Robert Morris at James Madison – 7:00 pm

Saturday – 9-15

Dayton at Duquesne – 12:00 noon
Wagner at Montana St. – 3:00 pm
Columbia at Central Connecticut – 5:00 pm
Marist at Bryant – 6:00 pm

Bonus Game:

Merrimack at Bentley – 2:00 pm

It looks like a short week for RMU thanks to Hurricane Florence. This could also be the case for StFU, although based on the latest forecast, this game may not be impacted by the Hurricane.

I’m not sure what to make of Duquesne after last week's close game with Valpo. I think Montana St. and Bryant will win easily, but I think CCSU will be tested.

Adding the bonus game for the NEC’s newest member. No idea who to pick, but since Merrimack is 0-2, I’ll go with Bentley.

*This game may be moved to Thursday.

Gangtackle11
September 12th, 2018, 07:50 AM
JMU
Duquesne
Richmond
Montana State
CCSU
Bryant

Merrimack

bonarae
September 12th, 2018, 08:42 AM
JMU
Duquesne
Richmond
Montana State
Columbia
Bryant

Bentley

aceinthehole
September 12th, 2018, 09:36 AM
For the third straight week, take the HOME* teams ...

James Madison
Duquesne
Richmond*
Montana State
Central Conn. St.
Bryant

Bonus: Bentley

* The game has been moved to Lorretto due to the hurricane, but I'll stick with the Spiders.
https://www.richmond.com/sports/college/schools/university-richmond/spiders-football-game-moved-to-thursday-at-saint-francis-located/article_dcc6978d-f2aa-5b39-9cba-fa14e953a5b1.html

Bluefish845
September 12th, 2018, 09:54 AM
JMU
Duquesne may be closer than expected
Richmond
Montana St.
Columbia counter intuitive with CCSU at home but Bagnoli moving the Lions in the right direction
Bryant too much Price Wilson for Marist

15-0 in NEC Pick'em to date

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 12th, 2018, 10:09 AM
SFU beats the Spiders. Lightning functions well in the rain and spiders don't. See the Itty Bitys Spider.

The rest of the NEC games mean nothing to me.

downbythebeach
September 12th, 2018, 02:43 PM
SFU vs Richmond game moved to Loretto PA on Thursday night.

aceinthehole
September 12th, 2018, 02:51 PM
SFU vs Richmond game moved to Loretto PA on Thursday night.

SFU will host a CAA team for the second year in a row. Last year Towson went north to Loretto and escaped a with a 16-14 win.

To University of Richmond Athletic Director John Hardt, it became clear that the football team from Saint Francis University was not coming to UR for the scheduled Saturday afternoon game. Virginia and the city of Richmond had declared a state of emergency in advance of Hurricane Florence.

SFU was not sending a travel party into an area that had declared a state of emergency, Hardt said Wednesday. Maryland, potentially a destination for a neutral-site game, also declared a state of emergency.

"That began to really narrow the possibilities for playing the game, and where we could play the game," said Hardt. "It really led us to an earlier scenario we talked about, and that is flipping the location."

Spiders coach Russ Huesman and his players were strongly in favor of playing the Red Flash and not canceling the game. Thursday night seemed like the right time to miss heavy weather for Richmond's return trip. So UR's team practiced Wednesday morning and boarded buses at 2 p.m. for a four-and-a-half hour ride to Loretto, Pa., where Richmond and Saint Francis will meet at 5 p.m. Thursday.

"The best plans have to be flexible plans," said Hardt.

Saint Francis was due a financial guarantee for playing at UR. Hardt would not disclose the amount, but said SFU is not expecting payment. Saint Francis will visit UR in the future, but that game is part of a two-game deal between the schools that was struck before this situation.

"I don't hold it against Saint Francis at all. They're doing what's best for their student-athletes, and the way it looked [Tuesday], it was best to say, 'We're not coming down there,'" Huesman said after Wednesday's practice. "I don't blame them a bit." https://www.richmond.com/sports/college/schools/university-richmond/given-circumstances-sfu-wasn-t-visiting-richmond-so-richmond-will/article_dcc6978d-f2aa-5b39-9cba-fa14e953a5b1.html

dgreco
September 13th, 2018, 09:55 AM
JMU
Dayton
Richmond
Montana State
CCSU
Bryant

Bentley

Last week: 6-1
Overall: 10-2

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 13th, 2018, 11:33 AM
I have heard rumors that SFU is still receiving some money.

That Richmond article is a lot of bemoaning.

downbythebeach
September 13th, 2018, 12:25 PM
I think I am going to the game tonight. Anyone else going? I wonder how the crowd will be....that night game last year versus Towson was electric.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 13th, 2018, 01:23 PM
I think I am going to the game tonight. Anyone else going? I wonder how the crowd will be....that night game last year versus Towson was electric.

I will be at the game.

Hopefully, it is a solid crowd. Unfortunately, it was short botice.

downbythebeach
September 13th, 2018, 03:33 PM
I will be at the game.

Hopefully, it is a solid crowd. Unfortunately, it was short botice.

It's a great day, but I bet that little bit of rain we had earlier scares people away.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 13th, 2018, 03:53 PM
It's a great day, but I bet that little bit of rain we had earlier scares people away.
And the Altoona Mirror apparently never printed a story on the location switch.

maninthehighcastle
September 14th, 2018, 09:32 AM
Saturday – 9-15

Dayton at Duquesne – 12:00 noon
Wagner at Montana St. – 3:00 pm
Columbia at Central Connecticut – 5:00 pm
Marist at Bryant – 6:00 pm

Bonus Game:

Merrimack at Bentley – 2:00 pm

aceinthehole
September 15th, 2018, 08:24 AM
Lines for NEC games:

Duquesne (-10.5) vs. Dayton (O/U 54.5)
Wagner (+20.5) at Montana State (O/U 48.5)
Central Conn. (+1.5) vs. Columbia (O/U 46)
Bryant (-17.5) vs. Marist (O/U 68.5)