PDA

View Full Version : Incarnate Word to play at Iowa State

Laker
September 12th, 2018, 02:40 PM
Iowa State, whose game with South Dakota State was rained out, will now play Incarnate Word.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dm6moRAWsAAM9_z.jpg

Winterborn
September 12th, 2018, 02:46 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolx Guess they wanted a real easy game.

grizband
September 12th, 2018, 02:50 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolx Guess they wanted a real easy game.
Still may not be enough for bowl eligibility! xthumbsupx

Catatonic
September 12th, 2018, 02:56 PM
UIW must have gotten a waiver from the NCAA to schedule a 12th game. And since it’s scheduled for December they must be pretty sure they aren’t going to the playoffs.

Who schedules a game in Iowa in December?

BEAR
September 12th, 2018, 03:17 PM
Kinda redefines Decemberists huh? xlolx

TheRevSFA
September 12th, 2018, 04:19 PM
UIW needs more cash

PantherRob82
September 12th, 2018, 04:22 PM
Weird.

cx500d
September 12th, 2018, 04:25 PM
Its IW's only way to play in December

Wildcat1997
September 12th, 2018, 04:28 PM
UIW must have gotten a waiver from the NCAA to schedule a 12th game. And since it’s scheduled for December they must be pretty sure they aren’t going to the playoffs.

Who schedules a game in Iowa in December?This game replaces UIW's matchup with North Alabama, which was originally scheduled for Nov. 15, so they still only play 11.

Catatonic
September 12th, 2018, 04:30 PM
This game replaces UIW's matchup with North Alabama, which was originally scheduled for Nov. 15, so they still only play 11.

Insaw that after I posted. Also, the game won’t be played if ISU qualifies for the B12 Campionship or UIW makes it to the playoffs. There’s a 99% chance the game will be played.

Anyway who cancels a home game against a winnable opponent to go on the road for a virtually assured beat down, their third of the year?

cx500d
September 12th, 2018, 04:35 PM
Insaw that after I posted. Also, the game won’t be played if ISU qualifies for the B12 Campionship or UIW makes it to the playoffs. There’s a 99% chance the game will be played.

Anyway who cancels a home game against a winnable opponent to go on the road for a virtually assured beat down, their third of the year?

$$$$

Plus they would have got smoked by UNA regardless.

JayJ79
September 12th, 2018, 05:28 PM

They average under 5K in home attendance, and are probably getting something like $500K for this game (just a guess, given the circumstances). And it isn't likely that they would make the playoffs anyway.

Lion1983
September 12th, 2018, 05:35 PM
They average under 5K in home attendance, and are probably getting something like $500K for this game (just a guess, given the circumstances). And it isn't likely that they would make the playoffs anyway.

I dont really think it was a winnable game for IWU. That being said, it kinda screws North Alabama.

clenz
September 12th, 2018, 06:47 PM
300K for the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JayJ79
September 12th, 2018, 06:55 PM
I wonder if it also includes a buyout payout to North Alabama, since IW is breaking the contract for that game

Catatonic
September 12th, 2018, 07:51 PM
UIW has already played two FBS money games this year against New Mexico and North Texas. Adding a third just seems a bit much.

Laker
September 12th, 2018, 07:59 PM
I wonder if it also includes a buyout payout to North Alabama, since IW is breaking the contract for that game

They should get some money. I wonder how much.

kperk014
September 12th, 2018, 08:01 PM

Maybe they don't feel the UNA game is winnable so if you're going to get killed, make a killing out of it.

kperk014
September 12th, 2018, 08:05 PM
$$$$

Plus they would have got smoked by UNA regardless.

"Skip" is the WORD. A loss and a big basket full of money is better than losing to a first year team.

PAllen
September 12th, 2018, 08:39 PM
Good pickup for them.

Winterborn
September 12th, 2018, 08:49 PM
I wonder what the crowd size will be at Iowa State for the game? :D

Lion1983
September 12th, 2018, 09:50 PM
They should get some money. I wonder how much.

Just found out they will pay UNA 100k. And UNA is looking for another game.

Laker
September 12th, 2018, 10:00 PM
Just found out they will pay UNA 100k. And UNA is looking for another game.

I wondered about that too. There must be a number of other schools who would be looking after this weekend.

Laker
September 12th, 2018, 10:01 PM

15,000?

clenz
September 12th, 2018, 10:06 PM
Catch 22

Iowa State is almost always terribad, but they had a strong fan base

If they are playing the game it means that they haven't secured a bowl bid yet and the season went poorly. Meaning the fans won't care about that game.
If they've already qualified for a bowl they really won't care about the game - and there will be many pissed they are playing a meaningless game and wn't want to play.

However, there will be the novelty about a December home game at Jack Trice Stadium - it's literally never happened before.

Crowd will be announced at/near sell out. They've made a complete cluster **** of the ticketing situation since the SDSU game was canceled and have been very vague about refunds for those who won't go to the next game. They'll count nearly every ticket sold (and adjust based on student attendance from a sell out).

DFW HOYA
September 12th, 2018, 10:18 PM
Iowa State fans will show up to see the game.

Much like K-State, Virginia Tech and Texas A&M, ISU has a loyal following even though they're not the state's flagship.

Good pickup for them.
Great publicity for UIW, a school which is fairly anonymous even in Texas. Were that a PL team would have been in the mix.