PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 4 2018

superman7515
September 22nd, 2018, 11:51 PM
A few of the later games are completed and entered but haven't had articles released, so some minor things to clean up in the morning, but you get the basic idea.

It's Week 4 and the Ivy League now has two games in the book, so as is tradition, the SOS has returned to the spreadsheet. Remember that as long as you see *** beside a column, those numbers have not been updated to include the games just played this weekend. Sagarin has been especially slow so far this year with the numbers not updating until Sunday afternoon at the earliest, but that is generally because he waits until every game is played to do a single update, whereas Massey will run it at the end of every day. Hopefully that won't be the case this week since there are no Sunday games caused by hurricane delays and the such.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1214ChkM6jndPnklk2Du-bzwuSFgWppgz_9saZBg4XMQ/edit?usp=sharing

As always, if you see an error, send me a PM so that I will definitely see it.

And now for my weekly WTF speech... Pay attention to your ballots!

#24 Northern Iowa - 250
#25 Western Illinois - 249
#26 Towson - 235
#27 Delaware - 234

ORV ... Delaware State

Although it would have changed the poll, it wouldn't have changed the Top 25. This time. Check your ballot before you submit and vote early enough that you can double-check the confirmation email in time to make any corrections (do not vote a second time if you need a correction).

JMUNJ08
September 23rd, 2018, 12:04 AM
I almost feel like Morgan St over NC A&T @ NC A&T is the FCS equivalent of ODU over VT. Just mind boggling. Wonder now if this really knocks them down the polls but INTO the playoff picture?!?!?! Thanks Celebration Bowl!

How about Sammy? Already was #18 last week with a very poor showing. Do they actually drop out of the muddled bottom half of the poll?

katss07
September 23rd, 2018, 12:16 AM
I almost feel like Morgan St over NC A&T @ NC A&T is the FCS equivalent of ODU over VT. Just mind boggling. Wonder now if this really knocks them down the polls but INTO the playoff picture?!?!?! Thanks Celebration Bowl!

How about Sammy? Already was #18 last week with a very poor showing. Do they actually drop out of the muddled bottom half of the poll?
They should. Haven’t beaten anyone. Looked bad in loss. They can earn their way back with a home win over a good UCA team next weekend. Don’t give this crew the benefit of the doubt, they sucked tonight.

McCowboys
September 23rd, 2018, 06:25 AM
A few of the later games are completed and entered but haven't had articles released, so some minor things to clean up in the morning, but you get the basic idea.

It's Week 4 and the Ivy League now has two games in the book, so as is tradition, the SOS has returned to the spreadsheet. Remember that as long as you see *** beside a column, those numbers have not been updated to include the games just played this weekend. Sagarin has been especially slow so far this year with the numbers not updating until Sunday afternoon at the earliest, but that is generally because he waits until every game is played to do a single update, whereas Massey will run it at the end of every day. Hopefully that won't be the case this week since there are no Sunday games caused by hurricane delays and the such.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1214ChkM6jndPnklk2Du-bzwuSFgWppgz_9saZBg4XMQ/edit?usp=sharing

#24 Northern Iowa - 250
#26 Towson - 235
#27 Delaware - 234

ORV ... Delaware State

Although it would have changed the poll, it wouldn't have changed the Top 25. This time. Check your ballot before you submit and vote early enough that you can double-check the confirmation email in time to make any corrections (do not vote a second time if you need a correction).

Can I just save myself a lot of time and effort this week and put the NDSU Bison in spots 1-25? xcoffeex

kalm
September 23rd, 2018, 07:20 AM
Of note:

Sagarin has #24 UNI at 4 and Massey has them at #6
Neither ranking system cares for the SLC all that much. Or for the Southern. Both conferences should be 2 bid at most and possibly 1.

Professor Chaos
September 23rd, 2018, 09:05 AM

I had a real hard time figuring out what to do with NC A&T this week. The have two good wins (JSU and ECU) that are so much better than the teams I ended up putting them around but holy smokes is that Morgan St loss bad. I could see people ranking them anywhere from 10-12 to not even putting them in their ballot depending on how you want to interpret that loss.

MR. CHICKEN
September 23rd, 2018, 09:15 AM

....WHAA 'BOUT SO-GONE....STEAMIN' PILE...UH FURMAN'SAMFORD....AWQ!

Reign of Terrier
September 23rd, 2018, 09:21 AM
Of note:

Sagarin has #24 UNI at 4 and Massey has them at #6
Neither ranking system cares for the SLC all that much. Or for the Southern. Both conferences should be 2 bid at most and possibly 1.

Bet: Socon will get 3.

The rankings are a little bit thrown off because Chattanooga is better than expected and Samford is in full Chris Hatcher mode

smallcollegefbfan
September 23rd, 2018, 09:28 AM

#24 Northern Iowa - 250
#26 Towson - 235
#27 Delaware - 234

ORV ... Delaware State

I almost say if a ballot has Delaware State right now they should not be counted lol. I don't think you can put Delaware in the top 25 right now. Sam Houston State could earn their way back in but right now they really need to go.

I don't see how Chattanooga, doesn't enter the top 25 and possibly the top 20 this week. I'm going to put Illinois State in my top 10. They are looking very good.

- - - Updated - - -

The rankings are a little bit thrown off because Chattanooga is better than expected and Samford is in full Chris Hatcher mode

May get 3 because of the field being 24 teams but as of right now I would say Wofford and Chattanooga are the only ones that should get in if you had to make a bracket today.

smallcollegefbfan
September 23rd, 2018, 09:29 AM
I had a real hard time figuring out what to do with NC A&T this week. The have two good wins (JSU and ECU) that are so much better than the teams I ended up putting them around but holy smokes is that Morgan St loss bad. I could see people ranking them anywhere from 10-12 to not even putting them in their ballot depending on how you want to interpret that loss.

ECU is not that good. The JSU win was a good one and I'll leave them ahead of JSU but I don't see how NC A&T can be in the top 10 with a loss like this. I would have to think that everyone in the top 6-7 would beat Morgan State by 20 or more. Could you see any shot that Morgan State could hold NDSU, JMU, SDSU, EWU, etc under 40-50 points? They held A&T in check but I don't see them doing that to those teams.

Preferred Walk-On
September 23rd, 2018, 09:39 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Preferred Walk-On
September 23rd, 2018, 09:40 AM

Objectively, they're out.
Subjectively, who knows.

kalm
September 23rd, 2018, 09:43 AM

Unless Samford ends up not being that good. I’ll take the 3 teams in bet.

Professor Chaos
September 23rd, 2018, 10:05 AM
ECU is not that good. The JSU win was a good one and I'll leave them ahead of JSU but I don't see how NC A&T can be in the top 10 with a loss like this. I would have to think that everyone in the top 6-7 would beat Morgan State by 20 or more. Could you see any shot that Morgan State could hold NDSU, JMU, SDSU, EWU, etc under 40-50 points? They held A&T in check but I don't see them doing that to those teams.
I agree that they're not a top 10 team after that performance but I could see some people saying that it was an anomaly and their wins over JSU and ECU prove that they just had a really bad day. I don't necessarily agree with that take but I'm just playing devil's advocate.

And I always consider an FBS win a good win (except for maybe that first year that Georgia St was FBS). ECU still had 20 more scholarship athletes and were playing at home. All FBS are good wins but some are better than others. xtwocentsx

chattownmocs
September 23rd, 2018, 10:18 AM
I almost say if a ballot has Delaware State right now they should not be counted lol. I don't think you can put Delaware in the top 25 right now. Sam Houston State could earn their way back in but right now they really need to go.

I don't see how Chattanooga, doesn't enter the top 25 and possibly the top 20 this week. I'm going to put Illinois State in my top 10. They are looking very good.

- - - Updated - - -

May get 3 because of the field being 24 teams but as of right now I would say Wofford and Chattanooga are the only ones that should get in if you had to make a bracket today.

But still a very competitive league with a lot of parity. 3 will materialize IMO. I

Reign of Terrier
September 23rd, 2018, 10:19 AM

To be fair, I'm not a betting person, but I am confident the Socon will get 3 in just because that's the average we get. Right now the Socon looks like a mess, but everyone is easily playing much better than last year (and we almost got 4 in last year!). Scheduling is what's going to bite Samford.

Right now we have 4 teams undefeated in FCS (Wofford, ETSU, Chattanooga, Western) and 4 that still have a shot at a playoff spot, even if it's small (Samford, Citadel, Mercer, Furman). Granted, the herd will thin naturally but the only team I feel confident enough to say won't make the playoffs is Furman and maybe Western and probably ETSU.

chattownmocs
September 23rd, 2018, 10:22 AM

Lol. If Mercer goes 5-2 the rest of the way they are a lock.

kalm
September 23rd, 2018, 10:41 AM
I agree that they're not a top 10 team after that performance but I could see some people saying that it was an anomaly and their wins over JSU and ECU prove that they just had a really bad day. I don't necessarily agree with that take but I'm just playing devil's advocate.

And I always consider an FBS win a good win (except for maybe that first year that Georgia St was FBS). ECU still had 20 more scholarship athletes and were playing at home. All FBS are good wins but some are better than others. xtwocentsx

Agreed but some wins are better than others. ECU was horrible last year and so was UNC. Idaho is just two years removed from a bowl win and even last year beat a bowl team, and they trailed 44-7 in the 3rd quarter against Davis yesterday.

If ECU goes to a bowl game and/or has a quality win or two and JSU runs the table NCAT might deserve to be in the top 25.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2018, 10:44 AM
But still a very competitive league with a lot of parity. 3 will materialize IMO. I

https://i.giphy.com/media/7aUgDrKzk138I/giphy.webp

kalm
September 23rd, 2018, 10:50 AM
Lol. If Mercer goes 5-2 the rest of the way they are a lock.

Probably. Same if Idaho State has only two more losses.

chattownmocs
September 23rd, 2018, 11:01 AM
Truth is, there is a very possible scenario, considering the perceived strength of underachievers Furman and Samford. Wofford, Chattanooga, Mercer, Furman/Samford co-champs. I think 50%+ chance the committee puts in all 4.

POD Knows
September 23rd, 2018, 11:02 AM
Truth is, there is a very possible scenario, considering the perceived strength of underachievers Furman and Samford. Wofford, Chattanooga, Mercer, Furman/Samford co-champs. I think 50%+ chance the committee puts in all 4.I hope they do, it would make the path to Frisco easier for NDSU

chattownmocs
September 23rd, 2018, 11:05 AM
Im Not even saying the SOCON is good. I think it's going to end up being very top heavy, but the top is going to be half the league.

I really dont think Chattanooga would want to match up with Eastern Washington. Not this year, but I think if you saw some tape, youd agree they are pretty good.

chattownmocs
September 23rd, 2018, 11:07 AM
I hope they do, it would make the path to Frisco easier for NDSU

How come? Yall might need a somewhat competitive game just in case James Madison is bringing the heat aging for real this year. Dont want to sleep walk through the easiest part of your schedule (the playoffs) and find JMU spanking that ass with the refs on their side this year.

POD Knows
September 23rd, 2018, 11:27 AM
How come? Yall might need a somewhat competitive game just in case James Madison is bringing the heat aging for real this year. Dont want to sleep walk through the easiest part of your schedule (the playoffs) and find JMU spanking that ass with the refs on their side this year.Yea, that is a good point, also, I had Chatty in my poll last week and being the awesome genius that I am, you guys had my back by beating Samford, who I had dropped out of my top 25 last week, thus reinforcing my drop of Samford from the poll. I think I got called out for dumping Samford last week. I moved you guys up a few spot again this week.

The MVFC is going to be tough this year, I expect a real problem with SDSU and ISUr seems to be real good.

Schism55
September 23rd, 2018, 11:28 AM
Truth is, there is a very possible scenario, considering the perceived strength of underachievers Furman and Samford. Wofford, Chattanooga, Mercer, Furman/Samford co-champs. I think 50%+ chance the committee puts in all 4.
Zero chance Furman makes it, book it.
Not liking the look of Samford either, know he's going to break a bunch of records but Hodges killed his team yesterday with those 3 INT's.

Professor Chaos
September 23rd, 2018, 11:35 AM
Not liking the look of Samford either, know he's going to break a bunch of records but Hodges killed his team yesterday with those 3 INT's.
Both Samford and Furman have to win out to get to 7 D1 wins. I'm pretty sure no one outside of the MVFC has ever gotten an at large invite to the playoffs with only 6 D1 wins and I don't see a 2nd-4th place SOCON team crashing that party this year. Can the SOCON come up with 4 other playoff teams other than those two? I'd buy Wofford and Chatty. ETSU, Mercer, Western Carolina? Meh....

JMUNJ08
September 23rd, 2018, 11:38 AM
Agreed but some wins are better than others. ECU was horrible last year and so was UNC. Idaho is just two years removed from a bowl win and even last year beat a bowl team, and they trailed 44-7 in the 3rd quarter against Davis yesterday.

If ECU goes to a bowl game and/or has a quality win or two and JSU runs the table NCAT might deserve to be in the top 25.

So NC A&T is already out in your mind? They have 2 Ws right now that are better than many others in the polls given the point of the season. They will drop pretty far this week but are still in there. Biggest thing for them is the possibility to not go to the Celebration Bowl (not a round robin league) and that voters will certainly cap how high they can go in the polls from here.

Daytripper
September 23rd, 2018, 11:44 AM
So NC A&T is already out in your mind? They have 2 Ws right now that are better than many others in the polls given the point of the season. They will drop pretty far this week but are still in there. Biggest thing for them is the possibility to not go to the Celebration Bowl (not a round robin league) and that voters will certainly cap how high they can go in the polls from here.

Agree. I think A&T will be in the mid-to-high teens this week.

smallcollegefbfan
September 23rd, 2018, 12:35 PM

It is a solid win but I don't think ECU would beat anyone in the top 5-7 of FCS right now. I looked at Sagarin and it seems like it agrees as well.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

I consider NCAT as having 2 wins against FCS top 15 teams and a loss to a bottom half team so they had to pay a price in my vote.

17 FCS teams in the top 130. If a team is not considered top 75 or so in FBS then I consider it a 8-15 type FCS win.

It is a good win but let's be clear that beating ECU is not as impressive as beating JMU, SDSU, NDSU, or even EWU, Illinois St, or Wofford would be to me right now.

smallcollegefbfan
September 23rd, 2018, 12:36 PM

Long way to go so I'm sure a 3rd will. Just going to be interesting as to who will be that team.

WileECoyote06
September 23rd, 2018, 01:11 PM
A&T is definitely not a top ten team at this point in the season. But to drop them from the Top-25 entirely is extremely harsh. Either we believe in Any Given Saturday or we don't. It was a major upset, but their previous body of work didn't just disappear.

Professor Chaos
September 23rd, 2018, 01:22 PM
It is a solid win but I don't think ECU would beat anyone in the top 5-7 of FCS right now. I looked at Sagarin and it seems like it agrees as well.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/

I consider NCAT as having 2 wins against FCS top 15 teams and a loss to a bottom half team so they had to pay a price in my vote.

17 FCS teams in the top 130. If a team is not considered top 75 or so in FBS then I consider it a 8-15 type FCS win.

It is a good win but let's be clear that beating ECU is not as impressive as beating JMU, SDSU, NDSU, or even EWU, Illinois St, or Wofford would be to me right now.
Yep, I'd agree. Two impressive (top 15-20 FCS caliber) wins and a really bad loss.

cx500d
September 23rd, 2018, 02:27 PM
A&T is definitely not a top ten team at this point in the season. But to drop them from the Top-25 entirely is extremely harsh. Either we believe in Any Given Saturday or we don't. It was a major upset, but their previous body of work didn't just disappear.

Game 1: 148 yds offense vs 403 yds for JSU. If anything, "any given saturday" victim was JSU
Game 2: ECU - May be your best.
Game 3: Gardner-Webb - So?
Game 4: 0-3 Morgan State loss. Again, anemic offense of 208 total yards. Morgan State gave up >400 yds offense in each of their previous three loss games.

kalm
September 23rd, 2018, 02:52 PM
Game 1: 148 yds offense vs 403 yds for JSU. If anything, "any given saturday" victim was JSU
Game 4: 0-3 Morgan State loss. Again, anemic offense of 208 total yards. Morgan State gave up >400 yds offense in each of their previous three loss games.

This and what SCFB said.

And FTR, I never had them in my poll to begin with. I'll put an Ivy, MEAC, or SWAC in late when we start running out of quality resumes and if they are undefeated or have only one loss which probably needs to be a quality loss.

Panther88
September 23rd, 2018, 05:05 PM
This and what SCFB said.

And FTR, I never had them in my poll to begin with. I'll put an Ivy, MEAC, or SWAC in late when we start running out of quality resumes and if they are undefeated or have only one loss which probably needs to be a quality loss.
Biased much? xlolx Never? After their victory over highly touted JackSU? xsmhx

Professor Chaos
September 23rd, 2018, 05:16 PM
They were also outgained 382-269 against ECU. But to their credit in those 2 big wins they did a great job forcing takeaways and taking care of the ball offensively (+6 TO margin in those first 2 games).

cx500d
September 23rd, 2018, 05:17 PM
Not saying it doesn’t happen, losing to a really bad team. We lost to Indiana state in 2012, of course they went 7-4 that year. Probably worse was losing to a 5-6 South Dakota team in 2015.

However, the wins for A&T have been ugly and not impressive.

chattownmocs
September 23rd, 2018, 05:42 PM

How did he kill his team? I dont remember a 3 INT performance being less consequential actually. The game was basically over before he threw any of them.

Derby City Duke
September 23rd, 2018, 06:02 PM
A&T is still very much in the mix for the Celebration Bowl (thus won't be in the playoffs). According to their own atletics website, the Morgan State game was designated as a non-conference game for scheduling equity within the MEAC. This came about dut to Hampton's move out of the MEAC.

So they can continue to pursue their ratings and financial windfalls unabated.

POD Knows
September 23rd, 2018, 06:26 PM
A&T is definitely not a top ten team at this point in the season. But to drop them from the Top-25 entirely is extremely harsh. Either we believe in Any Given Saturday or we don't. It was a major upset, but their previous body of work didn't just disappear.This, I still have them in my top 15 but their offense sucks balls.

JacksFan40
September 23rd, 2018, 06:37 PM
This, I still have them in my top 15 but their offense sucks balls.
That crappy offense would cost them big against teams like NDSU, JMU, and SDSU.
If they can’t stay on the field, that will hurt their defense no matter how good it is.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2018, 06:54 PM
That crappy offense would cost them big against teams like NDSU, JMU, and SDSU.
If they can’t stay on the field, that will hurt their defense no matter how good it is.

#ButtECU #ButtJSU #ButtDiscriminationAgainstHBCUSchools

dbackjon
September 23rd, 2018, 06:58 PM
This and what SCFB said.

Sorrykalm but that’s BS. Buddy with preconceive notion‘s like that has no business voting any polL

kalm
September 23rd, 2018, 07:57 PM
Sorrykalm but that’s BS. Buddy with preconceive notion‘s like that has no business voting any polL

Oh really?

I don't dismiss those three conferences out of hand although it would be perfectly fine to do so given their refusal to compete in the playoffs.

NCAT was seriously outgained in their first two wins this year. They won the turnover battle and capitalized on mistakes but hardly convincing victories over two opponents who the jury is still out on.

For example, Davis just boat raced a team that was FBS last year leading 44-7 at one point. Sac State beat Oregon State a few years back only to struggle in the Big Sky and not make the playoffs. Idaho State beat Nevada last year and then finished 4-7. Illinois State had an FBS win a few years back, finished 6-5 and lost to UCA in the first round.

I was hoping NCAT would pick off Richmond a few years back in the opening round of the playoffs but they got stomped by a team with something like 8 starters out, and a glorified running back starting at QB as Lauletta was injured. Before that I think my high school senior son was 1 year old the last time a MEAC won a playoff game.

All three conferences have athletes and like I said, if they run the conference table or finish with one loss and a couple of quality wins then I will eventually rank them, but at this point given their resume and past performance, I would pick Stony Brook, Colgate, Towson, Chatty, or WIU to beat them head to head and that's who I have rounding out my top 25.

Oh...and you shouldn't be allowed to vote either for this nonsense of a post. xlolx

kalm
September 23rd, 2018, 08:02 PM

Who am I biased against?

Dane96
September 23rd, 2018, 08:03 PM
The NC A&T loss is the most WTF moment for me this season. Either Morgan St is better than their record as our sandbagging coach liked to say when we barely survived last week...or this is simply a horrific loss. Albany is pretty putrid this year...so I am going with a horrific loss. And while ECU is not great, it's still a solid FBS win, coupled with the Jax win. I really am unclear on what to do with them at this hour.

cx500d
September 23rd, 2018, 08:29 PM
A&T is still very much in the mix for the Celebration Bowl (thus won't be in the playoffs). According to their own atletics website, the Morgan State game was designated as a non-conference game for scheduling equity within the MEAC. This came about dut to Hampton's move out of the MEAC.

So they can continue to pursue their mediocrity and financial windfalls unabated.

FYP

Derby City Duke
September 23rd, 2018, 09:40 PM
FYP

xcoffeex

Reign of Terrier
September 23rd, 2018, 09:47 PM
I don't think the Socon will get 4 in this year (and I'm probably one of the stronger socon advocates on here). There are two main reasons: Hurricane Florence and *bad* scheduling.

Samford at 7-4 with losses to FSU, chatt, Mercer, and Wofford or Kennesaw would have a shot if they had 7 D1 wins (I think they lose to at least one of KSU/Wofford). They scheduled sub D-1 and wont if that happens (though I think they made in 2016 with only 6 D1 wins)

I won't say Furman has no shot at the playoffs, but they are worse off than last year and have less of a margin of error because of Florence.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Citadel won out, but if they had beaten CSU and only dropped one of their remaining games, they would have shot. But because they haven't, it's very tough.

Right now Chattanooga, Wofford, Western Carolina, ETSU, and Mercer still control their own destiny when it comes to making the playoffs. Western and ETSU don't quite meet the eye test yet and we don't know how Mercer's QB situation will shake up.

So right now, 2 is a safe bet, but 3 is also likely. I think 4 is more likely than just 1, but that's not saying much. The socon has a long tradition of cannibalizing itself that goes back decades.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Schism55
September 23rd, 2018, 10:23 PM
Big shoutout to Sup for doing this... appreciate the effort/knowledge bro xthumbsupx
Expect to see NC A&T ALL over the map on peoples polls.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think the Socon will get 4 in this year (and I'm probably one of the stronger socon advocates on here). There are two main reasons: Hurricane Florence and *bad* scheduling.

Samford at 7-4 with losses to FSU, chatt, Mercer, and Wofford or Kennesaw would have a shot if they had 7 D1 wins (I think they lose to at least one of KSU/Wofford). They scheduled sub D-1 and wont if that happens (though I think they made in 2016 with only 6 D1 wins)

I won't say Furman has no shot at the playoffs, but they are worse off than last year and have less of a margin of error because of Florence.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Citadel won out, but if they had beaten CSU and only dropped one of their remaining games, they would have shot. But because they haven't, it's very tough.

Right now Chattanooga, Wofford, Western Carolina, ETSU, and Mercer still control their own destiny when it comes to making the playoffs. Western and ETSU don't quite meet the eye test yet and we don't know how Mercer's QB situation will shake up.

So right now, 2 is a safe bet, but 3 is also likely. I think 4 is more likely than just 1, but that's not saying much. The socon has a long tradition of cannibalizing itself that goes back decades.

Very good points, Hurricane really did a number on the SoCon

JSUSoutherner
September 23rd, 2018, 10:52 PM

Welcome back, fairweathermocs.

chattownmocs
September 23rd, 2018, 10:57 PM
Welcome back, fairweathermocs.

I reserve the right to spend less time focusing on a Chattanooga team that sucks rather than a team that is winning. It's actually common sense.

TheKingpin28
September 23rd, 2018, 11:14 PM
Welcome back, fairweathermocs.Hey there is only one fair weather fan here and that is me.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
September 23rd, 2018, 11:19 PM
I reserve the right to spend less time focusing on a Chattanooga team that sucks rather than a team that is winning. It's actually common sense.
If that's the case then what brings you here? :D

Milktruck74
September 23rd, 2018, 11:26 PM
If that's the case then what brings you here? :D

Chattown didn't say anything about your Cocks!!!

JSUSoutherner
September 23rd, 2018, 11:33 PM

You tried.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 24th, 2018, 01:20 AM

That's pretty good logic in a certain kind of way actually. xlolx

I'm glad to see ya back around ctown.

McCowboys
September 24th, 2018, 06:05 AM
I did not drop North Carolina A&T much in my poll. Most every team has that one "Oh, no!" game. They did, and it caught up to them. Another reason is due to Hurricane Florence. I can only imagine what some of these football players' families are dealing with in the aftermath of this historical storm. Maybe their minds weren't 100% on the game. Who knows? So it is a bad loss. If this continues, they will continue to drop. I am willing to see if this is the case or an anomaly.

Bison56
September 24th, 2018, 06:57 AM

They are the best of the worst.

Milktruck74
September 24th, 2018, 07:29 AM
They are the best of the worst.

Of all they years not to give them that stupid Home Game that they are always crying about....they should a little less time bitching about the Mocs not coming to their Trailer Park and spend more time trying to find an AD with a backbone that actually enforces contracts.

Panther88
September 24th, 2018, 08:06 AM
Who am I biased against?

Why don’t you inform the viewing world? xthumbsupx

kalm
September 24th, 2018, 08:35 AM
Why don’t you inform the viewing world? xthumbsupx

Huh?

JSUSoutherner
September 24th, 2018, 09:10 AM
Of all they years not to give them that stupid Home Game that they are always crying about....they should a little less time bitching about the Mocs not coming to their Trailer Park and spend more time trying to find an AD with a backbone that actually enforces contracts.

It's ok. We'll extend our winning streak next year.

What will it be then? Seven in a row or something?

Cocky
September 24th, 2018, 09:25 AM

Should be mandated we play every year. Need to add Kennesaw, Samford and TUNA to the list. Fans could make the trips and recruits would see decent crowds (better than SunBelt) which would help everyone involved.
UTC needs Kennesaw every year, too. TUNA might be little far, probably not, and they will be a good FCS team soon.

POD Knows
September 24th, 2018, 09:36 AM
Huh?You must be biased against the secret handshake mo'fo's in the Ivy and biased against blacks in the HBCU's because, you know, rating a team on it's ability can sometimes be racist depending on somebody else's perception of the world or something. I didn't rate any Ivy's either and it is because I don't think there teams are that competitive and given their "isolation" how can anybody rate them with any degree of accuracy. I do have NCAT in the poll because they won a couple decent games and their SOS is 43 but I dropped them hard after this loss to a college that I had to look up on the interwebs to figure out who they were.

Panther88
September 24th, 2018, 09:41 AM
Huh?

That's right. Play the part of crazy. You said: (quoting)

You're intimating that when NCA&T was 3-0, you "never had them in my poll to begin with?" Ya, or na? Those were your words you typed, by yourself, singly. Seems direct to me or were you being erroneously vague? I'm only opening the window that gives the viewing world a view of your mentally dysfunctional thought process.

Panther88
September 24th, 2018, 09:44 AM
You must be biased against the secret handshake mo'fo's in the Ivy and biased against blacks in the HBCU's because, you know, rating a team on it's ability can sometimes be racist depending on somebody else's perception of the world or something. I didn't rate any Ivy's either and it is because I don't think there teams are that competitive and given their "isolation" how can anybody rate them with any degree of accuracy. I do have NCAT in the poll because they won a couple decent games and their SOS is 43 but I dropped them hard after this loss to a college that I had to look up on the interwebs to figure out who they were.

You get a HUGE credit POD because you are consistent w/ yours, so it's an expected behavior. xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 24th, 2018, 10:15 AM
Less than an hour left so if you haven't voted this is your last chance.

Reign of Terrier
September 24th, 2018, 11:12 AM
I reserve the right to spend less time focusing on a Chattanooga team that sucks rather than a team that is winning. It's actually common sense.That awkward moment you agree with Chattown

kalm
September 24th, 2018, 11:32 AM
That's right. Play the part of crazy. You said: (quoting)

You're intimating that when NCA&T was 3-0, you "never had them in my poll to begin with?" Ya, or na? Those were your words you typed, by yourself, singly. Seems direct to me or were you being erroneously vague? I'm only opening the window that gives the viewing world a view of your mentally dysfunctional thought process.

If any MEAC not to mention NCAT had won a playoff game in the past decade and a half or if NCAT had kept it even remotely close to a beat up Richmond two years ago, and if we knew more about a JSU that was clearly over-rated the last two seasons and who may be again this year, or an ECU that would finish middle of the pack in the MVFC even with extra schollies, but both of whom outgained A&T by a significant amount then I might have ranked them.

I want the MEAC to step it up. I want the SWAC and Ivy to as well and all three join the playoffs. I will consider A&T or teams from the SWAC and Ivy later in the season as losses build up for the power conferences and an Ivy, SWAC, or MEAC approaches a one loss or undefeated season.

It's not bias, it's reality based on past performance and schedule strength.

Panther88
September 24th, 2018, 12:05 PM
If any MEAC not to mention NCAT had won a playoff game in the past decade and a half or if NCAT had kept it even remotely close to a beat up Richmond two years ago, and if we knew more about a JSU that was clearly over-rated the last two seasons and who may be again this year, or an ECU that would finish middle of the pack in the MVFC even with extra schollies, but both of whom outgained A&T by a significant amount then I might have ranked them.

I want the MEAC to step it up. I want the SWAC and Ivy to as well and all three join the playoffs. I will consider A&T or teams from the SWAC and Ivy later in the season as losses build up for the power conferences and an Ivy, SWAC, or MEAC approaches a one loss or undefeated season.

It's not bias, it's reality based on past performance and schedule strength.
I want to win 100,000,000,000$ but the probability of that occurring are nil and none precisely so your wants for SWAC in the fcs p/o's are moot. Seems like a record of 3-0 where 2 victories were over fbs'ers and 1 was over a top what... ranked #6 "past performing and strengthened scheduling" JSU would've given some type of poll consideration but you (your mindset) continue to bias w/ a very forked tongue. lol xthumbsupx

kalm
September 24th, 2018, 12:17 PM
I want to win 100,000,000,000$ but the probability of that occurring are nil and none precisely so your wants for SWAC in the fcs p/o's are moot. Seems like a record of 3-0 where 2 victories were over fbs'ers and 1 was over a top what... ranked #6 "past performing and strengthened scheduling" JSU would've given some type of poll consideration but you (your mindset) continue to bias w/ a very forked tongue. lol xthumbsupx

NCAT beat two FBS teams? Congrats to G-W for moving up I guess.

NAU has a dominant win against an FBS, a win against a conference champ and seed from last year, and a close loss to a top 5 FCS. Yes they have a bad loss to Missouri State where they had to sit an AA QB, AA WR and several other starters, but it's not as if they loss to a Morgan State or something. LOL. I didn't rank NAU either.

Maine and Illinois State have FBS wins and will have quality FCS wins as well and could both finish 7-4 or 8-3 after the facing the likes of SDSU, NDSU, and UNI three weeks in a row. The non-biased question will be whether to rank them above a 10-1 MEAC, PFL, Ivy, etc.... the last few polls of the season.

Forked tongue out!

Panther88
September 24th, 2018, 12:57 PM
NCAT beat two FBS teams? Congrats to G-W for moving up I guess.

NAU has a dominant win against an FBS, a win against a conference champ and seed from last year, and a close loss to a top 5 FCS. Yes they have a bad loss to Missouri State where they had to sit an AA QB, AA WR and several other starters, but it's not as if they loss to a Morgan State or something. LOL. I didn't rank NAU either.

Maine and Illinois State have FBS wins and will have quality FCS wins as well and could both finish 7-4 or 8-3 after the facing the likes of SDSU, NDSU, and UNI three weeks in a row. The non-biased question will be whether to rank them above a 10-1 MEAC, PFL, Ivy, etc.... the last few polls of the season.

Forked tongue out!

Dude, which part of what you typed are you not comprehending? xlolx

You said you didn't rank a "3-0 NCA&T at all in your poll." lmao! Now you're future tensing over the course of a season to attempt substantiation of your bias. Close your window. It's highly drafty. Gawwwwwddddd damnnnnnned. xsmhx

knit35
September 24th, 2018, 01:27 PM
Do you think Morgan St. moved the goalposts?

Panther88
September 24th, 2018, 03:18 PM
Do you think Morgan St. moved the goalposts?

Nah, MSU doesn't know how to move goalposts. Only dweebs do that. xsmhx

kalm
September 25th, 2018, 06:58 AM
Dude, which part of what you typed are you not comprehending? xlolx

You said you didn't rank a "3-0 NCA&T at all in your poll." lmao! Now you're future tensing over the course of a season to attempt substantiation of your bias. Close your window. It's highly drafty. Gawwwwwddddd damnnnnnned. xsmhx

I didn't rank a 3-0 NCAT and have given the reasons before. Namely that teams from weak to weakest conferences need to show they can run the table or perhaps have just one quality loss in order to displace more deserving teams who run the gauntlet and are truly tested weekly in conference play. This is based partially on past performance including the playoffs.(BTW many including me have made a similar argument against the SLC and Patriot regarding the playoffs so it ain't just picking on the non-playoff conferences) NCAT scheduling up with JSU and ECU and winning those gains gets my attention but as already mentioned, it's not enough to enter my poll.

I'm perfectly fine with "future tensing" and past tensing a bit. That's what experienced and consistent voters do. Otherwise, UTC, WCU, and TSU would be top 10 right now. As the season runs on, the past tensing obviously diminishes.

But you know all that.

BTW...notice how my "bias" was vindicated last weekend? If ECU continues to play well, JSU runs the table including a quality win against KSU, and the Aggies finish with 1 loss they'll be in my top 25 at the end. I'll also keep an eye on Morgan State as they may be better than their record indicates.

Redbird 4th & short
September 25th, 2018, 09:00 AM
I didn't rank a 3-0 NCAT and have given the reasons before. Namely that teams from weak to weakest conferences need to show they can run the table or perhaps have just one quality loss in order to displace more deserving teams who run the gauntlet and are truly tested weekly in conference play. This is based partially on past performance including the playoffs.(BTW many including me have made a similar argument against the SLC and Patriot regarding the playoffs so it ain't just picking on the non-playoff conferences) NCAT scheduling up with JSU and ECU and winning those gains gets my attention but as already mentioned, it's not enough to enter my poll.

I'm perfectly fine with "future tensing" and past tensing a bit. That's what experienced and consistent voters do. Otherwise, UTC, WCU, and TSU would be top 10 right now. As the season runs on, the past tensing obviously diminishes.

But you know all that.

BTW...notice how my "bias" was vindicated last weekend? If ECU continues to play well, JSU runs the table including a quality win against KSU, and the Aggies finish with 1 loss they'll be in my top 25 at the end. I'll also keep an eye on Morgan State as they may be better than their record indicates.

i was with you until the last sentence !! xconfusedx Morgan St was 1-10 last year .. not holding my breath on them.

Could NC A&T run table and change my mind ? Yes, but only if they win impressively and by margins other top 20 teams win by when they play most MEAC ad SWAC teams. And only if Morgan St surprises a few other top 4 MEAC teams. But part of issue with Morgan St loss was that it was not only at home, but it wasn't like NC A&T lost on bunch of penalties, turnovers, and/or special teams plays .. they just line up on offense and defense and lost to a bad team.