bwbear
September 22nd, 2018, 10:19 PM
UCA at SHSU
HBU at SMU
SFA at McNeese
Lamar at Nicholls
UIW at ACU
NWST at SLU

Of course I have interest in the UCA v SHSU game, but one of the more intriguing games to me is UIW v ACU. I really thought ACU would beat SFA this week. UIW beat SFA. I still like ACU since the game is at home.

TheRevSFA
September 22nd, 2018, 10:25 PM
I’ll take:

Ursus fruit stripe gum fieldus
ponies
Wood Choppers (just because for the past four years the visitors have won this game)
swamp people
purple Christians
Steel magnolias in an upset in Hammond

SFA 93
September 22nd, 2018, 10:25 PM
That SFA/McNeese State series has been a strange one as the home team has lost the last 5 games in the series, but I think McNeese State breaks the streak this season.

I was though impressed with the SFA defense against ACU, but I am not sold on the offense.

2017: NAC: MNS:35; SFA:0
2016: LC: SFA:31; #13 MNS:28
2015: NAC: #21 MNS:28; SFA:14
2014: LC: SFA:31; MNS:16
2013: NAC: #11 MNS:69; SFA:38

UCA at SHSU
HBU at SMU
SFA at McNeese
Lamar at Nicholls
UIW at ACU
NWST at SLU

BEAR
September 22nd, 2018, 10:50 PM
UCA at SHSU- If Bearkats play like they have been lately, the Bears should win this one.
HBU at SMU- FBS wins this one.
SFA at McNeese- Cowboys win easily.
Lamar at Nicholls- KFC all around!
UIW at ACU- Wildcats win.
NWST at SLU- Lions scratch out a win against a tough Demon team.

Comference Standings:
McNeese 2-0
UCA 1-0
NWST 1-0
IUW 1-0
ACU 1-1
Nicholls 1-1
SFA 1-1
SLU 1-1
SHSU 0-1
Lamar 0-1
HBU 0-1

McNeese75
September 22nd, 2018, 10:59 PM
UCA at SHSU After tonight, this might be easy for the Bears.
HBU at SMU ouch
SFA at McNeese Time for the home team to win this one.
Lamar at Nicholls I don't look for the Colonels to have a letdown after the last two weeks.
UIW at ACU UIW could surprise them
NWST at SLU should be a good game but I will take the home team

bonarae
September 23rd, 2018, 03:30 AM
UCA at SHSU
HBU at SMU
SFA at McNeese
Lamar at Nicholls
UIW at ACU
NWST at SLU

McCowboys
September 23rd, 2018, 06:12 AM
All games Sept. 29, 2018:

UCA at SHSU
HBU at SMU
SFA at McNeese
Lamar at Nicholls
UIW at ACU
NWST at SLU

Note: The VISITING team has won the last SIX contests in the SFA-McNeese series. Cowboys take note that it looks like the Lumberjacks have arisen.

McCowboys
September 23rd, 2018, 06:14 AM
Note: The VISITING team has won the last SIX contests in the SFA-McNeese series. Cowboys take note that it looks like the Lumberjacks have arisen.

SFA fans, I may be wrong, but I think it has been the last six times the visiting team has won. Anyway, it's time for the Cowboys to break this jinx!

Katfan
September 23rd, 2018, 07:48 AM
UCA at SHSU
HBU at SMU
SFA at McNeese
Lamar at Nicholls
UIW at ACU
NWST at SLU

SFA 93
September 23rd, 2018, 08:02 AM
No, it is 5 games, because in 2012 in Lake Charles we lost 24-35, so it has been since 2013 the home team has lost.

Anyway SFA always seems to play well in Lake Charles.

Since 2008 SFA has averaged about 30 points a game in LC.

Also may I add #33 Alize Ward is back for us (our best defensive player and a leader) who was greatly missed against UIW.

He was all over the field last night against ACU and had 10 tackles.

McCowboys
September 23rd, 2018, 08:18 AM
No, it is 5 games, because in 2012 in Lake Charles we lost 24-35, so it has been since 2013 the home team has lost.

Also may I add #33 Alize Ward is back for us (our best defensive player and a leader) who was greatly missed against UIW.

All around bad news for the blue and gold.

Let's all pray for NO rain or lightning delays!!!

SFA 93
September 23rd, 2018, 09:19 AM
I'm pleased with the Jacks' defense, (held a good rushing attack last night to 54 yards 2.5 AVG on 22 attempts) but I'm not sold on the offense, mainly the o-line which continues to be a weakness for this team.

Yes, Blumrick had his best game last night and seems to have matured at the position (not as happy feet as he was in the past) but still the identity and flow is not yet there.

The Team confidence itself though is high right now.

BEAR
September 23rd, 2018, 09:32 AM
UCA at SHSU After tonight, this might be easy for the Bears.
HBU at SMU ouch
SFA at McNeese Time for the home team to win this one.
Lamar at Nicholls I don't look for the Colonels to have a letdown after the last two weeks.
UIW at ACU UIW could surprise them
NWST at SLU should be a good game but I will take the home team

Im confused about your UCA v SHSU pick. xlolx

Daytripper
September 23rd, 2018, 10:12 AM
UCA at SHSU
HBU at SMU
SFA at McNeese
Lamar at Nicholls
UIW at ACU
NWST at SLU

Wildcat1997
September 23rd, 2018, 11:01 AM
UCA at SHSU
HBU at SMU
SFA at McNeese
Lamar at Nicholls
UIW at ACU- It'll be a tough game though
NWST at SLU

McNeese75
September 23rd, 2018, 12:32 PM
Im confused about your UCA v SHSU pick. xlolx

GO BIG OR GO HOME :D

(remember, I picked McNeese against BYU so there is that xlolx)

McCowboys
September 23rd, 2018, 03:25 PM

You are correct about it being the last 5 games. McNeese seems to score a lot on your field, too. 69 points in 2013 and 35 last year. Hopefully, our offense won't shoot itself in the foot like yesterday and our defense will come ready to play.

BEAR
September 24th, 2018, 08:05 AM
Any injuries or suspensions fans should know about? xeyebrowx

Sammy94
September 24th, 2018, 08:14 AM
SHSU - remember a few years back when we were 1-2 and coming off a loss to a D2 team? I do.
SMU
McNeese
Nicholls
ACU
SLU

BEAR
September 24th, 2018, 08:16 AM
SHSU - remember a few years back when we were 1-2 and coming off a loss to a D2 team? I do.
SMU
McNeese
Nicholls
ACU
SLU

I don't think ANYONE is overlooking the Kats. Too much history.

BEAR
September 24th, 2018, 09:34 AM
Alright here's how Massey looks at the upcoming schedules for possible playoff teams from the SLC. Yes it is early and anything can happen but here's how I see this unfolding using their data.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28971&stc=1

BEAR
September 24th, 2018, 01:38 PM
Saturday, Sept. 29
Lamar at Nicholls, 2:30 p.m. CT, Eleven Sports (http://elevensportsusa.com/)/Cox Sports TV (http://coxsportstv.com/)
Central Arkansas at Sam Houston State, 3 p.m. CT, ESPN3 (http://watchespn.com/)
Incarnate Word at Abilene Christian, 6 p.m. CT, ESPN+ (http://espnplus.com/)
Houston Baptist at SMU, 6 p.m. CT, ESPN3 (http://watchespn.com/)
Stephen F. Austin at McNeese, 6 p.m. CT, McNeeseSports.com/watch (http://mcneesesports.com/watch)
Northwestern State at Southeastern Louisiana, 7 p.m. CT, Cox Sports TV (http://coxsportstv.com/)

BEAR
September 24th, 2018, 03:40 PM
How cool will this be in two weeks! Being an Air Force brat I am looking forward to this!

UCA will host the Commemorative Air Force (CAF) Red Tail Squadron Rise Above Traveling Exhibit on the campus from Oct. 3-7. The exhibit is a mobile movie theater that tours the country to educate and inspire people of all ages with the history and lessons of the Tuskegee Airmen, who were America’s first black military pilots and their support personnel. These heroes served in World War II, breaking broke down barriers with their courage and determination.

- via UCA's Facebook page.

McNeese72
September 24th, 2018, 03:44 PM
UCA at SHSU
HBU at SMU
SFA at McNeese
Lamar at Nicholls
UIW at ACU
NWST at SLU

​Doc

SFA 93
September 24th, 2018, 04:57 PM
SFA

QB: #12 Foster Sawyer 6-5; 225 (Sr.) Concussion
DE:#57 Gary Sampson 6-3; 280 (Jr.) Questionable
DT:#93 Lamont Alexander 6-3; 305 (Sr.) Out for the season

katss07
September 24th, 2018, 06:50 PM
Due to a combo of less playing time and the emergence of Jackson as the Bearkats top back, Remus Bulmer will transfer from Sam.

I am very disappointed and sad about this news. Remus was a minor contributor as well as a team captian. He was never a huge contributor to the team as a whole in the pass first O but he played with heart. He had a few good games over these past two years but nothing huge. Nothing but the best to him. Hope the team responds well to their captain leaving. I’m sure thats tough on the guys and KCK.

Outsider1
September 24th, 2018, 09:24 PM
How cool will this be in two weeks! Being an Air Force brat I am looking forward to this!

"UCA will host the Commemorative Air Force (CAF) Red Tail Squadron Rise Above Traveling Exhibit on the campus from Oct. 3-7. The exhibit is a mobile movie theater that tours the country to educate and inspire people of all ages with the history and lessons of the Tuskegee Airmen, who were America’s first black military pilots and their support personnel. These heroes served in World War II, breaking broke down barriers with their courage and determination."

- via UCA's Facebook page.

That is really cool I would love for them to bring that here, especially with Dyess being here.

McCowboys
September 25th, 2018, 08:24 AM

I see UCA has had an extra week to prepare for the Bearkats. How do the Bears typically do after an open date?

bwbear
September 25th, 2018, 08:55 AM
Last year the bye week was right before UCA v SHSU.

McCowboys
September 25th, 2018, 09:07 AM
Last year the bye week was right before UCA v SHSU.

So you're going to make me search for the score of last year's game? Gee, thanks for the info.

Daytripper
September 25th, 2018, 09:25 AM

You can overlook them. They are toast this season. Might win 3-4 games at best.

BEAR
September 25th, 2018, 10:35 AM
So you're going to make me search for the score of last year's game? Gee, thanks for the info.

UCA beat Sam 41-30 in 2017 after a bye week.
UCA beat McNeese 35-0 in 2016 after a bye week.
UCA beat NWST 49-21 in 2015 after a bye week.
UCA lost to Sam 38-31 in Huntsville in 2014 after a bye week.

McCowboys
September 25th, 2018, 12:02 PM

Thanks! The last 3 years look like the Open Week has been good for the Bears.

Katfan
September 25th, 2018, 12:29 PM
We are in for a world of hurt! This isn’t the 2014 Kats

BEAR
September 25th, 2018, 12:40 PM
We are in for a world of hurt! This isn’t the 2014 Kats

So what's the issue with your team? I mean you guys have had strong seasons for a few years now. Hasn't all that success in the regular season and especially the playoffs gotten you the atmosphere of winning and the recruits to make it happen? Especially in Texas! I mean Arkansas is NOT a strong recruiting ground. What's the deal at Sammy? I ask honestly because we BOTH replaced quite a bit of our team's critical players. By the way I know many Bearkat faithful are saying the Bears should win but in this conference anything can happen so I'm going into this game with reservations. Our slow starting offense, our sideline passes, our run it up the middle over and over and over...xlolx

McNeese75
September 25th, 2018, 01:17 PM
So what's the issue with your team? I mean you guys have had strong seasons for a few years now. Hasn't all that success in the regular season and especially the playoffs gotten you the atmosphere of winning and the recruits to make it happen? Especially in Texas! I mean Arkansas is NOT a strong recruiting ground. What's the deal at Sammy? I ask honestly because we BOTH replaced quite a bit of our team's critical players. By the way I know many Bearkat faithful are saying the Bears should win but in this conference anything can happen so I'm going into this game with reservations. Our slow starting offense, our sideline passes, our run it up the middle over and over and over...xlolx

xrolleyesx yeah but only about 1/3 of your team is from Arkansas so that dog don't hunt, :D

BEAR
September 25th, 2018, 01:34 PM
xrolleyesx yeah but only about 1/3 of your team is from Arkansas so that dog don't hunt, :D

Yeah but only 5 listed as possible starters: QB- Smith, RB- Blackman, Right gauard- Parker, NB- Harvell, PK- Cummins.

247 Sports ranks the top 247 ncaa division I talents in each state. Texas filled the list with all 247. Arkansas had 33 this year. xlolx With ZERO 5 stars...

bwbear
September 25th, 2018, 03:17 PM

We won. That's all you really need to know.

Katfan
September 25th, 2018, 03:49 PM
Our offense is terrible! We have a new coordinator and scheme and not the players to make it work apparently.

McCowboys
September 25th, 2018, 04:54 PM
We won. That's all you really need to know.

One of your compradres filled me in. Thanks anyway.

McCowboys
September 25th, 2018, 04:58 PM
Our offense is terrible! We have a new coordinator and scheme and not the players to make it work apparently.

But the defense does seem to be better. Hoping your offense starts coming around soon. As many of us have said, it is to the benefit of the conference when there are many good, competitive teams for many reasons. The score of the Nicholls game looks worse than it was because Nicholls, as they did against McNeese, had a late score. Against the Bearkats, it was two late scores. Your team had to travel to the bayou and then sit around for 3 hours because of a weather delay.

Katfan
September 25th, 2018, 09:18 PM
But the defense does seem to be better. Hoping your offense starts coming around soon. As many of us have said, it is to the benefit of the conference when there are many good, competitive teams for many reasons. The score of the Nicholls game looks worse than it was because Nicholls, as they did against McNeese, had a late score. Against the Bearkats, it was two late scores. Your team had to travel to the bayou and then sit around for 3 hours because of a weather delay.
That’s the problem we turn the ball over at the 1. We honestly should have won our last 2 games but we find away to lose instead of win. We play tight games but can’t execute in crunch time.

McCowboys
September 26th, 2018, 06:23 AM
That’s the problem we turn the ball over at the 1. We honestly should have won our last 2 games but we find away to lose instead of win. We play tight games but can’t execute in crunch time.

My Cowboys have been there before recently, especially against SLU and Nicholls.

Betting odds are coming out and I have seen the odds on this game as EVEN up to UCA being favored by 4.5. It is too early in the season for any team in the SLC to be giving up. I read Keith Zembower's blog daily. On Monday's he writes about "Over-Reaction Monday." The point is that it's usually not as good or as bad as fans think. Now if KCK and the Bearkat staff have written off the season, that is a different matter. Yeah, one of your players quit. That happens. Maybe he was part of what was wrong and needed to be gone.

Now if only my Cowboys can break the home field jinx against SFA..... Geaux Pokes!

Katfan
September 26th, 2018, 07:43 AM
My Cowboys have been there before recently, especially against SLU and Nicholls.

Betting odds are coming out and I have seen the odds on this game as EVEN up to UCA being favored by 4.5. It is too early in the season for any team in the SLC to be giving up. I read Keith Zembower's blog daily. On Monday's he writes about "Over-Reaction Monday." The point is that it's usually not as good or as bad as fans think. Now if KCK and the Bearkat staff have written off the season, that is a different matter. Yeah, one of your players quit. That happens. Maybe he was part of what was wrong and needed to be gone.

Now if only my Cowboys can break the home field jinx against SFA..... Geaux Pokes!
Look I’m not giving up and I’ve watched Sam football long enough to appreciate the run we’ve been on. This years team could be 3-0 or 0-3, but we sit 1-2. It will be interesting to see how they respond this week. Win or lose I’ll still be there rooting for the Kats.

BEAR
September 26th, 2018, 08:29 AM
Look I’m not giving up and I’ve watched Sam football long enough to appreciate the run we’ve been on. This years team could be 3-0 or 0-3, but we sit 1-2. It will be interesting to see how they respond this week. Win or lose I’ll still be there rooting for the Kats.

Awesome! +1

McCowboys
September 26th, 2018, 12:40 PM

I am glad to hear that. I visited the Katfans board recently, and I thought I was going to have to drive to Huntsville and coax some of the fans off a bridge.

Daytripper
September 26th, 2018, 12:47 PM
I am glad to hear that. I visited the Katfans board recently, and I thought I was going to have to drive to Huntsville and coax some of the fans off a bridge.

We've become spoiled.

Katfan
September 26th, 2018, 06:48 PM
True, we’re used to bad D but when our offense only scores 7 points it’s tough

McCowboys
September 27th, 2018, 05:50 AM
ACU Wildcat fans, I just noticed in the box score of Saturday's game against SFA that ACU missed three field goals in this close three-point game. McNeese was the beneficiary of three missed field goals at Northern Colorado. I see that ACU used two field goal kickers in that game? What's going on?

Outsider1
September 27th, 2018, 09:47 AM
ACU Wildcat fans, I just noticed in the box score of Saturday's game against SFA that ACU missed three field goals in this close three-point game. McNeese was the beneficiary of three missed field goals at Northern Colorado. I see that ACU used two field goal kickers in that game? What's going on?

Last Saturday was just a bad night all the way around for our Offense and Special teams. We hadn't missed a FG all year and all of a sudden we can't hit a single one. We usually use Oscar as our primary FG kicker and then have another long FG kicker that can come in. I give a lot of credit to what SFA did all night. After their loss to UIW they came back with a well executed game plan against us. We just didn't adjust and respond. That is a big reason why I won't be making any predictions for the UIW game this week......

maninthehighcastle
September 27th, 2018, 10:33 AM
UCA at SHSU
HBU at SMU
SFA at McNeese
Lamar at Nicholls
UIW at ACU
NWST at SLU

Bear84
September 27th, 2018, 11:45 AM
UCA at SHSU
HBU at SMU
SFA at McNeese
Lamar at Nicholls
UIW at ACU
NWST at SLU

BEAR
September 28th, 2018, 03:36 PM
Almost game day!

Any news from any SLC schools? xeyebrowx

SFA 93
September 28th, 2018, 04:03 PM
SHSU fans ready for another BOTPW.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29088&stc=1

SFA fans not so much.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29087&stc=1

BEAR
September 28th, 2018, 04:19 PM
Ouch.

If Sammy loses this week their fans may come to that game just so they can see SFA lose. I expect SFA to lose this weekend so the game really isn't important to the conference race in that case. If SFA wins this weekend you will see more SFA fans packing that stadium in hopes of staying alive in the conference race. The whole conference race and year is just plain ugly. xlolx

BEAR
September 28th, 2018, 04:22 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29089&stc=1

Outsider1
September 28th, 2018, 05:22 PM
Well, It's our parent/family weekend and the weather should be nice unlike last weeked. I am hoping both our crowd and play is better..... I think all of us feel this could be an interesting game.

Catatonic
September 29th, 2018, 08:02 AM
UCA at SHSU
HBU at SMU
SFA at McNeese
Lamar at Nicholls
UIW at ACU
NWST at SLU

Katfan
September 29th, 2018, 09:41 AM
SHSU fans ready for another BOTPW.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29088&stc=1

SFA fans not so much.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29087&stc=1
When you win, every SFA fan will swear they were at the game!

katss07
September 29th, 2018, 12:05 PM
Gameday! Headed to Bowers Stadium now to tailgate. Downpour right now just south of Huntsville. Big game for the Bearkats. Win puts them in good playoff position, loss all but eliminates them. Hopefully they can pull it together.

UCA vs Sam has been our biggest game for the last 3 or 4 years. This year is no different. Eat Em Up!

BEAR
September 29th, 2018, 01:33 PM
Both teams replaced a bunch. Who knows how it will go! Go Bears!

Im predicting a slow UCA offense start. It's tradition. xlolx

Hows the weather?

BEAR
September 29th, 2018, 03:40 PM
Watching the UCA game one of their best defenders #25 was kicked out for targeting. I don't think it was targeting. Bad call. KATS stop the Bears anyway and take over after a punt.

SFA 93
September 29th, 2018, 04:38 PM
I think SHSU has found their QB.

SFA 93
September 29th, 2018, 06:59 PM
Great win for Sammy!

TheRevSFA
September 29th, 2018, 07:04 PM
Yeah Sam better keep Dare on the pine. Nice win Sammy

Now if only sfa could somehow win tonight and shake up the conference.

BEAR
September 29th, 2018, 07:05 PM
Sammy may have found there QB. UCA may have lost theirs.

SFA 93
September 29th, 2018, 07:17 PM
The SFA defense with the exception of one explosive play has played very well tonight.

The offense on the other hand can't score.

Outsider1
September 29th, 2018, 07:21 PM
Well, after finding out I was accidentally posting in precious Ivory territory: I hope I am safely back in SLC country. UIW really is playing well with fast linebackers, but we are still a step ahead: 21-30 ACI over UIW and driving....https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180930/fdd65f14a8cb3a88fc08537076dcf048.jpg

Sent from my BLU_S1 using Tapatalk

Outsider1
September 29th, 2018, 07:29 PM
ACU scores another TD with a beautiful mid air grab: 28-20 ACU.

Outsider1
September 29th, 2018, 07:31 PM
I give a lot of respect to UIW, their offense is s real. Their linebackers are fast and they know how to tackle.

Serpentor
September 29th, 2018, 07:37 PM
Sammy may have found there QB. UCA may have lost theirs.

I was wondering why your QB didn't come back out in overtime.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, Bearkats win a tight one in Huntsville. Monster block on UCA field goal attempt in OT.

Outsider1
September 29th, 2018, 07:41 PM
Wow.... about 26 sec left in the half and UIW runs about 60 yards for. TD: 28-27 ACU.

BEAR
September 29th, 2018, 07:51 PM
I was wondering why your QB didn't come back out in overtime.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, Bearkats win a tight one in Huntsville. Monster block on UCA field goal attempt in OT.

The pass on 4th down for the TD to tie it was a miracle. Our backup QB dropped the snap like 3 times in 5 plays.

We beat SLU at SLU and lost to SHSU at SHSU in overtime. But what I'm not happy about is our dline's inability to get to your QB today. We got great pass rushes against every team we played so far this year. We looked slow and uninterested until the end of the 4th quarter. That's unacceptable.

But it may not matter if we lost our QB. Will be a long year now....

bwbear
September 29th, 2018, 08:00 PM
Hats off to Sammy. They showed up to play. We didn't until late in the game.

Our family knows Breylin Smith and his family. Worried my wife when she saw him down. Hoping it is nothing too serious.

katss07
September 29th, 2018, 08:00 PM
Hey conferencemates I’ve had some time to digest this game and gain a level head. Here are my personal thoughts. First though so much respect to UCA, the players, fans and athletic program in general. You guys definitely define class. Never met a bad UCA fan at any of the UCA/Sam games I’ve been at. Tough loss, lots of good squads come to Bowers and don’t get it done. Keep the heads up. Great game and fun to watch. Go beat McNeese in a few weeks.

We found our quarterback for now as well as the future. Ty freaking Brock have a day. Dare needs to put on a headset. And while the fourth quarter wasn’t great I liked what the D did tonight. I’ll say this, Carty sucks. I think many on AGS would do a better job than him.

Statement game for the Kats. This should move them back up in the polls. UCA is a good team and this is a huge win for Sam. This puts them back in prime at large conversation and in the running for the SLC title (or a share of it) if we don’t trip up. And thats a big if. Still this is a resume booster and a signature win! Super pumped and proud! Eat Em Up BEARKATS!

katss07
September 29th, 2018, 08:02 PM
Hats off to Sammy. They showed up to play. We didn't until late in the game.

Our family knows Breylin Smith and his family. Worried my wife when she saw him down. Hoping it is nothing too serious.
Kid is a damn good player. Not sure if UCA wins if he doesn’t go down, but definitely would have helped their chances. Hope for a speedy recovery. True duel threat dude. He’ll be a fine replacement to HH.

bwbear
September 29th, 2018, 08:19 PM
Kid is a damn good player. Not sure if UCA wins if he doesn’t go down, but definitely would have helped their chances. Hope for a speedy recovery. True duel threat dude. He’ll be a fine replacement to HH.

For y'all's sake, I'm glad Brock played as well as he did. I kept complaining on our board that it was time to leave someone in the middle for contain on him. Dude is mobile. Congrats on the win. Not looking forward to playing him for the next 3 years. xlolx

I gave us a bit better than 50% shot at winning if Breylin was in. He's accurate enough that a few quick outs and/or a shot or two down field could have got us into position for a game winning field goal. But hey, that's football. Next guy up has to be ready to go.

Outsider1
September 29th, 2018, 08:26 PM
Well, the 3rd qtr has slowed, still 28-27 ACU with 5:40 left in the qtr.

Daytripper
September 29th, 2018, 08:27 PM
For y'all's sake, I'm glad Brock played as well as he did. I kept complaining on our board that it was time to leave someone in the middle for contain on him. Dude is mobile. Congrats on the win. Not looking forward to playing him for the next 3 years. xlolx

I gave us a bit better than 50% shot at winning if Breylin was in. He's accurate enough that a few quick outs and/or a shot or two down field could have got us into position for a game winning field goal. But hey, that's football. Next guy up has to be ready to go.

Breylin just always seemed to get just enough to move the sticks on third down. He's a really good player. I believe if he doesn't get hurt, the Bears win. But injuries are part of the game. Brock looks like the real deal to me. The last non-transfer QB that started for us was a fellow who also wore #11 and took us to Frisco twice: Brian Bell.

SFA 93
September 29th, 2018, 08:27 PM
5:54 left in the game
McNeese State:17
SFA:10

Outsider1
September 29th, 2018, 08:40 PM
We get TOTALLY burned on a trick play. 34-28 UIW over ACU.

Outsider1
September 29th, 2018, 08:49 PM
No scores for us in the 3rd and UIW just kicks a FG after an interception: 37-28 UIW....

SFA 93
September 29th, 2018, 08:51 PM
FINAL

Had our chances, our defense is good, if we had any offense this would be a dangerous team.

Outsider1
September 29th, 2018, 08:59 PM
We have completely let this game go. Another turnover and UIW TD: 44-28 .

Daytripper
September 29th, 2018, 09:01 PM
Davion Davis is just stupid good...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFFnY1C0HZk

katss07
September 29th, 2018, 09:10 PM

And now we have a guy who can put it in his hands...

Outsider1
September 29th, 2018, 09:17 PM
We get a TD but miss the 2pt conversion: 44-34 UIW...

bwbear
September 29th, 2018, 09:32 PM

I told my wife that needs to be nominated for Sports Center Top 10. Unreal catch!

katss07
September 29th, 2018, 09:44 PM
Wow. I think most of us expected this to be ACU’s turning point FCS season. Maybe its The Word we should’ve been talking about.

Outsider1
September 29th, 2018, 10:17 PM
As angry as I am at my Cats, I give credit to the turn around UIW has had this year. They are fast and athletic. How well they do against the upper SLC teams is yet to be seen, but don't take this team for granted...

Katfan
September 29th, 2018, 10:36 PM
I think SHSU has found their QB.
Houston we have a qb! And by the way he’s a freshman!

Katfan
September 29th, 2018, 10:37 PM
UCA at SHSU
HBU at SMU
SFA at McNeese
Lamar at Nicholls
UIW at ACU
NWST at SLU

Great call on the Shsu uca game

McNeese72
September 30th, 2018, 06:12 AM
FINAL

Had our chances, our defense is good, if we had any offense this would be a dangerous team.

McNeese defense is very good this season but our offense has been very anemic all season. We can't get a running game going and our pass protection is not good. It all goes back to our offensive line, both run blocking and pass blocking.

Doc

Hood
September 30th, 2018, 07:15 AM
I can honestly see the Colonels going one game above or below .500. This should be a memorable season but there were some head scratching mistakes in yesterday's game. Do that against a team that isn't struggling and you're not putting up 50 points.

McCowboys
September 30th, 2018, 07:26 AM
Watching the UCA game one of their best defenders #25 was kicked out for targeting. I don't think it was targeting. Bad call. KATS stop the Bears anyway and take over after a punt.

The officials in this game thought everything was targeting. Fortunately, most of the calls were overturned.

McCowboys
September 30th, 2018, 07:28 AM
Yeah Sam better keep Dare on the pine. Nice win Sammy

Now if only sfa could somehow win tonight and shake up the conference.

McNeese did almost everything in their power to make that scenario to come true.

McCowboys
September 30th, 2018, 07:33 AM

That was an awesome catch!

McCowboys
September 30th, 2018, 07:35 AM
McNeese defense is very good this season but our offense has been very anemic all season. We can't get a running game going and our pass protection is not good. It all goes back to our offensive line, both run blocking and pass blocking.

Doc

And our play calling is most unimaginative for the most part.

BEAR
September 30th, 2018, 09:55 AM

That was one heck of a catch and the defense was tight too! I think we had a one hand catch later in the game on an interception and in the fourth on the play that Breylin was injured our receiver caught it perfectly on the sideline and was ruled out of bounds then that was overturned. Targeting was called like 6 times. Good grief.

Daytripper
September 30th, 2018, 10:06 AM
I can honestly see the Colonels going one game above or below .500. This should be a memorable season but there were some head scratching mistakes in yesterday's game. Do that against a team that isn't struggling and you're not putting up 50 points.

A conference win is a conference win. Take it and move on.

Katfan
September 30th, 2018, 11:15 AM
That was one heck of a catch and the defense was tight too! I think we had a one hand catch later in the game on an interception and in the fourth on the play that Breylin was injured our receiver caught it perfectly on the sideline and was ruled out of bounds then that was overturned. Targeting was called like 6 times. Good grief.
I think the targeting calls are getting out of control. Overturned several of them but took out the best defensive player for each team.

McCowboys
September 30th, 2018, 03:29 PM
I think the targeting calls are getting out of control. Overturned several of them but took out the best defensive player for each team.

And wastes time. Takes away momentum. While I saw a few calls for targeting in other games yesterday, this game was an anomaly for how often it was called.