PDA

View Full Version : Davidson 91, Guilford College 61

Go...gate
September 14th, 2018, 01:49 AM
Davidson moves to 3-0

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24669147/davidson-wildcats-beat-guilford-quakers-91-61

Lehigh'98
September 14th, 2018, 05:48 AM
Interesting OOC model. No D1 teams. Guess they need some wins anyway they can get them.

Daytripper
September 14th, 2018, 05:57 AM
D***! I took the under on the over/under of 150.

LehighU11
September 14th, 2018, 06:26 AM
Hope Lafayette doesn't get any ideas from Davidson...

OhioHen
September 14th, 2018, 07:09 AM
Interesting OOC model. No D1 teams. Guess they need some wins anyway they can get them.

Davidson often goes 0 for the OOC even with a bunch of DIII's on the schedule.

Go Green
September 14th, 2018, 07:26 AM
Davidson often goes 0 for the OOC even with a bunch of DIII's on the schedule.

They trashed College of Faith a few years back.

Model Citizen
September 14th, 2018, 08:03 AM
The program has far to go, but coach Abell is the right man to turn Davidson around.

kdinva
September 14th, 2018, 08:19 AM
The program has far to go, but coach Abell is the right man to turn Davidson around.

agree 120%.........he took Wash. and Lee from 2nd division to some ODAC championships.......using a variation of the Erk Russell/Paul Johnson option....

Reign of Terrier
September 14th, 2018, 08:29 AM
No basketball scores in the FCS discussion section please.

Oh wait.

grizband
September 14th, 2018, 09:59 AM
According to Yahoo, this is the second consecutive week Guilford has scored 61 points. They won last week's game 61-35.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RichH2
September 14th, 2018, 11:44 AM
Thanks Go... Davidson certainly an entertaining team. Saw a bunch of clips from that game. Speed kills. No matter what level. Nice to see a PL alum succeeding.

Go...gate
September 14th, 2018, 01:33 PM
Davidson is a former Colgate and Princeton opponent. I always follow them and root for their success.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
September 14th, 2018, 01:46 PM
Tackling must be hard......

GreenGlasses
September 14th, 2018, 02:19 PM

agree 120%.........he took Wash. and Lee from 2nd division to some ODAC championships.......using a variation of the Erk Russell/Paul Johnson option....

You 2 have to be joking. Davidson should have just dropped football in the mid 80s, the time frame in which they left the SoCon, and then beg the SoCon to keep them. The NCAA basically had to make a rule because Davison, in the early 90s tried and even for a few years put their football in DII and stayed DI in everything else. Had that not been stopped I could see 2-3 conference like that right now. And no one will ever turn Davidson around they are who they are, just like VMI.

ASU33
September 14th, 2018, 05:31 PM
Defense was optional I see

DFW HOYA
September 14th, 2018, 05:54 PM
The NCAA basically had to make a rule because Davison, in the early 90s tried and even for a few years put their football in DII and stayed DI in everything else.

Wrong "D".

http://articles.latimes.com/1989-11-07/sports/sp-1055_1_division-ii

Dane96
September 15th, 2018, 01:07 AM
You 2 have to be joking. Davidson should have just dropped football in the mid 80s, the time frame in which they left the SoCon, and then beg the SoCon to keep them. The NCAA basically had to make a rule because Davison, in the early 90s tried and even for a few years put their football in DII and stayed DI in everything else. Had that not been stopped I could see 2-3 conference like that right now. And no one will ever turn Davidson around they are who they are, just like VMI.

I don’t have skin in the game here however, if you’re going to talk some **** at least get it right. While Davidson may have been one of The schools abusing their status, the rule you speak of was mainly due to Dayton’s gamesmanship. It’s why the rule is called the Dayton Rule.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 15th, 2018, 02:31 AM
General Neyland is probably rolling around in his grave after seeing this score.

lknspider
September 15th, 2018, 12:33 PM

Comparing Davidson to VMI is just crazy! Never did understand why any football player would go to VMI ....but Davidson, I have known athletes that would not only pay the tuition but do anything to play for Davidson. It has been a football coaching dilemma at Davidson for many years, Coach Abell is a high quality person and coach. The school's President is a strong advocate of all Davidson athletics. It would be great to see them return to scholarship football. Keep an eye on Coach Abell....he will be moving up in FCS!!

DFW HOYA
September 15th, 2018, 12:58 PM
Comparing Davidson to VMI is just crazy! Never did understand why any football player would go to VMI ....but Davidson, I have known athletes that would not only pay the tuition but do anything to play for Davidson.

By their record of late, there aren't enough of them.