS programs in 1995. The host Bengals have been awful defensively in recent seasons, but new defensive coordinator Roger Cooper has them ranked No. 2 in total defense in the Big Sky.

Pick: Idaho State

F'N Hawks
October 5th, 2018, 12:43 PM
That is some crazy line movement. ISU an 18 point favorite at one point. Wowsas.

Roamingriz
October 5th, 2018, 05:54 PM
Cal Poly v Sac St - Cal Poly has been getting their yards but can't keep up. Good place for Sac to jump out of a bye and look strong to get back on BSC radars. CP 21 Sac 42

Idaho v Idaho St - I'd pick my upset here if I had to pick one. If Idaho can't get up for this one, not sure it's going to happen. Bengals get '95 retro on the Vandals. UI 21 IState 26

PSU v UM- Stay healthy, entertain the homecoming crowd, move on. Portland St 18 UM 45

Southern Utah v Ewash - There is a solid team in there somewhere isn't there? I think the T-birds will steal one from a good team at some point this season. SUU 17 EWU 48

Cal Davis v NorthCol - Same with Southern Utah, the bears will pull a game out against someone unexpected.... UCD 39 UNC 27

Webes v No' 'Zona - Not sure NAU has the lumberjack to score enough on a strong Weber defense. Weber probably won't blow the roof off either but .... Weber St 28 NAU 24

JALMOND
October 6th, 2018, 06:36 PM

Again, I should have taken Portland State.

F'N Hawks
October 6th, 2018, 07:07 PM
Idaho is playing some bad football. Ugly stuff.

wapiti
October 6th, 2018, 07:14 PM
Again, I should have taken Portland State.

This PSU win will surely throw your BSC rankings a bit topsy turvy this week.

I also predict we have a most significant loss in Montana this week in the FCS poll

JALMOND
October 6th, 2018, 07:23 PM
This PSU win will surely throw your BSC rankings a bit topsy turvy this week.

I also predict we have a most significant loss in Montana this week in the FCS poll

It will be interesting. Great win but overall, Viks still 1-2 in conference play. Pretty safe to say I'll have the Bobcats ahead of the Griz this week.xthumbsupx

Silenoz
October 6th, 2018, 07:54 PM
Some year we won't suck. Maybe 2022

veinup
October 6th, 2018, 08:03 PM
god bless you JALMOND, I hope you’re having a good evening.

veinup
October 6th, 2018, 08:10 PM
flex defense for life

JALMOND
October 6th, 2018, 08:11 PM
god bless you JALMOND, I hope you’re having a good evening.

Happy for the team. No one here saw this coming. I mean, the Griz are a good team and playing in Wash-Griz, I said a couple weeks ago that even good teams seem to find a way to lose when playing Montana there. I hope I'm not offending anyone. I just don't know what to do.

uofmman1122
October 6th, 2018, 08:13 PM
How the **** did we beat UNI?

Jesus we’re bad.

Silenoz
October 6th, 2018, 09:57 PM
How the **** did we beat UNI?

Jesus we’re bad.
This game and the WIU game are proof that support and facilities mean literally nothing.

Grizalltheway
October 6th, 2018, 10:08 PM
This game and the WIU game are proof that support and facilities mean literally nothing.
They certainly don't when you have a coach who only put effort into recruiting wide receivers for 3 years.

Silenoz
October 6th, 2018, 10:29 PM
They certainly don't when you have a coach who only put effort into recruiting wide receivers for 3 years.
If EWU can win for a decade straight in the middle of a pasture, anyone can.

JALMOND
October 7th, 2018, 01:47 AM
Sitting at 37-9 so far after last week and still searching for the perfect week. Six games on tap for the conference as Montana State drew the short straw and will sit out (North Dakota is not playing this week either). Maybe the last we see of the "gimme" games in the conference this week with the possible exception of upstart Idaho State, who's been waiting a long time to face Idaho. Here are my picks for the weekend.

CP at SAC---Hornets seem to have a good team but just can't play up to their level. Having two weeks to prepare for the Mustangs may be a little overkill however as the Mustangs are trying to stay out of the basement...SAC 34, CP 10.

UI at ISU---Tables have turned in this game since the start of the season. Most would have penciled this in as a Vandals win at the beginning, but now, most would say the Bengals have a good shot at getting a win. Either way, it should be good...ISU 38, UI 31.

PSU at UM---The Grizzlies are rolling and there seems to be no end in sight. The Vikings had to feel good about holding Idaho down a bit, but they still can't break through the conference win column...UM 44, PSU 17.

SUU at EWU---The Thunderbirds promising season is closing fast and now they need a win in probably the worst place to play in the conference this season. The Eagles definitely won't back down here...EWU 41, SUU 24.

UCD at UNC---The Aggies had two weeks to prepare for this showdown against the Bears, who just can't seem to put it all together. They may get a win someday, but this one, even at their home, goes to the guests...UCD 38, UNC 32.

WSU at NAU---The Lumberjacks are not bad without Cookus. They are still capable of getting conference wins, as long as they stay away from the elite. However, the Wildcats are still one of the conference elite...WSU 31, NAU 17.

When the dust settles, I went 3-3, going to 40-12 for the year. But, I am happy. Portland State, NAU and Cal Poly. That's why they play the game.

MTfan4life
October 7th, 2018, 05:29 AM
Let's just all sit back and marvel at the fact that next week UC Davis and Idaho State will be playing each other for a share of FIRST place in the conference. If Weber State takes down EWU, the Davis/ISU winner would be in sole possession of the temporary top spot in the conference. Those two teams were a combined 5-17 just two seasons ago.

mvemjsunpx
October 7th, 2018, 05:46 AM
Let's just all sit back and marvel at the fact that next week UC Davis and Idaho State will be playing each other for a share of FIRST place in the conference. If Weber State takes down EWU, the Davis/ISU winner would be in sole possession of the temporary top spot in the conference. Those two teams were a combined 5-17 just two seasons ago.

I wonder if Hauck is regretting letting Mike Ferriter go.

BlueGoldAg
October 7th, 2018, 01:42 PM

How sweet it is for Aggies fans, and ISU fans as well, to finally be legitemately relevant in the Big Sky.

F'N Hawks
October 7th, 2018, 04:30 PM
Question: how bad is the Sun Belt?

kalm
October 7th, 2018, 06:43 PM
If EWU can win for a decade straight in the middle of a pasture, anyone can.

Hey!

Silenoz
October 7th, 2018, 09:12 PM
Hey!

I mean that in the nicest possible way

...to you. Not any other EWU fan.