PDA

View Full Version : Feature Article On Austin Peay's Turnaround

DFW HOYA
September 25th, 2018, 05:46 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/12-year-old-meet-countrys-unconventional-young-coach-212251713.html

JSUSoutherner
September 25th, 2018, 06:33 PM
I stopped caring after they got booty blasted by Martin.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 25th, 2018, 06:59 PM
Jacksonville State is going to crush this team.

Bubble team last year? They had no business even to be considered.

JSUSoutherner
September 25th, 2018, 07:05 PM

I'm sure we'll find a way to make it closer than it has any business being. Gotta keep the fans from falling asleep. That MVSU game was the most boring game I have ever been to.

Mocs123
September 25th, 2018, 07:34 PM
Hopefully we can keep the fans from falling asleep when we play next season. And I hope we win so you can take down your sig - I'm tired of looking at it. :)

JSUSoutherner
September 25th, 2018, 07:37 PM
Hopefully we can keep the fans from falling asleep when we play next season. And I hope we win so you can take down your sig - I'm tired of looking at it. :)
Smack aside, win or lose our games with UTC have been crazy. That playoff game shaved 5 years off my life lol

Mocs123
September 25th, 2018, 08:11 PM
They have been fun - at least until the final whistle blows from a UTC fans prospective. I am looking forward to next years trip to Jacksonville.

JSUSoutherner
September 25th, 2018, 08:29 PM
They have been fun - at least until the final whistle blows from a UTC fans prospective. I am looking forward to next years trip to Jacksonville.

Likewise. Hope you guys bring a crowd again.

Redbird 4th & short
September 25th, 2018, 11:22 PM

this !

zero quality wins .. the story was great, the hype was hard to stomach.

Milktruck74
September 26th, 2018, 06:31 AM
I'm looking forward to a trip to Cooter's....seems like I remember most of those games at Finley....does JSU not like to play at home? or did we get a 3:1 home and home with yall? Ha

JSUSoutherner
September 26th, 2018, 06:35 AM
Nah we want to Finley twice on this contract, you guys are coming to BSF next year and sometime TBD.

Cocky
September 26th, 2018, 06:46 AM
Shouldnt it be Austin Peay makes a U turn then another.
AP has a lot going for it which makes it hard to understand their difficulty in having a quality football team.

Milktruck74
September 26th, 2018, 07:39 AM
AP has a lot going for it which makes it hard to understand their difficulty in having a quality football team.

A few APSU observations....

They did get thumped by Martin, but Martin is a pretty good team. Peay just ran into the perfect storm, Martin lost a tough one to Chattanooga the week before and they had plenty of motivation to prove they are not really a 0-4 team.

Had Healy gone to the playoffs last season, he might not have been there this year....as it is, he has to do one of two things to leave this year (and either will get him out of Clarksville)....both of which are tall orders....1. Win the OVC. 2. Make the playoffs as an at large
And both of which will require a win agains JSU. There is little argument that the Cocks are down this year, but I don't think they are that far down.

Based on the last 25 years at APSU, just winning 5 or 6 games is a HUGE turn around. Yes, they had a solid season last year and people were talking playoffs....but the reality is they have been awful (like 2 winning season in 25 years awful) for along time and just getting to 0.500 is a huge step in the right direction for this team.

dgtw
September 26th, 2018, 11:25 AM

I saw the title and thought it was how they turned around from last year and started sucking again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk