PDA

View Full Version : Northern Colorado to play UH?

PSUVikings
March 23rd, 2007, 08:21 AM
UNC to play Hawaii? (http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070323/SPORTS0201/703230380/1032)

This could get ugly............xoopsx

NoCoDanny
March 23rd, 2007, 08:32 AM
Hopefully we could keep them under 100.

DetroitFlyer
March 23rd, 2007, 08:38 AM
Maybe we can have a "worst beating" pool:

Murray State vs. Louisville

or

UNC versus Hawaii

PSUVikings
March 23rd, 2007, 08:39 AM
Hopefully it doesn't go through

spelunker64
March 23rd, 2007, 09:00 AM
http://www.free-graphics.com/clipart/Signs_And_Titles/Good_Luck.jpg

you'll need it

appfan2008
March 23rd, 2007, 09:08 AM
Hawaii is already playing charleston southern... anyone know why they would play 2 fcs in a year...
or a we talking in future years

PSUVikings
March 23rd, 2007, 09:10 AM
Hawaii is already playing charleston southern... anyone know why they would play 2 fcs in a year...

Look at the Hawaii forums, their fans are xmadx xmadx xmadx xmadx their AD is the one that schedule's the games and he hasn't done so well this year

ncbears
March 23rd, 2007, 10:18 AM
Cold Brennan did decide to stay at UH...right? Please so no.

Green Cookie Monster
March 23rd, 2007, 10:28 AM
Hawaii lost Glanville and Davis if that is any consolation.

ncbears
March 23rd, 2007, 10:30 AM

Yeah, but we'll be playing Glanville/Davis anyways in Nov.

Peems
March 23rd, 2007, 10:36 AM
Cold Brennan did decide to stay at UH...right? Please so no.

He is still there.

McNeese75
March 23rd, 2007, 11:17 AM
He is still there.

xlolx Nice avatar

Peems
March 23rd, 2007, 11:22 AM
xlolx Nice avatar

thanks. I'm glad someone noticed:)

ncbears
March 23rd, 2007, 11:34 AM
thanks. I'm glad someone noticed:)

I noticed it too and was going to say something. Very funny!

Coastal89
March 23rd, 2007, 11:34 AM
It's still too bad for UNC that June Jones is the archetect of the Run and Shoot offense that puts up 50 or 60 pts on MWC teams.

Peems
March 23rd, 2007, 02:27 PM
if this game happens my prediction: UNC 17, UH 3. Stifling bears defense suffocates Brennan.

MplsBison
March 23rd, 2007, 02:31 PM
It's still too bad for UNC that June Jones is the archetect of the Run and Shoot offense that puts up 50 or 60 pts on MWC teams.

They only played UNLV from the MWC last season and put 42 on them.

Maybe you meant WAC?

If you did, of course they lost to Boise.

NoCoDanny
March 23rd, 2007, 02:38 PM
We need the 400K

What we don't need is a record breaking defeat.

Hell, I'd take 56-3 at least people will forget about that quickly but I'd expect something in the neighborhood of 91-3 and that won't do anything but kill the program.

It's not worth the money…

WYOBISONMAN
March 23rd, 2007, 02:46 PM
I would doubt that UH would run the score up to 91-3. UNC will get beat, but I would hope that sportsmanship would prevail and when the game is in hand the 2nd and 3rd string would be brought in.

89Hen
March 23rd, 2007, 02:59 PM
I would doubt that UH would run the score up to 91-3. UNC will get beat, but I would hope that sportsmanship would prevail and when the game is in hand the 2nd and 3rd string would be brought in.
The Hens won a game 84-0 not that long ago. First string, second string... it just didn't matter. They didn't even throw the ball. Just couldn't help by score. The only thing they could have done is taken a knee starting in the third Q.

PSUVikings
March 23rd, 2007, 03:34 PM
JG and Mouse didn't do much for UH MD sat in the booth and JG called plays leading UH to being the 93rd best defense in america, what's scary is UH is bringing back a former coach that lead them to the best defensive year they had in awhile, so losing those two won't do much to UH, in fact losing them may help them

ncbears
March 23rd, 2007, 04:10 PM
UNC could get a decent number of fans there. Lots of UNC grads in Hawaii. They recruit a lot of our teacher candidates and they love our undergrad business program.

Seawolf97
March 23rd, 2007, 08:34 PM
Be careful or you will be remembered like poor Samford 91 years from now.

PSUVikings
March 23rd, 2007, 09:21 PM
This one could get ugly, forget Colt Brennan, try their new RB, Leon Jackson, a Super 25(Top 25 HS players in america) RB coming out of HS, here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8B3gBHAWNY)is a vid of him

I hope this game isn't scheduled, I want UNC to gain respect in the BSC not plummit

SoCalAggie
March 23rd, 2007, 10:11 PM
UC Davis should schedule Hawaii. Not to bad of a commute. Decent exposure on the west coast. We have Western Washington scheduled for Sept. 1, so we could obviously buy them out with that type of guarantee.

The only down fall is that we are eligible for the playoffs this year and we already have San Jose scheduled. But a trip to Hawaii......xrolleyesx

bigd
March 23rd, 2007, 11:22 PM
As a Davis fan I would prefer a FBS team over a d2 team. D2 teams dont count as wins for playoff consideration.

SoCalAggie
March 23rd, 2007, 11:38 PM
good point... let's start this conversation on the Aggies fan site and see if we can't start something.xrotatehx

gvilleapp
March 24th, 2007, 07:10 AM
I'm glad our three open dates don't match up with UH. No way do I want our guys to play out there again. Too much to lose if one is a playoff caliber team.

KAUMASS
March 24th, 2007, 08:29 AM
If it's your first game, I believe you guys have a respectable game and have a shot at beating them. I.E. Montana St/ Colorado last year..Hawaii has a tendency of having up and down years every other season. If NC has no serious injuries in camp and your players "gell" well together, and Hawaii is off a bit, you have a shot...= "Any given Saturday". Good luck FCS brother and I will be routing for NC if the game happens. Kick some rainbow ***.

PSUVikings
March 24th, 2007, 11:09 AM
sorry KAUMASS I agree about Any given saturday but UH is not just another FBS team, their 4 stringers would start at UNC, this should be an on-slaught

MSU is a good FB team, and colorado was terrible, two different situations

bigd
March 24th, 2007, 08:05 PM
I agree there is no chance of a victory. Hawaii could be a preseason top 25 team.

TexasTerror
April 2nd, 2007, 09:21 PM
Hawaii isn't the only one not happy about playing Northern Colorado, their second FCS foe on the slate, but NoCo fans aren't happy either apparently...

Point is I-AA foe not thrilled

By Ferd Lewis
Advertiser Columnist

It turns out it isn't just some University of Hawai'i football fans who have concerns about the Warriors opening the season with Division I-AA Northern Colorado.

Judging from chat rooms and such, some fans of the Bears aren't too thrilled about the prospective Sept. 1 game, either.

Of course, given UNC's history, it might be no wonder: One of the last times the Bears played a Division I-A team, 1949, they lost 103-0 to Wyoming. A school spokesman said he believes that was UNC's last major division opponent.

"I like the 400K payday, but, seriously, they (the Warriors) could put up 100 points on us," worries one fan on one of the school's fan Web sites.

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070330/COLUMNISTS06/703300380/1142/SPORTS

CopperCat
April 2nd, 2007, 10:55 PM
Maybe we can have a "worst beating" pool:

Murray State vs. Louisville
or
UNC versus Hawaii

UNC fans and players, my heart goes out to you all. Last season was certainly not easy with all the happenings off the field, and a new coach taking over. But with time and perserverance, things will get better.

So go and beat Hawaii and shut all the naysayers up. I love it when the small guy does that.

Mr. C
April 2nd, 2007, 11:14 PM
Beat Hawaii? This could very well be the most lopsided game played between an FCS and FBS team in 2007.

appfan2008
April 2nd, 2007, 11:24 PM
UNC fans and players, my heart goes out to you all. Last season was certainly not easy with all the happenings off the field, and a new coach taking over. But with time and perserverance, things will get better.

So go and beat Hawaii and shut all the naysayers up. I love it when the small guy does that.
some fcs v. fbs games give the fcs team a chance but this one is not that way... unc will get their tales kick

Pageoner
April 3rd, 2007, 12:27 AM
the only way UNC has a chance is their old kicker stabs colt brennan in his right shoulder.

GGASU
April 3rd, 2007, 01:14 AM
Hawaii is the only team I will pull for over a FCS team. I lived in Hawaii in the late 90's and had a blast at the games. The bows absolutely sucked, but would always put up a fight at home.

I don't know if you can still do this, but when I lived there you could take a back pack full of beer or liquor or whatever the f@@@ you wanted into the game...what a great state!

Fresno St. Alum
April 3rd, 2007, 02:27 AM
Hawaii is gonna put 70 up on UNC, yikes

Keeper
April 3rd, 2007, 04:27 AM
UH may be waiting to hear from San Diego State
before settling on UNC. Their options are very limited,
as are most D-I teams by now.

OB55
April 3rd, 2007, 09:16 AM
Followed the link in the UNC MB to Hawaii press, boosters are not happy with the prospect of it, they want a stronger schedule.

Money game for UNC, and they need it. Players want it, I hope it happens. Nothing to fear but fear itself.

UNC, when D-II, played Colorado State Twice, 1977 and a few years later, these were both competitive games until the last quarter.

OB55
April 3rd, 2007, 09:19 AM
the only way UNC has a chance is their old kicker stabs colt brennan in his right shoulder.
A friendly tip: Smack belongs in the smack forum.xthumbsupx

ucdtim17
April 3rd, 2007, 02:26 PM
Money game for UNC, and they need it. Players want it, I hope it happens. Nothing to fear but fear itself.

They also have to fear giving up a cool century mark.

HensRock
April 3rd, 2007, 03:06 PM
Beat Hawaii? This could very well be the most lopsided game played between an FCS and FBS team in 2007.

No, that distinction belongs to Charleston Southern vs. Hawai'i

OB55
April 4th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Greeley Tribune reports it is a go. No confirmation from either teams' webs yet though.

UNHWildCats
April 4th, 2007, 04:20 PM
link?

UNHWildCats
April 4th, 2007, 04:23 PM
http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/20070404/SPORTS/104040111

PSUVikings
April 4th, 2007, 04:40 PM
it is pretty much done. ouch

TexasTerror
April 4th, 2007, 04:42 PM
http://www.greeleytrib.com/article/20070404/SPORTS/104040111

Apparently, NoCo is playing a primarily sub-Div I schedule this coming year and next...

E-mail address of the author... [email protected]

I replied at the link...we'll see if it gets posted or rejected...

From the above article...

The University of Hawaii is the second Division I opponent the Division I-AA Bears will play in the next two seasons, having already scheduled a game against Purdue of the Big Ten Conference in 2008.

-----------------
My response...

If you plan on covering Northern Colorado, you need to learn that the Bears are a Division I team playing in the Football Championship Subdivision.

While Hawaii plays in the Football Bowl Subdivision and are a Division I team, the University of Northern Colorado plays almost all Division I teams. Yes, that includes the Big Sky Conference, a Division I football playing conference.

Best of luck to you in learning about what you cover,

TexasTerror
http://www.anygivensaturday.com