PDA

View Full Version : The Bottom 10

BisonTru
September 23rd, 2018, 01:29 AM
So since were in the midst of starting conference play. Let's take a look at the worst of the division. Do your own if you like, or just rag on mine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer 1: Only 1 team from any conference makes my list. We could pick on the Pioneer, but they don't have scholarships. Kind of a big deal if you want to compete. We could also pick on the SWAC, but in reality once you factor in the Pioneer's teams travel most SWAC schools probably spend less on their football budget than even the Pioneer confernce.

Disclaimer 2: I did this a few years ago and there was a whole pit of garbage to pick from in the FCS; many teams losing to lower level schools and putting together incredible losing streaks. So far most teams are taking care of their LL games and some traditional dumpster fires have crawled out to respectable. So maybe our **** don't stink as bad as it use to.

Disclaimer 3: Arkansas Pine Bluff also deserves to be on this, but you know rules and ****. Honorable mentions to Marist and Davidson as well. Also since it's marker week Coach Stig's alcoholic beverage choice before driving probably deserves an honorable mention as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

10. Idaho - Ok, Portland State should probably be here given their only win the past two seasons is an awful NAIA team, but given the Vandals were down 5 TDs to UC-Davis going into the fourth quarter a year after moving DOWN from FBS, they get the spot. Really their only win as a new FCS team is D2 Western New Mexico who hasn't won their last 7 games. Win some FCS football games and you might come off this list. Till then you should be familiar with these kinds of list from your FBS days.

9. Sam Houston State - Two things you'll hear plenty often from Sammy fans is their most playoff wins from a team not name NDSU and I'm a Sammy hater. Well, you can pretty much cement me in that title now. I could have went with perennial door mat Houston Baptist, but they did beat their D2 payout game and they also won a D1 game last year. So congrats Huskies you get a break from this. Sammy should have lost the opener vs. Prairie View. Lost at home to UND and now gets boatraced by Nicholls St. Sorry Sammy you're not even a paper tiger any more. You're a wet crumbled piece of paper that once resembled a kitty cat. Hey, #hatersgonnahate.:D

8. Brown - The IVY league is big bag of meh. Nobody's really good. Nobody's really bad. Nobody plays anybody, and nobody is going to the playoffs. Massey has Brown as the worst team. So this is all the effort I'm putting into a conference that doesn't really care about the rest of us.

7. Campbell - The Big South is home to a lot of cool nicknames and some really bad football. Home to probably the coolest nickname and the worst team in the conference is the Fighting Camels. In close second place is the Blue hose for both cool nicknames and bad football.

6. Lafayette - The Patriot league has a three man race for the bottom with Bucknell and Georgetown but the Leopards haven't won a football game in just shy of a calendar year. Really to be fair to the rest of the Patriot conference outside of Colgate looks pretty damn awful. If the Pioneer and SWAC are turd sandwiches the Patriot is a turd sandwich with cheese.

5. Virginia Military Institute - VMI starts once again winless at 0-3 after not winning a game last year including a loss to D2 Catawba. According to Massey the only remaining game they have more than an 8% chance at winning is D2 Tusculum. Better get past those Pioneers or it's another 0 fer for the Keydets this season. I'd bet on Tusculum and I don't know anything about them.

4. Delaware St - I almost had Morgan State here given the Hornets beat them head to head last year which would be only the third win in two seasons between either program before today, but then this weekend the Golden Bears beat leader of the conference, FAKE 2017 national champion, and AGS's #6 team in the country NC A&T xconfusedx. So DSU you're back to a pretty familiar spot on this list.

3. Robert Morris - The Colonials only win this year is a 3 point squeaker by D2 Virginia State which would be only their 5th win in 3 years including a two point beatdown of D2 Malone. They don't have much of a chance to get a D1 win this year, but they should get another victory over D2 Central State (Ohio) who's only win last year was .... D1 Arkansas Pine Bluff xdontknowx. See Disclaimer #3.

2. Mississippi Valley State - Clenz's Delta Devils once again make the list. They've given up 130 points in the past two games. If it weren't for Arkansas Pine Bluff (See again Disclaimer #3) their only win in the past 3 years would be against Virginia Lynchburg who after some googling I don't even think is a college football team .... any level.

1. Valparaiso - Not only did the Crusaders let YSU put up 42 on them (Pelini spends more time bathing his cat then he does coaching his offense), but you lost to something called Truman State. On top of losing by two touchdowns, they gave Truman State their second win in 11 games. They do get a chance to beat fellow conference bottom feeder Davidson next week who gets a break from this list because despite not winning a D1 game the past 3 years they are 2-0 against something called Guilford and are winning their other "who in the hell is that" games.

Conferences off the list (MVFC, CAA, OVC) - The MVFC and the CAA, the top two conferences in FCS and with Missouri State and Rhode Island looking kinda ok for a change both don't make the list. Also the OVC doesn't have a representative after Austin Peay all of a sudden has jumped from setting losing streaks to damn near a playoff team last year.

Disclaimer #4: After further review on Virginia of Lynchburgh or something like that, I still haven't determined if they are actually a college football team, but they play 3 FCS opponents this season. Cmon guys, at least schedule D2 or NAIA with scholarships.

*I'll rep whoever can tell me what V of L is and what division or league or whatever football they play in.

Twentysix
September 23rd, 2018, 02:08 AM
You had me at turd sandwich with cheese

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

MTfan4life
September 23rd, 2018, 06:10 AM
So since were in the midst of starting conference play. Let's take a look at the worst of the division. Do your own if you like, or just rag on mine.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer 1: Only 1 team from any conference makes my list. We could pick on the Pioneer, but they don't have scholarships. Kind of a big deal if you want to compete. We could also pick on the SWAC, but in reality once you factor in the Pioneer's teams travel most SWAC schools probably spend less on their football budget than even the Pioneer conference.

10. Idaho - Ok, Portland State should probably be here given their only win the past two seasons is an awful NAIA team, but given the Vandals were down 5 TDs to UC-Davis going into the fourth quarter a year after moving DOWN from FBS, they get the spot. Really their only win as a new FCS team is D2 Western New Mexico who hasn't won their last 7 games. Win some FCS football games and you might come off this list. Till then you should be familiar with these kinds of list from your FBS days.

Disclaimer #4: After further review on Virginia of Lynchburgh or something like that, I still haven't determined if they are actually a college football team, but they play 3 FCS opponents this season. Cmon guys, at least schedule D2 or NAIA with scholarships.

*I'll rep whoever can tell me what V of L is and what division or league or whatever football they play in.

Lynchburg is in the NCCAA, aka the same division Trinity Bible College is a part of.

Also, you can diss the University of Idaho all you want but back off College of Idaho! They have been buried by a brutal schedule. They are NOT an awful NAIA team. If they weren't stuck in the juiced up Frontier, they'd be 4-1 right now!

P.S. Leaving the OVC out of a bottom 10 like this should be an arrest-able offense. Eastern Ill is 0-4 and gave the Trees their first FCS win since October of 2016.

cx500d
September 23rd, 2018, 06:13 AM
Ok, but Sammy May be a bit of a troll

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kalm
September 23rd, 2018, 08:29 AM
Lynchburg is in the NCCAA, aka the same division Trinity Bible College is a part of.

Also, you can diss the University of Idaho all you want but back off College of Idaho! They have been buried by a brutal schedule. They are NOT an awful NAIA team. If they weren't stuck in the juiced up Frontier, they'd be 4-1 right now!

P.S. Leaving the OVC out of a bottom 10 like this should be an arrest-able offense. Eastern Ill is 0-4 and gave the Trees their first FCS win since October of 2016.

Know it all.

COI has a great program...in skiing in snowboarding. xcoffeex But when it comes to football, they're certainly no Ricks!

I agree on the OVC. Let's place the entire conference there...maybe even include some former conference members that have moved up.

For the CAA it's clearly UNH. They're about to go 0-4 when they lose to Elon. They then face Holy Cross who beat them by 25 last year. But they'll still get an at large.

With MVFC (gaaaawwwwd...Btru is such a homer) it should be any team that loses to the OVC (ahem...SIU looking at you here) but then there's the mighty Butler Bulldogs. Known for it's hoops, losing to Ivy League Schools 50-7, and minor upsets against former FCS champs who are now a study in mopishness.

TheRevSFA
September 23rd, 2018, 08:34 AM
Trollers gonna troll when it comes to Sammy.

POD Knows
September 23rd, 2018, 08:36 AM
Know it all.

COI has a great program...in skiing in snowboarding. xcoffeex But when it comes to football, they're certainly no Ricks!

I agree on the OVC. Let's place the entire conference there...maybe even include some former conference members that have moved up.

For the CAA it's clearly UNH. They're about to go 0-4 when they lose to Elon. They then face Holy Cross who beat them by 25 last year. But they'll still get an at large.

With MVFC (gaaaawwwwd...Btru is such a homer) it should be any team that loses to the OVC (ahem...SIU looking at you here) but then there's the mighty Butler Bulldogs. Known for it's hoops, losing to Ivy League Schools 50-7, and minor upsets against former FCS champs who are now a study in mopishness.There is nobody in the MVFC that belongs with those list of dregs on the OP, we would normally be able to feed you Misery State but not even they can crack this hall of horrors.

Also, who would win between Valpo and Pine Bluff? Woof

Professor Chaos
September 23rd, 2018, 09:02 AM
Good list but I think UAPB needs to be on it. In the last two weeks they've given up 152 points and 1741 yards of total offense (yeah.... that's just in TWO games).

You can add a D2 loss to Morehouse also (who actually is 4-0). Makes you wonder how awful whatever Cumberland is that UAPB beat 55-0.

katss07
September 23rd, 2018, 09:30 AM
Good list but I think UAPB needs to be on it. In the last two weeks they've given up 152 points and 1741 yards of total offense (yeah.... that's just in TWO games).

You can add a D2 loss to Morehouse also (who actually is 4-0). Makes you wonder how awful whatever Cumberland is that UAPB beat 55-0.
I agree. Pine Bluff might be the worst FCS team this season.

Oh, and #HatersGonnaHate. When we make the playoffs I better see a different SLC team on this list.xnodx

POD Knows
September 23rd, 2018, 10:03 AM
I agree. Pine Bluff might be the worst FCS team this season.

Oh, and #HatersGonnaHate. When we make the playoffs I better see a different SLC team on this list.xnodxDo you think Valpo would beat Pine Bluff, I think it would be an epic game

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 23rd, 2018, 10:05 AM
The entire Patriot League (6-21 overall record) should be on here!

katss07
September 23rd, 2018, 10:08 AM
Do you think Valpo would beat Pine Bluff, I think it would be an epic game
Valpo/Pine Bluff would be a must watch.

Pards Rule
September 23rd, 2018, 10:10 AM
The entire Patriot League (6-21 overall record) should be on here!
Agreed excepting our friends in the Chenango Valley!

POD Knows
September 23rd, 2018, 10:11 AM
Valpo/Pine Bluff would be a must watch.I think Valpo would probably beat them something like 56 to 49, neither team apparently has contact practices and tackling drills must be non-existent.

Reign of Terrier
September 23rd, 2018, 10:12 AM
Prediction: VMI will win at least 1 game this year. They may be bad, but if you watch them play and you know how bad they are, you'll want to remove them from this list. The dudes just fight and it's hard to describe other than just watching them. They are much better than last year.

Daytripper
September 23rd, 2018, 10:16 AM
Do you think Valpo would beat Pine Bluff, I think it would be an epic game

Drink when there is a penalty, turnover, or piss-poor play. xdrunkyx

POD Knows
September 23rd, 2018, 10:20 AM
Drink when there is a penalty, turnover, or piss-poor play. xdrunkyxIt would be nap time half way through the 1st quarter.

cpalum
September 23rd, 2018, 10:48 AM
Cal Poly is the worst team in the BSC and they’ll have seven more games to prove it.

Laker
September 23rd, 2018, 10:53 AM

They should change their name to Cucumberland and become the Pickles.

ST_Lawson
September 23rd, 2018, 11:30 AM
Makes you wonder how awful whatever Cumberland is that UAPB beat 55-0.

Cumberland is part of one of the classic stories of college football history. Haven't you ever heard about the classic battle between Cumberland and Georgia Tech: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1916_Cumberland_vs._Georgia_Tech_football_game

POD Knows
September 23rd, 2018, 11:35 AM
Cumberland is part of one of the classic stories of college football history. Haven't you ever heard about the classic battle between Cumberland and Georgia Tech: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1916_Cumberland_vs._Georgia_Tech_football_gameGT has zero first downs in the game, OMFG

Pards Rule
September 23rd, 2018, 12:25 PM
Cumberland is part of one of the classic stories of college football history. Haven't you ever heard about the classic battle between Cumberland and Georgia Tech: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1916_Cumberland_vs._Georgia_Tech_football_game

Remember reading about it in one of those books you ordered in school for like 50 cents..It was like an Incredible but True Football Stories...The other story I recall is the President of Susquehanna taking over and coaching his team after a debacle. I believe they won their first game with Prez at helm!

cx500d
September 23rd, 2018, 12:34 PM
GT has zero first downs in the game, OMFG

Yeah, OMFG....Even UND had THREE first downs in their last game against the Bison.

BisonTru
September 23rd, 2018, 01:07 PM

Ok, thanks for kind of clearing up what Lynchburg is. I'm gathering they are maybe a cross between a bible study and a football team.

Fair enough on the College of Idaho. I didn't look into CoI that far. My brother played in the Frontier so I'm reminded often how tough that conference is, and for anyone that wants to complain about the FCS playoffs, go check out the injustices in the NAIA.

Eastern Illinois is probably a snub on my part. I should have just left the IVY off, but I don't know if just forgetting about them is an insult or compliment on a list like this.

cx500d
September 23rd, 2018, 01:12 PM
Ok, thanks for kind of clearing up what Lynchburg is. I'm gathering they are maybe a cross between a bible study and a football team.

Fair enough on the College of Idaho. I didn't look into CoI that far. My brother played in the Frontier so I'm reminded often how tough that conference is, and for anyone that wants to complain about the FCS playoffs, go check out the injustices in the NAIA.

Eastern Illinois is probably a snub on my part. I should have just left the IVY off, but I don't know if just forgetting about them is an insult or compliment on a list like this.

Let me get this straight....You "snubbed" eastern illinois be leaving them off this list?

BisonTru
September 23rd, 2018, 01:16 PM
Let me get this straight....You "snubbed" eastern illinois be leaving them off this list?

I feel awful about it. :D

Mattymc727
September 23rd, 2018, 01:43 PM
W&M May be worse than UNH, hard to tell at this point.

melloware13
September 23rd, 2018, 04:11 PM
Yeah, OMFG....Even UND had THREE first downs in their last game against the Bison.
GT scored on every set of downs, and the game had no gained first downs. Also, similar to how they want to play today, GT had 0 attempted passes and over 5k yards

KPSUL
September 23rd, 2018, 05:31 PM
Know it all.

For the record, College of Idaho's ski team competes in the USCSA, not the NCAA and they do not have a great program even at that level. Snowboarding? COI had one good female snowboarder five years ago. I've never seen a male even compete at USCSA SB Nationals. They may do better at football than snow sports.

Cocky
September 24th, 2018, 07:09 AM
Campbell?, arent they 3-1 with a FBS loss (if you consider Coastal FBS). Not any big wins but at least they are winning. Also doubt anyone is expecting a big win.

Silenoz
September 24th, 2018, 12:11 PM
Funny, a few months ago I would have bet money on Idaho easily taking care of us and finally getting the Stein back.

Red & Black
September 30th, 2018, 04:04 AM
Funny, a few months ago I would have bet money on Idaho easily taking care of us and finally getting the Stein back.

Because of all of their success since leaving the Big Sky? Or maybe it was because of all of that elite “FBS” talent they have on their roster.

UNHWildcat18
September 30th, 2018, 05:42 AM
Time to add UNH, easily the biggest flop of 2018

jmu007
September 30th, 2018, 06:36 AM
Time to add UNH, easily the biggest flop of 2018

I need a sanity check on this. I still have JMU @ UNH as my high stress level game on the schedule this year just because it's at UNH. Am I crazy at this point?

Dukie95
September 30th, 2018, 06:40 AM
Time to add UNH, easily the biggest flop of 2018 I haven't seen UNH, but they lost their starting QB. W&M on the other hand, can't find the end zone with a healthy offense.

jmu007
September 30th, 2018, 06:43 AM
I haven't seen UNH, but they lost their starting QB. W&M on the other hand, can't find the end zone with a healthy offense.

This lends itself to my concerns with UNH. Is Trevor Knight expected back soon? Medical Redshirt year? If he's out for the season my worries go out the window based on the results to date.

cx500d
September 30th, 2018, 09:04 AM
I need a sanity check on this. I still have JMU @ UNH as my high stress level game on the schedule this year just because it's at UNH. Am I crazy at this point?

Apparently so

Mattymc727
September 30th, 2018, 10:18 AM
UNH stinks, don’t worry about them. Knight will be back soon but they aren’t much better with him right now, it’s the OLine that sucks.

W&M is worse than UNH

BisonTru
September 30th, 2018, 10:41 AM
To update this list, shockingly xrolleyesx the top 8 all lost, but I would promote Presy on to the list over Campbell as the Blue Hose barely snuck by a NAIA team 10-0 this week. Sammy and Idaho are back off with wins the latter against Portland State who should be added. Eastern Illinois who I probably snubbed last time, didn't do themselves any favors getting on this list by pulling the win this week.

I'd say New Hampshire might not be the worst team in the CAA and the CAA doesn't necessarily need a rep on this list, but given their historic playoff streak and their abysmal season so far they deserve to spend a week on this list.

So new this week....
10. New Hampshire
9. Portland State
8. Presbyterian

caribbeanhen
September 30th, 2018, 10:56 AM
until New Hampshire achieves loss #5 they will be in the playoff hunt ....

Delaware State hands down the worst team in FCS

Sader87
September 30th, 2018, 11:05 AM
UNH will right their ship (somewhat) sadly this week against us

TheKingpin28
September 30th, 2018, 12:01 PM
until New Hampshire achieves loss #5 they will be in the playoff hunt ....

Delaware State hands down the worst team in FCS

I'd like to introduce you to MVSU.

BisonFan02
September 30th, 2018, 01:11 PM
I'd like to introduce you to MVSU.

Naw....Pine Bluff is terrible.

TheKingpin28
September 30th, 2018, 01:14 PM
Naw....Pine Bluff is terrible.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/f88f5859e0b5477329b872b44edbddd2/tenor.gif

Reign of Terrier
September 30th, 2018, 01:28 PM
To update this list, shockingly xrolleyesx the top 8 all lost, but I would promote Presy on to the list over Campbell as the Blue Hose barely snuck by a NAIA team 10-0 this week. Sammy and Idaho are back off with wins the latter against Portland State who should be added. Eastern Illinois who I probably snubbed last time, didn't do themselves any favors getting on this list by pulling the win this week.

I'd say New Hampshire might not be the worst team in the CAA and the CAA doesn't necessarily need a rep on this list, but given their historic playoff streak and their abysmal season so far they deserve to spend a week on this list.

So new this week....
10. New Hampshire
9. Portland State
8. Presbyterian

VMI is not in the bottom 10 IMO.

Gardner Webb has got to be there. They haven't beaten an FCS team in 2 years and counting

kdinva
September 30th, 2018, 07:29 PM
VMI is not in the bottom 10 IMO.

Keydets improving.........O-line still a work in progress, but when they give Udinski 3.5 seconds, passing game is good.....and VMI's running backs better than their stats.....not getting blocking....plus play calling inside the five can only get better.......JUST RUN THE DAMN BALL WITH A FULLBACK....

Herder
September 30th, 2018, 08:49 PM
Someone please issue an APB for the worst team on this list.