PDA

View Full Version : 2018-09/22 AGS GOTW Week 4

Preferred Walk-On
September 17th, 2018, 04:11 PM
While I am enjoying the discussion on the AGS Poll (Week 3) thread, I did not want to forget to post a poll for GOTW (Week 4). As per the suggestion of grizband, I will post these on Mondays after the AGS Poll comes out.

Delaware @ North Dakota State - CAA vs. MVFC...need I say more?
Sacramento State @ Montana - Sac State getting some AGS buzz. Is it enough to get their name added to grizband’s signature?
Sam Houston State @ Nicholls - The sorting out of the Southland starts here. Tough losses last week, who will bounce back?
Samford @ Chattanooga - This will help determine if Samford really is a “moc” AGS Top 25 team.
Idaho @ UC-Davis - If UC-Davis wins, do they unofficially have two FBS wins?
Richmond @ Stony Brook - One looking for respect and one with perhaps too much? You decide.

Oh, and Ursus, only FCS games, as AGS=FCS. Enjoy! Thanks also to grizband for the assist. Finally, I have made "Other" a poll option and would be curious to see what that game(s) might be, if the voter(s) would be so kind as to reveal their "Other" pick.

Preferred Walk-On
September 17th, 2018, 04:13 PM
Sacramento State @ Montana

JSUSoutherner
September 17th, 2018, 04:14 PM
I think it's Samford and Chattanooga. That game is a validation game for both teams and the loser will probably fall out of the poll.

Sam Houston State and Nicholls I think is a close second for similar reasons.

Preferred Walk-On
September 17th, 2018, 04:17 PM
I think it's Samford and Chattanooga. That game is a validation game for both teams and the loser will probably fall out of the poll.

Sam Houston State and Nicholls I think is a close second for similar reasons.

I agree with this reasoning (just not the pick)...not that you needed any validation. ;)

katss07
September 17th, 2018, 04:26 PM
Delaware/NDSU. Wanted to go with the homer pick in Nicholls/SHSU but come on top of CAA against top of MVFC teams. Regardless of which game is chosen this should be a fun weekend! Looking foward to having a full day of true FCS football games for the first time this season. I’ve been tailgating and only seen bits and pieces of other games the last two weeks so I’m very excited!

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2018, 04:55 PM
As much as the homer in me wants to always vote NDSU, it's:

Sacramento State vs Montana.

I truly believe these teams are neck and neck and it's finally time to see if they have put it all together or if the WIU game for Montana was a fluke, which I truly believe there is enough reason to believe that.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Daytripper
September 17th, 2018, 04:57 PM
Sac State v. Montana

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 17th, 2018, 05:00 PM
Delaware at NDSU for me.

Traditional blue blood FCS program coming west to the FCS dynasty right now.

2 good defenses.

Looking forward to a good game.

JSUSoutherner
September 17th, 2018, 05:11 PM
Someone sell me on Sac State please. I just don't see it.

Daytripper
September 17th, 2018, 05:15 PM
Someone sell me on Sac State please. I just don't see it.

In my mind an up and comer versus an old blue blood trying to regain relevance.

JSUSoutherner
September 17th, 2018, 05:18 PM
In my mind an up and comer versus an old blue blood trying to regain relevance.

But like why are people up on them? Montana showed potential vs UNI and WIU. Sac State beat No Colorado by three and a D2 team? So what?

Daytripper
September 17th, 2018, 05:20 PM
But like why are people up on them? Montana showed potential vs UNI and WIU. Sac State beat No Colorado by three and a D2 team? So what?

Potential.

JSUSoutherner
September 17th, 2018, 05:28 PM
Potential.

I guess we will see this weekend.

katss07
September 17th, 2018, 05:39 PM
People really liked what they saw last season I think. Sac St was competitive and should build off last years success. One of their best years ever. 7 wins and 6 in conference play. They were one of the teams that could have gotten in if a doomsday scenario occurred. But with the bubble being so clogged last year no one was talking about them. They have a very talented passing attack. That Lindsey kid is a two sport star and he is damn fast at wide out. Super athletic and good hands. Wouldn’t be surprised if he got drafted. Defense is also pretty strong and from what I have seen and heard in preseason stuff they have a good defensive front. This Montana game will be telling. If they win who knows how far they can go. I really like the Hornets this year and think they have a good chance at an at large bid. I could also see them making some noise at the top of the standings.

Just lots of potential. We’ll see how good they are Saturday. It’s tough to win at WaGriz no matter where Montana is in the standings.

semobison
September 17th, 2018, 06:04 PM
The Sac St-Griz, Sammy-Nichols and Samford-Chatty games are probably more meaningful when it comes to sorting out the polls but a CAA-MVFC matchup doesn't happen very often in non conference play! Looking forward to a great weekend slate!

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2018, 06:52 PM
But like why are people up on them? Montana showed potential vs UNI and WIU. Sac State beat No Colorado by three and a D2 team? So what?Look what they did last year to end the season and what they brought back. There is a lot there to like. This game has significant playoff hopes as well as deciding which of these teams are real.

grizband
September 17th, 2018, 07:05 PM

Sam Houston State and Nicholls I think is a close second for similar reasons.I selected Montana/Sac State for the same reason

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

grizband
September 17th, 2018, 07:06 PM
As much as the homer in me wants to always vote NDSU, it's:

Sacramento State vs Montana.

I truly believe these teams are neck and neck and it's finally time to see if they have put it all together or if the WIU game for Montana was a fluke, which I truly believe there is enough reason to believe that.

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkFluke that they lost, or fluke they almost won?

MR. CHICKEN
September 17th, 2018, 07:17 PM
The Sac St-Griz, Sammy-Nichols and Samford-Chatty games are probably more meaningful when it comes to sorting out the polls buta CAA-MVFC matchup doesn't happen very often in non conference play! Looking forward to a great weekend slate!

...........EGG-ZAK-LEE..............xhugx.........BRAWK!

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2018, 07:24 PM
Fluke that they lost, or fluke they almost won?

Sent from my SM-N950U using TapatalkFluke that Montana lost. Kick Six, Fumble, and INT for the last 3 possessions is jaw dropping to say the least. The thing is WIU, capitalized when they needed too.

grizband
September 17th, 2018, 07:31 PM
Fluke that Montana lost. Kick Six, Fumble, and INT for the last 3 possessions is jaw dropping to say the least. The thing is WIU, capitalized when they needed too.

Sent from my SM-J727V using TapatalkGriz won 42 minutes of that game... it just wasn't enough

MR. CHICKEN
September 17th, 2018, 07:36 PM
Fluke that Montana lost. Kick Six, Fumble, and INT for the last 3 possessions is jaw dropping to say the least. The thing is WIU, capitalized when they needed too.

...KINDAH....LIKE....HOW......RHODEY DID IN DELAWARE.....DOODLE-DOO!

katss07
September 17th, 2018, 07:37 PM
Montana’s miscues and flukes saved WIU’s season.

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2018, 07:46 PM
Griz won 42 minutes of that game... it just wasn't enough

Sent from my SM-N950U using TapatalkThat's why I was confused and one of the reasons as why they fell out of my poll

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2018, 07:46 PM
...KINDAH....LIKE....HOW......RHODEY DID IN DELAWARE.....DOODLE-DOO!Notice how Delaware made it back in my poll...

grizband
September 17th, 2018, 07:48 PM
That's why I was confused and one of the reasons as why they fell out of my poll

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk It was really more like 52 minutes... but yeah, u can't fault anyone who left out Montana

grizband
September 17th, 2018, 07:51 PM
Montana’s miscues and flukes saved WIU’s season.Would have loved so much to be 3-0...I predicted 2-1, but man.... so close

MR. CHICKEN
September 17th, 2018, 08:04 PM
Notice how Delaware made it back in my poll...

............... xbowx xhighfivex xhandshakex xrotatehx xhugx xhandshakex xlovex............xsalutexxawesomexxbeerchugxxhype dxxhurrayx.........BRAWK!

TheKingpin28
September 17th, 2018, 08:42 PM
It was really more like 52 minutes... but yeah, u can't fault anyone who left out Montana

Sent from my SM-N950U using TapatalkI'd be the first one to drop NDSU hard if they pulled a stunt like that, oh wait...

Daytripper
September 17th, 2018, 08:44 PM
MVFC and CAA coming hard in the poll.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 17th, 2018, 08:51 PM
MVFC and CAA coming hard in the poll.

SHSU and Nicholls is a solid choice.

SHSU's chance to beat a contender in the conference.

RabidRabbit
September 17th, 2018, 09:37 PM
SHSU VS NICHOLLS. Loser will be sitting home come playoff selection. Especially true for Sammy. Nicholls does have the only Power 5 win(ya, Kansas. But still a P5 win)

katss07
September 17th, 2018, 10:14 PM
SHSU VS NICHOLLS. Loser will be sitting home come playoff selection. Especially true for Sammy. Nicholls does have the only Power 5 win(ya, Kansas. But still a P5 win)

Thats a bold statement. I’m not sure the loser is completely out of it. Hell Sam could lose and still win the Conference. I think these are two of the top three in the SLC and I doubt you can say the loser of this one is completely out of it.

Twentysix
September 17th, 2018, 11:30 PM
These are the best games of the week? Yikes.
While I am enjoying the discussion on the AGS Poll (Week 3) thread, I did not want to forget to post a poll for GOTW (Week 4). As per the suggestion of grizband, I will post these on Mondays after the AGS Poll comes out.

Delaware @ North Dakota State - CAA vs. MVFC...need I say more?
Sacramento State @ Montana - Sac State getting some AGS buzz. Is it enough to get their name added to grizband’s signature?
Sam Houston State @ Nicholls - The sorting out of the Southland starts here. Tough losses last week, who will bounce back?
Samford @ Chattanooga - This will help determine if Samford really is a “moc” AGS Top 25 team.
Idaho @ UC-Davis - If UC-Davis wins, do they unofficially have two FBS wins?
Richmond @ Stony Brook - One looking for respect and one with perhaps too much? You decide.

Oh, and Ursus, only FCS games, as AGS=FCS. Enjoy! Thanks also to grizband for the assist. Finally, I have made "Other" a poll option and would be curious to see what that game(s) might be, if the voter(s) would be so kind as to reveal their "Other" pick.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

MTfan4life
September 17th, 2018, 11:45 PM
It's strange to me that people keep voting for a game where NDSU is favored to win by 25+ points.

Mike296
September 17th, 2018, 11:52 PM
I’ve got a bit of a strange pick for game of the week. Call me insane if you want to but Davidson vs Dayton is going to be an interesting one to keep an eye on. Davidson is 3-0 to start the season and they’re really starting to have some sort of identity on offense. Defense is a bit suspect, we’ll see what happens but this should be one to keep an eye on for whether Davidson could make a run for the playoffs out of the Pioneer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Killamike259

MTfan4life
September 18th, 2018, 12:15 AM
I’ve got a bit of a strange pick for game of the week. Call me insane if you want to but Davidson vs Dayton is going to be an interesting one to keep an eye on. Davidson is 3-0 to start the season and they’re really starting to have some sort of identity on offense. Defense is a bit suspect, we’ll see what happens but this should be one to keep an eye on for whether Davidson could make a run for the playoffs out of the Pioneer.

Slow down on Davidson until we see something out of them. Last season they performed very similar against lower division opponents as they did this season, and then they got boat raced in conference play losing all 8 games by an average of 19 points per game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2018, 06:05 AM
It's strange to me that people keep voting for a game where NDSU is favored to win by 25+ points.

Why?

CAA vs MV

Two best conferences in the FCS. A traditional FCS power against the new FCS dynasty.

cx500d
September 18th, 2018, 07:07 AM
Slow down on Davidson until we see something out of them. Last season they performed very similar against lower division opponents as they did this season, and then they got boat raced in conference play losing all 8 games by an average of 19 points per game.
#ButtTowson, #ButtMercer

Bisonator
September 18th, 2018, 07:45 AM

I voted for it because I think it'll be closer then that and it's a matchup you don't see very often. The other games happen every year.

Twentysix
September 18th, 2018, 07:48 AM
I voted for UC Davis and Idaho because if NDSU vs UNA was a DII game, then this one is an FBS game xlolx. I can't wait for next week when the games are going to show us more about the season.

dewey
September 18th, 2018, 07:57 AM
Why?

CAA vs MV

Two best conferences in the FCS. A traditional FCS power against the new FCS dynasty.

This is my thinking as well.

Dewey

BEAR
September 18th, 2018, 08:16 AM
It's def. not the SHSU v. Nicholls game. I mean SHSU loses then they will only have ONE conference loss. Not really that damaging in conference this year. If Nicholls loses that will likely put them out of ANY conference or post season hopes with already losing 3/4 games to start the year. So not really one I'd consider GOTW.

RootinFerDukes
September 18th, 2018, 09:29 AM
No way in hell is UD/NDSU a GOTW. It is probably one of the worst games even listed in that grouping. Come on people.

It has the potential to be a GOTW in hindsight, but that would require UD being competitive and I'm just not seeing that happening. They lost to URI, played meh against Cornell and started slow against Lafayette.

RootinFerDukes
September 18th, 2018, 09:35 AM
Delaware/NDSU. Wanted to go with the homer pick in Nicholls/SHSU but come on top of CAA against top of MVFC teams. Regardless of which game is chosen this should be a fun weekend! Looking foward to having a full day of true FCS football games for the first time this season. I’ve been tailgating and only seen bits and pieces of other games the last two weeks so I’m very excited!

Top of the CAA? Delaware isn't even ranked right now. That's a generous definition of top.

Mayville Bison
September 18th, 2018, 10:00 AM
I would have voted for SHSU/NSU if they both didn't lose last weekend. Since they both lost, it lost a little something. Still an important game though for the Southland, but not as important to the national scene.

NDSU/Delaware has the biggest impact on national ratings. If Delaware wins or at the very least looks good, that means not only should they be ranked, but also makes Rhode Island look even better. This is the game I had circled on NDSU's schedule at the beginning of the year. They can't just run through the motions on offense like the prior games and they need to get up to game speed before SDSU comes to town.

Daytripper
September 18th, 2018, 10:03 AM
I would have voted for SHSU/NSU if they both didn't lose last weekend. Since they both lost, it lost a little something. Still an important game though for the Southland, but not as important to the national scene.

NDSU/Delaware has the biggest impact on national ratings. If Delaware wins or at the very least looks good, that means not only should they be ranked, but also makes Rhode Island look even better. This is the game I had circled on NDSU's schedule at the beginning of the year. They can't just run through the motions on offense like the prior games and they need to get up to game speed before SDSU comes to town.

Any team that plays and beats NDSU or JMU would have the biggest impact on the national rankings. Delaware isn't even ranked, so I'm not sure why this is a potential GOTW.

Mayville Bison
September 18th, 2018, 10:12 AM
Any team that plays and beats NDSU or JMU would have the biggest impact on the national rankings. Delaware isn't even ranked, so I'm not sure why this is a potential GOTW.

#27 @ #1
#29 @ #22
#18 @ #21
#16 @ #28
NR @ #17
#35 @ #20

That's a lot of garbage if you are trying to highlight a GOTW. If either SHSU or Nicholls had won last week, it would have been a slam dunk GOTW.

Elvis was a Bison
September 18th, 2018, 10:14 AM
Montana - Sac State.... Defines one as a contender and one as a pretender!

MR. CHICKEN
September 18th, 2018, 10:32 AM
MUST SEE MATCH-UPS................PER ATHLON.............BRAWK!

SPLIT DUH DIFF..............GAME UH WEEK DOUBLE PLAY..................DOODLE-DOO!!

SEPT. 22 DELAWARE @ NORTH DAKOTA STATE
SEPT. 22 SAM HOUSTON STATE @ NICHOLLS

Daytripper
September 18th, 2018, 10:36 AM
#27 @ #1
#29 @ #22
#18 @ #21
#16 @ #28
NR @ #17
#35 @ #20

That's a lot of garbage if you are trying to highlight a GOTW. If either SHSU or Nicholls had won last week, it would have been a slam dunk GOTW.

I agree. SHSU v. Nicholls not worthy either. My personal pick was Sac State v. Montana. I think that is more interesting than any of the others.

grizband
September 18th, 2018, 10:41 AM
#27 @ #1
#29 @ #22
#18 @ #21
#16 @ #28
NR @ #17
#35 @ #20

GOTWs become easier to highlight in later weeks. Trust me, I scoured the schedule trying to find candidates; a couple others were considered, but it was a tough class this time around.

Preferred Walk-On
September 18th, 2018, 01:09 PM
No way in hell is UD/NDSU a GOTW. It is probably one of the worst games even listed in that grouping. Come on people.

It has the potential to be a GOTW in hindsight, but that would require UD being competitive and I'm just not seeing that happening. They lost to URI, played meh against Cornell and started slow against Lafayette.

I agree this should have been a slam-dunk GOTW. It merely depends on whether you rank the teams in the now (based simply on what they have done so far), or rank them by what they could/should be...kind of like the AGS Poll.

Preferred Walk-On
September 18th, 2018, 01:11 PM
These are the best games of the week? Yikes.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on your point of view. That is what the "Other" category is for.

RootinFerDukes
September 18th, 2018, 01:14 PM
I agree this should have been a slam-dunk GOTW. It merely depends on whether you rank the teams in the now (based simply on what they have done so far), or rank them by what they could/should be...kind of like the AGS Poll.

This is today's GOTW, not Week 13's GOTW. It isn't even a top 3 of the choices you provided IMO.

Preferred Walk-On
September 18th, 2018, 01:15 PM

Appreciate the out-of-the-box thinking, but it was so far out-of-the-box, I couldn't reach it. ;)

Mike296
September 18th, 2018, 01:17 PM
Appreciate the out-of-the-box thinking, but it was so far out-of-the-box, I couldn't reach it. ;)

Was trying to think of something different from everyone else and that was what I came up with lol

Preferred Walk-On
September 18th, 2018, 01:19 PM
#ButtTowson, #ButtMercer

If The Citadel beats either Wofford or Chattanooga, the Mercer game really could have made this list (and maybe could have anyway).

Towson v. BYE on the other hand...that would have been a bit of a stretch (and a very short and uneventful game). That said, BYE is undefeated.

#ButtBYE

Preferred Walk-On
September 18th, 2018, 01:31 PM
This is today's GOTW, not Week 13's GOTW. It isn't even a top 3 of the choices you provided IMO.

Fair enough, but you don't think a 3-0 Delaware team (especially if they handled Rhode Island) strolling into the FargoDome for the first time ever would have made GOTW? I respectfully disagree, and so do a few, even with the spread as such.

BTW, Sac State and Montana was my choice, so obviously I felt that UD's loss and their current wins prevented me from choosing this game. Some of the other teams playing have losses as well, but they are conference games where a loss in conference could significantly affect the outcome of that team's season. Not to say that this game would not have influence, it just won't determine the MVFC or CAA championship, only potentially seeding come playoff time (and bragging rights, for now?).

MTfan4life
September 18th, 2018, 02:05 PM
Why?

CAA vs MV

Yes, a traditional FCS power, but Delaware hasn't been good for a while. They're not even ranked playing against the #1 team on the road.

Would James Madison vs. Southern Illinois attract the same appeal simply because it is CAA vs. MVFC? I don't think so. The only reason this is popular on here is because NDSU and Delaware have two of the biggest AGS fanbases.

MTfan4life
September 18th, 2018, 02:06 PM
#ButtTowson, #ButtMercer

Not even close to comparable. Davidson has been the worst team in the FCS the last few years running. Mercer was good last year and Towson picked up a very solid transfer QB.

ST_Lawson
September 18th, 2018, 02:19 PM
I picked Montana and Sac State because I want to see how Montana rebounds from last week. Plus I want to see them do really well, now that we've already played them. This will go a long way towards proving if they're going to be near the top of the Big Sky or if it's going to be a .500 season.

BisonTru
September 18th, 2018, 02:34 PM
Yes, a traditional FCS power, but Delaware hasn't been good for a while. They're not even ranked playing against the #1 team on the road.

Would James Madison vs. Southern Illinois attract the same appeal simply because it is CAA vs. MVFC? I don't think so. The only reason this is popular on here is because NDSU and Delaware have two of the biggest AGS fanbases.

I agree with this, and really it's NDSU fans as 11 of 15 votes are coming from Bison fans. If Delaware had beatin Rhody I might have considered it, but as of now Delaware looks pretty unlikely to make the playoffs. If they don't beat NDSU, they will need to go 5-2 with a tough slate of CAA games.

Sammy and Nichols is the most intriguing matchup as I'm on the fence if either team should be ranked and honestly this game will probably put one in the playoffs and the other out. The same could be said for Montana/Sac State, but I think Montana will handle them fairly easy at home.

FCSbuff319
September 18th, 2018, 06:29 PM
Sammy and Nichols is the most intriguing matchup as I'm on the fence if either team should be ranked and honestly this game will probably put one in the playoffs and the other out.

Check out Nicholls State's and Sammy's final seven games. Both teams could play intramural squads and still win those games. Yes, they should be out of the playoffs with a loss, but you can never count out what the committee might do.

Daytripper
September 18th, 2018, 06:31 PM
Check out Nicholls State's and Sammy's final seven games. Both teams could play intramural squads and still win those games. Yes, they should be out of the playoffs with a loss, but you can never count out what the committee might do.

Nicholls at least has an FBS win. That Kansas win is looking better every week.

tenNesseeCat
September 18th, 2018, 07:11 PM
I picked samford vs utc. Just me, but i don't think Delaware vs ndsu will be much of a game. I think montana will win by a decent margin. shsu vs nicholls was a close second. I'm most interested to see if the hatch attack is crashing, or will utc stumble vs better competition. I think richmond vs sb could be a good game too.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 18th, 2018, 07:54 PM
I agree with this, and really it's NDSU fans as 11 of 15 votes are coming from Bison fans. If Delaware had beatin Rhody I might have considered it, but as of now Delaware looks pretty unlikely to make the playoffs. If they don't beat NDSU, they will need to go 5-2 with a tough slate of CAA games.

Sammy and Nichols is the most intriguing matchup as I'm on the fence if either team should be ranked and honestly this game will probably put one in the playoffs and the other out. The same could be said for Montana/Sac State, but I think Montana will handle them fairly easy at home.

Unlikely to make the playoffs?

They do not have JMU on the schedule. Their toughest games will be Elon and Villanova but Villanova doesn't seem that tough right now.

Delaware, with their defense, makes the playoffs this year IMO.

SUPharmacist
September 19th, 2018, 12:50 AM
I managed to avoid my homer impulses and voted Samford-Chattanooga. Although, I think the NDSU game may end up being close.

MTfan4life
September 19th, 2018, 01:32 AM
I picked samford vs utc. Just me, but i don't think Delaware vs ndsu will be much of a game. I think montana will win by a decent margin. shsu vs nicholls was a close second. I'm most interested to see if the hatch attack is crashing, or will utc stumble vs better competition. I think richmond vs sb could be a good game too.

Don't sell the Hornets short too early. Sacramento State was better than Montana last season and they returned more starters. Montana is definitely improved, but the unfamiliarity surrounding Sacramento State is a large reason they aren't getting the respect they should. Plus, they shouldn't be intimidated by the atmosphere considering they took San Diego State to the wire in front of over 45,000 fans. They might very well be one of the two or three best teams Montana faces this season.

tenNesseeCat
September 19th, 2018, 07:28 AM
Don't sell the Hornets short too early. Sacramento State was better than Montana last season and they returned more starters. Montana is definitely improved, but the unfamiliarity surrounding Sacramento State is a large reason they aren't getting the respect they should. Plus, they shouldn't be intimidated by the atmosphere considering they took San Diego State to the wire in front of over 45,000 fans. They might very well be one of the two or three best teams Montana faces this season.

I wasn't trying to knock Sac St., I just think Montana may play with a pissed off chip on their shoulder.

dbackjon
September 19th, 2018, 11:39 AM
Sacramento State @ Montana

This

wcugrad95
September 20th, 2018, 09:11 AM
Kinda late, but I went Samford @ Chattanooga. This game is going to tell us a whole bunch about both teams and how the SoCon might go this season. Chatty looking to go 4-0 for I think only the 2nd time, Samford looking to put last week behind them (and maybe prove that the Mercer game was their annual "stinker" - although Mercer just straight-up beat them), and the game even last year was a 3-point affair with a FG at the end.

And of course I am also a SoCon homer.