PDA

View Full Version : UND @ SHSU

Pages : [1] 2

geaux_sioux
September 10th, 2018, 12:05 PM
This is a huge game all around. Our entire fan base is using this game as a litmus test for the current state of our team. Is Sam as vulnerable on the ground as they appear? Will we rush for 400 yards? Will they pass for 700 yards on our secondary? It appears to be a big time strength vs weakness game on both sides. Should be fun.

nodak651
September 10th, 2018, 12:18 PM
I think this could be a really interesting game. UND defense looked pretty good against Washington for 3 quarters. Both teams were playing their starters until the last couple minutes of the third quarter, and UND held Washington to only 24 points up to this point. UND was getting some pressure on their QB and stuffing their run game for most of the game. If UND can move the ball on offense, I think we will be in business.

geaux_sioux
September 10th, 2018, 12:23 PM
I think this could be a really interesting game. UND defense looked pretty good against Washington for 3 quarters. Both teams were playing their starters until the last couple minutes of the third quarter, and UND held Washington to only 24 points up to this point. UND was getting some pressure on their QB and stuffing their run game for most of the game. If UND can move the ball on offense, I think we will be in business.

I’m more concerned with getting spread out and shredded though the air. We have a long history of air raid spread teams killing us for massive yardage.

nodak651
September 10th, 2018, 12:29 PM
I’m more concerned with getting spread out and shredded though the air. We have a long history of air raid spread teams killing us for massive yardage.

Agreed. We either win a close one or its a blow out. Our special teams play doesn't help matters.

Here is a nice breakdown from the UND - Washington game from UNDfootball360 https://undfootball360.com/news/und-vs-washington-360-reaction/

Daytripper
September 10th, 2018, 12:37 PM
This is a huge game all around. Our entire fan base is using this game as a litmus test for the current state of our team. Is Sam as vulnerable on the ground as they appear? Will we rush for 400 yards? Will they pass for 700 yards on our secondary? It appears to be a big time strength vs weakness game on both sides. Should be fun.

I promise you this: We will not pass for 700 yards on you. Our offensive philosophy is changing to a more balanced attack and we have three unproven QBs. You guys might hit the 400 yard mark rushing. That little PVAMU RB went for over 220 on us. Hope its a good, competitive, injury-free game.

geaux_sioux
September 10th, 2018, 01:02 PM
I promise you this: We will not pass for 700 yards on you. Our offensive philosophy is changing to a more balanced attack and we have three unproven QBs. You guys might hit the 400 yard mark rushing. That little PVAMU RB went for over 220 on us. Hope its a good, competitive, injury-free game.

What tends to happen against explosive offensive teams is that they start out balanced and find out running isn’t successful against our d. They then chuck the pigskin all over the yard for insane yardage. I expect you guys to go full air raid by the second quarter.

Sammy94
September 10th, 2018, 01:34 PM
What tends to happen against explosive offensive teams is that they start out balanced and find out running isn’t successful against our d. They then chuck the pigskin all over the yard for insane yardage. I expect you guys to go full air raid by the second quarter.

Your expectations are based on last year. We are no longer “air raid”. We still pass a lot because the talent of our WR corps but it’s no where near air raid. The game will be close most of the way is my prediction.

Panther88
September 10th, 2018, 01:40 PM

If you guys do not put 5 defenders to spy on Nathan Stewart, you will miserably lose this game. And, SHSU's front 3/4 are very physical against the run and have a hella' pass rush. Goooooooooood luck because I have a very strange feeling you may be "schmid'd" before it's all said and done.

Katfan
September 10th, 2018, 02:07 PM
If you guys do not put 5 defenders to spy on Nathan Stewart, you will miserably lose this game. And, SHSU's front 3/4 are very physical against the run and have a hella' pass rush. Goooooooooood luck because I have a very strange feeling you may be "schmid'd" before it's all said and done.
You are assuming Dare could throw the ball to him. I swear he was open down the field several times in the PV game and the throw wasn’t close or it was to the boundary and led him out of bounds when there was no one within 10 yards of him. He should have had 3 tds on long passes if we had a more accurate passer. I don’t think Schmid will play as Keeler said in the post game interview that Brock is the backup. Keeler is obsessed with having a pocket passer. Schmid is more the dual threat guy. He may play some but don’t look for him to start or come in if Dare doesn’t get his act together. I personally think he the best qb we have based on watching them in scrimmage but he doesn’t have the biggest arm. He is the fastest runner and most accurate medium range passer of the bunch.

geaux_sioux
September 10th, 2018, 02:15 PM
You are assuming Dare could throw the ball to him. I swear he was open down the field several times in the PV game and the throw wasn’t close or it was to the boundary and led him out of bounds when there was no one within 10 yards of him. He should have had 3 tds on long passes if we had a more accurate passer. I don’t think Schmid will play as Keeler said in the post game interview that Brock is the backup. Keeler is obsessed with having a pocket passer. Schmid is more the dual threat guy. He may play some but don’t look for him to start or come in if Dare doesn’t get his act together. I personally think he the best qb we have based on watching them in scrimmage but he doesn’t have the biggest arm. He is the fastest runner and most accurate medium range passer of the bunch.

What about the OLB from UT that I keep hearing about? He any good?

IBleedYellow
September 10th, 2018, 02:22 PM
I honestly have no idea who is going to win this game.

I don't even know if it will be close or a blow out one way or the other.

Katfan
September 10th, 2018, 02:26 PM
What about the OLB from UT that I keep hearing about? He any good?
Fowler played lb last year moved him to DE. He’s a big reason we had 14 tackles for loss and PV was 1-14 on 3rd down. But he also missed on a couple of tackles when PV ran in passing situations that led to a couple of big runs. But he’s pretty good!

geaux_sioux
September 10th, 2018, 02:28 PM
I honestly have no idea who is going to win this game.

I don't even know if it will be close or a blow out one way or the other.

One thing is for sure, if we win we will recieve zero credit from NDSU fans. No matter what happens, we suck, keep that in mind.

Katfan
September 10th, 2018, 02:31 PM
One thing is for sure, if we win we will recieve zero credit from NDSU fans. No matter what happens, we suck, keep that in mind.
Funny buts it’s true for either team. If we scored on every play and didn’t give up a yard we’d still suck!

POD Knows
September 10th, 2018, 02:34 PM
One thing is for sure, if we win we will recieve zero credit from NDSU fans. No matter what happens, we suck, keep that in mind.I actually think you are going to win and you will win based on how much you push them around with your ground game. I was not impressed by the SHSU D the other night and I was really unimpressed by their QB play. UND has a real shot at this. I still won't give UND any credit as I will cite a let down for SHSU for the close game last weekend, or global warming, or the sun got in SHSU's eyes, or bad reffing or something. :D

POD Knows
September 10th, 2018, 02:35 PM
Funny buts it’s true for either team. If we scored on every play and didn’t give up a yard we’d still suck!You guys should name the game "The Battle of the AGS Message Board Red Headed Step Child" or something.

IBleedYellow
September 10th, 2018, 02:36 PM

If you win I'm going to blame SHSU for sucking.

If you lose I'm going to blame UND for sucking.

Really it's a win/win situation for me.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 10th, 2018, 02:39 PM
Im sure bubba is watching the playoff game from last year when NDSU ran all over Sammy. Run the ball until they prove they can stop it.

IBleedYellow
September 10th, 2018, 02:43 PM
Im sure bubba is watching the playoff game from last year when NDSU ran all over Sammy. Run the ball until they prove they can stop it.

If UND can beat SHSU via passing they probably will be alright. I'm assuming SHSU is going to stack the box and attempt to stop the run to make UND beat em via passing.

Katfan
September 10th, 2018, 02:46 PM
If you win I'm going to blame SHSU for sucking.

If you lose I'm going to blame UND for sucking.

Really it's a win/win situation for me.

good point.

Hambone
September 10th, 2018, 02:51 PM
You guys should name the game "The Battle of the AGS Message Board Red Headed Step Child" or something.

Has a good ring to it.

As for the game, I think it should be a good one, but I thought the same thing when UND traveled to USD last year and we know how that turned out. I think the OL has played relatively well this year, and definitely got better from week 1 to week 2. The defensive backfield still worries me a bit, but my main concern is our special teams play. I've been told our kicker has a great leg, but he's not putting kickoffs into the end zone and in Washington he was short on a 43 yard FG (I'm not sure how this is even possible without it being tipped). I have a feeling that our special teams could lose us a game or two this year, and this might be it......

nodak651
September 10th, 2018, 02:52 PM
In regard to passing, Bubba often sits our fastest receivers on the bench, and plays tall, possession guys. We often play three 6'4" receivers at once, but they are slow as hell. Does Sam Houston have decent CB's?

nodak651
September 10th, 2018, 02:55 PM
Has a good ring to it.

As for the game, I think it should be a good one, but I thought the same thing when UND traveled to USD last year and we know how that turned out. I think the OL has played relatively well this year, and definitely got better from week 1 to week 2. The defensive backfield still worries me a bit, but my main concern is our special teams play. I've been told our kicker has a great leg, but he's not putting kickoffs into the end zone and in Washington he was short on a 43 yard FG (I'm not sure how this is even possible without it being tipped). I have a feeling that our special teams could lose us a game or two this year, and this might be it......

This has been really disappointing since Tom Miller was "reporting" over the summer that touch backs would be no problem and his field goal range went out to 50 yards.

IBleedYellow
September 10th, 2018, 02:58 PM
This has been really disappointing since Tom Miller was "reporting" over the summer that touch backs would be no problem and his field goal range went out to 50 yards.

Has Tom ever been that great of a reporter for on field talent, tho?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 10th, 2018, 03:26 PM
If UND can beat SHSU via passing they probably will be alright. I'm assuming SHSU is going to stack the box and attempt to stop the run to make UND beat em via passing.

Probably

UND runs a similar scheme to the Bison. I bet they try to ram it down SHSU's throat until they stop it. AND probably blitzes a lot to put pressure on the QB, IMO.

geaux_sioux
September 10th, 2018, 03:27 PM

50 yard range is not good at all. Most good kickers can scratch around 60 or better.

Hammerhead
September 10th, 2018, 03:30 PM
UND did better than I expected at Washington although maybe the Huskies weren't really focused on the F'Hawkers. My guess is that Sam Houston will keep their Big Sky heavyweight championship belt and vanquish another contender. :)

Daytripper
September 10th, 2018, 03:31 PM

Yep. Join the club.

Daytripper
September 10th, 2018, 03:33 PM
In regard to passing, Bubba often sits our fastest receivers on the bench, and plays tall, possession guys. We often play three 6'4" receivers at once, but they are slow as hell. Does Sam Houston have decent CB's?

Yes. Our secondary is a strength, I think. They are young but fairly big and rangy. They did a great job of shutting down the PVAMU passing game. My concern is our offense.

Schism55
September 10th, 2018, 04:04 PM
Is Keeler set on playing the statue at QB again this week? Was underwhelmed completely by his play against PV. If so I think UND has a decent shot to win this.

Katfan
September 10th, 2018, 04:21 PM
Is Keeler set on playing the statue at QB again this week? Was underwhelmed completely by his play against PV. If so I think UND has a decent shot to win this.
That’s certainly the impression he gave in the post game presser.

katss07
September 10th, 2018, 04:23 PM
I’m not any more concerned about this game than I was about the PVAMU game, although that isn’t saying much. I expect a preety good game. I know Bison hans dont like UND so they rag on em, but I think UND is pretty respectable.

Sam’s rush D is, once again, an issue. I really hope they can figure something out eventually because it gets really effing old. I did like the pass rush last week, disrupted lots the qb was trying to do especially in the first half. Passing D is improved IMO. Its the ground game I’m nervous about right now.

Offense will go as the qb situation goes. This is a hard game to predict but I trust KC at this point so I guess I’ll go Kats by 2 scores.

nodak651
September 10th, 2018, 07:14 PM
Has Tom ever been that great of a reporter for on field talent, tho?

Has Tom ever been that great of a reporter for ANYTHING?

cx500d
September 10th, 2018, 07:17 PM
This is a complete tossup...Have been unimpressed with Sammy.

Twentysix
September 10th, 2018, 07:51 PM
I'm intrigued by this matchup. I have SHSU about 10 spots lower than the ags poll. They have not lived up to their ags ranking, not even close. If they lose this game they are probably going to move into my 25-35 range unless there is something really unexpected that occurs. I'll be watching this one for sure.

UND has not made my top 40. So for me this is a ranked vs completely unranked game. If UND wins, and depending on how they win, they will probably enter the top 40 for me. Good luck to both teams.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Sammy94
September 10th, 2018, 08:21 PM
This is a complete tossup...Have been unimpressed with Sammy.

You mean the first game of the year? I was unimpressed by some of it myself.

Daytripper
September 10th, 2018, 08:32 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/5Lh8W03qPLD0I/giphy.gif

cx500d
September 10th, 2018, 09:12 PM

Some?

IBleedYellow
September 10th, 2018, 09:20 PM
Has Tom ever been that great of a reporter for ANYTHING?I didn't want to say that...he's your guy's though. Haha

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

geaux_sioux
September 10th, 2018, 09:38 PM
If we can get the passing game going we will win. If Sam can get the running game going they will win.

AmsterBison
September 11th, 2018, 07:15 AM
I think UND picks up the win. SHSU looks like both their run defense and overall offense have taken a step back from last year.

TheRevSFA
September 11th, 2018, 07:20 AM

But that chain gang was spot on

Daytripper
September 11th, 2018, 07:24 AM
I think UND picks up the win. SHSU looks like both their run defense and overall offense have taken a step back from last year.

Can't argue with that.

Sammy94
September 11th, 2018, 10:06 AM

We were in mid season form already.

Bisonator
September 11th, 2018, 11:42 AM

Is that even possible?xeyebrowx

BreakEvenPeach
September 11th, 2018, 11:46 AM
Lets gooooo!!!!
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28749&stc=1

AmsterBison
September 11th, 2018, 12:55 PM

From what I saw of their game, yeah, the run defense is worse. Saying SHSU is not gap sound is like saying water is dampish.

It's very possible that I'm not giving the PV A&M enough credit though.

Katfan
September 11th, 2018, 12:57 PM
Unfortunately yes, but it was the first game played in the rain so we’ll see. But if there isnt dramatic improvement it’ll be a long season.

Daytripper
September 11th, 2018, 01:16 PM
Unfortunately yes, but it was the first game played in the rain so we’ll see. But if there is dramatic improvement it’ll be a long season.

Looks like the second game will be played in the rain, also....

katss07
September 11th, 2018, 03:12 PM
From what I saw of their game, yeah, the run defense is worse. Saying SHSU is not gap sound is like saying water is dampish.

It's very possible that I'm not giving the PV A&M enough credit though.
Your 100% correct on both if you ask me. PVAMU is bettet than many believe. The Kats run defense has also somehow gotten worse

F'N Hawks
September 11th, 2018, 03:14 PM
Looks like the second game will be played in the rain, also....

NOOOOO!!!! Hate rain games. Always skews the result.

cx500d
September 11th, 2018, 06:08 PM

You mean the Trusty's?

Bisonoline
September 11th, 2018, 06:48 PM
You mean the Trusty's?

AKA their defensive front 4

geaux_sioux
September 11th, 2018, 07:44 PM
NOOOOO!!!! Hate rain games. Always skews the result.
With how our running backs can catch fumbleitis this may not work out in our favor at all.

geaux_sioux
September 12th, 2018, 09:59 AM
What does the Sam secondary look like? Is it the strength of the defense?

Sammy94
September 12th, 2018, 10:17 AM

We have no strength in our defense. What is defense?

Daytripper
September 12th, 2018, 10:54 AM

It's actually pretty good, I think. We have some young players back there but they are pretty athletic. A couple played quite a bit last season as freshmen.

TheRevSFA
September 12th, 2018, 12:05 PM
I might...just might...drive up to watch this one.

Haven't fully decided. I might also do nothing but sit on my couch since I've been travelling since last Friday.

Daytripper
September 12th, 2018, 12:54 PM

Haven't fully decided. I might also do nothing but sit on my couch since I've been travelling since last Friday.

You should. There will be plenty of tickets available, as usual.

IBleedYellow
September 12th, 2018, 02:03 PM

We've talked about how much your travels have taken you.

Couch.

geaux_sioux
September 12th, 2018, 04:57 PM
We have no strength in our defense. What is defense?

Well, I could be wrong, but I believe defense is an old, old wooden ship used during the Civil War era

cx500d
September 12th, 2018, 05:01 PM
Well, I could be wrong, but I believe defense is an old, old wooden ship used during the Civil War era

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbosNi2JKxU

Nodak78
September 14th, 2018, 02:35 PM
http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20180914093333400688304

Serpentor
September 14th, 2018, 04:33 PM

Defense? You speak of the before time... before Keeler....

BisonFan02
September 14th, 2018, 04:36 PM
http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20180914093333400688304

North Dakota's physical, wear-you-down style is built from the same mold of North Dakota State and James Madison, the other FCS power that has come along in Keeler's five years at Sam Houston - the one that hammered his team in the 2016 playoffs - so the Bearkats will have a measuring stick before they head into Southland Conference play next week.

................xlolx

F'N Hawks
September 14th, 2018, 05:41 PM
................xlolx

Needledik Bison fans super-triggered by his comments.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2018, 05:45 PM
................xlolx

Ya, I chuckled at that statement also....xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

Needledik Bison fans super-triggered by his comments.

Get over yourself.

Nobody quoted you.

F'N Hawks
September 14th, 2018, 05:58 PM
Ya, I chuckled at that statement also....xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

Get over yourself.

Nobody quoted you.

Get over yourself...from a Bison fan. Classic.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2018, 06:06 PM

Two Bison guys get a chuckle out of an article on the SHSU/UND game and you whine like a little baby.

Nobody quoted you.
Nobody said anything bad about your favorite team.
Nobody thread drifted this.

You have the same pattern on all of these things. Whine about Bison fans posting about your team.

How about this for a change if you can understand it. Engage instead of defense mode whining about anything and everything on here. Rinse/repeat.......rinse/repeat

And here is a little nugget for you: 02 and me "chuckling" about UND being compared to NDSU and JMU is pretty hilarious. Yes, UND runs a similar traditional style but they are no where near the caliber of NDSU/JMU. Factual there.

Hambone is actually a good UND poster. Get your notebook out and take some pointers....xthumbsupx

F'N Hawks
September 14th, 2018, 06:10 PM
Two Bison guys get a chuckle out of an article on the SHSU/UND game and you whine like a little baby.

Nobody quoted you.
Nobody said anything bad about your favorite team.

You have the same pattern on all of these things. Whine about Bison fans posting about your team.

How about this for a change if you can understand it. Engage instead of defense mode whining about anything and everything on here. Rinse/repeat.......rinse/repeat

And here is a little nugget for you: 02 and me "chuckling" about UND being compared to NDSU and JMU is pretty hilarious. Yes, UND runs a similar traditional style but they are no where near the caliber of NDSU/JMU. Factual there.

Hambone is actually a good UND poster. Get your notebook out and take some pointers....xthumbsupx

Gonna be alright? Geez bro.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2018, 06:12 PM
Gonna be alright? Geez bro.

I'm fine, my life is great.

Just let that post above sink in a little bit....

Lorne_Malvo
September 14th, 2018, 08:18 PM

Ahhh, a UND fan crawls out into the light for the yearly smack. I can tolerate it for a day until he sulks back into the shadows humiliated and ashamed for another year like a masochistic groundhog.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2018, 08:58 PM
Ahhh, a UND fan crawls out into the light for the yearly smack. I can tolerate it for a day until he sulks back into the shadows humiliated and ashamed for another year like a masochistic groundhog.

Next year a few more of them will start posting then in '20 there will be some more.

Darrel will probably never come back which is too bad.....he was fun to poke and jab.

Hambone is good and this geaux_sioux guy seems alright.

Now if UND starts winning consistently, then more of them will come out of the woodwork.

TheKingpin28
September 14th, 2018, 09:03 PM
Next year a few more of them will start posting then in '20 there will be some more.

Darrel will probably never come back which is too bad.....he was fun to poke and jab.

Hambone is good and this geaux_sioux guy seems alright.

Now if UND starts winning consistently, then more of them will come out of the woodwork.This is something we do not need, at all. Still makes me happy that GFCC gets to do an Away-Away-Away with NDSU, as it should be. Sucks that NDSU has to travel up there every other year when they join the MVFC. I was enjoying them trying to "prove NDSU wrong" when it fact, they, as usual, lagged behind and screwed the pooch.

I'm surprised they haven't created a committee to research how the 3 away games in a row are going to affect their hockey team.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2018, 09:23 PM
This is something we do not need, at all. Still makes me happy that GFCC gets to do an Away-Away-Away with NDSU, as it should be. Sucks that NDSU has to travel up there every other year when they join the MVFC. I was enjoying them trying to "prove NDSU wrong" when it fact, they, as usual, lagged behind and screwed the pooch.

I'm surprised they haven't created a committee to research how the 3 away games in a row are going to affect their hockey team.

GFCC....xlolx...I love this....xlolx

If more of them were on here, you would have one of them jumping all over you.

Next year will pick up but once the '20 season is here, the sh**show will start between Bison fans and them...

TheKingpin28
September 14th, 2018, 09:28 PM
GFCC....xlolx...I love this....xlolx

If more of them were on here, you would have one of them jumping all over you.

Next year will pick up but once the '20 season is here, the sh**show will start between Bison fans and them...I was always told to never pick on your younger and inferior red-headed step siblings.

Oh and the GFCC comes from Dewey. He was the first one I saw use it and I've been using it since.

cx500d
September 14th, 2018, 09:35 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/2hzajv.jpg

Daytripper
September 14th, 2018, 10:06 PM
I think that the most telling thing about this SHSU v. UND thread is that it is dominated by NDSU peeps. Of course we could say that about every thread...

nodak651
September 14th, 2018, 10:11 PM

Um... petty sure there is already a full page of thread drift. And Keeler specifically compared the "style" of offense, not the overall skill level.

Get over yourselves.

cx500d
September 14th, 2018, 10:13 PM
Um... petty sure there is already a full page of thread drift. And Keeler specifically compared the "style" of offense, not the overall skill leveln.

Get over yourselves.

No ****, Sherlock

nodak651
September 14th, 2018, 10:16 PM
No ****, Sherlock
Tell that to Bison fan in NW MN...

F'N Hawks
I think that the most telling thing about this SHSU v. UND thread is that it is dominated by NDSU peeps. Of course we could say that about every thread...

Pretty much. But...get over yourself already, ok?

Bison Fan in NW MN

A few more you your ilk will be coming out if you keep winning....a BIG IF....

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2018, 10:18 PM
Tell that to Bison fan in NW MN...

That's why we chuckle.

Oh well, you guys have hockey season coming up soon enough....xlolx

F'N Hawks
September 14th, 2018, 10:24 PM
That's why we chuckle.

Oh well, you guys have hockey season coming up soon enough....xlolx

You know what's really neat is how any time new fans show up you guys make fun of them cause they weren't here years ago. Like it's a limited membership club.

Build a cyber wall - MAGSGA.

BisonFan02
September 14th, 2018, 10:28 PM
................xlolx

Lemme try again....this time in BOLD for our slow friends in GF.

North Dakota's physical, wear-you-down style is built from the same mold of North Dakota State and James Madison, the other FCS power that has come along in Keeler's five years at Sam Houston - the one that hammered his team in the 2016 playoffs - so the Bearkats will have a measuring stick before they head into Southland Conference play next week.

UND has absolutely nothing in common with the first two noted.....and by no means is any sort of measuring stick for postseason success.

oh.....annnnnnd xlolx

nodak651
September 14th, 2018, 10:58 PM
Lemme try again....this time in BOLD for our slow friends in GF.

UND has absolutely nothing in common with the first two noted.....and by no means is any sort of measuring stick for postseason success.

oh.....annnnnnd xlolx

Say what you want, but it will be a measuring stick for that style of offense.

BisonFan02
September 14th, 2018, 11:02 PM
Say what you want, but it will be a measuring stick for that style of offense.

You spelled "low bar" wrong.

nodak651
September 14th, 2018, 11:04 PM
You spelled "low bar" wrong.
Back on topic. How many yards rushing do you expect SHSU to hold UND to?

cx500d
September 14th, 2018, 11:07 PM
Back on topic. How many yards rushing do you expect SHSU to hold UND to?
My guess is und will do pretty good rushing against Shsu.

nodak651
September 14th, 2018, 11:15 PM
My guess is und will do pretty good rushing against Shsu.

But isn't that the point? SHSU is trying to shore up its run defense, and UND's offense relies on its run game. Hense measuring stick.

I'd be interested in seeing some predictions from the trolls talking smack.

POD Knows
September 14th, 2018, 11:24 PM
Pretty much. But...get over yourself already, ok?
Seriously shut these ****ers up. I can’t believe I said that

Scooter
September 15th, 2018, 12:45 AM
I will be watching how this plays out. SHSU needs to win this one if only to give us something to read about. UND isn't that bad a team. UND tries to use a physical defensive scheme...I guess this game will tell us if they are making strides. Good luck to the team from down south. Just can't root for the hawks...don't hate them....well...yeah...I hate them...how i really hate them. xsmiley_wix

Some of my closest friends are UND grads...not to mention my wife's family...god holidays suck.:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2018, 05:49 AM
I will be watching how this plays out. SHSU needs to win this one if only to give us something to read about. UND isn't that bad a team. UND tries to use a physical defensive scheme...I guess this game will tell us if they are making strides. Good luck to the team from down south. Just can't root for the hawks...don't hate them....well...yeah...I hate them...how i really hate them. xsmiley_wix

Some of my closest friends are UND grads...not to mention my wife's family...god holidays suck.:D

My wife is a UND grad...xlolx

She's come over from the dark side is a Bison football fan now.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28806&stc=1

Twentysix
September 15th, 2018, 08:11 AM
My wife is a UND grad...xlolx

She's come over from the dark side is a Bison football fan now.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28806&stc=1

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/shia.gif

UpstateBison
September 15th, 2018, 09:02 AM
If SHSU does not win this game, it will be a very, very long season in Huntsville.

X-Factor
September 15th, 2018, 09:42 AM
If SHSU does not win this game, it will be a very, very long season in Huntsville.

Maybe when they get to the playoffs

katss07
September 15th, 2018, 10:14 AM
We’ll get in at 7-4 or so and make the quarterfinals only to get blown out.

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 10:15 AM
I’d rather you just kicked the snot out of the f-hawkers before getting blown out in the quarters

TennBison
September 15th, 2018, 10:24 AM
Just so everyone knows. I am officially giving SHSU permission to win this game.
There, now I have done my part to jinx The Who.

TennBison
September 15th, 2018, 10:26 AM
I’d rather you just kicked the snot out of the f-hawkers before getting blown out in the 1st round
Fixed it for you, they are starting a new culture down there.

caribbeanhen
September 15th, 2018, 10:38 AM

at least you beat the legit FCS teams in the playoffs

Nodak78
September 15th, 2018, 12:49 PM
................xlolx
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/disneyvillains/images/1/1b/Vultures.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170311190600 (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjIy6_Yx73dAhUl_4MKHYoeCQ0QjRx6BAgBEAU&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdisneyvillains.wikia.com%2Fwiki%2 FVultures_(Snow_White_and_the_Seven_Dwarfs)&psig=AOvVaw1Dlz3qbWkBrojlndmOPUEb&ust=1537119807447234)
triggering a bizooooon as easy as falling off a log. Now enjoy your day game. I will.

katss07
September 15th, 2018, 01:14 PM
Fixed it for you, they are starting a new culture down there.
Was that a joke? If it was it made no sense.

F'N Hawks
September 15th, 2018, 05:02 PM
My guess: SHSU 41 UND 31. Dont like the timing of this, travel, styles. We'll see.

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 05:03 PM
My guess: SHSU 41 UND 31. Dont like the timing of this, travel, styles. We'll see.
I think you got a good chance. They aren’t known for defense

F'N Hawks
September 15th, 2018, 05:30 PM
I think you got a good chance. They aren’t known for defense

UND isnt known for offense, like at all.

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 05:31 PM
UND isnt known for offense, like at all.
Cmon, you got 2 rb’s that seem to do ok sometimes.

F'N Hawks
September 15th, 2018, 05:35 PM
Cmon, you got 2 rb’s that seem to do ok sometimes.
We'll see. Will be a fun game!

Sammy94
September 15th, 2018, 05:44 PM
It’s so hot the devil is in attendance.

Lorne_Malvo
September 15th, 2018, 05:46 PM

As bad at pictures as you are at playoffs. :)

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 06:08 PM
Looks like there’s about half full at the shsu track stadium?

Schism55
September 15th, 2018, 06:19 PM
UND march down the field... 7-0 Pigeons

Lorne_Malvo
September 15th, 2018, 06:19 PM
Sammy D already in playoff form. UND running all over them.

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 06:54 PM
Wow, shsu ices their own kicker...

BisonBacker
September 15th, 2018, 07:14 PM

Good Lord how bad is SHSU?

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 07:28 PM
Why does shsu keep icing their own kicker?

Professor Chaos
September 15th, 2018, 07:35 PM
Is Midco or someone blacking this game out in the Fargo area on ESPN3? I can't get it to stream, it just says "You do not have access to this event in your area". I can bring up Nicholls/McNeese and ACU/HBU without an issue. If so that's a crock of ****.

Sammy94
September 15th, 2018, 07:37 PM
As bad at pictures as you are at playoffs. :)

Devil took it.

JSUSoutherner
September 15th, 2018, 07:37 PM

He is one of few it looks like.

JSUSoutherner
September 15th, 2018, 07:38 PM
Is it still an ice if he misses before the timeout too?

geaux_sioux
September 15th, 2018, 07:51 PM
Is Midco or someone blacking this game out in the Fargo area on ESPN3? I can't get it to stream, it just says "You do not have access to this event in your area". I can bring up Nicholls/McNeese and ACU/HBU without an issue. If so that's a crock of ****.
Crock of **** indeed. It's also blacked out in the Houston area where my sister lives.

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 07:53 PM
Is it still an ice if he misses before the timeout too?
Well, technically they called the timeout before he missed, giving him the chance t get it blocked on the retry

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 07:55 PM
Shsu must have sprayed their uniforms with Pam at halftime

Southern Bison
September 15th, 2018, 07:58 PM

I can't get this game or Nicholls/McNeese either in Charlotte.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
September 15th, 2018, 07:59 PM
Crock of **** indeed. It's also blacked out in the Houston area where my sister lives.

I wonder if using a VPN would solve that problem for you guys?

Preferred Walk-On
September 15th, 2018, 07:59 PM

It's on WDAY Xtra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 08:00 PM
I can't get this game or Nicholls/McNeese either in Charlotte.

I’m watching them both on the ESPN app on my Apple TV

TheKingpin28
September 15th, 2018, 08:09 PM
Works fine for me.

JSUSoutherner
September 15th, 2018, 08:11 PM
I’m watching them both on the ESPN app on my Apple TV
I'm watching on my phone. Haven't tried the nicholls game.

Bison56
September 15th, 2018, 08:15 PM
I had to watch with the antenna in Fargo.

POD Knows
September 15th, 2018, 08:15 PM
I cant get the UND SHSU game by Fargo either. Blacked out.

Professor Chaos
September 15th, 2018, 08:22 PM
It's on WDAY Xtra.

That would likely explain it. I've got DIRECTV which doesn't have any of the WDAY alt channels and I don't have the antenna to pick up WDAY Extra. Oh well.

caribbeanhen
September 15th, 2018, 08:23 PM
coming in clear down here in San Juan

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 08:25 PM
That would likely explain it. I've got DIRECTV which doesn't have any of the WDAY alt channels and I don't have the antenna to pick up WDAY Extra. Oh well.
Sounds like you are ****ed unless you vpn

BisonBacker
September 15th, 2018, 08:36 PM

Your not really missing anything. It is after all only the prairie chickens from GFCC xthumbsupx

IBleedYellow
September 15th, 2018, 08:37 PM
Oh **** I can watch this over the air?!? Perfect.

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 08:38 PM
Your not really missing anything. It is after all only the prairie chickens from GFCC xthumbsupx
To be fair he’s missing out on a nice collapse

BisonBacker
September 15th, 2018, 08:38 PM
Oppps excuse me I meant to say the Fighting prairie chickens xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2018, 08:40 PM
Crowd looks small on TV.

Actually a decent game.

TheKingpin28
September 15th, 2018, 08:40 PM
What the hell just happened? Needed to get a commercial in the middle of the game?

IBleedYellow
September 15th, 2018, 08:45 PM
UND fans y'all got boned on your new nickname.

Kick-ass and iconic Sioux to....that.

BisonBacker
September 15th, 2018, 08:50 PM
Wow SHSU that is one sparse crowd for a game. What was the announced attendance anyone know?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2018, 08:58 PM
Big 4th down for UND

TheKingpin28
September 15th, 2018, 09:00 PM
That's a money play for a TD. Damn, GFCC is showing up.

24-23 GFCC

4:44 left in the 4th

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2018, 09:00 PM
TD UND....up 24-23

caribbeanhen
September 15th, 2018, 09:02 PM
always interesting when Sammy plays a game out of the Southland

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 09:04 PM
Fhawkers left too much time on the clock

TheKingpin28
September 15th, 2018, 09:07 PM
Remember when I called SHSU a paper tiger and Daytripper called me a troll?

Well, DT, am I correct in that assessment?

caribbeanhen
September 15th, 2018, 09:11 PM
just toss it in the EZ for 6, game over

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2018, 09:13 PM

Even though UND sucks, this is a good win for their program. SHSU was ranked #5, which was way too high of course, but UND beat them straight up.

Oh ya, DT is usually wrong on about everything...xlolx

Serpentor
September 15th, 2018, 09:13 PM
Well that sucked

caribbeanhen
September 15th, 2018, 09:14 PM

you can call every team in FCS a paper tiger with one exception

Schism55
September 15th, 2018, 09:14 PM
Hats off to UND. Well earned victory.

TheRevSFA
September 15th, 2018, 09:15 PM
This isn’t the same Sam team we’ve seen over recent years...they don’t have a great QB, they lost a lot of weaponry.

Sam will probably make post season but not as the AQ unless something changes in Huntsville

TheKingpin28
September 15th, 2018, 09:15 PM
Even though UND sucks, this is a good win for their program. SHSU was ranked #5, which was way too high of course, but UND beat them straight up.

Oh ya, DT is usually wrong on about everything...xlolx

I had them at #11 and I thought I was being generous then. But as usual, I am nothing but a troll whose only goal is to rip on teams I do not like. xrolleyesx

TheKingpin28
September 15th, 2018, 09:16 PM
you can call every team in FCS a paper tiger with one exception

Have you met MVSU, AR-PB, Valparaiso, etc... ?

geaux_sioux
September 15th, 2018, 09:17 PM
No way that should have been that hard. Our OC has got to be the worst in the entire country. He is a joke.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2018, 09:18 PM
This isn’t the same Sam team we’ve seen over recent years...they don’t have a great QB, they lost a lot of weaponry.

Sam will probably make post season but not as the AQ unless something changes in Huntsville

Agree on the QB talent. This SHSU QB is nothing like Briscoe.

- - - Updated - - -

No way that should have been that hard. Our OC has got to be the worst in the entire country. He is a joke.

Messingham called a mediocre game today for the Bison.

UND earned this victory. Good win.

caribbeanhen
September 15th, 2018, 09:23 PM

Valparaiso yes, aka sailors Disney Land haha

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 09:23 PM
Sammy you disappoint me. Nice comeback and good last qtr defense f-hawkers; I thought you had given up. Good game

flyrod
September 15th, 2018, 09:26 PM
You can sure tell by this game tonight SHSU is hurting with their graduation losses......was waiting for the march down the field and score in the last few min of the game..but didnt happen.

Southern Bison
September 15th, 2018, 10:21 PM
No way that should have been that hard. Our OC has got to be the worst in the entire country. He is a joke.To be honest, your last word of the post can apply to the entire outhouse y'all call a university. GFCC beating Sam is comparing to Rhode Island beating Delaware.

BisonFan02
September 15th, 2018, 10:23 PM
Biggest win in UND program history. Worms are turning or something like that. xlolx

Twentysix
September 15th, 2018, 10:23 PM
You can sure tell by this game tonight SHSU is hurting with their graduation losses......was waiting for the march down the field and score in the last few min of the game..but didnt happen.

Gotta remember that this game was the follow up to SHSU only winning because PVAM messed up back to back punts to give SHSU the game. SHSU definitely looks like a wounded animal compared to seasons past.

Southern Bison
September 15th, 2018, 10:38 PM
Gotta remember that this game was the follow up to SHSU only winning because PVAM messed up back to back punts to give SHSU the game. SHSU definitely looks like a wounded animal compared to seasons past.Sam shouldn't be sniffing the top 25 after surviving PV A&M and losing to GFCC.

Southern Bison
September 15th, 2018, 10:40 PM
Biggest win in UND program history. Worms are turning or something like that. xlolxAren't they still busy with the Nazi sympathizer's body?

Serpentor
September 15th, 2018, 10:43 PM
I had them at #11 and I thought I was being generous then. But as usual, I am nothing but a troll whose only goal is to rip on teams I do not like. xrolleyesx

Saying it sarcastically doesn't make it untrue. xrotatehx

JacksFan40
September 15th, 2018, 10:45 PM
After today a paper tiger might be to much for AR-PB. That game was the equivalent of putting a 3 year old in the octagon against Brock Lesnar, it was a joke of a D1 team.

F'N Hawks
September 15th, 2018, 10:48 PM
Good game, fun to watch.

F'N Hawks
September 15th, 2018, 10:51 PM
To be honest, your last word of the post can apply to the entire outhouse y'all call a university. GFCC beating Sam is comparing to Rhode Island beating Delaware.

Sorry for your loss.

BisonTru
September 15th, 2018, 10:55 PM
After today a paper tiger might be to much for AR-PB. That game was the equivalent of putting a 3 year old in the octagon against Brock Lesnar, it was a joke of a D1 team.

I just saw the score of your game. WTF happened? Did AR-PB do some cheerleader tipping last night? Judging by the box score it looks like you guys put the wood to those poor bastards till the bitter end.

IBleedYellow
September 15th, 2018, 10:55 PM
Nice win for UND. Looks like SHSU is finally trying to play defense.

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 10:56 PM
I just saw the score of your game. WTF happened? Did AR-PB do some cheerleader tipping last night? Judging by the box score it looks like you guys put the wood to those poor bastards till the bitter end.
They were mixing Red Bull with the joose

BisonTru
September 15th, 2018, 10:58 PM

You spend too much time on bisonville.

F'N Hawks
September 15th, 2018, 10:59 PM
You spend too much time on bisonville.

Did you watch the first half vs the second half of the UND game? It's a valid statement he made.

JacksFan40
September 15th, 2018, 11:04 PM
We had our 4th and 5th stringers walking to end zone against them, they did nothing to stop us and it was sad really. We could’ve grabbed the first 11 SDSU fans to come in the stadium and still would’ve rolled.

cx500d
September 15th, 2018, 11:06 PM
Did you watch the first half vs the second half of the UND game? It's a valid statement he made.
Really your offense and defense just took the 3rd quarter off. Very nice return to the field in the 4th q

IBleedYellow
September 15th, 2018, 11:07 PM
Holy **** guys.

Just congratulate UND then walk away.

NDSU fans especially. Y'all are ****ing trying to belittle every damn thing UND or SHSU does.

Who cares. We're better than them and even if they get closer.... so? A rising tide raises all boats.

That said we better not lose to UND for the rest of my life.

BisonTru
September 15th, 2018, 11:11 PM

I watched precisely none of the game. The OC is the easiest person to fault. We should have run the ball? We should have passed the ball? Why did he call that? I'm more making fun of Bisonville.

Carry on. Congrats on the win tho. A win vs Sammy is rare for a Big Sky team. xdrunkyx

Southern Bison
September 15th, 2018, 11:15 PM
Holy **** guys.

NDSU fans especially. Y'all are ****ing trying to belittle every damn thing UND or SHSU does.

Who cares. We're better than them and even if they get closer.... so? A rising tide raises all boats.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TapatalkIf that's true, then what's the point of a rivalry that used to be one of the greatest in the country?

**** the Sioux...forever

Southern Bison
September 15th, 2018, 11:18 PM
Sorry for your loss.Only GFCC would make a jump to FCS and have to shift conferences a few years later...JFC, just how stupid are y'all?

F'N Hawks
September 16th, 2018, 12:09 AM
Only GFCC would make a jump to FCS and have to shift conferences a few years later...JFC, just how stupid are y'all?

Y'all of us are really stupid.

Scooter
September 16th, 2018, 01:33 AM
Nice win. I kept thinking that coming away with 3s was going to kill Sam Houston...it did. I think that is the first top 5 win for UND. Congrats.

MTfan4life
September 16th, 2018, 01:34 AM
Crazy stat from this result. Sam Houston State has only lost 3 home games from 2011-present. All three games were in September and have been to CSU-Pueblo, Lamar, and North Dakota.

They've beaten Kennesaw State, South Dakota, Nicholls, McNeese, Montana, Cal Poly, Central Arkansas, Colgate, Southern Utah, Southeastern Louisiana, Eastern Washington, Montana State, and Stony Brook all during their respective playoff seasons and/or runs, but seem to struggle with those pesky home September games against teams you'd never think they'd lose to.

JSUSoutherner
September 16th, 2018, 01:38 AM
AHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHA.

*Inhales*

HA

Good win, UND.

Lol, get F'Hawked.

Lorne_Malvo
September 16th, 2018, 02:55 AM
Y'all of us are really stupid.

Out of the millions of ways y'all can be used, you find a way to misuse it.

IBleedYellow
September 16th, 2018, 07:26 AM
Out of the millions of ways y'all can be used, you find a way to misuse it.Gotta say.

That's a thing of beauty right there.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 16th, 2018, 07:37 AM
We had our 4th and 5th stringers walking to end zone against them, they did nothing to stop us and it was sad really. We could’ve grabbed the first 11 SDSU fans to come in the stadium and still would’ve rolled.

xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 16th, 2018, 07:39 AM
Holy **** guys.

Agree on the whole post but that last sentence really gave me the hibby gibbies......xthumbsupx.....Wins forever...:D

POD Knows
September 16th, 2018, 08:14 AM
Out of the millions of ways y'all can be used, you find a way to misuse it.Yea, pretty sure that was his intent. xnodx

DaveK
September 16th, 2018, 09:41 AM
Reading through this thread, I am reminded of the rhetorical question I've been asking myself for so many years...

Who is more obnoxious : UND fans when talking about Minnesota Gophers hockey, or NDSU fans when talking about UND football?

BisonFan02
September 16th, 2018, 09:42 AM
Reading through this thread, I am reminded of the rhetorical question I've been asking myself for so many years...

Who is more obnoxious : UND fans when talking about Minnesota Gophers hockey, or NDSU fans when talking about UND football?

OMG.....they're coming back. Make it stahp! xlolx

Hey....go over to Sioux Sports (gonna change that soon or nah?) and tell Darell to come home.....I'll give him his avatar back even if he grovels a bit. :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 16th, 2018, 09:44 AM

Out of the woodwork comes DaveK....xlolx

Any thoughts on why is was a bad move for NDSU moving up to D1?

xlolx

POD Knows
September 16th, 2018, 09:45 AM

Who is more obnoxious : UND fans when talking about Minnesota Gophers hockey, or NDSU fans when talking about UND football?It is a coin toss because both UND and the Gophers suck equally, so UND smacking on UofM and the Bison faithful smacking on UND is a wash really.

Daytripper
September 16th, 2018, 10:01 AM
Crazy stat from this result. Sam Houston State has only lost 3 home games from 2011-present. All three games were in September and have been to CSU-Pueblo, Lamar, and North Dakota.

They've beaten Kennesaw State, South Dakota, Nicholls, McNeese, Montana, Cal Poly, Central Arkansas, Colgate, Southern Utah, Southeastern Louisiana, Eastern Washington, Montana State, and Stony Brook all during their respective playoff seasons and/or runs, but seem to struggle with those pesky home September games against teams you'd never think they'd lose to.

Yeah. Keeler seems to have these early season turds. The loss is more concerning than the others. In the other losses we simply didn't play hard (CSU-Pueblo) or an opposing player had a freakshow game (Lamar's Harrington). In both of those games we played poor defense. But we knew we had a capable QB to right the ship. We don't have that now. Dare just does not have anticipation, instincts or accuracy. He doesn't have the athleticism to compensate for those shortcomings. My worry is that Keeler will be unwilling to switch to a red-shirt freshman (both back ups are RSF). It could be a long season for us.

JSUSoutherner
September 16th, 2018, 10:02 AM
Yeah. Keeler seems to have these early season turds. The loss is more concerning than the others. In the other losses we simply didn't play hard (CSU-Pueblo) or an opposing player had a freakshow game (Lamar's Harrington). In both of those games we played poor defense. But we knew we had a capable QB to right the ship. We don't have that now. Dare just does not have anticipation, instincts or accuracy. He doesn't have the athleticism to compensate for those shortcomings. My worry is that Keeler will be unwilling to switch to a red-shirt freshman (both back ups are RSF). It could be a long season for us.

I wouldn't throw that all on Dare though. You also suck at running the ball and stopping the run.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 16th, 2018, 10:05 AM
I wouldn't throw that all on Dare though. You also suck at running the ball and stopping the run.

This right here!

Daytripper
September 16th, 2018, 10:05 AM

They loaded up to stop the run and force Dare to beat us. It worked.

JSUSoutherner
September 16th, 2018, 10:15 AM

I mean that's why you get blown out in the playoffs every year. Teams shut down your run game, send heat, and you guys crack. What you guys need more than a better QB is a consistent running threat. Your OL is big. Use them. I don't think Dare is a bad QB, he's not Briscoe type that can carry you guys, but give the guy some help by running the ball and he will be just fine.

Also, play defense.

I'm not trying to troll with this post, I'm just stating my thoughts.

Gil Dobie
September 16th, 2018, 10:21 AM

Congrat's DaveK, on the big win. Nice one for that upstate normal school. ;)

Bison56
September 16th, 2018, 10:33 AM

katss07
September 16th, 2018, 10:37 AM
Another loss in September. I guess its better than losing a big game in November, but I don’t likes seeing them lose regardless. Luckily we have a chance to turn around and do it against Nicholls. Gotta make a strong impression on the committee by running through the conference. Big 2 weeks here for the Kats. Win these two and I like our playoff chances, gotta finish second to feel comfy about playoff chances. Lose and we might be in some trouble.

Regardless its a long season and you’ve gotta take it one week at a time. We’ve seen SHSU turn it around before. Why not do it again? Lets beat Nicholls and start this conference run! Eat Em Up

Daytripper
September 16th, 2018, 10:47 AM
I mean that's why you get blown out in the playoffs every year. Teams shut down your run game, send heat, and you guys crack. What you guys need more than a better QB is a consistent running threat. Your OL is big. Use them. I don't think Dare is a bad QB, he's not Briscoe type that can carry you guys, but give the guy some help by running the ball and he will be just fine.

Also, play defense.

I'm not trying to troll with this post, I'm just stating my thoughts.

With regard the defense, I thought we made some great adjustments in the second half. We had quite a few three-and-outs. We lost the game because we had two chances at 1st and goal and ended up with 6 total points.

F'N Hawks
September 16th, 2018, 11:02 AM

We didn't really load up anything. It's a 3-4 so five guys are on the line or with a couple yards at all times.

BisonBacker
September 16th, 2018, 11:09 AM

The answer is obvious. Who left the WCHA in favor or a different conference/alignment? Who left DII willingly with a vision and an eye for the future. In other words who were the leaders? Then ask who is the follower. The answer about who is more obnoxious is in the follower.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 16th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Here is a note once again to UND/NDSU fans. We all got real sick of the same old argument **** long ago. I've mitigated it over the years and it's been an acceptable level even if a bit excessive the last few years. I will not allow you to **** all over the FCS threads any longer. I will begin to pull you from these threads and take the FCS board away from anyone that can not keep it to a more acceptable level on them.

What's acceptable? Making one quick hit/funny and moving the hell on and leaving the stupid worn out crap alone. The rest of the board is and has been fairly tired of the act for a very long time. This is not directed at any one person but there are a small handful that continue to ruin threads on the FCS board. Know your surrounding and comport yourself appropriately for that board.

The SHSU stuff is also a bit overdone. Those people that caused trouble by running their mouths so much are not the ones that remain here and discuss games with us now. I'd like some of you to take this into account and stop making those here "pay" for any crap you carry with you over previous debates with others.

None of you ever go over to the smack board and make use of it. I suggest you start doing so because I am going to make it a major part of your experience here if you don't stop doing the overt smack on this one. About once a year I need to come in and make this statement but I usually just start working toward my threat before doing it a second time.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 16th, 2018, 11:28 AM
I watched most of that game last night. It was a very good game. Both teams have some good things and some bad to take away from that game but UND impressed me a lot last night.

Congrats to the Hawks and SHSU will get better but they do look to have slid back a bit from previous years so the SLC race is gonna be interesting this time around.

Daytripper
September 16th, 2018, 11:32 AM
I watched most of that game last night. It was a very good game. Both teams have some good things and some bad to take away from that game but UND impressed me a lot last night.

Congrats to the Hawks and SHSU will get better but they do look to have slid back a bit from previous years so the SLC race is gonna be interesting this time around.

Southland will be a legit 4 team race this year: SHSU, UCA, McNeese, Nicholls. ACU and SELA could make it interesting as well. This is the most wide-open race in quite a few years.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 16th, 2018, 11:50 AM
Southland will be a legit 4 team race this year: SHSU, UCA, McNeese, Nicholls. ACU and SELA could make it interesting as well. This is the most wide-open race in quite a few years.

For sure. I watched a lot of the McNeese/Nicholls game as well and both teams look good but McNeese had a little something extra last night and you gotta have some luck to win games between teams that are close.

Lorne_Malvo
September 16th, 2018, 11:56 AM
Get in, crack wise, get out. Its my motto.

DaveK
September 16th, 2018, 11:58 AM
It is a coin toss because both UND and the Gophers suck equally, so UND smacking on UofM and the Bison faithful smacking on UND is a wash really.

Last time I checked UND has a winning record all-time vs. NDSU in football, and the Gophers have a winning record all-time vs. UND in hockey. So, your comment is factually incorrect. Nice try, better luck next time.

BisonFan02
September 16th, 2018, 12:04 PM
Last time I checked UND has a winning record all-time vs. NDSU in football, and the Gophers have a winning record all-time vs. UND in hockey. So, your comment is factually incorrect. Nice try, better luck next time.

You forgot the Nickel for the UND bingo.

(sorry ursus....I'm done. xlolx)

Hammersmith
September 16th, 2018, 12:04 PM
I'm a little surprised at the surprise over SHSU's performance. Keeler himself has said this is going to be a transitional year and not to expect big things. He's said he's trying to change the program mindset and style of play to better compete with the NDSUs and JMUs of the subdivision, and that it's going to take a season or two to fully implement the change. It sounded like he decided to take advantage of the strong graduations last year; figured they were going to be down this year anyway, might as well shake things up at the same time. Get the pain over a little faster.

I'm paraphrasing all this from memory from an article that was posted last week. My takeaway was that the top-5 ranking SHSU was getting in some polls was ludicrous, and even a top-10 ranking was probably too high this year. Should probably be around 15(+/-3) until we see how fast Keeler's experiment is taking hold. Still one of UND's best wins as an FCS program, but not worth everyone on all sides losing their ****.

katss07
September 16th, 2018, 12:13 PM
I'm a little surprised at the surprise over SHSU's performance. Keeler himself has said this is going to be a transitional year and not to expect big things. He's said he's trying to change the program mindset and style of play to better compete with the NDSUs and JMUs of the subdivision, and that it's going to take a season or two to fully implement the change. It sounded like he decided to take advantage of the strong graduations last year; figured they were going to be down this year anyway, might as well shake things up at the same time. Get the pain over a little faster.

I'm paraphrasing all this from memory from an article that was posted last week. My takeaway was that the top-5 ranking SHSU was getting in some polls was ludicrous, and even a top-10 ranking was probably too high this year. Should probably be around 15(+/-3) until we see how fast Keeler's experiment is taking hold. Still one of UND's best wins as an FCS program, but not worth everyone on all sides losing their ****.
Your second paragraph basically sums up my thoughts. Good on UND big win for them. SHSU is maybe somewhere in the 18-25 range. Still think the Kats should be a playoff team but certainly not their best squad. Next two weeks will be very telling. Win and you have a chance to win the SLC/a good chance at an at large bid.

Also, congrats to UND. Didn’t meet any Hawk fans but congrats on the big win. Best of luck rest of the way guys. Go get em!

geaux_sioux
September 16th, 2018, 12:26 PM
Out of the woodwork comes DaveK....xlolx

Any thoughts on why is was a bad move for NDSU moving up to D1?

xlolx

DaveK has been disowned by UND fans. He ain’t one of us.

BisonFan02
September 16th, 2018, 12:29 PM

I know those feels. xlolx

POD Knows
September 16th, 2018, 12:31 PM
Last time I checked UND has a winning record all-time vs. NDSU in football, and the Gophers have a winning record all-time vs. UND in hockey. So, your comment is factually incorrect. Nice try, better luck next time.Did I freaking say anything about records, my comments had nothing to do with team performance, but just sucking in a general way friendly way, so to speak. Yea, and UND dominance over NDSU football is legendary given all the Natty's you guys won in the past.

F'N Hawks
September 16th, 2018, 12:35 PM

Where did he say these things?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 16th, 2018, 12:35 PM

I thought he might bite...:D

Actually I like your posting on here. You seem pretty knowledgeable about schemes and Xs and Os.....did you play college ball?

geaux_sioux
September 16th, 2018, 12:36 PM
Did I freaking say anything about records, my comments had nothing to do with team performance, but just sucking in a general way friendly way, so to speak. Yea, and UND dominance over NDSU football is legendary given all the Natty's you guys won in the past.

Don’t respond to him. He’ll tucker himself out eventually if we ignore him. He adds nothing but nonsense to any discussion.

BisonFan02
September 16th, 2018, 12:39 PM
Don’t respond to him. He’ll tucker himself out eventually if we ignore him. He adds nothing but nonsense to any discussion.

Send him over to the smack board....I wanna have my way with him.....then I will pay for my pizza and send him back to the store. xlolx

geaux_sioux
September 16th, 2018, 12:40 PM
I thought he might bite...:D

Actually I like your posting on here. You seem pretty knowledgeable about schemes and Xs and Os.....did you play college ball?

I did.

Anyway, as to the game, I’m not sure why Sam fans **** on their QB. He made a lot of plays with his legs when that was his only option. He throws a good ball and doesn’t seem to get that deer in the headlights thing like some qbs do. We had some pretty good coverage for most of the game, especially in the red zone so it’s not like he blew it. I also think their defense has a lot of very capable players who can run really well. It’s just going to come down to physicality. They might have to grind out some ugly ones this year which will certainly be unsettling to their fans who are used to pretty blowout wins but it will serve them better late in the year against good teams.

DaveK
September 16th, 2018, 12:43 PM
Send him over to the smack board....I wanna have my way with him.....then I will pay for my pizza and send him back to the store. xlolx

I was hoping I could lure a Bison zealot into making an ass out of himself, but I didn't realize just how easy it was going to be. Thank you for making yourself look so bad with that idiotic comment. My work here is now done. Moving along...

POD Knows
September 16th, 2018, 12:45 PM
Don’t respond to him. He’ll tucker himself out eventually if we ignore him. He adds nothing but nonsense to any discussion.Thanks man, I didn't recognize the poster. Also, great game yesterday, I had picked you guys to win and then somebody talked me out it, should always listen to the gut.

F'N Hawks
September 16th, 2018, 12:56 PM
It was a very good football game between two good teams. Not great, but good teams.

POD Knows
September 16th, 2018, 12:58 PM
It was a very good football game between two good teams. Not great, but good teams.It would have nice to be able to watch, they freaking blacked it out where I am at. I rushed home to fire the game up and couldn't get it.

katss07
September 16th, 2018, 01:08 PM
It was a very good football game between two good teams. Not great, but good teams.
Yes sir, two evenly matched teams going at it. Will be fun to see how the season plays out for both teams. Not expecting SHSU to roll over one bit. See you next year. Good luck with the BSC teams.

Daytripper
September 16th, 2018, 02:13 PM
I did.

Anyway, as to the game, I’m not sure why Sam fans **** on their QB. He made a lot of plays with his legs when that was his only option. He throws a good ball and doesn’t seem to get that deer in the headlights thing like some qbs do. We had some pretty good coverage for most of the game, especially in the red zone so it’s not like he blew it. I also think their defense has a lot of very capable players who can run really well. It’s just going to come down to physicality. They might have to grind out some ugly ones this year which will certainly be unsettling to their fans who are used to pretty blowout wins but it will serve them better late in the year against good teams.

I think we are spoiled. Our last three QBs were Brian Bell, Jarod Johnson and Jeremiah Briscoe. All were above average in their own way. I'm as guilty as anybody.

geaux_sioux
September 16th, 2018, 02:36 PM
I think we are spoiled. Our last three QBs were Brian Bell, Jarod Johnson and Jeremiah Briscoe. All were above average in their own way. I'm as guilty as anybody.

Gotta keep in mind they’re not asking him to throw for 500 yards a game like Briscoe. That’s just not a winning strategy late in the year.

Daytripper
September 16th, 2018, 03:02 PM
Gotta keep in mind they’re not asking him to throw for 500 yards a game like Briscoe. That’s just not a winning strategy late in the year.

I agree. We are just asking him to throw for 200 without taking stupid sacks.

katss07
September 16th, 2018, 03:15 PM
I think some of us feel that Dare is slow and isn’t the style of player we want to have around while we have a good qb sitting on the bench.

geaux_sioux
September 16th, 2018, 03:22 PM
I think some of us feel that Dare is slow and isn’t the style of player we want to have around while we have a good qb sitting on the bench.

He proved not all that slow when he ran last night. I read someone on your board reference Bledsoe with how slow Dare is. I think you guys are just being unnecessarily ****y with him right now.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 16th, 2018, 03:25 PM
Get in, crack wise, get out. Its my motto.

You always have a good line and don't carry on. If I were to quote a couple of people on this subject it would probably be you, BF02, and POD on a lot of them.

SDFS
September 16th, 2018, 04:40 PM
You always have a good line and don't carry on. If I were to quote a couple of people on this subject it would probably be you, BF02, and POD on a lot of them.

Admin - feeding the trolls??!?! - I think people are trying to talk about the game still

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 16th, 2018, 04:44 PM
Admin - feeding the trolls??!?! - I think people are trying to talk about the game still

His board bud.

Can do what he wants to.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 16th, 2018, 04:50 PM

Dude, I'll run it my way how about that? I'm trying to ease it back and now I have to listen to **** from you while doing it? We've talked before and I'd like us to be on a good level of civility but you really ought to STFU when I'm trying to bring the temperature down here.xthumbsupx

I was trying to steer it back in that direction and now we have this. Let's leave it be.

SDFS
September 16th, 2018, 04:58 PM
Dude, I'll run it my way how about that? I'm trying to ease it back and now I have to listen to **** from you while doing it? We've talked before and I'd like us to be on a good level of civility but you really ought to STFU when I'm trying to bring the temperature down here.xthumbsupx

I was trying to steer it back in that direction and now we have this. Let's leave it be.

It was my one crack and now I am out ...xdrunkyx

JSUSoutherner
September 16th, 2018, 04:59 PM
I agree. We are just asking him to throw for 200 without taking stupid sacks.

Maybe if your running game was a threat teams wouldn't be so eager to send heat at the kid.

cx500d
September 16th, 2018, 05:00 PM
I was hoping I could lure a Bison zealot into making an ass out of himself, but I didn't realize just how easy it was going to be. Thank you for making yourself look so bad with that idiotic comment. My work here is now done. Moving along...

You know what they say, it Takes an ass to bring out the Ass in someone

cx500d
September 16th, 2018, 05:02 PM
Yes sir, two evenly matched teams going at it. Will be fun to see how the season plays out for both teams. Not expecting SHSU to roll over one bit. See you next year. Good luck with the BSC teams.

Well, we know they have no chance at winning the BSC

SDFS
Maybe if your running game was a threat teams wouldn't be so eager to send heat at the kid.

They have two legit running backs... they can be a very good running team with those running backs.

F'N Hawks
Well, we know they have no chance at winning the BSC

Zero. Couldn't be less.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 16th, 2018, 05:03 PM
It was my one crack and now I am out ...xdrunkyx

xlolx

That was pretty good. Nice work.

cx500d
September 16th, 2018, 05:04 PM

I’m disappointed...I’m going to have to step my game up....unfortunately I already have that lifetime ban on katfans and gopherhole....

geaux_sioux
September 16th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Dressler must have had a little wager in the locker room.
https://twitter.com/tflanders405/status/1041350607532118017?s=21

Daytripper
September 16th, 2018, 08:14 PM
I’m disappointed...I’m going to have to step my game up....unfortunately I already have that lifetime ban on katfans and gopherhole....

Both well deserved. You are who you are.

cx500d
September 16th, 2018, 08:15 PM
Both well deserved. You are who you are.

Believe it or not, sometimes I really have to try.

Katfan
September 16th, 2018, 08:16 PM
Also they are the only ND team to come into Huntsville and win! NDSU is 0-1

TheKingpin28
September 16th, 2018, 08:28 PM
Believe it or not, sometimes I really have to try.

He still won't respond to my post about how I called his team a paper tiger before they played GFCC and then they lose to GFCC. Typical of his ilk.