PDA

View Full Version : SLC Preseason Poll

TexasTerror
July 26th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Below is the SLC Preseason Polls. Very interesting, isn't it? They placed Sam 5th and 4th. Remember what happened last time they did that? Sam won the conference title! They also picked the Bobcats from TxSt-SM as cellar dwellers and they came on strong. I think the lesson we know from the SLC is to expect the unexpected. One of those teams 4th on down are going to make the playoffs...
--------
Straight from the SLC website:

2005 SOUTHLAND CONFERENCE
PRESEASON POLLS
HEAD COACHES
Pl. University (1st-place votes) Points
1. Northwestern State (6) 36
2. Texas State 25
3. Stephen F. Austin (1) 24
4. McNeese State 23
5. Sam Houston State 19
6. Nicholls State 10
Southeastern Louisiana 10

SPORTS INFORMATION DIRECTORS
Pl. University (1st-place votes) Points
1. Northwestern State (6) 48
2. Texas State (1) 35
3. McNeese State 30
4. Sam Houston State 28
5. Stephen F. Austin 25
6. Nicholls State 21
7. Southeastern Louisiana 9

Last years coaches poll:

1. McNeese St.
2. SFA
3. Northwestern State
4. SHSU
5. Nichols State
6. TxSt

Last years SID poll

1. McNeese St.
2. SFA
3. Northwestern State
4. Nichols State
5. SHSU
6. TxSt

golionsgo
July 26th, 2005, 08:35 PM
I fully understand why we're picked there, and I love having low expectations, but we won't finish last.

blackfordpu
July 26th, 2005, 09:08 PM
I dont understand why we are put where we are. With the defense we have coming back, come on.

Retro
July 26th, 2005, 09:09 PM
I think last year's pre-season polls were good examples of coaches and SID's putting mcneese #1 so a win againest them would look more impressive than it really was. They all knew the big names we lost, but had to expect a little dropoff at least.

Most people around Mcneese felt we were a good team, but that SFA and NWST were the top 2 going into last season.

exbearkat
July 26th, 2005, 09:16 PM
I dont understand why we are put where we are. With the defense we have coming back, come on.
Hey, just think of it this way: we were basically predicted to finish in the same spot last year in both polls, so obviously, this really shouldn't be viewed as a negative thing. ;)

blackfordpu
July 26th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Hey, just think of it this way: we were basically predicted to finish in the same spot last year in both polls, so obviously, this really shouldn't be viewed as a negative thing. ;)

Good point but it would still be nice to get a little more respect. :)

Sam_Kats
July 26th, 2005, 09:26 PM
A little off topic, but does anyone know if there is a SMS fan forum? I think that game between the Kat & Bears will be a little payback!