PDA

View Full Version : MONMOUTH/PRINCETON

MUHAWKS
September 21st, 2018, 10:54 AM
Hello All - Obviously I am a Monmouth guy- was wondering if anyone can add any insight into The Tigers in terms of how legit they may be? We opened as 14 pt dogs which is now about 10 and even though we faltered against Kennesaw and N Iowa to end last yr, we have most of that team back and a lot of talent. We really did not play all that terrible against an E Michigan team who went into Purdue the next week and won, then really got things going against an athletic but not very good Hampton team. Last week against Lafayette we essentially dominated the game, moving the ball very well, 500 yds of offense- They scored on a kickoff return and pther than that we held them to 13 and 0 in the 2nd half. We stalled with penalties and what not a few times inside their 40 and even though they are 0-3, they def came to play and had some very good athletes at WR and on the DL. This years MU team still finding itself but our QB is playing very well and is gaining confidence each week. We have an experienced O line, a deep backfield with a track star as starter and of course NFL prospect Reggie white at WR complimented by a deep Wr corp and very good TE. Our defense lets up big plays and has some holes but is getting better. We may end up being very good or we may be just decent. But after seeing + 14 to start and really being given very little chance to beat an IVY it raises eyebrows.

Either way I am trying to grasp how much credence to put into Butler's win against youngstown and The Tigers subsequent thrashing of Butler. On paper it seems it matters a lot! I did not realize Monmouth was playing The Patriots Saturday as all of a sudden I am told Princeton is unstoppable. I say that tongue in cheek as I have respect for all teams and obviously Princeton is very good. Any color out there from folks on "HOW" good The Tigers are? Their QB looks very good and the 2 WR;s seem to be an issue but is this a team that can really shut down and dominate a Monmouth offense that has scored 30+ in 9 of their last 13 NON 1-A games and 40+ in 5 of those with a couple 50+ pt outputs? Are they that sound? I really have no clue and I will find out tomorrow but just looking for some opinions.

MR. CHICKEN
September 21st, 2018, 11:07 AM
....TAGGERS......PICKED 2nd....IN IVY.....BAH.....STREET & SMIFF............AWK!

Go Green
September 21st, 2018, 04:07 PM
Princeton's offense has pretty much been unstoppable for several seasons.

When their defense is healthy, they usually win games. True, they beat Butler soundly. But their defense does not appear healthy, with several expected key defensive players apparently out.

Go...gate
September 21st, 2018, 09:18 PM
Princeton can outscore a lot of teams, but their defense is erratic.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 22nd, 2018, 09:49 AM
Wrote a preview of the game:

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/csjs-2018-week-4-game-preview-monmouth-at-princeton/

World
September 22nd, 2018, 01:43 PM
Hello All - Obviously I am a Monmouth guy- was wondering if anyone can add any insight into The Tigers in terms of how legit they may be? We opened as 14 pt dogs which is now about 10 and even though we faltered against Kennesaw and N Iowa to end last yr, we have most of that team back and a lot of talent. We really did not play all that terrible against an E Michigan team who went into Purdue the next week and won, then really got things going against an athletic but not very good Hampton team. Last week against Lafayette we essentially dominated the game, moving the ball very well, 500 yds of offense- They scored on a kickoff return and pther than that we held them to 13 and 0 in the 2nd half. We stalled with penalties and what not a few times inside their 40 and even though they are 0-3, they def came to play and had some very good athletes at WR and on the DL. This years MU team still finding itself but our QB is playing very well and is gaining confidence each week. We have an experienced O line, a deep backfield with a track star as starter and of course NFL prospect Reggie white at WR complimented by a deep Wr corp and very good TE. Our defense lets up big plays and has some holes but is getting better. We may end up being very good or we may be just decent. But after seeing + 14 to start and really being given very little chance to beat an IVY it raises eyebrows.

Either way I am trying to grasp how much credence to put into Butler's win against youngstown and The Tigers subsequent thrashing of Butler. On paper it seems it matters a lot! I did not realize Monmouth was playing The Patriots Saturday as all of a sudden I am told Princeton is unstoppable. I say that tongue in cheek as I have respect for all teams and obviously Princeton is very good. Any color out there from folks on "HOW" good The Tigers are? Their QB looks very good and the 2 WR;s seem to be an issue but is this a team that can really shut down and dominate a Monmouth offense that has scored 30+ in 9 of their last 13 NON 1-A games and 40+ in 5 of those with a couple 50+ pt outputs? Are they that sound? I really have no clue and I will find out tomorrow but just looking for some opinions.

Wish you the best

You are facing a Princeton team with the highest ranking recruited class in the FCS

The QB is the best in the FCS,

the RB is the best in the FCS

and the WR is the best in the FCS

The Princeton defense? - Last year it was eratic. This year, it only allowed 66 yards rushing against Butler and 193 yards passing.

Should be a good game...probably very high scoring.

Prediction:
Princeton - 52
Monmouth - 32

bulldog10jw
September 22nd, 2018, 02:02 PM
Wish you the best

The QB is the best in the FCS,

the RB is the best in the FCS

and the WR is the best in the FCS

What about the offensive line? xsmiley_wix

Go...gate
September 22nd, 2018, 06:17 PM
Princeton 51, Monmouth 9, about nine minutes left. The Tigers look very good.

Go Green
September 22nd, 2018, 07:36 PM
Princeton 51, Monmouth 9, about nine minutes left. The Tigers look very good.

They do indeed.

Son of Eli
September 22nd, 2018, 08:58 PM
They do indeed.

Princeton is the best team in New Jersey.

Go Green
September 22nd, 2018, 09:18 PM
Princeton is the best team in New Jersey.

Well, there still is the Giants.

:)

Go...gate
September 22nd, 2018, 09:29 PM
Well, there still is the Giants.

:)

Based on what I have seen from Big Blue so far, who knows who is better?