PDA

View Full Version : Positional Changes at Lehigh

ngineer
March 25th, 2007, 07:50 PM
Noticed on the Spring Roster that former QB recruits Santora and Sanchez are now DB's. Sanchez was seen to be a "Threatt-style" of QB, but given the mode Coen appears to be heading the athleticism of Sanchez is going to be put to good use on the D side. Additionally, with his speed, I expect he'll be a leading candidate for KO and PR. Santora supposedly was already playing some DB with the JV's last year. Both played DB in hs, so no huge surprise. With different perspectives on depth, will be interesting to see if Thomas returns to secondary or goes back over to WR. Word on any other 'shifts'??

Lehigh Football Nation
March 26th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Even the biggest nabob of negativism has to say that Lehigh should be absolutely stacked at DB this year. Ahye, Gilliard, Blake, Moore, maybe Brannan Thomas, Quadir Carter, Laquan Gasaway, VanAckeren, Tucker... I think any of these guys could be starters anywhere in the league. I'm pretty sure all have some first-team experience.

Even Jarvis Lewis right now is slated at DB - I think originally he was tagged as a wideout? I'm thinking that Brannan Thomas may end up playing wideout for that reason - it's such a logjam! Just add Sanchez and Ajewole to that mix, and it really gets hairy.

Pard4Life
March 26th, 2007, 09:32 AM
So who is the backup QB when Sedale goes down?

Lehigh Football Nation
March 26th, 2007, 09:36 AM
QB Kevin Marshall. Third-string is QB Chris Bokosky, and we also have some interesting freshman coming in the fall.

RichH2
March 26th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Lewis a db there was some talk in his 1st yr about some wr but other than special teams he is on D would expect him to star again on ST.

Certainly good enuf tomove up but where. As noted there are lots of very good dbs , altho I think some of the cbs lack coverage skill they all hit a ton.
Perhaps coach K may go to the 3-8 D "We dont need no stinking linebackers."

ngineer
March 26th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Lewis a db there was some talk in his 1st yr about some wr but other than special teams he is on D would expect him to star again on ST.

Certainly good enuf tomove up but where. As noted there are lots of very good dbs , altho I think some of the cbs lack coverage skill they all hit a ton.
Perhaps coach K may go to the 3-8 D "We dont need no stinking linebackers."

xlolx xrotatehx xlolx xrotatehx

ngineer
March 26th, 2007, 08:46 PM
QB Kevin Marshall. Third-string is QB Chris Bokosky, and we also have some interesting freshman coming in the fall.

Marshall is a more than adequate backup. He has a very strong arm. He's a lefty and not as mobile as Sedale.

Lehigh74
March 27th, 2007, 11:51 AM
What type of talent does Bokosky have? Has anyone seen him play?

RichH2
March 27th, 2007, 12:45 PM
He is a fairly mobile qb with a good arm, comes out of a pasing O in HS. while not a cannon he does appear to be accurate. Q is how well he can read and react to Ds. Coen is still running the LU O but with a slight change in emphasis to the run game, so qb has numerous options on each pass.