PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Prospects and I-AA News

McNeeserocket
July 26th, 2005, 05:02 PM
I am posting this for a friend who asked me if I would help him since he isn't able to post at the moment. This is from the Swami:

__________________________________________________ _______________

Hey everyone I am out of town and not able to get on the board. So I am having one of my good friends on the board Rocketcrockett post for me.

Here are the top 10 NFL prospects heading into the season as of right now after going through game tapes, talking to NFL sources, and compiling notes. Notice I left out a round projection as right now the NFL has these kids all over the board. Some have Cletis Gordon 2nd-3rd and some have him as a PFA.

A few teams have James high on the board and others have him very low.

Meyer and Barnett are also all over the board as well as Kelvin Dickens.

Here is the top 10:

6 FS/CB Shannon James Massachusetts

4 CB Cletis Gordon Jackson State

9 QB Erik Meyer Eastern Washington

4 CB David Pittman Northwestern State

1 CB Darren Barnett SMS

32 WR Eric Kimble Eastern Washington

2 WR Kelvin Dickens Morgan State

26 K Jon Scifres SMS

90 DE Darrell Adams Villanova

49 ILB/OLB William Freeman Furman

Also here is a look at some notes on some I-AA players to watch out for this season.

#1 senior CB Darren Barnett of SMS who weighs in at 5110 185 pounds and currently runs in the 4.50/4.55 range has supposedly gotten his grades in order after attending a JUCO and will play this fall… He was named preseason first team All-Gateway Conference both by the Conference and by myself…. Look for him to be a top player to watch out for… Barnett is also an All-American candidate who has been left off most lists… Expect him to be a 1st or 2nd team All-American at the end of the season.

#91 junior DT Charrod Taylor of Georgia Southern is opening a lot of eyes in Statesboro and looks to be all-conference for sure… The SoCon Coaches (2nd team) and myself (1st team) both named him preseason All-SoCon… He shows good quickness and strength and could become an All-American by the end of his career… He currently weighs in at 6020 248 pounds and runs in the 4.89 40 range.

#32 senior OLB Bruce Branch of Northern Arizona is back after playing in only 2 games last season… He was forced to redshirt with a left ACL/MCL/meniscus/fractured kneecap… He still posted 26 TT, 2 TFL, and 2 PBU last season… expect a big season from him in 2005… He currently weighs in at 6001 220 pounds and runs in the 4.50 range.

Here is a list of 10 players who might not be on most preseason lists but could have a huge year:

DE Stephen Bowen, Hofstra, Sr.

OT Harry Dunn, James Madison, Sr.

OLB Bruce Branch, Northern Arizona, Sr.

DT Charrod Taylor, GSU, Jr.

TE Shawn Carlson, Youngstown State, Sr.

DT Jesse Hayes, Howard, Sr.

OT Albert Stinson, Jackson State, Sr.

DE Matt Chachere, Cal Poly, Sr.

LB Brian Johnston, Gardner-Webb, Soph.

QB Noah Allen, Sam Houston State, Jr.

Hope all is well with everyone and I hope to be back on the board soon!

Ralph tell us when the magazine is coming out!!! Please!!! We can't wait!!!! I know I was happy to put a lot of long hours in on it!

Thanks everyone!
Swami Josh

Baldy
July 26th, 2005, 07:45 PM
I am posting this for a friend who asked me if I would help him since he isn't able to post at the moment. This is from the Swami:

__________________________________________________ _______________
#91 junior DT Charrod Taylor of Georgia Southern is opening a lot of eyes in Statesboro and looks to be all-conference for sure… The SoCon Coaches (2nd team) and myself (1st team) both named him preseason All-SoCon… He shows good quickness and strength and could become an All-American by the end of his career… He currently weighs in at 6020 248 pounds and runs in the 4.89 40 range.

Charrod is a monster. I know, according to our roster he's 248lbs. But to be more accurate, you better add about 40lbs. to that number.

cosmo here
July 26th, 2005, 09:07 PM

Isn't able to post at the moment . .

isn't the Schwam listed as "Banned" under his name on his previous posts ? what happened ? :rolleyes:

Retro
July 26th, 2005, 09:12 PM
He violated the rules of I-AA.org and if i were him, would just not try to get other people to post for him..

Let's put it this way: If he wrote for Sports Illustrated, he would be in serious legal trouble!

cosmo here
July 26th, 2005, 09:21 PM
He violated the rules of I-AA.org and if i were him, would just not try to get other people to post for him..

Let's put it this way: If he wrote for Sports Illustrated, he would be in serious legal trouble!

that's a shame.

umassfan
July 26th, 2005, 09:50 PM

If he wrote for SI... he would get PAID!

blueballs
July 27th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Charrod is a monster. I know, according to our roster he's 248lbs. But to be more accurate, you better add about 40lbs. to that number.

Baldy's right about that. I go about 225 and he dwarfs me. He is "full grown" as they say in South GA.

McNeeserocket
July 27th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Isn't able to post at the moment . .

isn't the Schwam listed as "Banned" under his name on his previous posts ? what happened ? :rolleyes:
Swami told me the following today.

Swami and Ralph had a misunderstanding and Ralph has banned him, but Swami is busy with NFL business at the moment. So once Ralph and Swami work it out the Swami sincerely hopes and wants to be back.

LBPop
July 27th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Baldy's right about that. I go about 225 and he dwarfs me. He is "full grown" as they say in South GA.

Isn't that pronounced, "full growed"? ;)

cosmo here
July 27th, 2005, 01:29 PM
Swami told me the following today.

Swami and Ralph had a misunderstanding and Ralph has banned him, but Swami is busy with NFL business at the moment. So once Ralph and Swami work it out the Swami sincerely hopes and wants to be back.

isn't he always busy with NFL business . . ? he is the Swami, of course.

blueballs
July 27th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Isn't that pronounced, "full growed"? ;)

Yeah :D :D :D

umassfan
July 27th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Yeah, he would be paying fines for selling and publishing material he doesn't own.

Last I checked HE did the interviews therefore HE owns the rights to them CORRECT?