PDA

View Full Version : LEHIGH ANNOUNCES SPRING PRACTICE AND GAME SCHEDULE

ngineer
March 20th, 2007, 10:18 PM
Lehigh's spring practice officially begins this coming Thursday. Due to the recent snow, practice will be on the artificial turf field at Ulrich Stadium (home to the lacrosse/field hockey teams). Brown and White Game will be played at Goodman on April 21 at 1 p.m., though some work outs may occur earlier. Coen issued a statement regarding his various points of focus for the next month. Full release at www.lehighsports.com

Go Lehigh TU owl
March 20th, 2007, 11:51 PM
Any word if John Reese is returning for a 5th year?

Lehigh Football Nation
March 21st, 2007, 09:31 AM
Not sure if Reese is coming back. You're unlikely to hear back right away if folks like Reese or Brannan Thomas will be back for 5th years since they have to petition the NCAA for a 5th year and it officially has to be granted. I've never heard of a medical redshirt case denied an athlete at Lehigh, but I'm sure that nothing can be said until the NCAA comes back.

For example:

Lehigh led the Patriot League in both scoring offense (27.2 ppg) and defense (20.2 ppg) in 2006 and return four All-League selections from last season, including First-Team All-League signal caller Sedale Threatt. In addition, the Mountain Hawks return three of their top four rushers, along with a solid group of wide receivers that saw significant time last season. On defense, Lehigh’s secondary figures to be the strongest position group in terms of returners, led by rising seniors Ernest Moore, Daynin Blake, Aaron Gillard and Julian Ahye.

Note Brannan Thomas was not mentioned, even though he's petitioning for a 5th year (confirmed). Of course, he could be playing wideout again.

ngineer
March 21st, 2007, 10:34 AM
Too early, yet, to know if the medical petitions will be granted. Not sure when the deadline is, but from past experience I know that prior redshirters still were in the dark this time of year.

Lehigh74
March 21st, 2007, 11:06 AM
Does anyone know when we can expect to see the Spring Prospectus?

RichH2
March 21st, 2007, 12:34 PM
Would expect to hear on Reese and Thomas before the end of the month assuming applications were timely.

Prospectus has in the past come out in April sometimes before practice starts sometimes after.

JEEz could that be any more vague an answer.

cosmo here
March 21st, 2007, 12:59 PM
Too early, yet, to know if the medical petitions will be granted. Not sure when the deadline is, but from past experience I know that prior redshirters still were in the dark this time of year.

usually students who will be fifth-year medical redshirt seniors have to sit out the spring academic semester so they can receive their eighth semester of financial aid the next fall, so I would think they already know by now.

Lehigh Football Nation
March 21st, 2007, 05:54 PM
If Spring is in the air, then that means it's time for my initial view of the 2008 Mountain Hawks on the eve of Spring Practice.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

ngineer
March 21st, 2007, 08:02 PM
If Spring is in the air, then that means it's time for my initial view of the 2008 Mountain Hawks on the eve of Spring Practice.

Nice overview LFN. We certainly have some 'holes' to fill, but I think our 'rising' classes had a good number of guys who got plenty of playing time--I think we have nice crew of you linebackers--Cohen and Diamond especially.
The real 'sleeper' on offense could be Donchez. He showed some flashes last year, but with his size and speed he could be major force. He really needs to step it up this year and he could really open some eyes.

cosmo here
March 22nd, 2007, 09:10 AM

the 2007 Mountain Hawks are conceding this year, and prepping to prevent Lafayette's "one for the thumb" in 2008 . . ? :)

Lehigh Football Nation
March 22nd, 2007, 09:20 AM
the 2007 Mountain Hawks are conceding this year, and prepping to prevent Lafayette's "one for the thumb" in 2008 . . ? :)

xlolx xlolx xlolx This is fixed. This is what happens when I try to work a 50-hour week at work, fix my mother-in-law's computer, help raise a child, write a Pulitzer prize-worthy (yeah right) piece on the state of the Patriot League, refurbish my Google Map code, and get an average of 4.5 hours of sleep a night.

On a semi-related note, on the Voy someone responded to my post about the blog posting with the lyrics to "Feelings". I don't know why, but it cracked me up. Must be the sleep deprivation.

ngineer
March 24th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Word on the Lehigh Voy board is that Reese is definitely back next season at center. Received his medical red shirt. That is a big plus in providing some leadership and experience to the OL. With Kehs and Bayani returning and big things expected of Harden, who missed last year with broken leg, the OL should be in decent shape.

Lehigh74
March 25th, 2007, 03:06 PM
On LFN's board it was reported that, in addition to Reese, Rusty Campion, Kyle Adams, Travis Stinson and Brannan Thomas will all be back for a 5th year. Can anyone confirm this rumor?

ngineer
March 25th, 2007, 07:31 PM
That is very good news for the 'D' side of things. They bring some good experience to mix with some of the nice rising sophomores that were recruited last year.

Pard4Life
March 26th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Lehigh's spring practice officially begins this coming Thursday. Due to the recent snow, practice will be on the artificial turf field at Ulrich Stadium (home to the lacrosse/field hockey teams). Brown and White Game will be played at Goodman on April 21 at 1 p.m., though some work outs may occur earlier. Coen issued a statement regarding his various points of focus for the next month. Full release at www.lehighsports.com

Hmm you can go to Lafayette for the 11am spring game and then over to Lehigh for the 1pm game... however I will be taking in the Laf-Lehigh baseball game at Metzger..

Andy
March 26th, 2007, 12:07 PM
Hmm you can go to Lafayette for the 11am spring game and then over to Lehigh for the 1pm game... however I will be taking in the Laf-Lehigh baseball game at Metzger..

Me, too. I see that the Lafayette spring game will be available on all-access for our further review.

Are any Lehigh seniors NOT coming back for a fifth year? xrolleyesx

Fordham
March 26th, 2007, 12:24 PM
I believe my uncle is Lehigh class of '62 (or thereabouts). Like all alums and students, he petitioned but has not yet heard back, andy. I'll keep you posted.

RichH2
March 26th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Coach K must have really sold D on his scheme nobody wants to graduate.

ngineer
March 26th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Me, too. I see that the Lafayette spring game will be available on all-access for our further review.

Are any Lehigh seniors NOT coming back for a fifth year? xrolleyesx

I actually have two years of eligibility left (only played my freshman and sophomore years). I'm thinking of re-upping. Get a second bachelors' degree in electrical engineering...so I can be a circuit judge!:D ;)