PDA

View Full Version : Villanova at Stony Brook

Gangtackle11
September 23rd, 2018, 09:42 AM
6pm Saturday out on the Island.

Should be a good one & the beginning of separating the contenders from the pretenders in the CAA.

Seawolf97
September 23rd, 2018, 10:05 AM
Looking forward to this game should be a good one.

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
September 23rd, 2018, 10:31 AM
How's Villanova's run defense?

caribbeanhen
September 23rd, 2018, 10:52 AM
now this is tough game to pick..... leaning towards Nova early but things might change ......

I really thought Stony was going to show up at Air Force, but they have bounced back nicely

POD Knows
September 23rd, 2018, 11:29 AM
now this is tough game to pick..... leaning towards Nova early but things might change ......

I really thought Stony was going to show up at Air Force, but they have bounced back nicelyYep, I have these guys real close in my poll. Toss up game, slight edge to SB at home.

SBUFAN33
September 23rd, 2018, 11:37 AM
If stony gets up early could be a long day for nova. Think this will a close game stony by a score.

Gangtackle11
September 23rd, 2018, 11:46 AM
How's Villanova's run defense?

Past few seasons it’s been a top FCS defense against the run.

This season:

@Temple 22-46 (2.09 avg.)
@Lehigh 24-32 (1.33 avg.)
Towson 52-208 (4.00 avg.)
Bucknell 27-41 (1.52 avg.)

Totals 125-327 (2.62 avg)

Run defense was ranked 19th in FCS going into Bucknell game.

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
September 23rd, 2018, 01:55 PM
Hmm, I hope the coach is working on some passing plays.

Past few seasons it’s been a top FCS defense against the run.

This season:

@Temple 22-46 (2.09 avg.)
@Lehigh 24-32 (1.33 avg.)
Towson 52-208 (4.00 avg.)
Bucknell 27-41 (1.52 avg.)

Totals 125-327 (2.62 avg)

Run defense was ranked 19th in FCS going into Bucknell game.

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
September 23rd, 2018, 02:12 PM
By the way over the next three weeks my Seawolves will be playing the Wildcats of Villanova, the Tigers of Towson, and the Wildcats of New Hampshire. Then later in the season we'll be playing the James Madison Dukes (mascot the bulldog) and the Great Danes of Albany. That's an awful lot of cats and dogs in our conference. Not to mention we just played the Bryant bulldogs last week. Hmm, let's make a list of opponents for the Stony Brook canines:

Cats: 3 (Bryant, James Madison, Albany)
Dogs: 3 (Villanova, Towson, New Hampshire)
Rams: 2 (Rhode Island, Fordham)
Birds: 2 (Air Force, Delaware)
Arachnids: 1 (Richmond)
Whatever the hell this thing in the picture below is: 1 (William & Mary)
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28942&stc=1

- - - Updated - - -

By the way over the next three weeks my Seawolves will be playing the Wildcats of Villanova, the Tigers of Towson, and the Wildcats of New Hampshire. Then later in the season we'll be playing the James Madison Dukes (mascot the bulldog) and the Great Danes of Albany. That's an awful lot of cats and dogs in our conference. Not to mention we just played the Bryant bulldogs last week. Hmm, let's make a list of opponents for the Stony Brook canines:

Cats: 3 (Bryant, James Madison, Albany)
Dogs: 3 (Villanova, Towson, New Hampshire)
Rams: 2 (Rhode Island, Fordham)
Birds: 2 (Air Force, Delaware)
Arachnids: 1 (Richmond)
Whatever the hell this thing in the picture below is: 1 (William & Mary)
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28942&stc=1

HailSzczur
September 23rd, 2018, 03:16 PM
Any idea what's up with Bell? I didn't see him on the sideline at all, and it appeared he was a late scratch

caribbeanhen
September 23rd, 2018, 03:22 PM
6pm Saturday out on the Island.

Should be a good one & the beginning of separating the contenders from the pretenders in the CAA.

down here that term means anywhere outside of the San Juan Metro.....

Gangtackle11
September 23rd, 2018, 04:49 PM
Any idea what's up with Bell? I didn't see him on the sideline at all, and it appeared he was a late scratch

He’s dealing with an undisclosed injury. No idea when he will return. Nova held out Bell, starting Center Grattan, & Rob Rolle vs. Bucknell. Not sure of any of the 3 for Stony Brook.

Gangtackle11
September 23rd, 2018, 04:51 PM
down here that term means anywhere outside of the San Juan Metro.....

Hey Carrib,

You might want to check-in with your AD Chrissy. She’s from the Midwest & probably mixed up scheduling the Bison. She wanted Howard or Bucknell, but u got NDSU. U-G-L-Y. Thankfully, NDSU coach played it like Nova & didn’t run it up on you guys in Fargo. xpeacex

HailSzczur
September 23rd, 2018, 05:09 PM
He’s dealing with an undisclosed injury. No idea when he will return. Nova held out Bell, starting Center Grattan, & Rob Rolle vs. Bucknell. Not sure of any of the 3 for Stony Brook.

That's good. I saw some students with a "Free Bell" bed sheet and was worried something off the field was going on.

Grattan is out for the year I believe right?

I remembered seeing Rolle head to the locker room with like 2 min left against Towson, but he did make it back in, so hopefully he's day to day? Looked like a he was booted yesterday. (I've been too busy to follow or check interviews)

Changa Hodge was out as well. Glad we were able to take a lot of the first stringers out 2/3 of the way through the game. We're gonna need to get some of these guys back ASAP.

caribbeanhen
September 23rd, 2018, 06:02 PM
Hey Carrib,

You might want to check-in with your AD Chrissy. She’s from the Midwest & probably mixed up scheduling the Bison. She wanted Howard or Bucknell, but u got NDSU. U-G-L-Y. Thankfully, NDSU coach played it like Nova & didn’t run it up on you guys in Fargo. xpeacex

negotions ongoing to have next years game mercifully canceled...... Let's see, Robert Morris, Georgetown and Marist should bring us into the CAA at 3 and 0

iBOsbu
September 23rd, 2018, 07:05 PM
Our offense is one dimensional. We live by the running game and die by the running game. Our defense is solid though. Expecting a low scoring game

hoidOfYolen
September 23rd, 2018, 07:15 PM
Our offense is one dimensional. We live by the running game and die by the running game. Our defense is solid though. Expecting a low scoring game

Some teams just match up really well against others, and I feel like Nova matches up reaaaaallly well against Stony Brook. It's hard to establish a good tempo against Nova without passing. We know from the Towson game that they aren't worldbeaters, but they certainly can put up points on offense. They are balanced and hungry after their injury-ridden season last year. I'd look for Nova to win this game by more than 2 scores.

MR. CHICKEN
September 23rd, 2018, 10:25 PM
Hey Carrib,

........SHE SKEDDED......H/H....WHIFF BIZONSSSSS.....TA JUMP START.....INTEREST IN.....YOU-DEE PIGGY...AGIN'...TA IMPROVE OURAH 14K.....EVERAH WEEK.....WE WERE MAN-HANDLED.....LIKE EVERAH-ONE ELSE WHO MAKES DAT TRIP.......AH'M GUARANTEEIN'.....UH TUBBY FIELD SELL-OUT NEXT SEPT...........WE GRAD 20+....AN' SO DO DEY..........SAY...WHAA NOT....TRY 'EM.......YOURSELF SOMETIME.....xrolleyesx...AWK!

Gangtackle11
September 23rd, 2018, 10:33 PM
........SHE SKEDDED......H/H....WHIFF SAID BIZONSSSSS.....TA JUMP START.....INTEREST IN.....YOU-DEE PIGGY...AGIN'...TA IMPROVE OURAH 14K.....EVERAH WEEK.....WE WERE MAN-HANDLED.....LIKE EVERAH-ONE ELSE WHO MAKES DAT TRIP.......AH'M GUARANTEEIN'.....UH TUBBY FIELD SELL-OUT NEXT SEPT...........WE GRAD 20+....AN' SO DO DEY..........SAY...WHAA NOT....TRY 'EM.......YOURSELF SOMETIME.....xrolleyesx...AWK!

Nah....Cats will rent 3 busses and head down to the Linc to play Temple. We play Penn State a couple of times like you too. Sprinkle in the 3 Pennsylvania PL schools and it’s the Nova recipe.

Besides Wildcats don’t like being inside. We’ll leave that to you Hens. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
September 24th, 2018, 07:18 PM
Opening Line: Stony Brook - 1.5 (o/u 41.5)

Schism55
September 24th, 2018, 07:28 PM
Excited for this game!
Good ole fashioned punch in the face contest xsmiley_wix

ecasadoSBU
September 24th, 2018, 07:43 PM
Hope to see a lot of Villanova fans at LaValle and that both sides enjoy a great football game.

Let's gooo!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 24th, 2018, 07:46 PM
SBU has been the best team no one talks about for going on two years. Villanova is really good overall but their QB is still a bit sketchy if the Wildcats are forced to score points. This has all makings of a classic! I could see either team in Frisco.

Gangtackle11
September 25th, 2018, 02:09 PM
Any Sea Wolves fan out there that can tell me what lot the visiting team tail gates in at LaValle Stadium?

Info much appreciated.

MR. CHICKEN
September 25th, 2018, 04:06 PM
SBU has been the best team no one talks about for going on two years. Villanova is really good overall but their QB is still a bit sketchy if the Wildcats are forced to score points. This has all makings of a classic! I could see either team in Frisco.

......THEN YOU'D.....BE HALLUCINATIN'.........xrolleyesx.........BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
September 25th, 2018, 04:17 PM
Any Sea Wolves fan out there that can tell me what lot the visiting team tail gates in at LaValle Stadium?

Info much appreciated.

Nova Tailgate, sorry GT couldnt resist xpeacex

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/lonely-tailgate-party-picture-id78817674

Gangtackle11
September 25th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Nova Tailgate, sorry GT couldnt resist xpeacex

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/lonely-tailgate-party-picture-id78817674

Lol. That’s great Carrib. The 1 person represents the number of wins the so-called football school has over the so-called basketball school in the last 12 meetings. xpeacex

Gangtackle11
September 27th, 2018, 11:06 AM
Villanova Game Notes:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/villanova.com/documents/2018/9/27/5_Stony_Brook.pdf

CHIP72
September 29th, 2018, 07:21 PM
Stony Brook has really turned this game around; after trailing 21-0 in the latter half of the 2nd quarter, the Seawolves now lead 23-21 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Incidentally, this game is on Fox College Sports Atlantic (Channel 300 on Verizon FiOS).

SBUFAN33
September 29th, 2018, 07:50 PM
Big turn around in the 2nd half, Nova is still in the locker room.

- - - Updated - - -

And we need to invest in a kicker, this has been horrible all season

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 29th, 2018, 08:14 PM
SBU won 29-27

The Seawolves will hopefully get some national respect! They're legit...and have been...

Seawolf97
September 29th, 2018, 09:40 PM
Really great game . Both teams played tough especially down the stretch in the 4th quarter. Im sure we will meet again in the play offs.

ecasadoSBU
September 29th, 2018, 10:17 PM
That was amazing. Lets gooo BROOK!!!! What a comeback!

Gangtackle11
September 30th, 2018, 01:46 AM
Late night driving back from Stony Brook.

I’ll have some thoughts collected for tomorrow.

Love the Stony Brook Lavalle Field & congrats on your win.

jmu007
September 30th, 2018, 06:45 AM
This was a great game. Stony Brook is having a hell of a start to the year so far. Glad they're on the schedule in the CAA rotation this year.

reeder
September 30th, 2018, 06:49 AM
Congrats to Stony Brook - the most underrated FCS team? 14-4 over the last season and a half with two of those losses to FBS teams.

cx500d
September 30th, 2018, 09:16 AM
What bothers me about Stony Brook is they couldn't score one point against a fairly bad Air Force Academy team....ZERO

caribbeanhen
September 30th, 2018, 09:20 AM
What bothers me about Stony Brook is they couldn't score one point against a fairly bad Air Force Academy team....ZERO

Yes, me too, I thought they would at least show up in that game, but that's a long trip and the air is thin up there

Gangtackle11
September 30th, 2018, 09:35 AM
Ok.

Here are my thoughts after a late night drive home from Stony Brook.

1.) Congrats to Stony Brook. Down 21-0 late in 2Q they obviously didn’t give up & showed a determination of a very good football team.
2.) Nice FCS Stadium. Wish Nova would invest in a similar venue.
3.) Nova QB was getting pressure most of the game. Took some big hits from SB & finally taken out with some kind of shoulder issue.
4.) Nova up 21-6 at half & has opening 2nd half kickoff. Returner fumbles, SB recovers & the momentum shift was on.
5.) Nova can’t finish off their CAA opponents Led 14-0 to Towson & 21-0 to Stony Brook.
6.) Nova special teams are abysmal once again. Missed chippy FG & fumble kick return.
7.) Both SB & Towson are solid teams. I’d say Towson impressed me more. Flacco is the difference.
8) As for Nova....the FCS playoffs are in the balance soon if not next week @ Maine. I have no idea what Nova team will show up. Our backup QB played well getting Nova to within a 2 Point conversation away to a tie at SB. He started and help beat Maine last season. So there is hope. Dwindling week by week, but still hopeful.

A grumpy GT11.....xpeacex

POD Knows
September 30th, 2018, 09:42 AM
To all you that dogged me on my SB position in my poll, suck it baby.

caribbeanhen
September 30th, 2018, 11:01 AM
To all you that dogged me on my SB position in my poll, suck it baby.

just remember to put Towson over Nova this week

caribbeanhen
September 30th, 2018, 11:02 AM
Late night driving back from Stony Brook.

I’ll have some thoughts collected for tomorrow.

Love the Stony Brook Lavalle Field & congrats on your win.

hope that late night drive through NYC was free and clear GT..... Somebody must of seen a grump on the NJTP headed into the bathroom.....xpeacex

Gangtackle11
September 30th, 2018, 12:06 PM
hope that late night drive through NYC was free and clear GT..... Somebody must of seen a grump on the NJTP headed into the bathroom.....xpeacex

LOL. There is always a rainbow at the end of most Villanova football seasons. It comes in the form of a Blue Chicken from the low lands of Delaware. As bad as it gets on the Main Line we are all thankful to play the big bad self-proclaimed football school to make our Thanksgiving a happy one most years.

3-2 with @Maine & JMU. After that we get a possible chance to right the ship with UNH, @Richmond, W&M, & @Delaware. xpeacex

caribbeanhen
September 30th, 2018, 12:24 PM
LOL. There is always a rainbow at the end of most Villanova football seasons. It comes in the form of a Blue Chicken from the low lands of Delaware. As bad as it gets on the Main Line we are all thankful to play the big bad self-proclaimed football school to make our Thanksgiving a happy one most years.

3-2 with @Maine & JMU. After that we get a possible chance to right the ship with UNH, @Richmond, W&M, & @Delaware. xpeacex

lowlands? 442 feet above sea level at the highest mountain top in Delaware haha..... almost as high as a Philly sky scraper....

POD Knows
September 30th, 2018, 01:47 PM
just remember to put Towson over Nova this weekI am not even going to show my poll this week. Train wreck

Seawolf97
September 30th, 2018, 02:28 PM

Tough loss for you guys and tough win for us. Hope your QB is ok for next week . Glad you like our stadium only going to get better at the Brook when the Indoor Practice Facility is finished in May of 2019 . See you in the playoffs in November

MR. CHICKEN
October 1st, 2018, 07:33 AM
Ok.

Here are my thoughts after a late night drive home from Stony Brook.

1.) Congrats to Stony Brook. Down 21-0 late in 2Q they obviously didn’t give up & showed a determination of a very good football team.
2.) Nice FCS Stadium. Wish Nova would invest in a similar venue.
3.) Nova QB was getting pressure most of the game. Took some big hits from SB & finally taken out with some kind of shoulder issue.
4.) Nova up 21-6 at half & has opening 2nd half kickoff. Returner fumbles, SB recovers & the momentum shift was on.
5.) Nova can’t finish off their CAA opponents Led 14-0 to Towson & 21-0 to Stony Brook.
6.) Nova special teams are abysmal once again. Missed chippy FG & fumble kick return.
7.) Both SB & Towson are solid teams. I’d say Towson impressed me more. Flacco is the difference.
8) As for Nova....the FCS playoffs are in the balance soon if not next week @ Maine. I have no idea what Nova team will show up. Our backup QB played well getting Nova to within a 2 Point conversation away to a tie at SB. He started and help beat Maine last season. So there is hope. Dwindling week by week, but still hopeful.

A grumpy GT11.....xpeacex

........YER BLOODLINE....UH KICKERS.....MUSTAH MARRIED FROM WITHIN.......xrolleyesx.........BROCCO!

Gangtackle11
October 2nd, 2018, 05:56 AM
........YER BLOODLINE....UH KICKERS.....MUSTAH MARRIED FROM WITHIN.......xrolleyesx.........BROCCO!

More than likely born in Delaware if this is the case. xpeacex